Give dead hard the killer meta treatment?

Devs please be brave (i promise survivors won't leave your game) and nerf dead hard as hard as Ruin, Thanatophobia, Pop, Tinkerer and Eruption. To the point that survivors no longer want to waste a perk slot using it, just like killers don't bother with the nerfed perks anymore. If it's still the most used perk in the game, it's still extremely good, it's as simple as that.

(P.S i rarely play this game anymore, but looking at dead hard as the most used perk STILL, blows my mind. While every gen regression perk is getting destroyed)

Comments

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342316#Comment_3342316

    Since when does a killer know that the survivor in front of them has dead hard if it wasn't already successfully used against them once before.

    That's one of the complaints that dh just like DS give through uncertainty alone a benefit for survivor as a whole.

    Since I've been able to use my eyes.

    The Nea making direct eye contact with me as she slams into walls probably has Dead Hard, I don't feel like that's very difficult to ascertain

  • @LordSturm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341918#Comment_3341918

    "Simply wait it out" - lmao

    That didn't work as a counterargument for Eruption, so it doesn't work for Dead Hard either.

    Its not the same thing since you can’t really counter eruption if you’re not on comms. Theres no way to know/ anticipate if a killer has or not so this argument doesn’t really work.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342425#Comment_3342425

    Since I've been able to use my eyes.

    The Nea making direct eye contact with me as she slams into walls probably has Dead Hard, I don't feel like that's very difficult to ascertain

    My friends only ever seem to get use out of Dead Hard when it’s a newer killer. As soon as we’re against people in our MMR range, it becomes virtually useless as killers just wait for you to use it and then swing after. Since the rework, I can only think of a handful of times people have been successful using it against my Myers and that’s when they’re running into a pallet. I find it no more ‘annoying’ than when people use Sprint Burst to zoom away from their gen. I’ve truly never understood why Dead Hard is always such a hot topic.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342219#Comment_3342219

    -"A 99’d SB will get you the same extension that a DH will."

    I'm sure you think that's true. A good player using Dead Hard can sometimes make a chase 30 seconds longer. A good team that throws in a few body blocks can make that 30 seconds into 60 seconds. The survivors can win if one person is on gens and everyone else cycles in/out to interfere with chase. Obviously during the first chase they blast 2-3 gens. You can see this happen daily on Truetalent's stream where he plays survivor as he is fed up playing killer (but will still play it if you pay him to do so using your build request).

    Your argument about the trapper is a strawman. Nobody is going to say : The Entity's left hand is such a good Trapper player that he could probably do better than an "average" blight.

    I can’t relate to any of that. That type of stuff doesn’t happen to me lol. A good player isn’t going to get value out of DH if they are facing a good killer. Survivors rarely get value out of me.

  • DH is fine imo. It's a million times better than it was with the outrageous superman dash.

  • @Wrecked said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342444#Comment_3342444

    My friends only ever seem to get use out of Dead Hard when it’s a newer killer. As soon as we’re against people in our MMR range, it becomes virtually useless as killers just wait for you to use it and then swing after. Since the rework, I can only think of a handful of times people have been successful using it against my Myers and that’s when they’re running into a pallet. I find it no more ‘annoying’ than when people use Sprint Burst to zoom away from their gen. I’ve truly never understood why Dead Hard is always such a hot topic.

    Because sprint burst, you have wasted 0s in a chase with them before seeing they have sprint burst, while dead hard triggers in the chase, and if you activate it, not only does it remove bloodlust, but it also gives them the best distance out of most of the exhaustion perks besides overcome. When it does work, it's obnoxious, and people can underplay it all they want, but it's still used for a reason because it's still good. It's not the most used exhaustion perk for zero reasons because it can literally win games, while sprint burst only makes it, so the killer doesn't get into a chase with you unless you're 99, which isn't something most people have time to do anyway.

    If sprint burst really was stronger, wouldn't you know people use sprint burst more than dead hard? You guys are like the people who doubted the strength of old dead hard and kept saying sprint burst was just better because sometimes it didn't work and left you exhausted on the ground. When they added dedicated hits and everyone started to use dead hard, it wasn't much of a surprise to how obviously good it was. It's still good, and it still gives you more value than all the exhaustion perks when it works because that 20s chase just turned into a much longer chase than it would have if they had sprint burst.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342425#Comment_3342425

    Since I've been able to use my eyes.

    The Nea making direct eye contact with me as she slams into walls probably has Dead Hard, I don't feel like that's very difficult to ascertain

    Ah yes sorry, i forgot that's always this exact same scenario with every survivor and no survivor without dead hard ever looks behind them 🙄

  • DH is untouchable because the devs know they will lose a lot of survivor players (who supply most of the revenue) if they nerf it any further. The last “nerf” really was not a nerf at all, especially for decent players who can time it consistently (or the cheaters who use auto DH). It’s still a free second chance, no different than what it was before.


  • @LordSturm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341784#Comment_3341784

    to even call Dead Hard's rework a nerf is debatable, it's still the best survivor perk, still extremely strong, still a 3rd health state, still has virtually no counterplay when combined with a pallet, etc.

    but now you get a hit speedboost off of it lol, so it just has different situations where it excels, but most of them are the same as before, sometimes you even get better results than before.

    True

    It was a nerf for novice - intermediate.

    It was a buff for expert - master.

    Can only wait it out in the open, windows, and at the few short loops that exist (if ping isn't weird).

    Every killer except nurse and blight is cautious because of how hard it can potentially screw you on momentum, all pausing forever before swinging, making the entire interaction look pretty stupid almost every time you catch up to an injured survivor.

    When you're subject to them, higher mmr matches against M1 killers get absolutely carried by Dead Hard and it is 0 fun.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342138#Comment_3342138

    its not that difficult? It is beyond difficult to time a DH against a non-lunge attack. This is based on human reaction times vs the time to complete the attack. This DH is useless in deadzones unless you have a brain dead killer. I just finished a match against 4 dead hards. They didn’t land A SINGLE ONE successfully. It’s not hard.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342152#Comment_3342152

    Again… we aren’t talking about eruption?

    he doesn't know what precedent is - lmao

    You seem to know it's a fair point, you just have no way to dispute it so you try to discard it. Sorry, not happening.

  • @Bwsted said:

    They can delete DH for how much I care, but this forum meltdown does tell me that indeed there are a lot gen-kicking bots who got hard carried by Eruption. Hilarious.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341959#Comment_3341959

    I mean, it doesn't work as a counterargument because it's stupid as #########. Eruption incapacitates them from doing gens and... do you want them to counter that by not doing gens at all? If that's what people think, I guess the Eruption brain is a real disease.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342138#Comment_3342138

    It would only work on a lunge/power and on low latency on top of that. There's no validation anymore on DH. Try it on reaction on central EU server and you'll go down mid-animation in 3/4 of your trials, because 3/4 the killers are Russians lagging like there’s no tomorrow.

    Dead hard screws the killer for chasing survivors and... do you want them to counter that by not chasing survivors at all? If that's what people think, I guess the Dead Hard brain is a real disease.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341959#Comment_3341959

    It didnt work as a counterargument, because unlike the killer in a chase with a dead hard user, a solo survivor on a gen has no knowledge on when to wait it out. The fact that you dont know the difference seems to say all about how usefull a discussion with you about dbd balance is.

    not really true anymore when with the new HUD you can see when a survivor is in chase and when they're injured lol

  • @Desteriaa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341959#Comment_3341959

    Its not the same thing since you can’t really counter eruption if you’re not on comms. Theres no way to know/ anticipate if a killer has or not so this argument doesn’t really work.

    you can see who is currently in chase and who is injured, it's up to you to figure it out from there, just the same as the killer can see you're injured

    if you think eruption is impossible to counter even with that, you must think dead hard is too :)

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342302#Comment_3342302

    I can’t relate to any of that. That type of stuff doesn’t happen to me lol. A good player isn’t going to get value out of DH if they are facing a good killer. Survivors rarely get value out of me.

    I assume by your name alone that you are a blight main. When Hug tech gets removed you will likely cry.

    The funny thing is that the DH rework made it extremely easy for DH users to time their ability so you can't hit them when using their power because your window to attack with your power is extremely predictable with DH. You can choose not to swing as the "best" option and then that leaves the door open for them to condition you to not use DH the first time.

    Truetalent has been doing this against Blights on his stream now that killer is in such a garbage state.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342468#Comment_3342468

    I assume by your name alone that you are a blight main. When Hug tech gets removed you will likely cry.

    The funny thing is that the DH rework made it extremely easy for DH users to time their ability so you can't hit them when using their power because your window to attack with your power is extremely predictable with DH. You can choose not to swing as the "best" option and then that leaves the door open for them to condition you to not use DH the first time.

    Truetalent has been doing this against Blights on his stream now that killer is in such a garbage state.

    Nah I’m really not. 😂 I’ll just use bump logic exclusively and still stomp teams. It would literally change nothing but make my gameplay more simple and lethal. The fact you think that lets me know you’re part of the vast majority of players that have no clue how blight works or even the slightest clue how to go against him.

    Again.. I have no issues with DH. It’s the difference of being patient and waiting an extra second, or just baiting and using another rush. Ez.

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341784#Comment_3341784

    One is them is given as basekit, DS is still decent (and they provided an even better version of DS, off the record) , DH is still the most used perk. Killer meta perks nerfed to the point you don't see them anymore.

    DS is irrelevant and OTR is super easy to counter.

  • just waiting for basekit adrenaline and deliverance

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341897#Comment_3341897

    It’s not debatable at all lmao. Old dead hard gave guaranteed value. Not gonna make it to that window or pallet? DH for distance and boom, you’re safe.

    Dh is really not that hard to counter now. I’ve seen some of the videos people post in the forums about “DH IS SOOOO BROKEN!!!” and it’s them falling for the same old “I’m gonna run directly into the killer and DH” trick over and over.

    Counter in the open - simply wait it out.

    Counter at windows - let them dab into the window, or wait for the vaulting animation to start, hit.

    Counter at pallets - anticipate them to DH through the pallet if you know they have it. Stop swinging thinking you HAVE to. The amount of downs I get on letting them DH through a pallet then downing them before they can drop is absurd. It does not work if you know the timing.

    Something that’s virtually uncounterable is somebody who can properly 99 a sprint burst.

    Everytime I'm around, you are always the most reasonable person

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342628#Comment_3342628

    Nah I’m really not. 😂 I’ll just use bump logic exclusively and still stomp teams. It would literally change nothing but make my gameplay more simple and lethal. The fact you think that lets me know you’re part of the vast majority of players that have no clue how blight works or even the slightest clue how to go against him.

    Again.. I have no issues with DH. It’s the difference of being patient and waiting an extra second, or just baiting and using another rush. Ez.

    I've seen some Blights try to use the hug tech and a lot of them don't really know how to tech right. The few times I do get hit is mostly me refusing to drop a pallet

  • @AverageKateMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342632#Comment_3342632

    I've seen some Blights try to use the hug tech and a lot of them don't really know how to tech right. The few times I do get hit is mostly me refusing to drop a pallet

    That’s my point. The hug tech is more for fun.

    Yea a lot of survivors get hit because of greeding pallets.

  • At this point I say nerf Dead Hard as a survivor main. Actually disable it for a week and lets see what the new second chance excuse becomes. And also disable bloodlust while you're at it. No one gets a 'free' boost.

  • @LordSturm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342227#Comment_3342227

    Dead hard screws the killer for chasing survivors and... do you want them to counter that by not chasing survivors at all? If that's what people think, I guess the Dead Hard brain is a real disease.

    Couple of issues:

    • It would've been better if you highlighted the part where I defended DH. Oh, wait... I didn't.
    • Which leads me to the other problem, i.e. strawman and whataboutism aren't counterarguments either. Especially when you somehow you even managed to fail at them. One thing being broken doesn't excuse another being broken as well.

    I'll commend you for your effort, though.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342211#Comment_3342211

    “the best players get use out of it”

    I think it’s fair if the best players are able to use it well. By your logic, it’s like saying we need to need trapper because somebody plays them well.

    A 99’d SB will get you the same extension that a DH will.

    They already have been nerfing Trapper with the new map designs. So if they are cool with continuously nerfing the worst killer in the game, they can nerf the strongest perk in the game.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    DH is untouchable because the devs know they will lose a lot of survivor players (who supply most of the revenue) if they nerf it any further. The last “nerf” really was not a nerf at all, especially for decent players who can time it consistently (or the cheaters who use auto DH). It’s still a free second chance, no different than what it was before.

    David's free, and yeah.. no one is going to stop playing survivor if dh gets nerfed (just like I don't buy anyone is quitting killer with the eruption nerf)

  • New Dead Hard definitely needs a nerf. Personally, I think it needs a complete rework. A third health-stage on command is far too strong.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342628#Comment_3342628

    Nah I’m really not. 😂 I’ll just use bump logic exclusively and still stomp teams. It would literally change nothing but make my gameplay more simple and lethal. The fact you think that lets me know you’re part of the vast majority of players that have no clue how blight works or even the slightest clue how to go against him.

    Again.. I have no issues with DH. It’s the difference of being patient and waiting an extra second, or just baiting and using another rush. Ez.

    There is no need to be hostile.

    I've watched the very best blights and having hug tech or any of about 3 different techs available gives you options.. I know most people don't remember but once upon a time Billy had some interesting tech. Of course he had the saw sprint tech but he could also clip through a wall on suffocation pit and jump on top of the combines on corn maps.


    People are playing against you a certain way because they know Blight can use hug tech. There was a time where nobody ever touched a combine against billy. There was a time when the actual infinite loop on suffocation pit was nullified by billy clipping through a wall.

  • DS is still used in tournaments as a backup anti-tunnel perk. OTR literally can't be countered because it provides 80 seconds of guaranteed extra health state (and unlike DS can be used twice.) It's quite obvious that the survivor meta hasn't received nearly the same treatment as the killer perk meta over the years as evidenced by what happened to Ruin, Pop, Thana, and now Eruption.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342632#Comment_3342632

    There is no need to be hostile.

    I've watched the very best blights and having hug tech or any of about 3 different techs available gives you options.. I know most people don't remember but once upon a time Billy had some interesting tech. Of course he had the saw sprint tech but he could also clip through a wall on suffocation pit and jump on top of the combines on corn maps.

    People are playing against you a certain way because they know Blight can use hug tech. There was a time where nobody ever touched a combine against billy. There was a time when the actual infinite loop on suffocation pit was nullified by billy clipping through a wall.

    I was not hostile in any way.

    Blight does not need the hug tech to be successful. Survivors would make the exact same mistakes against me with or without hug tech, because they don’t know how to play against him.

    I don’t know what billy has to do with anything I said.

  • @Snowflake_Syndrome said:

    DH is fine imo. It's a million times better than it was with the outrageous superman dash.

    Proof that opinions can in fact be wrong.

  • There is nothing wrong with that he said.

  • @Wrecked said:

    Dead Hard was recently nerfed. I’m not sure what else they could do with the perk at this stage and I don’t find it anywhere near as powerful as it used to be. Can you still get use out of it? Well, yeah, but you can say that about every single perk in the game. It’s not as reliable as it once was.

    Even as a David main, I’ve never fully understood the love for Dead Hard. In terms of exhaustion perks, I’ve always found Lithe to be far superior.

    Delete it is a great option.

  • I see all these complaints about dead hard being too good. It has a 40s cooldown, It's easily countered if you use your brain, several killer addons counter it by immediately placing survivors in deep wound, Most meta killer perks require 0 thought or skill to use, atm all I see is either aura stacking or gen kick meta stacking + pain res.

    If you want to talk about a nerf why don't we talk about knights minions having no cooldown.

  • What agenda?😂 I’m very obviously a killer main.

    Only no-brain killers have issues with DH.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3343601#Comment_3343601

    What agenda?😂 I’m very obviously a killer main.

    Only no-brain killers have issues with DH.

    Yeah you are definitely not a killer main, bet you havent even clicked on the play as killer button yet.

  • There is no right or wrong hence why they are called opinions. I'm just enjoying the discussion, no need to be hostile.

  • @Warlord1981NL said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3343650#Comment_3343650

    Yeah you are definitely not a killer main, bet you havent even clicked on the play as killer button yet.

    Yea that’s probably accurate, especially with a name like mine.

  • @Snowflake_Syndrome said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3343589#Comment_3343589

    There is no right or wrong hence why they are called opinions. I'm just enjoying the discussion, no need to be hostile.

    I don't think you know what being hostile is. lol

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341959#Comment_3341959

    We’re not talking about eruption are we? You can absolutely wait out the dh. You can bait the DH. It’s really not hard.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3341973#Comment_3341973

    Sometimes I face slow survivors, sometimes I face the sweatiest of squads. It doesn’t change the way DH works and the human error / latency with its timing. This is just my experience. I do not have any problems with DH, and I usually see 2-4 in every game.

    You can't wait out deadhard unless the survivor is out positioned, otherwise survivors can use it to guarantee reaching another loop. Near pallets the killer has to rely on the survivors to mess up as there is no counterplay. It's either eat the dh or hope they aren't good enough to use it.

  • @InsidiousSmartfaceLF said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342636#Comment_3342636

    DS is still used in tournaments as a backup anti-tunnel perk. OTR literally can't be countered because it provides 80 seconds of guaranteed extra health state (and unlike DS can be used twice.) It's quite obvious that the survivor meta hasn't received nearly the same treatment as the killer perk meta over the years as evidenced by what happened to Ruin, Pop, Thana, and now Eruption.

    Let's not use tournaments as a source of information for DS. Hit the survivor off hook and OTR is gone. It's not hard to counter certain perks

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3342007#Comment_3342007

    You can't wait out deadhard unless the survivor is out positioned, otherwise survivors can use it to guarantee reaching another loop. Near pallets the killer has to rely on the survivors to mess up as there is no counterplay. It's either eat the dh or hope they aren't good enough to use it.

    I disagree. I win the timing at pallets all day long. Windows, ez, out in open, ez, pallets, most of the time ez.

  • While arguably the perk is stronger than before for telegraphed hits it can now be baited and gain absolutely nothing other than looking goofy for the animation,,i honestly don't think it should ever be touched again,,it went from braindead to actually need timing / some skill

  • @antag0nisticw0mble said:

    I see all these complaints about dead hard being too good. It has a 40s cooldown, It's easily countered if you use your brain, several killer addons counter it by immediately placing survivors in deep wound, Most meta killer perks require 0 thought or skill to use, atm all I see is either aura stacking or gen kick meta stacking + pain res.

    If you want to talk about a nerf why don't we talk about knights minions having no cooldown.

    and eruption had a 30 second cooldown lmao, so I guess eruption was fine too?

    there are literally 3 killer addons in the entire game that apply deep wound lmfao what

    and one of them is a trapper addon and requires the person to actually get trapped and escape lol, and another is a pig addon requiring you to specifically fail a skill check on one of the boxes while injured

    i'm sure the survivor meta perks require much more thought and skill to use and that you definitely aren't talking out of your ass lol

    also knight's minions... DO have a cooldown, lol. what more do you want? it is quite literally his entire power, if he doesn't have a guard up he's just an M1 killer, and even if they removed his cooldowns he would most likely be mediocre at best.

  • @Tostapane said:

    Op has a point: Eruption was changed for it's nature of "wait it out" and being obnoxious to have aganist, they should have changed dead hard too for those instances... Personally speaking i'm tired of seeing that cursed perk everywhere, i just want see it dead (pun intended) once and for all.


    This, literally.

    You remind me of a thread long ago (when DS still didn't even have the Conspicuous Actions and was one of the most used survivor perks) where there was some perk discussion and a dev said "We are nerfing Pop because of the long time it is active and it can be used" (just before the active time was reduced from 60 to 45 seconds), then someone asnwered to that dev comment by saying "...like Decisive Strike?". The devs remained silent. It took almost 2 years to nerf DS.

    What i meant is that funnily enough, this can be applied to this topic as well. You sure can wait until DH is used. You sure can wait until Eruption pops so you don't get the incap effect. But only one of them got gutted after being meta for 8-9 months (while the other one has been meta for like 6 years or something and still the best survivor perk in the game for the same time).

    No one likes to "wait without doing anything at all" to counter any perk. No one likes to wait until the survivor uses Dead Hard. No one likes to wait until eruption pops. That's not a healthy design in both cases.

    Eruption deserved a nerf. DH deserves a nerf too.

  • Edit: Some forum problem, first post didnt appear...

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DBD78 said:

    Will it be much better playing killer against four SB or Lithe instead? I can see four SB being very annoying also. But yes they need to nerf DH if they are serious saying they will shift meta from time to time.

    I recently lost Blood Lodge, where three survivors had Lithe, the survivors had 50 hours in the game, I thought it was low ranks, I took a meme build, to transfer the survivors, it turned out they were smurfs. So yes sometimes meet 3 Lithe I'm a witness

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    Devs please be brave (i promise survivors won't leave your game) and nerf dead hard as hard as Ruin, Thanatophobia, Pop, Tinkerer and Eruption. To the point that survivors no longer want to waste a perk slot using it, just like killers don't bother with the nerfed perks anymore. If it's still the most used perk in the game, it's still extremely good, it's as simple as that.

    (P.S i rarely play this game anymore, but looking at dead hard as the most used perk STILL, blows my mind. While every gen regression perk is getting destroyed)

    Dead Hard was given the killer meta treatment? That's why it's in its current form.

    The last killer meta treatment is also the reason we had Eruption in its current form.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3343851#Comment_3343851

    I disagree. I win the timing at pallets all day long. Windows, ez, out in open, ez, pallets, most of the time ez.

    Well glad you enjoy killing bad survivors, if your hitting them at pallets then they are failing more on their part then you are outplaying them.

1 2 3