Who started to camp more?
After the recent BBQ nerf.
Out of curiosity.
Out of curiosity.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Mhh what should it be...
That's a really bad deflection there and you know it so we'll break it down so it can't be fallacied again.
Fact: killers blocking the unhook prompt was an abuse of game mechanics and as such was fixed.
Fact: survivors body blocking the hook can be dealt with by hitting the the survivors thus putting them into the injured state and or downing them.
Fact: survivors couldn't injure the killer to make them move from blocking the unhook prompt and the killer could still swing at said survivors while doing this.
Fact: so one was bad and one still isn't because the killer has options whereas the survivors never did.
Yes because they were working on other things you know like balance issues, reducing pallets and safe vaulting spots, buffing killers, changing maps. But hey lets not do all that and instead focus on 1 killer that they want to get done right.
Oh here we go again with the oh it's not out yet nonsense, it's almost as if they're trying to do it right. But hey why not throw something out there that doesn't work properly just to appease the vocal minority. The nerf to healing took awhile but it's worked out fine.
The exhaustion enrf took awhile as well and went further than what killers were asking for but hey it's worked out fine as well.
That's funny because if you had to depend on Bloodlust that meant you were playing a killer wrong and in fact they removed BL 3 which if you got it that high you were just plain bad.
Most killers aren't on the forums complaining over this because they never depended on it to begin with. It's still a work in progress and it's vastly overblown.
The excuses and deflections just coming from the same vocal minority on both sides, it's like you have to have something to complain about and blame.
So lets say they remove DS from the game, then what will your excuse be next that you'll blame for all your troubles. Before it was SB and now that that got fixed go figure a new bogeyman popped up to take it's place. Then it was healing, well that got hit as well and then after that the vocal minority found a new bogeyman to blame.
Both sides vocal minority just seem to want to complain and nitpick with every change a personal insult and nerf to them and their preferred role. The devs could buff killers to the max and the minority would still complain and make excuses.
The devs could nerf killers into the ground and yet the vocal minority of survivors would still complain and make excuses.
Strange survivor logic.
They do not get tired of explaining how bad it is to camp for the killer.
But instead of just taking advantage of it, they try to educate killer how to play "better".
So the mouse is teaching the cat how to chase better?
Or does the mouse just want to take the cheese while the cat is looking around?^^
If you're referring to me I've been maining killer the last few months if you're referring to someone else the same could be said for killers.
As far as explaining about camping given all the killers that complain on this very forum about gen rushing while they camp even at 5 gens.
If the killer is camping with the gates powered most survivors and those that play both sides accept it as totally legit. The same is true for those teabagging idiots that think they're cool right up until the moment you down them.
You can't complain about gen rush and then turn around and do exactly what gets you gen rushed especially after telling survivors to gen rush said camper.
If survivors are too close to hook, camp.
If survivors are too far away from the hook, camp.
If you see 3 survivors working on other 3 generators and 70 seconds passed, think that they are going to finish the generators anyway, camp.
If the survivors have certain perks, camp.
If survivors are gen rushing and you lost 3 gens before your first down, camp.
If your ruin and 5 gens up but you managed to get one down, take advantage of it, kill him so that you can have a better match with 3 people for the rest of the trial, camp.
These are the excuses I have heard from the killers. Killers who don't camp still don't camp. This patch didn't change anything for campers or tunnelers, didn't create 'more camping' killers.
These kind of threads where killers say that they are going to camp more because x happened doesn't change anything. Truly pointless.
Agreed and it made me think of all the ones from the vocal minority of survivors that say they'll just teabag more after a change.
Yeah I agree.
Both killers and survivors think that they have the higher ground but at the end of the day, neither side is actually worse than the other because people are just the same. They have different tools to threaten, that's it.
On ps4 there is more camp, yes. Actually it's about 90% of the games.
But i'm not sure it's only about BBQ. I think it's because of Legion.
Many survivors player, especially kids, like the new killer Legion because of the edgyness. And what do you do when you're a non experienced killer ? You get roamed and you use camping and noed...
Facts.
Nothing has changed. You're not better than anyone else, @Tsulan. And you really need to work on constructing logical arguments instead of being so reliant on drama, playing the victim and being divisive.
I will update my guide accordingly.
Priceless, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that.
As I said in the first post. I'm curious to see if people camp more.
I expect this change to backfire. But maybe I'm wrong. I was wrong about survivors sabotaging. No one does this, despite it being incredibly powerful.
Straight up camping more? No, perhaps not. Or perhaps?
On the rare occasion I play Killer, if I hook someone I just start patrolling the generators again. If there's a generator nearby, obviously I'll patrol that one first. In most cases they will save the guy on the hook and I'll just circle back and get them (usually the same guy I just hooked).
Ew no.
I've had 1 match with someone saboing hooks or it was the new perk but generally saboing is only done during dailies. Well that and the the killer is most likely going to camp you and then afterwards apologize when they realize it was a sabo daily.
There is a difference whether you sabo a random hook on the other side of the map of a hook the killer is
trynig to hook his victim. AFter you denied me a hook this way, I will assume you will do so with every other hook and you can enjoy a nice slugging round
I can understand that but there's been times I've been saboing a hook and a tier I Myers brings someone around a corner and to the hook I'm saboing for my daily.
Sure, that might happen once every 2 billion games.
More often than that and i've had it happen when I'm killer as well playing Shape, M&A killers are also ones that have it happen But then I usually get rid of sabo dailies anyways.
Idk why they nerfed BBQ it was such a good perk for weaker killers. Are they seriously going to make the game as survivor tilted as it was in September 2017? I've been asking for buffs to survivor but I only meant SOLO survivor and not these game breaking mechanics where BBQ gets hard countered by one perk? ######### devs that sucks.
SWF is just so strong right now it's unreal.
If survivors are attempting to unhook someone it is. Otherwise its a waste of time.
Exactly my sentiment. No one needs an excuse to play the way they want.
Why should I care for them? They sure as hell don't care for me.
Killer always have an excuse.
Players on either role have excuses.
It explains, quite clearly, the type of player you are and really discredits any kind of point you try to make when it's clear you would rather just play easy mode at the expense of anyone else's ability to be able to enjoy the same game, regardless of balance.
as you've said, "why should they care for you, you sure as hell don't care for them".... the major difference here is that YOU are going out of your way to get into lower ranks and ruin their fun... while they are just trying to play the game.
I only want to chime in on this point... The idea of a ranking system like this is stupid for that very reason. You shouldn't seperate ranks and skills of players in the first place.
The reason some players plateau or get stuck floating at a certain rank is they don't challenge themselve against people who are better. Its basically fighting games 101, play better people and become better. And babysteppping into it as the ranks intend is a diservice to anyone who actually wants to get better.
I can make my comment more clear with what I'm saying. If killers camp because they are upset that BBQ was nerfed on aura readings, it's sad that they can't find another build to use.
If running around in circles is a legit strategy then yall have no room to criticize camping.
When the "way they want" is detrimental to everyone involved, even themselves, yes you need an excuse. Camping hurts both sides. Nobody wants 10k point games where you barely single pip.
I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you. 360=garbage strat abusing mechanics looping is using mind games and perks to escape.
...I literally said it's a legit strategy just like camping is. I don't even camp but I think it's funny survivors call it out like it's the worst thing you can do and then run in circles all game. Both are strategy. Running in circles works better but that doesn't mean a killer can't camp if they want to.
Camping is not a legit strategy. It's not bannable, but it's no longer supported. If it was, there wouldn't be an emblem penalty(albeit a practically nonexistent one) which implies the devs think it shouldn't be happening unless survivors are right there.
Lmao 360 = garbage? Learn to aim/counter it
I only camp when the exit gates are open.
And when there is that survivor flashlight clicking and teabagging.
You can camp if and when you want to.
"Oh, but it doesn't work at high ranks and you'll only get like 10k."
Except I had a topic where I posted a bunch of games (in a row) camping vs SWF throughout the red ranks wherein my score generally ended up being at least 20k consistently.
It's too bad it got shut down and all the images deleted
For example, I hooked a guy twice and when he was on his third hook I carried him to the basement and dropped him in front of the hook. If that's not a clear sign of "I don't want to kill" then I don't know what is. Wanna know what my reward was? "gg ez" from that exact player.
But please keep explaining to me how I am ruining the experience for them.