Who started to camp more?
After the recent BBQ nerf.
Out of curiosity.
Out of curiosity.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
if all camp , this game will be a wonderfull game... camping its glory
I never said I ruin the game for new players.
I never said that I depip to bully new players.
I only said that I don't want to wait 45 minutes on rank 1 to play. And that I don't care for the fun of the others, since they don't care for mine.
Please don't lecture me on gitting gud. Since I reached rank 1 almost every season. I even reached it as Freddy. So it's not a skill thing.
I'd rather play instant matches in a unranked mode. But there is no such thing. So I have to limit my capabilities to kill, so I can get matches faster and at least play with the limited time I have.
I'm not destroying noob players. I'm sitting on rank 12 after the rank reset. I try not to kill them, but hook as often as possible and then let them go. If that's a omegablink nurse for you...
Here use this, I made it after they removed the Lol button.
I never said that I depip to bully new players.
I only said that I don't want to wait 45 minutes on rank 1 to play. And that I don't care for the fun of the others, since they don't care for mine."
I understand that but by depiping for faster queue times, you're also going against less experienced survivors which in turn, ruins their experience. Yes, I know you have good intentions but you're doing damage to the players who just want a fair game.
"Please don't lecture me on gitting gud. Since I reached rank 1 almost every season. I even reached it as Freddy. So it's not a skill thing."
Your thread title states, "Who started to camp more?" And your OP says, "After the recent BBQ nerf. Just curious." Knowing this, if you are camping because of the BBQ nerf then you are definitely not rank 1 or at least, you're boosted. I don't mean this to be rude but camping over a BBQ nerf (something that helps with tracking survivors) shows you're severely lacking as a killer with tracking survivors. There are other perks such as Discordence, Bitter Murmur, Rancor, and etc can compensate for the lack of tracking that you're severely lacking.
"I'd rather play instant matches in a unranked mode. But there is no such thing. So I have to limit my capabilities to kill, so I can get matches faster and at least play with the limited time I have."
Play survivor? Usually if you're not getting matches as a killer, that means there are too many killer's in queue. Besides, I thought survivor was easy according to what you say so there should be no problem there.
"I'm not destroying noob players. I'm sitting on rank 12 after the rank reset. I try not to kill them, but hook as often as possible and then let them go. If that's a omegablink nurse for you..."
If this is your honest word then fine, have fun with handicapping yourself. Eventually you'll get bored with the inexperienced survivors and will want to actually have a balanced game where both sides have the same experience. Nevertheless, even with playing fair, you're still not giving the survivors a fair chance because you're just simply more experienced then them. You know the mind games and how to handle chases, they don't know much meaning you're gonna destroy them regardless how fair you play.
Overall, this excuse of BBQ nerf is the reason I camp is so immature. If you're gonna depip due to camping to compensate for the nerf as you'll get less prowess survivors then you're acting very frivolous about the situation.
The only types of players that camp (from the start) camping near end game I think is reasonable in most peoples eyes.
The whole BBQ excuse is ridiculous, what is it, 40 metres? That's pretty huge, anyone passing through a 40 metre radius and not showing up is honestly the pettiest excuse for camping honestly.
I run BBQ and it's mostly for the points because half the time I forget to even look around, especially as huntress because I'm searching lockers for more hatchets.
Get good people, more practice means you wont have to camp as much!
I started playing 2 years ago. When there were no tracking perks. So I have a pretty good idea on where to search survivors.
I repeat, I usually don't camp but I want to know who started to camp more.
I've camped exactly 2x in my entire DBD time one was a sabo Jake that kept doing it on the other side of the wall from me and kept evading really well. He'd sabo hooks in front of me as well but the only hooks he went after were the Summer BBQ hooks.
So that earned him a hard Huntress camp and I did give him a chance by standing 10 feet from the hook but I held my hatchet armed, a David would rescue him but I tunneled him right back onto the hook. He dc'd once I downed him the 3rd time which was funny since they'd been popping gens left and right.
Postgame once I explained what he'd been doing his fellow survivors all told him off and said he deserved it for saboing the event hooks only.
The other time was someone that kept sandbagging their team mates the entire match and I'd finally caught on after getting suspicious.
Everyone on the forums is Wetawded (myself included) get use to it.
It does confuse the typical casual killer though not seeing an aura reading.
You go guys
Haha, you're not entitled to that 4th kill. Work for it and get good.
"I'm camping"
Omg, it's ruining my game and I deserve to be saved.
In both scenarios, the only thing you're actually entitled to is spawning into the map at the start of the trial.
Does the hatch ruin the game as much as being camped?
I mean, i don't think you can compare them.
The answer is : Unsecure player that are too scared to face a self defined "loss".
Lel. Git gud.
Camping. Playstyle.
...
Lel
Does getting camped suck? Yes.
Will this prevent people from finding success in doing so? No.
Does wrecking a team and having someone jump in the hatch or try to force a standoff suck? Yes.
Will this prevent people from finding success in doing so? No.
You can think or feel whatever you want about these mechanics, but all signs point to them NEVER going anywhere, at least for the foreseeable future.
You can call it whatever you want, but it is so easy to find success with it, it's almost laughable.
Camping because of a Jeff? lmfao.
Yea dude, there isn't like 20 other hooks you could put him on or anything, better make sure he dies so that hook is gone forever instead of 3 minutes, the excuses you guys come out with are honestly ridiciulous.
If killer wants to get 4K just needs to slug.
- Camp situation: survivor dies (not a win)
Any decent killer can catch a good survivor (sooner or later), hook them and camp them. That survivor has little/zero chances of surviving.
No, they are not comparable.
That subject is a never ending cycle anyway. To each his own vision of having fun.
Of course survivors gonna try to save their team mate, cause that a party game. So you just rely on the obvious altruistic action that are gonna happen, except if you're facing a SWF that just gonna gen rush you.
Yes, camping is effective. But imo it's just a b-e-tch move
Cause you don't even try to get better. You're just forcing people to do mistake.
emblems. If they were running BT/SB/DH or DS, the benefit is even greater.
Same goes for looping.
I get camped nearly every round, but I don't complain, I know the huge imbalance btw. killers and survivors.
I can understand killers camping.
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this. If the devs decide to change the way the game works then I'm all for it. However, I'm not going to sit on a forum and complain about how other people play when I might do the same thing (a hypocrite) or the game allows them to do it.
Also, it's not as gamebreaking as people try to make it out to be.
So this counts for both sides.
There's a difference.
As a killer it's your job to check gens and don't let survivors do all of them so you can kill them all.
As a survivor your job is to finish the gens and escape, meaning that it's not their main priority to run towards the killer and get some Bold bps.
If survivors "genrush" it's because killer is giving them the chance to do it.
That's why you got perks like PGTW, it works so damn well on killers with less map pressure.
Stop abusing broken mechanics. On console it's not the same as PC where you can aim as well. You're trash if you need to resort to 360.
Weird since the devs disagree. -percent to chaser emblem says hi.
Oh excuse me, i'll run in a straight line from now on so you don't feel bad and can get an easy kill instead of working for it
Pop Goes The Weasel
This mechanic was most likely added as a weak attempt to placate people such as yourself, but to be very clear, it has zero bearing on 99% of games played, with the emblem generally receiving 5-9% degradation after a 4 man campout.
The emblem degradation percentage after each game was also shown in my previously mentioned topic, so anyone that saw the pics or have tried this out themselves can certainly vouch for the validity of these claims.
Without changing the core mechanics, this will probably be all the Devs do to discourage camping, and I think anyone that camps will certainly be fine with their .05/4 total progression penalty.
The Devs really put the grind to camping.
Got 'em
*finger guns*
Glad to see that we agree sometimes
So if someone 1000x stronger than you was chasing you in real life you'd run at them? A swing/stab should hit when you run into a killer's hitbox. It's abuse of mechanics. Learn to evade without using broken mechanics. One of the times I DO camp is when shitters want to 360. They deserve a ######### playstyle used on them as well.
Do i really need to tell u the difference between games and real life?
If you wanna be that realistic then tell me why survivors can't jump over traps.
U get rekt by 360s and instead of getting better at this game you rather complain about them and call them trash tactics.
Replace "360s" with "camping," and we can ride this irony train straight to Emerald Ranch!
Sure, you compared before camping with the hatch, now do the same with 360s. That makes so much sense (not killer biased at all)
I play often as a killer but i would like to get some opinions from reasonable killer mains like @PhantomMask20763 @George_Soros and @powerbats (who has been maining killer lately)
Sorry for tagging you guys btw.
Yes they are literally an abuse of broken mechanics. There is no "get better" on console without getting a mouse. So fine I'll keep camping them and tell them to get better. It's the only time I camp. Get better.
Also I guess since we're talking about video games and not real life, killers should get to fly no matter what killer you have. Oh wait a lot of the things in this game are based on plausible real life things like STABBING SOMEONE. Now if we were talking about the Nurse's ability you'd have a point. However, running and stabbing work very much like real life in this game. So your little stab back was worthless because you seem to not be able to see how the game functions.