Who started to camp more?
After the recent BBQ nerf.
Out of curiosity.
Out of curiosity.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Hence the only time I camp is when people 360. I expect killers to camp when someone uses it.
360's have no relation at all to camping and are easily countered once you get adapted to them. The trick is don't lunge which is a bad habit learned form when you 1st start playing. You still click M1 (pc) but you don't hold it you aim downward and to your left or right. Which way you aim downward of course depends on which way the survivor tries to 360 you.
If done right the survivor will always 360 themselves right into your swing guaranteeing you a hit 100% of the time. The other neat trick you can do is to use your movement keys as well so for instance ASD are great for this since you can change your momentum.
You use A to basically moonwalk your swing into them on the left, S to move yourself backwards some if you're super close and D if they go right. It's very rare that you'll ever get successfully 360'd except by the super ones and even then you'll still usually get them.
Oh sure you might miss a few here and there but on average you'll have a 90+% success rate and the really good ones are the best. Because they're so sure of their skills that they'll keep trying it instead of looping you.You'll invariably get called hacker, lag switcher etc, etc by some but a lot will respect you for outdoing them..
If you're camping because someone 360'd you then need to get better at countering it because you just showed your lack of skill. They're like the loopers that you chase for 5 gens and camp, oh sure you sacrificed them but the other 3 made it out.
Follow the advice and simply destroy them easily and you'll find that they either keep trying thus giving you easy downs or they stop doing it. If they stop doing it that generally throws them completely off balance and they tend to screw up a lot.
In both cases you get easy hits and downs and can apply map pressure better and it's even funnier if you've got NOED or someone tea bagging you and you down them.
In case anyone is having trouble understanding the irony:
The advice being given to @purebalance by @Vietfox regarding 360s can apply, verbatim, to any "heated" mechanic, including the one that they themselves are complaining about in this very topic.
Edit - @powerbats - You typed that reply super fast, haha. I'm a little impressed.
I don't condone either. You want to abuse mechanics, then so will I. There is no irony there. The irony would be if Vietfox was also complaining about camping which I didn't see. If it was complaining about camping, then yes irony in that git gud can apply from its mouth, but not when it got downed and camped.
You can 360/not 360, teabag/not teabag, camp/not camp to your heart's content.
Except it doesn't work in all cases and YOU should know that already. Hence I will camp them to my heart's content. But hey, complain about getting camped if I camp you in game for using broken mechanics.
Camping is fine.
@purebalance says 360s are trash tactics.
Wrong, i never complained about camping, i said it's not comparable to 360s
Eh, they're annoying but nothing that's hard to counter. Most of the time it's my fault because I wasn't paying much attention
Who cares?
@purebalance is more than entitled to their opinion, like every user on this forum.
If you start to confuse opinions and feelings with facts, that's where most issues arise.
- Killer hooks first survivor and immediately begins camping
- All of the 3 other survivors telepathically know the killer is camping and immediately get to work on 3 separate gens
- The hooked survivor is perfectly content to spend the full 2 minutes on the hook without attempting escape or suiciding
- The survivors have no desire to challenge the camping killer and attempt saves or make distractions
- The killer doesn't have Ruin (LOL) or if he does it was cleansed or the survivors consistently hit great skill checks
- In the first 80 seconds 3 gens pop. With only 2 gens left the survivors work together to complete them before or shortly after the hooked survivor dies
- The kind of killer that camps upon first hook and every hook thereafter isn't carrying NOED (LOL) and/or is unable to down another survivor
- The survivors are able to open one or both exit gates and all 3 escape
- The killer depips and all 3 escaping survivors who hardly or never interacted with the killer or got any altruism points are miraculously able to pip and not earn an abysmal amount of BP
CAMPING COUNTERED. (Not everyone is a 4 man SWF squad who is interested in a boring ass game like the one above)
Personally, when I play killer, I always run BBQ and Chili because of the BP bonus. I'm not running it for the aura, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore it when making gameplay decisions.
If I see 3 auras in the distance, I assume it's a bad idea to camp. If I don't see ANY auras, I assume it's a great idea to camp. Anything in between is a value proposition based on who I can see, how altruistic the survivors have been so far in that game, how badly I need to get a kill to try and slow the game down, ;how fast my particular killer can cross the map (I almost always leave the hook as Hillbilly or Nurse for example if i see ANY auras), etc.
If all 3 of the other survivors are hiding behind a gen or in a lock, well then it sucks to be me and it sucks to be the person on the hook. That is not the LIKELY reason I'm not seeing any auras, so I'm going to rely on the more likely assumption that someone is within 40m waiting for me to leave, so I should start looking for them. That occupies 2-3 survivors instead of giving a free unhook. I
Camping is not fun for the person on the hook, but BHVR needs to balance their game already. My personal philosophy on this issue, even when I'm the survivor being camped (which I play roughly 50/50 so I frequently am lol), is "Don't hate the player. Hate the game!" This is something they should have fixed a long time ago, instead of doing all these band-aid fixes that never really work.
Sooo, I really think this perk needs a buff.
Something like destroying a freshly repaired gen.
But only camping gets so much hate.
All gens done in minutes is the most overused excuse still that needs to go away, it happens rarely especially after the BNP nerf. If all gens are being done in 3 minutes constantly that's on the killer not the survivors or the game mechanics.
Perks and addons have no correlation to camping, just as they no have correlation to looping.except as excuses for why they're done.
Lol, just to confirm what i was saying.
I play as a killer quite often but still people seem to not believe me.
Tell me, do you really think 360s are a broken mechanic?
A buff? That perk is really strong already.
I've managed to get 4K without a single gen being done quite a few times.
Insert survivors doing anything and then the ones doing the camping are the ones complaining.
It's both sides not just one side doing something the other side doesn't like.
I find reloading before hooking beneficial.
I have not.
I hate camping survivors.
Build a wall around hooked survivors. The wall only works against killers. Better yet, make hooked guys disappear as soon as they're hanged and respawn "n" seconds later at an unknown location. Bam. Got rid of camping AND tunneling in one stroke. And give everyone BP.
Entity: "Aw, man, another Claudette in dark clothes?"
Once I let my girlfriend play her first game while I took a shower. She picked leatherface and we were around rank 12 right after rank reset. So when i get back the survivors had completed all the gens, and were running in circles around her repeatedly blinding and tea-bagging...LOL.
So I grabbed the controller and chainsawed one. Laid the p3 Claudette on the hook and stood literally in her face with my chainsaw revved. Hahaha. I guess they were friends tho because another went in for the stupid save. So I hooked the other and did the exact same thing.
I should of felt dirty, but it was a glorious win imo.
Controller on Killer. Ew. I did that when I first played over 2 years ago on PC and I wised up.
Your entitled to how you want to play but I would rather play on a dance pad than a controller for Killer.
Yeah, well I play on ps4...i get 360'd alot and sometimes wrecked if the survivor is good.
Oh well I'll live.
I have yet to see a survivor who jumps into a locker when I down someone and waits until I hook them, and to let the BBQ effect worn-out.
And often there is someone near, comming for the rescue.
Or I just play the hag and I don't care, because I put a trap down and start searching/trapping the area.
You must suck if someone 360's you on console lol.