Who started to camp more?
After the recent BBQ nerf.
Out of curiosity.
Out of curiosity.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near.
With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.
Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that.
Especially if someone other than Jeff is running Distortion.
After all, the devs gave us BBQ to reduce camping and to increase the number of killers.
I typically do not run BBQ so in all honesty, my camping has relatively stayed the same, all situational.
Now they took that away. Don't know what they expected by doing this.
But probably not less camps.
And what do you mean with our community? Do you think camping is toxic?
What did you expect?
And the funny thing is almost every killer here was saying they use it "ONLY FOR BP" lol
You come up with the silliest comments.
You didn't know you could already hide behind generators when a survivor is being hooked and the killer wouldn't see you?
Jokes on you.
Lets not pretend it's as powerful as not having an aura at all, though.
I only played one game so far and I camped because of the classic clickyclicky DS player.
I'm not going to pretend it's great, or fun, or anything.
I mean on one hand as a survivor, I'm either "aw, man. Why?" Or "lawl. Ok, I deserved that. Hope i distracted the killer enough. " or some such.
As a killer, I'm usually "damn, end game is here," or "fine, you want to be an annoying distraction? Well, here you are."
If you thought you hid, it's entirely possible the killer saw a better target.
Its sad, especially since I played a non-viable killer and 4ked without a single gen done. Guess the survivors will never change^^
So I give them what they asked for. Maybe I misunderstood...
Use aura reading to find a survivor you haven't hooked, go after them, hook, get more BP.
The aura reading helps the main event. The BP getting.
I usually have a reason for camping. So far the BBQ change hasn't really affected it. I do it when it's necessary and don't when it's not.
But have no fear! No matter how I play, even when I don't camp, I will get called a camper post game in about a third of the games I play
Then I see them again and suddenly I feel the urge...
As a killer, I'm camping if I need to and the BBQ nerf hasn't made me do it more or less. As a survivor, I'm getting camped just as much as before. No difference that I can tell.
Camping just because you didn't see BBQ proc is a ridiculous excuse. I run BBQ on all of my killers who have it and even if I don't see someone I move along. You do realize it's more points and potentially faster for you if the survivor gets insta saved right?
I still play the same, just not nearly as much after 2.4.0. The game's in a pretty bad state.
idk why you would. Camping typically hurts only 2 people: the survivor on the hook and you. Meanwhile you give the other 3 a boon.
If i see someone as i'm taking someone to the hook i will hard patrol otherwise i go looking for people.
A ) ignores the new game mechanics
B ) doesn't give a damn about bps
When i play as a killer i couldn't care less about survivors being close to the hook. The more time i spend looking for them the more time i'm giving them to finish the gens.
PS: true campers were camping even with the old bbq anyway.
It's about sending a message.
On lower ranks you don't have those problems and even get more points.
So why bother?
So when killers didn't see an aura before the changes they assumed that either someone was really close or behind a gen.
So now some are just using this as an excuse to camp when nothing's really changed since for all you know they could be behind a gen or really close still.
As a killer it hasn't affected me a bit, I still check nearby if I don't see anyone then go off on my normal patrol routine. If anything this just makes some of the reckless survivors even more so since they think they're safer and unsafe unhooks are more common.
Throw in M&A and go off on patrol and laugh when they unhook right after you've left the hook, go back and find the unhooker and take them to town.
I've watched people with the new perks play stupidly because they think they're safer and they rush in for an unhook and the killer has barely had time to leave.
Or maybe they are inside lockers or running distorsion, and you know it.
You wanna use it as an excuse to camp? Fine, but you know that not seeing auras with bbq doesn't necessarily mean they are close by anymore.
Face camping was removed with the introduction of swivel hooks. Survivors kept calling it face camping and the devs penalized staying close to the hook.
Survivors still complain about face camping. So what it's gonna be the next time? No hook progress when the killer is close? I've seen enough survivors asking for it. Yes it was tested and abused. But the devs will give in. They always do.
Yes lets keep up with the histrionics ehre that it's always the devs giving in and not making qol changes here. If it changes something for killers it's giving into survivors whining. If it changes something for survivors it's devs giving into survivors whining.
This is what I've been talking about making excuses both sides or conspiracy theories on both sides since everything is being done to screw their side over.
when killers could body block and prevent any type of unhook from happening it needed to be changed and you know it. Yet you blame survivors for whining about it instead of killers abusing a game mechanic. When Sabo squads could rob the killer of every hook on the map killers like you complained about it.
So the devs made a qol change on sabo but if we use your logic the devs CAVED into killers complaining and not making a qol change.
The hard camping around the hook needed to be changed to incentivize moving away from the hook, you got BBQ as such a thing and now your whining about being penalized. Well lets see you only get penalized on chaser emblem and only after a duration that to really hurt takes a while of camping.
For most killers it's not a big deal yet here you are blaming survivors for the few killers that camp because they're either jerks or they have no skill. Down someone at 5 gens and cmap them and then complain about gen rush.
So seriously just stop with the histrionics it makes you look foolish and you know for a FACT they won't stop hook progress just because someone's close. It's like you and the tiny minority on both sides have to constantly make excuses and drama and play the victim.
I don't see @Orion or @SovererignKing or quite a few of the others being drama queens on the killer side nor are they dropping conspiracy theories left and right or playing the victim. The games improved by leaps and and bounds but somehow it's magically still impossible for killers according to some on here.
You should want to play with people on your skill level. Essentially it should be easy until it gets hard enough that you don't rank up(they might need to expand the ranks a little though).
Not if 2-3 survivors are rushing the hook....or better, I go kick a gen and see two running toward the hook. I go chase them and get called a camper post game.
It's ok, though, because sometimes I facecamp at hook, go afk to pee come back and see two survivors flashlight clicking and tbagging me lol.
Some people just never learn: they had free reign of map while I derp around at hook. And yet...there they are, derping just as much as me.
Makes them no better.
Got it!
It took the devs 1 week to nerf Freddy. But it takes them over a year to buff him.
DS nerf was mentioned half a year ago and we still have no ETA.
Bloodlust was supposed to activate faster to compensate for the speed nerf. But they only nerfed the speed to make chases more fun.