The Ragequitting/DCing is Out of Control

This is ridiculous. I just had four games in a row with players DCing and giving up on hook. All players with paid RE cosmetics from today. In all four games the killer didn’t even camp or tunnel. These players just “gave up” because they were either found first or just downed. This really baffles me as to why you would spend $18 bucks on skins then not even play the game properly. It’s so frustrating that so many players are like this, ruining the game. How are you supposed to get better if you don’t even try?

‘At this point, I’m all for making disconnects having harsher penalties/longer timeouts. And maybe players who let themselves go on hook an egregious amount of times (especially consecutively) can get a different type of penalty. Idk, I’m just over it. I want to keep playing but this ######### is deflating. Even going into this update KNOWING there will be a lot of DC’ing, still couldn’t prepare me for this. This is just a blatant buzzkill- more than usual.

‘Anyone else tired of this b.s? To the point where you just turn the game off and play something else, and hope when you return most of the quitters will be off?


B938DC93-8DEA-4973-9630-8550C5F7B153.jpeg


Comments

  • @Audiophile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161952#Comment_3161952

    This is beautifully saying what has been said like 10000 times in these forums in 10000 different ways. But it would be a FNG miracle if BHVR were to actually respond and say ‘you know what… we hear you and we’re going to address this’.

    They don't care.

    I will say this honestly: if killers were this unhappy with the game, there would be a twitter post about it.

    Yes, I vividly remember the Circle of Healing nerfs.

  • @PBsamichShoe said:

    imo if people want to complain about players dcing then it's better to investigate why players dc and attempting to address their concerns rather than punish them for it more than they already do.

    Odds are if there's a lot of dcs happening its because people aren't having fun. If they're not having fun to begin with introducing more severe penalties to dcing will only make more players quit the game altogether.

    I don't encourage dcing but people will always do it to some degree, but if the frequency of it becomes abnormally high then it's probably a sign that something is out of balance with the game and causing people to have such a poor experience they'd rather throw the game than see it through.

    I disagree. Sure, if a huge percentage of the entire playerbase is disconnecting/afking then things definitely need to be looked at. But imo, if you're not having fun then just stop playing altogether. If you are going to play, then put in the effort and tough it out to the end rather than ######### over the rest of the players in the game. Those who ragequit absolutely should be punished for it, because their selfishness and lack of resilience affects everyone else. Another point to consider is that if there is the perception that you can ragequit and get away with it without any sort of noticeable punishment, then more people will likely do it ("why wouldn't I if I can get away with it?").

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3165555#Comment_3165555

    They don't care.

    I will say this honestly: if killers were this unhappy with the game, there would be a twitter post about it.

    Yes, I vividly remember the Circle of Healing nerfs.

    Nope. They don’t. And my theory is that they bake in the EZ games for killer as part of their ‘balancing’ that keeps killers happy instead of, you know, actually working on balanced gameplay. No. They really did cross the line this time. And evidently their data is so ######### they can’t use it to actually see it and figure it out. Lol. FNG *&^%show.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160379#Comment_3160379

    I think this is it, as much as people don't care about it and prefer to blame it on salt.

    Under the old Rank system sure, there were D/C's, but nowhere near what I'm seeing now (in my experience anyways) and I play Solo Q exclusively. It's been particularly exacerbated by Patch 6.1. Fact is, BHVR's matchmaking is absolutely awful for Solos. Almost every decent perk that made a huge difference for Solo Q players were entirely gutted to help Killer's deal with SWF's better. They deactivated end game perks for us that used to maybe allow us to get a clutch escape or clutch saves. Every change has discouraged altruism and team work in Solo Q meaning you can rely on your team mates even less than before, as more and more we're seeing selfish builds/playstyles. They made keys useless, nerfed the hatch- most Killers released have been high mobility, range or teleporting so if you're the last survivor, getting an Exit gate is basically impossible.

    Solo Q is so miserable at the moment it's depressing, and I think disconnects are a symptom of a player base fed up. They WANT to play, they love DBD, been playing for years maybe; but it's demoralizing to load into a match, hear a squeal of a Nurse and a down in 6 seconds, see the next team mate hook grabbed immediately- and know not only is the game lost, but you won't even get any decent blood point compensation. So there you are wasting your time in a hopeless situation for 10 mins. Enjoy your 5k BPs. You can buy yourself a brown tool box, generator instructions, or maybe a green broken key on a Blood web where half the items are obsolete.

    Majority of D/C's are when a survivor is being camped at 4-5 gens. It happens all the time and significantly increased after 6.1 . I'd say 80% of the disconnects I see happen when a hooked survivor is being camped, or else when that survivor is tunneled and downed immediately after they're unhooked. People are sick of it. I was being face camped by a Pinhead once, a survivor came to unhooked me, saw me being camped (at 4 gens) and he just d/c'ed right then and there. He was just out of there.

    I've experience banks of matches where the Killer 4k's like, 10 matches in a row too. But according to BHVR, my MMR should be so low after that it will adjust accordingly, right? But it doesn't seem to and I just get paired with 2 survivors new to the game, a survivor who is competent and a Killer that has 3k hours. That's not a balanced, working MMR. Especially in a game where one inexperienced team mate can tank the game for the rest of us.

    So I think the general attitude of Solo Q players is one of exasperation, hopelessness, and resignation. When you log in, you mentally prepare yourself for absolute BS. If you actually have a normal match where the Killer isn't overpowered (meaning mis-matched and much more experienced than the survivor team), and isn't camping/tunneling, and if all your team mates are competent, it's a pleasant surprise rather than the norm. If you actually escape? Like... shocking.

    BHVR should be looking at the disconnect trend, and how it's increasing. They also have to look at WHY and do something productive. Just punishing Solos for it won't be effective. It will just be a bandaid fix and survivors will merely hook suicide.

    It's really this, soloQ just sucks, and everyone knows it sucks, and yet we just keep pretending like that should be okay and completely fine. The problem is that every match feels like there are so many factors to how the match will go and how fun it will be that it's just impossible to create a scenario where its fun for both killer and survivors in a soloQ setting. I don't get to joke around with people, or just chat, or get instruction in game and it basically means that the game is basically a 1v1 where there are a lot of times there is nothing chasing you or you have to grab someone so you dont die, teammates feel less like a team and more like an objective and it sucks.

    I want to joke around and have fun, but when it depends on everyone else that I get to have fun then I doubt they will choose my fun over theirs which is why people DC in the first place!

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163875#Comment_3163875

    Not with SWFs but with DCing and Rage Quiting is partly to do with the mindset of it's a 1v1 game when it's actually a 4v1 game. When those players with that mindset get beat easily or downed too quickly or if it doesn't go thier way they Rage and DC or suicide. But those who remember this is a team based game and 4v1 will help out their team and won't DC or suicide because all that does is hurt the team

    Exactly.

    @rvzrvzrvz said:

    I think there is too much incapacited gameplay on hook or slugged on ground and it gives very low bloodpoints, it's way too late to fix it now because half of the perks are related to hooks but imagine if we just respawned somewhere random on the map, it would solve camping at the same time because no hooks to camp

    Bro, this is exactly why I believe BHVR needs to start making a sequel (I know they went on record saying they are not interested). This game’s mechanics are antiquated.

    @solidhex said:

    Dbd is a very "toxic" game by it's nature and mechanics. It's something i would only recommend if you're in a stable mental condition. If you play too much of it, you easily get frustrated as there are many situations that feel punishing and unfair (for both sides!) and you just have to go through them until the game finally ends. People don't know when to stop and then they keep on playing and fall into a black hole.

    Those people you encountered have probably played way too much Dbd recently.

    Well said. 👏 I agree. When I get too many ragequitters consecutively like I did the other day, I just play something and return later. Too many times I tried switching to killer, just to end up having MM screw me over with a 4 man SWF, waaaayyyy higher skilled than I am. That just makes me even more deflated & question why I keep supporting this game financially.


    @Volcz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159807#Comment_3159807

    1. What teammates are doing or not doing
    2. Which killer it is (stupidest reason IMO)
    3. What type of playstyle does the killer use; ie camping, tunneling, slugging for 4k, etc
    4. What perks/build the killer is running (I've seen people d/c or quit just because of a killer running full gen slowdown build along w/ Thana)
    5. They have an emergency/have to go and realize they can't play the game out in time.

    Pretty sure those are it.

    I agree with this list and don’t have a problem with number 5. Life happens, we get it. The DC’ing that I am referring to always has to do with killer engagement. Those players don’t conveniently remember they have to go whenever the killer is on them- they’re just frustrated. I get the frustration, but not the lack of consideration of others. Just deal with it and let’s all try to get better & do ur best no matter how bad it looks.

  • @Pyrosorc said:

    Honestly might just join them. Wesker is so hilariously overtuned, he feels like a nurse with upside. Just gonna not play for a week until hopefully the craze dies down and it's only the sweats playing him, then I can just insta-conceed every Wesker.

    @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159812#Comment_3159812

    Couldn't have said it better myself lol, can't believe they'd release another S Tier killer with the state of solo queue and survivor in general at the minute after all the buffs they got. Might as well make the Bloodpoints bonus for survivor permanently +100% then again it already will be ;-;

    April 1st was like 4 months ago, wesker is nowhere near S tier material, barely mid A tier, clunky hitboxes, his power works best on open spaces if you manage to hit somebody or hit something while charging and in loops is pure trash and lets not talk about the so hyped pallet/window jump wich is almost useless in every scenerio except running vault jumping perks

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/343706/the-ragequitting-dcing-is-out-of-control

    Increasing the penalty is not a solution, the problem is that the game is boring to play solo, The devs need to give more value to those who play alone, why don't they put native voice chat or intuitive, kindred hud as base kit? penalizing more will only drive people away from the game, but it won't solve the problem

    A game should have fun and not become a virtual penalty

    If you think native voicechat would solve the issue, you are incredibly naive. Given how toxic survivors in general can be, all I'd expect that to do is result in people turning it off rather than be bombarded by expletives and general nastiness. And in case I'm not being clear about it, I'm talking from the point of view of playing as a fellow survivor. I once had two survivors (pretty sure they were playing together) body block me into a corner and teabag during endgame collapse because I beat one of them to a totem to be cleansed. They only let me go once they had timed it so that I died from the collapse immediately before hitting the exit. I've never experienced this sort of toxicity from killers, only survivors.

  • @Audiophile said:

    I only read a few posts here explaining the quitting but they were pretty spot on. It won’t stop until they fix all the things that make solo q a terrible experience. The only reason I still play is because I’ve resigned myself to losing all the time as the price of playing. I still get to enjoy some good plays, try stuff out, and get a tiny bit better every game and have the occasional decent game. But honestly it’s just a totally unfair miserable experience in solo q. It’s surprising they still have a game. And when players on my team quit, I get it. I don’t lose my ######### like some here on the forums do. Maybe because I know the game is likely going to be a bad loss anyway so whatever… next game. I don’t bring my best items when I solo so I don’t lose anything to get mad about.

    "I’ve resigned myself to losing all the time as the price of playing"

    This is my attitude 100% lol I have zero expectation of escaping when I play. I think it's the only thing that keeps me playing tbh. My only goal is to pull my weight (get a pip) and get good bp. I don't bring good items or addons because I'm just going to lose them. I've started using Resurgence to actually get the most out of my brown medkits.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3164489#Comment_3164489

    I'd go ahead and agree that he's a little overtuned; However, that doesn't mean, he shall be nerfed.

    There're literally no other killers, who do apply debuffs from their base powers even without add-ons to survivors, are there? Although Nemesis applies virus infection aswell, it does nothing.. If we'd get to be honest, his infection shall also hinder survivors.

    Besides hindering survivors, there's also the fast vault once per X seconds. No other killer has this ability, and I'm not taking in mind the Legion, who may have the ability, but he or she has to switch back to M1 and face quite a long delay after fast vaulting, so it's really not as reliable as Wesker's vaulting power.

    Don't get me wrong, though.. I don't want Wesker to get nerfed. He's actually pretty well balanced. Some of his add-ons are a little bit problematic, but it's nothing as extreme as Blight's Alchemist's Ring, for example..

    Sooooo true! Legion and Deathslinger literally don't apply Deep Wound, Plague literally doesn't apply Broken, Freddie and Clown literally don't apply Hindered...

    The list literally doesn't go on!

    Yes, indeed, Wesker absolutely needs nerfing because he's the only killer that can apply a debuff without addons or perks.


    (sorry about the sarcastic reply, but I literally couldn't help myself :P)

  • @Pikachaouuu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159812#Comment_3159812

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160392#Comment_3160392

    April 1st was like 4 months ago, wesker is nowhere near S tier material, barely mid A tier, clunky hitboxes, his power works best on open spaces if you manage to hit somebody or hit something while charging and in loops is pure trash and lets not talk about the so hyped pallet/window jump wich is almost useless in every scenerio except running vault jumping perks

    Dont worry, they will buff him. Only killers are allowed to have fun

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    Right lets increase the DC penalty to 24h base and see how many people stop coming back to the game. If you know you will lose why stick around to be miserable?

    I personally would not miss those players who left because their DC penalty was too high. There’s no reason for you to be ragequitting that often. Don’t play or take a break if the game is that miserable. Quitters just make the game more miserable for players who are resilient. That’s not fair.

  • Most dcs/suicides I see are against things that aren’t fun to go against. Tunnelers, campers, four slowdown legion, etc. Same with op builds like starstruck nurse. Like can you really blame people for that? The rage quit on the first down is real but not as frequent as people say in my experience.

  • Solo Q is full of noobs.

    I just refuse to play with people doing everything but generators.

    I also refuse to play VS killer running after me on the whole map instead of quitting the chase to go after somebody else.

    And VS killers doing stupid moves but getting me.

    So yes, 8/10 of my games are suicides.

  • @KerJuice said:

    This is ridiculous. I just had four games in a row with players DCing and giving up on hook. All players with paid RE cosmetics from today. In all four games the killer didn’t even camp or tunnel. These players just “gave up” because they were either found first or just downed. This really baffles me as to why you would spend $18 bucks on skins then not even play the game properly. It’s so frustrating that so many players are like this, ruining the game. How are you supposed to get better if you don’t even try?

    ‘At this point, I’m all for making disconnects having harsher penalties/longer timeouts. And maybe players who let themselves go on hook an egregious amount of times (especially consecutively) can get a different type of penalty. Idk, I’m just over it. I want to keep playing but this ######### is deflating. Even going into this update KNOWING there will be a lot of DC’ing, still couldn’t prepare me for this. This is just a blatant buzzkill- more than usual.

    ‘Anyone else tired of this b.s? To the point where you just turn the game off and play something else, and hope when you return most of the quitters will be off?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/87H0QOJEXB4L/b938dc93-8dea-4973-9630-8550c5f7b153.jpeg

    Nice try OP, you almost got me to actually launch DBD with this post to join them. Not this patch.

  • @Sumnox said:

    The question is also, why do so many people ragequit/DC/Give up?

    for the same reason people loot stores, or shoplift if the punishment isn't high enough.

  • Crazy how I posted that 3 days ago, isn't it?

1 2 3 ›