The Ragequitting/DCing is Out of Control

This is ridiculous. I just had four games in a row with players DCing and giving up on hook. All players with paid RE cosmetics from today. In all four games the killer didn’t even camp or tunnel. These players just “gave up” because they were either found first or just downed. This really baffles me as to why you would spend $18 bucks on skins then not even play the game properly. It’s so frustrating that so many players are like this, ruining the game. How are you supposed to get better if you don’t even try?

‘At this point, I’m all for making disconnects having harsher penalties/longer timeouts. And maybe players who let themselves go on hook an egregious amount of times (especially consecutively) can get a different type of penalty. Idk, I’m just over it. I want to keep playing but this ######### is deflating. Even going into this update KNOWING there will be a lot of DC’ing, still couldn’t prepare me for this. This is just a blatant buzzkill- more than usual.

‘Anyone else tired of this b.s? To the point where you just turn the game off and play something else, and hope when you return most of the quitters will be off?


B938DC93-8DEA-4973-9630-8550C5F7B153.jpeg


Comments

  • I extra don't understand people who do this on the day the new chapter comes out. Like... you know what you're loading into. Everyone will play with the new characters and perks and new things will be broken. That's just how it's going to be that day. What did they expect?

  • It’s hilarious that ragequitters try to act like they have the defensible position.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159955#Comment_3159955

    I had 5 games last night where the killer dc'd with 1 gen left.

    If it was Wesker.

    I had that with us all on death hook.

    Obviously some are trying the - you only got 7 minutes - challenge to 4k :-)

  • Hm ... I had the last 3 days a escape rate of 0 % in solo queue .... same goes for my teammates ... killer 4k´d every match .... no, at some point I can´t blame anyone anymore.

  • Tough game to balance because it tends to snowball into a big victory for either side.

  • Ok whats interesting to me is whatever happened to these matchmaking rules where if you are not advanced player like myself that you will be matched with other players the same level but nope im still in matches with hardcore killers and im just playing cause i was on hiatus for 8 months and no changes to the games as far as the developers making the game fair for all types of gameplay 🤷‍♀️🤔

  • They do at times, sorry not sticking around for some BS game with stupid teammates who self care in a corner the whole game.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161221#Comment_3161221

    So the players who are being good sports and have consideration for others are the ones who need therapy, and not the players who quit every time something doesn’t go their way or when faced with adversary?? 🤔 Riiiiiiigggghhhhtttt….

    I don’t get the condescending smart Alec response- we are all being civil here. If you can’t get your point across without being insulting, then move on. Not in the mood for the negativity this early in the morning.

    Your definition of "good sport" and most others drastically differs. It's like sticking out getting hit in the head with a hammer for 10min so you'll feel like a better person after, instead of just leaving immediately. I've never been that masochistic. No kink shame, though.

    The condescension is from another day, another whine about hook suicide/DC. Nothing new is ever offered or gained from it. It's just a woe-is-me post and demand that BHVR make punishments more severe or ban them all. Over and over, when the OG could've just done a search on the forums and found enough reading to last a good while. It's a waste of visual real estate.

    Until the demand for a better solo queue environment is made loud enough to BHVR to actually take significant and meaningful steps to improve it, there will be no end to DCs/hook suicides. Ever. Fight the problem. Bitching about the symptom does nothing.


    @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160379#Comment_3160379

    I think this is it, as much as people don't care about it and prefer to blame it on salt.

    Under the old Rank system sure, there were D/C's, but nowhere near what I'm seeing now (in my experience anyways) and I play Solo Q exclusively. It's been particularly exacerbated by Patch 6.1. Fact is, BHVR's matchmaking is absolutely awful for Solos. Almost every decent perk that made a huge difference for Solo Q players were entirely gutted to help Killer's deal with SWF's better. They deactivated end game perks for us that used to maybe allow us to get a clutch escape or clutch saves. Every change has discouraged altruism and team work in Solo Q meaning you can rely on your team mates even less than before, as more and more we're seeing selfish builds/playstyles. They made keys useless, nerfed the hatch- most Killers released have been high mobility, range or teleporting so if you're the last survivor, getting an Exit gate is basically impossible.

    Solo Q is so miserable at the moment it's depressing, and I think disconnects are a symptom of a player base fed up. They WANT to play, they love DBD, been playing for years maybe; but it's demoralizing to load into a match, hear a squeal of a Nurse and a down in 6 seconds, see the next team mate hook grabbed immediately- and know not only is the game lost, but you won't even get any decent blood point compensation. So there you are wasting your time in a hopeless situation for 10 mins. Enjoy your 5k BPs. You can buy yourself a brown tool box, generator instructions, or maybe a green broken key on a Blood web where half the items are obsolete.

    Majority of D/C's are when a survivor is being camped at 4-5 gens. It happens all the time and significantly increased after 6.1 . I'd say 80% of the disconnects I see happen when a hooked survivor is being camped, or else when that survivor is tunneled and downed immediately after they're unhooked. People are sick of it. I was being face camped by a Pinhead once, a survivor came to unhooked me, saw me being camped (at 4 gens) and he just d/c'ed right then and there. He was just out of there.

    I've experience banks of matches where the Killer 4k's like, 10 matches in a row too. But according to BHVR, my MMR should be so low after that it will adjust accordingly, right? But it doesn't seem to and I just get paired with 2 survivors new to the game, a survivor who is competent and a Killer that has 3k hours. That's not a balanced, working MMR. Especially in a game where one inexperienced team mate can tank the game for the rest of us.

    So I think the general attitude of Solo Q players is one of exasperation, hopelessness, and resignation. When you log in, you mentally prepare yourself for absolute BS. If you actually have a normal match where the Killer isn't overpowered (meaning mis-matched and much more experienced than the survivor team), and isn't camping/tunneling, and if all your team mates are competent, it's a pleasant surprise rather than the norm. If you actually escape? Like... shocking.

    BHVR should be looking at the disconnect trend, and how it's increasing. They also have to look at WHY and do something productive. Just punishing Solos for it won't be effective. It will just be a bandaid fix and survivors will merely hook suicide.

    Dear god this! The succinctness of it is worthy of having it pinned at the top of the forum! I'm saving this for copy/paste in every future hook suicide/DC whine post.


    @DBD78 said:

    Bot system in the future could get a non loser bot survivor or killer to replace the loser who left.

    The bots are only usable in custom games, unfortunately. Live public trials aren't changing, which is truly awful. I'd play 100% bot games all day every day if it were even worth reduced BPs/shards/exp.


    @SuzuKR said:

    It’s hilarious that ragequitters try to act like they have the defensible position.

    It's hilarious whiners act like they have something worth saying. Post a pic of your food on Pinterest or unbox something.

  • I misread the above post incorrectly and now I can't delete this lol (if a Mod would be so kind)

  • @Sumnox said:

    The question is also, why do so many people ragequit/DC/Give up?

    It seems like BHVR and killer mains have no idea why.

    When the game is so unbalanced, everything survivors had is nerfed into the bin, 6 more trash-tier survivor meme perks. There's just nothing inspiring about survivor role.

  • I leave a match if the person that plays killer is being hardcore on non-advanced players like myself not giving players any fairness for a gamer like myself that does not enjoy being tossed around and played like a fool in matches with them being too brutal in matches. I thought they made changes to the gameplay of being fair to players whom are not 100% though we are still getting our ass beatdown and not even a single chance at getting a gen.

  • Perhaps,just perhaps and hear me out on this one:

    the game's just been really, really unfun for the past few months and the new content that dropped is unbalanced,buggy and looks ugly?

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159812#Comment_3159812

    Couldn't have said it better myself lol, can't believe they'd release another S Tier killer with the state of solo queue and survivor in general at the minute after all the buffs they got. Might as well make the Bloodpoints bonus for survivor permanently +100% then again it already will be ;-;

    Wesker is low C-tier at best right now. If you're losing to him consistently either you are bad at the game or your teammates are.

  • @KerJuice said:

    This is ridiculous. I just had four games in a row with players DCing and giving up on hook. All players with paid RE cosmetics from today. In all four games the killer didn’t even camp or tunnel. These players just “gave up” because they were either found first or just downed. This really baffles me as to why you would spend $18 bucks on skins then not even play the game properly. It’s so frustrating that so many players are like this, ruining the game. How are you supposed to get better if you don’t even try?

    ‘At this point, I’m all for making disconnects having harsher penalties/longer timeouts. And maybe players who let themselves go on hook an egregious amount of times (especially consecutively) can get a different type of penalty. Idk, I’m just over it. I want to keep playing but this ######### is deflating. Even going into this update KNOWING there will be a lot of DC’ing, still couldn’t prepare me for this. This is just a blatant buzzkill- more than usual.

    ‘Anyone else tired of this b.s? To the point where you just turn the game off and play something else, and hope when you return most of the quitters will be off?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/87H0QOJEXB4L/b938dc93-8dea-4973-9630-8550c5f7b153.jpeg

    Increasing the penalty is not a solution, the problem is that the game is boring to play solo, The devs need to give more value to those who play alone, why don't they put native voice chat or intuitive, kindred hud as base kit? penalizing more will only drive people away from the game, but it won't solve the problem

    A game should have fun and not become a virtual penalty

  • I only read a few posts here explaining the quitting but they were pretty spot on. It won’t stop until they fix all the things that make solo q a terrible experience. The only reason I still play is because I’ve resigned myself to losing all the time as the price of playing. I still get to enjoy some good plays, try stuff out, and get a tiny bit better every game and have the occasional decent game. But honestly it’s just a totally unfair miserable experience in solo q. It’s surprising they still have a game. And when players on my team quit, I get it. I don’t lose my ######### like some here on the forums do. Maybe because I know the game is likely going to be a bad loss anyway so whatever… next game. I don’t bring my best items when I solo so I don’t lose anything to get mad about.

  • MMMMM DC's empower this game though

  • Right lets increase the DC penalty to 24h base and see how many people stop coming back to the game. If you know you will lose why stick around to be miserable?

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160379#Comment_3160379

    I think this is it, as much as people don't care about it and prefer to blame it on salt.

    Under the old Rank system sure, there were D/C's, but nowhere near what I'm seeing now (in my experience anyways) and I play Solo Q exclusively. It's been particularly exacerbated by Patch 6.1. Fact is, BHVR's matchmaking is absolutely awful for Solos. Almost every decent perk that made a huge difference for Solo Q players were entirely gutted to help Killer's deal with SWF's better. They deactivated end game perks for us that used to maybe allow us to get a clutch escape or clutch saves. Every change has discouraged altruism and team work in Solo Q meaning you can rely on your team mates even less than before, as more and more we're seeing selfish builds/playstyles. They made keys useless, nerfed the hatch- most Killers released have been high mobility, range or teleporting so if you're the last survivor, getting an Exit gate is basically impossible.

    Solo Q is so miserable at the moment it's depressing, and I think disconnects are a symptom of a player base fed up. They WANT to play, they love DBD, been playing for years maybe; but it's demoralizing to load into a match, hear a squeal of a Nurse and a down in 6 seconds, see the next team mate hook grabbed immediately- and know not only is the game lost, but you won't even get any decent blood point compensation. So there you are wasting your time in a hopeless situation for 10 mins. Enjoy your 5k BPs. You can buy yourself a brown tool box, generator instructions, or maybe a green broken key on a Blood web where half the items are obsolete.

    Majority of D/C's are when a survivor is being camped at 4-5 gens. It happens all the time and significantly increased after 6.1 . I'd say 80% of the disconnects I see happen when a hooked survivor is being camped, or else when that survivor is tunneled and downed immediately after they're unhooked. People are sick of it. I was being face camped by a Pinhead once, a survivor came to unhooked me, saw me being camped (at 4 gens) and he just d/c'ed right then and there. He was just out of there.

    I've experience banks of matches where the Killer 4k's like, 10 matches in a row too. But according to BHVR, my MMR should be so low after that it will adjust accordingly, right? But it doesn't seem to and I just get paired with 2 survivors new to the game, a survivor who is competent and a Killer that has 3k hours. That's not a balanced, working MMR. Especially in a game where one inexperienced team mate can tank the game for the rest of us.

    So I think the general attitude of Solo Q players is one of exasperation, hopelessness, and resignation. When you log in, you mentally prepare yourself for absolute BS. If you actually have a normal match where the Killer isn't overpowered (meaning mis-matched and much more experienced than the survivor team), and isn't camping/tunneling, and if all your team mates are competent, it's a pleasant surprise rather than the norm. If you actually escape? Like... shocking.

    BHVR should be looking at the disconnect trend, and how it's increasing. They also have to look at WHY and do something productive. Just punishing Solos for it won't be effective. It will just be a bandaid fix and survivors will merely hook suicide.

    I have to hard disagree on this. Majority of the DCs in my games when im playing killer or survivor are because they are caught first and they cannot handle it. Yesterday a Laurie dced just before the game was over just because she couldnt handle the fact they lost in garden of joy ( one of the most broken maps in this game) and insulted me in the end game. I don't tunnel or camp by the way so there was no excuse other than she just didnt like to lose.

    Survivors DC because they cannot handle losing or dont want to go against some killers so they feel entitled to screw over the team and just quit or give up.

    The perks that got nerfed needed to be nerfed. They were broken. Endgame Clutch perks shouldnt exists its an endgame. Gloves off lets fight lets not get free escapes from broken perks. This patch gave survivors really good basekit BT, perk to fight camping and lets be honest broken hyperfocus if you add another perk to compliment it.

    Matchmaking in soloQ.. sure i get some hiders in my lobby too and im not sure if they are tutorial neas and dwights, but matchmaking sucks for killers too. Yesterday i played wesker first time and i got a deathsquad against me.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159807#Comment_3159807

    It seems like BHVR and killer mains have no idea why.

    When the game is so unbalanced, everything survivors had is nerfed into the bin, 6 more trash-tier survivor meme perks. There's just nothing inspiring about survivor role.

    The game still heavily favors survivors with comms at slightly above average levels of play.


    The fact is comms were never considered during this games balancing until 6.1.


    The fact is SWF is the equivalent of at least 4 broken information aura perks for free.

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163129#Comment_3163129

    The game still heavily favors survivors with comms at slightly above average levels of play.

    The fact is comms were never considered during this games balancing until 6.1.

    The fact is SWF is the equivalent of at least 4 broken information aura perks for free.

    Not true. Devs intended for SWF way before the game ever released but it wasn't ready in time.

    Since then, survivors have continuously been nerfed to hell and killers buffed to the moon. Survivor is totally unplayable now. A SWF might have a tiny, tiny chance to win if the killer plays poorly but that's about it.

  • @Sumnox said:

    The question is also, why do so many people ragequit/DC/Give up?

    I mean at this point it rather points out to issues with the game itself rather than community.

    And honestly this is probably the only game I've ever played that has this many DC's/leavers on a daily basis.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160379#Comment_3160379

    I think this is it, as much as people don't care about it and prefer to blame it on salt.

    Under the old Rank system sure, there were D/C's, but nowhere near what I'm seeing now (in my experience anyways) and I play Solo Q exclusively. It's been particularly exacerbated by Patch 6.1. Fact is, BHVR's matchmaking is absolutely awful for Solos. Almost every decent perk that made a huge difference for Solo Q players were entirely gutted to help Killer's deal with SWF's better. They deactivated end game perks for us that used to maybe allow us to get a clutch escape or clutch saves. Every change has discouraged altruism and team work in Solo Q meaning you can rely on your team mates even less than before, as more and more we're seeing selfish builds/playstyles. They made keys useless, nerfed the hatch- most Killers released have been high mobility, range or teleporting so if you're the last survivor, getting an Exit gate is basically impossible.

    Solo Q is so miserable at the moment it's depressing, and I think disconnects are a symptom of a player base fed up. They WANT to play, they love DBD, been playing for years maybe; but it's demoralizing to load into a match, hear a squeal of a Nurse and a down in 6 seconds, see the next team mate hook grabbed immediately- and know not only is the game lost, but you won't even get any decent blood point compensation. So there you are wasting your time in a hopeless situation for 10 mins. Enjoy your 5k BPs. You can buy yourself a brown tool box, generator instructions, or maybe a green broken key on a Blood web where half the items are obsolete.

    Majority of D/C's are when a survivor is being camped at 4-5 gens. It happens all the time and significantly increased after 6.1 . I'd say 80% of the disconnects I see happen when a hooked survivor is being camped, or else when that survivor is tunneled and downed immediately after they're unhooked. People are sick of it. I was being face camped by a Pinhead once, a survivor came to unhooked me, saw me being camped (at 4 gens) and he just d/c'ed right then and there. He was just out of there.

    I've experience banks of matches where the Killer 4k's like, 10 matches in a row too. But according to BHVR, my MMR should be so low after that it will adjust accordingly, right? But it doesn't seem to and I just get paired with 2 survivors new to the game, a survivor who is competent and a Killer that has 3k hours. That's not a balanced, working MMR. Especially in a game where one inexperienced team mate can tank the game for the rest of us.

    So I think the general attitude of Solo Q players is one of exasperation, hopelessness, and resignation. When you log in, you mentally prepare yourself for absolute BS. If you actually have a normal match where the Killer isn't overpowered (meaning mis-matched and much more experienced than the survivor team), and isn't camping/tunneling, and if all your team mates are competent, it's a pleasant surprise rather than the norm. If you actually escape? Like... shocking.

    BHVR should be looking at the disconnect trend, and how it's increasing. They also have to look at WHY and do something productive. Just punishing Solos for it won't be effective. It will just be a bandaid fix and survivors will merely hook suicide.

    This is THE best post I've seen addressing the state of Solo que survivor atm.

    You should really start a new thread with this, it's a damn shame this is buried half-way down page two of this one.

  • @HarlockTaliesin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161588#Comment_3161588

    Your definition of "good sport" and most others drastically differs. It's like sticking out getting hit in the head with a hammer for 10min so you'll feel like a better person after, instead of just leaving immediately. I've never been that masochistic. No kink shame, though.

    The condescension is from another day, another whine about hook suicide/DC. Nothing new is ever offered or gained from it. It's just a woe-is-me post and demand that BHVR make punishments more severe or ban them all. Over and over, when the OG could've just done a search on the forums and found enough reading to last a good while. It's a waste of visual real estate.

    Until the demand for a better solo queue environment is made loud enough to BHVR to actually take significant and meaningful steps to improve it, there will be no end to DCs/hook suicides. Ever. Fight the problem. Bitching about the symptom does nothing.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161952#Comment_3161952

    Dear god this! The succinctness of it is worthy of having it pinned at the top of the forum! I'm saving this for copy/paste in every future hook suicide/DC whine post.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3162014#Comment_3162014

    The bots are only usable in custom games, unfortunately. Live public trials aren't changing, which is truly awful. I'd play 100% bot games all day every day if it were even worth reduced BPs/shards/exp.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3162043#Comment_3162043

    It's hilarious whiners act like they have something worth saying. Post a pic of your food on Pinterest or unbox something.

    Smh. Have a good day, today.

  • Tired of people DC or giving up too ever other game people screw me over. I play for fun and try my best to win but I never DC or give up. I even played on parties where they put don't leave or rage quit in the description and they still give up or say just let the killer kill u so he doesn't get any blood points. I do think the new killer is too overwhelming and too powerful at the moment and needs a nerf.

  • @Pyrosorc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159843#Comment_3159843

    I haven't, yet. But playing against Wesker is so incredibly unfun that I'm losing my ability to care. As I said, for now I'll just not play the game and hope he becomes obscure enough not to ruin DBD for me, but since he's tying nurse for strongest killer I sadly doubt it.

    Have you tried playing as him? If you're getting consistently wrecked by Wesker in his current state chances are you wouldn't stand a chance against most of the killer roster.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Fun times!

    TBF I think the Steve was unintenation because I spawned in with him and he didn't move while I was still around him. The Adam though DC as soon as he was put on his first hook at 5 gens. The Meg gave up at that point and dropped a pallet and just constantly spammed vaulted.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U55P6O0NIMSS/screenshot-2022-08-31-125758.jpg

    Goodness. That Hag had two perks equipped and one was yellow🤨. That almost certainly means a new player, or at least one that's new to Hag. That game was probably pretty winnable

  • @Xane said:

    They do at times, sorry not sticking around for some BS game with stupid teammates who self care in a corner the whole game.

    The same teammates who self-care in a corner all game are in this thread right now asking for survivor buffs/killer nerfs so they can go back to ROFLMAO stomping the killer without any change in their playstyle or trying to get better at all.

  • @Sumnox said:

    The question is also, why do so many people ragequit/DC/Give up?

    Too likely in attempts to convince BHVR to nerf Wesker.

    You know, what happened when they've buffed killers in general around a month ago, right? People were throwing matches for around two weeks, maybe even more.. Some still do throw them from time to time even to this day, but I sure didn't expect them to be such cry babies and put on the act with a „free candy“ whenever things aren't going their way.


    I do strongly suspect that this does only happen to players with a competitive mindset.. And as you may know, the game got kinda infested (or shall I say infected?) with them during the occassional sales and because the game got F2P on Epic for quite some time.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159851#Comment_3159851

    Have you tried playing as him? If you're getting consistently wrecked by Wesker in his current state chances are you wouldn't stand a chance against most of the killer roster.

    I was red 1 before the mmr system came into play thanks buddy, I'm perfectly good against most of the roster (huntress can ######### off though I'll admit).

    After another day of playing it seems like my ire was misplaced though - the problem isn't Wesker, the problem is new RPD. I actually miss old RPD so badly already but it'll never get reverted lol.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159807#Comment_3159807

    Too likely in attempts to convince BHVR to nerf Wesker.

    You know, what happened when they've buffed killers in general around a month ago, right? People were throwing matches for around two weeks, maybe even more.. Some still do throw them from time to time even to this day, but I sure didn't expect them to be such cry babies and put on the act with a „free candy“ whenever things aren't going their way.

    I do strongly suspect that this does only happen to players with a competitive mindset.. And as you may know, the game got kinda infested (or shall I say infected?) with them during the occassional sales and because the game got F2P on Epic for quite some time.

    The thing is people play DbD as if it's a 1v1v1v1v1 instead of a 4v1 or in the case of SWFs 1v3v1 because any SWF team I have seen in my soloQ matches left me to die on hook while tea bagging at the exit gate....and the Killer wasn't camping at all.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163798#Comment_3163798

    The thing is people play DbD as if it's a 1v1v1v1v1 instead of a 4v1 or in the case of SWFs 1v3v1 because any SWF team I have seen in my soloQ matches left me to die on hook while tea bagging at the exit gate....and the Killer wasn't camping at all.

    Well, yes.. But this isn't really related to the topic at hand, is it? I mean, SWF premades were behaving this way for years, it's nothing that shall surprise anybody, besides players new to the game.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163295#Comment_3163295

    Not true. Devs intended for SWF way before the game ever released but it wasn't ready in time.

    Since then, survivors have continuously been nerfed to hell and killers buffed to the moon. Survivor is totally unplayable now. A SWF might have a tiny, tiny chance to win if the killer plays poorly but that's about it.

    You are just wrong. Good SWFS will take even 3k hour killers to town. The game still highly favors coordinated survivor's- all 6.1 did was balance average players.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160392#Comment_3160392

    Wesker is low C-tier at best right now. If you're losing to him consistently either you are bad at the game or your teammates are.

    Because skill against a new killer that's been out for a day that you're still learning the counter play too makes you bad at the game. DBD toxic community logic. (Probs killer main as well).

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163819#Comment_3163819

    Well, yes.. But this isn't really related to the topic at hand, is it? I mean, SWF premades were behaving this way for years, it's nothing that shall surprise anybody, besides players new to the game.

    Not with SWFs but with DCing and Rage Quiting is partly to do with the mindset of it's a 1v1 game when it's actually a 4v1 game. When those players with that mindset get beat easily or downed too quickly or if it doesn't go thier way they Rage and DC or suicide. But those who remember this is a team based game and 4v1 will help out their team and won't DC or suicide because all that does is hurt the team

  • I think there is too much incapacited gameplay on hook or slugged on ground and it gives very low bloodpoints, it's way too late to fix it now because half of the perks are related to hooks but imagine if we just respawned somewhere random on the map, it would solve camping at the same time because no hooks to camp

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163875#Comment_3163875

    Not with SWFs but with DCing and Rage Quiting is partly to do with the mindset of it's a 1v1 game when it's actually a 4v1 game. When those players with that mindset get beat easily or downed too quickly or if it doesn't go thier way they Rage and DC or suicide. But those who remember this is a team based game and 4v1 will help out their team and won't DC or suicide because all that does is hurt the team

    That's a fair point, yes.

    In theory, it's really not a 4 Vs. 1, but 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1.. So, it's not like they're that wrong. It's the way they behave that becomes and is problematic..

  • Dbd is a very "toxic" game by it's nature and mechanics. It's something i would only recommend if you're in a stable mental condition. If you play too much of it, you easily get frustrated as there are many situations that feel punishing and unfair (for both sides!) and you just have to go through them until the game finally ends. People don't know when to stop and then they keep on playing and fall into a black hole.

    Those people you encountered have probably played way too much Dbd recently.

  • @Sumnox said:

    The question is also, why do so many people ragequit/DC/Give up?

    1. What teammates are doing or not doing
    2. Which killer it is (stupidest reason IMO)
    3. What type of playstyle does the killer use; ie camping, tunneling, slugging for 4k, etc
    4. What perks/build the killer is running (I've seen people d/c or quit just because of a killer running full gen slowdown build along w/ Thana)
    5. They have an emergency/have to go and realize they can't play the game out in time.

    Pretty sure those are it.

  • @KerJuice said:

    This is ridiculous. I just had four games in a row with players DCing and giving up on hook. All players with paid RE cosmetics from today. In all four games the killer didn’t even camp or tunnel. These players just “gave up” because they were either found first or just downed. This really baffles me as to why you would spend $18 bucks on skins then not even play the game properly. It’s so frustrating that so many players are like this, ruining the game. How are you supposed to get better if you don’t even try?

    ‘At this point, I’m all for making disconnects having harsher penalties/longer timeouts. And maybe players who let themselves go on hook an egregious amount of times (especially consecutively) can get a different type of penalty. Idk, I’m just over it. I want to keep playing but this ######### is deflating. Even going into this update KNOWING there will be a lot of DC’ing, still couldn’t prepare me for this. This is just a blatant buzzkill- more than usual.

    ‘Anyone else tired of this b.s? To the point where you just turn the game off and play something else, and hope when you return most of the quitters will be off?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/87H0QOJEXB4L/b938dc93-8dea-4973-9630-8550c5f7b153.jpeg

    I had 2 killers dc in today in a row very annoying when cakes in the games. At least when you're killer if one survivor dc:s you can still salvage bp by playing bit nicer or by farming.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161952#Comment_3161952

    I have to hard disagree on this. Majority of the DCs in my games when im playing killer or survivor are because they are caught first and they cannot handle it. Yesterday a Laurie dced just before the game was over just because she couldnt handle the fact they lost in garden of joy ( one of the most broken maps in this game) and insulted me in the end game. I don't tunnel or camp by the way so there was no excuse other than she just didnt like to lose.

    Survivors DC because they cannot handle losing or dont want to go against some killers so they feel entitled to screw over the team and just quit or give up.

    The perks that got nerfed needed to be nerfed. They were broken. Endgame Clutch perks shouldnt exists its an endgame. Gloves off lets fight lets not get free escapes from broken perks. This patch gave survivors really good basekit BT, perk to fight camping and lets be honest broken hyperfocus if you add another perk to compliment it.

    Matchmaking in soloQ.. sure i get some hiders in my lobby too and im not sure if they are tutorial neas and dwights, but matchmaking sucks for killers too. Yesterday i played wesker first time and i got a deathsquad against me.

    Ok then.

    End game Killer clutch perks shouldn't exist either then, right? No Way Out, Terminus, Remember Me, NOED, Blood Warden etc.

    If 5 gens are completed, why should they be entitled to free kills? See the logic behind that?

    For one thing, the escape rate of Solo Q is abysmal. It has got to be below 20%. Maybe a bit higher in a more elite MMR (if it exists) and you get constantly matched with other competent survivors, but for the majority of players, escape rates are low.

    The ONLY perks that would offer any aid to Solo Q survivors at end game were Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time. Maybe Deliverence but then you're broken so, not that helpful. And these perks are entirely situational. Decisive was normally used well before end game, ONE time use, and that's IF survivors actually got to end game. You MIGHT get a clutch escape if you were hooked close to an Exit gate. IF your team mates didn't just leave you to die. But often, that doesn't happen.

    There are no "free escapes" in Solo Q. There never has been. You're basically surviving against 4 people; The Killer and normally many of your team mates.

    I have no doubt some survivors disconnect because of stupid reasons like you outlined. I've seen it myself. Just the majority of the time it's because of camping, tunnelling, or feeling absolutely hopelessly steamrolled (i.e: Nurse. Hoarder PinH with all his souped up add-ons). The stark increase in camping and tunneling post 6.1 is undeniable. Even notorious Killer Mains on this forum admitted to it when they tried Solo (due to really long Killer queues).

  • @Pyrosorc said:

    Honestly might just join them. Wesker is so hilariously overtuned, he feels like a nurse with upside. Just gonna not play for a week until hopefully the craze dies down and it's only the sweats playing him, then I can just insta-conceed every Wesker.

    Wesker is as similar to Nurse as Huntress is to Trickster

    Wesker is also many things, but overtuned is not one of them

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159812#Comment_3159812

    Wesker is as similar to Nurse as Huntress is to Trickster

    Wesker is also many things, but overtuned is not one of them

    I'd go ahead and agree that he's a little overtuned; However, that doesn't mean, he shall be nerfed.

    There're literally no other killers, who do apply debuffs from their base powers even without add-ons to survivors, are there? Although Nemesis applies virus infection aswell, it does nothing.. If we'd get to be honest, his infection shall also hinder survivors.

    Besides hindering survivors, there's also the fast vault once per X seconds. No other killer has this ability, and I'm not taking in mind the Legion, who may have the ability, but he or she has to switch back to M1 and face quite a long delay after fast vaulting, so it's really not as reliable as Wesker's vaulting power.


    Don't get me wrong, though.. I don't want Wesker to get nerfed. He's actually pretty well balanced. Some of his add-ons are a little bit problematic, but it's nothing as extreme as Blight's Alchemist's Ring, for example..

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163998#Comment_3163998

    That's a fair point, yes.

    In theory, it's really not a 4 Vs. 1, but 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1.. So, it's not like they're that wrong. It's the way they behave that becomes and is problematic..

    That's true but this is a Asymmetrical game so the 1v1 mindset won't get very far ina sense, let me explain.

    In a Asymmetrical game the power levels of all players must be close to a certain balance, let's go with a standard 100% ratio. Killers would be set at a normal 100% while the Survivors would be set at 25% each but when BHVR started to try and balance I believe they focused on Survivors as a single unit so that's why why have had issues in the past where the balance seems to flip flop so much.

    But that's all talk for another place. You are right about how players behave is the biggest issue here.

  • If no one's gonna bother to save me or if I'm left to die on hook with Kindred equipped, I'm out

    I'm hitting that leave button

    BYE BYE!

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3163151#Comment_3163151

    Because skill against a new killer that's been out for a day that you're still learning the counter play too makes you bad at the game. DBD toxic community logic. (Probs killer main as well).

    Indeed I am a killer main (90/10-ish ratio) but I'm playing survivor a lot since 6.2 for the incentive BP, and I'm having no trouble at all looping Wesker. He's awful in his current state.

  • I have had to many matches that were not wesker, a survivor gets found first, gets either downed or 1st hook and leaves the game for no good reason. I like to call these survivors "Fragile".

    The devs need to implement a "quitter" system. Whether they are replaced with a bot, replace them with a new player in que, implement a "surrender" feature for both sides, a or a smart reporting system to punish them.

  • @Audiophile said:

    I only read a few posts here explaining the quitting but they were pretty spot on. It won’t stop until they fix all the things that make solo q a terrible experience. The only reason I still play is because I’ve resigned myself to losing all the time as the price of playing. I still get to enjoy some good plays, try stuff out, and get a tiny bit better every game and have the occasional decent game. But honestly it’s just a totally unfair miserable experience in solo q. It’s surprising they still have a game. And when players on my team quit, I get it. I don’t lose my ######### like some here on the forums do. Maybe because I know the game is likely going to be a bad loss anyway so whatever… next game. I don’t bring my best items when I solo so I don’t lose anything to get mad about.

    Same. I've not brought an item into a trial in ages. Almost always a loss, and does little to actually impact the game unless you stack higher end stuff (commodious toolbox + BNP + socket, or similar). I use whatever I find in chests (if they're at all useful), and if I get an escape I add the item to the stacks of other items that are borderline useless.

    Great, another KEY.

  • @Audiophile said:

    I only read a few posts here explaining the quitting but they were pretty spot on. It won’t stop until they fix all the things that make solo q a terrible experience. The only reason I still play is because I’ve resigned myself to losing all the time as the price of playing. I still get to enjoy some good plays, try stuff out, and get a tiny bit better every game and have the occasional decent game. But honestly it’s just a totally unfair miserable experience in solo q. It’s surprising they still have a game. And when players on my team quit, I get it. I don’t lose my ######### like some here on the forums do. Maybe because I know the game is likely going to be a bad loss anyway so whatever… next game. I don’t bring my best items when I solo so I don’t lose anything to get mad about.

    Yet at the start of every match we still feel hopeful. Or at lesst I do. Plus I'm using up all of my brown offerings. It's not all bad. Just mostly bad. Lol

  • @solidhex said:

    Dbd is a very "toxic" game by it's nature and mechanics. It's something i would only recommend if you're in a stable mental condition. If you play too much of it, you easily get frustrated as there are many situations that feel punishing and unfair (for both sides!) and you just have to go through them until the game finally ends. People don't know when to stop and then they keep on playing and fall into a black hole.

    Those people you encountered have probably played way too much Dbd recently.

    Then eventually you'll reach the 12th stage of enlightennent and realize that none of it actually matters and that you're just wasting time and entertaining yourself by playing a video game about murder.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3160379#Comment_3160379

    I think this is it, as much as people don't care about it and prefer to blame it on salt.

    Under the old Rank system sure, there were D/C's, but nowhere near what I'm seeing now (in my experience anyways) and I play Solo Q exclusively. It's been particularly exacerbated by Patch 6.1. Fact is, BHVR's matchmaking is absolutely awful for Solos. Almost every decent perk that made a huge difference for Solo Q players were entirely gutted to help Killer's deal with SWF's better. They deactivated end game perks for us that used to maybe allow us to get a clutch escape or clutch saves. Every change has discouraged altruism and team work in Solo Q meaning you can rely on your team mates even less than before, as more and more we're seeing selfish builds/playstyles. They made keys useless, nerfed the hatch- most Killers released have been high mobility, range or teleporting so if you're the last survivor, getting an Exit gate is basically impossible.

    Solo Q is so miserable at the moment it's depressing, and I think disconnects are a symptom of a player base fed up. They WANT to play, they love DBD, been playing for years maybe; but it's demoralizing to load into a match, hear a squeal of a Nurse and a down in 6 seconds, see the next team mate hook grabbed immediately- and know not only is the game lost, but you won't even get any decent blood point compensation. So there you are wasting your time in a hopeless situation for 10 mins. Enjoy your 5k BPs. You can buy yourself a brown tool box, generator instructions, or maybe a green broken key on a Blood web where half the items are obsolete.

    Majority of D/C's are when a survivor is being camped at 4-5 gens. It happens all the time and significantly increased after 6.1 . I'd say 80% of the disconnects I see happen when a hooked survivor is being camped, or else when that survivor is tunneled and downed immediately after they're unhooked. People are sick of it. I was being face camped by a Pinhead once, a survivor came to unhooked me, saw me being camped (at 4 gens) and he just d/c'ed right then and there. He was just out of there.

    I've experience banks of matches where the Killer 4k's like, 10 matches in a row too. But according to BHVR, my MMR should be so low after that it will adjust accordingly, right? But it doesn't seem to and I just get paired with 2 survivors new to the game, a survivor who is competent and a Killer that has 3k hours. That's not a balanced, working MMR. Especially in a game where one inexperienced team mate can tank the game for the rest of us.

    So I think the general attitude of Solo Q players is one of exasperation, hopelessness, and resignation. When you log in, you mentally prepare yourself for absolute BS. If you actually have a normal match where the Killer isn't overpowered (meaning mis-matched and much more experienced than the survivor team), and isn't camping/tunneling, and if all your team mates are competent, it's a pleasant surprise rather than the norm. If you actually escape? Like... shocking.

    BHVR should be looking at the disconnect trend, and how it's increasing. They also have to look at WHY and do something productive. Just punishing Solos for it won't be effective. It will just be a bandaid fix and survivors will merely hook suicide.

    This is beautifully saying what has been said like 10000 times in these forums in 10000 different ways. But it would be a FNG miracle if BHVR were to actually respond and say ‘you know what… we hear you and we’re going to address this’.

1 2 3