Who In Your Opinion is the most well designed Killer in Dead By Daylight?

As per title.

Under well designed I'm trying to include:

More-Or-Less Balanced.

Fun-To-Play.

Fun-To-Play-Against.


My top two picks would be Huntress and Blight (basekit). What would be yours?

Comments

  • @Remedicist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100754#Comment_3100754

    Well if Trickster wastes 12 knives on you and hits the other 12, he has 20 knives left which is around the time a Trickster should probably reload (same with the Huntress having to reload). I think a Trickster may have to reload more than a Huntress after each chase though, but again this entirely depends on the player and map situation. I still think any ranged killer with good aim will down you quick at a dead zone and up close. Any killer that really wants to down a survivor in chase eventually will too.

    I would say Trickster is susceptible to loops in a different way compared to Huntress though. Where she loses her speed for holding her hatchet, Trickster's knives have worse accuracy and I'm not talking about recoil (although that does play a part). His knives never shoot directly towards the center, they shoot a bit to the left or right depending on the hand throwing. This is why it is hard for a Trickster to run a loop close to the walls without one of his throwing hands throwing a knife at the wall despite aiming at the survivor. This is also why it is possible to throw a Trickster off by running in front of him and making him miss knives, although that isn't advisable as they could just back up.

    But putting that into practice with a loop, a Trickster can't run a loop very tight unless he wants to m1, which could gain you distance on the loop especially if the Trickster doesn't play mechanically efficiently (putting the knives down the moment he doesn't need it). I like to play mindgames in loop chases or use small holes to throw through because of this and if it works, I am rewarded with knife hits.

    But regardless, I understand those that don't have fun playing against him since his power can be overwhelming at times. I do think he can still be beaten with a planned escape route and using his weaknesses against him, but that can be said about every killer since they all have unique playstyles and ways of countering.

    You see the thing is not that Trickster is stronger or weaker than huntress is that in a bunch of scenarios,say,rounding shack for example -

    with Huntress you both try to mindgame each other as that one hit will cost you a healthstate. With trickster he throws 16 knives and you just gotta hug it tightly. That's my problem with him,dodging and juking is mostly meaningless and thus the counterplay is kinda boring,

  • People not knowing how to play against Nurse is not a balance problem.

  • Killers with build in slow down but weak in chase. Pig and Pinhead. Long chase doesnt hurt them much (except the first chase)

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100860#Comment_3100860

    People not knowing how to play against Nurse is not a balance problem.

    i guess nobody knows how to play against nurse,even the people with 8K hours

  • I used to bestow this medal first uppon Hillbilly, then Deathslinger - we all know what happened to those two, so now I'm afraid to say it about anyone else because I fear I'm going to cause a huge, unwarranted nerf to befall this character and ruin them forever.

    I mean, I used to say I love Doctor for his incredible depth in power - and shortly after they remove a big aspect of his powers depth!

  • I would say Demo. I never ever seen a person that hates him.

  • Demo, he's just right.

    Honorable mention to Dredge and Artist.

  • It could be recentism but I'm tempted to say Dredge is one of the best killers they've made. It's fun to play and also seems to be popular to play against with a really unique aesthetic. Dredge also seems to have a good kill rate but isn't overpowered, and has just a touch of anti-loop ability but no so much that looping would feel pointless. It's not as powerful as Nurse or Blight, for example, but is good enough to win when you play well and rewards good macro play which is a big plus in my book!

    Blight is also up there for similar reasons. His power feels unique, he has a touch of anti-loop but it's not so much that looping is impossible. He also has a fun theme and aesthetic and survivors seem to like going against him, other than for the fact that he's also maybe a bit too popular as a killer and has a bit too high of a kill rate at high ranks (I think?) He and Dredge do share some broad positive traits so it's a pretty close pairing for me which one is "better designed", but I'd probably lean toward Dredge by a hair.

  • @kizuati said:

    As per title.

    Under well designed I'm trying to include:

    More-Or-Less Balanced.

    Fun-To-Play.

    Fun-To-Play-Against.

    My top two picks would be Huntress and Blight (basekit). What would be yours?

    Huntress and Blight, if they removed or reworked the alchemist ring.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    In the general pick I'd say Huntress. The most popular killer pick of all time.

    Then I go for Sadako, Myers and Wraith, Ghostface.

    While people do say Blight, I tend to disagree, same reason I disagree about Nurse. Only because they are strong and able to compete against most players doesn't necessarily make them "well-designed", so even though I choose weaker killers as mention above, I truly believe they are more.

    I reflected mostly on the pick-rate of the last stats

    https://i.ibb.co/VS3VByW/killstats2022.jpg

    As well as on the Dev anniversary stats where Huntress is the top pick. Based on community feedback, the love goes more to stealth killers than anything else.

    I think your thought process is too caught up on Ruin TInkerer Undying Blight / His busted ass addons. Basekit blight,especially of this patch,apart from the reduced injured distance is pretty fair!

  • so many people look at alch ring as his best,y'all are sleeping on how broken compound 33 is

  • Demo and Oni

    Both have strong chase powers that don’t feel oppressive to play against.

    Both have good mobility but don’t feel like they are on constantly.

    Both have great sound design that makes them feeling menacing to play as and threatening to play against even if they aren’t nearby. (Although Demo’s footsteps could be quieter).

    Hitting a Shred or Demon Strike feels just as satisfying as dodging them.

  • I'm joking around mate lol I always say on here how much I hate Hag so it was an easy joke 😂

    Genuinely don't enjoy any games I've had to play as or vs Hag so I'd actually like to know why.

    They are 👍 I know people hate vs'ing Bubba whereas I love facing him. As I said above I was joking since I always joke about Hag.

    @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100750#Comment_3100750

    tbf if you know how to counter hag it's fun

    Messing with a hag all game is one of the most hilarious things you can do as surv. Like watching her put a trap, then I just run over, angle myself properly and trigger it to make her swing straight into a wall. Priceless.

    some of them can't handle it and DC

    I don't find that fun though. I find that similar to Nurse she makes a bunch of average perks extremely annoying (I.e Franklin's). When I play as her I feel the matches take too long when I play well and too short when I play terrible.

    For me annoying a Hag all game just seems like bullying which I don't like. Facing a good Hag is slow and boring. A camping Hag is also boring.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100755#Comment_3100755

    I'm joking around mate lol I always say on here how much I hate Hag so it was an easy joke 😂

    Genuinely don't enjoy any games I've had to play as or vs Hag so I'd actually like to know why.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100765#Comment_3100765

    They are 👍 I know people hate vs'ing Bubba whereas I love facing him. As I said above I was joking since I always joke about Hag.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100771#Comment_3100771

    I don't find that fun though. I find that similar to Nurse she makes a bunch of average perks extremely annoying (I.e Franklin's). When I play as her I feel the matches take too long when I play well and too short when I play terrible.

    For me annoying a Hag all game just seems like bullying which I don't like. Facing a good Hag is slow and boring. A camping Hag is also boring.

    Oh lol I see. My apologies then!

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100755#Comment_3100755

    I'm joking around mate lol I always say on here how much I hate Hag so it was an easy joke 😂

    Genuinely don't enjoy any games I've had to play as or vs Hag so I'd actually like to know why.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100765#Comment_3100765

    They are 👍 I know people hate vs'ing Bubba whereas I love facing him. As I said above I was joking since I always joke about Hag.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100771#Comment_3100771

    I don't find that fun though. I find that similar to Nurse she makes a bunch of average perks extremely annoying (I.e Franklin's). When I play as her I feel the matches take too long when I play well and too short when I play terrible.

    For me annoying a Hag all game just seems like bullying which I don't like. Facing a good Hag is slow and boring. A camping Hag is also boring.

    Oh...I see.

    I apologize, my friend. I had forgotten about that.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100755#Comment_3100755

    I'm joking around mate lol I always say on here how much I hate Hag so it was an easy joke 😂

    Genuinely don't enjoy any games I've had to play as or vs Hag so I'd actually like to know why.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100765#Comment_3100765

    They are 👍 I know people hate vs'ing Bubba whereas I love facing him. As I said above I was joking since I always joke about Hag.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100771#Comment_3100771

    I don't find that fun though. I find that similar to Nurse she makes a bunch of average perks extremely annoying (I.e Franklin's). When I play as her I feel the matches take too long when I play well and too short when I play terrible.

    For me annoying a Hag all game just seems like bullying which I don't like. Facing a good Hag is slow and boring. A camping Hag is also boring.

    Tbf it's not bullying it's her actual counterplay

    Letting a hag set up is letting a hag win basically


    I understand your POV tho, hag's not super interactive most of the time. They can be very 'flow-chart'-ey.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101042#Comment_3101042

    Oh...I see.

    I apologize, my friend. I had forgotten about that.

    My apologies also if I sounded confrontational or something. I always add an "lol or 😂" to show I'm not being that serious 😂

    @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101042#Comment_3101042

    Tbf it's not bullying it's her actual counterplay

    Letting a hag set up is letting a hag win basically

    I understand your POV tho, hag's not super interactive most of the time. They can be very 'flow-chart'-ey.

    She doesn't really interact with people. At least Tarpper it feels like you have to corral people into your traps mid loop lol

    She either has traps everywhere and the survivors die, traps destroyed constantly and she loses or she camps and probably wins. I've genuinely never had a Hag game that's I've enjoyed in my 5000hrs on this game 😂

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101045#Comment_3101045

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101053#Comment_3101053

    My apologies also if I sounded confrontational or something. I always add an "lol or 😂" to show I'm not being that serious 😂

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101054#Comment_3101054

    She doesn't really interact with people. At least Tarpper it feels like you have to corral people into your traps mid loop lol

    She either has traps everywhere and the survivors die, traps destroyed constantly and she loses or she camps and probably wins. I've genuinely never had a Hag game that's I've enjoyed in my 5000hrs on this game 😂

    I'm just easily amused

    Maybe it's cathartic to me knowing that the killer's trying to make a web of traps and I'm just getting on their nerves the whole time. It's double funny when two survivors start doing it at the same time, constantly ping-ponging her back and forth between traps while also being just out of swing distance


    Although yeah, if Hag gets someone in basement - good luck getting out unless you're a minesweeper expert

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101058#Comment_3101058

    I'm just easily amused

    Maybe it's cathartic to me knowing that the killer's trying to make a web of traps and I'm just getting on their nerves the whole time. It's double funny when two survivors start doing it at the same time, constantly ping-ponging her back and forth between traps while also being just out of swing distance

    Although yeah, if Hag gets someone in basement - good luck getting out unless you're a minesweeper expert

    Genuinely happy she is played so little lol I'd hate if she was played as often as Nurse or Blight.

    I genuinely struggle to do any of her dailies 😂

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100860#Comment_3100860

    People not knowing how to play against Nurse is not a balance problem.

    How do you play against a good nurse? It's literally you just work off her mistakes and run putting stuff between you and the killer. Exact same gameplay as deathslinger except she has constant mobility and her power isn't a time sink or stopped by walls


    I'd put billy or oni as my most balanced, both high risk and big rewards. Loopable for survivors so they don't have their skill or interaction deminished but both killers give a constant threat to a survivor team if played well

  • @Ghostofsnow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100872#Comment_3100872

    How do you play against a good nurse? It's literally you just work off her mistakes and run putting stuff between you and the killer. Exact same gameplay as deathslinger except she has constant mobility and her power isn't a time sink or stopped by walls

    I'd put billy or oni as my most balanced, both high risk and big rewards. Loopable for survivors so they don't have their skill or interaction deminished but both killers give a constant threat to a survivor team if played well

    it's a troll take lol

  • Trapper. Anyone that says Blight is high.

  • Old Legion, and maybe Deathslinger. Twins and Trickster are honorable mentions.

    Absolutely flawlessly designed killers. Yep, nothing wrong there.

  • Dredge usually hits the nail on the head for me.

  • I can't say for certain, but I'll throw in Slinger's name.

    If they hadn't murdered him he'd be well off.

  • Tell me your MMR without telling me your MMR thread.

    Demo.

  • Dredge. Hell yeah!

  • @kizuati said:

    As per title.

    Under well designed I'm trying to include:

    More-Or-Less Balanced.

    Fun-To-Play.

    Fun-To-Play-Against.

    My top two picks would be Huntress and Blight (basekit). What would be yours?

    aestethically i would say oni, as gameplay under certain aspects trapper (when you hear someone stepping in your traps... just right👌) and aganist i would say hag (weird, isn't it?)

  • Either Oni or Demogorgon

  • The Oni

    He Is great in chases and in gen pressure. But he also have small weaknesses for fun mind games.

    Other good killers: The Huntress. I also love Bubba if he doesn't camp.

  • Best designed are Blight, Oni, Huntress. and the old spirit but without any add-ons. The current spirit while still strong isn't as well designed.

  • Now probably trapper. Over 50% kill rate for sure, but the most balanced

  • Not playing a lot of survivors, but If I do, it's a spirit, billy, nurse, or stealth killers.

    For nurse I hope she's not running "broken" or I should say sweaty perks and range addons.

  • @FridayNightPizza said:

    Pinhead and Artist. Honestly I think bubba is pretty balanced, I don't camp with him because I find him lethal in a chase, yeah he's got a solid insta down ability that can net you multi kills if survivors are clumped together but you've constantly got to be mindful of your surroundings so as to avoid the tantrum, seriously I've lost so many chases due to that so now I won't play him without shadowborn. He's got a fair bit of counterplay too.

    Honestly I don't understand when people saying "Bubba or hag is fun to play against", considering it's the killers with high camp and tunnel potencial. xD

    I mean, Hag isn't even allowed to decide tunnel or not, if survivor after being unhooked running on traps, he's gonna go down again, hag insta hit-teleport makes it impossible to see, that she's hitting the survivor who just got unhooked. I don't really think someone is having fun like that.

  • Ghostface and Doctor.

    Ghostface it's so fun to play with and against. I really love the scare jumps.

    Doctor has a unique mechanism that can make you feel vulnerable almost the entire match. You might be hearing false terror radius randomly, you might think you're safe but that pallet its actually fake, etc... I think it's super annoying to play against him and that's exactly how should be.

  • Old Hillbilly.

    Fun to play as, fun to go against.

    Strong but not overpowered.

  • Hmmmm.

    I would probably say Old Billy, Oni, Demo, and Sadako (kinda).

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100625#Comment_3100625

    Really? I find his anti-loop extremely boring to verse as the correct play 99% of the time is just "press the W key and go to another loop" and his power makes a lot of goofy locker perks very sad.

    Use hangman’s trick, hook a survivor then leave the remnant behind a corner near the hook. You will be on the unhooker before they finish they’re scream.

  • Demogorgon is one of the most balanced killers imo.

    Decent chase potential, nothing insanely strong, but isnt weak either, it can be effective when used right.

    Decent map pressure, while still an M1 killer, his portals allow them go and pressure generators across the map when needed, portals have counterplay as well, which I like a lot when playing both sides.

    Their power is easy to understand for both sides, presenting clear counterplay or utility for either side. Anyone can pick up Demogorgon and understand their power within the first few matches, and while it does have areas where in-game knowledge is insanely useful, his low skill floor and moderate skill ceiling really make them a good killer.

    Also overall, their perks are decent, Fearmonger is good at denying exhaustion perks (mainly Sprint Burst), Claustrophobia is a very situational but effective anti-loop perk, and Jolt is a really good slowdown perk now that it get buffed.

    Their addons arent insanely strong but still provide a wide array of utility that can find use in a lot of varying builds, and Demo makes use of a lot of perks that other killers would otherwise not get as much value from because of this.

  • Pinhead, i love to play against him. gives survivor a new objective and i have a lot of fun in trying to dodge his chains while being chased

  • @Neamy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100631#Comment_3100631

    Use hangman’s trick, hook a survivor then leave the remnant behind a corner near the hook. You will be on the unhooker before they finish they’re scream.

    I'll make sure to use hangman's trick as Survivor..

  • Best Designed for Balance: Huntress

    Best Designed for fun-to-play as/against: Demogorgon.

    Best Designed Licensed Killer whos power is the most lore accurate: No one will EVER take this crown from Meyers

  • @Sandt21 said:

    Best Designed for Balance: Huntress

    Best Designed for fun-to-play as/against: Demogorgon.

    Best Designed Licensed Killer whos power is the most lore accurate: No one will EVER take this crown from Meyers

    release freddy is right there license wise. myers is not that lore accurate imo. him being punished for distanced stalking makes little sense lore wise

  • Twins and nurse <3

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Twins and nurse <3

    @Murgleïs said:

    Nurse.

    the nurse joke wasn't funny before the 1st comment. y'all aint funny.

1 2 ›