Who In Your Opinion is the most well designed Killer in Dead By Daylight?

As per title.

Under well designed I'm trying to include:

More-Or-Less Balanced.

Fun-To-Play.

Fun-To-Play-Against.


My top two picks would be Huntress and Blight (basekit). What would be yours?

Comments

  • @Maverick_74F said:

    Demo or blight

    Oh yeah actually good call! I forgot Demo,he slipped my mind. He is a very well rounded Killer,although I think his portals are underwhelming.

  • My Main Dredge

    Very balanced whit Good Map Pressure and Good Anti loop but doesnt feels to strong and can be counterd

    Very Fun to Play i Never had so much Fun whit a Killer

    Also Fun to Play against


    Dredge is the perfect Killer every others Killer should be on his Level but sadly its way to hard to balance u cant make a Pig , Trapper or Myers on Dredge Level

  • @xEmoGirlxAlexisx said:

    My Main Dredge

    Very balanced whit Good Map Pressure and Good Anti loop but doesnt feels to strong and can be counterd

    Very Fun to Play i Never had so much Fun whit a Killer

    Also Fun to Play against

    Dredge is the perfect Killer every others Killer should be on his Level but sadly its way to hard to balance u cant make a Pig , Trapper or Myers on Dredge Level

    Really? I find his anti-loop extremely boring to verse as the correct play 99% of the time is just "press the W key and go to another loop" and his power makes a lot of goofy locker perks very sad.

  • @Nirgendwohin said:

    Bubba

    B 0 0 B A. Seriously though he is not very fun to verse for the average survivor who will get to know the insidious ways. His unhook scenario gameplay is very unhealthy.

  • On-Release Freddy and Old Hillbilly.

    But, if you want a up to date answer...Hag.

  • @GeneralV said:

    On-Release Freddy and Old Hillbilly.

    But, if you want a up to date answer...Hag.

    Hmm.. Do you feel like Old Freddy was balanced? I feel like he was just as bad as how amazing his theme and aesthetics were.

  • Blight and Billy, require skill to play as, require skill to play against. Fair and fun to play on and against on majority of maps, both kits offers variety of builds and playstyles

  • Ivan Oni

    Fun for and against

    Stunning aesthetic, great lore

    Very strong yet has plenty of weaknesses

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100638#Comment_3100638

    Hmm.. Do you feel like Old Freddy was balanced? I feel like he was just as bad as how amazing his theme and aesthetics were.

    Yes, but he isn't exactly who I am talking about.

    On-Release Freddy and Old Freddy are slightly different.

    Old Freddy was amazing, but had a few weaknesses.

    On-Release Freddy was golden.

  • @Rise432 said:

    Blight and Billy, require skill to play as, require skill to play against. Fair and fun to play on and against on majority of maps, both kits offers variety of builds and playstyles

    I honestly feel like Billy is a tad weak. I'm actually currently working on a full-on rework concept for him ;)

    He IMO requires a tad too much perfect gameplay by the player to achieve decent results and I would love to see him played a tad more.

  • Deathslinger.

  • @Maverick_74F said:

    Demo or blight

    My first thought too, their powers are very good while also offering a ton of counterplay, when facing a good blight or demo it pretty much always comes down to looping skill. Overall very fun killers to play as and against.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100640#Comment_3100640

    Yes, but he isn't exactly who I am talking about.

    On-Release Freddy and Old Freddy are slightly different.

    Old Freddy was amazing, but had a few weaknesses.

    On-Release Freddy was golden.

    Okay hold up can you clarify which do you think was the best?

    Pull into dream world release freddy / Swing Chain Freddy / Current Freddy

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Ivan Oni

    Fun for and against

    Stunning aesthetic, great lore

    Very strong yet has plenty of weaknesses

    I've personally thought Oni as my first pick but I cant help but feel like the survivor counter play him at the start is super boring as their best option is to just pre-flip every pallet and get all the gens done before you get your power.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100642#Comment_3100642

    I honestly feel like Billy is a tad weak. I'm actually currently working on a full-on rework concept for him ;)

    He IMO requires a tad too much perfect gameplay by the player to achieve decent results and I would love to see him played a tad more.

    just remove overheat tbh and make doom engraving basekit.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100646#Comment_3100646

    Okay hold up can you clarify which do you think was the best?

    Pull into dream world release freddy / Swing Chain Freddy / Current Freddy

    Ya see, there are quite a few of them.

    -On-Release Freddy

    -Old Freddy that most people know about

    -Swing Chain Freddy (Reworked)

    -Current Freddy.

    Both the On-Release Freddy and the Old Freddy pulled people into the Dream World, but the on-release version is the only one that is perfect.

  • @Alcuin said:

    Deathslinger.

    I feel like Death Slinger is extremely low on the Fun-To-Play-Against metric.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100662#Comment_3100662

    Ya see, there are quite a few of them.

    -On-Release Freddy

    -Old Freddy that most people know about

    -Swing Chain Freddy (Reworked)

    -Current Freddy.

    Both the On-Release Freddy and the Old Freddy pulled people into the Dream World, but the on-release version is the only one that is perfect.

    Wasn't Release Freddy just really thematically cool and a noob stomper who couldnt hold up in any higher skill bracket?

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100671#Comment_3100671

    Wasn't Release Freddy just really thematically cool and a noob stomper who couldnt hold up in any higher skill bracket?

    Nope.

    Every killer is like that if you are not good enough.

    This is nothing but an excuse for those unwilling to learn.

  • Spirit. Call me bias all you want :)

  • I would say on-release Freddy, but I feel like maybe he'd have too much slowdown potential in this version of DBD unless they changed the type of debuff he gave for survivors in the dream world? Only one way to find out though.

    If Oni wasn't bugged rn, I'd definitely say he is a very well designed killer. Blight is also very well designed with a high skill playstyle. Demo is definitely up there, but I think it has the ability to zone which may be unfun for some.

    These are just the general answers though. The main killers I enjoy playing as and facing are Trickster, Huntress, and Deathslinger because I'm biased.

  • @GannTM said:

    Spirit. Call me bias all you want :)

    does not fit under fun to verse at all

  • Huntress. Strong enough to deal with a lot of stuff, but no ridiculous addons and is 110 and isn't immune to most of a survivors defenses. Yeah, the hitbix can be a tad wonky, but it's still fun to go against a huntress as long as she doesn't camp, but camping isn't fun on any killers.

  • Top 5 in my books:

    Oni

    Demogorgon

    Cenobite

    Dredge

    Cannibal


    Blight would be on here if you subtract his ridiculous addons

  • god i dont understand how do ppl have fun versing trickster like i legit dont get it

    i feel like a lot of the scenarios where with huntress you need to out mindgame eachother not to lose a health state,with Trickster you just gotta take the knives and hold W because he has 4 million

    @Remedicist said:

    I would say on-release Freddy, but I feel like maybe he'd have too much slowdown potential in this version of DBD unless they changed the type of debuff he gave for survivors in the dream world? Only one way to find out though.

    If Oni wasn't bugged rn, I'd definitely say he is a very well designed killer. Blight is also very well designed with a high skill playstyle. Demo is definitely up there, but I think it has the ability to zone which may be unfun for some.

    These are just the general answers though. The main killers I enjoy playing as and facing are Trickster, Huntress, and Deathslinger because I'm biased.


  • You people really need to quit putting fun as an objective term. I find Spirit fun to play against and a lot of other people also do. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean she’s objectively not fun.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100712#Comment_3100712

    You people really need to quit putting fun as an objective term. I find Spirit fun to play against and a lot of other people also do. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean she’s objectively not fun.

    100% agree

    I mean some people like facing Starstruck Agi nurse, those masochists!


    Jokes aside, a killer doesn't have to fit any criteria for you to enjoy them. I really enjoy Cenobite but most people despise him

  • artist.

    Only issue with her is that shes very hard to learn and verse and can sometimes be unfun on certain maps like game. Other than that she's great.

  • @kizuati said:

    god i dont understand how do ppl have fun versing trickster like i legit dont get it

    i feel like a lot of the scenarios where with huntress you need to out mindgame eachother not to lose a health state,with Trickster you just gotta take the knives and hold W because he has 4 million

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100710#Comment_3100710

    In a 6:1 knife:hatchet ratio of losing a health state, they have a similar number of ranged ammo in their arsenal. I honestly feel like any situation Trickster would have injured someone, Huntress would have as well anyway. Maybe faster or slower depending on the obstacles. Although the same cannot be said the other way around since Huntress has way more long range potential. Main strength I would say Trickster has over Huntress is his ability to throw his knives through small holes and windows more freely and quickly, making for some creative shots whereas Huntress has awesome amazing shots from her long ranged throws. I think people though don't see this all the time as they may be irritated from being hit with knives over and over despite not actually losing a health state. Basically, no other killers make me feel as tense in a chase as dodging projectiles from the ranged killers I love playing as and facing against.

    I could tell you that the key to beating Trickster is having an efficient escape route in mind that involves tall walls or weirdly shaped structures like rocks and trying to chain them. Especially if you are in a dead zone, you should be prepared to run to that escape route when you hear the melody. Although this goes for Huntress as well as Huntress could definitely down you all the same in the same situation as Trickster can as I said before.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100712#Comment_3100712

    You people really need to quit putting fun as an objective term. I find Spirit fun to play against and a lot of other people also do. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean she’s objectively not fun.

    This.

  • With the criteria you mentioned, I think huntress wins.

  • Nurse, with the exception of range add-ons and Torn Bookmark

    Blight, with the exception of Alchemist Crow, C33, and C21

    Has both mobility and anti-loop up constantly, which is good design, but also requires winning mindgames to land hits with the anti-loop power.

    In comparison, other killers either:

    1. Don't have near-constant mobility, which means they lose time efficiency regardless of skill if it's a big map or against hold W
    2. Don't have near-constant anti-loop, which means they lose time efficiency regardless of skill if there's strong tile setups
    3. Or don't have interactive anti-loop, which means they win or lose mostly regardless of the survivor
      1. Example: Nemesis - If the survivor vaults or drops a pallet, they guaranteed get hit by M2. If they don't, they guaranteed get hit by M1 a few seconds later. The sole and exclusive option is hold W, which hard counters Nemesis and the killer can do absolutely nothing about other than just wait to catch up. But the survivor has zero options in chase otherwise.
  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100712#Comment_3100712

    You people really need to quit putting fun as an objective term. I find Spirit fun to play against and a lot of other people also do. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean she’s objectively not fun.

    I agree with this. I like playing against ranged killers for instance, but for others it probably is not their most fun time and that is okay because we are all different. I used to not like playing against Spirit and Artist, but they grew on me the more I learned how to play against them. Artist especially is someone I never thought I would like playing as or against until I learner her and how to go against her and I am satisfied playing both roles as or against her now. Same goes for Spirit.

  • @Remedicist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100718#Comment_3100718

    I agree with this. I like playing against ranged killers for instance, but for others it probably is not their most fun time and that is okay because we are all different. I used to not like playing against Spirit and Artist, but they grew on me the more I learned how to play against them. Artist especially is someone I never thought I would like playing as or against until I learner her and how to go against her and I am satisfied playing both roles as or against her now. Same goes for Spirit.

    Yay I’m glad to hear you enjoy playing against my love ☺️

  • @GeneralV said:

    On-Release Freddy and Old Hillbilly.

    But, if you want a up to date answer...Hag.

    Your joking with Hag right? 😂

    Part of the criteria was fun to play as and against lol

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100712#Comment_3100712

    You people really need to quit putting fun as an objective term. I find Spirit fun to play against and a lot of other people also do. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean she’s objectively not fun.

    I can actually put it down as an objective term. I put it down as an ability for survivors to have any decent way to express their skill and try to counter the Killer. There. Solved.

    Of course it's not universal as there are weirdos and masochists but this will be 90% of the community.

  • @Remedicist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100715#Comment_3100715

    In a 6:1 knife:hatchet ratio of losing a health state, they have a similar number of ranged ammo in their arsenal. I honestly feel like any situation Trickster would have injured someone, Huntress would have as well anyway. Maybe faster or slower depending on the obstacles. Although the same cannot be said the other way around since Huntress has way more long range potential. Main strength I would say Trickster has over Huntress is his ability to throw his knives through small holes and windows more freely and quickly, making for some creative shots whereas Huntress has awesome amazing shots from her long ranged throws. I think people though don't see this all the time as they may be irritated from being hit with knives over and over despite not actually losing a health state. Basically, no other killers make me feel as tense in a chase as dodging projectiles from the ranged killers I love playing as and facing against.

    I could tell you that the key to beating Trickster is having an efficient escape route in mind that involves tall walls or weirdly shaped structures like rocks and trying to chain them. Especially if you are in a dead zone, you should be prepared to run to that escape route when you hear the melody. Although this goes for Huntress as well as Huntress could definitely down you all the same in the same situation as Trickster can as I said before.

    I completely disagree. Trickster has spray, making it much harder to dodge. If Trickster has no obstacles, you're pretty much dead. If huntress has no obstacles, you can try to avoid her hatchets and not have it be a waste

    Also, while they're even on health states, a huntress wasting 4 hatchets on you is much more rewarding than Trickster wasting 12 knives on you.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100638#Comment_3100638

    Your joking with Hag right? 😂

    Part of the criteria was fun to play as and against lol

    I like playing as and against Hag.

    Why?

  • demogorgon


    because i main him

  • Favourite killers to play : Legion and Hag

    But most well-designed ? Hm...

    Probably Doctor. I love going against him, I haven't actually played him, but he sounds fun, and games with him are always interesting. He also has really cool add-ons that make him very unpredictable. Not to forget that Impossible Skillcheck potential.

    I just think he's neat.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    Nurse, with the exception of range add-ons and Torn Bookmark

    Blight, with the exception of Alchemist Crow, C33, and C21

    Has both mobility and anti-loop up constantly, which is good design, but also requires winning mindgames to land hits with the anti-loop power.

    In comparison, other killers either:

    1. Don't have near-constant mobility, which means they lose time efficiency regardless of skill if it's a big map or against hold W
    2. Don't have near-constant anti-loop, which means they lose time efficiency regardless of skill if there's strong tile setups
    3. Or don't have interactive anti-loop, which means they win or lose mostly regardless of the survivor
      1. Example: Nemesis - If the survivor vaults or drops a pallet, they guaranteed get hit by M2. If they don't, they guaranteed get hit by M1 a few seconds later. The sole and exclusive option is hold W, which hard counters Nemesis and the killer can do absolutely nothing about other than just wait to catch up. But the survivor has zero options in chase otherwise.

    wait wait wait. wait wait wait. Did you just. Put. Nurse. As the most well designed Killer In the game.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100718#Comment_3100718

    I can actually put it down as an objective term. I put it down as an ability for survivors to have any decent way to express their skill and try to counter the Killer. There. Solved.

    Just because Spirit makes survivors play differently doesn’t mean they can’t express their skill against her. Honestly this sounds more like a skill issue on your part.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100638#Comment_3100638

    Your joking with Hag right? 😂

    Part of the criteria was fun to play as and against lol

    Are people not allowed to like what they like?

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100638#Comment_3100638

    Your joking with Hag right? 😂

    Part of the criteria was fun to play as and against lol

    tbf if you know how to counter hag it's fun

    Messing with a hag all game is one of the most hilarious things you can do as surv. Like watching her put a trap, then I just run over, angle myself properly and trigger it to make her swing straight into a wall. Priceless.

    some of them can't handle it and DC

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100744#Comment_3100744

    wait wait wait. wait wait wait. Did you just. Put. Nurse. As the most well designed Killer In the game.

    Yes. She has the most balanced and well-designed killer power in the game, because she cannot auto-win on tiles, but will not auto-lose on tiles. She has the ability to make all areas in the game a 50/50 that comes down to which of the two players is better at mindgaming the other.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100761#Comment_3100761

    Yes. She has the most balanced and well-designed killer power in the game, because she cannot auto-win on tiles, but will not auto-lose on tiles. She has the ability to make all areas in the game a 50/50 that comes down to which of the two players is better at mindgaming the other.

    are we playing the same videogame

  • @Zexbunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100738#Comment_3100738

    I completely disagree. Trickster has spray, making it much harder to dodge. If Trickster has no obstacles, you're pretty much dead. If huntress has no obstacles, you can try to avoid her hatchets and not have it be a waste

    Also, while they're even on health states, a huntress wasting 4 hatchets on you is much more rewarding than Trickster wasting 12 knives on you.

    Well if Trickster wastes 12 knives on you and hits the other 12, he has 20 knives left which is around the time a Trickster should probably reload (same with the Huntress having to reload). I think a Trickster may have to reload more than a Huntress after each chase though, but again this entirely depends on the player and map situation. I still think any ranged killer with good aim will down you quick at a dead zone and up close. Any killer that really wants to down a survivor in chase eventually will too.

    I would say Trickster is susceptible to loops in a different way compared to Huntress though. Where she loses her speed for holding her hatchet, Trickster's knives have worse accuracy and I'm not talking about recoil (although that does play a part). His knives never shoot directly towards the center, they shoot a bit to the left or right depending on the hand throwing. This is why it is hard for a Trickster to run a loop close to the walls without one of his throwing hands throwing a knife at the wall despite aiming at the survivor. This is also why it is possible to throw a Trickster off by running in front of him and making him miss knives, although that isn't advisable as they could just back up.

    But putting that into practice with a loop, a Trickster can't run a loop very tight unless he wants to m1, which could gain you distance on the loop especially if the Trickster doesn't play mechanically efficiently (putting the knives down the moment he doesn't need it). I like to play mindgames in loop chases or use small holes to throw through because of this and if it works, I am rewarded with knife hits.

    But regardless, I understand those that don't have fun playing against him since his power can be overwhelming at times. I do think he can still be beaten with a planned escape route and using his weaknesses against him, but that can be said about every killer since they all have unique playstyles and ways of countering.

‹ 1 2