The New Borrowed Time (Deep Wounds) gives me way more incentive to camp/tunnel...
Please note that this is coming from my Killer side.
In the interest of transparency, I will 100% be running this on my Survivor builds.
Since the perk now uses DW, there's literally ZERO reason not to tunnel the person that was unhooked, as the amount of effort in downing the unhooker (if they're healthy) is literally the same, without the potential of the unhooked BT survivor going down for you to search for after you get the unhooker. Plus, they're up a hook state, which instantly makes switching a bad move now.
It also provides extra incentive to camp the BT user out of the game on the first hook, as you'll lose more than two minutes restarting a chase from scratch (thanks to the DW) over multiple unhooking instances.
I could be wrong, but when I'm playing to win, this will be my mindset, most likely.
In a game that's all about time management, this seems like a doozy, haha.
Comments
I'm sure there's a link between them saying you need to camp/tunnel to win and them saying that killer is impossible to win.
If you use RM or DL then tunnel away, because you have a perk that tells you to do it. But if you don't use them and still tunnel, unless the survivors put you in that position you're just a trash killer. Sorry it's the truth.
Anyone can play however he/she wants. You also agree on that, as stating that under certain circumstances X or Y are valid too, so why the finger pointing/head shaking? Freddy player in question may or may not (we certainly don't know) consider sitting by a hook sleeping people and equipping NOED just as valid as your X or Y.
Yeah. I was especially distraught regarding the difficulty of killer when I made a previous topic (locked, obviously), demonstrating that you can just camp your way through all the ranks as Leatherface, stress free.
Nice try at putting words in someone else's mouth, though, sir/madam.
I've also noticed that someone has changed a particularly toxic comment on their profile after getting called out for it. Red Hill Zone evaded, Sanic.
So it's ok to "ruin" someone else's game if the perks you're using makes the game that much more unbearable for the survivors left on the map after you tunnel some poor soul to activate it?
Makes sense with zero leaps in logic.
I advocate for ruin and noed when some obtuse people think they are op or crutches as they say. Still I don't use any hex now because isn't efficient for me, especially these two that are almost all the time being cleansed away (yes noed too won't even activate). So I stopped completely but still advocate for both
Same for tunnel or camping, I use spirit and it's worthless camp with her, still advocate for these two because are easy to counter
I play mostly survivor but also killer which give me an easy way to think how to counter certain things. Something many people don't see it in this forum since they play just one side
Spirit definitely struggles less than certain other killers due to her crazy mobility
There is a big difference between "I need to do this" and "I want to do this". Like the perk literally requires you to kill the guy. If you can't see that difference then IDK what else to say to you.
I can see why camping / tunnelling is more of a necessity with the changes to BT (implementation of DW and mending) - it seems it's the most time-efficient strategy to remove the one with BT simply because that survivor/victim can potentially have you waste a lot more time on chases and on top of that, actually undo the work that you're trying to do as killer - namely kill.
I agree with @Raccoon on this one, and I'd like to point out that no one should tell anyone how to play, UNLESS they're asking for advice on how to improve. It might be that it's not fun to be camped or tunnelled, but thats just how the game is designed, and anyone that has a problem with that, then take it up with the devs, not the player. As long as the players aren't abusing or exploiting an unintended mechanic to gain an unfair advantage, then no one really has any business in telling how another player should play. Camping and tunnelling from the survivors/victims perspective certainly isn't fun and there isn't much they can do about it, but neither is there for the killer if the situation calls for camping or tunnelling, and with the changes to BT, it very much so promotes/encourages exactly that. There are also other additions coming that encourages camping, like Breakdown and saboteur combo. Speaking of abusing/exploiting unintended mechanics, is one those things the devs really a notorious for sanctioning things that should be considered an exploit. Which says something about the devs, don't it?
Will insidious finally be meta??? 0_0
I believe they stated on stream (when it was Cote and MacClean) that they have not even tested what a few people running Sabo/BD can do in a match.
INSIDIOUS/MONSTROUS SHRINE META, PLZ
I literally say that exact thing using an example.
You literally cannot (knowingly) tunnel the BT user without first chasing, hitting, and activating the perk on the freshly unhooked player.
If anything, people will start targeting the unhooked player in order to verify the existence of a BT user after the buff.
Playing at high ranks on the PTB is exactly what lead to the creation of this topic.
Doing what I listed was 100% the easiest way for me to 4K using my preferred killers (all garbage tier
).
Have you played at high ranks on the PTB? What was your experience regarding this buff?
I'm used to it. Some people are just like that.
I explained it to you before, but I repeat myself just for others to read it, because getting to you is a lost cause.
I want to have the OPTION to camp someone.
All those "fix camping" complains just want the killer to get FORCED to give free, riskless unhooks EVERY time.
But I as a killer have to make the tactical decision if I want to stay or not.
There are a lot of situations where it just makes sense to stay, position of the hook near other objectives, visible signs of survivor nearby, badly executed bait, the team played overly altruistic before, the victim was very annoying to catch in the first place, etc.
All these reasons to camp, can't be evaluated by a gamemechanic that is just made to "punish camper" for staying "near the hook".
Survivor have already enough options to deal with camper, but are entitled to safe every time, no matter what, because they see it as their "right" to get another chance.
I'm not so sure about this whole "new BT = Tunnel/Camp" mindset. Deep Wound seems to be the ultimate anti-tunnel status effect. If someone gets unhooked with the BT buff, you need to hit them twice, just like anyone else. Before that buff, you could just chase them while they bleed out.
Instead of finding a way to deal with it, I'd just try to avoid it by not even allowing them to trigger it. Many Killers can proximitiy camp outside of BT radius and then quickly head back to the hook to land a hit: Spirit, Nurse, Billy, Hag and Huntress for example. With Freddy, Wraith and Pig you can completly ignore BT because you won't have a terror radius.
Doctor, Leatherface, Myers and Clown are probably the most affected by the new BT, which is kinda sad. Those Killers didn't really deserve indirect nerfs but ehh... I doubt that the devs thought this through.
The most simple tactic to keep BT from getting trigger is even simpler: hard camping.
I the victim does not get unhooked = no invu frames, no free exhaustion relief, no risk of BT.
Unfortunate, but true.
But that would be very toxic and against the Survivors rule book!
And the complains about camping will skyrocket and the Devs will cave in and bring a mechanic that will force killer to leave the hook.
I know.
Man, just imagine if they'd adjust the emblems so it will punish campers by removing emblem progression? Then they'll give Survivors invulnerability during unhook animation. They'll buff adrenaline so it will only trigger once unhooked and then they'll buff BT so it will not get survivors in dying state while in a chase! And to top all of that, they implement a perk that gives survivors 100% chance to unhook themselves!
....wait a second....
I got a better solution, I won't play killer this entire patch at all and probably many others will do the same with these insane survivor buffs.
Can you please keep this on topic - categorising a person by their avatar? Really!?
Either discuss this like adults without the insults or passive aggressiveness or you leave me no option but to close the thread.
@Raccoon Maybe just go after the survivor thats unhooking and not the person thats being unhooked? Why are so many killers this stupid? And then the other survivor will waste time because they gonna heal with self-care. Just go after the survivor thats unhooking
Because switching targets is stupid.
Why should a killer go for the target that needs 2 hits to down, if there is one that only needs one?
Spreading out the hooks among the team is bad for the killer, since hooking once or twice doesn't mean anything.
But removing one survivor from the game is the best debuff you can achieve. Minus 25% effectiveness on the team.
You call that stupid?
@Wolf74 Well. I think you're stupid. Hit the survivor while his unhooking and then hit him again? It feels so bad for survivors to get tunneled and then go down again. Thats why they are buffing borrow time. Switch the target and you can play as myers, leatherface or hillbilly to instadown the survivor thats unhooking
They're too busy calling other people stupid to soak in another viewpoint, I guess.
Literal manifestation of my previous post, hahahah.
I 100% agree that it sucks to be the current weakest link and targeted, but that's completely irrelevant in terms of killer efficiency.
It's way more efficient and fun for everyone, to pressure the map and spread the damage. You failing to see this after several people have told you as much is your problem. Or continue to justify a boring manner of playing, which only highlights your inability to play killer properly.
You can camp if you wish, but you should always expect to be flamed for doing so.
But yh you can stay near the first hook if you are that afraid of leaving.
Camping is staying around the same hooked survivor for the entire match, its not the same as going around him a little bit to ensure no one is gonna unhook him as soon as you leave the hook. I've never been called camper for doing that.
I know it feels bad, but as survivor you have a way out at least. You dont have that as killer unless you DC
over 100 posts on this thread, I am so spooked by this I slightly want to help
If you want to tunnel or camping, okay
Do what you want.