The New Borrowed Time (Deep Wounds) gives me way more incentive to camp/tunnel...
Please note that this is coming from my Killer side.
In the interest of transparency, I will 100% be running this on my Survivor builds.
Since the perk now uses DW, there's literally ZERO reason not to tunnel the person that was unhooked, as the amount of effort in downing the unhooker (if they're healthy) is literally the same, without the potential of the unhooked BT survivor going down for you to search for after you get the unhooker. Plus, they're up a hook state, which instantly makes switching a bad move now.
It also provides extra incentive to camp the BT user out of the game on the first hook, as you'll lose more than two minutes restarting a chase from scratch (thanks to the DW) over multiple unhooking instances.
I could be wrong, but when I'm playing to win, this will be my mindset, most likely.
In a game that's all about time management, this seems like a doozy, haha.
Comments
Damn Rocky 1 - 4 were amazing.
Balboa as next survivor please.
Clubber Lang as next killer.
"I pity tha fool who hides in my lockers"
He'd have a 1-Hit Down, but auto-lose after 10 minutes :P
Camping is staying around the same hooked survivor for the entire match, its not the same as going around him a little bit to ensure no one is gonna unhook him as soon as you leave the hook. I've never been called camper for doing that.
Camping is already frowned upon by the devs so stop saying my own rules.
I don't camp hooks and BT rarely ever effects me. If it happens to proc and I hit the guy I usually let them go because they need to heal (even more so now with how Deep Wounds works). The moment I see the timer I usually got the guy that made the save. Why? Well 9 times outta 10 they will let me hit them to take aggro off their friend. Then all I need to do is land 1 more hit on them within 32/40 seconds (if I'm running Sloppy) and the other guy is as good as dead. I'll hook the saver and see the BT guy healing with BBQ. He is almost definitely still injured, and now I can go after him.
But if you just chase down the BT guy what is the saver going to do? Yep, a gen! They don't need to heal or anything, so you are cucking yourself by doing that. It's 1000 times more efficient to go after the saver because the BT guy needs to heal before he does anything. And if he runs to the others for heals even better because now they stop doing gens to heal, and with BBQ I will see all 3 of you and if I get there before you heal now I can really pressure you by injuring more of you.
If you really think tunneling the BT guy is the most efficient way to play it's obvious you never tried to do anything else. If you did you'd immediately see that's the worst decision you could make as killer.
insidious new meta?
Are they taking back what they've said before, as in "camping is a strategy too"? And as long as the mechanics of the game allow it, it's game. May not be the best strategy or the most efficient one, but a valid one too, under certain circumstances.
In my opinion, the only real "rules" every player must follow are the ones concerning the bannable offenses. But anyone can choose to think and play however they see fit.