WHAT'S YOUR DREAM CHAPTER? (EDIT: Devs, there are some great ideas here! Take them!)

I'm still hoping that someday I'll get a "The Mummy" (1999) chapter. Give me an Ancient Egypt map, Rick O'Connell as a Survivor, and Imhotep as the Killer. I've also heard a lot of people want an "Alien" chapter, with a spaceship map (complete with windows for an amazing space view) and Ellen Ripley as a Survivor. That would also be really cool. What about you? Do you have any licensed (or even original) chapter ideas?

Unknown.jpeg


Comments

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I mean to have a health patch for a chapter...

    Making big changes to: Maps, Killer Powers and Gens would be nice

    I'd like that too, tbh.

  • @steamed_hamzzz said:

    The Grudge/ Ju-on

    would be absolutely terrifying to play against Kayako, although I doubt we’ll ever get it since we already have two J-horror/ Onryo characters (Spirit & Sadako). I can only dream

    Jeepers Creepers would also be up there, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon. I doubt BHVR would want to associate themselves with that franchise given the directors history

    Oh jeez, I forgot about her. I can hear that creepy sound she makes in my head . . . *shudder*

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    Jaws. I want to see a shark, on land, flopping towards people menacingly. Not big booming flops, but like wobbling and smacking a fish on a table. It's power would be to dive into the ground and come at you as a fin, ripping through dirt and concrete alike.

    As long Quint says in the lobby, "Here lies the body of Mary Lee. Died at the age of 103. For 15 years she kept her virginity. Not a bad record for this vicinity."

    If Ash can say things, so can Quint.

  • For a licensed chapter my top 3 (in no particular order) are:

    1.) IT- I’d love Eddie and Richie as the two Survivors with the other five Losers being legendaries, but I know it’s simpler to do Bill/Bev. I just think having it be Eddie and Richie would be a great way to bring in more LGBTQ+ characters plus I can only imagine the cool names those two would get for perks lol. “These Gazebos Are Bullshit!” (Iconic line), “Inhaler Poison” (or something along those lines), “Lover” (like his cast) for Eddie. “Beep Beep”, “R + E” (I feel like this would be an aura reading perk like Bond or something) “Trashmouth” (I believe that’s his nickname) for Richie. And then as every other IT fan has said: sewer map, 2017/19 Pennywise as Killer and Tim Curry Pennywise as Legendary. Characters from Chapter 2 though obviously.

    2.) Scooby-Doo. Velma and Daphne as Survivors with Fred and Shaggy as Legendaries. I know everyone wants Shaggy for the memes but IMAGINE the cosmetics Daphne could have and Velma getting her own perks just feels right to me. “Jinkies”, “Meddling Kids”, “Where’s My Glasses?” for Velma. “Jeepers”, “I’m No Damsel” (because Sarah Michelle Gellar reinvented Daphne’s character and we have to stan), “Ginger Ambition” (like blonde ambition…but she’s ginger. Weak I know) for Daphne. I would love the Werewolf castle as a map or Spooky Island from the live action movie. As for killer….not sure. Maybe the Witch Doctor? Or the Werewolf since that’s a highly requested killer (I agree).

    3.) Stranger Things 2- It may be a long shot, but I have hope lol. Netflix needs the money and the money is there for sure so who knows. Robin/Eddie or Joyce/Hopper as Survivors. Vecna as Killer. Starcourt Mall as map.

    If any of these happen catch me being an Eddie or Velma main lol. Jason is a close fourth, but that’s pretty much confirmed to happen on Behaviour’s end so we only have to worry about the lawsuit and license holder.

    As for original chapters I’d love a witch. No offense, Mikaela but I want someone to throw orbs of magic at me and cast spells and #########. Also, vampire, werewolf, banshee, any sort of classic horror monster. Castle map, beach map, jungle map. Anything visually different than the ones we have now. Or maybe even add onto the current realms. A village on the swamp, a soldier camp for Red Forest, the actual mountain for Ormond, etc.


    tl;dr- IT, Scooby-Doo, Stranger Things 2. Witch, Werewolf, Vampire, classic monster. Unique maps or expansions of currents realms

  • I am also dreaming of a mummy killer but not from the movie the mummy or any license. A original agyptic chapter with a pyramid map would be so sick. I am at the point where I prefer original chapters so much more cuz none of them was a let down so far.

  • Stranger things 🥺

  • @ApolloVanderwaal4 said:

    For a licensed chapter my top 3 (in no particular order) are:

    1.) IT- I’d love Eddie and Richie as the two Survivors with the other five Losers being legendaries, but I know it’s simpler to do Bill/Bev. I just think having it be Eddie and Richie would be a great way to bring in more LGBTQ+ characters plus I can only imagine the cool names those two would get for perks lol. “These Gazebos Are Bullshit!” (Iconic line), “Inhaler Poison” (or something along those lines), “Lover” (like his cast) for Eddie. “Beep Beep”, “R + E” (I feel like this would be an aura reading perk like Bond or something) “Trashmouth” (I believe that’s his nickname) for Richie. And then as every other IT fan has said: sewer map, 2017/19 Pennywise as Killer and Tim Curry Pennywise as Legendary. Characters from Chapter 2 though obviously.

    2.) Scooby-Doo. Velma and Daphne as Survivors with Fred and Shaggy as Legendaries. I know everyone wants Shaggy for the memes but IMAGINE the cosmetics Daphne could have and Velma getting her own perks just feels right to me. “Jinkies”, “Meddling Kids”, “Where’s My Glasses?” for Velma. “Jeepers”, “I’m No Damsel” (because Sarah Michelle Gellar reinvented Daphne’s character and we have to stan), “Ginger Ambition” (like blonde ambition…but she’s ginger. Weak I know) for Daphne. I would love the Werewolf castle as a map or Spooky Island from the live action movie. As for killer….not sure. Maybe the Witch Doctor? Or the Werewolf since that’s a highly requested killer (I agree).

    3.) Stranger Things 2- It may be a long shot, but I have hope lol. Netflix needs the money and the money is there for sure so who knows. Robin/Eddie or Joyce/Hopper as Survivors. Vecna as Killer. Starcourt Mall as map.

    If any of these happen catch me being an Eddie or Velma main lol. Jason is a close fourth, but that’s pretty much confirmed to happen on Behaviour’s end so we only have to worry about the lawsuit and license holder.

    As for original chapters I’d love a witch. No offense, Mikaela but I want someone to throw orbs of magic at me and cast spells and #########. Also, vampire, werewolf, banshee, any sort of classic horror monster. Castle map, beach map, jungle map. Anything visually different than the ones we have now. Or maybe even add onto the current realms. A village on the swamp, a soldier camp for Red Forest, the actual mountain for Ormond, etc.

    tl;dr- IT, Scooby-Doo, Stranger Things 2. Witch, Werewolf, Vampire, classic monster. Unique maps or expansions of currents realms

    Definitely not a "tl;dr." All good or interesting ideas. And I 1000% agree about Vecna. I made a whole post about that.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I am also dreaming of a mummy killer but not from the movie the mummy or any license. A original agyptic chapter with a pyramid map would be so sick. I am at the point where I prefer original chapters so much more cuz none of them was a let down so far.

    I'd be willing to compromise and have an original Mummy chapter--as long as I still get Rick as a Survivor lol I love that dude

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    Stranger things 🥺

    Me too, bud. Me too.

    Vecna needs to be a Killer. He's perfect for DBD.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032952#Comment_3032952

    I'd be willing to compromise and have an original Mummy chapter--as long as I still get Rick as a Survivor lol I love that dude

    understandable :D

  • I made a whole post about that. Can you imagine how sweet the mori would be???? It'd be the coolest mori in DBD

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    I'm still hoping that someday I'll get a "The Mummy" (1999) chapter. Give me an Ancient Egypt map, Rick O'Connell as a Survivor, and Imhotep as the Killer. I've also heard a lot of people want an "Alien" chapter, with a spaceship map (complete with windows for an amazing space view) and Ellen Ripley as a Survivor. That would also be really cool. What about you? Do you have any licensed (or even original) chapter ideas?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5X510UC4MQX0/unknown.jpeg

    my "dream" chapter would be NOES (bad pun, sorry.)


    For real though? Alien.

  • Chapter: Saturday Night Live


    Killer:. The Thing That Wouldn't Leave.


    Perks should revolve around draining survivor resources.


    Mori: Remote control which DC's survivors.

    SWFs may never be toxic after a round against The Thing That Wouldn't Leave.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3032674#Comment_3032674

    Who would you want to be the Killer in Castlevania? Poor Vlad just wanted a normal life with his wife . . . he's too sympathetic for me haha

    Theres so many posibillitys tbh.

  • image.png

    Pirate killer that can summon Ghost/Skeleton Pirates to aid him like Nemesis.


    Able to create whirlpools of water to trap a survivor and use his sword to cut the air to send a cutting wind projectile.

  • @BigFatAl said:

    Chapter: Saturday Night Live

    Killer:. The Thing That Wouldn't Leave.

    Perks should revolve around draining survivor resources.

    Mori: Remote control which DC's survivors.

    SWFs may never be toxic after a round against The Thing That Wouldn't Leave.

    I mean, you had a GOLDEN opportunity here . . .

    200.gif


  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/THPEIV8W2A11/image.png

    Pirate killer that can summon Ghost/Skeleton Pirates to aid him like Nemesis.

    Able to create whirlpools of water to trap a survivor and use his sword to cut the air to send a cutting wind projectile.

    Holy ######### that is cool!

  • Friday the 13th for sure, with Tommy Jarvis as survivor and outfits for each part. I would love to see part 7 Jason in dbd

  • @RisingTron said:

    IT, based off of IT: Chapter 2, with the adult versions of the Loser's club.

    Pennywise as the killer. With an ultra-rare skin that transforms him into the OG Tim Curry Pennywise

    Bill Denbrough and Beverly Marsh as the survivors.

    With legendary skins for Ben, Eddie, Richie, and Mike. Yes that's a lot of legendary skins on one character, but yes, I would buy all of them in a heartbeat. (And since it's based off the adult versions I left out Stanley...since...you know.)

    And I'd love a map that's the sewer system beneath the town.

    And this a random one, that I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't care for. But Coraline.

    The Other Mother would be a sick killer and she has a dope design.

    https://imgix.ranker.com/list_img_v2/1560/3061560/original/3061560?w=817&h=427&fm=jpg&q=50&fit=crop

    And they could give us an adult version of Coraline. But I wouldn't be against it just being a paragraph with only The Other Mother as the killer and no survivor.

    Coraline was one of my favorite books as a kid, and I loved the movie, too. I'd go for it.

  • A Wendigo chapter, I feel like it'd be badass honestly

  • Honestly this might sound strange but I like the non licensed characters generally better. They are more free to do what they want with them and such and I love a lot of their lore.

    My dream chapter would be some killers becoming survivors because they made different decisions in life in an alternate universe which lead them to their near deaths or death.

    - Rin/Spirit would not be filled with vengeance only sadness and her father would become a killer as the entity initially planned. She would in turn become a survivor.

    - Philip/Wraith would not kill Azarov but try and flee the scene and report what he had done and be killed by Azarov who then becomes a killer.

    - Joey and Susie of the Legion would not stab the cleaner and defy Frank and Julie which leads to their deaths/being taken by the entity. Yeah I've put this idea up a few times. In their case an alternative killer could be made.

  • Jurrasic Park/Dino crisis

  • The Grudge. But that's probably never going to happen because of some similarities to Ringu.

    I want Sarah Michelle Gellar as a Survivor and of course, the one and only Kayako Saeki.

  • Control.

    Survivor: Jesse Faden. At least one of her perks has to be the Hotline, the bakelite phone with a direct connection to the astral plane and the Board. Probably some conditional perk where, if you complete the right actions, the Hotline starts ringing. If you can answer it before the killer does, you gain a substantial buff of some kind while the Board is directly assisting you.

    Killer: The Hiss. Various bodies are suspended around the map. The killer can assume control of a body to hunt survivors, and can switch at will, though there will be a small delay. Perhaps something can be done with the chant, too, like a slow build up of a negative effect, allowing the Hiss to passively pressure certain locations.

    Map: The Oldest House. A sprawling, Escher-like office complex. Wider, open spaces broken up by cubicles, and a few staircases and drops.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    I'm still hoping that someday I'll get a "The Mummy" (1999) chapter. Give me an Ancient Egypt map, Rick O'Connell as a Survivor, and Imhotep as the Killer. I've also heard a lot of people want an "Alien" chapter, with a spaceship map (complete with windows for an amazing space view) and Ellen Ripley as a Survivor. That would also be really cool. What about you? Do you have any licensed (or even original) chapter ideas?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5X510UC4MQX0/unknown.jpeg

    Stranger Things Chapter 2

  • @Mekochi said:

    A Wendigo chapter, I feel like it'd be badass honestly

    I just made a post about that lol some people felt Hag was too closely related/a possible Wendigo herself. I disagreed.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    Honestly this might sound strange but I like the non licensed characters generally better. They are more free to do what they want with them and such and I love a lot of their lore.

    My dream chapter would be some killers becoming survivors because they made different decisions in life in an alternate universe which lead them to their near deaths or death.

    - Rin/Spirit would not be filled with vengeance only sadness and her father would become a killer as the entity initially planned. She would in turn become a survivor.

    - Philip/Wraith would not kill Azarov but try and flee the scene and report what he had done and be killed by Azarov who then becomes a killer.

    - Joey and Susie of the Legion would not stab the cleaner and defy Frank and Julie which leads to their deaths/being taken by the entity. Yeah I've put this idea up a few times. In their case an alternative killer could be made.

    I thought the same thing about Spirit before!

    You had some excellent ideas. I really hope the Devs do that, maybe for the next anniversary/event since it's so unique.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3033122#Comment_3033122

    I thought the same thing about Spirit before!

    You had some excellent ideas. I really hope the Devs do that, maybe for the next anniversary/event since it's so unique.

    I put this idea in more detail about a week ago in the creations section more focused on Joey and his perks. Was going to do the others too but it didn't get much traction. May at some point commission someone to draw some of them or all of them as survivors because pretty pictures tends to inspire people more then lines of text.

  • I just want Stranger Things back with:

    Killer: Vecna | Map: Upside Down Hawkins | Survivors: Robin & Eddie or Joyce & Hopper and the other two as legendary skins

    Other than that: Misery, It or The shining (all by Stephen King)

  • @Anniehere said:

    The Grudge. But that's probably never going to happen because of some similarities to Ringu.

    I want Sarah Michelle Gellar as a Survivor and of course, the one and only Kayako Saeki.

    I'd love Sarah Michelle Gellar as a Survivor, but I feel like I'd always see her as Buffy and it's annoying DS wouldn't be her perk lol

  • can't remember if i've said it in this thread or not but i still really want a soma chapter.

    image.png

    simon jarrett for the survivor

    image.png

    terry akers for the killer

    image.png

    site upsilon for the map (i'd take theta too. any of the sites really)

    i know it'll probably never happen but i still really want it. hell, maybe if an amnesia chapter happens (which is a lot more likely) we can at least get a legendary or two.

  • Until dawn

    Bring out the more modernized horror licenses

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3033173#Comment_3033173

    I'd love Sarah Michelle Gellar as a Survivor, but I feel like I'd always see her as Buffy and it's annoying DS wouldn't be her perk lol

    Thinking about it, she can be very aggressive =)

  • a505f140-847a-428a-9ca5-031a5b0dd970_text.gif

    Whatever gave you that idea? 😏

  • @AnneBonny said:

    can't remember if i've said it in this thread or not but i still really want a soma chapter.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BFPTID8ZQNY0/image.png

    simon jarret for the survivor

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HVXIRGY6DV4G/image.png

    terry akers for the killer

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9LOOXF081A1Y/image.png

    site upsilon for the map (i'd take theta too. any of the sites really)

    i know it'll probably never happen but i still really want it. hell, maybe if an amnesia chapter happens (which is a lot more likely) we can at least get a legendary or two.

    That's really cool. The pictures also were good and helpful. I wasn't familiar with Soma.

  • @Maperson said:

    Chucky and Andy, can't imagine how many new animations we would get, would be so unique

    Serious question. What would the animation be for Chucky carrying a Survivor to the hook?

  • Oh boy, I have a lot of killers I really want in this game, but most of them will probably never see the light of day because they really don't fit as horror staples.

    • The killer from Persona 4 (as to not spoil anything). Despite not being horror driven, the game has a great focus on fog and the plot is basically a murder-mistery.
    • The wendigo from Until Dawn, specifically because I would like to see a killer that has to rely entirely on audio qeues.
    • The bloater from TLOU, I could see him working very well with some sort of short dash power and a side power relating to the spores he launches.
    • Jacket from Hotline Miami, there is a lot of potential with his power.
    • Any of the family members from RE7, but that would probably not be a great idea since we are getting Wesker soon.
    • Scarecrow from DC comics, having a reality altering power would be super cool.
  • Pitch Black chapter with a Bioraptor as the killer.

  • @vanGlasse1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2965016#Comment_2965016

    I don't know how it is in terms of negotiation for the rights, but I'd say the devs have at least some interest on it judging by its inclusion on various of the previous polls about what the community would like in game, and it also has some popularity according to some other community polls! Hopefully we get the chanceto see MacReady in game at least.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IZUIIHSJ7TNG/image.png

    this one was from January btw

    This is just gross

  • Resident Evil Chapter with Resident Evil characters. Not a Resident Evil chapter with 4 original characters and 1 Resident Evil character like we already got.

  • Glad you asked. 😉

    Well, we already talked about The Mummy and Until Dawn - and I'm a huge Alien fan as well.

    For a more... "out there" one, I'll say... Danganronpa!

    Monokuma would have to be changed to look more realistic and not 2D to suit the style of course.

  • @Persephone_ said:

    Glad you asked. 😉

    Well, we already talked about The Mummy and Until Dawn - and I'm a huge Alien fan as well.

    For a more... "out there" one, I'll say... Danganronpa!

    Monokuma would have to be changed to look more realistic and not 2D to suit the style of course.

    Never heard of it! I had to look it up. Definitely out there lol, but I think it'd be fun!

  • @Slowpeach said:

    Honestly this might sound strange but I like the non licensed characters generally better. They are more free to do what they want with them and such and I love a lot of their lore.

    My dream chapter would be some killers becoming survivors because they made different decisions in life in an alternate universe which lead them to their near deaths or death.

    - Rin/Spirit would not be filled with vengeance only sadness and her father would become a killer as the entity initially planned. She would in turn become a survivor.

    - Philip/Wraith would not kill Azarov but try and flee the scene and report what he had done and be killed by Azarov who then becomes a killer.

    - Joey and Susie of the Legion would not stab the cleaner and defy Frank and Julie which leads to their deaths/being taken by the entity. Yeah I've put this idea up a few times. In their case an alternative killer could be made.

    The Entity does come off as abusive towards Wraith. I imagine it using figures from his past to torment him. The same goes for Spirit.


    Joey and Susie feared Frank and adults in their lifetime. The Entity used Frank's rage and the Legion's fear of authority to keep them in line.


    The Entity would probably destroy his prized killers rather than let them become survivors. I picture former killer having overpowered perks which would expose the Entity and the other killers.

  • @BigFatAl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3033122#Comment_3033122

    The Entity does come off as abusive towards Wraith. I imagine it using figures from his past to torment him. The same goes for Spirit.

    Joey and Susie feared Frank and adults in their lifetime. The Entity used Frank's rage and the Legion's fear of authority to keep them in line.

    The Entity would probably destroy his prized killers rather than let them become survivors. I picture former killer having overpowered perks which would expose the Entity and the other killers.

    This is an alternative universe. The original versions of these characters would still exist, therefore they aren’t former killers turned survivors, they were never killers in the first place because they made a different choice in their life. Therefore it is possible to have a Spirit and Rin in the same trial despite being the same person. Similar to how you can have multiple copies of one survivor.

    Like we know for a fact due to licensed characters that there are multiple universes the entity draws from. They simply can’t all co-exist.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3035923#Comment_3035923

    This is an alternative universe. The original versions of these characters would still exist, therefore they aren’t former killers turned survivors, they were never killers in the first place because they made a different choice in their life. Therefore it is possible to have a Spirit and Rin in the same trial despite being the same person. Similar to how you can have multiple copies of one survivor.

    Like we know for a fact due to licensed characters that there are multiple universes the entity draws from. They simply can’t all co-exist.

    I, for one, really like the idea. I always felt bad for Rin especially. Seeing her as a Survivor would be very cool--and very weird when she's up against Spirit.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3035934#Comment_3035934

    I, for one, really like the idea. I always felt bad for Rin especially. Seeing her as a Survivor would be very cool--and very weird when she's up against Spirit.

    Spirit is so consumed with hate she sees her other self as cowardly. Extra terrifying for survivor Rin though. Having a dark version of yourself, someone who knows your darkest thoughts and desires and you know you could have become them coming after you? Yeah…

    If I find someone to commission this idea, I’ll start with Rin first. I might even make a new post in creations detailing my perk ideas for her if she were a survivor like I did for Joey.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3035965#Comment_3035965

    Spirit is so consumed with hate she sees her other self as cowardly. Extra terrifying for survivor Rin though. Having a dark version of yourself, someone who knows your darkest thoughts and desires and you know you could have become them coming after you? Yeah…

    If I find someone to commission this idea, I’ll start with Rin first. I might even make a new post in creations detailing my perk ideas for her if she were a survivor like I did for Joey.

    I think you should create a post about it. I think it's a really cool idea, and I really want to see it in the game.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/THPEIV8W2A11/image.png

    Pirate killer that can summon Ghost/Skeleton Pirates to aid him like Nemesis.

    Able to create whirlpools of water to trap a survivor and use his sword to cut the air to send a cutting wind projectile.

    Not exactly the same, but first thing that sprang to mind was Spinal from Killer Instinct.

    image.png


  • Peter Bishop and Olivia Dunham with The Porcupine Man from Fringe.


    We could have the labs at Massive Dynamic for a map.

1 2 3 4