Thoughts on Blight tech

Do you consider blight tech (ie. moonrushing, hug tech) exploits? If you do think they are exploits, why?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946724#Comment_2946724

    Wow they actually fixed Surveillance? Thats good to hear

    Yeah, in October 2020 and the bug was in the game from January 2019, 1 year and 9 months to fix it.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    Great news Mandy. That will definitely help against the bug abusers and stop the killer mains on forums for making their own assumptions like they are devs or something.

    :(

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946730#Comment_2946730

    Yeah, in October 2020 and the bug was in the game from January 2019, 1 year and 9 months to fix it.

    What about the bug when gen regresses to 0% and turns yellow even if noone touches it?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946735#Comment_2946735

    What about the bug when gen regresses to 0% and turns yellow even if noone touches it?

    That was changed on June 2021 altough I didnt consider the yellow gen after 0% a bug, it did what the descryption said, "once it stops regressing it goes yellow for X seconds", it never specified it had to be interrupted by a Survvior, I consider the change more of a QoL buff.

    Ive been using Surveillance since the first change in 2019, I love the perk and the first time I used it I always tought the whole "white at 0%" was a bug but since they took that much time to fix it I started to think "maybe whats wrong is the descryption alltogether and this is intended" I can understand Blight mains who think of the Hug bug the same, its been there for a long time and you just get used to see and use it because its the new normal.

    P.D. I didnt complain when Surveillance got fixed because deep inside I always tought it was bugged, even if it took almost 2 years.

  • @MandyTalk So players spend many hours to learn the hug tech but now you guys are removing it? ahh

  • @Mandy said:

    To stop the argument that is brewing here, "hug tech" is not intended and is classed as a bug and will be fixed.

    It should be a feature tbh.

  • It might get addressed. After they release 50 more Meg skirts, and Claudette has another 20 sets of wigs.

  • It'll be a great day once it is removed. Then, they can look at changing his add-ons.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    It'll be a great day once it is removed. Then, they can look at changing his add-ons.

    Hug tech is a more pressing issue than OP add-ons? Really?

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946814#Comment_2946814

    Hug tech is a more pressing issue than OP add-ons? Really?

    They can do it in either order for all I care. Just as long as the bottom line is it's done.

  • @kaskader said:

    @MandyTalk So players spend many hours to learn the hug tech but now you guys are removing it? ahh

    It's been stated as being a bug not a tech for a period of time.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    Do you consider blight tech (ie. moonrushing, hug tech) exploits? If you do think they are exploits, why?

    Definitely exploits cause they aren't intended. period.

  • I'm so glad they're going to fix it. Those hits always felt so cheap and undeserved.

  • "It's been stated as being a bug" 😅

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946792#Comment_2946792

    It's been stated as being a bug not a tech for a period of time.

    Can someone confirm that Blight not being able to bounce off of anything shorter than his waist is still considered a bug? McLean spent a very long time trying to fix it, but I haven’t heard anything about it since he left.

  • We can call it hug bug now.

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321750/thoughts-on-blight-tech

    Definitely exploits cause they aren't intended. period.

    I linked the video of McLean the guy who created Blight, refusing to call them exploits.

    I notice how everyone skips over that vid, LOL

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2933392#Comment_2933392

    It's usually not even a big deal. You either know how to deal with blight. Or you don't. I faced one last weekend who tried every hug tech you could think of and couldn't land a hit.

    Just another one of those killers. That you either know how to play against them. Or you don't. Because mindlessly holding W and pre drop does not work on this killer

    pallets is the only thing that saves you against a good blight...

  • If its being removed that is a sad amount of character depth being removed from the game, especially when he still has bugs since release still remaining, like his "double fatigue" bug for using your power even if its recharged the game just sometimes says no, on top of all the collision that still doesn't work, doesn't exist, "works too well" and such.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946848#Comment_2946848

    Can someone confirm that Blight not being able to bounce off of anything shorter than his waist is still considered a bug? McLean spent a very long time trying to fix it, but I haven’t heard anything about it since he left.

    he can bounce off stuff below his waist? With the exception of low snow piles on Ormound.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946864#Comment_2946864

    he can bounce off stuff below his waist? With the exception of low snow piles on Ormound.

    No! About 95% of Blight’s sliding bugs are due to objects that stick out below his waist! Ormond has snow piles that are too short, its tractor has a few places that are too short, the ski racks have places that are too short, and the shack has a rock wall along it that’s too short. There are also V shaped trees where the bottom of the V is too short, there are a lot of small objects like trash bags and boxes that are too short. Some basement walls (near the stairs) and some of the farm map walls have a really small horizontal board near the ground that’s too short. Some trees have roots that are too short. Some big rocks have parts that are too short, and I really could go on and on with examples that have broken collision because they are too short. In addition to that, there are objects Blight should be able to bounce off of, but if a short object is it front of it, then Blight slides off the short object. It doesn’t help that a lot of the reworked maps (like the farm maps) added a whole bunch of short objects, and Blight slides off of all of them.


    (The other 5% of Blight’s sliding bugs are objects that stick out above his shoulders. Ormond has a few rocks that stick out too high, and some maps have trees where some of the tree branches stick out too high.)

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    Do you consider blight tech (ie. moonrushing, hug tech) exploits? If you do think they are exploits, why?

    Personally, I don't think of it as exploits. Coming from a background in playing fighting games we spend a lot of time finding interesting ways to do things in game to get more mileage out of a character's kit. A lot of that stuff isn't part of the intended design, but isn't game breaking either and in some cases becomes purposeful design down the line.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    Mclean: "I hesitate to use the word exploit because someone gonna quote me out of context."

    https://twitter.com/TheYoonz/status/1369748948676665344

    Which happens in every one of these threads, he didnt want to label them exploits. Period.

    The "clipped out of context" is pretty appropriate because he's talking about cranking up dpi to do 180s, not moonrushing/hug tech.

  • I'mma be real honest here: 60-40 killer/survivor, identify as killer main - but the first time I got hit by a legit blight, And I mean just surreal movements, embarrassing me at killer shack in a fashion I hadn't experienced since maybe my first week of survivor games. When I saw that use of tech I did not feel like it cheapened the game. That it deserved to be called out and smeared and relentlessly complained about.

    I felt like a new player again.

    Unfortunately, I feel even Blight has its limits. The learning curve to beat Blight's fancy nonsense is considerably easier than the initial survivor learning curve.

  • @Mandy said:

    To stop the argument that is brewing here, "hug tech" is not intended and is classed as a bug and will be fixed.

    Hey Mandy, thanks for the official answer!

    However, there are some concerns I wanted to clarify. You are referring to Blight’s current interaction where if he starts "hugging" the object, the Rush will have no collision, correct? Cause I saw McLean has also mentioned that was a bug in the past. What I am concerned about is whether this will break sliding in general otherwise, because I distinctly remember it being mentioned as intended. For instance, "scoot slide" where you Rush at an object at an angle and/or while looking down so that you slide once you reach that object. https://clips.twitch.tv/InnocentSlipperyPlumageBuddhaBar-Ta89Ag9JLRGNVoRQ Furthermore, McLean talked about how one of the two collision components was attached to the camera specifically so Blight could reduce his collision. https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyBeautifulFoxTriHard-d5EklvyTscZluOLe Additionally, McLean also mentioned in another stream that QoL updates had been made to console because they were having a more difficult time of sliding than intended, and that they created a "sliding mechanic". https://www.twitch.tv/mclean_yep/clip/SullenProductiveAlmondPastaThat-3gIl_qyQ2UAmaqun I hope you can confirm that only hug tech is being fixed and the other forms of sliding will not be ruined.

    Second, I would like to ask you to reconsider the idea. While it is unintended, it is very simple to mindgame, and adds more depth and interactivity into Blight’s chases. Much like how Riven’s animation canceling was unintended but became accepted as a mechanic and balanced around because players found that much more fun and interactive. For instance, if Blight is at shack, he can either use bump logic or sliding. If he goes with the former, the survivor would pay attention to nearby environmental objects to mindgame his incoming path they predict. If Blight uses the latter, the survivor can either run inside the shack, or break LOS, and then peel away from the wall itself, as Blight’s sliding will make him unable to fully re-correct in that situation, as he is basically "glued" to the wall. There are many actual examples of survivors doing this sort of mindgame read against sliding I can show you as well.

  • thank God it's acknowledged now, it made versing blight such a miserable experience especially when they always run alc ring and speed addons so you cannot even react to it and it wasn't even hard or skillful to do like some claim. i really wish a day comes were blight is played normally (bug free) without his players abusing everything they can to get an advantage with the second most powerful killer in the game and call it fun/tech.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946792#Comment_2946792

    It's been stated as being a bug not a tech for a period of time.

    Ok, but its also really fun to try and learn and execute. Why not just let it become a feature? There are tons of things in this game that weren't intended yet were allowed to remain because the community enjoyed them.

  • @DEMONANCE said:

    thank God it's acknowledged now, it made versing blight such a miserable experience especially when they always run alc ring and speed addons so you cannot even react to it and it wasn't even hard or skillful to do like some claim. i really wish a day comes were blight is played normally (bug free) without his players abusing everything they can to get an advantage with the second most powerful killer in the game and call it fun/tech.

    Skill issue

  • In case anyone wants pictures to show how many broken collision objects there are in a game, here is an Ormond map. Everything the arrows touch have broken collision. Since we're showing interest in fixing Blight's bugs, can this please be fixed too? As a bonus, the 2nd picture shows the swamp map, to show that other maps have collision problems too.

    And if anyone says "wow that looks like a lot of pictures", imagine how Blight players feel, when they know that a map can have over 40 broken collision objects in them?


    Ormand issues 2.png swamp issues 2.png o17.png o16.png o15.png o14.png o13.png o12.png o11.png o10.png 09.png 08.png o7.png o6.png

    (The above picture shows 5 arrows to show that the entire side is broken)

    o5.png o4.png o3.png o2.png o1.png o19 minir.png o18 minir.png


  • @DrDeepwound said:

    Mclean: "I hesitate to use the word exploit because someone gonna quote me out of context."

    https://twitter.com/TheYoonz/status/1369748948676665344

    Which happens in every one of these threads, he didnt want to label them exploits. Period.

    I don't know why you tagged me but I'll respond. McLean is right in not using the word "exploit". It's because people will demand bans on something that isn't ban-worthy (in BHVR's eyes). It's still exploiting a BUG.

    I understand that people do not like being called cheaters which is why they don't want to be called exploiters. So what. It is what it is and they're fixing the BUG eventually so people can't EXPLOIT it anymore.

    Exploit a bug to achieve xxx.

    Use a bug to achieve xxx.

    Pick whichever you want.

  • @steezo_de said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946633#Comment_2946633

    I don't know why you tagged me but I'll respond. McLean is right in not using the word "exploit". It's because people will demand bans on something that isn't ban-worthy (in BHVR's eyes). It's still exploiting a BUG.

    I understand that people do not like being called cheaters which is why they don't want to be called exploiters. So what. It is what it is and they're fixing the BUG eventually so people can't EXPLOIT it anymore.

    Exploit a bug to achieve xxx.

    Use a bug to achieve xxx.

    Pick whichever you want.

    Hey man I guess BHVR now considers this stuff an exploit, I don't play Blight, I can barely hit a lethal rush, But I watch some Blight streamers and now labeling all the stuff they do as cheating takes awhile to settle in. I thought the slides off cars and stuff was neat, I can't do any of it but if you guys consider it cheating then I guess it is.

  • Does this mean hugging/curving walls/cars etc with billy is classed as a bug/exploit too?

  • The ppl already begging for hug tech to stay got me giggling a little i can't lie

  • @RisingTron said:

    The ppl already begging for hug tech to stay got me giggling a little i can't lie

    I don't know why you feel the need to belittle people of opposing opinions as "begging". I think that it would be better to turn it into an accepted mechanic from where it can be smoothed out and balanced around. It's well-received, adds interactivity to the chase for both sides, and is balanced/fairly simple to mindgame if you read it right, which I can prove as well with various clips of players doing exactly that in normal games.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947497#Comment_2947497

    I don't know why you feel the need to belittle people of opposing opinions as "begging". I think that it would be better to turn it into an accepted mechanic from where it can be smoothed out and balanced around. It's well-received, adds interactivity to the chase for both sides, and is balanced/fairly simple to mindgame if you read it right, which I can prove as well with various clips of players doing exactly that in normal games.

    Are y'all gonna be like this all the way up until it's finally removed...

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947498#Comment_2947498

    Are y'all gonna be like this all the way up until it's finally removed...

    I don't see the problem, it's easier to counter a good blight than it is to play a blight at high level no?

    Personally I find it more fun to verse a blight that pulls off hug techs etc than a pure bump logic blight.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    Do you consider blight tech (ie. moonrushing, hug tech) exploits? If you do think they are exploits, why?

    The forum majority is killer main, cuz killer mains don't have survivor friends to talk to (so they have to come to forums to be heard).

    Most people here will say it's ok, it's skill related, etc etc.

  • @Mandy said:

    To stop the argument that is brewing here, "hug tech" is not intended and is classed as a bug and will be fixed.

    Look forward to only Nurses and less killer players overall everyone :’)

    Watch Nurse nerf be next; really feels like self sabotage at this point lol!

    At least people will start to experience the suffering of console users where such mechanic abuse and control advantage that keep the game afloat aren’t applicable :)

    Don’t want to play killer because it’s a miserable experience; don’t want to sit through longer queue times as survivor than the game length :/

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2946549#Comment_2946549

    Look forward to only Nurses and less killer players overall everyone :’)

    Watch Nurse nerf be next; really feels like self sabotage at this point lol!

    At least people will start to experience the suffering of console users where such mechanic abuse and control advantage that keep the game afloat aren’t applicable :)

    Don’t want to play killer because it’s a miserable experience; don’t want to sit through longer queue times as survivor than the game length :/

    They've already done enough self sabotaging, there is really nothing to care anymore.

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947498#Comment_2947498

    Are y'all gonna be like this all the way up until it's finally removed...

    Be like what exactly? Wanting a rational discussion despite opposing views? Yes, I will.

    @Puddles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321750/thoughts-on-blight-tech

    The forum majority is killer main, cuz killer mains don't have survivor friends to talk to (so they have to come to forums to be heard).

    Most people here will say it's ok, it's skill related, etc etc.

    “Everyone that disagrees with me is a killer main who has no friends” is not the argument you think it is.

  • @Mandy said:

    To stop the argument that is brewing here, "hug tech" is not intended and is classed as a bug and will be fixed.

    Uh, killer mains must be in tears right now.

  • It is an exploit and I can't believe how it has remained in the game so long.

  • Just because a community manager said it doesn't mean its confirmed.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947608#Comment_2947608

    Just because a community manager said it doesn't mean its confirmed.

    Untitled Image

    I think you are in stage 1.


    Get ready to say goodbye to your little bug.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947608#Comment_2947608

    Just because a community manager said it doesn't mean its confirmed.

    They wouldn't be allowed to say it if it wasn't confirmed...

  • I wish any of the people criticizing hug tech would have actual conclusive evidence it is overpowered. Cause actual player data shows people mindgame it just fine at equal levels of play.

  • The fact you can see every stage in this very thread.

  • Honestly I don't really care whether they remove hug tech or not, I just want his op addons nerfed and that's all.

  • @MandyTalk Don't forget removing the hug tech is not only the ''simple bug fix'' It's a balance thing and a HUGE part of blight's power.

    Be prepared he's kill rate will probably drop down significantly (its like a removing mechanic) and i don't know if its something that balance designers want.

  • @kaskader said:

    @MandyTalk Don't forget removing the hug tech is not only the ''simple bug fix'' It's a balance thing and a HUGE part of blight's power.

    Be prepared he's kill rate will probably drop down significantly (its like a removing mechanic) and i don't know if its something that balance designers want.

    it’s also an unintended exploit lmao

1 2 3 4 5