Thoughts on Blight tech

Do you consider blight tech (ie. moonrushing, hug tech) exploits? If you do think they are exploits, why?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950267#Comment_2950267

    There are two S tier killers. Blight losing hug tech will still be strong but not longer have an answer to every single little terrain element. He will have to "chase normally" sometimes. That is good for the game balance.

    The quickest way to balance DBD is to :

    1. Nerf Blight and Nurse down to A tier. Note : (If nurse lost the ability to cancel long blinks by blinking into the floor, lost her "omega" addons, lose the ability to "look up" to get more blink, and one more minor thing I cant remember - and Nurse would have a LOT of ways to get countered).
    2. Nerf SWF ( example : you cant repeat any perk or item in a swf)
    3. Buff the 16/25 killers that are absolute trash.
    4. Give every killer some mobility option to move around the map or make maps smaller. In Monster Hunter world there were "holes in the wall" that only the monsters could use. Add these to certain map elements and bam all killers have "mobility". Or we could chop up all maps to be 9000m².
    5. Add server side checks to stop or highly limit the cheating. Had they done this two years ago the cheaters would likely not even be messing with DBD. Then again if they had thought about building the game with security in mind 6 years ago they wouldn't be in this mess either. (the game launched with the ability to edit your bloodpoints with : notepad.)

    The “answer” involves mindgaming regardless. He should be able to mindgame every single tile 50/50. Which Nurse and he can currently more or less do, which is good. Which is why neither should be touched outside of some busted addons.

  • I use a translator. DBD has 2 competitors, capable killers vs SWF. Аfter the nerf "hug tech", maybe the Nurse will be the last strong killer. On weak killers I will camp and tunnel.

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2948470#Comment_2948470

    There's a major difference between perks that are actually part of the game and work as intended, and bugs that aren't meant to be part of a killer's kit.

    I think we're starting to see the "Anger" stage of grief y'all.

    Having the hug tech increases the blights skill ceiling, I don’t see why you would have a problem with rewarding skillful play that took extra time to learn. Oh, and cute little middle school retort.

  • @Impailer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2948551#Comment_2948551

    Having the hug tech increases the blights skill ceiling, I don’t see why you would have a problem with rewarding skillful play that took extra time to learn. Unless, survivor main bias? Also, your gaslighting won’t work on me bud.

    It's been 2 months

  • @Impailer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2948551#Comment_2948551

    Having the hug tech increases the blights skill ceiling, I don’t see why you would have a problem with rewarding skillful play that took extra time to learn. Unless, survivor main bias? Also, your gaslighting won’t work on me bud.

    Create infinites in maps with a high skill ceiling. I don’t see the problem also

  • This thread is supposed to be dead but I still don't understand the hug tech removal it is a fun mechanic for both sides and a risky one that can be easily avoided playing Blight with bump logic is a way better and efficient way to get downs but it gets really boring there are alot of tricks and techs to playing Blight that's why he's one of the most satisfying/fun killers to play in the whole game.

    If you want to nerf Blight this is not the good way to do it you're just making him less fun to play as and to play against.

    I am sure most people will agree that Blight needs some of his BS add-ons nerfed/reworked C33 is busted and braindead I have no idea why this add-on is still in the game basekit Blight is fine just need to nerf some of his add-ons.

    Please BHVR listen to the players who play both sides and actually know what they're talking about there are no reasons to remove hug tech Blight will still be strong but just less fun to play as.

  • @Ayamir said:

    This thread is supposed to be dead but I still don't understand the hug tech removal it is a fun mechanic for both sides and a risky one that can be easily avoided playing Blight with bump logic is a way better and efficient way to get downs but it gets really boring there are alot of tricks and techs to playing Blight that's why he's one of the most satisfying/fun killers to play in the whole game.

    If you want to nerf Blight this is not the good way to do it you're just making him less fun to play as and to play against.

    I am sure most people will agree that Blight needs some of his BS add-ons nerfed/reworked C33 is busted and braindead I have no idea why this add-on is still in the game basekit Blight is fine just need to nerf some of his add-ons.

    Please BHVR listen to the players who play both sides and actually know what they're talking about there are no reasons to remove hug tech Blight will still be strong but just less fun to play as.

    It's literally an unintended bug. Why should they keep it when it's not intended.

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952576#Comment_2952576

    Eh. The funny part is. People really think removing hug tech and reducing add ons will stop blight. Blight is much less impacted by add ons then nurse. Nurse without range is basically trickster. Strong chase power, no map presence. Blight with no add ons is capable of map presence, and getting the same exact hits he can with speed, or anything else. I rarely. If ever use hug tech. People are going to be in for a rude awakening. If they think blights will stop dunking on them

    Fun fact, Blight is one of my favorite killers to go against. Unlike Nurse, I feel like I'm able to actually do stuff at loops other than hold w and pray. If the Blight has a better gaming chair oh well, I still find him fun. Get rid of his busted add-ons and the bug tech. Is he going to suddenly become F tier? No. Does anyone want him f tier? No.

    When I'm in a chase with Blight, I have options. I can actually apply what I've learned in my over 3k hours of playing and Blight plays loops in an engaging way. Nurse takes everything you've learned about the game and throws it out the window. Taking what should be the most fun and engaging aspect of the game (The chases.) and making them a snoozefest.

    Nurse and Blight shouldn't even be comparable because Blight is actually fun and engaging for both sides.

    But my question for y'all is: If Blight is so good without add-ons or hug tech...why fight so hard to keep the add-ons and hug tech? Like yeah, Blight is clearly very good without those things. But I'm getting so many mixed messages in this thread.

    "I don't even use hug tech. Only rarely. Blight doesn't need it." "Plz bhvr plz listen to us it's so fun and has a high skill ceiling it absolutely needs to stay."

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055345#Comment_3055345

    Because blight is the standard for what add ons SHOULD be. Useful, and strong. The speed add ons that people hate are fine. If you're playing against blight correctly. They arnt getting that hit basekit or speed. Adrenaline Vial is strong and has a fair trade off. Have good logic, or suffer.

    You're not going to find anyone who is being realistic. That says alch ring and c33 are ok. In fact I keep making the argument that blight has surpassed nurse as best. Rather it's basekit to basekit. Or CURRENT add ons to CURRENT add ons...As far as hug tech. I'm not sure why people fight for it. Maybe it's because they haven't learned how to use his power at all areas yet.

    As far as you feel you had a better chance against blight. I'm not sure what for blights your facing. But there's maybe 2 tiles that are safe against blight. Less depending on where those tiles are on the map. I'd argue nurse has more counter then blight does TBH

    Nurse having more counter than Blight? Is this bait or

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055329#Comment_3055329

    It's literally an unintended bug. Why should they keep it when it's not intended.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055307#Comment_3055307

    Fun fact, Blight is one of my favorite killers to go against. Unlike Nurse, I feel like I'm able to actually do stuff at loops other than hold w and pray. If the Blight has a better gaming chair oh well, I still find him fun. Get rid of his busted add-ons and the bug tech. Is he going to suddenly become F tier? No. Does anyone want him f tier? No.

    When I'm in a chase with Blight, I have options. I can actually apply what I've learned in my over 3k hours of playing and Blight plays loops in an engaging way. Nurse takes everything you've learned about the game and throws it out the window. Taking what should be the most fun and engaging aspect of the game (The chases.) and making them a snoozefest.

    Nurse and Blight shouldn't even be comparable because Blight is actually fun and engaging for both sides.

    But my question for y'all is: If Blight is so good without add-ons or hug tech...why fight so hard to keep the add-ons and hug tech? Like yeah, Blight is clearly very good without those things. But I'm getting so many mixed messages in this thread.

    "I don't even use hug tech. Only rarely. Blight doesn't need it." "Plz bhvr plz listen to us it's so fun and has a high skill ceiling it absolutely needs to stay."

    Because hug tech is one form of sliding. Hug tech specifically is unintentional, sliding is intentional.

    Bump logic: Uses more rushes, takes more time (because of needing to bounce around more), but offers way more versatility and reliability

    Sliding: Uses less rushes, takes less time, but way easier to counter (leaving the loop counters it) and reduces your options (sliding semi-"sticks" you to the surface, preventing the same near-complete free range of options bump logic gives)

    Having more options is fun, sliding in specific is fun (and hug tech is one of multiple ways to slide), removing hug tech will likely lead to bugs in bump logic and non-hug tech sliding (both of which are intentional mechanics), and it also increases mindgaming in chase. Now instead of the Blight mindgaming with just bump logic approach while starting at a loop, it’s bump logic approach OR hug tech, and the survivor can also respond to either.

    It would be better to just balance Blight around it than remove a neat little unintended result that will create more problems trying to remove it.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055388#Comment_3055388

    Not at all. Just speaking from a LOT of experience. I'm something like top 30 in blight hits with 19,000ish. Idk where I stand on nurse, but I have another 10,000 blink hits.

    If the survivors are good and can read the nurse and know how to force 50/50s as much as possible. It's going to be pretty hard. Not even the best nurses are mind readers. I promise you there's not anything I haven't seen at any given time as blight that I can't get a hit at though. There's only 2 tiles I'd consider safe against him. Out of curiosity....Which tiles do you think you can outplay a blight at ?

    In my personal opinion if a survivor knows how to flare and basically force the blight to not lunge its possible to outplay a blight on almost any tile.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952576#Comment_2952576

    Eh. The funny part is. People really think removing hug tech and reducing add ons will stop blight. Blight is much less impacted by add ons then nurse. Nurse without range is basically trickster. Strong chase power, no map presence. Blight with no add ons is capable of map presence, and getting the same exact hits he can with speed, or anything else. I rarely. If ever use hug tech. People are going to be in for a rude awakening. If they think blights will stop dunking on them

    This is actually very true. I always thought of myself as a blight who hug teched a lot. But after watching some old vods of me playing blight from tournaments and pubs, I am using bump logic wayyy more than I thought I was.

  • @_Pun1sh3r_ said:

    only change which blight needs is to be constantly paired with swfs on comms and then the devs would find out that he is actually underpowered and should get a buff

    What?! Blight is underpowered and needs a buff. hahahahaha, that's a good one mate.

  • Blah blah blah hug tech is just a flashy risky move that blights will throw chases to do and is only useful in a few places/getting around awful collision on maps and indoor maps.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950756#Comment_2950756

    What?! Blight is underpowered and needs a buff. hahahahaha, that's a good one mate.

    look i know that dead hard got nerfed and now you and your swf buddies have a lot of free time but responding to posts from half a year ago is sad even for swf main

1 … 3 4 5 ›