Should Nurse be nerfed?

I think her base kit is fine, but some of her add-ons are too much. You have allready the best base kit killer in the whole game, that ignores almost all defense of Survivors and you put on top of that good add-ons. That's just too much. I think versing a Nurse would be fine if you didn't see something like this (and it's not rare to see it).

image.png


Comments

  • No she should not. Her basekit is fine.

    Some of her more powerful addons should get reworked though.

  • Her Basekit is fine, Her addons on the other hand absolutely should be nerfed or reworked

  • @Marigoria said:

    No she should not. Her basekit is fine.

    Some of her more powerful addons should get reworked though.

    That's what I am saying. Nerf / rework her add-ons. Base kit is fine. So your answer is yes, because changing her add-ons (aka nerfing them) is also nerf overall to the killer max. power.

  • Some of her Add-ons need nerfs, Blight's aswell

  • Range only, nothing else.

  • I feel like stronger killers like nurse should have addons that don't do as much or are unique to add different play types. not just a lot of number increase.

  • Not until maps are redone to be more fair for all killers.

  • Range and third blink are the only issues. Recharge is balanced and good design.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I think her base kit is fine, but some of her add-ons are too much. You have allready the best base kit killer in the whole game, that ignores almost all defense of Survivors and you put on top of that good add-ons. That's just too much. I think versing a Nurse would be fine if you didn't see something like this (and it's not rare to see it).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4DMEZWO1NWDR/image.png

    Eh...

    Here's the thing.

    Nurse is absolutely too strong at certain skill levels, for sure. A big part of that comes from her addons.

    However, Nurse is also absolutely too weak at certain skill levels, as demonstrated by her kill rates.

    If BHVR are going to balance around gross kill rates (Wraith and Cenobite nerfs, for instance), then Nurse and Blight get to stay as-is - because otherwise you're endorsing a double standard.

    If they were willing to buff the lower B and the C and D tier killers, then go ahead and reign Nurse and Blight in. Otherwise...yeah, again - double standards generally aren't a good idea.

    Or - rework Nurse completely.

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Some of her Add-ons need nerfs, Blight's aswell

    I'd be curious to see Blight's kill rates now.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320145/should-nurse-be-nerfed

    Eh...

    Here's the thing.

    Nurse is absolutely too strong at certain skill levels, for sure. A big part of that comes from her addons.

    However, Nurse is also absolutely too weak at certain skill levels, as demonstrated by her kill rates.

    If BHVR are going to balance around gross kill rates (Wraith and Cenobite nerfs, for instance), then Nurse and Blight get to stay as-is - because otherwise you're endorsing a double standard.

    If they were willing to buff the lower B and the C and D tier killers, then go ahead and reign Nurse and Blight in. Otherwise...yeah, again - double standards generally aren't a good idea.

    Or - rework Nurse completely.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916466#Comment_2916466

    I'd be curious to see Blight's kill rates now.

    Even skill matches actually average out to ~2K for the Nurse.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320145/should-nurse-be-nerfed

    Eh...

    Here's the thing.

    Nurse is absolutely too strong at certain skill levels, for sure. A big part of that comes from her addons.

    However, Nurse is also absolutely too weak at certain skill levels, as demonstrated by her kill rates.

    If BHVR are going to balance around gross kill rates (Wraith and Cenobite nerfs, for instance), then Nurse and Blight get to stay as-is - because otherwise you're endorsing a double standard.

    If they were willing to buff the lower B and the C and D tier killers, then go ahead and reign Nurse and Blight in. Otherwise...yeah, again - double standards generally aren't a good idea.

    Or - rework Nurse completely.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916466#Comment_2916466

    I'd be curious to see Blight's kill rates now.

    Didn't all Killers have an average kill rate of 50%+, aside from Nurse and Trickster?

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916903#Comment_2916903

    Didn't all Killers have an average kill rate of 50%+, aside from Nurse and Trickster?

    Yuppers. And yes, I'm trying to make a point here regarding balancing off kill rates and why it's silly, because these are always going to be heavily distorted by newer players.

    @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916903#Comment_2916903

    Even skill matches actually average out to ~2K for the Nurse.

    Source?

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I think her base kit is fine, but some of her add-ons are too much. You have allready the best base kit killer in the whole game, that ignores almost all defense of Survivors and you put on top of that good add-ons. That's just too much. I think versing a Nurse would be fine if you didn't see something like this (and it's not rare to see it).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4DMEZWO1NWDR/image.png

    yes i agree her basekit is fine... for the most part. but her glitched range addons are just disgusting and should just be removed imo.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I think her base kit is fine, but some of her add-ons are too much. You have allready the best base kit killer in the whole game, that ignores almost all defense of Survivors and you put on top of that good add-ons. That's just too much. I think versing a Nurse would be fine if you didn't see something like this (and it's not rare to see it).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4DMEZWO1NWDR/image.png

    No

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916909#Comment_2916909

    Yuppers. And yes, I'm trying to make a point here regarding balancing off kill rates and why it's silly, because these are always going to be heavily distorted by newer players.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916908#Comment_2916908

    Source?

    I’ll link you back to a comment I made in a different thread where I had answered this before:

    @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2903743#Comment_2903743

    Just going to preface this with two things first. People usually only upload YouTube videos of wins, and most of the popular content creators are all fairly or amazingly good players, which brings me to the second point. MMR is unreliable, especially at that level of skill, because as even BHVR said, there is not enough of them for consistently even skill matches in pubs. This is why you see good players/said content creators dominate most matches regardless of side or build. Also 99% of videos saying "high mmr/rank 1/etc" are just clickbait garbage. It's pretty clear when players are actually good, because you will see how they change up playstyle against the Nurse. Same for how the Nurse responds to mindgames.

    I am not including scrims, as I still consider that part of tournament (since it is tournament practice). However, some videos will be against competitive players/partial competitive player teams in non-tournament settings (eg, pubs or non-tournament KYF, similar to how content creators will organize matches against each other). Finding genuinely even matches for those absurdly good players is very rare. Fully even builds are even rarer, so keep in mind that it won't apply necessarily. (Eg, some people going hyper top meta, others with less meta or non-meta perks, etc). Some are just 1v1 clips between good players, to show that they can run them for a good amount of time in an actual chase.

    <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ZHFVowqws> Fubs vs partial tournament SWF in regular non-tournament KYF

    <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_R-gkMwKpA> SupaAlf on MMR Test Day 3 (skill matching prioritized over queue time)

    <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnjfG_sLfQg> SupaAlf 1v1s (Yerv/SuperAaronNova/Vizion) - Vizion's runs are particularly of note here

    <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig_iQ5S-ABA> SupaAlf 1v1s (Fubs/Sweh/Otz)

    <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TKsT-s8Y8> Ayrun's gameplay versus a decent Nurse

    Hope that helps!

    Feel free to ask if there’s anything else you want to know. The above is referencing non-competitive, but if you’re curious about competitive where god Nurses and god SWFs play against each other regularly, the average there is 2K as well with standard tournament restrictions. When all restrictions are completely removed, Nurse’s kill rate average drops to a negative (less than 2/match). However, the above post is to show on the rare cases where MMR does give even matches or high level players do a KYF or whatever together, it very clearly evens out.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916915#Comment_2916915

    I’ll link you back to a comment I made in a different thread where I had answered this before:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905351#Comment_2905351

    Feel free to ask if there’s anything else you want to know. The above is referencing non-competitive, but if you’re curious about competitive where god Nurses and god SWFs play against each other regularly, the average there is 2K as well with standard tournament restrictions. When all restrictions are completely removed, Nurse’s kill rate average drops to a negative (less than 2/match). However, the above post is to show on the rare cases where MMR does give even matches or high level players do a KYF or whatever together, it very clearly evens out.

    Ah, I see. Yes, in those incredibly (I'd say artificially) 'fair' scenarios, then sure. But I don't think this is a good balance metric, much as I don't think gross kill rates are a good balance metric, for much the same reasons.

    When I say 'even skill', I'm talking about situations more representative of the way this game is played by the majority of the playerbase at intermediate MMRs. That would be the data I'd be most interested in, and sadly - I don't think we'll ever have access to it.

  • IMO just range addons should be nerfed

  • Her basekeit is far away from being fine. Killers just wanna have their OP character not being touched.

  • I wouldn't complain about a nerf if they leave the recharge alone at least.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I think her base kit is fine, but some of her add-ons are too much. You have allready the best base kit killer in the whole game, that ignores almost all defense of Survivors and you put on top of that good add-ons. That's just too much. I think versing a Nurse would be fine if you didn't see something like this (and it's not rare to see it).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4DMEZWO1NWDR/image.png

    her addons should get nerfed to the ground same with blight or changed to all be similar to nurses purple addons (excluding range) that make the basekit power different in some way and if one day the game is more balanced as a whole nurse should get a rework

  • No, only survs can get nerfs

  • Much like with Hill Billy, nerf the addons, not the kit :/

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916935#Comment_2916935

    Ah, I see. Yes, in those incredibly (I'd say artificially) 'fair' scenarios, then sure. But I don't think this is a good balance metric, much as I don't think gross kill rates are a good balance metric, for much the same reasons.

    When I say 'even skill', I'm talking about situations more representative of the way this game is played by the majority of the playerbase at intermediate MMRs. That would be the data I'd be most interested in, and sadly - I don't think we'll ever have access to it.

    I don’t consider it reasonable to call something unbalanced because MMR gives uneven matches. Which ideally, the recent planned changes will reduce. If one side is better than the other, is it unbalanced they win? Or would it be weirder they don’t win? Basically that. Even matches lead to even results, showing it is balanced when the matches are even. So the goal is to make matches more even, not change the balance itself.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916937#Comment_2916937

    I don’t consider it reasonable to call something unbalanced because MMR gives uneven matches. Which ideally, the recent planned changes will reduce. If one side is better than the other, is it unbalanced they win? Or would it be weirder they don’t win? Basically that. Even matches lead to even results, showing it is balanced when the matches are even. So the goal is to make matches more even, not change the balance itself.

    It's tricky - because sometimes making matches more even is going to mean changing the balance of the game, and sometimes it might not be.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916959#Comment_2916959

    It's tricky - because sometimes making matches more even is going to mean changing the balance of the game, and sometimes it might not be.

    A game should be balanced around even averages when match ups are even skill. Nerfing or buffing something because it does well or not when one side is better than the other makes no sense.

  • I would love if they nerfed nurse, too many bad killers get carried by her. When they did the rework and like 80% of the nurse mains quit it was a very happy day

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916962#Comment_2916962

    A game should be balanced around even averages when match ups are even skill. Nerfing or buffing something because it does well or not when one side is better than the other makes no sense.

    And that's where it gets tricky. 'Skill' in this game, or even 'even' is difficult to quantify outside of extremely high end play. This is what makes balancing any sort of game a moving target, especially games with asymmetrical balance and a degree of RNG to them.

  • @Marigoria said:

    No she should not. Her basekit is fine.

    Some of her more powerful addons should get reworked though.

    How? She has 4 useable addons. The rest are all trash/meme worthy things. Her addons need help, not nerfs.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916462#Comment_2916462

    How? She has 4 useable addons. The rest are all trash/meme worthy things. Her addons need help, not nerfs.

    A killer as strong as nurse honestly just shouldn’t have strong addons and several of her best ones are simply too much. But while I want those nerfed, I do agree that a lot of her trash addons should get changed too.

  • I don't know but I'm doing my part to find out

  • @Tiufal said:

    Her basekeit is far away from being fine. Killers just wanna have their OP character not being touched.

    Survivor main here, Nurse base kit is perfect. She is the best killer in the game to face, with the most skill ceiling. As others have said, I could only see range add-ons being nerfed a bit; but they also better rework her two meme add-ons.

    @OpenX said:

    I would love if they nerfed nurse, too many bad killers get carried by her. When they did the rework and like 80% of the nurse mains quit it was a very happy day

    Bad killer and Nurse really don’t go together well in the same sentence. Nurse requires more mechanical knowledge and expertise than any other killer in the game. A lot more thrilling trials than a ‘skilled’ (by MMR standards) Bubba who stands in front of a hooked survivor.

  • Reworked. Her Basekit is not fine. It was designed by a Dev-Team which had far less of an idea what should be in the game and what not. Nurse would not be released like this nowadays, she is one of those broken things released back then, but she is allowed to stay because Killer Mains would complain too much if she would be nerfed or reworked.

    However, she should be reworked. A Nerf alone would not really help, because she should stay a strong Killer. But not bypass everything in the game.

    And it is not just her Add Ons. Sure, things like a third Blink, (Double) Recharge or Range should not exist. But on the other hand, having her problematic Basekit as it is and all Add Ons being Meme Add Ons does not really sound great either.

    So she should be reworked completely - base power AND Add Ons. A base power-Rework of Nurse would also allow the Add Ons to be strong and useful.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916942#Comment_2916942

    Survivor main here, Nurse base kit is perfect. She is the best killer in the game to face, with the most skill ceiling. As others have said, I could only see range add-ons being nerfed a bit; but they also better rework her two meme add-ons.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916964#Comment_2916964

    Bad killer and Nurse really don’t go together well in the same sentence. Nurse requires more mechanical knowledge and expertise than any other killer in the game. A lot more thrilling trials than a ‘skilled’ (by MMR standards) Bubba who stands in front of a hooked survivor.

    I found her a breeze to pick up. She was the first killer I ever mained, for probably the first 400+ hours of DBD. After that it hit me how broken she was and moved onto other killers who were actually a challenge to play. I have little to no respect for nurse mains.

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917054#Comment_2917054

    I found her a breeze to pick up. She was the first killer I ever mained, for probably the first 400+ hours of DBD. After that it hit me how broken she was and moved onto other killers who were actually a challenge to play. I have little to no respect for nurse mains.

    Was that time all before the nerf, or some after?

    I would rather face a killer who’s strong in chase than one who has the easy convenience of camping and tunneling. Nurse mains deserve far more respect than a great deal of the killer roster.

    Wondering how much time you’ve had on her with more experienced survivors and maps out there these days.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Reworked. Her Basekit is not fine. It was designed by a Dev-Team which had far less of an idea what should be in the game and what not. Nurse would not be released like this nowadays, she is one of those broken things released back then, but she is allowed to stay because Killer Mains would complain too much if she would be nerfed or reworked.

    However, she should be reworked. A Nerf alone would not really help, because she should stay a strong Killer. But not bypass everything in the game.

    And it is not just her Add Ons. Sure, things like a third Blink, (Double) Recharge or Range should not exist. But on the other hand, having her problematic Basekit as it is and all Add Ons being Meme Add Ons does not really sound great either.

    So she should be reworked completely - base power AND Add Ons. A base power-Rework of Nurse would also allow the Add Ons to be strong and useful.

    Then DBD can be 100% survivor controlled. Sounds thrilling. It’s impressive how consistently you post wildly delusional opinions.

  • Or ... the survivors may also think that if they get killed by the nurse, it may not be because she is too strong ... but because they, said survivors, just didn't think it was worth learning how to play against a nurse.


    Strangely enough, when you pit a player who is an expert with the nurse against a group of survivors who are also experts in their field ... the nurse only occasionally comes out with 4K ...


    So yes ... learning the different mechanics that allow you to play against a nurse requires a little more practice than the classic "I go to the shack, I turn around for 3 generators, I shove the palett in its face, and then I change the loop."


    So, I'd like to say: get to work!

  • No, she's really the only Killer that has a chance against really good Survivor teams. She shouldnt nerfed, other Killers should be bumped up to her level.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917027#Comment_2917027

    A killer as strong as nurse honestly just shouldn’t have strong addons and several of her best ones are simply too much. But while I want those nerfed, I do agree that a lot of her trash addons should get changed too.

    I'm just tired of having killers that have like loads of bad addons and you go through bloodweb after bloodweb searching for the good ones because the rest are garbage. Like hillbilly, nurse, and pyramid head their addons are mostly god awful. If you take away range then guess it's just a big recharge party lol. I wish all killers were like blight with how many addon combos he has or Myers with all addons that synergize together. I know it's a lot to ask for, but I'm just tired of how awfully designed the addons for a hillbilly, nurse, and pyramid head are like some like nurses actively hurt her.

  • no, delete nurse and get serious about 1m tool viability

  • @Mewishis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917032#Comment_2917032

    I'm just tired of having killers that have like loads of bad addons and you go through bloodweb after bloodweb searching for the good ones because the rest are garbage. Like hillbilly, nurse, and pyramid head their addons are mostly god awful. If you take away range then guess it's just a big recharge party lol. I wish all killers were like blight with how many addon combos he has or Myers with all addons that synergize together. I know it's a lot to ask for, but I'm just tired of how awfully designed the addons for a hillbilly, nurse, and pyramid head are like some like nurses actively hurt her.

    Absolutely agreed especially when it comes to pyramid head. He really needs a complete addon overhaul.

  • Her addons are actually fine, full-stacked swat squad can just do fine against fully stacked addon boosted nurse.

    And her basekit is also fine, truth is there is literally no problem in her except matchmaking problems.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917058#Comment_2917058

    Then DBD can be 100% survivor controlled. Sounds thrilling. It’s impressive how consistently you post wildly delusional opinions.

    You dont need to play Nurse to win games. Every Killer can win games against the majority of Survivors.

    When Nurse was disabled I did not see all Killers suddenly losing every game.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917140#Comment_2917140

    You dont need to play Nurse to win games. Every Killer can win games against the majority of Survivors.

    When Nurse was disabled I did not see all Killers suddenly losing every game.

    You don't need nurse reworks to win against majority of killers (or let alone nurses, wow!) as a survivor though, what's the point of balancing if you only think about pub matchmaking.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917208#Comment_2917208

    You don't need nurse reworks to win against majority of killers (or let alone nurses, wow!) as a survivor though, what's the point of balancing if you only think about pub matchmaking.

    Because Public Games are actually way more important than those niche and laughable tournaments?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917069#Comment_2917069

    Was that time all before the nerf, or some after?

    I would rather face a killer who’s strong in chase than one who has the easy convenience of camping and tunneling. Nurse mains deserve far more respect than a great deal of the killer roster.

    Wondering how much time you’ve had on her with more experienced survivors and maps out there these days.

    Both. Also, it would be disingenuous to suggest Nurse cannot camp or tunnel easily. She is the best tunneler in the game. Hit with DS? Who cares. You can hit BT, who cares? You can be right back on them in seconds.

    I have only played her a few times recently, and did Purple Range + Plaid Flannel since I knew I would be rusty. Still won every match with almost no issues, after playing her like once or twice a year.

    No reason to play Nurse when Blight exists. He is 10x more fun and almost just as strong.

  • I'm pretty sure she's going to get another pass and nerf/rework/change at some point, but they had to fix her first then collect data to see how good or bad she really is before any of that happens... and that might take a while.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Reworked. Her Basekit is not fine. It was designed by a Dev-Team which had far less of an idea what should be in the game and what not. Nurse would not be released like this nowadays, she is one of those broken things released back then, but she is allowed to stay because Killer Mains would complain too much if she would be nerfed or reworked.

    However, she should be reworked. A Nerf alone would not really help, because she should stay a strong Killer. But not bypass everything in the game.

    And it is not just her Add Ons. Sure, things like a third Blink, (Double) Recharge or Range should not exist. But on the other hand, having her problematic Basekit as it is and all Add Ons being Meme Add Ons does not really sound great either.

    So she should be reworked completely - base power AND Add Ons. A base power-Rework of Nurse would also allow the Add Ons to be strong and useful.

    Yes nurse is strong and they need to work on her but pls no rework. I don't even play her despite loving her theme and style but I think total reworks should be the last straw after many many trys to change a killer because there are many people out there who love her not for being op but for how she is played and losing that sucks. Freddy is the best example for that many people stopped playing him completely after he got reworked. With nurse it would be even worse because she has so many cosmetics people invested in and then one day she is a complete different killer you Mabry don't like to play that would be cruel

  • Change Recharge addons to grant it's effect after a successful hit.

    Range addons maybe slowing the recharge by 10/20%?

    Her Return addon not eating a blink so it's a bit more viable especially as a purple.

    The 110% Iri doing 115%?

    Only 1 meme addon and the scream addon working in a radius.

    Undetectable lasting longer or less cooldown or silent blinks?

    Also a PH addon that turns his trails to punishment of the damned if your beam is connecting to a trail

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917058#Comment_2917058

    Yes nurse is strong and they need to work on her but pls no rework. I don't even play her despite loving her theme and style but I think total reworks should be the last straw after many many trys to change a killer because there are many people out there who love her not for being op but for how she is played and losing that sucks. Freddy is the best example for that many people stopped playing him completely after he got reworked. With nurse it would be even worse because she has so many cosmetics people invested in and then one day she is a complete different killer you Mabry don't like to play that would be cruel

    IMO they should keep her Power (the Blinks), but change her ability in a way that the Blinks are not the only way for her to get Hits. Her entry level should be easier, but the power overall should be weaker. So something like not being able to blink through walls, but being at least 4.4m/s Movement Speed. So it should not be a complete Rework like Freddy.

    BUT - this will never happen. Because BHVR does not want a big backlash from Killers who seriously think that the one broken thing of the past should stay in the game.

‹ 1 2