Killers should stop expecting easy 4K every match

The threads about killer being unfun and weak is getting old. Killers are not leaving either. Right now survivors are much faster to get in matches than killers during the peak of the day.

There has been 6 years of constant and unrelenting survivor nerfs to the extent that experienced killers practically never lose now because the game is so broken in favor of killer.

If you are not winning, all that can really be said is to git gud. Stop crying to BHVR to make the game easy for you. Survivors are practically spawning in the dying state as we speak.

And lastly, if you think killer is hard, please play solo matches. You will experience the hardest, most unfair, and most impossible thing in any video game. Survivors are extremely disadvantaged and this is why the game is losing its momentum. It is definitely not because "killers are weak".

Comments

  • @Tiufal said:

    Its nothing new that killer players expect this game to be a slasher-simulator. They are entitled to be the winner and nothing else.

    It is already there. The 4 survivors are on the map for the entertainment of the killer.

  • Not a fair conclusion to come to imo

    Killer is typically always hard due to the 4 v 1 nature and many other factors

    Solo survivor is hard depending on various circumstances out of a solo players control. SWF is easier because you can tell your teammates what to do/coordinate properly

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I can’t believe you’re a nurse main.

    It's pretty believable if you ask me.

    Since Sluzzy mains Nurse, they probably don't have that big of a problem when it comes to playing Killer, which leads to the "Game is easy for Killers" mindset.

    Since they also play mostly, or always, SoloQ, they'd also believe that SoloQ is the absolute weakest "side" of the game.

    I disagree with both points, but it's interesting to see how a thought process can develop

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Survivor has it easy, the only time that there is a sense of pressure is when the killer devotes 100% attention to one person.

    Ps. Tunneling is fair as the devs stated that survivors are treated as a 1v1 for balance purposes.

    It really is not fair though. The game is asymmetrical and the killer has huge favor in a 1v1. The game is so survivor sided that it can seem to not be the case as gens can be finished before a map is rid of all pallets... But still, that is just further to the point that it is not "fair." I am not saying it has to be fair either, but it sure as hell is not, either way you slice it.


    I am not anti tunnel either, but facts is facts, cuh.

  • I'm a killer main, but I also play losts of survivor with friend (and sometimes solo), so I get the feel both ways. The people I play with as a survivor, are average at best, me included, and matches vary wildly between getting boddied, being competitive and boddying a killer. As a Killer I feel I get more 3-4k than not, which either says i'm a good killer, or the game is not survivor sided. And that is not using only good killers, I play mostly wraith, bubba, nemesis, plague, huntress and as of late i'm learning nurse.

    Só the feeling I get, is that for an average player, like myself (700h, about 40%s60%k), the game is pretty balanced (with he excepetion of NOED, which is a douchebag perk), I don't see the nerfs on survivor being a deal breaker for people to whine so much, neither the buffs on killer too strong o make killers unstopable.

    Also by what I can tell, most of the whinning (NOT ALL) is done by people who only play one or the other and feel entitled to always win.

    Now, one thing I can say is, as a survivor, if you play outside the meta perks, you end up having a bad time, which kinda sucks, makes you very limited. Either you are very skilled and can try different stuff, or you meme and lose. As for killer, you have a larger range of builds to play with and still get 4k.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318487/killers-should-stop-expecting-easy-4k-every-match

    • This is basically 'whataboutism' the thread.
    • Both sides have their issues.
    • That said, someone asking for help on their side or providing feedback doesn't need you making a thread about them and putting them on blast or 'git gudding'.
    • Survivor queues are faster because there are 4 slots to every 1 killer slot.
    • Almost all of those survivor nerfs were 100% required. Infinites were dumb. Old DS was dumb. Old OoO was dumb. CoH stacking was dumb. Boil Over prenerf was awful.
    • Yes, solo Q is rough. But as long as SWF exists, this game has to be balanced around it. BHVR are introducing changes to help out solos soon.
    • I play solo survivor quite a bit. It's bad, but complaining about your stuff when someone else is giving feedback is just dirty pool.
    • You are single handedly driving the 'us versus them' mentality here. Stop.

    OP is ignoring your replies and doesn't reply to them since you're saying the absolute truth !

  • The stronger side received more nerfs than the other: More, at 11.

    Weird how people can give solid arguments against specific perks or designs in the game without the goal being easy 4ks, but I guess that doesn't quite work for the illogical. And yes, solo queue survivor is a nightmare, but solo queue survivor being a nightmare doesn't mean killer ezoplole. You don't sit there and go "Well, this sucks for me as a solo survivor, so any complaint a killer has is irrelevant." to justify your silly statements.

    Bad survivors make bad complaints, bad killers make bad complaints. If the only thing someone ever has to say is nothing but survivor this, survivor that, or killer this, killer that, then they're hard to take seriously. Kind of like.. this post.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    The threads about killer being unfun and weak is getting old. Killers are not leaving either. Right now survivors are much faster to get in matches than killers during the peak of the day.

    There has been 6 years of constant and unrelenting survivor nerfs to the extent that experienced killers practically never lose now because the game is so broken in favor of killer.

    If you are not winning, all that can really be said is to git gud. Stop crying to BHVR to make the game easy for you. Survivors are practically spawning in the dying state as we speak.

    And lastly, if you think killer is hard, please play solo matches. You will experience the hardest, most unfair, and most impossible thing in any video game. Survivors are extremely disadvantaged and this is why the game is losing its momentum. It is definitely not because "killers are weak".

    Been playing solo from day 1 and i can tell you with absolute certainty that is not as hard as you make it sound, in all fairness it's a walk in the park when playing survivor.

    Now don't get me wrong as this doesn't apply to everyone who plays survivor (you for example), some people are just terrible at making the right decision and think that side is terrible and in a bad state.

    This goes for both roles btw and not only 1 side.

    Just because you make terrible decisions doesn't mean that side you play is terrible to play, it's just you who make the wrong reads and makes the wrong decisions at the wrong time.

    A little friendly suggestion for you, just record your gameplay and look back at it.

    See where you can improve, look at what decision you made and if it was a bad or a good decision, evaluate your gameplay.

    Just don't come bitching about what side is fair and which side is not, which side is harder and which is easier after you have some bad matches.

    Calm down, watch back, learn and improve.


    Yes i have done this many times with my gameplay and when i watched it back i realized it was me who was playing badly and improved it afterwards.


    Also as a little side note to end this.

    Neither killer should expect an easy 4K nor should survivors expect an easy 4E, simple as 🤘

  • @Yankus said:

    Sluzzy post more photos of you getting sub 2,000 points please. Those are like sub 10 second chases lol

    I heard Sluzzy is a god-level Nurse player

  • So I've heard as well, yet I've never seen any proof of that.

    Yes I've seen stats on a leaderboard but never seen actual gameplay from them.

    If they are really this good as nurse than they still have a lot to learn to become a decent survivor

  • @gendoss said:

    Very true. Whenever I spawn in as survivor I know within the first 30 seconds whether I'm winning or not and most of the time it's not. Nobody can last more than 20 seconds in a chase and gens take 80 seconds. Survivors are playing catch-up right from the very beginning of the match.

    Really? That's weird.

    I had so many matches where I got found first, camped, tunneled off hook and still managed to escape.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895141#Comment_2895141

    It's pretty believable if you ask me.

    Since Sluzzy mains Nurse, they probably don't have that big of a problem when it comes to playing Killer, which leads to the "Game is easy for Killers" mindset.

    Since they also play mostly, or always, SoloQ, they'd also believe that SoloQ is the absolute weakest "side" of the game.

    I disagree with both points, but it's interesting to see how a thought process can develop

    If you look at sluzzy's assumed steam profile, you'll find they play hell a lot of billy too, which I wouldn't consider top tier

    That's besides the point of their conclusions, to which one can agree or disagree. You disagree for example, while I agree for the most part

  • In Eastern Europe surv wait time is 2-3 secs and killer about 5 min 8.00am-6-pm

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895154#Comment_2895154

    If you look at sluzzy's assumed steam profile, you'll find they play hell a lot of billy too, which I wouldn't consider top tier

    That's besides the point of their conclusions, to which one can agree or disagree. You disagree for example, while I agree for the most part

    Billy for sure isn't top tier, but he's high B tier, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sluzzy has a pretty good record with him

  • Solo games are only hard because teammates like you DC when they get downed at the start of them game. Either that or just bad teammates who don’t do gens. It has nothing to do with killers.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895060#Comment_2895060

    In Eastern Europe surv wait time is 2-3 secs and killer about 5 min 8.00am-6-pm

    I'll take your word on that. But if you read what I posted, I described "peak" hours as 6 PM - midnight, so what you're saying doesn't contradict or refute my experiences. I'm also in NA (as is the OP, I believe) -- I have a friend who plays on the European server, and she's described the experience as much different that what we see over here (why that is, I have no idea). In any case, I'll stand firmly by my assertion that "peak" times -- which I think my definition of it would be pretty accurate -- see killer queue times far less than survivor.

    ETA: Saturday and Sunday are different animals, however. More people are off of work/school during the day, so that obviously could affect those numbers.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    The threads about killer being unfun and weak is getting old. Killers are not leaving either. Right now survivors are much faster to get in matches than killers during the peak of the day.

    There has been 6 years of constant and unrelenting survivor nerfs to the extent that experienced killers practically never lose now because the game is so broken in favor of killer.

    If you are not winning, all that can really be said is to git gud. Stop crying to BHVR to make the game easy for you. Survivors are practically spawning in the dying state as we speak.

    And lastly, if you think killer is hard, please play solo matches. You will experience the hardest, most unfair, and most impossible thing in any video game. Survivors are extremely disadvantaged and this is why the game is losing its momentum. It is definitely not because "killers are weak".

    i agree with the killers complaining to git gud. i mean, look at all the killer main content creators, all the vids and streams that they have are just 4k over and over and over again. otz gets 4k with trapper every game lol

  • @Tiufal said:

    Its nothing new that killer players expect this game to be a slasher-simulator. They are entitled to be the winner and nothing else.

    TBF; it's called DEAD By Daylight.

    Not 'Mildly bother the Survivors, who then teabag, use seizure-flashlight-macros, and have 18 META perks per match. They will then t-bag out the exit gate, and insult you if you lost, or issue death threats if you won, By Daylight'.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318487/killers-should-stop-expecting-easy-4k-every-match

    i agree with the killers complaining to git gud. i mean, look at all the killer main content creators, all the vids and streams that they have are just 4k over and over and over again. otz gets 4k with trapper every game lol

    Because there are maybe a few dozen people on the EU servers with an MMR/skill level close to Otz - meaning that he frequently gets matched with less experienced players. You'll often hear him comment similarly.

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895209#Comment_2895209

    Billy for sure isn't top tier, but he's high B tier, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sluzzy has a pretty good record with him

    Assuming that's even the actual profile.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    *grabs a bag of popcorn*

    this is gonna be a fun one

    yup 🍿

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318487/killers-should-stop-expecting-easy-4k-every-match

    i agree with the killers complaining to git gud. i mean, look at all the killer main content creators, all the vids and streams that they have are just 4k over and over and over again. otz gets 4k with trapper every game lol

    Otz is also what could be considered olympic levels of skilled. Top 1%, or at least top 5%. Saying 'Killers can't complain because the literal best do well' is a pretty silly take.

  • I play Solo to relax - It's honestly pretty chill and easy.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895244#Comment_2895244

    Because there are maybe a few dozen people on the EU servers with an MMR/skill level close to Otz - meaning that he frequently gets matched with less experienced players. You'll often hear him comment similarly.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895225#Comment_2895225

    Assuming that's even the actual profile.

    You didn't directly reply to me but anyway that's why I said "assumed profile". We don't really know if it's the same person

    Also I still don't understand why people say "he's supposedly a god tier nurse" - the number of blink attacks someone has doesn't reflect skill, just experience. Or is there some Sluzzy nurse gameplay footage around that I'm not aware of?

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895060#Comment_2895060

    In Eastern Europe surv wait time is 2-3 secs and killer about 5 min 8.00am-6-pm

    Yes, but in Eastern Europe, survivors chase you.

    In all seriousness, this probably has to do with a combination of matchmaking, people playing and MMR. I know that on my killers I consider 90 seconds a long wait time, and my survivor queues are instant. Good survivor players wait 5 mins at times.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895134#Comment_2895134

    It really is not fair though. The game is asymmetrical and the killer has huge favor in a 1v1. The game is so survivor sided that it can seem to not be the case as gens can be finished before a map is rid of all pallets... But still, that is just further to the point that it is not "fair." I am not saying it has to be fair either, but it sure as hell is not, either way you slice it.

    I am not anti tunnel either, but facts is facts, cuh.

    With the low bar the devs set for survivor performance smart survivors are more than capable of negating killer advantages in chase. They worry about killers feeling oppressive for new survivors to the point that safety measures become almost exploitable with the right amount of experience and knowledge.

    As for killers tunneling, I see no difference in situation between a killer that does or not. In both cases it's on the survivors to avoid detection or escape from the chase; which have been proven possible against every killer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895023#Comment_2895023

    Really? That's weird.

    I had so many matches where I got found first, camped, tunneled off hook and still managed to escape.

    I have too and you have to admit it's almost entirely luck whether your teammates will actually do anything the whole game or not.

  • I agree, it really does seem some just wanna get the 4 sacrifices each round. People got to understand this a heavily RGN game, so realistically the RGN can favor one side over the other. And this a multiplayer game, now you can get to a point where you can get 4 sacrifices in most of your game's. But even the best killer only players lose matches every once in a while. Also I think a lot of people focus a lot more on their loses over their wins, so maybe that is why they focus so much on wanting to get 4 sacrifices each round.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318487/killers-should-stop-expecting-easy-4k-every-match

    i agree with the killers complaining to git gud. i mean, look at all the killer main content creators, all the vids and streams that they have are just 4k over and over and over again. otz gets 4k with trapper every game lol

    The content creators play thousands of matches and they’re only going to post the good ones. They’re not going to post the matches where they get wrecked unless they’re specifically making a video showing weaknesses of a certain killer or killers in general

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895206#Comment_2895206

    I have too and you have to admit it's almost entirely luck whether your teammates will actually do anything the whole game or not.

    Yup.

    Take my last game for instance. 2man SWF and me against an Artist.

    I'm on 0 hooks, managed to evade her every time she chased me and even distracted her off them a few times. But two of them died at 1 gen left, so the last one, decided to follow me around vaulting everything and dropping pallets, because apparently I should have magically distracted her more - and complained about me in postgame.

    Next game - Legion with 2550 hours, clearly smurfed MMR. Wipes team out at 5gens, 3 newbies and me (bad survivor, maybe 50 hours on it) causing me to depip.

    Next game - 2 man SWF, absolutely amazing. Run a Huntress for all the gens, bodyblocking, sabos, the works. Easy win.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    And on the same side of the coin; Survivors need to stop saying 'Be happy with the 3K' and shaming Killers who try for the 4.

    Funny how it's always 'Killers need to stop'.

    There is a bit of a difference between going for a 4k and slugging for a 4k tho. One takes actual skill in strategy, the other is a super cheesy way to guarantee 4 kills with 0 risk.

    It's basically like old keys, survivors could finish the 5th gen after someone died, with basically a guarantueed 2 man escape and maybe a 3rd one if they played it well, or they could all hide untill someone found the hatch and guarantee the 3rd person escaping with 0 risk.

    I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.

  • @eaebree said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895022#Comment_2895022

    Sure all you complainig are just bad at game and that is full story you will never admit that.

    And out of those 8 matches, how often did you let 2 or 3 teammates die to escape? How often of those 8 escapes did survivors actually win?

    Escaping consistently isnt hard in solo queue, you just let your teammates die on hook when hatch can spawn, or leave through gate as soon as its powered. But claiming that you're good because you escape by sacrificing multiple teammates isnt exactly skill.

    That is exactly why survivor MMR needs to be teambased rather than escape based. Because is it really a win if 3 survivors died for your escape? No, ofcourse not. It's still 100x easier to escape 100 times in a row than it is to get a 3/4k in a row. But it is 20x harder to get a 3 man escape in a row compared to 3/4k's.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895030#Comment_2895030

    And out of those 8 matches, how often did you let 2 or 3 teammates die to escape? How often of those 8 escapes did survivors actually win?

    Escaping consistently isnt hard in solo queue, you just let your teammates die on hook when hatch can spawn, or leave through gate as soon as its powered. But claiming that you're good because you escape by sacrificing multiple teammates isnt exactly skill.

    That is exactly why survivor MMR needs to be teambased rather than escape based. Because is it really a win if 3 survivors died for your escape? No, ofcourse not. It's still 100x easier to escape 100 times in a row than it is to get a 3/4k in a row. But it is 20x harder to get a 3 man escape in a row compared to 3/4k's.

    I didnt claim anything people say solo q is not playable i just dont agree with that and i'm killer main you probably dont know what is this post about chill bro hah

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895030#Comment_2895030

    And out of those 8 matches, how often did you let 2 or 3 teammates die to escape? How often of those 8 escapes did survivors actually win?

    Escaping consistently isnt hard in solo queue, you just let your teammates die on hook when hatch can spawn, or leave through gate as soon as its powered. But claiming that you're good because you escape by sacrificing multiple teammates isnt exactly skill.

    That is exactly why survivor MMR needs to be teambased rather than escape based. Because is it really a win if 3 survivors died for your escape? No, ofcourse not. It's still 100x easier to escape 100 times in a row than it is to get a 3/4k in a row. But it is 20x harder to get a 3 man escape in a row compared to 3/4k's.

    Mostly 2 or 3 man escape sometimes 4 i dont like leaving others to die i always go for unhook because some solos dont want to do that idk why

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2894909#Comment_2894909

    There is a bit of a difference between going for a 4k and slugging for a 4k tho. One takes actual skill in strategy, the other is a super cheesy way to guarantee 4 kills with 0 risk.

    It's basically like old keys, survivors could finish the 5th gen after someone died, with basically a guarantueed 2 man escape and maybe a 3rd one if they played it well, or they could all hide untill someone found the hatch and guarantee the 3rd person escaping with 0 risk.

    I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.

    I would not slug for the 4K if I did not know that the 3rd Survivor hooked will force his death to give the final one hatch.

    But since they WILL, and I have every damn right to try for a 4K; I'll slug. And no; it's not 'super cheesy', because it's literally the only way I can try for that 4K without the 3rd Survivor flipping me off and dying on hook.

    Nothing, anywhere, says I have to give the Survivor an even-odds chance at the hatch. Moreso when they can be humping the damn thing while I hook their friend, who then offs himself before I've taken 3 steps.


    Calling slugging 'super cheesy' is just another way to shame Killers into following an arbitrary set of rules that favor Survivors because they want easier wins. 'Don't slug; it's cheesy. Hook them so they can off themselves & give the hatch to their friend. Because THAT is the fair way to do it!'

    No; that's the unintelligent way to do it.


    'I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.'

    Nope! Most the time, it's a Survivor insulting me because I did not give hatch to the final Survivor. It's just the recent buzz-phrase to shame Killers into following fake rules.

  • I love pizza tbh

  • @Sluzzy said:

    The threads about killer being unfun and weak is getting old. Killers are not leaving either. Right now survivors are much faster to get in matches than killers during the peak of the day.

    There has been 6 years of constant and unrelenting survivor nerfs to the extent that experienced killers practically never lose now because the game is so broken in favor of killer.

    If you are not winning, all that can really be said is to git gud. Stop crying to BHVR to make the game easy for you. Survivors are practically spawning in the dying state as we speak.

    And lastly, if you think killer is hard, please play solo matches. You will experience the hardest, most unfair, and most impossible thing in any video game. Survivors are extremely disadvantaged and this is why the game is losing its momentum. It is definitely not because "killers are weak".

    I an Iri 1 Survivor and a Bronze 4 Killer.


    Tell more about spawning in on the dying State.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895505#Comment_2895505

    I would not slug for the 4K if I did not know that the 3rd Survivor hooked will force his death to give the final one hatch.

    But since they WILL, and I have every damn right to try for a 4K; I'll slug. And no; it's not 'super cheesy', because it's literally the only way I can try for that 4K without the 3rd Survivor flipping me off and dying on hook.

    Nothing, anywhere, says I have to give the Survivor an even-odds chance at the hatch. Moreso when they can be humping the damn thing while I hook their friend, who then offs himself before I've taken 3 steps.

    Calling slugging 'super cheesy' is just another way to shame Killers into following an arbitrary set of rules that favor Survivors because they want easier wins. 'Don't slug; it's cheesy. Hook them so they can off themselves & give the hatch to their friend. Because THAT is the fair way to do it!'

    No; that's the unintelligent way to do it.

    'I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.'

    Nope! Most the time, it's a Survivor insulting me because I did not give hatch to the final Survivor. It's just the recent buzz-phrase to shame Killers into following fake rules.

    There may not be a rule that you can't do that but it is bad manners to slug for minutes only to have a 4K. It drags the match out longer than it should and it is not fun for the one on their belly crawling around doing nothing.

  • Awful biased take.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895505#Comment_2895505

    I would not slug for the 4K if I did not know that the 3rd Survivor hooked will force his death to give the final one hatch.

    But since they WILL, and I have every damn right to try for a 4K; I'll slug. And no; it's not 'super cheesy', because it's literally the only way I can try for that 4K without the 3rd Survivor flipping me off and dying on hook.

    Nothing, anywhere, says I have to give the Survivor an even-odds chance at the hatch. Moreso when they can be humping the damn thing while I hook their friend, who then offs himself before I've taken 3 steps.

    Calling slugging 'super cheesy' is just another way to shame Killers into following an arbitrary set of rules that favor Survivors because they want easier wins. 'Don't slug; it's cheesy. Hook them so they can off themselves & give the hatch to their friend. Because THAT is the fair way to do it!'

    No; that's the unintelligent way to do it.

    'I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.'

    Nope! Most the time, it's a Survivor insulting me because I did not give hatch to the final Survivor. It's just the recent buzz-phrase to shame Killers into following fake rules.

    Here's the thing. I don't slug. I don't tunnel (on purpose). I don't camp. Most games, I try to 2 hook everyone before killing.

    I generally settle for a 3K or a 2K if they were particularly fun, and I don't sweat the odd loss.

    I still get called a tunneling camping cheater in postgame. A lot of these things are code for 'I lost and I'm salty about it'. Hilariously, when I get 'GGEZ'd' in postgame, and I point out what I was doing I get 'lul nobody forced you to play like that, not our fault you want to play like a noob'. The insults won't stop.

    @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2894909#Comment_2894909

    There is a bit of a difference between going for a 4k and slugging for a 4k tho. One takes actual skill in strategy, the other is a super cheesy way to guarantee 4 kills with 0 risk.

    It's basically like old keys, survivors could finish the 5th gen after someone died, with basically a guarantueed 2 man escape and maybe a 3rd one if they played it well, or they could all hide untill someone found the hatch and guarantee the 3rd person escaping with 0 risk.

    I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.

    Eh...

    It's a bit like Bubba and camping.

    Some killers just have a kit that feels designed around it (Twins especially, but also Oni and Myers). I have no problems with sluggers, as long as they aren't just letting everyone bleed out.

    Again, I tend to give hatch unless you were BM, and sometimes I'll even let 2 go if you were especially fun. However, I still get cussed out, once from a team that felt me letting them go was me 'thinking I'm better than them'. Trust me, as a killer...you can't win.

    @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895574#Comment_2895574

    There may not be a rule that you can't do that but it is bad manners to slug for minutes only to have a 4K. It drags the match out longer than it should and it is not fun for the one on their belly crawling around doing nothing.

    Shrug. Sure?

    I'd be a fan of this style going away, but BHVR are clear that they don't see an issue with it.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895206#Comment_2895206

    I have too and you have to admit it's almost entirely luck whether your teammates will actually do anything the whole game or not.

    Survivors are other survivors biggest threat.

    But you can't determine if you'll lose a match in the first 30 seconds. Because your teammates might surprise you. So the best action is to never give up.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895076#Comment_2895076

    Not a fair conclusion to come to imo

    Killer is typically always hard due to the 4 v 1 nature and many other factors

    Solo survivor is hard depending on various circumstances out of a solo players control. SWF is easier because you can tell your teammates what to do/coordinate properly

    Ok. So killer always hard. Solo survivor "sometimes" hard.

  • MMR gets to the point, as killer, where I expect at least 1k... yet I'm often even dissapointed with that expectation

  • We don't. We expect a 2k, but we can't even get that without playing dirty and bringing the strongest stuff.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895147#Comment_2895147

    Ok. So killer always hard. Solo survivor "sometimes" hard.

    Yeah I'd agree with that

    Then again Killer can actually sometimes be easy but I feel that's a matchmaking thing

    No doubt in my mind that Killer is harder role by default to me. Especially if you're newer

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    We don't. We expect a 2k, but we can't even get that without playing dirty and bringing the strongest stuff.

    Under the premise youre really bad.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895864#Comment_2895864

    Yeah I'd agree with that

    Then again Killer can actually sometimes be easy but I feel that's a matchmaking thing

    No doubt in my mind that Killer is harder role by default to me. Especially if you're newer

    Fair comment.

  • It was probably a good 6 months ago now, but I remember a streamer (played both killer and survivor) blaming the post-game 'Entity Displeased' thing as for why he gets anxiety over not getting more kills. He said he thinks if they removed that whole 'you sucked' implication at the end, then he'd feel better about getting outplayed or not getting many kills. I thought that was an interesting perspective, personally.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    The threads about killer being unfun and weak is getting old. Killers are not leaving either. Right now survivors are much faster to get in matches than killers during the peak of the day.

    There has been 6 years of constant and unrelenting survivor nerfs to the extent that experienced killers practically never lose now because the game is so broken in favor of killer.

    If you are not winning, all that can really be said is to git gud. Stop crying to BHVR to make the game easy for you. Survivors are practically spawning in the dying state as we speak.

    And lastly, if you think killer is hard, please play solo matches. You will experience the hardest, most unfair, and most impossible thing in any video game. Survivors are extremely disadvantaged and this is why the game is losing its momentum. It is definitely not because "killers are weak".

    Solo survivor is so horrible to play as. I have to run DS cause farming exists and self care since people refuse to heal you.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    It was probably a good 6 months ago now, but I remember a streamer (played both killer and survivor) blaming the post-game 'Entity Displeased' thing as for why he gets anxiety over not getting more kills. He said he thinks if they removed that whole 'you sucked' implication at the end, then he'd feel better about getting outplayed or not getting many kills. I thought that was an interesting perspective, personally.

    I think it's more the teabagging and BM instead of what the game tells you. I've gotten 4k entity displeased many times before and you basically just scoff at the game when that happens.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    It was probably a good 6 months ago now, but I remember a streamer (played both killer and survivor) blaming the post-game 'Entity Displeased' thing as for why he gets anxiety over not getting more kills. He said he thinks if they removed that whole 'you sucked' implication at the end, then he'd feel better about getting outplayed or not getting many kills. I thought that was an interesting perspective, personally.

    There's something to that, at least to me. It's really annoying when you get matched against a meta 4 stack that sends you to Fractured Cowshed and you get 3 - 4 hooks and 0 kills as Pig. It's bullshit that you can depip from that. The game should be designed to where it won't depip you when it was basically hopeless to safety

1 2 3