FNAF Security Breach Increases William Afton's Chances?

Since Security Breach released could this give a bigger chance that William Afton will arrive in the realm soon and if he did do you think he'd come in with a legendary skin that turns him into Burntrap?

image.png image.png


Comments

  • And to you! :)


    @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738200#Comment_2738200

    I understand what you're saying and the lines definitely get blurry like in the situations you described.

    If donating to an anti-LGBTQ+ lawmaker was the only way to raise minimum wage and improve quality of life for starving people then it absolutely wouldn't be homophobic to donate.

    Although that isn't the situation Cawthon was in. I could forgive if maybe he inadvertendly donated to 1 or so politicians without knowing their stance but it's the fact that he donated to numerous, knowing that they were homophobic just because it was economically favourable for him. Essentially, his decision means that he's indifferent (at best) to LGBTQ+ people losing rights if it means that he's taxed less. It's a huge kick in the teeth for his LGBTQ+ fans, who he claims to "love" on his socials.

    That's fair. I tend to not think about the money aspect, having been lower-middle-class (and even homeless twice) my whole life. 😁


    @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738202#Comment_2738202

    Damn, is this massive argument actually gonna peacefully?

    Oh no! Umm..quick! Uhh...

    Grrr! Survivor mains! Argh! Killer mains! 😲

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738129#Comment_2738129

    I usually agree with you, but I think you're a bit off the mark here. I mean, it was a fun example, but not really representative of anything.

    Fact is, when you give money to a political candidate, you are doing so to support their platform. If that platform consists of some things you like, and others you don't, then you are saying that the stuff you don't like Is worth it to get what you do like.

    In the real world example of Scott, he gave money to multiple anti-lgbtqtia politicians, people who are actively and openly involved in trying to roll back human rights for people who aren't cisgender and straight. Now, he says he did that because of their economic plans, but frankly, those plans are just giving people who have his amount of money a tax break, so he's really saying he donated to them to try and pay less money later.

    Does this make him a homophobe? No. But I would argue it definitely shows he's fine with people who aren't him losing rights, just so long as he pays less money in taxes. This isn't like giving money to a charity only to find out the CEO had some bigoted ideas, these are public political platforms.

    If a politician says "I support low taxes for the rich, keeping children from learning about gay people, and kicking transgender people out of the military" over and over, in public, on camera, and even puts it in writing on their website, then it is reasonable to assume that someone who then donates to that politician is doing so because they, at the very least, support those repeatedly stated platform ideals.

    This I can agree with. What I had (or have) an issue with is/was equating supporting such a figure, to being such a figure. There didn't seem to be much nuance in the original argument. In Scott's case, that seemed rather unfair, as he hasn't shown "signs" of being homophobic before, or after this affair.

    @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738170#Comment_2738170

    I wasn't accusing you specifically of using the gay friend card. As I said in my post, I was speaking generally and saying that having gay friends does not automatically mean someone isn't homophobic.

    Eh I don't agree. As a gay person I could NEVER donate to an anti-LGBTQ+ politician, even if I agreed with literally ALL of their other ideals. It just isn't right to me and would be a huge betrayal of myself. It's just not something I could bring myself to do. It's hard to put into words but it literally goes against everything I am to do so.

    As for your example, why donate at all? It's not like they particularly need the money. If they're commited to raising minimum wage then they'll do it with or without your contribution. Do I think voting for them if there's no better option is inherently homophobic? No.

    But going out of your way to donate or show more support than is necessary is questionable at best.

    You could never donate to them, and you're fully in your right to do so. Or...not do so, whichever is grammatically correct. The concept of donating to a politican unprompted - or at all, for that matter - is bizarre to me, anyway. But I still don't think doing so makes one a homophobe. Complicit, to use your own word again, sure. And I understand why it would feel like betrayal. But, as I said in my half-post, does it really warrant someone being canceled in the way Scott was? To me, it seemed disproportionate.

    @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738186#Comment_2738186

    Fair enough. I respect that stance. I even said I can kind of understand that in my original post; How LGBTQ+ people could feel betrayed, and feel like their money went to an anti-LGBTQ+ politician when they bought FNAF, since the developer supported said politicians. :)

    I just wanted to understand the stance even better, and talking about something can help both sides realize things they may not have known before talking it out. It's...easy to get set in stone, when one can think 'This is how <x> works', and not realize there's nuance, know what I mean?

    As an autistic; I run into that line of thinking ALLOT in myself, so I try to think up scenarios in discussions that force people (myself included) to think outside our, personal, set ideas.

    Oh hey, fellow ASD chap here. Funny how my issue is completely different from yours--forming and defending an opinion to begin with.

  • I want FNAF just so the lore nerds have to explain the absolute headache that is William Afton's story.

  • I don't think a franchise releasing new content exactly increases the chance of it coming into dbd. The new Candyman movie didn't exactly help it, Silent Hill hasn't exactly had new content in ages and yet it still made it's way in. It really does come down to, as the devs have said about licenses, do we as the community want it and does it fit into dbd.

    Personally I think Springtrap doesn't fit into dbd, so personally, I don't think any amount of new FNAF content will get it into dbd.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738199#Comment_2738199

    This I can agree with. What I had (or have) an issue with is/was equating supporting such a figure, to being such a figure. There didn't seem to be much nuance in the original argument. In Scott's case, that seemed rather unfair, as he hasn't shown "signs" of being homophobic before, or after this affair.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738186#Comment_2738186

    You could never donate to them, and you're fully in your right to do so. Or...not do so, whichever is grammatically correct. The concept of donating to a politican unprompted - or at all, for that matter - is bizarre to me, anyway. But I still don't think doing so makes one a homophobe. Complicit, to use your own word again, sure. And I understand why it would feel like betrayal. But, as I said in my half-post, does it really warrant someone being canceled in the way Scott was? To me, it seemed disproportionate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738200#Comment_2738200

    Oh hey, fellow ASD chap here. Funny how my issue is completely different from yours--forming and defending an opinion to begin with.

    What exactly happened to Scott? As far as I know he never spent so much as a minute in any jail, never paid a fine to anyone, and in fact is a millionaire living in a very nice house with his family.

    That's the issue I have with "cancelling". It just doesn't exist. He stepped away from FNAF, which he said in his statement he was going to do anyway. He still gets the money, only now doesn't have to do any work. We should all be so lucky to be cancelled if that is the result.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738199#Comment_2738199

    This I can agree with. What I had (or have) an issue with is/was equating supporting such a figure, to being such a figure. There didn't seem to be much nuance in the original argument. In Scott's case, that seemed rather unfair, as he hasn't shown "signs" of being homophobic before, or after this affair.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738186#Comment_2738186

    You could never donate to them, and you're fully in your right to do so. Or...not do so, whichever is grammatically correct. The concept of donating to a politican unprompted - or at all, for that matter - is bizarre to me, anyway. But I still don't think doing so makes one a homophobe. Complicit, to use your own word again, sure. And I understand why it would feel like betrayal. But, as I said in my half-post, does it really warrant someone being canceled in the way Scott was? To me, it seemed disproportionate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738200#Comment_2738200

    Oh hey, fellow ASD chap here. Funny how my issue is completely different from yours--forming and defending an opinion to begin with.

    The best you can say for him is that he's shown himself to be a fair-weather supporter of gay rights. If anything would, personally, inconvenience him more than getting rid of them would achieve, then he's quite happy to do so--regardless of his professed stances or other donations.

    Whether the reaction is excessive or not, it does mean that we have a very public record of his political viewpoints, with the franchise very explicitly tied to one person. There is no way to avoid being seen to make a political statement if you were to include something from FNaF in DBD.

    And this would be worse than the NFT mess, as everyone can see it coming.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738254#Comment_2738254

    The best you can say for him is that he's shown himself to be a fair-weather supporter of gay rights. If anything would, personally, inconvenience him more than getting rid of them would achieve, then he's quite happy to do so--regardless of his professed stances or other donations.

    Whether the reaction is excessive or not, it does mean that we have a very public record of his political viewpoints, with the franchise very explicitly tied to one person. There is no way to avoid being seen to make a political statement if you were to include something from FNaF in DBD.

    And this would be worse than the NFT mess, as everyone can see it coming.

    You're completely right, actually. It would just be a PR nightmare, regardless of my opinion of the guy. We also have very little information from the guy himself. His twitter account only exists to have a twitter account.

    @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738254#Comment_2738254

    What exactly happened to Scott? As far as I know he never spent so much as a minute in any jail, never paid a fine to anyone, and in fact is a millionaire living in a very nice house with his family.

    That's the issue I have with "cancelling". It just doesn't exist. He stepped away from FNAF, which he said in his statement he was going to do anyway. He still gets the money, only now doesn't have to do any work. We should all be so lucky to be cancelled if that is the result.

    I didn't actually know he was already stepping away. I had a feeling he might have been planning on it, but wasn't sure. Regardless, the whole situation forced his hand. Yes, he most likely still gets astounding amounts of money for having created the IP, but his name will always be associated with that one (or, well, multiple) donation he made to Mr. Orange Man and co..

    Cancel culture goes further than money, imo. Look at Rowling. She's sitting on one the most succesful book series on the globe, yet everyone will always have a sour taste in their mouths when reading her stuff. She can't change that. And what did she ultimately do? I couldn't even tell you. I have no idea what, where or how her transphobic statement(s) was/were. Yet her name is practically synonymous with the term 'transphobic' in my circles. Anyone new to her books will think "she's transphobic, better stay away from it entirely", despite the actual quality of her work. In her case in particular, I have to wonder whatever happened to the "sticks and stones" proverb. I'm not defending her statement, I'm just wondering whether we're not collectively going too far.

    In any case, this was a completely different topic when it began. I'm partially to blame for that, so I'll once again try to leave it here.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738276#Comment_2738276

    You're completely right, actually. It would just be a PR nightmare, regardless of my opinion of the guy. We also have very little information from the guy himself. His twitter account only exists to have a twitter account.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738274#Comment_2738274

    I didn't actually know he was already stepping away. I had a feeling he might have been planning on it, but wasn't sure. Regardless, the whole situation forced his hand. Yes, he most likely still gets astounding amounts of money for having created the IP, but his name will always be associated with that one (or, well, multiple) donation he made to Mr. Orange Man and co..

    Cancel culture goes further than money, imo. Look at Rowling. She's sitting on one the most succesful book series on the globe, yet everyone will always have a sour taste in their mouths when reading her stuff. She can't change that. And what did she ultimately do? I couldn't even tell you. I have no idea what, where or how her transphobic statement(s) was/were. Yet her name is practically synonymous with the term 'transphobic' in my circles. Anyone new to her books will think "she's transphobic, better stay away from it entirely", despite the actual quality of her work. In her case in particular, I have to wonder whatever happened to the "sticks and stones" proverb. I'm not defending her statement, I'm just wondering whether we're not collectively going too far.

    In any case, this was a completely different topic when it began. I'm partially to blame for that, so I'll once again try to leave it here.

    And again, she already made the books, movies, even a play. More movies are being made, she's making royalties on all of it (including the theme park) and is just as involved as she was prior. HBO asked her to show up for the big 20th anniversary special they did, she turned them down. If that's being cancelled, I'll volunteer now.

    Cancelling doesn't exist. Even admitting to being a sex pest isn't enough to stop a stand up comic (here's a fun game, guess which comic I'm talking about, there's literally over a dozen possible choices) director, (3 choices there) or actor (100+ choices).

    Dave Chappelle keeps selling out venue after venue to air his grievances about the trans community and tell people how he's been silenced, in case you didn't understand how much he was censored when he got millions of dollars to talk about it on 2 different Netflix specials that can be watched on any device with a screen and an internet connection. Seems censorship just isn't what it used to be...

  • This content has been removed.
  • People are going way off topic. Anyways I think Fnaf would work especially with the new afton design. I will say though figuring out a power that is connected to his lore is going to be hard due to him only ever going through vents and hacking robots/ people, So they might have to do a Pyramid Head and make a power that isn't lore accurate.

  • Wow this thread was a rollercoaster. Honestly I wouldn't mind having fnaf in dbd as I am familiar with the franchise and despite what most people have said I think some from of afton could work if he came in.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    FNAF is just a license that simply doesn't fit. You won't even get a FNAF killer. You'll just get a sad attempt and making FNAF in DBD instead of you know, the whole point of those chapters? The point is to add the characters. Not the entire franchise. This was the crucial mistake and what led to the failure that was Nemesis. Hadnothing to do with him but was just diet RE.

    I feel like Fnaf is a bit more easier to work with then RE due to them having much more freedom in terms of making a power and and map. Afton especially. I feel like for RE they should have made the zombies a part of the RE map rather then the killer and give Nemesis the obvious Run ability and weapon ability.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737742#Comment_2737742

    You cannot support homophobes be it financially or however else and not yourself be homophobic. Sorry if you think that's "cancel culture" but that's just how it is.

    Homophobia is not a "bad opinion" and reducing it to such is a disservice to the massive damage it does to thousands of lives. Homophobia IS telling of someone's entire character - good people do not hate others for something as simple as love.

    It seems you are not really familiar with what Scott does in his free time. There are plenty of donations he made on streams from MatPat or other Fnaf Youtubers that were donations FOR THE lgbtq community. If you are really interested in that topic.. MatPat (The Game Theorist) made a nice and informative video about Scott and how he was handling the situation. There is also a lot of info about that topic in general. I can really recommend watching it. Before I saw the video I didn't really know if I wanted to support Scott/The Franchise anymore but now.. I guess I can understand Scott now and why he did what he did and it's fine with me. He's not homophobic and because a lot of people are saying that .. I am sure that has to do with his retirement. He does not want to pressure people and I think thats the best decision he could have made.

  • I like fnaf and have child nostalgia for it but seeing it in game in dbd would honestly seem very awkward

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303850/fnaf-security-breach-increases-william-aftons-chances

    Fnaf 1 Freddy should be the killer. Not Springtrap/William Afton. The series should be represented by its older games.

    Yea but freddy isnt the killer of the franchise. Afton is the bad guy and is the killer without a dout if we got a fnaf chapter

  • well, this got off topic pretty fast


    anyways, no. security breach doesn't increase the odds of Springtrap coming to dbd at all

  • I wouldn't be against it, my first ever concept was about FNaF, but it'd have to be FNaF 3 Springtrap, Scraptrap and Burntrap look really childish imo

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737723#Comment_2737723

    Eh. Lovecraft wasn’t the finest person either, yet his world has been a massive influence on horror media. Cthulu and “Old Ones” in particular remains a prevalent concept. It’s even hinted at in the Archives.

    Rowling has the same type of controversy surrounding her, yet her work still enjoys a massive fandom, as does FNaF.

    Seperate the art from the artist, ‘n all that.

    Isn't most of Rowling stuff taken out of context though?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    For what it's worth, the creator isn't really in charge of it now, he's stepped away following the controversy. I'm sure he's still getting royalties, but the latest game was made without his input.

    Also, the argument that it's going to bring a bunch of 12 year olds over is just not true. Wasn't true when people were claiming the trickster would have the forums completely taken over by k-pop stans, won't happen with FNAF. For one, the franchise is almost a decade old, so we already have people here who were 12 and played the first 3, they're adults (as much as any of us are) for two, adding a character from FNAF won't make this game FNAF any more than it was made RE by adding the Nemesis.

    Ive personally never played FNAF, as I don't enjoy jumpscares and find them a poor substitute for good horror, however from what I understand, the guy in the bunny suit is actually a rotting corpse who kills kids for the hell of it, and the other animatronics are all also dead kids who kill everyone they see at night out of rage? If that's correct it definitely fits the feel of DbD.

    In the end, I just want more. More maps, more killers, even more survivors. I don't care where they come from, so long as they are interesting and fun to play. You could give me Barney as a killer, so long as the big purple freak chomps off heads as a Mori, I'm on board to give it a try at least. Haunted looking run-down chuck-e-cheese ripoff for a map? Sounds fun to me. Either use FNAF or the movie Nick cage is starring in.

    Dude the FNAF fandom is entirely children and twitter people now I can't even joke about this lmao. Trust me when it drops at the very least, the twitter stans will FLOCK over here and we have enough of them as is.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737844#Comment_2737844

    Stop reducing homophobia to "a bad trait". It's not an opinion. It's not a trait. It's a PREJUDICE. Treat it as such.

    I was going to type out a long response but this really isn't worth my time. I'm not engaging with somebody who thinks calling out someone for donating to anti-LGBTQ+ politicians is on parr with homophobia. What a ridiculous sentiment.

    It's great that he donated to The Trevor Project - which I know is an LGBTQ+ charity because I'm gay - but that doesn't erase the fact he's supported lawmakers with anti-LGBTQ+ ideals. The Trevor Project has nowhere near as much influence or power as LAWMAKERS. It's all well and good saying "oh well he supported this LGBTQ+ charity!!" but what is that charity going to do should the lawmakers decide to strip away queer rights? How is this charity supposed to protect queer people against those running countries? They aren't on equal footing here.

    Don't lecture me about how I should "rethink" my morals because, as a gay person, I had the audacity to call out homophobia. How wrong of me to suggest that donating to homophobic lawmakers is homophobic.

    Non-homophobic people don't surround themselves with or support those who are homophobic. And that's final.

    Scott's entire familly got doxxed and recieved death threats

    tell me again what a rediculous sentiment it is to compare homophobia with accusing people of said horrible act.

    In the end of the day all humans are the same and there are people in every cummunity that will respond with hatefull acts towards things they don't agree with.

    The fact that the man who donated so much to an organitation that literaly saves children lives has to recieve death threats and have all his good actions brushed off like they never happened because of his political views is just sad.

    Really makes me question what the worth of a good action is anymore.

    They are brushed aside and forgotten so easilly that i seriously wonder why people still bother.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737792#Comment_2737792

    Dude the FNAF fandom is entirely children and twitter people now I can't even joke about this lmao. Trust me when it drops at the very least, the twitter stans will FLOCK over here and we have enough of them as is.

    Literally the exact same nonsense we heard about k-pop stans flocking in when trickster debuted... Still waiting for that to actually happen, but hey, it's only been what, 4 months?

  • Can we get Roxy so our talented artists in the community can have a field day?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738810#Comment_2738810

    Literally the exact same nonsense we heard about k-pop stans flocking in when trickster debuted... Still waiting for that to actually happen, but hey, it's only been what, 4 months?

    March 26th is when it was released, plus PTB time.

  • Time really has become meaningless since the big sickening, eh? Damn

    So yeah. 9.5 months, still not overrun by k-pop stans. Honestly I'm disappointed, I wanted to see what that would look like.

  • I think at this point it's a matter of when not if, could be later this year could be next year but I'd be shocked if it doesn't ever happen.


    I don't care about FNAF too much but atp I kind of just want springtrap to watch the community have another meltdown over nothing.

  • @Xendritch said:

    I think at this point it's a matter of when not if, could be later this year could be next year but I'd be shocked if it doesn't ever happen.

    I don't care about FNAF too much but atp I kind of just want springtrap to watch the community have another meltdown over nothing.

    Right? I honestly miss the "trickster will ruin DbD and horror forever!" Threads

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738810#Comment_2738810

    Literally the exact same nonsense we heard about k-pop stans flocking in when trickster debuted... Still waiting for that to actually happen, but hey, it's only been what, 4 months?

    Most kpop stans dont game thats the problem lol. And it did attract a HUGE audience of them so idk how it didn't happen?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2738637#Comment_2738637

    Him donating to LGBTQ+ charities doesn't cancel out the fact he donated to anti-LGBTQ+ lawmakers.

    Those two things are NOT on equal footing.

    I'd ask you to consider what would happen should said lawmakers actually decide to strip away LGBTQ+ rights? How are those charities, who have no legal power, going to prevent that? How are they going to actually protect queer people should the individuals RUNNING countries and the legal system decide to criminalise LGBTQ+ people? They CAN'T.

    So no, him donating to LGBTQ+ charities does erase the inherent homophobia of supporting anti-queer politicians.

    What law makers did he donate too that are anti LGBT im not aware?

  • My personal position on Scott is that it is extremely disappointing and a betrayal of his fan base's trust, but even then the backlash he received was excessive (death threats, for god's sake!) and at least he tries to do good in other ways.

    Putting all that aside though, I don't get why everyone on here is so elitist about FNaF. BHVR has stated multiple times that it prides itself on the idea that DbD is a Horror Hall of Fame, so why refuse one of the most prolific indie horror titles in recent memory, one that effectively kick-started its own sub genre? The very fact that Stranger Things made it in and even became one of the most beloved Chapters in the entire game, despite having a younger target audience than nearly every other license and not even being explicitly horror to me renders most arguments about FNaF and Springtrap in particular not fitting in with the rest of the cast invalid.

    And to the argument that the series is nothing but cheap jumpscares, the Hag exists.

  • @Emeraldwing said:

    My personal position on Scott is that it is extremely disappointing and a betrayal of his fan base's trust, but even then the backlash he received was excessive (death threats, for god's sake!) and at least he tries to do good in other ways.

    Putting all that aside though, I don't get why everyone on here is so elitist about FNaF. BHVR has stated multiple times that it prides itself on the idea that DbD is a Horror Hall of Fame, so why refuse one of the most prolific indie horror titles in recent memory, one that effectively kick-started its own sub genre? The very fact that Stranger Things made it in and even became one of the most beloved Chapters in the entire game, despite having a younger target audience than nearly every other license and not even being explicitly horror to me renders most arguments about FNaF and Springtrap in particular not fitting in with the rest of the cast invalid.

    And to the argument that the series is nothing but cheap jumpscares, the Hag exists.

    Because including it inherently makes a political statement. The best thing to do is not touch it with a 10' barge pole.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740190#Comment_2740190

    Because including it inherently makes a political statement. The best thing to do is not touch it with a 10' barge pole.

    People and companies don't really seem to see still enjoying and making new Harry Potter as a political statement. Isn't a new Fantastic Beasts coming out soon?

  • I have read exactly 0 responses to this post and I can only imagine how explosive they've been.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I have read exactly 0 responses to this post and I can only imagine how explosive they've been.

    Yeah it's been politics than homophobia stuff it's been all over the place when I just asked a question if Security Breach could increase Springtrap's chance of getting in lol.

  • @pizzaduffyhp90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740243#Comment_2740243

    Yeah it's been politics than homophobia stuff it's been all over the place when I just asked a question if Security Breach could increase Springtrap's chance of getting in lol.

    Given that Jeeper's Creepers is banned from ever joining DbD because of the actions of the director its not unreasnonable for FNAF to be banned for similar reasons.

    Aka the creators actions could make any popularity irrelevant for them joining.

  • @Emeraldwing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740199#Comment_2740199

    People and companies don't really seem to see still enjoying and making new Harry Potter as a political statement. Isn't a new Fantastic Beasts coming out soon?

    HP is, bizarrely, more separable from its author than FNaF is from its original creator. It also had decades of inertia before Rowling managed to antagonise many of the people that grew up reading it (and some major death of the author stuff going on), not to mention the sheer scale of it.

    FNaF is small potatoes in comparison.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740252#Comment_2740252

    Given that Jeeper's Creepers is banned from ever joining DbD because of the actions of the director its not unreasnonable for FNAF to be banned for similar reasons.

    Aka the creators actions could make any popularity irrelevant for them joining.

    Well even with that Jeepers creepers issue there's also other reasons to that mainly being he fly's and they already said we ain't gonna get anyone who fly's which makes sense for the gameplay but, also a little sad but, I can let the Creeper slide he's not one of my most requested characters but I wouldn't be upset if he got in.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740252#Comment_2740252

    Given that Jeeper's Creepers is banned from ever joining DbD because of the actions of the director its not unreasnonable for FNAF to be banned for similar reasons.

    Aka the creators actions could make any popularity irrelevant for them joining.

    They're both horrible, but I don't think it's fair to compare Cawthon's negligent homophobia with Salva's very active and intentional pedophilia.

    @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740208#Comment_2740208

    HP is, bizarrely, more separable from its author than FNaF is from its original creator. It also had decades of inertia before Rowling managed to antagonise many of the people that grew up reading it (and some major death of the author stuff going on), not to mention the sheer scale of it.

    FNaF is small potatoes in comparison.

    Yeah, I get your point. Scott was far more engaged with his community than Rowling probably ever was. Just look at the Fazbear Fanverse Initiative. It only made all this drama so much worse. I wonder if that perception will change once Scott officially announces his successor for the franchise.

  • @Emeraldwing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740259#Comment_2740259

    They're both horrible, but I don't think it's fair to compare Cawthon's negligent homophobia with Salva's very active and intentional pedophilia.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740270#Comment_2740270

    Yeah, I get your point. Scott was far more engaged with his community than Rowling probably ever was. Just look at the Fazbear Fanverse Initiative. It only made all this drama so much worse. I wonder if that perception will change once Scott officially announces his successor for the franchise.

    I wasn't trying to say they were a fair comparison just that Jeeper's Creepers is the only publicly known banned franchise so it was the only example I could use.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2739199#Comment_2739199

    Most kpop stans dont game thats the problem lol. And it did attract a HUGE audience of them so idk how it didn't happen?

    So do most k-pop stans not game, or did it attract a large number? From your post it looks like you are trying to claim both, which is nonsensical.

  • I fail to see any issue with bringing FNAF in, and in fact it'd be beneficial for the game.

    You can personally not want FNAF, but being like "it'd ruin the game" and "it's too childish" ironically makes you the childish one for trying to gatekeep.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2739901#Comment_2739901

    So do most k-pop stans not game, or did it attract a large number? From your post it looks like you are trying to claim both, which is nonsensical.

    I didn't claim both I said most don't game but it did attract a large amount of them...do you not know how many kpop stans there are? Like literal millions. And DBD attracted a large number of those millions. If the only argument you have is trying to use word play then please just sit down.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2739902#Comment_2739902

    I provided some links to news articles on the first page of this discussion thread if you want to have a look.

    But to name one, Donald Trump...

    Im not gonna comment on this one chief 💀

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740315#Comment_2740315

    I didn't claim both I said most don't game but it did attract a large amount of them...do you not know how many kpop stans there are? Like literal millions. And DBD attracted a large number of those millions. If the only argument you have is trying to use word play then please just sit down.

    And the game suffered how, exactly? I was told to expect horrible things. Instead the forums are the exact same, the games are the exact same, nothing at all changed... So it seems like, just with every other time, it was a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. If this game did attract a large number of k pop stans, they appear to be the kind who enjoy quietly playing and supporting a game without being obnoxious, why wouldn't we want more of that?

  • I see people doesn't understand what happened with Scott donating to 'homophobic people'

    He donated to some politics who he thought were the correct persons, and well, that didn't end up as he thought, that's it, he made a mistake and he never wanted to hurt anybody

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740735#Comment_2740735

    And the game suffered how, exactly? I was told to expect horrible things. Instead the forums are the exact same, the games are the exact same, nothing at all changed... So it seems like, just with every other time, it was a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. If this game did attract a large number of k pop stans, they appear to be the kind who enjoy quietly playing and supporting a game without being obnoxious, why wouldn't we want more of that?

    Game got noticeably more toxic, lots more online shaming, lot less diversity in opinion, social media got plagued with so much more toxicity as well.

  • I’d rather the piece of garbage creator doesn’t get money from a FNAF chapter.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740741#Comment_2740741

    Game got noticeably more toxic, lots more online shaming, lot less diversity in opinion, social media got plagued with so much more toxicity as well.

    Not that I've seen. On killer I've had people tell me to kill myself for 5 years, nothing appreciably changed with trickster. On survivor side killers have gotten a bit sweatier, but that's on the balance, and has nothing to do with K pop stans.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742190#Comment_2742190

    Not that I've seen. On killer I've had people tell me to kill myself for 5 years, nothing appreciably changed with trickster. On survivor side killers have gotten a bit sweatier, but that's on the balance, and has nothing to do with K pop stans.

    If you know the slang then you'd know lol. As someone who used to actually be apart of the kpop stan community I can literally see at least one twitter slang toxic message after my matches a day.

1 2 ›