BHVR clearly hates Spirit and Artist

You reveal that Spirit’s inspiration is coming to DBD and probably will pull a Billy with Spirit soon to make everyone buy the ring girl with money over saving shards for an original. Spirit will always be better so don’t do anything to her BHVR or I’m probably quitting the game. I almost quit when NFTs happened but Spirit was the only thing keeping me from leaving.

Also, it’s been only two weeks since Artist came out and let’s just forget all about her like that and reveal the next chapter that probably won’t come out for another 3 months. How about you instead give Artist some love with cosmetics because she only has 3?

Rin and Carmina don’t deserve any of this!

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Was it ever confirmed she was based on Samara? Like I'm generally asking, I don't know.

    If she wasn't, I'd think they wouldn't touch her. Also Samara has so much more that she can go off than just phasing around the map.

  • @QwQw said:

    I don't understand why Samara couldn't have just been a legendary skin for Spirit.

    well one is a child and the other is in her early 20's sooooooooooooooooooooooo

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697908#Comment_2697908

    Because Spirit was mostly inspired by ring girl and I assume she’ll have about the same power just like Bubba and Billy.

    I always thought she was inspired by Kayako for Ju-On aka The Grudge.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Wow for a moment I thought BHVR actually said something about nerfing Spirit, then I realized it’s all just your own conspiracy theories.

    Yeah and I hope my theory is dead wrong.

  • yeah but Krampus is demon from actual folklore and is not affected by age so BHVR could easily make their own version. Spirit is BHVR's take on an onryo and she died in her early 20's. Ringu is a pure licensed character and came back as a ghost when she died as a child. They can't change her appearance too much without the licensers approval. Giving her an extra 3 feet in height would be changing her so much that you wouldn't even be able to call her Sadako.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    Was it ever confirmed she was based on Samara? Like I'm generally asking, I don't know.

    If she wasn't, I'd think they wouldn't touch her. Also Samara has so much more that she can go off than just phasing around the map.

    Probably, I hope not.

  • Him: Devs clearly hate Spirit & Artist

    New chapter released

    Him: New Killer best girl

  • For those whom don't understand

    Hillbilly was an OG Killer... whose inspiration was Leatherface AKA Bubba

    But then BHVR got the Texas Chainsaw Massacre License... and introduced Leatherface AKA Bubba

    Is the same thing as Spirit being inspired by The Ring

    And now BHVR might/will be introducing her (The Ring woman) as the next killer

    Am I right or am I wrong @TheGannMan?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Him: Devs clearly hate Spirit & Artist

    New chapter released

    Him: New Killer best girl

    Artist was the only one that came close. If she wasn’t so fun and interesting, she would’ve been on most other killer’s levels. Spirit still and will always sit proudly at the top of my list.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    For those whom don't understand

    Hillbilly was an OG Killer... whose inspiration was Leatherface AKA Bubba

    But then BHVR got the Texas Chainsaw Massacre License... and introduced Leatherface AKA Bubba

    Is the same thing as Spirit being inspired by The Ring

    And now BHVR might/will be introducing her (The Ring woman) as the next killer

    Am I right or am I wrong @TheGannMan?

    I mean I don’t know I’m just stating a theory that I hope is wrong.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698069#Comment_2698069

    Why? Is there a problem with my relationship with Spirit?

    LOL.

    I actually love how passionate @TheGannMan is about Spirit and Artist. I wish we had more people on the forums repping their mains.

    That being said, I get where he is coming from. When I saw this, the first message I sent to my friends in our DBD chat was "poor Spirit." Still, it's so early that there is no need to get too riled up about it. My current theory is that they are going to recycle some of Demodoggies teleportation powers. Or maybe some combination of Demodoggie and Pig's traps. Some kind of a slow down mechanic that gives Survivors another objective, or Sadako pops up and one shots/kills you. I'm also expecting another scourge hook perk.

    All in all, this has piqued my interest. And if it means anything TGM, I'll still play Spirit! 😁

  • @Underdawg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698074#Comment_2698074

    LOL.

    I actually love how passionate @TheGannMan is about Spirit and Artist. I wish we had more people on the forums repping their mains.

    That being said, I get where he is coming from. When I saw this, the first message I sent to my friends in our DBD chat was "poor Spirit." Still, it's so early that there is no need to get too riled up about it. My current theory is that they are going to recycle some of Demodoggies teleportation powers. Or maybe some combination of Demodoggie and Pig's traps. Some kind of a slow down mechanic that gives Survivors another objective, or Sadako pops up and one shots/kills you. I'm also expecting another scourge hook perk.

    All in all, this has piqued my interest. And if it means anything TGM, I'll still play Spirit! 😁

    Aww thanks so much for this wholesome and heartwarming comment 😊

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697983#Comment_2697983

    Praying we never get sci fi stuff like the alien we need real horror :/

    Man, what is it with this community and gatekeeping the horror genre?

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    For those whom don't understand

    Hillbilly was an OG Killer... whose inspiration was Leatherface AKA Bubba

    But then BHVR got the Texas Chainsaw Massacre License... and introduced Leatherface AKA Bubba

    Is the same thing as Spirit being inspired by The Ring

    And now BHVR might/will be introducing her (The Ring woman) as the next killer

    Am I right or am I wrong @TheGannMan?

    I think it's possible for being inspiried by something without being a replica. Bubba is basically a replica of Billy. I don't think Samara (or Sadako in the case of Ringu) is as cut and paste for Spirit as Billy was for Bubba if Spirit was based on The Ring.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698318#Comment_2698318

    I think it's possible for being inspiried by something without being a replica. Bubba is basically a replica of Billy. I don't think Samara (or Sadako in the case of Ringu) is as cut and paste for Spirit as Billy was for Bubba if Spirit was based on The Ring.

    I don't think so either but people were confused so I was basically just shrinking the comments into one simple easy to read (Hopefully) comment

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698318#Comment_2698318

    I mean I don’t know I’m just stating a theory that I hope is wrong.

    Hey we all have theories... you don't want to know what mine is though... it's really stupid

    But then again it's BHVR we're talking about so anything is possible

  • calm down first, artist just came out no killer gets new cosmetics super fast, second sometimes characters insperations get added it's fine it's why we have bubba and billy as for the artist no one has forgotten about her she is still a strong top tier meta killer and she'll get more skins in time especially since they dropped her a skin for the event.

  • Why are they announcing new chapter so soon?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Why are they announcing new chapter so soon?

    Honestly that's such a good question. This isn't like what happened with Resident Evil where they wanted to announce it on their anniversary stream. So what's the reason for this one being so far away from the ptb?

  • @Fountainoflife said:

    Artist is cool shes is a fun killer, however spirit been in the spot light way too long and needs to just take a long do time out, hope she gets more nerfed more cant stand spirit, who likes something that is dead image of disconfigured ew. Twins look even more appealing than spirit.

    You actually created new account just for this? Lmao

  • Idk, I hate spirit

  • I'd take Sadako over her budget knock-off any day.

    Spirit is like a placeholder until the real deal could be obtained.

    Also, major plus, no goddamn annoying vacuum noises and WAHs in the lobby.

  • @Fountainoflife said:

    Artist is cool shes is a fun killer, however spirit been in the spot light way too long and needs to just take a long do time out, hope she gets more nerfed more cant stand spirit, who likes something that is dead image of disconfigured ew. Twins look even more appealing than spirit.

    Pls don't.

  • Going by the movies, I doubt Ring whatever will have a power similar or even derivative from Spirit's. I expect some sort of mobility where she emerges maybe from walls and a side objective in the form of some curse that must be dispelled. I don't even know if she'll have antiloop.

    Spirit will always be better so don’t do anything to her BHVR or I’m probably quitting the game.

    I'm sure Mathieu is terrified right now and has already left for your house to beg you to stay and never leave him again.

  • @NAERUUU said:

    Idk, I hate spirit

    Ok good for you.

  • More seriously, I know your nervous but ,,, no one can replace spirit.

    so, be happy dude :D

  • @NAERUUU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698590#Comment_2698590

    More seriously, I know your nervous but ,,, no one can replace spirit.

    so, be happy dude :D

    Thanks for this. I’m sorry for my condescending comment, I’m just in a ######### mood right now. I’ll try to be happier though 👍

  • Spirit is a poor ripoff of Kayako anyway

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697908#Comment_2697908

    Because Spirit was mostly inspired by ring girl and I assume she’ll have about the same power just like Bubba and Billy.

    She was inspired by Kayako, not Sadako from Ringu. Kayako belongs to Ju-On.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Why are they announcing new chapter so soon?

    My guess is cause the artist was leaked and spoiled so early they just decides to say screw it no more fun teases for you guys.

    Or licesing stuff.

    Or error on their part.

    Maybe they were sick of fnaf post lol.

  • @legacycolt said:

    I get the artist part but the first part…? What do you think they’ll do to the spirit and what does billy/ spirit have to do with ringu??

    The ring chapter is coming so he's basically saying that knowing how BH works, they will nerf spirit to make the new killer shine, since it's inspired by the spirit.


    Remember how fun and strong Billy used to be? Yeah, that was before BH butchered him, so, that's the "billy treatment".

  • OMG Rin and Carmina deserve better than this! My friends, OMG!

    Bhvr your pixels are offended!

  • @GannTM said:

    You reveal that Spirit’s inspiration is coming to DBD and probably will pull a Billy with Spirit soon to make everyone buy the ring girl with money over saving shards for an original. Spirit will always be better so don’t do anything to her BHVR or I’m probably quitting the game. I almost quit when NFTs happened but Spirit was the only thing keeping me from leaving.

    Also, it’s been only two weeks since Artist came out and let’s just forget all about her like that and reveal the next chapter that probably won’t come out for another 3 months. How about you instead give Artist some love with cosmetics because she only has 3?

    Rin and Carmina don’t deserve any of this!

    Chill, nobody is going to touch Spirit any time soon. She just got a bit of a rework so that we can play her without feeling bad for the survivor and have some more fun add-ons. And yes, I honestly like her new add-ons as I prefer interesting abilities over stat buffs. Spirit also is more like the Ghost form "The Grudge" and not the lady from The Ring in my opinion. Sure they come from the same genre but that does not mean their abilities are going to be the same...

    They gave the bird lady one of the coolest starting cosmetics since...well a very long time with her frost look. They gave Rin a pretty neat frost look too...I do not think that we need to worry about this.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698593#Comment_2698593

    Thanks for this. I’m sorry for my condescending comment, I’m just in a ######### mood right now. I’ll try to be happier though 👍

    Np dude ;))

  • @QwQw said:

    I don't understand why Samara couldn't have just been a legendary skin for Spirit.

    Yo please stop with that "Samara". The name is Sadako.


    Thanks.

  • Look as a Jeff main I understand your pain but artist hasn’t even been out a month. She has also just got her green skins through prime gaming.

    As for spirit nothing is stopping you from playing her and she has like the most cosmetics of any killer barring legion but they are an exception due to there being 4 of them.

    Your waifu’s will be fine

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697903#Comment_2697903

    Yo please stop with that "Samara". The name is Sadako.

    Thanks.

    Well, I'm American. That's how I'm used to seeing her addressed. I only just learned she has a second name.

  • I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697948#Comment_2697948

    If it’s similar to Spirit and makes Spirit irrelevant I’m uninstalling.

    Bro u will keep having spirit gameplay Rin is gonna be like pig + Freddy teleport to wells.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

    Mandy if I guess right that ringu killer gonna be like pig + freddy I hope I get 1k aurics cells! :D joking but at least gift me the chapter :(

  • Spirit has been irrelevant for a few months now.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Spirit has been irrelevant for a few months now.

    She's still a very good killer lmfao

  • I really doubt BHVR is gonna nerf your Rin-chan again. They generally don't nerf killers twice, they go hard once and tell them to gtfo.

    More than anything you should be grateful they didn't completely nerf her into the ground like the others.

  • As good as Slinger considering I see them maybe once a week and they both get dumpstered every time.

    There's no reason to play either of them over Wraith/Huntress.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697908#Comment_2697908

    Because Spirit was mostly inspired by ring girl and I assume she’ll have about the same power just like Bubba and Billy.

    I was under the impression Spirit was inspired by Onryō? In Japanese mythology they are are vengeful spirits, literal translation iirc

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Why are they announcing new chapter so soon?

    I agree like we just got Artist this feels so rushed.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

    But why did you guys announce a teaser just 2 weeks after Artist came out??

1 2 3