BHVR clearly hates Spirit and Artist

You reveal that Spirit’s inspiration is coming to DBD and probably will pull a Billy with Spirit soon to make everyone buy the ring girl with money over saving shards for an original. Spirit will always be better so don’t do anything to her BHVR or I’m probably quitting the game. I almost quit when NFTs happened but Spirit was the only thing keeping me from leaving.

Also, it’s been only two weeks since Artist came out and let’s just forget all about her like that and reveal the next chapter that probably won’t come out for another 3 months. How about you instead give Artist some love with cosmetics because she only has 3?

Rin and Carmina don’t deserve any of this!

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I think you're overreacting.

    The Billy/Bubba situation... Bubba didn't really steal the spotlight from Billy, what did was the devs deciding to "rework" Billy without anyone asking.

    Billy used to be in the top 3 killers along with Nurse and Spirit. The reason you stopped seeing Billy so much was not because Bubba came out, was because of the unnecessary nerf.

  • I mean, Bubba coming into the game didn't kill hilbilly at all. This is a massive overreaction to a cool announcement.

  • @GannTM said:

    You reveal that Spirit’s inspiration is coming to DBD and probably will pull a Billy with Spirit soon to make everyone buy the ring girl with money over saving shards for an original. Spirit will always be better so don’t do anything to her BHVR or I’m probably quitting the game. I almost quit when NFTs happened but Spirit was the only thing keeping me from leaving.

    Also, it’s been only two weeks since Artist came out and let’s just forget all about her like that and reveal the next chapter that probably won’t come out for another 3 months. How about you instead give Artist some love with cosmetics because she only has 3?

    Rin and Carmina don’t deserve any of this!

    I alway thought sprirts inspiration was just Japanese folklore and to an extent the the grudge franchise not the the ring franchise

  • Well, this is a perfectly reasonable reaction.

    You want a killer that BHVR neglects at best or despises at worst? Twins are *right there*

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Spirit has been irrelevant for a few months now.

    She really hasn’t.

  • Dude BHVR settled all that NFT nonsense and have made it right. On the merc store you can buy a nature themed NFT and all proceeds go towards buying vegetables.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    Dude BHVR settled all that NFT nonsense and have made it right. On the merc store you can buy a nature themed NFT and all proceeds go towards buying vegetables.

    When did they fix NFTs exactly?

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    OMG Rin and Carmina deserve better than this! My friends, OMG!

    Bhvr your pixels are offended!

    What is with comments like this? What purpose do they serve?

  • They didn't. Boss protocol just cut ties and hired an actual artist because they were tied of being laughed at.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699163#Comment_2699163

    They didn't. Boss protocol just cut ties and hired an actual artist because they were tied of being laughed at.

    Oh ok. We all know they still support NFTs though.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

    Maybe you’re right and I’m just overreacting. This is how much I love Spirit though - I’ll make overreaction theories like this.

    I’m sorry Mandy, I didn’t try to make specific assumptions about y’all. Please take good care of my killer though. She does mean more to me than a lot of people on the forums would think.

  • I'd say Artist is S tier, most killers just not using her right. I don't play Artist but I've went against really good ones already where there's very little counterplay if they play a certain way.

    Basically they have some perk like discordance, surveillance hit you with birds on gen (or w/o perk just spam gens until they get someone). They then see you with birds on you, wait for bird cool down to set up three in the direction you're going, send all 3 quickly hit you crossmap and you cant dodge 3 of them with their generous hitboxes. Unlike say huntress hatchets, birds go through walls as well.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

    While I can appreciate that this is disturbing to you, please understand its really easy for people to get dejected about their characters and the lack of ANY response from BHVR concerning them.

    1. Billy was overnerfed and despite endless threads asking why and can you fix him, no answer.
    2. The Twins are basically a chore to play and play against, aren't ever considered for cosmetics and for events (Snowman victor bug) despite a new thread every week saying "BHVR forgets/hates Twins."
    3. Spirit got turned into a nothingburger vs teams who can listen for a whooshing noise. No comment from BHVR.


    So while I believe there are passionate and caring members of your team, we just .. DONT SEE IT. We don't get the notes from discussions, we don't know whats in your minds, we know nothing until a killer like freaking PINHEAD is nerfed with no explanation of why. Then your dev team says, "Go play Civs."

    I know YOU care. I know some people care, but its easy to feel like no one does.

    Please Reply,

    -Me

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

    Thank you.

  • @GannTM said:

    You reveal that Spirit’s inspiration is coming to DBD and probably will pull a Billy with Spirit soon to make everyone buy the ring girl with money over saving shards for an original. Spirit will always be better so don’t do anything to her BHVR or I’m probably quitting the game. I almost quit when NFTs happened but Spirit was the only thing keeping me from leaving.

    Also, it’s been only two weeks since Artist came out and let’s just forget all about her like that and reveal the next chapter that probably won’t come out for another 3 months. How about you instead give Artist some love with cosmetics because she only has 3?

    Rin and Carmina don’t deserve any of this!

    Ohh no the spirit main is upset

  • Thank you for adding on to the conversation with your informative and thoughtful comment.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

    If we see some convenient nerfs to either of those killers prior to the Ringu chapter are you going to come back here and eat crow?

    Edit: Before you take that as a personal slight or bitterness, I would expect @TheGannMan to do the same exact thing if they end up being wrong. BHVR does not have a good track record with killer roster management, you can't really be surprised by his reaction.

  • @M1MASTER said:

    I really doubt BHVR is gonna nerf your Rin-chan again. They generally don't nerf killers twice, they go hard once and tell them to gtfo.

    More than anything you should be grateful they didn't completely nerf her into the ground like the others.

    They've already nerfed her hard twice, and said they have more nerfs in reserve.

  • please this hurts to read, you like spirit cause of her inspiration from the ring but you don't want the ring added??

    you shouldnt be this attached to a fictional character its not healthy

    also spirit is still one of the strongest killers and she's not becoming irrelevant anytime soon and no there's no chance ring girl would have a similar ability

    Bubba and Billy are nothing alike and play completely differently

  • @CragGamin said:

    please this hurts to read, you like spirit cause of her inspiration from the ring but you don't want the ring added??

    you shouldnt be this attached to a fictional character its not healthy

    also spirit is still one of the strongest killers and she's not becoming irrelevant anytime soon and no there's no chance ring girl would have a similar ability

    Bubba and Billy are nothing alike and play completely differently

    Hello and welcome to the fog!

  • @CragGamin said:

    please this hurts to read, you like spirit cause of her inspiration from the ring but you don't want the ring added??

    you shouldnt be this attached to a fictional character its not healthy

    also spirit is still one of the strongest killers and she's not becoming irrelevant anytime soon and no there's no chance ring girl would have a similar ability

    Bubba and Billy are nothing alike and play completely differently

    I’ve never liked Spirit because she was inspired by something. I started loving her because when I started playing her, I was having fun with her and she about saved me from ######### I was dealing with back in the day. It’s not “unhealthy” to have an attachment with a character. Wake up people.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699946#Comment_2699946

    I’ve never liked Spirit because she was inspired by something. I started loving her because when I started playing her, I was having fun with her and she about saved me from ######### I was dealing with back in the day. It’s not “unhealthy” to have an attachment with a character. Wake up people.

    that's good for you lad, good that you like having fun with spirit but guess what? the new killer won't affect spirit in anyway so just get on with spirit and stop making pointles complaints

  • @CJ48 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699956#Comment_2699956

    that's good for you lad, good that you like having fun with spirit but guess what? the new killer won't affect spirit in anyway so just get on with spirit and stop making pointles complaints

    Wait so what was your point anyway?

  • that his original post literally makes no sense, the new killer will not affect spirit in any way

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699946#Comment_2699946

    I’ve never liked Spirit because she was inspired by something. I started loving her because when I started playing her, I was having fun with her and she about saved me from ######### I was dealing with back in the day. It’s not “unhealthy” to have an attachment with a character. Wake up people.

    it is unhealthy when you're getting this triggered over a small announcement that'll make no difference, something so small and trivial especially about a fictional character should not affect you this much. The ring girl wont hurt your pixels dude

  • @CJ48 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699959#Comment_2699959

    that his original post literally makes no sense, the new killer will not affect spirit in any way

    You never argued that point though..

  • @CragGamin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699956#Comment_2699956

    it is unhealthy when you're getting this triggered over a small announcement that'll make no difference, something so small and trivial especially about a fictional character should not affect you this much. The ring girl wont hurt your pixels dude

    Why did you create a new account just to come on this post?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699967#Comment_2699967

    Why did you create a new account just to come on this post?

    because i didn't have an account previously and this post hurt my head. how would you feel about a spirit nft

  • I did, can you read my second post?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699967#Comment_2699967

    Why did you create a new account just to come on this post?

    I call that "fan behavior"

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm a bit at a loss with this thread quite frankly. To say we hate two of our popular characters because a new chapter is announced is a stretch for sure.

    And whilst I appreciate the passion in this thread, to actually draw any conclusions about how comparable Spirit is to the Ringu chapter at this stage is slightly over the top due to no information being made public as to the character, the power etc - the only thing that's known is that it's the original Japanese Ringu and the month of release...nothing else, no powers etc.

    I suggest waiting for more information closer to the release, before making judgements on it.

    Its (Somewhat)reasonable fear over what happened to billy given that the devs seemingly nerfed him into the ground and stopped caring about him after they buffed Leatherface to take his place.

    What happened to billy will continue to haunt the game/community until its fixed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2699999#Comment_2699999

    On a positive side note. I decided to try spirit for the first time today after reading this post. 4k match but I suspect really new players. Think I’ll main her for a while.

    She’s very fun and I would love to see her as survivor more often so reading that made me happy :)

  • As far as I (and google) know, Spirit is inspired by Japanese folklore and not by Ring or any movie.

    Maybe her standing hair was semi inspired by movie Grudge but thats about it.

    She is still one of the most complained killers so I doubt BHVR would create another killer with similar power to hers.

    Only thing they have in common is being Japanese

  • 5y4b2c.jpg

    This entire topic reminds me of this.

  • @GannTM said:

    You reveal that Spirit’s inspiration is coming to DBD and probably will pull a Billy with Spirit soon to make everyone buy the ring girl with money over saving shards for an original. Spirit will always be better so don’t do anything to her BHVR or I’m probably quitting the game. I almost quit when NFTs happened but Spirit was the only thing keeping me from leaving.

    Also, it’s been only two weeks since Artist came out and let’s just forget all about her like that and reveal the next chapter that probably won’t come out for another 3 months. How about you instead give Artist some love with cosmetics because she only has 3?

    Rin and Carmina don’t deserve any of this!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TS9InQEfm8

    When Rin's time comes you are welcome to join me in reminiscing the good times we had.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697908#Comment_2697908

    Because Spirit was mostly inspired by ring girl and I assume she’ll have about the same power just like Bubba and Billy.

    source for the inspiration claim?

  • @CragGamin said:

    please this hurts to read, you like spirit cause of her inspiration from the ring but you don't want the ring added??

    you shouldnt be this attached to a fictional character its not healthy

    also spirit is still one of the strongest killers and she's not becoming irrelevant anytime soon and no there's no chance ring girl would have a similar ability

    Bubba and Billy are nothing alike and play completely differently

    image.png

    ok watch what you say. Gann did not like spirit because of her similarities to the ring. I'm the one who plays spirit because she's closest to the ring and unlike what you said I want the Ring in DBD more than any other license.

    image.png

    That's how books work. You're supposed to get attached to characters. If not it's not going to be a good book. Also movies as well do this so character's can actually have weight.

1 2 3 ›