Everyone Don’t you think there should Be a Christmas Event

Where the flashlights have lights on them Pallets have light on them then when you stun the killer is makes a jingle noise and Christmas trees in stared of totems or like you consume the Christmas tree then h get a hat or outfit if u escape with it

Comments

  • I hope there will be a Christmas event. But not like the one we had last year, I don't even want to call that an event lmao

    Do you know what would be fun? If you could collect something in the trial, like a Christmas hat. And if you escape with it, as a survivor you'll get the ugly sweater for that character for free, and for killer, you'll unlock a new ugly sweater for that killer. That would be awesome

  • I wonder if they will add an event tome for christmas like they did for halloween. I like this kind of events, its similar to the old ones where you could unlock skins.

  • Devs said that they want to focus only on 2 holidays - Halloween and Lunar New Year (or anniversary I don't remember), because events are very time consuming. Seems like they found the way to make good events in time. I like the idea of making little simple archives for events + some simple mechanic like crushing pumpkins or snowmen.

  • Why? Christmas is only important for certain religions.

  • @R2k said:

    Why? Christmas is only important for certain religions.

    Well, I mean, Lunar New Year is also celebrated only in China, yet we have a yearly event for it and several cosmetics to complement it.

  • Santa Clown Santa Clown Santa all the way

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    I hope there will be a Christmas event. But not like the one we had last year, I don't even want to call that an event lmao

    Do you know what would be fun? If you could collect something in the trial, like a Christmas hat. And if you escape with it, as a survivor you'll get the ugly sweater for that character for free, and for killer, you'll unlock a new ugly sweater for that killer. That would be awesome

    I dont care about ugly sweaters but now I want santa hats for my survivors lol. That would be dope

  • I'd be happy with Christmas light around gens/hooks and winter items in the bloodweb

    I'll be impressed if they can arrange something more than that, but never give up hope

  • @kaeru said:

    Devs said that they want to focus only on 2 holidays - Halloween and Lunar New Year (or anniversary I don't remember), because events are very time consuming. Seems like they found the way to make good events in time. I like the idea of making little simple archives for events + some simple mechanic like crushing pumpkins or snowmen.

    Halloween and anniversary only

  • There will be an in game celebration and items returning dw

  • All I want for Christmas is for the game to stop being so killer sided. But since we can't have that, ugly sweaters are nice. The one thing killers will never have.

  • If there is a Winter Solstice 2021, I will be returning to the Fog.

    ...To the lobby, at least.

    I NEED to hear this in-game again:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdcp8xl5WPQ&ab_channel=BlitzDuzm

    And see this:

    image.png


  • Unpopular opinion but I don’t like Events that change/add game mechanics like the pumpkins. I would rather see something new like that added to the base game. (I miss the pumpkins…)

    Events gens/hooks/dekos, Lobby, items etc are great. But people will still say BBQ event was better than modern ones even though they were functionally the same.

    Event tomes should be added to the archive. Missing some BP and didn’t read all the story’s from Midnight Grove..

  • @Mooks said:

    Unpopular opinion but I don’t like Events that change/add game mechanics like the pumpkins. I would rather see something new like that added to the base game. (I miss the pumpkins…)

    Events gens/hooks/dekos, Lobby, items etc are great. But people will still say BBQ event was better than modern ones even though they were functionally the same.

    Event tomes should be added to the archive. Missing some BP and didn’t read all the story’s from Midnight Grove..

    BBQ Event was the best tho...

    Second only to the legendary Hallowed Blight.

  • @Mooks said:

    Unpopular opinion but I don’t like Events that change/add game mechanics like the pumpkins. I would rather see something new like that added to the base game. (I miss the pumpkins…)

    Events gens/hooks/dekos, Lobby, items etc are great. But people will still say BBQ event was better than modern ones even though they were functionally the same.

    Event tomes should be added to the archive. Missing some BP and didn’t read all the story’s from Midnight Grove..

    Midnight grove tome had story?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644920#Comment_2644920

    BBQ Event was the best tho...

    Second only to the legendary Hallowed Blight.

    what was so good about BBQ?

    hallowed blight I can understand because an actual different mechanic with the pustula flowers (and I remember the vast majority of the community complained about them; but at least I can see that it was something special). BBQ was literally only reskinned stuff and iirc only one Kate shirt and Hillbilly weapon to earn.

    edit: autocorrect hid a waschbar in here

    DA02DD12-9FF0-469C-8A08-FBDBAB0F0158.jpeg


  • Yeah. It were three entries. It were Halloween story’s Mikaela read in her cafe. I read two of the three. I don’t think I missed much and probably can find a YouTube video.. still don’t see the reason to completely remove it..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644925#Comment_2644925

    what waschbar was so good about BBQ?

    hallowed blight I can understand because an actual different mechanic with the pustula flowers (and I remember the vast majority of the community complained about them; but at least I can see that it was something special). BBQ was literally only reskinned stuff and iirc only one Kate shirt and Hillbilly weapon to earn.

    Special hooks, special gens, cosmetics that you can actually earn, and a hell of a good theme.

    Though, let us be honest...one of the reasons why that event is so good...is because the game was on its best state ever, back then.

    EDIT:

    image.png

    See his gesture? It forms a "V".

    You know why?

    Because the raccoon supports GeneralV for Dead by Daylight's owner!

  • @Irisora said:

    I wonder if they will add an event tome for christmas like they did for halloween. I like this kind of events, its similar to the old ones where you could unlock skins.

    I like those events too.

  • It's sad to say, but I only want any event we can get because I want extra bloodpoints.

    Farming for bloodpoints is absolutely grueling... makes me not wanna play seeing people with perks I want together knowing I can't get them for a loooong time.

  • I would like this game to embrace its more goofy over scary nature a bit. TBH, it would be awesome if we had a Christmas event. Make it so that killers can get a "Ho Ho Ho" emote and survivors can get a "present" item. When they open it in a match they get a unique Christmas themed item to use in game which comes with some special add ons. Oh, and Freddy gets to say the B word

  • BHVR can't code sorry but hey! here is a 150k Christmas BP Code and a FREE Candy Cane Charm.

  • There most likely will be a Christmas sale.

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    BHVR can't code sorry but hey! here is a 150k Christmas BP Code and a FREE Candy Cane Charm.

    I hate how accurate your comment is.

  • There is gonna be a christmas event

    PTB showed Winter Party Starters as "disabled", cant see why they would even touch them unless they had something planned

  • Is Santa Clause next killer confirmed?

  • @GannTM said:

    Is Santa Clause next killer confirmed?

    We only need Santa Clown :)

    image.png


  • @Elcopollo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644698#Comment_2644698

    Well, I mean, Lunar New Year is also celebrated only in China, yet we have a yearly event for it and several cosmetics to complement it.

    Korea and Vietnam also celebrate lunar new year, along with several other countries.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644930#Comment_2644930

    Special hooks, special gens, cosmetics that you can actually earn, and a hell of a good theme.

    Though, let us be honest...one of the reasons why that event is so good...is because the game was on its best state ever, back then.

    EDIT:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G68EH5M4IF7B/image.png

    See his gesture? It forms a "V".

    You know why?

    Because the raccoon supports GeneralV for Dead by Daylight's owner!

    Every event has different hooks and gens, the cosmetics were pretty bad and it took a lot of time to get them and the thing about being the best state of the is debatable.

    The only pros i can give that event are the lobby music and the gens that looked pretty sick.

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644938#Comment_2644938

    Every event has different hooks and gens, the cosmetics were pretty bad and it took a lot of time to get them and the thing about being the best state of the is debatable.

    The only pros i can give that event are the lobby music and the gens that looked pretty sick.

    Uhhh...no?

    Recent (and pathetic) events such as Scarlet Swarm, Eternal Blight, 5th Year Anniversary, Gilded Stampede, Advent Calendar and Midnight Grove did not have special cosmetics that could be unlocked through the main objective.

    Heck, only the anniversary and recent halloween had cosmetics that you could earn, and both were EXTREMELY bad.

    Additionally, the only debatable thing here is whether or not those cosmetics were good, and I think they were.

  • I wish we had more lore related event, maybe during winter the entity was weaker since it spent a lot of energy during the blight and the realm becomes colder as a result.

    Cosmetics could be Christmas hats and sweatters and for killers could be some frozen skins.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645246#Comment_2645246

    Uhhh...no?

    Recent (and pathetic) events such as Scarlet Swarm, Eternal Blight, 5th Year Anniversary, Gilded Stampede, Advent Calendar and Midnight Grove did not have special cosmetics that could be unlocked through the main objective.

    Heck, only the anniversary and recent halloween had cosmetics that you could earn, and both were EXTREMELY bad.

    Additionally, the only debatable thing here is whether or not those cosmetics were good, and I think they were.

    I didn't count those because from what I can remenber aside from midnight grove they didn't have anything ingame that everyone could earn.

    About skins they are a matter of opinion, for me the event with the best skins was the first Hallowed Blight, second would be Midnight Grove with Lunar New Year being the third one.

  • @GeneralV said:

    If there is a Winter Solstice 2021, I will be returning to the Fog.

    ...To the lobby, at least.

    I NEED to hear this in-game again:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdcp8xl5WPQ&ab_channel=BlitzDuzm

    And see this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z0AUTGNQ7WYH/image.png

    I like the old winter solstice event , alot of people have forgotten we used to get an event in December and for some odd reason they just dropped it and never used it again, for me it's things like this that keep the game entertaining, they should do events more often if they want to keep the game alive

  • @HighwayCatalyst said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644716#Comment_2644716

    Korea and Vietnam also celebrate lunar new year, along with several other countries.

    Point still stands. Several countries isn't everyone. Europe doesn't officially celebrate it at all, for example.

    Only certain countries, mostly Asian ones, do. Still, DbD celebrates it. So Christmas not being important in some religions is irrelevant too.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644888#Comment_2644888

    I like the old winter solstice event , alot of people have forgotten we used to get an event in December and for some odd reason they just dropped it and never used it again, for me it's things like this that keep the game entertaining, they should do events more often if they want to keep the game alive

    As someone who started playing DBD in December of 2018, I definitely agree.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644888#Comment_2644888

    I like the old winter solstice event , alot of people have forgotten we used to get an event in December and for some odd reason they just dropped it and never used it again, for me it's things like this that keep the game entertaining, they should do events more often if they want to keep the game alive

    Your so right

  • @Elcopollo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645244#Comment_2645244

    Point still stands. Several countries isn't everyone. Europe doesn't officially celebrate it at all, for example.

    Only certain countries, mostly Asian ones, do. Still, DbD celebrates it. So Christmas not being important in some religions is irrelevant too.

    Maybe it's because the playerbase in China is pretty big, a lot of other games also have Chinese new year events.

  • Just as long as they don't come up with more stupid event-only addons to clog up the bloodweb that forces you to waste BP on them (because they always show up near the middle of the web) and can't be used after the event but can't be deleted or traded back for BP so they're stuck in your inventory forever.

  • What would be really cool is if there was presents hidden around the map, say in totem spots, and you could kick them open for 250 BP each.

    But I dunno, that might be asking too much for an event - especially one not as important for a horror such as Halloween.

  • @kaeru said:

    Devs said that they want to focus only on 2 holidays - Halloween and Lunar New Year (or anniversary I don't remember), because events are very time consuming. Seems like they found the way to make good events in time. I like the idea of making little simple archives for events + some simple mechanic like crushing pumpkins or snowmen.

    G-Good events?

    We got a recycle of the year 4 anniversary and PUMPKIN SMASHIG for Halloween this year, with pity "Collective" unlockable Cosmetics and NADA respectively in each!

    BHVR have disappointed me time and time again with their false promises, lies, and broken releases.

    If they do a Christmas event, it would be the same thing as the Anniversary/Halloween "events", if you could even call them that.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2644697#Comment_2644697

    G-Good events?

    We got a recycle of the year 4 anniversary and PUMPKIN SMASHIG for Halloween this year, with pity "Collective" unlockable Cosmetics and NADA respectively in each!

    BHVR have disappointed me time and time again with their false promises, lies, and broken releases.

    If they do a Christmas event, it would be the same thing as the Anniversary/Halloween "events", if you could even call them that.

    Looks like we had very different expectations from BHVR. You expected another game mode and tons of new content. I expected they forget about halloween again. So I consider recent event was success.

    And I'm pretty satisfied if next event will recieve at least same amount of effort from dev team.

  • @McFlickzy said:

    Where the flashlights have lights on them Pallets have light on them then when you stun the killer is makes a jingle noise and Christmas trees in stared of totems or like you consume the Christmas tree then h get a hat or outfit if u escape with it

    they could play the theme using jingling bells.

  • @kaeru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2646062#Comment_2646062

    Looks like we had very different expectations from BHVR. You expected another game mode and tons of new content. I expected they forget about halloween again. So I consider recent event was success.

    And I'm pretty satisfied if next event will recieve at least same amount of effort from dev team.

    I would have at least expected some form of secondary objective or reward that wasn't ham-fisted in a system I refuse to use out of principle.

    And the Anniversary event had Crowns, I know, but even the year 5 Crowns were just bad, since they were just reskins of the year 4 Crowns, which while not surprising, we could at least have gotten something better out of it.

  • How about:

    Gift boxes spawn all around the map and survivors can interact with them to gain a 'Gift' debuff (Hindered for, say, 5% ). If you escape with a Gift debuff, you get a random rare-quality item. If you die with a Gift debuff, you get a random number of bonus BP. Killers, meanwhile, gain a special buff that automatically treats them as having burned an Ebony Mori, but only for survivors with a Gift debuff. So, they can skip the third hook and see their special kill on greedy survivors who want to get that little extra.

    And maybe getting a gift (or Mori'ing a survivor with a gift debuff) can get you a Christmas cosmetic piece. I dunno.