So how many of you are going to play sbmm killer?

I am getting my claudette ready...don't want to play killer and sit through a losing streak with my green rank trapper while I get "placed" in the right rank.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I am. I quite enjoyed my killer games in the last test. I felt a greater sense of accomplishment when I beat competent teams with Mikey.

  • ill probably try out pinhead and some of my mains and depending on how it goes ill be leaving the game till they disable SBMM or remedy all the stupid BS the game has

  • @JohnWeak said:

    Can't wait for all the killers crying here to be wiped out of the high rank trials.

    I play killer as well and i will continue to play killer, properly, never using cheap mechanics as most of you do (campnig adn tunneling that you defend in every threads). And as a survivor i will enjoy to face skilled killers that do not camp and tunnel aswell.

    It's not because you won't be part of the high ranked play that SBMM is bad. Maybe most killers should have never been part of high ranks playerbase.

    :)

    You might want to up your posts that imply you play killer at any level of competency, since you're working with... zero. I suppose it's good to have some people handling the non-killer side crying. They really do need a voice.

  • I will definitely play more killer with the new matchmaking.

  • We have a hard enough of a time wanting to play the game now.

    Why did they even consider this a good idea?

  • @Boss said:

    I am.

    If i don't play Killer, i'm not playing at all.

    Pretty much the same here!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I cannot wait for Tuesday, to try out Pinhead and have some fun! :)

    I really want to try him out on live as well. He was fun on the PTB.

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2473499#Comment_2473499

    Not really 🤣.

    Most high skilled killers say that the game swifted to killers' advantage and that most of the trials are boring to play now. Almost all well know streamer said it.

    Some killer mains said this on this forum aswell.

    But guys, you all defend camping & tunneling.

    How is it possible to be unskilled to the point you don't see that this is a cheap mechanics lol... it's beyond me. As i said before, moderator should moderate the discussion around camping and tunneling. It's unhealthy for the game.

    As a Killer it's super rare that survivors don't tell me gg in the end chat. I never get a "noob camper" or something. Well, if you think camping early is the only viable way to win a trial, you are bad at the game, that's all.

    Man if you really are that good I fear for your survivor games...enjoy seeing the same 3 to 4 killers running meta perks each match🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    Not all killer mains defend camping...i do defend tunneling vs a gen rush "doesn't exist" prove thyself 4 toolbox Bnp teams (which is why I also defend noed even if I don't use it.)

  • Dead by Daylight Screenshot 2021.09.04 - 23.40.58.96.png

    I'll definitely be enjoying the new SBMM as Killer for sure. Got back to back games last night of newbie tan rank players and it was extremely boring, not to mention that I felt bad for them since I have zounds more experience and they probably have an eighth of my hours. Literally played against 4 tannies in one game and three of them didn't even have green or purple perks, let alone all 4. Fun for me isn't the easy 4k, fun for me is playing against skilled players, getting plenty of hits, some hooks and maybe a couple kills and everyone having a good game.

    Not to mention that my Survivor games have just been rainbow rank fests and I hardly get fairly matched teammates anymore. The current ranking system obviously isn't working properly...

    Dead by Daylight Screenshot 2021.08.31 - 23.53.51.91.png
  • What rank do you usually get as the pig?😎

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2473404#Comment_2473404

    No, this are grades. Grades are an easier version of the old emblem system. So they just show your playtime in the month. The devs said that in their blogpost about the MMR.

    So no real bragging rights? That sucks.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2473404#Comment_2473404

    They have no correlation with mmr or matchmaking, just the amount of games you played this month, a new player can get to the highest one if he plays enough.

    Well if this doesn't tell people that BHVR wants this to be a casual game, I don't know what will. Thanks for the info.

  • I ll just deal with whatever I come up against. Last few games have been tougher than usual but im getting close to 30k every game, win or lose.

  • I plan on tunneling my way to the top with Portalgorgon. I'm excited to see what my match quality will be like.

  • I see no reason to stop playing killer. It's going to be an adjustment period, but it'll be fine. I'm just gonna have to keep trying to have fun.

  • I mean there was never any reward for skill in dbd or a way to show your level. I really dont know why they dont do it. There are many games out there which have something for casuals and for competitive players at the same time.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474356#Comment_2474356

    I mean there was never any reward for skill in dbd or a way to show your level. I really dont know why they dont do it. There are many games out there which have something for casuals and for competitive players at the same time.

    I think thet said there is a BP reward for survivor based on your grade and one for each of the killers when the reset happens every month

  • I don't main any side, and that's not gonna change with SBMM. However what is gonna change for me is playing other killers rather than Pig, Ghostface, Legion, and Myers LOL.

    I don't have a problem with SBMM, I rather welcome it. If I notice my matches are a bit more of a challenge than good! I wanna get better at both sides anyways. I can't get better if I'm used to winning 90% of my matches, can I? I know I'm not going to be in like very high mmr, I just started playing like 5 months ago maybe? So I'm down to get better at the game at a slow pace ngl

  • I'm kind of indifferent about the SBMM, if anything maybe a little bit wary when I put my Trickster abilities to the test. I've never really been a high rank in any of the video games I play but I would definitely say I play DBD the most "competitively" especially when it comes to playing Trickster since I've dedicated myself to one tricking him since his release and pretty much becoming an expert at him. I'm curious for the most part to see where I'm gonna place because I'd like to think that I'm a pretty high tier Trickster player — but sometimes I do have games where I don't 3k/4k either due to good survivors or because I'm messing around with the survivors. But I know a lot of people are worried about how weaker killers like Trickster are gonna mix into SBMM amongst Nurses, Spirits, Blights, etc. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2473213#Comment_2473213

    Only if you are a tournament level killer will you play tournament level survivors. If it works correctly you should be matched with people that are equally skilled as you

    'If it works correctly'


    Exactly. Got such a great track record, BHVR have.



    That was sarcastic.

  • For a while, I switched to the idea, suggested by Uncle Tru3ta1ent:

    🎣

    Go for hooks rather than kills

    ☝️

    This makes the game fun for both sides. So this is my definition of win: between 4 and 12 hooks.

    4 -- because of BBQ :D

    Besides this, the killer queue times for me are really important. I don't want to waste my time waiting in the lobby. I've played and win or sometimes lose against descent survivors and I can't say I see a lot of potatoes in most of the matches. And hey, I am sure I've played against those people in my region already and survived as a killer!

    So:

    "Zion, hear me! It is true, what many of you have heard. The competent survivors have gathered an army and as I speak, that army is drawing nearer to our shack. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it. I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid...."

    -- Hillbilly, The Captain of Nebuchadnezzar

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474356#Comment_2474356

    I mean there was never any reward for skill in dbd or a way to show your level. I really dont know why they dont do it. There are many games out there which have something for casuals and for competitive players at the same time.

    I'm hoping what they're doing with MMR will help them make out some type of leaderboard. I asked this on one of their dev streams a few years ago but they weren't ready for it yet. Maybe now? I don't think this would affect casuals too much unless they try to win all the time with the best perks and items.

  • @Dwigtht said:

    For a while, I switched to the idea, suggested by Uncle Tru3ta1ent:

    🎣

    Go for hooks rather than kills

    ☝️

    This makes the game fun for both sides. So this is my definition of win: between 4 and 12 hooks.

    4 -- because of BBQ :D

    Besides this, the killer queue times for me are really important. I don't want to waste my time waiting in the lobby. I've played and win or sometimes lose against descent survivors and I can't say I see a lot of potatoes in most of the matches. And hey, I am sure I've played against those people in my region already and survived as a killer!

    So:

    "Zion, hear me! It is true, what many of you have heard. The competent survivors have gathered an army and as I speak, that army is drawing nearer to our shack. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it. I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid...."

    -- Hillbilly, The Captain of Nebuchadnezzar

    That is the big flaw. Without toxic survivor mains hazing new killers, I am worried the queue times will increase and people will play the actual fun role.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474447#Comment_2474447

    I think thet said there is a BP reward for survivor based on your grade and one for each of the killers when the reset happens every month

    There is a BP reward (250k BP for the highest grade) for survivor and one for killer. Grades have nothing to do with skill.

  • @steezo_de said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2473386#Comment_2473386

    There are new colors with numbers in the icons. I don't remember what meant what but there was some type of ranking in the PTB.

    Those ranks have no connection to your MMR, they will reset to 20 each month so will only be a measure of how much you've played in the past month.

  • Everyone, playing killer with sbmm will give you the option to decide your match difficulty. Want an easy match? Choose a killer you're bad with

  • @Freddy96 said:

    Everyone, playing killer with sbmm will give you the option to decide your match difficulty. Want an easy match? Choose a killer you're bad with

    How is it going to be easy if you're bad with the killer?

  • Cannot wait to actually be able to get better at Pyramid Head or Hag without getting crushed in Red Ranks!

  • @Freddy96 said:

    Everyone, playing killer with sbmm will give you the option to decide your match difficulty. Want an easy match? Choose a killer you're bad with

    Just an FYI. You'll still have a global SBMM rating for the entire Killer roster. Just because you're bad at a certain killer doesn't mean you'll be facing complete potatoes.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475149#Comment_2475149

    Just an FYI. You'll still have a global SBMM rating for the entire Killer roster. Just because you're bad at a certain killer doesn't mean you'll be facing complete potatoes.

    Where do you have this info from?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475149#Comment_2475149

    How is it going to be easy if you're bad with the killer?

    You play trickster, nemesis or any other f tier killer that is not nurse with double recharge and you'll find low mmr survivors

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475149#Comment_2475149

    Just an FYI. You'll still have a global SBMM rating for the entire Killer roster. Just because you're bad at a certain killer doesn't mean you'll be facing complete potatoes.

    I played oni when mmr was on and i got all strong survivors then i switched 1 game with huntress and i got 2 survivors that had 200 hrs so whatever the devs said it's not true as usual

  • Over half of my game time is on one killer. I'm not gonna put him down. lol.

  • @Freddy96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475173#Comment_2475173

    I played oni when mmr was on and i got all strong survivors then i switched 1 game with huntress and i got 2 survivors that had 200 hrs so whatever the devs said it's not true as usual

    Or it needs to be adjusted.

  • It was one of the devs saying it on this forum iirc.

    But basically, you won't be just getting completely potato survivors since the basics of playing Killer still applies (which makes sense)

  • Yes they're gonna fix it immediately like every other issue with dbd, they will also revert billy

  • @Freddy96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475270#Comment_2475270

    Yes they're gonna fix it immediately like every other issue with dbd, they will also revert billy

    If that's what you believe, that's fine, but I don't see how it's related to what I said.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475213#Comment_2475213

    It was one of the devs saying it on this forum iirc.

    But basically, you won't be just getting completely potato survivors since the basics of playing Killer still applies (which makes sense)

    Doesn't it apply only when you start to play a new killer? When you start to play a new killer your strating MMR will be based on the other MMRs you have, but after that it changes independently.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475271#Comment_2475271

    Doesn't it apply only when you start to play a new killer? When you start to play a new killer your strating MMR will be based on the other MMRs you have, but after that it changes independently.

    I thought it was made so you have general MMR that still allows you to get fair games even with killers you arent good at?

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475280#Comment_2475280

    I thought it was made so you have general MMR that still allows you to get fair games even with killers you arent good at?

    Aren't you both saying the same thing? They did mention test before last there's a more general one so if you're experienced with some killers but have no rating with others you'll get weaker opponents but not brand new ones.

  • There has to be a starting point for killers.

    Otherwise when pinhead releases tomorrow new players are going to be matched up to a killer with no mmr (a player could have hundreds of hours playing however).

  • @Dwigtht said:

    For a while, I switched to the idea, suggested by Uncle Tru3ta1ent:

    🎣

    Go for hooks rather than kills

    ☝️

    This makes the game fun for both sides. So this is my definition of win: between 4 and 12 hooks.

    4 -- because of BBQ :D

    Besides this, the killer queue times for me are really important. I don't want to waste my time waiting in the lobby. I've played and win or sometimes lose against descent survivors and I can't say I see a lot of potatoes in most of the matches. And hey, I am sure I've played against those people in my region already and survived as a killer!

    So:

    "Zion, hear me! It is true, what many of you have heard. The competent survivors have gathered an army and as I speak, that army is drawing nearer to our shack. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it. I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid...."

    -- Hillbilly, The Captain of Nebuchadnezzar

    *Killers not hookers*

  • I am willing to try it, but if it ends up being ######### then I’m not going to bother anymore

1 2 ›