The only ppl that don't want SBMM are: SWF death squads and Top Killer mains

SWF death squads: It's not fair. Why are we being punished just because we want to play with our friends.

Now we're only going to face nurses and blights running meta perks with thousands of hours.

Top killer mains: It's not fair. I put a lot of time and effort into this game to be good and now I'm being punished going against sweaty SWFs after SWFs.

How will I ever do my 50+ win streaks again??

____________________________________________________________________________

You're being matched against someone just as skilled as you. Sorry but no more lopsided matches for you.

My suggestion for both if you don't like it?? play less sweaty and maybe your SBMM will get lower.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471080#Comment_2471080

    And those people don't matter?

    I'm sorry for being concerned about my own experience in the game.

    The question would be,do you really want to reach and keep this level of play?

    Because if you want to,then it's obvious that that's gonna be a really hard and painful way.

    Also,balancing for DbD is really complicated.Like you just can't balance casual levels of play the same way you would balance top percent of play.BHVR decided to balance more towards the casual part of the community so we'll have to live with that decision.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471080#Comment_2471080

    And those people don't matter?

    I'm sorry for being concerned about my own experience in the game.

    MMR benefits more players than the current system does. You matter as much a new player, a casual player, a mediocre player etc, but not as much as ten of them.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471142#Comment_2471142

    MMR benefits more players than the current system does. You matter as much a new player, a casual player, a mediocre player etc, but not as much as ten of them.

    Shifting who gets ######### by the system isn't solving anything, it's just mixing it up.

  • "We know you paid money for our product and have continued to support it (even if sunk cost fallacy plays a massive part in said support), but in the interest of the greater good, you can now enjoy getting fk'd unless you play one of three accepted killers and styles. For survivors, you can now enjoy never encountering 97% of the killer cast or their respective perks. Oh, and we'll balance better based on D A T A that comes from this new MMR (even though our history of changes suggests, more often than not, that we have no idea what we're doing). Have a nice day!"

    Neat.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471182#Comment_2471182

    Shifting who gets ######### by the system isn't solving anything, it's just mixing it up.

    Not really,BHVR just chooses balance more towards the casual part of the community.

    Which is,in my opinion,the better option,considering that the casual part takes up like 99.9% of the playerbase.

    The game would completely die if the devs decide to balance towards tournament skill level.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    "We know you paid money for our product and have continued to support it (even if sunk cost fallacy plays a massive part in said support), but in the interest of the greater good, you can now enjoy getting fk'd unless you play one of three accepted killers and styles. For survivors, you can now enjoy never encountering 97% of the killer cast or their respective perks. Oh, and we'll balance better based on D A T A that comes from this new MMR (even though our history of changes suggests, more often than not, that we have no idea what we're doing). Have a nice day!"

    Neat.

    Nobody is forcing you to only play S tier killers with full meta loadout though?

  • They will be fighting each other. If it works properly, a solo survivor should never see a Blight with his build. No more easy games.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470129#Comment_2470129

    Highest rank. This way, you won't be able to grief and Smurf weaker players. Git gud.

    Hope it works that way seriously.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471215#Comment_2471215

    Not really,BHVR just chooses balance more towards the casual part of the community.

    Which is,in my opinion,the better option,considering that the casual part takes up like 99.9% of the playerbase.

    The game would completely die if the devs decide to balance towards tournament skill level.

    Correct. Balancing FOR the top % is a bad idea.

    Balancing the top % is something different, though my idea would probably involve a visible MMR indicator.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470777#Comment_2470777

    And I would argue that this game needs MMR before it can BE balanced.

    Except that we know BHVR won’t do that. They don’t care about veteran players.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471241#Comment_2471241

    Correct. Balancing FOR the top % is a bad idea.

    Balancing the top % is something different, though my idea would probably involve a visible MMR indicator.

    Well,they can't balance around the casual AND the top % part of the community.

    Also,the problem with your idea is that people will 100% use that to abuse the system.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470982#Comment_2470982

    Yes,top levels of play in DbD is definetely unbalanced and problematic.But the thing is,that doesn't affect like 99,9% of the community.Only a handful of people are able to reach those levels.

    So,comparing tournament levels of play to the more casual part of the community doesn't matter and is irrelevant to balancing.

    I don't really see why content creators would get burned out because of SBMM.Truth is,most content creators are not super highly skilled at the game either.Even if it may look like that.

    In my experience,SBMM will pair you with the type of players that match your playstyle.Full Meta loadout every single game?That's what you're gonna verse.

    You like to play chill and experiement with off meta perks?Then you're gonna play against players with a similiar approach to the game.

    So basically….. F anyone who is good at the game? Why then should we continue playing/supporting?

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471080#Comment_2471080

    So basically….. F anyone who is good at the game? Why then should we continue playing/supporting?

    The thing is, nobody is forcing you to reach and stay the top % level of play.

    If you want to play more chill then SBMM should match you with rather chill survivors (which was my experience).

  • @JohnnyB87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470111#Comment_2470111

    I don't know what games you play, but most games with casual lobbies are filled with sweats who can't keep up against other sweats.

    Well, StarCraft 2, which is too much known for being competitive..... So I know what I'm talking about.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471230#Comment_2471230

    Nobody is forcing you to only play S tier killers with full meta loadout though?

    Are we both going to sit here and pretend that if this new system works as intended, you'll be able to play whoever you want with whatever perks you want, against the best survivors, and not have your experience be a miserable ordeal? If we're going to play make believe, I'd at least like to know.

    The fact of the matter is this: most killers in this game have a very well defined skill ceiling - you'll almost never be able to beat certain teams or players, perks notwithstanding, with a majority of the cast. They have barriers on their efficacy based on the power they're given, and not even the best meta builds can propel them beyond a certain point. This is by design, and you could debate whether or not this is intentional on BVHR's end or just due to ignorance of how the game is played on the killer's end.

    Survivors have a much higher skill ceiling than all but the most powerful killer (nurse). That is why she is the most picked killer in tournaments, and that is why competitive players gravitate toward her. There -IS- a point where player's skill with this killer can eclipse that of the survivor, and thus it justifies picking her up, learning her, and mastering her power. Other killers (save maybe Spirit) don't have this benefit, and so you will always be artificially capped on how well you'll do.

    If you're only counterpoint to this is "yeah, but you don't have to play X and Y way to win." That already tells me that you're not one of the people that will be affected by these changes. More importantly, this outlook shows a lack of concern for all players that will be at the top end, waiting for longer matches, having longer (arguably less fun but that's subjective) matches, and seeing little variance in killer/perk picks.

    But hey, to each their own I suppose. My opinion on this whole SBMM situation is that the game isn't balanced enough to even consider implementing a system like this, nor will it ever be based on BVHR's track record of prior balance changes. DBD doesn't have to become the paragon of game balance, it just has to reach that "close enough" point where people are more satisfied than not with the game's current state. At the moment, firing this system off during this period in the game's life is not only reckless, but shows a massive disconnect (yet again) between the developers and the player base.

    TLDR: You will read and love my novella god damnit.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471245#Comment_2471245

    Are we both going to sit here and pretend that if this new system works as intended, you'll be able to play whoever you want with whatever perks you want, against the best survivors, and not have your experience be a miserable ordeal? If we're going to play make believe, I'd at least like to know.

    The fact of the matter is this: most killers in this game have a very well defined skill ceiling - you'll almost never be able to beat certain teams or players, perks notwithstanding, with a majority of the cast. They have barriers on their efficacy based on the power they're given, and not even the best meta builds can propel them beyond a certain point. This is by design, and you could debate whether or not this is intentional on BVHR's end or just due to ignorance of how the game is played on the killer's end.

    Survivors have a much higher skill ceiling than all but the most powerful killer (nurse). That is why she is the most picked killer in tournaments, and that is why competitive players gravitate toward her. There -IS- a point where player's skill with this killer can eclipse that of the survivor, and thus it justifies picking her up, learning her, and mastering her power. Other killers (save maybe Spirit) don't have this benefit, and so you will always be artificially capped on how well you'll do.

    If you're only counterpoint to this is "yeah, but you don't have to play X and Y way to win." That already tells me that you're not one of the people that will be affected by these changes. More importantly, this outlook shows a lack of concern for all players that will be at the top end, waiting for longer matches, having longer (arguably less fun but that's subjective) matches, and seeing little variance in killer/perk picks.

    But hey, to each their own I suppose. My opinion on this whole SBMM situation is that the game isn't balanced enough to even consider implementing a system like this, nor will it ever be based on BVHR's track record of prior balance changes. DBD doesn't have to become the paragon of game balance, it just has to reach that "close enough" point where people are more satisfied than not with the game's current state. At the moment, firing this system off during this period in the game's life is not only reckless, but shows a massive disconnect (yet again) between the developers and the player base.

    TLDR: You will read and love my novella god damnit.

    I read your novella. Unfortunately, it's a story I've already seen released by countless other authors. It didn't do anything different and the characters didn't grab me. I have to give it a mere 2-stars. 😘

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471291#Comment_2471291

    I read your novella. Unfortunately, it's a story I've already seen released by countless other authors. I have to give it a mere 2-stars. 😘

    My hopes, dreams, and asperations. How could you? :'(

  • No, no, no. See, what you do is ignore my review. I'm not your target audience. There is always an audience that likes similarity within genre stories. You nod, move on, and release your next novella. After all, nothing sells your current story like your next story. 😁

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471245#Comment_2471245

    Are we both going to sit here and pretend that if this new system works as intended, you'll be able to play whoever you want with whatever perks you want, against the best survivors, and not have your experience be a miserable ordeal? If we're going to play make believe, I'd at least like to know.

    The fact of the matter is this: most killers in this game have a very well defined skill ceiling - you'll almost never be able to beat certain teams or players, perks notwithstanding, with a majority of the cast. They have barriers on their efficacy based on the power they're given, and not even the best meta builds can propel them beyond a certain point. This is by design, and you could debate whether or not this is intentional on BVHR's end or just due to ignorance of how the game is played on the killer's end.

    Survivors have a much higher skill ceiling than all but the most powerful killer (nurse). That is why she is the most picked killer in tournaments, and that is why competitive players gravitate toward her. There -IS- a point where player's skill with this killer can eclipse that of the survivor, and thus it justifies picking her up, learning her, and mastering her power. Other killers (save maybe Spirit) don't have this benefit, and so you will always be artificially capped on how well you'll do.

    If you're only counterpoint to this is "yeah, but you don't have to play X and Y way to win." That already tells me that you're not one of the people that will be affected by these changes. More importantly, this outlook shows a lack of concern for all players that will be at the top end, waiting for longer matches, having longer (arguably less fun but that's subjective) matches, and seeing little variance in killer/perk picks.

    But hey, to each their own I suppose. My opinion on this whole SBMM situation is that the game isn't balanced enough to even consider implementing a system like this, nor will it ever be based on BVHR's track record of prior balance changes. DBD doesn't have to become the paragon of game balance, it just has to reach that "close enough" point where people are more satisfied than not with the game's current state. At the moment, firing this system off during this period in the game's life is not only reckless, but shows a massive disconnect (yet again) between the developers and the player base.

    TLDR: You will read and love my novella god damnit.

    You need to understand that BHVR decided to balance towards the casual part of the community,which makes sense.

    The top % is irrelevant for them.SBMM is pretty much designed for that reason aswell,to improve the experience of casual players (meaning,it should prevent those games where 200 hours players went against 6000+ hours players).You can't deny that this is,overall,the best option for the game.

    I also can't see how BHVR is supposed to find a way to balance top % levels of play AND casual levels of play.It would be a wastw of time imo.

    DbD is and will always be a casual game.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471260#Comment_2471260

    Well,they can't balance around the casual AND the top % part of the community.

    Also,the problem with your idea is that people will 100% use that to abuse the system.

    They won't already?

    If you do what Overwatch did with Competitive, where past a certain SR you can't play with more than 2 players, I think that would work fine. Likewise, you could start limiting item usage or perk choices at higher MMR. That way it would scale with how good players are and it wouldn't affect lower ranked players.

    But that's just a very basic, probably flawed, idea.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471291#Comment_2471291

    You need to understand that BHVR decided to balance towards the casual part of the community,which makes sense.

    The top % is irrelevant for them.SBMM is pretty much designed for that reason aswell,to improve the experience of casual players (meaning,it should prevent those games where 200 hours players went against 6000+ hours players).You can't deny that this is,overall,the best option for the game.

    I also can't see how BHVR is supposed to find a way to balance top % levels of play AND casual levels of play.It would be a wastw of time imo.

    DbD is and will always be a casual game.

    And that is why I welcome SBMM. I've always played DbD as a casual game. Some nights, I just want to screw around with different add-on combos with Myers and see how it goes. Some nights, I might want to play Huntress or Deathslinger (I rarely play either) and just see how many off-the-wall hatchet hits I can get or quick-scope shots I can land. And so forth.

    I never cared what the perk-meta was, and never chased after the 4k to feel like I had fun in a match.

    When I want to play more serious PvP, I would login to Overwatch, Apex, and such. Not the 4v1, heavy RNG, Dead by Daylight.

  • For the top players with thousands of hours complaining.

    "I have more skill than average player and I'll be put against sweaty squads / nurses and blights only". I'm pretty sure a lot of you are playing meta perks.

    If you are survivor you are using Dead Hard + Iron Will almost for sure, and a high percentage of you are using Borrowed Time, DS and/or Unbreakable too. Try more diverse and creative builds, at the start maybe you will lose some matches but eventually you will face more diverse killers and probably with less skill.

    If you are killer you are using Ruin and Undying almost for sure, and a high percentage of you are using Corrupt Intervention, Pop and/or Tinkerer, try more diverse and creative build, with only one gen regresion perk or without gen regresion perks, playing without addons or with brown addons is another option, at start you will lose some matches but eventually you will face more chil and/or less skilled survivors and less SWFs.

    If despite that you still believe that you are so insanely good and you are going to continue winning, play without perks, if you don't want to face top/meta killers survivors / perks.

    You just have to change your mentality and leave your comfort zone in which you are used to be in the last 5 years and remember you just are a small percentage of the playerbase, if you think BHVR have to balance the game/MMR only for you, you are just selfish player then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • There is zero indication of any skill if you are consistently getting steamrolls and feeling like you are competent at the game. This goes for survivors but it especially goes for killers, and moreover anyone who has dumped a ridiculous amount of time into this game. SBMM is lucrative, stop playing if you really think it will effect you that much.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    SWF death squads: It's not fair. Why are we being punished just because we want to play with our friends.

    Now we're only going to face nurses and blights running meta perks with thousands of hours.

    Top killer mains: It's not fair. I put a lot of time and effort into this game to be good and now I'm being punished going against sweaty SWFs after SWFs.

    How will I ever do my 50+ win streaks again??

    ____________________________________________________________________________

    You're being matched against someone just as skilled as you. Sorry but no more lopsided matches for you.

    My suggestion for both if you don't like it?? play less sweaty and maybe your SBMM will get lower.

    NERF DEAD HARD ALONG WITH IT TOO

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470612#Comment_2470612

    What incentive would there be to play Ranked over Casual?

    You will get one of those modes being an exact copy of what we have now, with the other being a ghost town.

    We have Ranked and Casual. Public matches are ranked, and Custom Game is casual.

    Otherwise, what's to stop bully squads from just playing Casual to continue noob-stomping?

    Bloodpoint awards for ranked of course.

    250K Everytime i hit rank 1 when i get reset back to rank 20? [BAD WORD].

    that would make my grind from 20-1 the best thing ever,

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471273#Comment_2471273

    The thing is, nobody is forcing you to reach and stay the top % level of play.

    If you want to play more chill then SBMM should match you with rather chill survivors (which was my experience).

    What does playing more chill mean? You will reach top % if you put in any effort at all since most survivors are bad. I’m not going to actively let people go to keep my mmr down. That’s absurd.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471284#Comment_2471284

    What does playing more chill mean? You will reach top % if you put in any effort at all since most survivors are bad. I’m not going to actively let people go to keep my mmr down. That’s absurd.

    -Not trying too hard to get the 4k (like slugging the third survivor to find the 4th one)

    -Not playing with super meta loadouts (something like Nurse with recharge+range addons,Tinkerer,Ruin,Pop,Corrupt and an Ebony Mori)

    -Try some meme builds or off meta perks


    Basically treat the game casually and not like you're trying the win the DbD championship


    Also,i seriously doubt that getting to top % MMR is gonna be super easy.It's 100% gonna be harder than just reaching rank 1

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471435#Comment_2471435

    -Not trying too hard to get the 4k (like slugging the third survivor to find the 4th one)

    -Not playing with super meta loadouts (something like Nurse with recharge+range addons,Tinkerer,Ruin,Pop,Corrupt and an Ebony Mori)

    -Try some meme builds or off meta perks

    Basically treat the game casually and not like you're trying the win the DbD championship

    Also,i seriously doubt that getting to top % MMR is gonna be super easy.It's 100% gonna be harder than just reaching rank 1

    You still haven’t addressed the problem…. Mmr can’t work because top level play is too imbalanced.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471284#Comment_2471284

    What does playing more chill mean? You will reach top % if you put in any effort at all since most survivors are bad. I’m not going to actively let people go to keep my mmr down. That’s absurd.

    That is being more chill though. I get the easy survivors as a reward for being chill. You get the degen ones to repent for all you have slaughtered. Fair is fair, bruh.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471435#Comment_2471435

    That is being more chill though. I get the easy survivors as a reward for being chill. You get the degen ones to repent for all you have slaughtered. Fair is fair, bruh.

    It’s not fair for a match to be unwinnable because i slaughter people who can’t play. The game needs to be properly balanced.

  • "The only people who don't want this are the people who are good at the game and/or invested in its longevity" really isn't the argument you think it is, kiddo

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    MMR would be a good idea for a game that can solidly measure skill and is actually balanced and fun at the highest level.

    Or just in general.

    The fact that people trust bhvr to make an actually balanced mmr is shocking to me and I have no idea what they've done in the past to give people that trust in their ability.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469850#Comment_2469850

    The fact that people trust bhvr to make an actually balanced mmr is shocking to me and I have no idea what they've done in the past to give people that trust in their ability.

    Pretty much.

    I oppose SBMM for a bit of a different reason than everyone else seems to-- namely, that it revolves around the idea of DbD actually being a functional balanced game.

    Which it'll never be.

    A: because the devs have stated that they aren't really interested in high level balance, and

    B: Because they honest-to-god just aren't capable of it.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469850#Comment_2469850

    The fact that people trust bhvr to make an actually balanced mmr is shocking to me and I have no idea what they've done in the past to give people that trust in their ability.

    I pay attention to actions, not words. So I'm with you here.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471716#Comment_2471716

    Pretty much.

    I oppose SBMM for a bit of a different reason than everyone else seems to-- namely, that it revolves around the idea of DbD actually being a functional balanced game.

    Which it'll never be.

    A: because the devs have stated that they aren't really interested in high level balance, and

    B: Because they honest-to-god just aren't capable of it.

    Exactly id be mostly fine with a well made sbmm (which u don't think bhvr is capable of) as long as there is also a seperate queue that doesn't have the same sbmm. Id also be far more comfortable with the whole system if they were being transparent about our own scores and generally how it worked. I know they can't give out every single detail because people would try and cheese it but it being completely unknown makes me think they aren't confident in their own system.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471716#Comment_2471716

    I pay attention to actions, not words. So I'm with you here.

    Yeah I dont know how others can trust a company that consistently releases game breaking bugs every patch.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471725#Comment_2471725

    Yeah I dont know how others can trust a company that consistently releases game breaking bugs every patch.

    Hope is the most dangerous drug.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    SBMM IS GOOD because it will show just how WEAK RR killers really are outside of Nurse honestly. We've been needed it so killers can finally be buffed properly.

    Potatoes won't exist higher up anymore. No more inflated kill rates.

    SWF will drag them up there.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469977#Comment_2469977

    You expect bhvr to buff low tier killers? Then the swf cash cows will leave...I mean look how long it's taking them to add a 2 to the trappers default carrying capacity🤣

    If they would only look for the SWF cash cow, then they wouldn´t develope the whole skill based matchmaking. Since SWF will have a harder time with it.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471045#Comment_2471045

    If they would only look for the SWF cash cow, then they wouldn´t develope the whole skill based matchmaking. Since SWF will have a harder time with it.

    I am pretty sure they will just get a smurfs account set up and continue bullying lower skilled killers...happens to me most of the time as a green rank (3 red or purple rank and 1 brown or yellow) during evening hours.

    The trickle down effect of killers leaving after sweaty matches over and over will make the lower rank killers be matched up to reduce survivor lobby times just watch 🤑

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/277098/the-only-ppl-that-dont-want-sbmm-are-swf-death-squads-and-top-killer-mains

    Reason why I don't want SBMM:

    As a bias killer main: In tired of sweating and having to deal with and running the same perks over and over again. I want to have fun and not be stressed out and run different builds instead of the meta.

    As a solo survivor, I wanna try and use use different perks instead of being glued to a gen.

    Overall

    The game is too unbalanced for SBMM

    "The Game is too unbalanced for SBMM"

    ^ This is pretty much it right here.

  • Not accurate. You're assuming the matchmaking is going to give you a perfect match. In reality, what it's actually going to do. They kinda did this, and it resulted in things like Dowsey's Twins not being able to find a match. Obviously, this changed, meaning there's still going to be unbalanced matches so that the top don't have to be sitting in a queue forever. The ones that SBMM is really going to hurt are the competent players that aren't truly at the top. Why? Because before, you'd have a random assortment of matches. Some down to the wire, some easy, some out of your depth. Now, you'll more likely either have close matches, or be fed to the top players and get stomped so that they can have a match. As killers, you'll get survivor sweat squads more frequently. As survivor, you'll get Nurse and Blight (Spirit once she's fixed, I doubt highest MMR Spirit is a thing in her current condition) with all slowdown builds much more frequently.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    SBMM IS GOOD because it will show just how WEAK RR killers really are outside of Nurse honestly. We've been needed it so killers can finally be buffed properly.

    Potatoes won't exist higher up anymore. No more inflated kill rates.

    This is not how aggregated statistics works. average statistic will remain the same. Vast majority survivors are not high MMR so vast majority of killers are effective to some capacity at low to medium MMR which is like 80%+ of the DBD games assuming the killer player is good.

    potatoes will play with other lower MMR players. High MMR will play with high MMR. For vast majority of population, matchmaking will not change too much for most players. overall the matches will just be closer(harder) because you will be matched with players within your own skill bracket. it means a lot less otz 50 winstreaks with weaker killers with mismatched skill-levels.

  • All the noobs: Git gud!

    All the noobs 6 months later: Omg, they were right. Hopefully they balance it

    All the noobs 1 year later:

  • @DoomedMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470617#Comment_2470617

    Well, StarCraft 2, which is too much known for being competitive..... So I know what I'm talking about.

    I used to play StarCraft 2, the only "casual" lobbies are vs your friends, that's not an actual casual lobby. Apex has casual lobbies filled with sweats. I've never seen a true casual lobby in ANY game honestly.

  • @JohnnyB87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471288#Comment_2471288

    I used to play StarCraft 2, the only "casual" lobbies are vs your friends, that's not an actual casual lobby. Apex has casual lobbies filled with sweats. I've never seen a true casual lobby in ANY game honestly.

    I'll toss you another one. Competitive in Overwatch has become an absolute meme. Know where the Competitive sweats went? Into RoleQ Quick Play, and even into the hell of a lot more casual Quick Play Classic in the Arcade mode section.

    And they still sweat like it's a Comp mode.

  • @JohnnyB87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471288#Comment_2471288

    I used to play StarCraft 2, the only "casual" lobbies are vs your friends, that's not an actual casual lobby. Apex has casual lobbies filled with sweats. I've never seen a true casual lobby in ANY game honestly.

    Nah, sure even in unranked matchmaking everyone is playing seriously, because the game is like that : you have to put yourself at 100%, or you'll be destroyed, but players are more less entitled to a victory. By that I mean you won't get a "GG EZ" in the end, or "you played like an [insert what you what]", ...

    Where in the ladder matchmaking, the ranked, you play your rank, you play strictly hoping that one day you'll be n°1. That's why SBMM emphasize.

    @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472928#Comment_2472928

    I'll toss you another one. Competitive in Overwatch has become an absolute meme. Know where the Competitive sweats went? Into RoleQ Quick Play, and even into the hell of a lot more casual Quick Play Classic in the Arcade mode section.

    And they still sweat like it's a Comp mode.

    Overwatch players are a big joke, its community is one of the worst I've ever known. It instantly made me stop the game... Overwatch has the bigger haters possible, as LoL.

    I remember that SBMM is a ladder, where you have a n°1, a second, ... Current ranking is just "you're rank 1, as are many other players" so you don't tryhard that much.

    But SBMM, you can always increase your skill score, and that emphasize tryhard, and in some way, unhealthy gameplay, where casual players will must throw some games to decrease their scores, if they want some cool games.

    If you implement a SBMM matchmaking, you have to implement an unranked matchmaking. I'm sorry.

  • @DoomedMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472928#Comment_2472928

    Nah, sure even in unranked matchmaking everyone is playing seriously, because the game is like that : you have to put yourself at 100%, or you'll be destroyed, but players are more less entitled to a victory. By that I mean you won't get a "GG EZ" in the end, or "you played like an [insert what you what]", ...

    Where in the ladder matchmaking, the ranked, you play your rank, you play strictly hoping that one day you'll be n°1. That's why SBMM emphasize.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472953#Comment_2472953

    Overwatch players are a big joke, its community is one of the worst I've ever known. It instantly made me stop the game... Overwatch has the bigger haters possible, as LoL.

    I remember that SBMM is a ladder, where you have a n°1, a second, ... Current ranking is just "you're rank 1, as are many other players" so you don't tryhard that much.

    But SBMM, you can always increase your skill score, and that emphasize tryhard, and in some way, unhealthy gameplay, where casual players will must throw some games to decrease their scores, if they want some cool games.

    If you implement a SBMM matchmaking, you have to implement an unranked matchmaking. I'm sorry.

    Eh. Shrug. You and I are opposites on the community and players perspective. That's actually how I feel about DbD, which is why it's only ever been a side game for me.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472981#Comment_2472981

    Eh. Shrug. You and I are opposites on the community and players perspective. That's actually how I feel about DbD, which is why it's only ever been a side game for me.

    Well, everyone has their own opinions. As they say, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

  • @DoomedMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472990#Comment_2472990

    Well, everyone has their own opinions. As they say, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

    Very true. And I never have an issue with an opinion different than my own. If everyone always agreed, the world would be a boring place. I'm pushing 50. I don't know your age, but I personally miss the days of honest debate.

1 2 3 4