That's it, I Give.

I tried to be a good sport. I never camped, never tunneled. I juggled gen protection and chases, I played non-meta killers and ran more than just one overpowered build I tried to create a challenging but fun match for all my survivors.

But you ruined it.

You and your stupid keys, genrushing tactics, and copypaste builds and playstyles.

Today, I declare this solemn vow. As of this moment, I will camp, I will tunnel, I will slug every last survivor for the 4k if need be. From now on I only care about MY fun! Not yours, not your team mates! I'm going to enjoy myself no matter what 'scummy' tactics I must use to achieve them. There will be Anti-Loop. There will be BBQ, and there will be moris. There will be no more mercy, no giving the hatch or the gate. I don't care if all three of your teammates dced on you, I will STILL chase you down and hook you, and smack your hanging body.

I look forward to more years of selfish enjoyment, just as you have.

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468267#Comment_2468267

    It's a well known meme in this community. It's something that one of the developers said in response to someone saying that the killer role was too stressful.

    https://youtu.be/03GUuXbtPe4

    It basically boils down to, "Not having fun with our game? Too bad. We're not gonna fix it, so you might as well play a different game." That is never the right mindset.

    Yes, I got the meme. I just didn't know if you meant it sarcastically towards my comment, or if you were making a point about the simplicity of my comment.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468283#Comment_2468283

    Yes, I got the meme. I just didn't know if you meant it sarcastically towards my comment, or if you were making a point about the simplicity of my comment.

    I disagree with your solution, to just play a different game. And you made it sound like there's absolutely nothing to rage about in this game.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467848#Comment_2467848

    That's such an easy toxic statement to deflect the actual imbalances of the game

    It is not toxic to recommend someone step away from something that is causing them stress and irritation.

    And, not everyone of us believe that this game is so unbalanced. I always ask, rarely get an answer, do killers that get so stressed out, really lose more than they win? Because many of us have played a long time and do just fine.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468211#Comment_2468211

    Oh because losing in this game is always a matter of not enough skill, right?

    In 95% of the games, absolutely

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468285#Comment_2468285

    I is not toxic to recommend someone step away from something that is causing them stress and irritation.

    And, not everyone of us believe that this game is so unbalanced. I always ask, rarely get an answer, do killers that get so stressed out, really lose more than they win? Because many of us have played a long time and do just fine.

    There's also a lot of people who played for a long time and are here to talk about perks and how killer side is complete ass and continues to be while survivor is party land. It just always feel like you're gonna mostly lose playing killer.

  • Another killer driven into madness... just what the Entity wants! Don't fall for it!

  • its like a circle of toxicness. One side getts pooped on by one side, then they start being a dick to the other side, then the people who got curb stomped by that toxic person has now turned them into toxic shitheads.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468299#Comment_2468299

    I disagree with your solution, to just play a different game. And you made it sound like there's absolutely nothing to rage about in this game.

    Fair enough. But, to rage, is an individual decision/reaction. I think to a certain part, age, maturity decrease one's tendency to rage. It also seems silly to continue to engage in an activity that causes one to be angry. A hobby/game should be fun. If it is not, then why continue to play it?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    A little reminding.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4WFDE37GK7WS/image.png

    Killers who aim for 80% kill rate, facing Survivors who aim for 80% escape rate. Is this simple enough?

    lol this is the perfect picture.

  • @cyniChris said:

    It blows my mind when survivors escape against a weaker killer with off-meta perks and no "dirty" tactics, start acting like pricks about it, then the next game wonder why they get camped and tunneled...

    They do it to themselves.

    It blows my mind when killers camp and tunnel against a bunch of chill survivors with off-meta perks and no "dirty" tactics, start acting like pricks about it, then the next game wonder why they face second chance perks and gen rush...

    They did it to themselves.

  • So you think someone playing Doctor or Pig should be able to 4k easily against a team that does all the gens in 4 minutes?

  • Good for you. Weird that you didn't just care about your own fun from the start though. People will use their own stuff that they find fun. You should to have fun.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468314#Comment_2468314

    There's also a lot of people who played for a long time and are here to talk about perks and how killer side is complete ass and continues to be while survivor is party land. It just always feel like you're gonna mostly lose playing killer.

    I don't think anyone that plays for along time, feels killer is complete ass. But, I am sure all opinions exist. Why, I do agree survivor is less stressful, I don't see a huge difference between solo q and killer. Now, feeling like you are always going to lose, I don't understand. Most killer friends I know, are actually quite nasty and destroy most games they play.

    I myself, do quite well, and I play by self imposed rules, I imagine if I returned to my original cutthroat style, I would do even better.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468320#Comment_2468320

    I don't think anyone that plays for along time, feels killer is complete ass. But, I am sure all opinions exist. Why, I do agree survivor is less stressful, I don't see a huge difference between solo q and killer. Now, feeling like you are always going to lose, I don't understand. Most killer friends I know, are actually quite nasty and destroy most games they play.

    I myself, do quite well, and I play by self imposed rules, I imagine if I returned to my original cutthroat style, I would do even better.

    I have fun if i play like an a hole but, i want the ability to be able to do well while not having to always bring regression perks. You can't expand, and i have a lot of posts of people who agree that killer is ass and stressful

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468434#Comment_2468434

    I have fun if i play like an a hole but, i want the ability to be able to do well while not having to always bring regression perks. You can't expand, and i have a lot of posts of people who agree that killer is ass and stressful

    But, what is stressful is an individual thing. I have a lot of friends that would disagree that killer is more stressful than solo q. Of course some of them are god tier nurses. So I imagine the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

    But, what causes people stress in this game. Losing? Getting only 2ks? Sweating? It is a game, you decide on how you want to approach it and what are your win definitions. If you want nothing but 4ks, all the time, then one is bound to be disappointed from time to time. But, what is making this game stressful is what people need to evaluate. I think too many people think this is a competitive game and feel somehow bad, if they lost.

    Why? If I lose a game of ladderball or cribbage to my wife, I don't get angry. I don't get stressed that next time I might lose again. It's one game, the fun is in the game, not is some arbitrary number of kills or escapes.

    IN the end, the simple fact is, if something bothers you, causes you stress, then why would you continue to do it? Especially if you truly believe that the game is unbalanced and stacked against you?

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468525#Comment_2468525

    But, what is stressful is an individual thing. I have a lot of friends that would disagree that killer is more stressful than solo q. Of course some of them are god tier nurses. So I imagine the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

    But, what causes people stress in this game. Losing? Getting only 2ks? Sweating? It is a game, you decide on how you want to approach it and what are your win definitions. If you want nothing but 4ks, all the time, then one is bound to be disappointed from time to time. But, what is making this game stressful is what people need to evaluate. I think too many people think this is a competitive game and feel somehow bad, if they lost.

    Why? If I lose a game of ladderball or cribbage to my wife, I don't get angry. I don't get stressed that next time I might lose again. It's one game, the fun is in the game, not is some arbitrary number of kills or escapes.

    IN the end, the simple fact is, if something bothers you, causes you stress, then why would you continue to do it? Especially if you truly believe that the game is unbalanced and stacked against you?

    You can see it in the threads on the forums talking about copy paste builds. People have mastered the art of abusing that new DS style perk Dead Hard. So many people run the same build over and over and if you don't bring a certain build to answer that you'll most likely get bullied

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468539#Comment_2468539

    You can see it in the threads on the forums talking about copy paste builds. People have mastered the art of abusing that new DS style perk Dead Hard. So many people run the same build over and over and if you don't bring a certain build to answer that you'll most likely get bullied

    Well, I certainly can understand your point. And I am hopeful that the SBMM puts the sweats with the sweats and let's the chills play with the chills. At least , perhaps, without ranks people can remove their ego from the game a bit, and play more with the fun of both sides in mind and not care so much. And those that want to do 5 gens in 3 mins can verse those that want to tunnel and camp dudes right out of the game.

    But, my main point, in my first post, was to address OP and why they should take a break and try something new if this game is causing them stress.

    Thanks for the discussion!!

  • A lot of you think I'm saying this because I lose a lot, but I don't. Its not about 4king or being ganged up on.

    Its more about the vast majority of survivor players who suck the fun out of this game. When I first started playing DbD, I thought it was really fun. I got super into it and enjoyed both sides equally. Sure it had problems, but it was still FUN.

    Lately though, its stopped being fun. Survivors stopped using different tactics, started using the exact same builds every single game, consistently. It was like playing the same match on repeat over and over. Then they started to get toxic about it, sending unnecessarily rude messages at end game if they escaped, and heavily salty onces if they died.

    I just want to have fun again, and I feel like playing selfishly is the only way to get that done, because its clear to me the devs themselves don't care about that.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    A lot of you think I'm saying this because I lose a lot, but I don't. Its not about 4king or being ganged up on.

    Its more about the vast majority of survivor players who suck the fun out of this game. When I first started playing DbD, I thought it was really fun. I got super into it and enjoyed both sides equally. Sure it had problems, but it was still FUN.

    Lately though, its stopped being fun. Survivors stopped using different tactics, started using the exact same builds every single game, consistently. It was like playing the same match on repeat over and over. Then they started to get toxic about it, sending unnecessarily rude messages at end game if they escaped, and heavily salty onces if they died.

    I just want to have fun again, and I feel like playing selfishly is the only way to get that done, because its clear to me the devs themselves don't care about that.

    That one thing I want is able to set a players in blacklist.

    Not its not about not vs them again (prevent players vs each other hurt play base and increase finding match time), its about I know which survivor I should suck the fun out of them, as they did on me.

  • People who willingly play killer in this game are being insanely selfless, change my mind.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://media3.giphy.com/media/6uGhT1O4sxpi8/giphy.gif

    Sorry I'm trying to figure out who asked.

    I mean, go ahead and play like 99% of red ranks do. You're not exactly doing something novel here

    Your wooshy, short-sighted post totally misses the point.


    More and more Killers are tired of trying to "play nice for the Survivor's experience" because the Survivors never return the favor. They're the most self-centered crowd in all of video gaming. And your self-centered, oblivious post illustrates this.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I don't understand this mindset. Some survivors were terrible to me so now I have to make every survivors experience terrible.

    I get if you want to be toxic towards those that were toxic to you but what about the innocent ones? Why be toxic to them? Leave them alone

    Same thing can be said for bully squads and solo survivors who are toxic to the killer for no reason or for the actions of previous killers.

    The community itself lacks self-awareness of its own actions which has caused most of this to even happened to begin with.

    If people were self aware about the consequences of their actions they'd behave much better but we are long past that point.

    Then again people hate camping/tunneling/slugging even when the killer is forced to do it by their own power such as Oni with slugging or by circumstance(Like when the gates are powered).

  • @UncleStabby said:

    I tried to be a good sport. I never camped, never tunneled. I juggled gen protection and chases, I played non-meta killers and ran more than just one overpowered build I tried to create a challenging but fun match for all my survivors.

    But you ruined it.

    You and your stupid keys, genrushing tactics, and copypaste builds and playstyles.

    Today, I declare this solemn vow. As of this moment, I will camp, I will tunnel, I will slug every last survivor for the 4k if need be. From now on I only care about MY fun! Not yours, not your team mates! I'm going to enjoy myself no matter what 'scummy' tactics I must use to achieve them. There will be Anti-Loop. There will be BBQ, and there will be moris. There will be no more mercy, no giving the hatch or the gate. I don't care if all three of your teammates dced on you, I will STILL chase you down and hook you, and smack your hanging body.

    I look forward to more years of selfish enjoyment, just as you have.

    Hey, do what's fun! :)

    if you're starting to get frustrated, I recommend you start getting into character. instead of getting angry at players, get even with characters. :)


    have a good time!

  • @UncleStabby said:

    I tried to be a good sport. I never camped, never tunneled. I juggled gen protection and chases, I played non-meta killers and ran more than just one overpowered build I tried to create a challenging but fun match for all my survivors.

    But you ruined it.

    You and your stupid keys, genrushing tactics, and copypaste builds and playstyles.

    Today, I declare this solemn vow. As of this moment, I will camp, I will tunnel, I will slug every last survivor for the 4k if need be. From now on I only care about MY fun! Not yours, not your team mates! I'm going to enjoy myself no matter what 'scummy' tactics I must use to achieve them. There will be Anti-Loop. There will be BBQ, and there will be moris. There will be no more mercy, no giving the hatch or the gate. I don't care if all three of your teammates dced on you, I will STILL chase you down and hook you, and smack your hanging body.

    I look forward to more years of selfish enjoyment, just as you have.

    On the other hand, I´m pretty tired of sweaty camper tunnelers. I don´t mind slow my game as surv if killer is playing nice, and evading tunnel at early game. Sometimes I even treat myself or give him my item if he has been considerate with survs. I think good manners are important although we are rivals in game.


    But I can understand your point. I like playing vs Piggy, Bubbas, etc. But low tier killers are very susceptible of being gen rushed if they extend on a chase or don´t proxy tunnel camp.


    In my oppinion, and I have said it more times here, is to create another game mode for DBD. One mode not focused on the actual metagame (genrush vs tunnel), and more centered on killer - surv interactions encouraging distribute the hooks rather than hard tunnel. Killers would enjoy the chases as survs do if they weren´t so worried about gens popping.

  • "Copy paste survivor builds."

    Killers: Ruin, Undying, Pop, Corrupt, BBQ

    Every game.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    "Copy paste survivor builds."

    Killers: Ruin, Undying, Pop, Corrupt, BBQ

    Every game.

    And why do they do this....?

    Because survivors genrush.

    Every game.

  • @Artemisha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/276877/thats-it-i-give

    On the other hand, I´m pretty tired of sweaty camper tunnelers. I don´t mind slow my game as surv if killer is playing nice, and evading tunnel at early game. Sometimes I even treat myself or give him my item if he has been considerate with survs. I think good manners are important although we are rivals in game.

    But I can understand your point. I like playing vs Piggy, Bubbas, etc. But low tier killers are very susceptible of being gen rushed if they extend on a chase or don´t proxy tunnel camp.

    In my oppinion, and I have said it more times here, is to create another game mode for DBD. One mode not focused on the actual metagame (genrush vs tunnel), and more centered on killer - surv interactions encouraging distribute the hooks rather than hard tunnel. Killers would enjoy the chases as survs do if they weren´t so worried about gens popping.

    What we really need here is to give the survivors more objectives. As it stands theres only one main objective and two side objectives. Main objective will win you the game if you ignore the first side objective (bones), and altruism, the second objective, is a one man job.

    There needs to be more to this game than do gens and travel from one loop to the next.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469963#Comment_2469963

    And why do they do this....?

    Because survivors genrush.

    Every game.

    Gen rush is a killer main term.

    Gen rush is doing a generator.

  • I understand your frustration but maybe just think its a game? I don't care if i get 4k i dont even care if i get 1k. I enjoy the chase. Rank to me doesnt mean anything. Its bragging rights and let's be honest rank in this game means nothing. It doesnt make you a good player.

    You can't please survivors in this game. They are toxic if you kill them and they are toxic if you dont. Just stop caring do your thing enjoy the chase

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467908#Comment_2467908

    Your wooshy, short-sighted post totally misses the point.

    More and more Killers are tired of trying to "play nice for the Survivor's experience" because the Survivors never return the favor. They're the most self-centered crowd in all of video gaming. And your self-centered, oblivious post illustrates this.

    Except the majority of survivors in EU do play nice so maybe when you're arguing from a point of experience be away that others will argue back from their own.

  • @T103 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467906#Comment_2467906

    Well increasing the time to do gens would be a buff to camping.

    No one asked to increase gen times.

    A obligatory secondary objective would solve many problems.

  • See guys, it's always just a matter of time

  • Or get better at the game and adapt to situations rather than throwing a temper tantrum over some asymmetrical, casual game you should seek only fun in. If you're getting sweatlords then just meme about it or take a break. They're ultimately lesser than those that don't take this game seriously. Because those that take winning seriously and at heart in this game tend to be very much lacking in something.

    Strive to have fun. Don't be petty. Sweating to win is only fun until bigger fish ######### on you anyway. Which they will. You'll just end up making baby solos miserable and the toxic will still be fed.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    I tried to be a good sport. I never camped, never tunneled. I juggled gen protection and chases, I played non-meta killers and ran more than just one overpowered build I tried to create a challenging but fun match for all my survivors.

    But you ruined it.

    You and your stupid keys, genrushing tactics, and copypaste builds and playstyles.

    Today, I declare this solemn vow. As of this moment, I will camp, I will tunnel, I will slug every last survivor for the 4k if need be. From now on I only care about MY fun! Not yours, not your team mates! I'm going to enjoy myself no matter what 'scummy' tactics I must use to achieve them. There will be Anti-Loop. There will be BBQ, and there will be moris. There will be no more mercy, no giving the hatch or the gate. I don't care if all three of your teammates dced on you, I will STILL chase you down and hook you, and smack your hanging body.

    I look forward to more years of selfish enjoyment, just as you have.

    You will only hurt yourself because of the new SBMM system. Once you proxy-tunnel, you will have to keep proxy-tunneling until eventually you'll get hung at a certain SBMM level, where you will only get 2 kills / 2 escapes and the only tactic you will know how to use is proxy-tunneling.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    I tried to be a good sport. I never camped, never tunneled. I juggled gen protection and chases, I played non-meta killers and ran more than just one overpowered build I tried to create a challenging but fun match for all my survivors.

    But you ruined it.

    You and your stupid keys, genrushing tactics, and copypaste builds and playstyles.

    Today, I declare this solemn vow. As of this moment, I will camp, I will tunnel, I will slug every last survivor for the 4k if need be. From now on I only care about MY fun! Not yours, not your team mates! I'm going to enjoy myself no matter what 'scummy' tactics I must use to achieve them. There will be Anti-Loop. There will be BBQ, and there will be moris. There will be no more mercy, no giving the hatch or the gate. I don't care if all three of your teammates dced on you, I will STILL chase you down and hook you, and smack your hanging body.

    I look forward to more years of selfish enjoyment, just as you have.

    Us killer mains have finally lost our minds.

  • I find playing this game a lot more fun the minute I stopped caring about the outcome of the match. I don't care if I lose or win. I don't care if a survivor/killer bms me.

    I mean yea sometimes I do the "unforgivable" acts in the survivor rule book as slugging or tunnel. I don't do it often though. I'll only slug if someone is nearby with a flashlight or toolbox. Tunneling though? Sometimes survivors have the same skin on and I just can't tell the difference of which one it is. Maybe it's because I also play both sides though that I find it hard to get angry about things survivors do when I play killer or when I play survivor and a killer does something. Seems hypocritical if I get angry about it lol.

    I tend to listen to music whenever I play too, music always helps me be in a good mood.

  • When survivors play in a way that I don't find fun, I roll up my sleeves and go get a snack or somethin', I dunno, but I play how I want and I'm not going to let others change me. I don't care about kills, I can't de-pip further, so it doesn't matter to me whatsoever if I stop participating and let them play gen repair sim.

    Everyone's different, though.

1 2 ›