Is DS too easy to abuse?

Please read below in full detail: (people seem not to be reading more than the title)

TL;DR: I was curious what people think about DS. I'm not complaining, I don't have an issue with it, and I now understand it better. you can all stop arguing now, but feel free to keep sharing and discussing.

also, does anyone know how to close this can of worms?

side note: can someone close this discussion? I think it's run its course.

I feel like it could use another caveat to make it so it's not a team-wide second chance.

I'm not angry or anything, but it has certainly lost me kills and sometimes games before.

I feel like maybe it should turn off if the killer downs someone else, would that still be fair?

edit: I'd like to specify that I don't personally have an issue with ds, I'm just curious what other people think. :)

abuse = as a game mechanic, take advantage.

Comments

  • @IamFran said:

    Yes, in endgame.

    DS and the exhaustion perk should be disabled after the last gen is done IMO.

    You want all exhaustion perks disabled after last gen??

  • DS is fine. I preached about how broken it was for years but after the last change, I feel it is in a good spot now.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465609#Comment_2465609

    But you have to most times, and other times it's accidental or literally not tunneling because you just hooked someone else.

    You don't have to. I rarely tunnel and I play Legion and Pig. If you accidentally find someone again, then you can slug them.

  • Imagine still complaining about DS.

  • @stormy_ said:

    DS stand for ?

    decisive strike

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Imagine still complaining about DS.

    sadly it seems certain killers wont stop complaining until the survivors spawn hooked and have to kobe to even play.

  • People complaining about DS = tunnelers.

    A lot of games I wish I was wearing DS. The amount of proxy tunnelers these days is extremely high.


    I also agree with some people that said self heal shouldn´t deactivate your DS, or you shouldn´t leave scratchmarks on floor for a short time. When u are facing a tunneler is very risky trying to cure the unhooked guy, because killer will come back in seconds. So if the DS user is able to scape, and try to stay safe with a selfcure, he is eliminating his only life insurance. And that shouldn´t be like this.

  • It's much better now. It cannot be abused by survivors for a quick gen fix, but does punish killers from going for an immediate tunnel. Also, less people run it now, so overall it's much better from both sides.

  • Ds is fine as it is no need to change it again if they do that perk would be most useless thing in game

  • @ukenicky said:

    I think the only change DS could use is have it no longer deactivate when you heal yourself but make it deactivate when opening exit gates.

    Healing yourself, an optional side objective to make yourself survive longer deactivates DS but opening the exit gate, the final step in progressing the game and escaping the trial does not? Like how

    Also to people saying DS should deactivate when you get into a locker, vault pallets/windows or drop a pallet: that's never going to happen lol. Being able to force the killer to eat your DS is important in some instances otherwise they'll just leave us slugged on the ground to wait out DS. Is it that much to ask for DS to grant that ONE time chance to get out of a tunneling pickle? Apparently so

    DS not deactivating when opening an exit gates is really an oversight by the devs and should be changed, yeah.

    About the healing, instead of deactivating it when you heal yourself just a fraction of a second, it should deactivate when you are fully healed (by yourself OR by others). If you had time to heal up, you are not tunneled, so you don't need the ds protection. So no more jumping into locker heathy to force the ds on the killer. As a compensation, you can heal in the killers face without loosing it.

  • Ds is fine. In fact I think a QOL buff to remove the skill check and simply escape the killers grasp would be good.

    I'd say when I equip DS, most games it's never used. So it's usually a waste of a perk slot, but it is comforting at least. There shouldn't be a requirement to hit a skill check when you are actually able to use it IMO.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Maybe go for different persons?

    Like, you have 0 reason to actually be mad about DS. If the Survivor does anything to progress the game (which was the main point against DS), they lose it.

    And if you get hit by a DS after almost a minute, this Survivor did nothing the whole time just to keep their DS.

    That's technically not true considering that you can open the exit gates and not lose DS. Maybe this is just me, but I would absolutely count opening the exit gate as an action that progresses the game.

  • Only thing I think needs to be changed is it functioning during the EGC. Feels pretty bad when someone is effectively guaranteed to escape because they were downed close enough to the open Gate with an active DS. I'd be willing to buff DS a bit in exchange.

  • @lordfart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465257#Comment_2465257

    You want all exhaustion perks disabled after last gen??

    Except Adrenaline of course.

  • I thought for sure this was a Necro Post. How are we still complaining about DS in it's current state?

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    No it's fair and balanced. It's used to be OP. But since it's latest balance it's in a decent spot. Anyway if you think someone has DS either wait for it to go away, or eat it up.

    Aside in the end game phase, when you can literally open the gates with that perk active (devs forget to add the escape gates to the conditions that will disable DS). It would be perfect if DS will be disabled after all the generators are done (in exchange it can be used 2 times, but with less time available)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465282#Comment_2465282

    And? A Perk should work all game, unless said otherwise.

    I like it that Killers always point out that the game is not over when 5 Gens are done, but this also goes for DS - the game is still going on, no reason to disable DS in Endgame.

    A Perk should work all game, unless said otherwise.

    So you propose making NOED a generic hex perk that starts working from the beginning, and all hexes uncleansable? Interesting way of thinking.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465625#Comment_2465625

    Same, it's literally quite perfect how it is. How it is currently is how DS should've always been like in the original design. In my opinion anyway.

    Agree!

    I try so hard not tunnel (even when it obvs its the survivor messing up). With old DS I would go hook another survivor, find the previous one, not realize a minute is up, and still get hit with DS. It was a very frustrating perk on the killer end.

    Now it is still strong but not a 'get out of jail free' perk ^^"

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465707#Comment_2465707

    A Perk should work all game, unless said otherwise.

    So you propose making NOED a generic hex perk that starts working from the beginning, and all hexes uncleansable? Interesting way of thinking.

    I even said "unless said otherwise".

  • Imagine complaining about DS after being nerfed.

    In the meantime, Camping and Tunneling still remain in the same broken state they have been in.

  • Well, then it should be "stated otherwise" for DS to make the perk balanced, that's what the thread is about.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Ds is fine. In fact I think a QOL buff to remove the skill check and simply escape the killers grasp would be good.

    I'd say when I equip DS, most games it's never used. So it's usually a waste of a perk slot, but it is comforting at least. There shouldn't be a requirement to hit a skill check when you are actually able to use it IMO.

    Especially with console performance in the state it’s in. Considering input delay and how laggy the game is, I’m surprised console survivors are able to hit DS half the time.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465891#Comment_2465891

    Especially with console performance in the state it’s in. Considering input delay and how laggy the game is, I’m surprised console survivors are able to hit DS half the time.

    i mean on the one hand i feel that, but on the other i feel like it would take away the off chance that they legitimatley miss. plus sometimes you just dont want to use ds immediatley yknow

  • @IamFran said:

    Yes, in endgame.

    DS and the exhaustion perk should be disabled after the last gen is done IMO.

    The literaly definition of “Decisive” is as follows, according to the Cambridge English Dictionary:

    Strongly affecting how a situation will progress or end.

    If it didn’t affect the outcome right at the very end of a match, it’s just a “Strike”. Not to mention that would absolutely kill the fantasy of the perk.

  • No, it's a design problem, people with tons of hours played are complaining about they cannot do nothing against that type of perks in the endgame, those perks (DS, BT, some exhaustion) in multiple survivor are simply a free win for them, don't really mind how good you are.

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466103#Comment_2466103

    No, is a design problem, people with tons of hours played are complaining about you cannot do nothing against that type of perks in the endgame, thos perks in multiple survivor are simply a free win for them.

    while i understand your frustrations and others', the simple truth is that sometimes you just lose dude, and it has to be accepted. whether by ds or not dosent really change that.

  • @Duke_Ragereaver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466415#Comment_2466415

    while i understand your frustrations and others', the simple truth is that sometimes you just lose dude, and it has to be accepted. whether by ds or not dosent really change that.

    I don't really mind if I lose sometimes, but losing due a combination of strong perks at the very end of the game seems unfair. I don't know if you are killer main of not, but losing a lot of times due strong perks not due survivor ability make anyone feels bad.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Imagine complaining about DS after being nerfed.

    In the meantime, Camping and Tunneling still remain in the same broken state they have been in.

    They... Weren't complaining though? They didn't post an aggressive, angry 20 word letter about how DS needs to be nerfed. They stated they had no issue with it - it was just costing them some hooks / kills and inquired if it should be tweaked. They weren't playing before the nerf, so they didn't experience the bs survivors would pull with DS and they ought to feel lucky as I do that I wasn't playing with the old old DS. I think I'd lose my mind if I had to do the dribbling.

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466417#Comment_2466417

    I don't really mind if I lose sometimes, but losing due a combination of strong perks at the very end of the game seems unfair. I don't know if you are killer main of not, but losing a lot of times due strong perks not due survivor ability make anyone feels bad.

    i play both, and ive had my fair share of ds on both sides, it does feel genuinely bad. it also feels genuinely bad losing the game because your whole team is allergic to generators in red ranks, my point i reckon is that, typically if this game is going well for one side the other side feels bad. however i dont think nerfing ds, even considering that and several other issues, will really help anything. sometimes ppl legit get tunneled and ds is the "one last blade, forged in defiance of fate" in those cases. and tbh if it gets nerfed much more it wont even be usable for that.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465257#Comment_2465257

    The literaly definition of “Decisive” is as follows, according to the Cambridge English Dictionary:

    Strongly affecting how a situation will progress or end.

    If it didn’t affect the outcome right at the very end of a match, it’s just a “Strike”. Not to mention that would absolutely kill the fantasy of the perk.

    And Leader of Dwight means Leader, and he is the Leader of nothing, it's just the name of the perk.

    The etymology argument is bullshit that has no place in balance debates.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466346#Comment_2466346

    They... Weren't complaining though? They didn't post an aggressive, angry 20 word letter about how DS needs to be nerfed. They stated they had no issue with it - it was just costing them some hooks / kills and inquired if it should be tweaked. They weren't playing before the nerf, so they didn't experience the bs survivors would pull with DS and they ought to feel lucky as I do that I wasn't playing with the old old DS. I think I'd lose my mind if I had to do the dribbling.

    thank you so much for A. respecting my pronouns and b. reading my message and understanding I wasn't whining. : )

  • @Yamaoka said:

    DS already got nerfed into the ground. Stop it. You can't even touch a totem, heal a teammate or yourself etc without deactivating it.

    If anything it should get a buff.

    No scratch marks for the duration of the stun so tunnelers (aka the only people that still get DS'd regularly) have a harder time tunneling.

    That's a good idea, almost like what babysitter does when you unhook someone and they have no scratch marks

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465398#Comment_2465398

    That's a good idea, almost like what babysitter does when you unhook someone and they have no scratch marks

    i feel like that might be a bridge too far, what i think should happen is a side grade i reckon you could call it. you can heal yourself, however opening a gate deactivates it.

  • @lauraa said:

    id like to see it lose its self-healing restriction, if anything. its fairly well balanced-ish as it is right now.

    same, but you could always run Inner Strength with Small Game

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466103#Comment_2466103

    No, is a design problem, people with tons of hours played are complaining about you cannot do nothing against that type of perks in the endgame, thos perks in multiple survivor are simply a free win for them.

    It's not a design problem. It would be ridiculous to disable exhaustion perks and second chance/anti-tunneling perks during endgame collapse. The game is designed like a boiling process. From the beginning, the more gens get done, the more survivors get hooked or eliminated, the harder it gets (for survivors). I play Solo queue, and it's exceedingly rare to see a 4 man escape. Many times there are two of us left, and the chance of escape in that scenario for both are incredibly slim (unless a Killer is camping the 3rd last survivor). What you suggest would turn the survivors into sitting ducks and render escape hopeless unless you happened to have a strong team with 4 people up.

    With second chance perks like Unbreakabill, you can go 5 games with never using it and it's a wasted perk slot. So you would have survivors running a perk all game, only to have it disabled when it really could make a difference for them.

    Hope of escape is the only thing that survivors play the game for. It's the entire point. If you eliminate all their chances to get away just as they complete their objectives, there's no point in trying imo.

    At the same time, I'm in agreement with others that I'd gladly exchange DS being disabled opening the gate, so it would not be disabled when healing oneself.

  • No, if anything it's too hard to use now.

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465480#Comment_2465480

    Then dont make it to the end game, simple.

    If anything it is your fault for not keeping pressure at gens, why should survivors be punished for doing their objective?

    And anyways, if you're tunneling at the end game then obviously DS should work cause that's what it is supposed to counter.

    “Don’t make it to endgame, it’s your fault for not being able to occupy multiple places at once”

    also survivors main: noed is op and unfair 🤡🤡

  • @Yamaoka said:

    DS already got nerfed into the ground. Stop it. You can't even touch a totem, heal a teammate or yourself etc without deactivating it.

    If anything it should get a buff.

    No scratch marks for the duration of the stun so tunnelers (aka the only people that still get DS'd regularly) have a harder time tunneling.

    This needs to happen.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465282#Comment_2465282

    And? A Perk should work all game, unless said otherwise.

    I like it that Killers always point out that the game is not over when 5 Gens are done, but this also goes for DS - the game is still going on, no reason to disable DS in Endgame.

    Right!!

  • @Artemisha said:

    People complaining about DS = tunnelers.

    A lot of games I wish I was wearing DS. The amount of proxy tunnelers these days is extremely high.

    I also agree with some people that said self heal shouldn´t deactivate your DS, or you shouldn´t leave scratchmarks on floor for a short time. When u are facing a tunneler is very risky trying to cure the unhooked guy, because killer will come back in seconds. So if the DS user is able to scape, and try to stay safe with a selfcure, he is eliminating his only life insurance. And that shouldn´t be like this.

    People defending DS = bad loopers.


    See how easy this is?


    Just because you got downed after being unhooked doesn't mean you got tunneled. It USUALLY means you're just bad at hiding, and bad at looping. TWO different elements that would have saved you the trouble in the first place, where you're running DS to fix your weakness.

    The game shouldn't force the Killer to go easier on bad players just because they might run the crutch perk DS. Borrowed Time gives you 12 seconds, that's MORE than enough time. Do you honestly need 60???


    "Proxy tunneler" doesn't even make sense. You're just vomiting out random combinations of buzzwords you hear other people say when they die.

    Holy actual #########.


    This is prime Survivor posting, ladies & gentlemen.

  • @TAG said:

    Only thing I think needs to be changed is it functioning during the EGC. Feels pretty bad when someone is effectively guaranteed to escape because they were downed close enough to the open Gate with an active DS. I'd be willing to buff DS a bit in exchange.

    No way. survivors are still playing and should always get a DS chance no matter what.

  • killers that think DS is unfair at EGC are wrong. Just slug and wait the timer out. Or eat the stun early.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466035#Comment_2466035

    No way. survivors are still playing and should always get a DS chance no matter what.

    Yeah because teabagging at the exit because you hide all game and still have ds are the most important part of survivors game. I do it all the time, I just avoid killer and get hook intentionally egc so I can teabag the killer for 60 seconds at 1 of the far exit gates

  • @ouroboros_world said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466680#Comment_2466680

    Yeah because teabagging at the exit because you hide all game and still have ds are the most important part of survivors game. I do it all the time, I just avoid killer and get hook intentionally egc so I can teabag the killer for 60 seconds at 1 of the far exit gates

    What does teabagging have anything to do with DS?

  • I so like when tunelers cry about DS :D Maybe we should cry about BT too? Cuz u cant down surv just right after the hook ? :D Well, if the DS and BT got nerf someday, ill just tunel ppl untill they will cry about bringing back the DS

  • @H1GHLVND3R said:

    I so like when tunelers cry about DS :D Maybe we should cry about BT too? Cuz u cant down surv just right after the hook ? :D Well, if the DS and BT got nerf someday, ill just tunel ppl untill they will cry about bringing back the DS

    did you read what I said? I said I don't have issues, I'm just new and want to hear the opinions of others. DBD's a game about storytelling; as far as I'm concerned, you win if you have fun.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466035#Comment_2466035

    No way. survivors are still playing and should always get a DS chance no matter what.

    I disagree. I personally think the cut-off point should be once the End Game Collapse starts.

1 2 3 4