Is DS too easy to abuse?

Please read below in full detail: (people seem not to be reading more than the title)

TL;DR: I was curious what people think about DS. I'm not complaining, I don't have an issue with it, and I now understand it better. you can all stop arguing now, but feel free to keep sharing and discussing.

also, does anyone know how to close this can of worms?

side note: can someone close this discussion? I think it's run its course.

I feel like it could use another caveat to make it so it's not a team-wide second chance.

I'm not angry or anything, but it has certainly lost me kills and sometimes games before.

I feel like maybe it should turn off if the killer downs someone else, would that still be fair?

edit: I'd like to specify that I don't personally have an issue with ds, I'm just curious what other people think. :)

abuse = as a game mechanic, take advantage.

Comments

  • @T103 said:

    Still can’t believe people are still having issues with DS. Literally just don’t tunnel and you avoid it.

    Many don't want to deal with anything. They should be free to tunnel, camp and slug without consequence or dealing with a Survivor's perk that might provide relief.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465342#Comment_2465342

    DS not deactivating when opening an exit gates is really an oversight by the devs and should be changed, yeah.

    About the healing, instead of deactivating it when you heal yourself just a fraction of a second, it should deactivate when you are fully healed (by yourself OR by others). If you had time to heal up, you are not tunneled, so you don't need the ds protection. So no more jumping into locker heathy to force the ds on the killer. As a compensation, you can heal in the killers face without loosing it.

    @Pepsidot said:

    Ds is fine. In fact I think a QOL buff to remove the skill check and simply escape the killers grasp would be good.

    I'd say when I equip DS, most games it's never used. So it's usually a waste of a perk slot, but it is comforting at least. There shouldn't be a requirement to hit a skill check when you are actually able to use it IMO.

    I agree with both of these, however, as someone who despises DS. I'm able to be objective about this.


    DS shouldn't really have a skill check, or at the very least, it should be a fat skill check (like the first one during phase 2 hook) to serve more as like a... "Do you want to use this?"

    And it should deactivate once fully healed, by anyone, but not deactivate when a heal is started. I also agree with this.


    However, I still believe its 60 second duration is way too long. Most of the time when I get DS'd, I already downed and hooked somebody else, and the person with an active DS gets in my face so I take the free down and try to pick them up... Like, I legit already forgot about this other guy. That's how long it's been, and how much has happened since then.

    DS serves way more functionality than anti-tunneling at 60 seconds. That's just factual.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    killers that think DS is unfair at EGC are wrong. Just slug and wait the timer out. Or eat the stun early.

    This makes zero sense. How does waiting the timer out stop the Survivor from crawling out of the open gate? Same goes for eating the stun.

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465848#Comment_2465848

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465891#Comment_2465891

    I agree with both of these, however, as someone who despises DS. I'm able to be objective about this.

    DS shouldn't really have a skill check, or at the very least, it should be a fat skill check (like the first one during phase 2 hook) to serve more as like a... "Do you want to use this?"

    And it should deactivate once fully healed, by anyone, but not deactivate when a heal is started. I also agree with this.

    However, I still believe its 60 second duration is way too long. Most of the time when I get DS'd, I already downed and hooked somebody else, and the person with an active DS gets in my face so I take the free down and try to pick them up... Like, I legit already forgot about this other guy. That's how long it's been, and how much has happened since then.

    DS serves way more functionality than anti-tunneling at 60 seconds. That's just factual.

    thank you for having a neutral, level-headed stance and not being rude. that means a lot.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    killers that think DS is unfair at EGC are wrong. Just slug and wait the timer out. Or eat the stun early.

    Do you have any idea how far a person can crawl in 60 seconds? lmao

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466686#Comment_2466686

    This makes zero sense. How does waiting the timer out stop the Survivor from crawling out of the open gate? Same goes for eating the stun.

    I think they might be a survivor? Like, one that for some reason doesn't try to recover the slug. It is a weird opinion, mang. No idea where it is coming from.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466686#Comment_2466686

    This makes zero sense. How does waiting the timer out stop the Survivor from crawling out of the open gate? Same goes for eating the stun.

    If the game is not over and survivors haven’t used their DS, they deserve that chance.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466774#Comment_2466774

    I think they might be a survivor? Like, one that for some reason doesn't try to recover the slug. It is a weird opinion, mang. No idea where it is coming from.

    I play both sides lol but okay.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466774#Comment_2466774

    If the game is not over and survivors haven’t used their DS, they deserve that chance.

    You didn't answer my question. You suggested that Killers play around DS during the EGC by waiting out the timer. How does that stop them from crawling out the open gate?

  • After finishing all the replies in here...


    It astounds me how many human beings are incapable of entering the perspective of more than just themselves.

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465791#Comment_2465791

    People defending DS = bad loopers.

    See how easy this is?

    Just because you got downed after being unhooked doesn't mean you got tunneled. It USUALLY means you're just bad at hiding, and bad at looping. TWO different elements that would have saved you the trouble in the first place, where you're running DS to fix your weakness.

    The game shouldn't force the Killer to go easier on bad players just because they might run the crutch perk DS. Borrowed Time gives you 12 seconds, that's MORE than enough time. Do you honestly need 60???

    "Proxy tunneler" doesn't even make sense. You're just vomiting out random combinations of buzzwords you hear other people say when they die.

    Holy actual #########.

    This is prime Survivor posting, ladies & gentlemen.

    Just because you got downed after being unhooked doesn't mean you got tunneled. It USUALLY means you're just bad at hiding, and bad at looping.

    Actually, it USUALLY does mean you got tunneled.

    "Proxy tunneler" doesn't even make sense

    Actually, it makes perfect sense. I'm a different poster and I understand exactly what they mean.

  • No. If anything, it's too weak for its actual purpose. It needs to actually be able to counter tunneling rather than a perk that one can use for immunity to waste a killer's time.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466812#Comment_2466812

    You didn't answer my question. You suggested that Killers play around DS during the EGC by waiting out the timer. How does that stop them from crawling out the open gate?

    than eat the stun earlier before endgame if you don’t wanna get hit by it later in the match. That’s the only way you’re gonna play around DS.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466818#Comment_2466818

    than eat the stun earlier before endgame if you don’t wanna get hit by it later in the match. That’s the only way you’re gonna play around DS.

    That doesn't sound like great design. It means playing around it can punish you extra hard during the end game.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466680#Comment_2466680

    I disagree. I personally think the cut-off point should be once the End Game Collapse starts.

    Why exactly?

    Killers always claim that the game is not over when all Gens are done - mostly when they defend NOED. So why should a Perk be disabled when the game is going on? The game for a Survivor only ends when they are either escaped or dead, everything else means they are playing the game so they should have access to their Perks.

    Let alone that it is kinda the Killers fault that they did not manage to kill everyone before EGC. (The Killer is the only constant in their games, so they are to blame for that...)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466754#Comment_2466754

    Why exactly?

    Killers always claim that the game is not over when all Gens are done - mostly when they defend NOED. So why should a Perk be disabled when the game is going on? The game for a Survivor only ends when they are either escaped or dead, everything else means they are playing the game so they should have access to their Perks.

    Let alone that it is kinda the Killers fault that they did not manage to kill everyone before EGC. (The Killer is the only constant in their games, so they are to blame for that...)

    Because the perk not being disabled at that point can potentially outright guarantee an escape. That is not fair IMO.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466754#Comment_2466754

    Why exactly?

    Killers always claim that the game is not over when all Gens are done - mostly when they defend NOED. So why should a Perk be disabled when the game is going on? The game for a Survivor only ends when they are either escaped or dead, everything else means they are playing the game so they should have access to their Perks.

    Let alone that it is kinda the Killers fault that they did not manage to kill everyone before EGC. (The Killer is the only constant in their games, so they are to blame for that...)

    noed can be removed, ds can’t. It’s a free stun and I’m egc it’s a free escape. Imagine if Killers can mori off 1st hook. Lol just don’t get hooked 4head

  • @ouroboros_world said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466857#Comment_2466857

    noed can be removed, ds can’t. It’s a free stun and I’m egc it’s a free escape. Imagine if Killers can mori off 1st hook. Lol just don’t get hooked 4head

    NOED was only used as an example where Killers say that the game is not over when all Gens are done. Nothing more.

    @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466857#Comment_2466857

    Because the perk not being disabled at that point can potentially outright guarantee an escape. That is not fair IMO.

    Ah, it is "not fair". I think it is not fair that a Perk gets disabled when the Survivors are completing their Objective.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465700#Comment_2465700

    You don't have to. I rarely tunnel and I play Legion and Pig. If you accidentally find someone again, then you can slug them.

    Then you've spent time to down someone and no hook for it, then you have to chase someone else who's probably healthy, and the guy on the ground gets healed back to full. You can't win.

  • Well idk, maybe because they have 60 second immunity to being pick up and they want to exploit it to he fullest.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465749#Comment_2465749

    Then you've spent time to down someone and no hook for it, then you have to chase someone else who's probably healthy, and the guy on the ground gets healed back to full. You can't win.

    A slugged person who gets healed by another person is quite good Map Pressure.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466878#Comment_2466878

    NOED was only used as an example where Killers say that the game is not over when all Gens are done. Nothing more.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466860#Comment_2466860

    Ah, it is "not fair". I think it is not fair that a Perk gets disabled when the Survivors are completing their Objective.

    Considering that many perks are only active at certain points in the game, I don't consider that unreasonable at all.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466346#Comment_2466346

    They... Weren't complaining though? They didn't post an aggressive, angry 20 word letter about how DS needs to be nerfed. They stated they had no issue with it - it was just costing them some hooks / kills and inquired if it should be tweaked. They weren't playing before the nerf, so they didn't experience the bs survivors would pull with DS and they ought to feel lucky as I do that I wasn't playing with the old old DS. I think I'd lose my mind if I had to do the dribbling.

    @GenJockey26

    Who said anything about being aggressive and angry? You don't have to be angry to make a complaint about something.

    If he/she had no issue with it, then he wouldn't have posted about it. That is being passive aggressive.

    "They weren't playing before the nerf, so they didn't experience the bs survivors would pull with DS and they ought to feel lucky as I do that I wasn't playing with the old old DS. I think I'd lose my mind if I had to do the dribbling."

    Exactly. Hence my comment. Hence why I think it's hilarious that people still complain about this perk. Especially when it's counter is running rampant by the day.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465749#Comment_2465749

    Then you've spent time to down someone and no hook for it, then you have to chase someone else who's probably healthy, and the guy on the ground gets healed back to full. You can't win.

    You are still applying pressure by slugging. You have 3 survivors not working on gens- The slugged guy, the guy getting chased, and the survivor that will need to help the guy thats down. That's actually a lot of pressure on the survivors.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466434#Comment_2466434

    @GenJockey26

    Who said anything about being aggressive and angry? You don't have to be angry to make a complaint about something.

    If he/she had no issue with it, then he wouldn't have posted about it. That is being passive aggressive.

    "They weren't playing before the nerf, so they didn't experience the bs survivors would pull with DS and they ought to feel lucky as I do that I wasn't playing with the old old DS. I think I'd lose my mind if I had to do the dribbling."

    Exactly. Hence my comment. Hence why I think it's hilarious that people still complain about this perk. Especially when it's counter is running rampant by the day.

    A. I use they/them pronouns

    B. I said I wasn't complaining.

    :)

    does that help?

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466676#Comment_2466676

    Just because you got downed after being unhooked doesn't mean you got tunneled. It USUALLY means you're just bad at hiding, and bad at looping.

    Actually, it USUALLY does mean you got tunneled.

    "Proxy tunneler" doesn't even make sense

    Actually, it makes perfect sense. I'm a different poster and I understand exactly what they mean.

    I, too, love to start and end my arguments with, "I'm a different poster and I understand exactly what they mean."

  • @SunderMun said:

    No. If anything, it's too weak for its actual purpose. It needs to actually be able to counter tunneling rather than a perk that one can use for immunity to waste a killer's time.

    LMFAO


    "It needs to counter tunneling, rather than give me immunity and waste the Killer's time."


    What, EXACTLY, do you want DS to do??? LOLLLL...

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466818#Comment_2466818

    than eat the stun earlier before endgame if you don’t wanna get hit by it later in the match. That’s the only way you’re gonna play around DS.

    LMFAO WHAT.

    How is this even a valid response.


    An active DS during EGC is active at this time because they were rescued at that time. You can't "choose to eat it earlier" than this situation is happening.


    IN FACT, your suggestion of "eating the stun earlier" IS LITERALLY a suggestion to tunnel this person as soon as possible so that you don't have DS's in end game.


    YOU SURVIVORS ARE SO....................

    Just lmao.........

  • You can't abuse DS. If by abusing it you mean by jumping in a locker? why should the option of being slugged be the only one? Killer doesnt have to pick you out, they can just wait. If anything it needs to have the healing restriction removed because this is abused by killers who fake leaving you, just to come back once they think youve healed and thus you lose your DS and are still being tunelled.

  • If you had asked me this prior to the nerfs that were implemented when Trickster was added, I would've said yes. But now? I'd say it's in a decent spot. If I get hit by DS now, it's cause of something I did.

  • I personally think DS can go both ways, its really easy to abuse, sure, buts its just as easy to completely ignore it and continue tunneling.

    It's fine, there's really no way to fix either of those issues, I just find it funny that the anti tunnel perk is more of a temporary knife than a safety net.

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466849#Comment_2466849

    LMFAO WHAT.

    How is this even a valid response.

    An active DS during EGC is active at this time because they were rescued at that time. You can't "choose to eat it earlier" than this situation is happening.

    IN FACT, your suggestion of "eating the stun earlier" IS LITERALLY a suggestion to tunnel this person as soon as possible so that you don't have DS's in end game.

    YOU SURVIVORS ARE SO....................

    Just lmao.........

    Why would you attack me like that?? Jeez sorry Idk why you think i’m a survivor main just because i’m trying to give a little advice.

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466919#Comment_2466919

    Then dont tunnel at the end game. Didn't yall complained for like 2 years about ds cause it should be "anti-tunneling"

    Didn't know killers couldn't tunnel at the end game lol.

    So let that person escape for free? :P

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466840#Comment_2466840

    LMFAO

    "It needs to counter tunneling, rather than give me immunity and waste the Killer's time."

    What, EXACTLY, do you want DS to do??? LOLLLL...

    ...counter tunneling. Actually work when being tunneled, rather than punishing a player who plays well while being tunneled directly off the hook with being deactivated by the time they're picked up.

    But do go off. (:

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466920#Comment_2466920

    A. I use they/them pronouns

    B. I said I wasn't complaining.

    :)

    does that help?

    You said it has lost you kills, and you proceeded to say that it should turn off if the killer downs someone else.

    To me that sounds like you aren’t for how the current DS works now, while at the same time ignoring the fact that killers who camp will more than likely down someone else too.

    I.E. A killer can force a trade by camping at their own leisure or simply because they feel they cannot pressure. So they hit the person doing the save, person then takes another hit and goes down, but saves the camped teammate. In that instance DS should stay active, because it is punishing the killer for not properly applying pressure, I don’t think deactivating DS then is fair.

    So once again, the reason to me these types of threads sound like complaints is because many miss the mark on the fact that there are way too many scenarios in which the so called abuse comes from the other side to. Being with.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466997#Comment_2466997

    You said it has lost you kills, and you proceeded to say that it should turn off if the killer downs someone else.

    To me that sounds like you aren’t for how the current DS works now, while at the same time ignoring the fact that killers who camp will more than likely down someone else too.

    I.E. A killer can force a trade by camping at their own leisure or simply because they feel they cannot pressure. So they hit the person doing the save, person then takes another hit and goes down, but saves the camped teammate. In that instance DS should stay active, because it is punishing the killer for not properly applying pressure, I don’t think deactivating DS then is fair.

    So once again, the reason to me these types of threads sound like complaints is because many miss the mark on the fact that there are way too many scenarios in which the so called abuse comes from the other side to. Being with.

    that's fair, but I didn't have an issue with the fact it lost me kills. I was just wondering if it needed a rework, since streamers seem to have issues with it all the time*. I thought maybe that sentiment would be more widespread.

    sorry if it seemed like I was whining.

    Does this help clear up my point?

    either way, thanks for your input!

    *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBTogeQcds&t=308s

  • Reduce DS to 40 seconds and it’ll be fine. That’s plenty of immunity time.

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466849#Comment_2466849

    LMFAO WHAT.

    How is this even a valid response.

    An active DS during EGC is active at this time because they were rescued at that time. You can't "choose to eat it earlier" than this situation is happening.

    IN FACT, your suggestion of "eating the stun earlier" IS LITERALLY a suggestion to tunnel this person as soon as possible so that you don't have DS's in end game.

    YOU SURVIVORS ARE SO....................

    Just lmao.........

    You god

    DAMN

    F I L T H Y

    𝓢 𝓤 𝓡 𝓥 𝓘 𝓥 𝓞 𝓡 𝓢

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Reduce DS to 40 seconds and it’ll be fine. That’s plenty of immunity time.

    It already does on tier 1.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467032#Comment_2467032

    ...counter tunneling. Actually work when being tunneled, rather than punishing a player who plays well while being tunneled directly off the hook with being deactivated by the time they're picked up.

    But do go off. (:

    Yes, "do go off," very popular buzz phrase these days. +1 pip to you for slamming me hard with it.


    So you're saying that, after being unhooked, you had time to get into a chase and loop for 60 seconds, thus being downed and DS is now inactive.


    So, they either didn't camp you... Or BT served enough of an anti-tunnel force to buy you that 60+ second chase...

    You realize how many gens can get done in three different instances of 60 second chases? Hint: More than 1 game's worth of gens.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Reduce DS to 40 seconds and it’ll be fine. That’s plenty of immunity time.

    I can agree. I keep saying 30 seconds, but 40 would probably work out too.


  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465791#Comment_2465791

    People defending DS = bad loopers.

    See how easy this is?

    Just because you got downed after being unhooked doesn't mean you got tunneled. It USUALLY means you're just bad at hiding, and bad at looping. TWO different elements that would have saved you the trouble in the first place, where you're running DS to fix your weakness.

    The game shouldn't force the Killer to go easier on bad players just because they might run the crutch perk DS. Borrowed Time gives you 12 seconds, that's MORE than enough time. Do you honestly need 60???

    "Proxy tunneler" doesn't even make sense. You're just vomiting out random combinations of buzzwords you hear other people say when they die.

    Holy actual #########.

    This is prime Survivor posting, ladies & gentlemen.

    I know well what I´m talking about. So don´t come here to vomit me all your #########.

    And there are killers exceptional designed for tunneling (like spirit, nurse, wraith, etc).


    If a killer is trying to tunnel doing the proxycamp, there are situations where u can do very little as survivor (good looper or not) . As a survivor, i have given 1 free hit and even 2 free hits to killer so he stop chasing the tunneled guy. A BT will help u if killer is camping, but not much if he is proxycamping, because by the time he comes back inmunity will have expired.


    So I think the message you have written talks more about you than what is talks about me. If u are one of the detractors of DS I can have an idea of what kind of killer u are.

  • Well for people who say you can't abuse it, it's not rly true since you can still force the killer to eat it when he don't want to pick you up. For example slow or quick jump into a locker or forcing a killer grap on purpose or running around the killer to force grap even when the killer don't want to tunnel you.

    I wouldn't say DS is perfect but it is for sure much better than it was. Also some small nerf wouldn't kill it lol. I still see this perk almost every game at least 1 and it still does the job well done.

  • @Duke_Ragereaver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466460#Comment_2466460

    i feel like that might be a bridge too far, what i think should happen is a side grade i reckon you could call it. you can heal yourself, however opening a gate deactivates it.

    Make it activate after both hook stages then so its actually anti tunneling

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467155#Comment_2467155

    That's a (weird) scenario caused by the killer, for not applying enough pressure and making it to the end game.

    I consider end game shouldn't be easy for killers, survivors already did 5 gens, he couldn't prevent them from doing so, that's why he's getting punished; we shouldn't punish survivors for doing their objective, and at the end of the day no matter what the situation is DS is supposed to counter anti tunnel, and if u tunnel at any time of the match you're gonna get punished.

    Simple

    There's a big difference between "not easy" and "Survivor gets a guaranteed escape." The game should not give a Survivor a 100% chance to escape despite being downed while not even within the Exit Gate area. That's not "punish the Killer for not playing right;" that's just poor design.

    Let me put it to you like this: If the Killer does not tunnel and specifically avoids triggering DS the whole game, the Killer is now in a position where a Survivor who still has DS can now realistically secure an escape despite being downed. Why? Because the Killer didn't tunnel the whole game and allowed the Survivors to keep DS until the end. So in essence, NOT tunneling punished the Killer.

    It's asking Killers to play the game fast enough to avoid being put in this no-win scenario but not TOO fast by taking the Survivor out of the game quickly because then you might play into DS anyways. You can't have it both ways. Either they're supposed to play around it by not tunneling to avoid it or they're supposed to play around it by tunneling to force it early. You shouldn't be able to have your cake and eat it as well in this case.

  • Are people seriously crying about DS now in it's current state? lmfao there are some awful killers with even worse takes on balance inhabiting these forums. Least it keeps me entertained if nothing else.

  • @unluckycombo said:

    Nah, DS is fine now- as others have said, if anything I'd love to see it buffed. (Such as either taking away the self-healing caveat to give it more synergy with healing perks like Inner Strength or Secondwind, or giving it two charges/a little something extra after hitting DS to make it so that you have a better chance of breaking chase entirely.)

    It works with inner strength and second wind already.

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467961#Comment_2467961

    There's a big difference between "not easy" and "Survivor gets a guaranteed escape." The game should not give a Survivor a 100% chance to escape despite being downed while not even within the Exit Gate area. That's not "punish the Killer for not playing right;" that's just poor design.

    No, u tunneled u get punished simple. It's the killer who creates that scenario by not pressuring gens, basically every survivor perks get more powerful in end game cause the exit gate is there, ready to be open, so the killers is being pressured a lot.

    That's like saying killer should be punished for doing a 3 gen (which is a weird scenario) because it is unfair for survivors (and most of the time against a high mobility killer is a secured 2/3 kills

    Let me put it to you like this: If the Killer does not tunnel and specifically avoids triggering DS the whole game, the Killer is now in a position where a Survivor who still has DS can now realistically secure an escape despite being downed. Why? Because the Killer didn't tunnel the whole game and allowed the Survivors to keep DS until the end. So in essence, NOT tunneling punished the Killer.

    You like it or not, the killer tunneled and got punished. And if the killer didn't want to trigger DS the whole entire game, then he only got 1 hook on every survivor (in that scenario u did) is that pressuring survivors? Obviously DS will get powerful in end game cause that's where a killer will 100% tunnel a survivor. And that's the fault of the killer for not preventing survivors from doing their objective (aka. not applying pressure)

    It's asking Killers to play the game fast enough to avoid being put in this no-win scenario but not TOO fast by taking the Survivor out of the game quickly because then you might play into DS anyways. You can't have it both ways. Either they're supposed to play around it by not tunneling to avoid it or they're supposed to play around it by tunneling to force it early. You shouldn't be able to have your cake and eat it as well in this case.

    U tunneled, u get punished. Simple. Killers can create a lot of no-win scenario for them, and it's their FAULT, survivors shouldn't be punished for it. It's awesome how some people still complain about DS after getting nerfed 3 times, geez dont tunnel.

    The Killer created that scenario by not forcing DS early, would you not agree? If the Killer tunneled at the beginning to force DS and then reaches the end game, then the Killer specifically avoided that scenario by tunneling, correct?

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468361#Comment_2468361

    Survivors can save DS, so if they know they can make it to end game they could save it, that's survivor fault.

    The killer created that scenario by not pressuring gens

    So what you're saying is that there's no way to properly play around DS?

  • Ofc it's easy to abuse you have 60 seconds of the killer only being able to slug you and you can counter Slugging so yeah there's no way to avoid the DS besides wasting time. Plus you can force the killer into a grab so that you get to use DS.

1 2 3 4