What sight makes you instantly dodge a lobby?

Title. I've been playing this game for a super long time (approaching 3,000 hours around now) and im certainly no stranger to lobby dodging. over the years i've sort of narrowed my insta-dodges to a pretty small select few things that i refuse to play against. (For my own personal fun, most of the time.) The one thing that has remained consistent throughout all my years though is 2 things. Legacy players and 4 stacks. I don't think i have ever accepted a match against a 4stack swf or a legacy. Undeniably i am a bit of a coward, but i really hate sweating in this game so i try to go for casual lobbies. Whats your instant lobby dodge?

Comments

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Survivor: bad ping, keys, multiple flashlights.

    Killer: bad ping, keys.

    Very simple really, game struggles with good connection. Keys just ruin my fun for either side. And I dodge multiple flashlights as survivor as they're either toxic or cant actually use it and throw the game, neither are fun.

    Starstruck and lightborn will actually give you easier games than normal against lots of flashlights, a lot of fun you're missing out on.

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    .TTV user names

    Sure, some stink but all are toxic players.

    Honestly in 99% of my 4ks when they are live and I pop in to say gg they are generally really nice and complimentary, I was doing a spirit tome yesterday who I don't really play and I went in expecting salt and anger bcuz spirit and even then they were really nice and chill.

    A lot of ttv's are just happy you stopped by in my experience.

  • racist usernames and TTVS

  • Well, a few things

    Realizing I really need to take a #########

    Cat hungie

    Left the stove on

    Dog hungie

    Realizing I have a meme build that I used in my previous SWF

    You know, the usual

  • Keys and multiple toolboxes. If I’m Wraith, then add multiple flashlights to that.

  • When a surv changes their steam name to: insert killer name = dc. Very pathetic survs.

  • Keys are the only thing that makes me dodge lobbies.

  • Amazon delivery driver standing at the door.

  • As a Killer: nothing, but I don't play Killer often.

    As a Survivor: legacy players. I was watching a streamer once who got a hacker with a full legacy outfit. I know it's dumb, but since, I'm afraid of them being hackers.

    People with toxic names. Like... An insult or something bad.

    If there are thwo or three identical players. Same character, same cosmetic... The Killer is my opponent, yet I don't want them to be bullied. And from my experience, the matching Survivors tend to be a bit toxic. Or they don't care for other Survivors.

    (I actually rarely dodge as these scenarios don't come often.)

  • 4-man toolbox genrush squads


    Yeah I'm not letting you force a depip with a 3 minute game, why do you even want to do this? Are generators your favorite part of the game?

  • As survivor I only leave lobbies when I recognize a teammate's name


    You have to be remarkably toxic or garbage for me to have remembered your name without friending you

  • As killer: when all 4 survivors have tool boxes. I played against this once and they were all using BNPs and Prove Thyself. Gens FLEW and I felt really dumb. I'm simply not to the level yet where I can deal with that.

    As survivor: when another survivor has a key or someone has a name like: "morimeplz" bcuz EVERY time they do the killer brings ebony mori and tunnels and moris everyone and they end up being unfun matches.

  • @Jago said:

    Dodgers should get a dc penalty.

    No, because a match isn’t yet committed to. May as well not have a lobby then. Just search match and instantly load into a game once it’s found enough players.

  • As survivor: when there are more than one console player in the lobby, since "console player" is most often is a synonym of "bot".

    As killer: keys, 4 medkits, 4 toolboxes, many flashlights if I'm Wraith, obvious sweat squads that make it obvious from the lobby.

  • I'm usually never dodging as survivor since the wait is so long

    As killer, I pretty much only dodge if there's a legacy survivor skin in lobby. They're either a hacker, or they have 4 billion hours in the game and will be absolutely miserable to verse. And also blendettes, because I don't feel like chasing the invisible woman

    My game also mysteriously crashes almost every time a map offering is used. Odd how that works

  • The new survivor models.

    They destroyed everything we love about Dwight. Bring back classic Dwight!

  • I don't know if this counts as lobby dodging since I only dodge during the loading screen but if I see a busted map offering (survivors bringing haddonfield, killer bringing léry's/Midwich or something) then I dodge. I almost never bring map offerings myself on either side because I think that's unfair, busted, and simply boring and opponents who bring offerings like that tell me their true intentions and I have zero interest playing games against people like that if you have to try that hard to put a game in your favour. No more ruin undying no ed Scratch Mirror Myers or sweaty survivor builds on haddonfield or badham :). If any of this happened by RNG though I'd play it out, but I always check offerings during loading or beginning of the game to ensure.

    Also something I've noticed is that killers tend to play in a really douchey way when they bring stupid offerings like cut coin, which 99.9% of the time has no purpose. They bring sweatiest add ons and build and then insecure camp when they lose their pressure. No thanks.

  • As survivor if my teammates are all default fengs or megs or if someone has a key. As killer if I see a key or there aren't any survivors I like in the lobby. I'm picky like that.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    As survivor if my teammates are all default fengs or megs or if someone has a key. As killer if I see a key or there aren't any survivors I like in the lobby. I'm picky like that.

    Why would you dodge a key as a survivor?

  • Used to dodge TTVs before I knew what I was doing because I didn't feel like getting embarrassed in front of an audience or any toxic comments towards me.

    I also used to dodge any lobbies full of people with bright/neon clothes. Now they're just easier to see.

  • @Sherry said:

    I don't dodge lobbies too often, but when I do it's usually because they have a filthy username.

    I also might dodge if the other 3 survivors are identical. I think they might be a swf and likely won't be helpful. For example, many swfs will run to save their teammates, so I won't getting any saving points. Sometimes they'll purposely lead the killer to me, to make themselves safe. And when it's my turn to go on the hook, they'll be far away, healing each other and working on gens. So, as a solo survivor, I prefer not to play with swfs.

    from my personal anecdotal experience, identical survivors are not full 4 man SWFs. One of them is usually a random at least. Usually it'll be a pair, and somebody else decides to join in and the 4th guy says ######### it, why not.

    I love it because you can see how fast you are burning through killers. They see 4 Davids and panic. Then you get into a game and you all die at 4 gens because you're all just potatos having fun.

  • If you can already feel the sweat from the lobby, you leave.

    image.png


  • I just go with my gut.

    First instincts are never wrong in this game.

  • Ping, and maybe if someone has a name claiming they'll DC for XYZ reason

  • as a solo survivor: 2+ FL, keys and high ping

    as a killer: 3+ toolboxes(if its 2 and a key and a map user i will usually get out too), 4 medkits, high ping and if i would ever check steam profiles if i see someone with 6k+ hours i would usually leave because i dont feel like facing someone that has 10 times my time in this game having that I feel I've been playing this game for ages.

  • Because many killers will bring things such as Franklin's or camp and tunnel due to the key. I don't want my matches to be ruined cause of that.

    Also solo queue teammates with keys often play really selfishly.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404828#Comment_2404828

    Starstruck and lightborn will actually give you easier games than normal against lots of flashlights, a lot of fun you're missing out on.

    I avoid flashlights as survivor not killer, killer is just keys and bad ping

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404944#Comment_2404944

    No, because a match isn’t yet committed to. May as well not have a lobby then. Just search match and instantly load into a game once it’s found enough players.

    Okay, so why in *real* competitive games such as LoL or Valorant, dodging is punished ? If you're ready to find a match : you'ready. Then you adjust your perks and addons.

  • Bad ping & toxic trolls.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Title. I've been playing this game for a super long time (approaching 3,000 hours around now) and im certainly no stranger to lobby dodging. over the years i've sort of narrowed my insta-dodges to a pretty small select few things that i refuse to play against. (For my own personal fun, most of the time.) The one thing that has remained consistent throughout all my years though is 2 things. Legacy players and 4 stacks. I don't think i have ever accepted a match against a 4stack swf or a legacy. Undeniably i am a bit of a coward, but i really hate sweating in this game so i try to go for casual lobbies. Whats your instant lobby dodge?

    2+ flashlights, especially when playing Wraith lol o don't have the patience for it lol

  • dwights. im sorry but they ALWAYS bring the [BAD WORD] killer to you

  • Just keys. Everyone can agree in their current state they're broken. Maybe if

    I'm not playing a killer I'm confident with or I'm not playing a proper build I might skip 4 med-kits or toolboxes. It takes a lot for me to realistically skip these games. Otherwise I don't dodge.

  • Legacy Cosmetics and Keys

    most of the time legacy cosmetics are cheaters who hacked the game to get them and the other times someone who’s genuinely been playing that long so i don’t fancy playing against either of those.



    I shouldn’t have to really explain why keys are a instant dodge

  • Bad ping, legacy.

    Sometimes I dodge some popular SWFs that I know on my region because they never want to play actual DBD but ring around the rosie with flashlights.

  • swfs with horny names, I always tend to dip from those

  • As a survivor: tech issues, if the other 3 survivors are carrying flashlights (usually means a SFW that want to be dicks and I get caught in the crossfire). If another survivor’s username has “troll” or “meme” or something like that in the username, I’ll consider dodging. Got into a lobby once with a player whose username was indicating they made trolling videos for YouTube. Sure enough, they worked with killer the entire match. Once bitten twice shy.

  • sometimes legacy

    i dont wanna risk it being a hacker since most legacy is hacked in now anyways

  • I don't I'll change my perks to light born or something if I see a bunch of flashlights but never dodged a lobby. The way I see it if ur not willing to challange your self you'll never get better at the game. I don't care if a group of swf with 3 flashlights an a key want to call me trash after they hatch escape I still did my challenge 🙃.

  • Usually the thing that makes me leave both as survivor and killer is keys and swfs. Keys are honestly not fun for both sides imo, I don't see how people like bringing them. As for swfs, for killer it's pretty obvious why I don't like them but as survivor, I usually either lose cause I get abandoned or I win without feeling much challenge unless it's a spirit, blight, or a really good nurse in which case isn't much of a challenge but more of a how hard is the team going on the gens.

1 2 ›