35 minute game on RPD

What a nightmare. I wonder how many DC penalties that map is going to be responsible for when it comes back.

Comments

  • I imagine a good portion.

    But hey! At least it looks pretty!

    Right?

  • Once the crashes are fixed, none. Players DC, maps don't DC for them.

    35 minutes sounds like it was very tense, which is kinda the reason why you play survivor in the first place.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    What a nightmare. I wonder how many DC penalties that map is going to be responsible for when it comes back.

    I didn't think I could hate a map more than the new Coldwind's but this one takes the cake. Worst part I hate it as killer AND survivor. I'm weird though Midwich is my favorite map as killer AND survivor.

  • @Orion said:

    Once the crashes are fixed, none. Players DC, maps don't DC for them.

    35 minutes sounds like it was very tense, which is kinda the reason why you play survivor in the first place.

    Yeah running around being unable to find a generator or figure out how to get to a Jigsaw box, or to a slugged teammate, or to a hooked teammate, or back to a gen once a found one? Absolutely thrilling.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/266201/35-minute-game-on-rpd

    I didn't think I could hate a map more than the new Coldwind's but this one takes the cake. Worst part I hate it as killer AND survivor. I'm weird though Midwich is my favorite map as killer AND survivor.

    I'm actually starting to like Midwich now too because I've been getting it so much. And yeah, the new Coldwinds are awful.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360686#Comment_2360686

    Yeah running around being unable to find a generator or figure out how to get to a Jigsaw box, or to a slugged teammate, or to a hooked teammate, or back to a gen once a found one? Absolutely thrilling.

    Yes, that's common for indoor maps, since you can't see very far in any particular direction. You'll learn the layout, eventually.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360695#Comment_2360695

    Yes, that's common for indoor maps, since you can't see very far in any particular direction. You'll learn the layout, eventually.

    I have more than 1500 hours in this game, but thanks for the advice. And I have no desire to learn the layout. It's a garbage map that is bad for both killers and survivors.

  • I'm still of the mind that each half of the building could have been it's own map.

    Two maps for a new realm isn't a bad idea anyway.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360695#Comment_2360695

    Yes, that's common for indoor maps, since you can't see very far in any particular direction. You'll learn the layout, eventually.

    Exactly I have trouble with all of the indoor maps, doesnt have enough hour.

    RPD no different, but I like it, it captured the RE feel, gorgeous and very big, I love it

  • @scenekiller said:

    I'm still of the mind that each half of the building could have been it's own map.

    Two maps for a new realm isn't a bad idea anyway.

    Was Dead Dog the last outdoor map? I wouldn't mind more maps for that realm.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360686#Comment_2360686

    Yeah running around being unable to find a generator or figure out how to get to a Jigsaw box, or to a slugged teammate, or to a hooked teammate, or back to a gen once a found one? Absolutely thrilling.

    DyllonKG did a full map analysis on YouTube for RPD. Rooms with generators have flickering lightbulbs outside both entrances to room to indicate a generator is in there.

    Overall map is essentially a big figure 8 at an angle between upstairs and downstairs.

  • I don't see what it being rcpd has to do with anything... 35 min game on any map is annoying

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360725#Comment_2360725

    I have more than 1500 hours in this game, but thanks for the advice. And I have no desire to learn the layout. It's a garbage map that is bad for both killers and survivors.

    If you don't know the layout, how do you know the map is bad? Is it bad because you refuse to learn the layout?

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360686#Comment_2360686

    Yeah running around being unable to find a generator or figure out how to get to a Jigsaw box, or to a slugged teammate, or to a hooked teammate, or back to a gen once a found one? Absolutely thrilling.

    ...and this is why I often use Visionary and Open Handed.

  • Midwich is a masterpiece compared to RPD...

  • I can't imagine what the map must be like if you're not familiar with the rpd layout from playing re2, bit of a strange idea tbh.

  • 35 minute games are so ######### boring I have always preferred quick games

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360830#Comment_2360830

    If you don't know the layout, how do you know the map is bad? Is it bad because you refuse to learn the layout?

    In their defense the map barely ever shows up. Learning the layout of the biggest map without playing Re2 is be difficult. It might be hard to remember all the different parts of RPD when you see if maybe in 1 out of 20 games.

  • Just had a killer DC the second it loaded in. I don't blame them one bit. I'll probably give it a few chances, but most likely, I'll start to afk whenever I get it.

  • @theplaggg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361045#Comment_2361045

    In their defense the map barely ever shows up. Learning the layout of the biggest map without playing Re2 is be difficult. It might be hard to remember all the different parts of RPD when you see if maybe in 1 out of 20 games.

    It also helps to not DC when you see it pop up, which I've seen a number of players state they do.

  • @Orion said:

    Once the crashes are fixed, none. Players DC, maps don't DC for them.

    35 minutes sounds like it was very tense, which is kinda the reason why you play survivor in the first place.

    There is nothing tense about a game on RPD.

    You can literally sprint around for ten straight minutes and the killer will probably not find you if you don't go to the center area at the same time he does.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    35 minute games are so ######### boring I have always preferred quick games

    I tried to kill myself on hook and I Kobe'd, and I fast vaulted repeatedly for like two minutes trying to get her to come kill me, but she probably couldn't figure out how to get to me.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360830#Comment_2360830

    If you don't know the layout, how do you know the map is bad? Is it bad because you refuse to learn the layout?

    YES I REFUUUUUUSE TO LEARN IT. That's is. Absolutely.

  • I'm prestiging David and don't have any decent perks, so I was actually using Visionary and Open Handed for lack of better perks. And even then I couldn't find my way to the gens I was seeing. Fun was not had.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I imagine a good portion.

    But hey! At least it looks pretty!

    Right?

    It does look pretty! And that's the important thing.

  • That map needs to get broken up into two separate ones.

  • The thing that confuses me the most about the devs is that they say they want to make sure the things they work on are worth the time and effort but they go ahead and make a whole map that really doesn't fit for DBD gameplay.

    I just played a match on it and I hardly even looped the killer because I didn't need to. You can just shift W around the whole map and you're fine.

  • @BrodieDBD said:

    The thing that confuses me the most about the devs is that they say they want to make sure the things they work on are worth the time and effort but they go ahead and make a whole map that really doesn't fit for DBD gameplay.

    I just played a match on it and I hardly even looped the killer because I didn't need to. You can just shift W around the whole map and you're fine.

    It also doesn't help that there's two guaranteed windows that chain into each other near the middle of the map(the office room into the stair way windows are chainable god windows.)

  • After 20 minutes, I probably would have just given up and let them escape. Rofl. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

  • I’m a fan of the map, but I also understand there is instances where the map is just bad for both sides.

    So far I’ve only had one bad experience in this map. Against a slugging pig with knockout.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360830#Comment_2360830

    If you don't know the layout, how do you know the map is bad? Is it bad because you refuse to learn the layout?

    If a map requires multiple runs for a veteran player just to figure out to play the game on it, it's a poorly designed map.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I’m a fan of the map, but I also understand there is instances where the map is just bad for both sides.

    So far I’ve only had one bad experience in this map. Against a slugging pig with knockout.

    That sounds miserable.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    After 20 minutes, I probably would have just given up and let them escape. Rofl. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

    I tried to kill myself twice and I Kobe'd and then when I vaulted repeatedly to make noise, she probably couldn't figure out how to get to me.

  • @SocialRespect007 said:

    map is fine, fps is not fine :) also it became too dark for some reason.

    The map is not fine.