Survivors, I’m not here to hear your crap

I don’t understand people’s mindset nowadays. DBD is marketed as an asymmetrical PvP Horror game. Both sides have different goals and they have to reach their goals to win.


As a Killer, I’m supposed to guarantee you to leave the match dead. As a Survivor, I’m supposed to leave the game via exiting the exit gates.


I happen to come across some laughable and to be Frank, popular unreasonable criticism. It sounds selfish, but as a killer, I do not need to meet your rules. I never ever read your personal ToS and agreed to it right before the game started.


My job is to kill you. I don’t care if you don’t like me tunneling or camping during one time or another. It’s admittedly an optimal strategy since it helps me reach my final goal.


I don’t like being tunneled or camped either, but sometimes the killer needs to do it to get the upper hand, which is absolutely understandable. So yeah, I dislike many things in DBD, but it doesn’t mean I need to obey or satisfy the other side.


Just thought I had to get this off, since many people are under the impression that camping and tunneling are super cowardly strategies, when they’re in fact very optimal strategies that are required in many situations to win.


Last but not least, a couple of the issues people have with DBD are from their ego’s being recently hurt, not actual core issues within the game itself, I.E Camping & Tunneling. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean there’s anything particularly wrong with it.


Genrush away, it’s your goal after all. I have perks and add-ons to try to slow down that process that is required for you to win, just like you do for camping & tunneling. To both sides, stop verbally abusing people in the post-match chat and realize that putting arbitrary rules on the other side is simply silly & stupid.


EDIT: Since so many people are taking the post the wrong way, I need to clarify something: The only time I would condone and tunnel/camp someone is when the game is blowing by and I need to get some pressure on the survivors. Getting one person out of the game is favorable at 1 or 2 gens left.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265910/survivors-i-m-not-here-to-hear-your-crap

    It's not a strategy, as a strategy, or tactic, requires thinking and planning. And there is no such thing in something like "Me see you, me chase you forever" (and to be clear, read this with the voice of Samination's Trapper, it represents many killer mains). So no, neither camping nor tunneling are strategies, they are just choosing the easy way because you can't be bothered to do anything else, or you simply can't. Just like full SWFs. Killers always try to make it sound like they are not being toxic towards players that might as well be playing solo, when they camp and tunnel. And they always, purposefully, fail to see the bigger picture. Which is that of you preventing someone from playing. Or I take it that you would like to pay 20 bucks for a pizza, and then get kicked out of the restaurant empty handed, because you are not allowed to eat it?

    Strategy does not mean a well thought out plan. Strategy is what you that you beleive to. give you the best chances of succeeding in your goal.

    You can go into the match with the mindset of 12 hooking the team and playing in the 'fairest' way possible and 3 minutes on you are down to 1 gen with 1 hook. Then what?

    Ever hear the expression, 'no plan survives the first encounter?' You can go in wanting to do something and that strategy doesn't work. So your new strategy is to switch tactics and do something different.

    As far as slugging, tunneling and camping go. Here is a very common situation that pops up. Tell me what to do in this situation;

    I hook someone, no auras on BBQ. I start towards a gen, get maybe 20 meters from hook when the unhook occurs.

    Do i A) leave the area despite not knowing where anyone else is or

    B) go back to the hook knowing half the team is within my terror radius?

    I will every single time go back to the hook. Am i camping? I dont think so. Survivors didn't give me the chance to leave.

    Back to the situation

    I chose B and went back towards the hook. There was LOS blockers so i couldn't see where the survivors went. All of a sudden the injured unhooked person bumps into me.

    Do I A) Let them go to grind out a generator or

    B) Swing at them to trigger Borrowed Time and delay them at least with a mending action.

    Again i will choose B every time.

    So almost surprisingly (again happens quite frequently) no borrowed time and the survivor goes down. Leave them on floor to look for unhooker. No scratch marks. No sounds. No sign of the unhooker.

    Do I A) Continue searching for the ghost or other survivors, leaving the downed person slugged, (which is considered toxic) or

    B) Pick the survivor up to remove the DS threat and hook them again?

    This one isnt easy. As there are many variables. Is it early in the match? Can you afford to eat a DS stun? Are there gens close by that you really need to defend?

    If it is early in the match, then i will almost always choose B as DS is one of those perks you don't want to get hit with later on in the match. If im losing and the person is not on death hook, i will slug as it will take 2 people off gens and i cant afford the DS stun.

    Let's say its early on and i choose B. Im fully expecting DS, hell Im wanting DS to proc as i never intend to tunnel, yet the situation, in my mind, 100% is the proper play.

    Now survivor is pissed and DC's. Now it is a 3v1, the other survivors will not have nearly as good a game as they would have had, and it is my fault for being a tunneling camper.

    Tl;dr - POV is important. The person who dc'd is mad that they got camped and tunneled. But the killer wasn't trying to do that. Yet very rarely should a killer handicap themselves by not taking advantage of survivor misktakes.

  • @M4dBoOmr

    It‘s the same weird gameplay... I like balanced matches with killer interaction, unhooking, healing, gens... so that I have the feeling every player in the game have a funtime, earn enough bloodpoints and can enjoy the game, no matter if I escape or kill all survivors.

  • @NaigEtarip said:

    @Firellius

    No, you don't have an argument, because your argument is 'no one can judge whether something is good or bad'. 

    Please read what you write, you are not only contradicting yourself on the first phrase but attributing words that i never said.

    You are trying to approach game design like it's an exact science like chemistry or mathematics, and that doesn't work.

    What of what i wrote made you think that?

    Then why was it removed?

    Because DEVS determined that it was better for the game. Following that logic, if Tunneling, Camping, Slugging... are still unchanged it's cause they are good?

    One more time... my argument,

    Cause the negative connotation and the specific triggers is completely dependant on each individual and no player can have proof that a specific intended behaviour has a "real negative impact" on the game.

    This is about player's influencing other player's behaviour. About connotations of what is good or what is wrong for the game from a player perspective who probably lacks all the tools to know it.

    Of course i'm going to need proof to know why any player would want to influence other based on the potential false premise of knowing better.

    You are asking for 'proof' on opinion, on emotional response. What exactly are you expecting here?

    Because DEVS determined that it was better for the game.

    And I can guarantee you that they didn't have the 'proof' you are asking for here when they did it. Because that proof does not exist, nor is it possible to attain.

    Following that logic, if Tunneling, Camping, Slugging... are still unchanged it's cause they are good?

    That is an appeal to authority.

    Of course i'm going to need proof to know why any player would want to influence other based on the potential false premise of knowing better.

    This does simply translate to 'I want proof people dislike camping'. Which is either immensely tone-deaf, or you are running with an argument of 'no objective 'fun''. Either way, you're going to hit an impasse. Because the proof you are demanding does not exist and cannot be attained.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2362624#Comment_2362624

    You are asking for 'proof' on opinion, on emotional response. What exactly are you expecting here?

    Because DEVS determined that it was better for the game.

    And I can guarantee you that they didn't have the 'proof' you are asking for here when they did it. Because that proof does not exist, nor is it possible to attain.

    Following that logic, if Tunneling, Camping, Slugging... are still unchanged it's cause they are good?

    That is an appeal to authority.

    Of course i'm going to need proof to know why any player would want to influence other based on the potential false premise of knowing better.

    This does simply translate to 'I want proof people dislike camping'. Which is either immensely tone-deaf, or you are running with an argument of 'no objective 'fun''. Either way, you're going to hit an impasse. Because the proof you are demanding does not exist and cannot be attained.

    I asked for proof on the assumptions that your opinion holds. Not on the emotions...

    Do you acknowledge that there is no logical reason to conclude that the game would improve if player's did not tunnel, camp, slug...?

  • Private your profile. Stop reading endgame chat. Delete all messages from people you just faced. Now, you won't have to hear any survivor complaints.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    You're job is to kill everyone. Not one person, not three people, everyone. Tunneling only really helps in trials you could have won anyway, and camping is only useful in very sweaty trials.

    Nope, its to kill whoever as I see fit based on what I want to do as the killer. You, as a survivor don't get a say.

  • play however the heck you want, turn off messages and call it a day.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    I don’t understand people’s mindset nowadays. DBD is marketed as an asymmetrical PvP Horror game. Both sides have different goals and they have to reach their goals to win.

    As a Killer, I’m supposed to guarantee you to leave the match dead. As a Survivor, I’m supposed to leave the game via exiting the exit gates.

    I happen to come across some laughable and to be Frank, popular unreasonable criticism. It sounds selfish, but as a killer, I do not need to meet your rules. I never ever read your personal ToS and agreed to it right before the game started.

    My job is to kill you. I don’t care if you don’t like me tunneling or camping during one time or another. It’s admittedly an optimal strategy since it helps me reach my final goal.

    I don’t like being tunneled or camped either, but sometimes the killer needs to do it to get the upper hand, which is absolutely understandable. So yeah, I dislike many things in DBD, but it doesn’t mean I need to obey or satisfy the other side.

    Just thought I had to get this off, since many people are under the impression that camping and tunneling are super cowardly strategies, when they’re in fact very optimal strategies that are required in many situations to win.

    Last but not least, a couple of the issues people have with DBD are from their ego’s being recently hurt, not actual core issues within the game itself, I.E Camping & Tunneling. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean there’s anything particularly wrong with it.

    Genrush away, it’s your goal after all. I have perks and add-ons to try to slow down that process that is required for you to win, just like you do for camping & tunneling. To both sides, stop verbally abusing people in the post-match chat and realize that putting arbitrary rules on the other side is simply silly & stupid.

    ^^^

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361864#Comment_2361864

    Nope, its to kill whoever as I see fit based on what I want to do as the killer. You, as a survivor don't get a say.

    Except the game itself punishes you for that and it is often considered "griefing" because you're not actually trying to complete your objectives but instead ruin others experiences.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358876#Comment_2358876

    If camping and tunneling didn’t work people would not be on here every day crying about them.

    The answer is to play survivor better. You only need to run the killer for about 80 seconds to win the game if your team is actually doing gens. How people can’t even manage that against M1 killers on maps like “the game” is beyond me.

    When I am killing people before corrupt intervention is over it’s because they were friggin terrible. There’s just no other way to put it. And there’s no reason to stop chasing them if they go down in 15 seconds every time. Easy win for me. It’s really that simple. Same with camping at 5 gens left. No better time to do it. I know the survivors can’t end the game before I secure the kill and can snowball in the 3v1.

    Camping and tunneling have nothing to do with skill. They are strategies that you employ in the right situations when they are beneficial to you. That’s it.

    I bet you have a lot of friends and are fun at parties

  • This content has been removed.
  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2363107#Comment_2363107

    Except the game itself punishes you for that and it is often considered "griefing" because you're not actually trying to complete your objectives but instead ruin others experiences.

    My objective as a Killer is to kill. How is removing someone from the game in the fastest method possible not meeting that objective?

    Its not griefing. The killers job is to kill. Not bake cookies or make survivors feel good about themselves.

  • @Draxlore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2363857#Comment_2363857

    My objective as a Killer is to kill. How is removing someone from the game in the fastest method possible not meeting that objective?

    Its not griefing. The killers job is to kill. Not bake cookies or make survivors feel good about themselves.

    Because it only works against bad teams and therefore isn't actually you trying to complete your objective, but you trying to get a consolation prize because you know you're not good enough to deal with experienced survivors who would otherwise be cocky enough to make mistakes but will instead just do the gens and leave because there's literally nothing else for them to do thanks entirely to you.

    Personally, I don't pretend beating on bad players is fun. Because I know they're bad and I could have won without deliberately being a #########.

    Edit: And that's without mentioning the grinding misery that going against so many toxic killers that are preventing 4 other people from actually playing the game for no real personal benefit besides the satisfaction that they have ruined other people's experiences.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    I don’t understand people’s mindset nowadays. DBD is marketed as an asymmetrical PvP Horror game. Both sides have different goals and they have to reach their goals to win.

    As a Killer, I’m supposed to guarantee you to leave the match dead. As a Survivor, I’m supposed to leave the game via exiting the exit gates.

    I happen to come across some laughable and to be Frank, popular unreasonable criticism. It sounds selfish, but as a killer, I do not need to meet your rules. I never ever read your personal ToS and agreed to it right before the game started.

    My job is to kill you. I don’t care if you don’t like me tunneling or camping during one time or another. It’s admittedly an optimal strategy since it helps me reach my final goal.

    I don’t like being tunneled or camped either, but sometimes the killer needs to do it to get the upper hand, which is absolutely understandable. So yeah, I dislike many things in DBD, but it doesn’t mean I need to obey or satisfy the other side.

    Just thought I had to get this off, since many people are under the impression that camping and tunneling are super cowardly strategies, when they’re in fact very optimal strategies that are required in many situations to win.

    Last but not least, a couple of the issues people have with DBD are from their ego’s being recently hurt, not actual core issues within the game itself, I.E Camping & Tunneling. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean there’s anything particularly wrong with it.

    Genrush away, it’s your goal after all. I have perks and add-ons to try to slow down that process that is required for you to win, just like you do for camping & tunneling. To both sides, stop verbally abusing people in the post-match chat and realize that putting arbitrary rules on the other side is simply silly & stupid.

    All the entitled survivors mains would argue that you need to put any on hook. Rather than use one for pressure, they'll still talk all that smack.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364077#Comment_2364077

    Because it only works against bad teams and therefore isn't actually you trying to complete your objective, but you trying to get a consolation prize because you know you're not good enough to deal with experienced survivors who would otherwise be cocky enough to make mistakes but will instead just do the gens and leave because there's literally nothing else for them to do thanks entirely to you.

    Personally, I don't pretend beating on bad players is fun. Because I know they're bad and I could have won without deliberately being a #########.

    Edit: And that's without mentioning the grinding misery that going against so many toxic killers that are preventing 4 other people from actually playing the game for no real personal benefit besides the satisfaction that they have ruined other people's experiences.

    This is a similar message of why i started discussing here.

    Please read the conversation i had with Firellius and tell me if you can reach a logical conclusion on why a player should not choose to act on intended behaviour.

  • @NaigEtarip said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2362826#Comment_2362826

    I asked for proof on the assumptions that your opinion holds. Not on the emotions...

    Do you acknowledge that there is no logical reason to conclude that the game would improve if player's did not tunnel, camp, slug...?

    No, I don't. Tunnelling is difficult to argue against, I'll grant you that. Slugging is a bit one-sided but can still easily be construed as a gameplay problem.

    But camping deletes gameplay from both sides of the equation, as both survivor and killer spend two minutes doing nothing, and neither get properly rewarded for it. And this is obvious to pretty much everyone.

    Do you play the game, or are you on these forums simply for bad faith arguing?

  • The killer is doing what he is suppose to. Survivors that escape hook will do 2 things! Either go to an available generator to repair or start healing in a corner somewhere and go to a gen. Either way the gist of the survivor is to escape! Nothing more to it. I agree with camping and tunneling especially if gaining back control of the map.

  • Seems like you care a lot tbh.

    Also imagine willingly staying bad at a game you put time in....

  • These are the same people who say this but then also complain on the forums about body blocks, swf, flashlight saves (because looking at a wall is hard) and "second chance" perks when using four slow down.

  • I don't know actually because this game doesn't have a penalty for camping and tunneling and the same time survival rule book is just a way for survivor to say " this is how you are suppose to play for me to escape".

  • So is it skill or experience? Do points even matter? *DBD CRISIS INTENSIFIES*

  • You are a killer and your job is to prevent the survivors from escaping. -Dead by Daylight

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2362944#Comment_2362944

    No, I don't. Tunnelling is difficult to argue against, I'll grant you that. Slugging is a bit one-sided but can still easily be construed as a gameplay problem.

    But camping deletes gameplay from both sides of the equation, as both survivor and killer spend two minutes doing nothing, and neither get properly rewarded for it. And this is obvious to pretty much everyone.

    Do you play the game, or are you on these forums simply for bad faith arguing?

    I'm here so you realize that there's no logic on giving negative connotation to player intended behaviour.

    Camping is blocking movement input, deleting gameplay is another negative connotation you want to give it.

    There are many possibilities of what could have lead to camping, what happens while and after.

    How are you sure you would enjoy a game without those?

  • @NaigEtarip said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364179#Comment_2364179

    I'm here so you realize that there's no logic on giving negative connotation to player intended behaviour.

    Camping is blocking movement input, deleting gameplay is another negative connotation you want to give it.

    There are many possibilities of what could have lead to camping, what happens while and after.

    How are you sure you would enjoy a game without those?

    All right, dip, quick quesh for ya:

    If it is 'intended', why is it punished?

  • @TheGorgon said:

    I don’t understand people’s mindset nowadays. DBD is marketed as an asymmetrical PvP Horror game. Both sides have different goals and they have to reach their goals to win.

    As a Killer, I’m supposed to guarantee you to leave the match dead. As a Survivor, I’m supposed to leave the game via exiting the exit gates.

    I happen to come across some laughable and to be Frank, popular unreasonable criticism. It sounds selfish, but as a killer, I do not need to meet your rules. I never ever read your personal ToS and agreed to it right before the game started.

    My job is to kill you. I don’t care if you don’t like me tunneling or camping during one time or another. It’s admittedly an optimal strategy since it helps me reach my final goal.

    I don’t like being tunneled or camped either, but sometimes the killer needs to do it to get the upper hand, which is absolutely understandable. So yeah, I dislike many things in DBD, but it doesn’t mean I need to obey or satisfy the other side.

    Just thought I had to get this off, since many people are under the impression that camping and tunneling are super cowardly strategies, when they’re in fact very optimal strategies that are required in many situations to win.

    Last but not least, a couple of the issues people have with DBD are from their ego’s being recently hurt, not actual core issues within the game itself, I.E Camping & Tunneling. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean there’s anything particularly wrong with it.

    Genrush away, it’s your goal after all. I have perks and add-ons to try to slow down that process that is required for you to win, just like you do for camping & tunneling. To both sides, stop verbally abusing people in the post-match chat and realize that putting arbitrary rules on the other side is simply silly & stupid.

    EDIT: Since so many people are taking the post the wrong way, I need to clarify something: The only time I would condone and tunnel/camp someone is when the game is blowing by and I need to get some pressure on the survivors. Getting one person out of the game is favorable at 1 or 2 gens left.

    Cool. So you agree 'gen rushing' isn't a 'thing' and we survs don't need to hold your Killer expectations either? Good to know.

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    Oh I didn't know it bothered you! I will tell every other player not to do it again...

    Mate why are you always being a sarcastic ass on here to people simply stating their feelings towards the game? Nobody should be instantly dismissing these points, given that they're actually quite reasonable ones.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    You're job is to kill everyone. Not one person, not three people, everyone. Tunneling only really helps in trials you could have won anyway, and camping is only useful in very sweaty trials.

    Or if you're a low-rank Killer...

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265910/survivors-i-m-not-here-to-hear-your-crap

    I agreed with you until you said that there are times you need to tunnel and camp. There is never a reason to tunnel or camp unless you are just that bad at killer that you need to in order to get one kill or you are intentionally trying to piss players off and ruin their day.

    I'd say tunnelling is permissible by my standards if you need to secure a kill in the endgame for a challenge or something... at the end of the day, it's not anybody's job to be a salty and/or toxic loudmouth at the end of a game simply because they were killed or were outsmarted and outwitted by a team of swfs... I just cut my losses and move on. If I'm not playing Doctor, I'm usually pretty bad, but I just take it in and have as much fun as I can. Ultimately, that's the aim of the game for everyone. All of this 'professional' and 'competitive' talk from half of the playerbase is honestly faux and just a veneer for a fractured ego. If you want to be competitive, you have to be sportsmanlike. And that means not being a total killjoy afterwards just because a Killer was good or bad or a Survivor was the same... That's the end of the story.


    P.S: Also, yeah, I edited this because I accidentally spelled 'tunnelling' in the American 'tunneling'... Aussie here :D

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358788#Comment_2358788

    Mate why are you always being a sarcastic ass on here to people simply stating their feelings towards the game? Nobody should be instantly dismissing these points, given that they're actually quite reasonable ones.

    The hell is sarcasm?

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364203#Comment_2364203

    All right, dip, quick quesh for ya:

    If it is 'intended', why is it punished?

    Cause a feature of a game being overused / underused might not be intended?

    I also can guess that if it was "bad" for the game it wouldn't be discouraged but prevented or changed. Don't you think?

  • @NaigEtarip said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364207#Comment_2364207

    Cause a feature of a game being overused / underused might not be intended?

    I also can guess that if it was "bad" for the game it wouldn't be discouraged but prevented or changed. Don't you think?

    Oh, it would be changed, would it?

    Like they actually attempted before, but reverted because the solution had its own problems?

    And why would there be a problem with it being overused if there is no negative impact to camping? I mean, you don't see BHVR taking measures against gens getting done, and I'm pretty sure 100% of survivors will attempt to do gens in the vast majority of their matches!

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2362545#Comment_2362545

    Strategy does not mean a well thought out plan. Strategy is what you that you beleive to. give you the best chances of succeeding in your goal.

    You can go into the match with the mindset of 12 hooking the team and playing in the 'fairest' way possible and 3 minutes on you are down to 1 gen with 1 hook. Then what?

    Ever hear the expression, 'no plan survives the first encounter?' You can go in wanting to do something and that strategy doesn't work. So your new strategy is to switch tactics and do something different.

    As far as slugging, tunneling and camping go. Here is a very common situation that pops up. Tell me what to do in this situation;

    I hook someone, no auras on BBQ. I start towards a gen, get maybe 20 meters from hook when the unhook occurs.

    Do i A) leave the area despite not knowing where anyone else is or

    B) go back to the hook knowing half the team is within my terror radius?

    I will every single time go back to the hook. Am i camping? I dont think so. Survivors didn't give me the chance to leave.

    Back to the situation

    I chose B and went back towards the hook. There was LOS blockers so i couldn't see where the survivors went. All of a sudden the injured unhooked person bumps into me.

    Do I A) Let them go to grind out a generator or

    B) Swing at them to trigger Borrowed Time and delay them at least with a mending action.

    Again i will choose B every time.

    So almost surprisingly (again happens quite frequently) no borrowed time and the survivor goes down. Leave them on floor to look for unhooker. No scratch marks. No sounds. No sign of the unhooker.

    Do I A) Continue searching for the ghost or other survivors, leaving the downed person slugged, (which is considered toxic) or

    B) Pick the survivor up to remove the DS threat and hook them again?

    This one isnt easy. As there are many variables. Is it early in the match? Can you afford to eat a DS stun? Are there gens close by that you really need to defend?

    If it is early in the match, then i will almost always choose B as DS is one of those perks you don't want to get hit with later on in the match. If im losing and the person is not on death hook, i will slug as it will take 2 people off gens and i cant afford the DS stun.

    Let's say its early on and i choose B. Im fully expecting DS, hell Im wanting DS to proc as i never intend to tunnel, yet the situation, in my mind, 100% is the proper play.

    Now survivor is pissed and DC's. Now it is a 3v1, the other survivors will not have nearly as good a game as they would have had, and it is my fault for being a tunneling camper.

    Tl;dr - POV is important. The person who dc'd is mad that they got camped and tunneled. But the killer wasn't trying to do that. Yet very rarely should a killer handicap themselves by not taking advantage of survivor misktakes.

    Survivors didn't give me chance to leave.... Are you joking? Are you really acting like camping is not YOUR choice. Because a perk that does the work for you, finding survivors that YOU don't look for, didn't do it? It's YOUR choice, you are camping.

    As for running into the injured survivor BY CHANCE, that's different. If it happens BY CHANCE, it wasn't your decision. And if it wasn't your decision, if it wasn't done on purpose buy BY CHANCE, it's not tunneling. Still, I would leave the guy on the ground, or remove DS and look for somebody else.

    Let's just be honest here, killers will never admit tthat they are being toxic, even though inhaling Polonium would be less toxic than they are.

  • @thisisntmax said:

    These are the same people who say this but then also complain on the forums about body blocks, swf, flashlight saves (because looking at a wall is hard) and "second chance" perks when using four slow down.

    Don’t remember once complaining about this, probably because I’m a survivor main myself :) And if I was, I wouldn’t care because I clarified that what the community finds stupid and dumb are tools that can be utilized on both sides :).


    I don’t know how many times today I said “Ugh, he or she tunneled me. It’s fine, we won anyway and they were justified in doing so because they had 0 pressure and the game was going to end”. Pretty abnormal behavior from a survivor player that understands why they tunneled, am I right? No, I’m being fair.


    If I had a clip, I’d show you.


    If anything, I’m a clicky decisive strike + Head on user. By your definition, I should hate myself! But no, I’m just being understanding and fair.


    @BioX said:

    Seems like you care a lot tbh.

    Also imagine willingly staying bad at a game you put time in....

    I really don’t… hence why I am not taking your second part seriously. I’ve seen my fair share of great and tournament killers that camp/tunnel when a very bad game isn’t going their way, same with streamers that need the upper hand in very poor situations. If you bothered to read my whole post, you’d see exactly when and where I would condone tunneling and camping :), but if you fail to see that, it’s not my problem.


    Now that I have your attention, when do I condone and tunnel? Only in matches where I’ve done poorly or the survivors have just done too overwhelmingly well at 1-2 gens left and the survivors are as competent as ever.


    Thats the only time when I would tunnel/camp. I’m not having fun, but the survivors are having a blast! Why shouldn’t I at least make it competitive for myself & them? Maybe just maybe, a 3v1 would make my chances even greater to win.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364298#Comment_2364298

    Oh, it would be changed, would it?

    Like they actually attempted before, but reverted because the solution had its own problems?

    And why would there be a problem with it being overused if there is no negative impact to camping? I mean, you don't see BHVR taking measures against gens getting done, and I'm pretty sure 100% of survivors will attempt to do gens in the vast majority of their matches!

    Oh, it would be changed, would it?

    This is the important point, that's my hypotesis. It holds no logical basis as i don't work in the company that leads the game.

    I could be right but i also could be wrong.

    Like they actually attempted before, but reverted because the solution had its own problems?

    Right, so do you think that i should use my guess on why it was reverted to tell other's if they are wrong or right about their actions now?

    Wouldn't that be misleading others? Misleading community towards what actually could be worse for the game cause i don't hold any proof?

    I understand that sometimes is hard to realize that our opinions hardly hold logical basis... but don't take our discussion as a personal attack.

    It's been an enjoyable discussion.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    I don’t understand people’s mindset nowadays. DBD is marketed as an asymmetrical PvP Horror game. Both sides have different goals and they have to reach their goals to win.

    As a Killer, I’m supposed to guarantee you to leave the match dead. As a Survivor, I’m supposed to leave the game via exiting the exit gates.

    I happen to come across some laughable and to be Frank, popular unreasonable criticism. It sounds selfish, but as a killer, I do not need to meet your rules. I never ever read your personal ToS and agreed to it right before the game started.

    My job is to kill you. I don’t care if you don’t like me tunneling or camping during one time or another. It’s admittedly an optimal strategy since it helps me reach my final goal.

    I don’t like being tunneled or camped either, but sometimes the killer needs to do it to get the upper hand, which is absolutely understandable. So yeah, I dislike many things in DBD, but it doesn’t mean I need to obey or satisfy the other side.

    Just thought I had to get this off, since many people are under the impression that camping and tunneling are super cowardly strategies, when they’re in fact very optimal strategies that are required in many situations to win.

    Last but not least, a couple of the issues people have with DBD are from their ego’s being recently hurt, not actual core issues within the game itself, I.E Camping & Tunneling. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean there’s anything particularly wrong with it.

    Genrush away, it’s your goal after all. I have perks and add-ons to try to slow down that process that is required for you to win, just like you do for camping & tunneling. To both sides, stop verbally abusing people in the post-match chat and realize that putting arbitrary rules on the other side is simply silly & stupid.

    EDIT: Since so many people are taking the post the wrong way, I need to clarify something: The only time I would condone and tunnel/camp someone is when the game is blowing by and I need to get some pressure on the survivors. Getting one person out of the game is favorable at 1 or 2 gens left.

    You are propably THE kind of killer who cant put a pressure on survivors and then when you have one hook and all gens are done you face camp poor dude with an idea that survivors will try to rescue them en you noed them all.



    So cut your crap about justyfing tunnelling and camping. These are by killers who cant event play tactically pr chase one guy and ignore all gens which are beibg repaired 5m from him.


    And then he cries "your fault, you were gen rushing!"

  • @NaigEtarip said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364332#Comment_2364332

    Oh, it would be changed, would it?

    This is the important point, that's my hypotesis. It holds no logical basis as i don't work in the company that leads the game.

    I could be right but i also could be wrong.

    Like they actually attempted before, but reverted because the solution had its own problems?

    Right, so do you think that i should use my guess on why it was reverted to tell other's if they are wrong or right about their actions now?

    Wouldn't that be misleading others? Misleading community towards what actually could be worse for the game cause i don't hold any proof?

    I understand that sometimes is hard to realize that our opinions hardly hold logical basis... but don't take our discussion as a personal attack.

    It's been an enjoyable discussion.

    Right, so do you think that i should use my guess on why it was reverted to tell other's if they are wrong or right about their actions now?

    No, but I think you should stop hurling out bad-faith rhetoric in an attempt to defend camping.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364444#Comment_2364444

    Right, so do you think that i should use my guess on why it was reverted to tell other's if they are wrong or right about their actions now?

    No, but I think you should stop hurling out bad-faith rhetoric in an attempt to defend camping.

    It was never necessarily about Camping... but about any possibility there is for all players due to the intended design.

    Anyways i end our discussion here, have been enough respectful by repeating myself many times by now.

  • well killing someone shouldn't be a win that's what causing the camp or tunneling if game considered the hook states instead of killing it would all be solved and everyone or at least more people would stoped doing this strategy and all these terms would be simpler as a killer to get 4k yeah you might need to camp or tunnel ı wouldn't mind this situation that much but bubba face camping is a diffrent story those bubbas they are just suck

  • @KajdanKi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265910/survivors-i-m-not-here-to-hear-your-crap

    You are propably THE kind of killer who cant put a pressure on survivors and then when you have one hook and all gens are done you face camp poor dude with an idea that survivors will try to rescue them en you noed them all.

    So cut your crap about justyfing tunnelling and camping. These are by killers who cant event play tactically pr chase one guy and ignore all gens which are beibg repaired 5m from him.

    And then he cries "your fault, you were gen rushing!"

    No, actually. Stop with these hypotheticals. I do just fine and nearly never tunnel or camp, but when I’m having a poor game and I need some sort of pressure, hell yeah I will!


    Played maybe 10-12 games today as killer, don’t remember camping or tunneling once. I just remember ending the game way before they got the chance to escape. Plus, if I were that type of killer, I wouldn’t be red ranks right now. I’d be hardstuck because you don’t pip like that.

    So yeah, I think I fair just fine without these “strategies” I previously mentioned, but there are times where I tunnel (At 1 or 2 gens left to create some sort of pressure, and only if I’ve got like 1 or 2 hooks or none at all). or camp (In the situation where everything’s repaired, exit gates are open, and I want a kill). Plenty of ways to go about saving that survivor.


    And last but not least, if you could read the actual content of my post correctly, you’d obviously see that I don’t really care at all about gen rushing because there’s perks to counter that, just like there’s perks that deal with tunneling and camping. Yet again, another individual who fails to read the very last paragraph of my post which completely is the opposite of that of what you’re saying.


    Anyways, I’m tired of arguing with the “you’re that type of killer”. It’s obvious that they and you don’t read the actual body of text because of your ignorance. I’m ending my side of the discussion here.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364529#Comment_2364529

    No, actually. Stop with these hypotheticals. I do just fine and nearly never tunnel or camp, but when I’m having a poor game and I need some sort of pressure, hell yeah I will!

    Played maybe 10-12 games today as killer, don’t remember camping or tunneling once. I just remember ending the game way before they got the chance to escape. Plus, if I were that type of killer, I wouldn’t be red ranks right now. I’d be hardstuck because you don’t pip like that.

    So yeah, I think I fair just fine without these “strategies” I previously mentioned, but there are times where I tunnel (At 1 or 2 gens left to create some sort of pressure, and only if I’ve got like 1 or 2 hooks or none at all). or camp (In the situation where everything’s repaired, exit gates are open, and I want a kill). Plenty of ways to go about saving that survivor.

    And last but not least, if you could read the actual content of my post correctly, you’d obviously see that I don’t really care at all about gen rushing because there’s perks to counter that, just like there’s perks that deal with tunneling and camping. Yet again, another individual who fails to read the very last paragraph of my post which completely is the opposite of that of what you’re saying.

    Anyways, I’m tired of arguing with the “you’re that type of killer”. It’s obvious that they and you don’t read the actual body of text because of your ignorance. I’m ending my side of the discussion here.

    but when I’m having a poor game and I need some sort of pressure, hell yeah I will!


    Yep it is said , just in your own words :)

  • @MadLordJack said:

    You're job is to kill everyone. Not one person, not three people, everyone. Tunneling only really helps in trials you could have won anyway, and camping is only useful in very sweaty trials.

    Look everyone, after five years of having no specific win condition, MadLordJack just announced that killers have to kill everyone or they lose.

    Thanks MLJ, which part of the dev team are you? When will this rule change be officially announced?

  • Wow, you're so brave for posting this OP. Cant wait to see this exact post again tomorrow.

  • @Troman said:

    Whatever. Who cares about the whiny crap you wrote.

    Im guessing your the survivor that has DS and Unbreakable and puts "gg ez" in the chat.

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    Bruh I'm sick and tired of tying essays for killer mains like you complaining about survivors even though they don't play survivor. I'm not even going to bother at this point.

    Stop, check yourself. Killers have strategies just like us. This is why killers are very little at the moment. I am a survivor main and the fact that you rage every game just because a killer was doing their job is childs play.

  • @papichulo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361849#Comment_2361849

    Stop, check yourself. Killers have strategies just like us. This is why killers are very little at the moment. I am a survivor main and the fact that you rage every game just because a killer was doing their job is childs play.

    A killer is doing their job by constantly tunneling and camping at the wrong times? Ex: At 5 gens when no one has done anything like a bubba face camping for no reason.

    Yes, there are times for killers to do strategies like camping and tunneling and I don't mind when it happens, but there are wrong times that ruin the fun of the game and are unfair towards survivors and when it constantly happens at the wrong time it ruins the game for everyone. I haven't been having fun because of that exact thing. Killers just tunnel and camp for no reason and act like its fair for survivors and then complain when survivors do gens. 🤦

    Killers are doing their job by abusing strategies and perks to ruin fun is what you're saying?

  • Closed as requested by OP.

1 2 ›