Survivors Are Leaving The Game

Survivor mains are starting to leave the game. This is because of the all strong killers and strong meta perks out there like Corrupt Intervention, Ruin + Undying, Tinkerer, Discordance, Bamboozle, Pop Goes The Weasel and more.

As for the killers people leave the game because of Blight, Nurse, Spirit, Huntress, Deathslinger and Hag ( basically all strong and unfair killers).

You can counter survivor meta EXTREMELY EASY. For example:

Borrowed Time; Go for the unhooker

Decisive Strike; Dont tunnel

Unbreakable; Dont Slug

Dead Hard; Bait it.

Killer meta perks on the other hand are harder to counter.

You cant counter Tinkerer, you cant counter Pop Goes The Weasel, you can counter Ruin + Undying but it takes so much time. You can counter NOED but it takes so much time, you cant counter bamboozle.

As you can see there are a lot of survivor perks that can be countered so easily. but you cant counter most of the killer perks. Survivors are running out of resources and some survivor perks are nerfed already (Decisive Strike, Borrowed time etc.) These are the reasons why survivors are starting to leave the game. And honestly, I hope they focus on the survivors instead of the killers. Because killer perks are starting to get strong and killers are becoming so unfun and boring to play against (Especially Deathslinger). So yeah i hope they do something about this.

Comments

  • @Wavy said:

    this forum is full of killer mains lol.

    Or most on here play both sides and don't agree with your assumption that killers are OP?

    Not saying names but the whole "forum's are just full of killer mains" seems to be the last resort argument when nobody agrees with them saying killers are op and survivors are weak. It really isn't as black and white as that

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318334#Comment_2318334

    Idk where your playing at but those times are not accurate for me. Survivor 30 seconds or less, killer 20 minutes. I'm east coast and only play between the hours of 5pm - 11pm and it's been like this for idk roughly 2 weeks maybe 3. Oh I know maybe it's because the game is broke? It's broke for killer too but you need less killers then survivors.

    Me too. Killer is taking much longer to find a match than survivor. East Coast, same times.

  • "You can counter survivor meta EXTREMELY EASY. For example:

    Borrowed Time; Go for the unhooker

    Decisive Strike; Dont tunnel

    Unbreakable; Dont Slug"

    So a survivor brings these perks and get little use out of them because they don't get camped, tunnelled or slugged. And this is disappointing for them? I don't think that many survivors think that way.

    I've known multiple survivor mains who quit the game or permanently switched to killer, and it wasn't for any of the reasons you mentioned. It was the constant bugs, the state of the game on ps4 and xbox, and the extremely stale survivor gameplay (the endless gen repair, basically)

    I agree with you about a lot of the more recent killers being unfun to go against, mostly slinger, twins and trickster (for different reasons)

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I mean, OP isn't wrong about recent killers being pretty boring. I feel like every killer since Slinger sans Twins is just sort of the same thing.

    That's why I'm being driven away from the game. Disappointing new content.

    I think that's partially due to peoples preferences though.

    Sure, it's hard to come up with new ideas for killer powers but afaik most people really dislike "setup killers" like trapper and hag. Survivors also hate hit'n'run killers, see Wraith.

    Survivors want to get chased because that's the fun of DbD for most survivors. You rarely get chased by a hag or a wraith though because their chase potential is rather weak and their strong side is to catch survivors off guard.

    So the devs are pretty much stuck with the "Strong chase power killer". Anything else wouldn't be liked by survivors and maybe also killers.


    Look at how people react over the slightest changes in gameplay, recently seen with Nemesis. "AI who helps the killer? Ermagerd, remove it!"


    Even though I think that BHVR really lacks in multiple departments, I also think that the "boring killer design as of late" is not due to the lack of creativity but more due to the lack of acceptance of changes from their player base.

  • maybe I'l finally be able to play Survivor

  • There's so much wrong with this mate

  • I want to leave this game when I am with 3 swf playing toxic against me : (I'm a survivor main and I also play killer sometimes)

    • they won't unhook me
    • they won't let me the hatch if I need it for a C.HA.L.L.E.N.G.E

    This game is not good for solo queue players. That's my experience after 2700 hours in this game.

    Whatever you will do, people will spill their vomit on you. You've been chased, did 2 gens and you want the hatch for your challenge (people can know it when you play a map in the lobby) ? No way. We escaped thanks to you, we are going to insult you in the chat and won't be ban : just have pleasure to be mean against people.


    Survivors are moving away cuz of toxic players (survivors and killers), not cuz of OP killers who play fair with fun.

  • I think you're forgetting the game is near unplayable for a lot of people right now. That's gonna affect queue times.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318377#Comment_2318377

    I think that's partially due to peoples preferences though.

    Sure, it's hard to come up with new ideas for killer powers but afaik most people really dislike "setup killers" like trapper and hag. Survivors also hate hit'n'run killers, see Wraith.

    Survivors want to get chased because that's the fun of DbD for most survivors. You rarely get chased by a hag or a wraith though because their chase potential is rather weak and their strong side is to catch survivors off guard.

    So the devs are pretty much stuck with the "Strong chase power killer". Anything else wouldn't be liked by survivors and maybe also killers.

    Look at how people react over the slightest changes in gameplay, recently seen with Nemesis. "AI who helps the killer? Ermagerd, remove it!"

    Even though I think that BHVR really lacks in multiple departments, I also think that the "boring killer design as of late" is not due to the lack of creativity but more due to the lack of acceptance of changes from their player base.

    The problem isn't a lack of wanting to change. It's just that the change is bad/boring. Chases against killers like Billy, for example, will always be fun. The new killers chaser powers just make chases boring with inevitable hits regardless of killer/survivor skill really.

    At least thats why I find them boring.

    Almost every killer since Oni feels like they've been designed around "one sided" fun. I enjoy playing as most of them but my god, they make me want to never play survivor again.

  • Ez wins are boring. My favorite games are where 2 survivors are constantly working gens and the other 2 are putting up a hell of a fight. Even the bully squads are fun. The games that arent fun are when everyones dead with 3 gens left or all the gens are done and ive got 2 hooks. Booooring.

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318454#Comment_2318454

    Ez wins are boring. My favorite games are where 2 survivors are constantly working gens and the other 2 are putting up a hell of a fight. Even the bully squads are fun. The games that arent fun are when everyones dead with 3 gens left or all the gens are done and ive got 2 hooks. Booooring.

    well, I kinda agree with you not gonna lie

  • @Wavy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318369#Comment_2318369

    huntress is unfair because her hatchet hitbox is bs, blight is unfair because his mobility is insanely high, hag is unfair because you cant detect her traps easily.

    your not supposed to detect her traps that is why they are called TRAPS

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318375#Comment_2318375

    your not supposed to detect her traps that is why they are called TRAPS

    It gives an unfair advantage tho

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318542#Comment_2318542

    The problem isn't a lack of wanting to change. It's just that the change is bad/boring. Chases against killers like Billy, for example, will always be fun. The new killers chaser powers just make chases boring with inevitable hits regardless of killer/survivor skill really.

    At least thats why I find them boring.

    Almost every killer since Oni feels like they've been designed around "one sided" fun. I enjoy playing as most of them but my god, they make me want to never play survivor again.

    Well except for Billy, what killers are you enjoying to play against?

    Thing is most killers that stand a real chance against good players are hated by survivors. I haven't really seen may killers which survivors don't complain about whether it's them being too strong or "not fun playing against".

    Most killers survivors don't complain about are the bottom of the bottom tier like Myers. Wraith used to be one of those but the buff he got pretty much escalated him from not being spoken about to "omg nerf right now it's super duper mega deluxe unfun".

  • I wanted to withstand but I just can't - Want to start talking about SWF with comms like Discord/TS then? I mean when hags Traps are considered "unfair advantage" what's third party applications then? :D


    If survivors know what they're doing they can even abuse hags traps against her. All it takes is one survivor constantly following hag and activating her traps at purpose at max distance. The hag will never be able to hit you when you're doing it right and since her chasing power is beyond weak you waste enough of her time to lose her the match.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318701#Comment_2318701

    I wanted to withstand but I just can't - Want to start talking about SWF with comms like Discord/TS then? I mean when hags Traps are considered "unfair advantage" what's third party applications then? :D

    If survivors know what they're doing they can even abuse hags traps against her. All it takes is one survivor constantly following hag and activating her traps at purpose at max distance. The hag will never be able to hit you when you're doing it right and since her chasing power is beyond weak you waste enough of her time to lose her the match.

    SWF is fine and balanced. You cant handle SWF because you are just a bad killer. this is very simple.

    Some killers are more unfair than SWF such as blight, nurse, oni, trickster, deathslinger, hag, spirit, clown and trapper

  • @Wavy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318735#Comment_2318735

    SWF is fine and balanced. You cant handle SWF because you are just a bad killer. this is very simple.

    Some killers are more unfair than SWF such as blight, nurse, oni, trickster, deathslinger, hag, spirit, clown and trapper

    Trapper?

    The weakest killer in the game?

    Trapper?

  • Trapper is NOT a weak killer. I always get 2k or 3k as my boi krampus trapper at red ranks.

  • @Wavy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318755#Comment_2318755

    Trapper is NOT a weak killer. I always get 2k or 3k as my boi krampus trapper at red ranks.

    I love Trapper. Trapper is my relaxing killer.

    Compared to basically every other killer in the game, he has very little going for him. He is no way of form "unfair".

  • Thats what happens when they complete gens.

  • @Wavy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318735#Comment_2318735

    SWF is fine and balanced. You cant handle SWF because you are just a bad killer. this is very simple.

    Some killers are more unfair than SWF such as blight, nurse, oni, trickster, deathslinger, hag, spirit, clown and trapper

    Wait so SWF is fine and balance, even a coordinated SWF?

    But killers like blight, oni, trickster, clown (whose power isn't work correctly) and trapper are unfair. Despite the fact the have counterplay to their power. If you can't handle these killers you are just a bad survivor, simple as that.

  • @BasementDweller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318749#Comment_2318749

    Wait so SWF is fine and balance, even a coordinated SWF?

    But killers like blight, oni, trickster, clown (whose power isn't work correctly) and trapper are unfair. Despite the fact the have counterplay to their power. If you can't handle these killers you are just a bad survivor, simple as that.

    If u cant handle SWF you are a bad killer simple as that.

  • @Wavy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318805#Comment_2318805

    If u cant handle SWF you are a bad killer simple as that.

    Never said I couldn't handle SWF, but that doesn't mean their fair and balanced.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318662#Comment_2318662

    Well except for Billy, what killers are you enjoying to play against?

    Thing is most killers that stand a real chance against good players are hated by survivors. I haven't really seen may killers which survivors don't complain about whether it's them being too strong or "not fun playing against".

    Most killers survivors don't complain about are the bottom of the bottom tier like Myers. Wraith used to be one of those but the buff he got pretty much escalated him from not being spoken about to "omg nerf right now it's super duper mega deluxe unfun".

    I still find huntress, Billy, Leatherface all fun to play against. And those are all killers with chase focused powers. Demo too if it isnt one of those boring portal gen defense types of Demos. I still find Oni by far the scariest to play against despite his weak early game. Just feels like every killer since Deathslinger has been a real chore to enjoy games against

    I think my hatred of newer chase based killers is the ability to hit over pallets or just make them downright unsafe. It doesn't make for a fun match when thats your main defense. If they added new mechanics for them I wouldn't mind. But I find them too easy to play in chases and boring to play against in them.

  • I don't know what your source is but if some people took a break it is most likely because of the optimisation issues.

    Anyway I still think you are blowing it out of proportion.

  • No it doesn't. It's the point of her power. If having a power is an unfair advantage you might as well just be saying we need to nerf every killer in the game.

  • @Wavy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318735#Comment_2318735

    SWF is fine and balanced. You cant handle SWF because you are just a bad killer. this is very simple.

    Some killers are more unfair than SWF such as blight, nurse, oni, trickster, deathslinger, hag, spirit, clown and trapper

    Oni, trickster, trapper, and clown being unfair ok I think that tells me everything I need to know

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318353#Comment_2318353

    Me too. Killer is taking much longer to find a match than survivor. East Coast, same times.

    East Coast NA? Because I'm not having that problem between 9pm-3am est. My survivor games are about a 5 minute wait and killer games are less than a minute.

  • @Facture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318490#Comment_2318490

    East Coast NA? Because I'm not having that problem between 9pm-3am est. My survivor games are about a 5 minute wait and killer games are less than a minute.

    Yeah East Coast NA. 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Survivor is about 5 to 10 minutes. Killer is probably around 1 minute.

  • I didn't leave I just started playing trapper instead. its my new calling I suppose

  • Just a thought on the points that you said were problematic to survivors:

    Tinkerer: Countered by Spine Chill, and the fact that when you know they have Tinkerer you just get it to 75% and then leave it to pressure another gen.

    PGTW: Countered by Repressed Alliance and/or ensuring the killer never gets a hook in the first place if you're good enough with flashlights/flashbangs.

    Totems: Maps, Detective's Hunch, Small Game, Counterforce, if playing SWF just telling everyone to do a totem the moment they see it.

  • "SWF is fair and balanced"

    "Trickster and Clown are unfair"

    Okay so our options are, biased/ignorant survivor, inexperienced/low skill player, or bait.

    These claims are kinda out there. Trickster and Clown are some of the weakest killers in the game and SWF gives a very large advantage at the cost of nothing (perk slots ect.), equivalent to having most if not all the info perks in the game on everyone at once in addition to the 16 perks the team has.


    On the que time talk, my killer ques are generally very quick and my survivor ques take ages, its been that way for a long while now.

    There are a lot of issues with the game being unplayable right now, so que times are going to get affected.

  • Nah, solo survivor is the easiest it's ever been. If anything we are losing more killers lately. I have a constant abundance of high rank teammates but rarely do I see killers on par I know personally just the bugs have pushed me off killer until we get better patches.

  • @Wavy said:

    Survivor mains are starting to leave the game. This is because of the all strong killers and strong meta perks out there like Corrupt Intervention, Ruin + Undying, Tinkerer, Discordance, Bamboozle, Pop Goes The Weasel and more.

    As for the killers people leave the game because of Blight, Nurse, Spirit, Huntress, Deathslinger and Hag ( basically all strong and unfair killers).

    You can counter survivor meta EXTREMELY EASY. For example:

    Borrowed Time; Go for the unhooker

    Decisive Strike; Dont tunnel

    Unbreakable; Dont Slug

    Dead Hard; Bait it.

    Killer meta perks on the other hand are harder to counter.

    You cant counter Tinkerer, you cant counter Pop Goes The Weasel, you can counter Ruin + Undying but it takes so much time. You can counter NOED but it takes so much time, you cant counter bamboozle.

    As you can see there are a lot of survivor perks that can be countered so easily. but you cant counter most of the killer perks. Survivors are running out of resources and some survivor perks are nerfed already (Decisive Strike, Borrowed time etc.) These are the reasons why survivors are starting to leave the game. And honestly, I hope they focus on the survivors instead of the killers. Because killer perks are starting to get strong and killers are becoming so unfun and boring to play against (Especially Deathslinger). So yeah i hope they do something about this.

    Tinkerer- keep your eyes open.

    Pop- don't repair gens until killer has lookedit after hooking survivor.

    Bamboozle- if killer vaults. Leave the loop if you can't run him for 15 seconds. Cow tree is easy loop to spend more than 15 seconds without dropping pallet and bamboozle is gone

    Ruin + Undying- Cleanse totems.

    Corrupt- you should go for middle gens first so it's no matter if killer uses it or not.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261774/survivors-are-leaving-the-game

    In case you are serious about this and not just joking with Discordance being problematic....

    I want to ask, when did BT got nerfed? It got massive buff not that long ago unless I am missing something?

    It didn't. Lol.

    It still activates regardless

  • This game isn't grossly unbalanced as you make it seem. In my Opinion.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    meanwhile survivor ques are 20 minutes and killer ques are 20 seconds.

    For me Morning=Instant survivor game

    Night=Instant killer game

  • @Wavy said:

    this forum is full of killer mains lol.

    Like 90% of people here want a Spirit nerf.

  • The only killer perk and killer in need of significant changes that would be a nerf are NOED and Spirit

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    The only killer perk and killer in need of significant changes that would be a nerf are NOED and Spirit

    Spirit might not be too significant as its just a small something to give her counterplay while keeping her power the same

  • Killer meta perks can be countered only by doing the gens as fast as possible. There is a fraction of killer perks and abilities that just erase half of the game there used to be. I wouldn't say survivors are leaving but I can see it happening if killers decide to all at once just use the strong 1v1 killers and camp hooks for kill confirmations. This killer play style is the most threatening to Dbd survival imo.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    The only killer perk and killer in need of significant changes that would be a nerf are NOED and Spirit

    NoED is fine, the only people who hate it are Survivors who want to rush gens with 0 punishment.

    It's a perk you can, LITERALLY, cancel before it ever activates, and yet Survivors are too lazy to even do that.

  • @Piruluk said:

    The game still heavily survivor sided.

    It very much is. But solo survivor is still in a bad state, just like killer. So many people complains about both sides, and they are mostly right.

    But I don't think people are leaving the game though.

  • Someone, please, @ a moderator to close this rancid bait.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318334#Comment_2318334

    Idk where your playing at but those times are not accurate for me. Survivor 30 seconds or less, killer 20 minutes. I'm east coast and only play between the hours of 5pm - 11pm and it's been like this for idk roughly 2 weeks maybe 3. Oh I know maybe it's because the game is broke? It's broke for killer too but you need less killers then survivors.

    what rank are you, im rank 1 both sides and survivor is 5-10 min wait time, killer is insta pop, in US east coast and only play at night post 7 pm

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319472#Comment_2319472

    NoED is fine, the only people who hate it are Survivors who want to rush gens with 0 punishment.

    It's a perk you can, LITERALLY, cancel before it ever activates, and yet Survivors are too lazy to even do that.

    I know it's not that strong and an unhealthy design another reason it should be changed.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319660#Comment_2319660

    I know it's not that strong and an unhealthy design another reason it should be changed.

    The whole point of NoED is the threat it has. Risk vs reward:

    Do you genrush, and risk being killed in the endgame via NoED? Well, it paid off; the Killer did not bring it!

    Do you go looking for totems, which delays leaving, and raises your chances of being seen? Well dang; Killer did not bring it! All that work for nothing.

    Or maybe you went looking, and shut down his endgame perk! Well, your risk paid off!


    That is the point of NoED. Remove or change it, and Survivors can slam gens with no threat of reprisal in the endgame.

  • You posted the answer yourself

    Killer meta perks on the other hand are harder to counter.

    Killer meta PERKS

    You cant counter Tinkerer, you cant counter Pop Goes The Weasel, you can counter Ruin + Undying but it takes so much time. You can counter NOED but it takes so much time, you cant counter bamboozle.

    Hm - So the killers are running perks popular with the meta?

    Why not run perks that would counter these perks instead of running the same perks every game?

    You can counter Tinkerer - Be aware of your surroundings and don't get snuck up on - Yes the killer patrols gens easier with it but a lot of perks give detection to gens being worked on - The solution is to make sure you're working on a gen far away or just do luck of the draw and have two survivors working on a gen at once to split the killers attention - If you see a survivor working on a generator be aware of their position and work on a generator farther away and try to keep the same % so both gens proc Tinkerer at once forcing the killer to choose which gen to take. If not just wait for the killer to chase the survivor off the other gen and finish it yourself. - This is a teamwork oriented issue

    Pop Goes The Weasel can be countered with several perks survivors have it just means you have to run different perks - That or ensure the survivor goes down far away from a gen that's being worked on - This is a teamwork oriented issue

    Countering Ruin + Undying is easy and takes two perks off the killers roster permanently for the trial - This is a teamwork oriented issue

    For Bamboozle just be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to not re-use the same window twice in a row - That's really all this is telling me - Either you put yourself in a bad spot or you don't know how to chain different windows together. - This is a you issue on being able to run the killer

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319675#Comment_2319675

    The whole point of NoED is the threat it has. Risk vs reward:

    Do you genrush, and risk being killed in the endgame via NoED? Well, it paid off; the Killer did not bring it!

    Do you go looking for totems, which delays leaving, and raises your chances of being seen? Well dang; Killer did not bring it! All that work for nothing.

    Or maybe you went looking, and shut down his endgame perk! Well, your risk paid off!

    That is the point of NoED. Remove or change it, and Survivors can slam gens with no threat of reprisal in the endgame.

    But, it's also can reward a killer for playing poorly and can excuse them for mistakes. Like DH. It might be weak but it is still an unhealthy design like Insidious. And there shouldn't be perks with this unhealthy design in mind. And no perk or power should at the end of the day come down to a lucky guess.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319692#Comment_2319692

    But, it's also can reward a killer for playing poorly and can excuse them for mistakes. Like DH. It might be weak but it is still an unhealthy design like Insidious. And there shouldn't be perks with this unhealthy design in mind. And no perk should at the end of the day come down to a guess.

    90% of Survivor meta perks reward bad play; Adrenalin, Dead Hard, D. Strike; these reward a Survivor for being found and hit or downed.

    Yet it's not okay for Killers to have ONE perk that activates in the end game? A perk Survivors can turn off?

    I think by 'unhealthy' you mean 'I don't want to do bones; let me genrush in peace'.

1 2 3