I camp and tunnel every game I feel like I'm about to lose.

"Apply pressure" I should.

"Just defend the gens" I will.

"You should play better" I am.

image.png


Comments

  • You must be a really bad player.

  • @aroell said:

    You must be a really bad player.

    No I just like winning, if you can't handle these playstyles then get out of reds.

    Oh wait you already are.

  • good for you i guess

  • I am 100% terrible as killer. What I do is just let them win. I play doctor and just shock them. I still get tons of points. I do not care if I win. That's just me though.

  • Attention seeking much?

  • Play how you want. Not sure what reaction you are after.

    And if you ever play survivor, well these tactics are not a surprise.

    If you are having fun, then sounds like it works for you.

  • @Gaffy said:

    "Apply pressure" I should.

    "Just defend the gens" I will.

    "You should play better" I am.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3XEF6UHWLZ0W/image.png

    But when you do all 3 of those things you are a sweat hard player lol

  • I see nothing wrong with this

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2303336#Comment_2303336

    No I just like winning, if you can't handle these playstyles then get out of reds.

    Oh wait you already are.

    Yeah, thanks to people like you

  • @LylakLavender said:

    I am 100% terrible as killer. What I do is just let them win. I play doctor and just shock them. I still get tons of points. I do not care if I win. That's just me though.

    I'm very similar in my playstyle!

    I put on Distressing and work on maxing the Deviousness of whichever killer I'm running (usually Doc, Spirit, or Blight). Outside of dailies/challenges, I'm too lazy and/or laid back to play to win, it's often just too stressful, especially with the terrible matchmaking. I'm not great at killer, and survivors complain constantly about being tunneled and camped so I figure they must love the chance to do their objective with minimal interference.

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2303336#Comment_2303336

    No I just like winning, if you can't handle these playstyles then get out of reds.

    Oh wait you already are.

    Edit it to ,,Get out of yellow ranks".

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Okay?

    Here's a medal 🏆!

    Congratulations on being no fun to play against ig?

    Okay so now it's terrible to let people win? My god there is just no winning on this message board. Why make the game stressful more than what it is. Everyone acts so high and mighty. It's suppose to be fun. I still chase them I just don't kill them. I don't want an award I was just saying how I play as killer since I suck. Not everyone cares about being a douche killer.

  • I have already gotten out of the yellows, long time ago actually. Maybe you should get out and touch some grass?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Okay?

    Here's a medal 🏆!

    Congratulations on being no fun to play against ig?

    Okay so now its terrible and boring if you let people win? My god there is just no winning on this board. I don't want a medal. I am just saying how I play as a killer. The game is suppose to be fun not stressful. Not everyone wants to be a mean killer. I still chase I just don't kill.

  • I just tunnel and camp every game. 5 gens, 1 gen, what’s the difference?

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2303336#Comment_2303336

    No I just like winning, if you can't handle these playstyles then get out of reds.

    Oh wait you already are.

    If you have to resort to camping and tunneling every game, you don’t belong in red ranks.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2303344#Comment_2303344

    If you have to resort to camping and tunneling every game, you don’t belong in red ranks.

    Uh huh, why is that exactly. Because they are noob strats? Why does it get me results every time I do it then?

  • @Yords said:

    Attention seeking much?

    That was probably the point of making the thread if you think about it.

  • @Gaffy said:

    "Apply pressure" I should.

    "Just defend the gens" I will.

    "You should play better" I am.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3XEF6UHWLZ0W/image.png

    You do what you must to win. You can't always just be super nice.

  • Nothing wrong with camping and tunneling reactively. They're strategies and they have uses. I'm :/ at killers who use them straight out of the gate because while it's totally legal to do, it ensures the whole game is very boring, and doing it that early on completely prevents at least one survivor from playing. Won't yell at them in chat, but will yell at them in my head. But somebody who's camping/tunneling to reclaim a game that they're losing? They're just playing smart. Why wouldn't they when they need pressure on multiple players at once, or need someone removed from the game ASAP?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2303432#Comment_2303432

    What?

    What gave you the impression I was talking about you; I didn't quote your comment nor @ you.

    I was responding to OP, not you.

    Oh. Sorry my bad.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Nothing wrong with camping and tunneling reactively. They're strategies and they have uses. I'm :/ at killers who use them straight out of the gate because while it's totally legal to do, it ensures the whole game is very boring, and doing it that early on completely prevents at least one survivor from playing. Won't yell at them in chat, but will yell at them in my head. But somebody who's camping/tunneling to reclaim a game that they're losing? They're just playing smart. Why wouldn't they when they need pressure on multiple players at once, or need someone removed from the game ASAP?

    That's also where I draw the line. I defend camping and tunneling but only near the end of the match. Doing it at the beginning isn't nice since you're ######### over that survivor who might have made a mistake then never gets a chance to play again. If 2 gens are left, everyone's ass is free real estate xD

  • You give killers a bad name. I play both survivors and killers, and I've run into my fair share of face campers right when they get their 1st hook. What's equally lame is survivors STILL trying to save the hooked person even when they absolutely know they are being face camped.

    I'm guessing they are doing it for bloodpoints and will use the hooked survivor to farm with, which is lame as well but that's another discussion.

    When I'm being faced camped Im just gonna kill myself.

  • Black ranks to those that camp and tunnel. Black ranks to those that farm hooks instantly as well. Have fun with each other you were made for one another.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    You give killers a bad name. I play both survivors and killers, and I've run into my fair share of face campers right when they get their 1st hook. What's equally lame is survivors STILL trying to save the hooked person even when they absolutely know they are being face camped.

    I'm guessing they are doing it for bloodpoints and will use the hooked survivor to farm with, which is lame as well but that's another discussion.

    When I'm being faced camped Im just gonna kill myself.

    Killing yourself is the worst thing you can do in a camping situation? You're letting the killer go and torment someone else after 15 seconds when you could have made them waste 120 seconds. Everyone can escape a camping killer by doing gens and ignoring the hooked survivor; they can't do that if the killer isn't being held hostage.

    People trying to save you most likely just don't want to let the killer get away with it. They might be trying to hook trade or rescue you with BT.

  • I only really camp a hook now if the person was running Object of Obsession. I’ll intentionally throw the match just for fun, and if they message me about it afterwards I just say “BUT I THOUGHT YOU LIKED MEEEEE!!!” I don’t know why but it amuses me.

  • SDE trolls looking for reactions/arguments.

  • @Gaffy said:

    "Apply pressure" I should.

    "Just defend the gens" I will.

    "You should play better" I am.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3XEF6UHWLZ0W/image.png

    Yeah that’s pretty much the killer main standard. Are we supposed to be in awe of surprised?

  • A yellow rank found the forums

  • Wait, so you're playing smart?

    Based.

  • Don't care, didn't ask.

  • @Gaffy said:

    "Apply pressure" I should.

    "Just defend the gens" I will.

    "You should play better" I am.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3XEF6UHWLZ0W/image.png

    I'm Assuming you get a ton of salt and you are sick of it. Best bet.. Turn off any comms with people who are not on your friends list.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260479/i-camp-and-tunnel-every-game-i-feel-like-im-about-to-lose

    Yeah that’s pretty much the killer main standard. Are we supposed to be in awe of surprised?

    Yes because I don't follow your made up rules that give you easy wins because the killer balanced their hooks around "survivor fun".

  • As a Killer Main I disagree completely with that strategy but each to their own, What ever works best for you I guess.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260479/i-camp-and-tunnel-every-game-i-feel-like-im-about-to-lose

    I'm Assuming you get a ton of salt and you are sick of it. Best bet.. Turn off any comms with people who are not on your friends list.

    I laugh my ass off at people who still get mad at this game. People who leave comments on my profile just add to a hall of fame of who is the most entitled and pretentious.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    A yellow rank found the forums

    Rank 1 actually my dude, and it isn't only yellows who do this.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Wait, so you're playing smart?

    Based.

    Based enough to not follow rules that didn't exist in the first place, absolutely correct.

  • Okay? I'm happy for you.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    Okay? I'm happy for you.

    Thanks, just stating that I don't care about rules that didn't exist or didn't need to follow in the first place.

  • @Jasix said:

    SDE trolls looking for reactions/arguments.

    So just like every bait surv post calling killers op and any who tunnels the next bad mustache man?

  • @PsychoTron said:

    You give killers a bad name. I play both survivors and killers, and I've run into my fair share of face campers right when they get their 1st hook. What's equally lame is survivors STILL trying to save the hooked person even when they absolutely know they are being face camped.

    I'm guessing they are doing it for bloodpoints and will use the hooked survivor to farm with, which is lame as well but that's another discussion.

    When I'm being faced camped Im just gonna kill myself.

    The second you needed to mention playing both sides I stopped reading, you shouldn't need to mention that in an argument.

  • you Literally called yourself out at being bad 😭😂😂

  • I personally don't enjoy this play style, but then again I just bop about in the red ranks, and don't sit at rank one.

    My question is really about "deserving" rank one? Isn't being at rank one a pretty much undeniable justification for such behavior? I mean the game is designed in such a way that this behavior has a profit rewarded for this person.

    Perhaps the villain here isn't the person who wishes to expound how great he embraces the current state as is, but instead the system that rewards behavior that others find distasteful? It seems to me that if people want this behavior to stop the game needs to stop rewarding it.

  • @Gaffy said:

    "Apply pressure" I should.

    "Just defend the gens" I will.

    "You should play better" I am.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3XEF6UHWLZ0W/image.png

    Make sure to beat them like a pinata and show dominance😂

  • AC680CC5-844C-42F0-B023-1437AB577DA3.png

    The steady stream of salt on my profile, when I have endgame chat disabled half the time, says otherwise.

    Never had a killer cry on my profile I but I’m almost to like 350 -reps from wrecking survivors in this game.

  • @Neverborn said:

    I personally don't enjoy this play style, but then again I just bop about in the red ranks, and don't sit at rank one.

    My question is really about "deserving" rank one? Isn't being at rank one a pretty much undeniable justification for such behavior? I mean the game is designed in such a way that this behavior has a profit rewarded for this person.

    Perhaps the villain here isn't the person who wishes to expound how great he embraces the current state as is, but instead the system that rewards behavior that others find distasteful? It seems to me that if people want this behavior to stop the game needs to stop rewarding it.

    Here's the problem: players adapt to do what they've learned is required to win. So, you're sorta right, the game's design encourages unfun playstyles, but it's not that this behavior exists and the game rewards it: it's that the game is designed in such a way that this is what many people have learned is required to win.

    The difference is we're not just talking about rewarding someone with fewer points for an unfun playstyle, we're talking about fundamentally changing the game so that both sides can have fun as they play to win.

    No, not everyone who wins tunnels and camps, but also people who tunnel and camp wouldn't do it if it didn't result in wins. And from what I've read on these forums a lot of people tunnel and camp because they feel forced into it, not because they enjoy it.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304008#Comment_2304008

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C6MQC1I5RIPJ/ac680cc5-844c-42f0-b023-1437ab577da3.png

    The steady stream of salt on my profile, when I have endgame chat disabled half the time, says otherwise.

    Never had a killer cry on my profile I but I’m almost to like 350 -reps from wrecking survivors in this game.

    this is why i wish we had cross progression and i could switch over from windows store to steam right there.

  • @Gaffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2303452#Comment_2303452

    Uh huh, why is that exactly. Because they are noob strats? Why does it get me results every time I do it then?

    Because it's the 'I win' button of this game - they are noob strats because they are simple and work for every casual regardless of actual skill.

‹ 1 2