Survivor morale is bad low

After returning from a week break and playing a few matches today, killers are sweating so bad survivors are killing themselves on hook, disconnecting, and its a bloody mess. Not sure how much longer I can play today witnessing this kind of carnage and lack of fairness.

When spectating, survivors are simply going down too fast. Numerous times survivors are damaged through downed pallets, through windows. Its too easy for survivors to go down and with so many slowdown perks, 1-shot perks, its really bad.

I'm playing Jill and these perks are not that inspiring. Blast Mine and Leon's perk is really the only fun perks but they don't help win the game like the oppressive killer perks.

Killers are still playing meta killers with broken loadouts and expecting a 4K every match. Nemesis with meta perks. The last match had broken Tinkerer. I lost it. The developers need to fix this, balance for a 2K for casual matches, reward the killer for playing a fair match so they don't feel like the earth stopped spinning when its a 3K or less. Killers are slugging everyone at 5 gens.

Maybe re-buff toolboxes. It's too difficult to get survivor objectives done with so many slowdown perks. Add in some more pallets. Remove deadzones, there needs to be more perks to help dodge a hit. Now we have another killer, namely the Nemesis that can hit through obstacles. Too many killers such as the Huntress that denies pallets and windows. Survivors have no options to defend against such killers.

Comments

  • I have to agree solo survivor is in the worst state that I ever seen since I started playing this game. Not only that survivors perk keep getting nerfed. And some killer only users want even weak perks nerfed it's getting silly what some individuals are saying.

  • The first line I agree with wholeheartedly, as well as killers being rather... sweaty, recently. But survivors have been too so eh everyone suffers.

    The rest, not so much.

  • Not sure if anyone has told you this Sluzzy, but survivors have always been killing themselves on hook and disconnecting from matches. There isn't really a reason for them to do it more often at the moment.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    After returning from a week break and playing a few matches today, killers are sweating so bad survivors are killing themselves on hook, disconnecting, and its a bloody mess. Not sure how much longer I can play today witnessing this kind of carnage and lack of fairness.

    When spectating, survivors are simply going down too fast. Numerous times survivors are damaged through downed pallets, through windows. Its too easy for survivors to go down and with so many slowdown perks, 1-shot perks, its really bad.

    I'm playing Jill and these perks are not that inspiring. Blast Mine and Leon's perk is really the only fun perks but they don't help win the game like the oppressive killer perks.

    Killers are still playing meta killers with broken loadouts and expecting a 4K every match. Nemesis with meta perks. The last match had broken Tinkerer. I lost it. The developers need to fix this, balance for a 2K for casual matches, reward the killer for playing a fair match so they don't feel like the earth stopped spinning when its a 3K or less. Killers are slugging everyone at 5 gens.

    Maybe re-buff toolboxes. It's too difficult to get survivor objectives done with so many slowdown perks. Add in some more pallets. Remove deadzones, there needs to be more perks to help dodge a hit. Now we have another killer, namely the Nemesis that can hit through obstacles. Too many killers such as the Huntress that denies pallets and windows. Survivors have no options to defend against such killers.

    Out of everything you mentioned the only thing I agree with is the deadzones need to be addressed, some maps are god awful about spawning a couple of junk tiles and unsafe pallets.

  • Literally the only accurate thing in that mess of text is that solo queue is horrendous right now.

  • You know you actually bring up some fair points. If you put it into better words I’m sure some people would actually agree with you.

  • SWF ruins everything.

  • No this is a person who plays solo survivor for the most part. I assume the reason why solo survivor is horrible now is it's because a bunch of RE players ranked up quickly. The ranks are the most muddled I seen, I'm getting ranked up with greens and even lower we been getting placed vs rank 1 sweaty killers. And of course they go down in 5 seconds. No kidding I lost all my matches today as a survivor. It's been bad for solos out there lately.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288721#Comment_2288721

    No this is a person who plays solo survivor for the most part. I assume the reason why solo survivor is horrible now is it's because a bunch of RE players ranked up quickly. The ranks are the most muddled I seen, I'm getting ranked up with greens and even lower we been getting placed vs rank 1 sweaty killers. And of course they go down in 5 seconds. No kidding I lost all my matches today as a survivor. It's been bad for solos out there lately.

    Yep can confirm after having Two solo games that ended in about 3 minutes killers seem to be going all out right now

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288721#Comment_2288721

    No this is a person who plays solo survivor for the most part. I assume the reason why solo survivor is horrible now is it's because a bunch of RE players ranked up quickly. The ranks are the most muddled I seen, I'm getting ranked up with greens and even lower we been getting placed vs rank 1 sweaty killers. And of course they go down in 5 seconds. No kidding I lost all my matches today as a survivor. It's been bad for solos out there lately.

    what platform

  • Finally encountering some merciless monsters. Solo que is the most fun it has been in a while.

  • Killers only use meta perks? What do survivors use instead? Ace in the hole and Alert?

    Too many anti-loop killers? Let's give Nemesis a flower launcher😊, or maybe a magical teleport braceler taken directly from re3?🤔

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288743#Comment_2288743

    Yep can confirm after having Two solo games that ended in about 3 minutes killers seem to be going all out right now

    Saturday is usually when most killer tend to play sweaty from my experience. And I get that some survivors squads play real sweaty as well. I gone up against them. But it get annoying to lose as survivors no stop since it's not really my fault, I have to depend on random people. It's that I'm getting placed with low rank unexperienced users, it's the wave of RE fans who should not be placed with people of my level. They really need to fix their match making it's bad for solo survivors.

  • heres a magic trick

    image.png

    see this here, just press this button and most of your problems should disappear

    when it looks like this your succeeded in pressing the button

    image.png

    suddenly better players (not that much better but better is better)

    plus other benefits

  • I don't know... I play mostly Survivor and I'm having a lot of fun.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288775#Comment_2288775

    heres a magic trick

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2WL1C4PISBQ9/image.png

    see this here, just press this button and most of your problems should disappear

    when it looks like this your succeeded in pressing the button

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MU6DAWHYAA8I/image.png

    suddenly better players (not that much better but better is better)

    plus other benefits

    Wait your saying... console users play worse than pc users? 🤣

  • @Phasmamain said:

    You know you actually bring up some fair points. If you put it into better words I’m sure some people would actually agree with you.

    So it would seem. Unfortunately, the "survivor main" thingy makes it...difficult.

  • @scenekiller said:

    Literally the only accurate thing in that mess of text is that solo queue is horrendous right now.

    Survivors are weak.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288822#Comment_2288822

    Wait your saying... console users play worse than pc users? 🤣

    Pc killers certainly have better control schemes so you can actually face the killer not have the 1v1v4 where the killer is both facing the survivors and the control scheme itself, netcode for pc to pc connection is better so less hits through windows and pallets on good ping and especially if the killer has good ping, and other benefits which may or may not include players who on average are better than the average console player (this is due to a culmination of many factors but is still a bell curve so its not always true)

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

    I've enjoyed survivor play more than ever lately, either solo or with SWF. Your "morale" might be low, but mine isn't. The only thing that's been morale-busting for me is the latest batch of bugs/issues with the game, but that affects all players.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288775#Comment_2288775

    heres a magic trick

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2WL1C4PISBQ9/image.png

    see this here, just press this button and most of your problems should disappear

    when it looks like this your succeeded in pressing the button

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MU6DAWHYAA8I/image.png

    suddenly better players (not that much better but better is better)

    plus other benefits

    IIRC, this means you only get paired with people that have it turned off rather than only PC players, which is a lot smaller population to work with. Which means longer queues.

  • The best point you made here is that many killers aren’t happy with 2k, when it’s a very good outcome, especially at higher ranks.

  • Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but you as a survivor is weak the rest are doing very well 😉

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259186/survivor-morale-is-bad-low

    Sluzzy stop using self care and other rank 30 perks and you might get better.

    Yup sluzzy is trololololol I know

    Sluzzy is old player lol

    And she is Nurse main, i am sure she knows game well

  • @Somna said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288822#Comment_2288822

    IIRC, this means you only get paired with people that have it turned off rather than only PC players, which is a lot smaller population to work with. Which means longer queues.

    mathematically they are the same queues

    cross off survivors go against cross off killers

    if there are more cross off killers survivor queues go down

    if there are more cross off survivors killer queues go down

    same as live

    there is no difference in queue times only difference in how the balance shifts between the size of the two groups

    smaller population ≠ longer queues, it just means more shifting

    also survivor queues right now are a minute so

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    The best point you made here is that many killers aren’t happy with 2k, when it’s a very good outcome, especially at higher ranks.

    2K is not gives pip, blame devs

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288854#Comment_2288854

    Sluzzy is old player lol

    And she is Nurse main, i am sure she knows game well

    I know I don't take her seriously

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288888#Comment_2288888

    Why settle for less when you can have more? 😉

    Btw I haven't read his/her/it's story as I know sluzzy is only trolling here.

    But unfortunately many take it to seriously

    I’m not saying to settle for less, but to have a fit after getting two kills is silly

  • Yeah. She is playing with 4K machine (Nurse) and she is trolling survivor mains there.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288944#Comment_2288944

    Yeah. She is playing with 4K machine (Nurse) and she is trolling survivor mains there.

    Nah nurse is fine, once you know what to do against her and learn the players patterns you can survive.

    You have to work hard for it but it's not that terrible

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    The first line I agree with wholeheartedly, as well as killers being rather... sweaty, recently. But survivors have been too so eh everyone suffers.

    The rest, not so much.

    I'm taking bets as he'll complain about Billy next week,

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288953#Comment_2288953

    Nah nurse is fine, once you know what to do against her and learn the players patterns you can survive.

    You have to work hard for it but it's not that terrible

    I am not bad againts Nurses lol

    I meant Nurse is strongest killer and good Nurse can take 90% of time. And actually i love play againts Nurses, they are gives me different gameplay

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288872#Comment_2288872

    Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but you as a survivor is weak the rest are doing very well 😉

    Judging from personal experience in solo q not really.

  • I typically accept most buffs to Killers due to how stressful matches are, but I've been playing Survivor every day since the update and yeah, I've faced so many tunnelers/campers that it's getting to the point where it's unfun. I willingly suicide on hook the moment I see someone tunnel/camp. Don't know what this update did to trigger it in Killers, but it's rough.

  • @Bluebird said:

    I typically accept most buffs to Killers due to how stressful matches are, but I've been playing Survivor every day since the update and yeah, I've faced so many tunnelers/campers that it's getting to the point where it's unfun. I willingly suicide on hook the moment I see someone tunnel/camp. Don't know what this update did to trigger it in Killers, but it's rough.

    Killers are tunnelling and camping for reason.

    On high ranks generators are so fast and if you are not playing with top killer, you can lose 3 gens so early with 1 or 2 hooks. If survivors gives sweaty games to killers, killers have to do that.

  • No, survivors are just overall bad at playing survivor. When almost every rad rank player either fails to loop the killer for any reasonable time or just gives up when upset, it's no wonder the solo experince is bad.

    What survivors need is to improve at playing, better matchmaking so that bad survivors stay in the middle of ranks and solo que buffs that would improve the information compared to SWF.

    More second chances to win the game for you when you fail will just cause that more bad players get to high ranks, thinning the layer of good survivors even more.

  • I've noticed literally no difference other than the fact that I was given a hatch last night. That's it. Same amount of moris, tunneling and camping as always. Solo and swf if that makes a difference.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288969#Comment_2288969

    Killers are tunnelling and camping for reason.

    On high ranks generators are so fast and if you are not playing with top killer, you can lose 3 gens so early with 1 or 2 hooks. If survivors gives sweaty games to killers, killers have to do that.

    Oh, don't get me wrong, I play Killer and Survivor (Survivor more than Killer, but I play both nonetheless). Regression/Slowdown perks are completely mandatory so I get WHY they're tunneling/camping, doesn't make it fun for Survivors. I typically, if I see Ruin, leave it up until either 2 gens were completed, or after at least 2/3 hooks have been made (depends on the speed of the hooks) because I know how painful it is to have your strongest perk negated at the start of the match.

  • @Bluebird said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288972#Comment_2288972

    Oh, don't get me wrong, I play Killer and Survivor (Survivor more than Killer, but I play both nonetheless). Regression/Slowdown perks are completely mandatory so I get WHY they're tunneling/camping, doesn't make it fun for Survivors. I typically, if I see Ruin, leave it up until either 2 gens were completed, or after at least 2/3 hooks have been made (depends on the speed of the hooks) because I know how painful it is to have your strongest perk negated at the start of the match.

    That's very nice of you but you don't have to go that far, I mean I'd be pretty happy with you if you left my ruin alone as killer, less so if you were my teammate 😅

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288985#Comment_2288985

    That's very nice of you but you don't have to go that far, I mean I'd be pretty happy with you if you left my ruin alone as killer, less so if you were my teammate 😅

    It depends on how I see the situation.

    Devour? I hunt that [REDACTED] down immediately.

    Ruin / Undying? I'll cleanse one, leave the other one up until I feel the Killer's got their worth (or if my team's being constantly rushed off gens).

    Huntress' Lullaby? I'll cleanse it if my team's blowing up gens left and right.

    Crowd Control? Leave it up permanently, not a hindrance if you know how to chain loops. (It's a freebie for my Soul Guard)

    Retribution? Punishes for cleansing anyway, just leave it up.

    NOED? If I see it I'll cleanse it, but if NOED's in play, I bail as soon as possible.

    Third Seal? Cleanse that immediately. I have to see my Blood Pact partner (and hooked people).

    Blood Favour? Just don't get hit and the Killer never gets to use it.

    Haunted Ground? I NEVER cleanse unless I know another Hex Perk is in play, even then I bite my tongue if I see more than 2.


    All of this is nullified if the Killer's Pyramid Head though, as long as they're nice to me.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288892#Comment_2288892

    Judging from personal experience in solo q not really.

    I'm taking the piss with him mate.

    You might not have met the likes of me there yet then, I can hold my own without items, without perks or with a no mither build without iron will.

    And I have met several others as well

  • This right here is why Killers aren't satisfied with a 2k. 0k should be no pip, 1k a safety, 2k a single pip, 3/4k a double. Then I'd be much more satisfied with getting 2k's in a match.

  • @Bluebird said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288927#Comment_2288927

    This right here is why Killers aren't satisfied with a 2k. 0k should be no pip, 1k a safety, 2k a single pip, 3/4k a double. Then I'd be much more satisfied with getting 2k's in a match.

    Tunneling becoming pip machine.

    Without hook count system, why should Killer 10hook / 2K when they can 6hook / 2K. Like, they even tunnel 1 to death, then get another one with Noed then camp for 2K / 4hook.

  • The problems you describe are what makes gameplay seem unfair. It's not the perks it's the fact you have the Solo Q potatoes who do stuff like suicide and DC. And just don't care.

  • The thing I love about Sluzzy, is that even bad teammates and DCs are fault of the killers xD

  • I know it's bait, but solo has been pretty damn awful lately.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    After returning from a week break and playing a few matches today, killers are sweating so bad survivors are killing themselves on hook, disconnecting, and its a bloody mess. Not sure how much longer I can play today witnessing this kind of carnage and lack of fairness.

    When spectating, survivors are simply going down too fast. Numerous times survivors are damaged through downed pallets, through windows. Its too easy for survivors to go down and with so many slowdown perks, 1-shot perks, its really bad.

    I'm playing Jill and these perks are not that inspiring. Blast Mine and Leon's perk is really the only fun perks but they don't help win the game like the oppressive killer perks.

    Killers are still playing meta killers with broken loadouts and expecting a 4K every match. Nemesis with meta perks. The last match had broken Tinkerer. I lost it. The developers need to fix this, balance for a 2K for casual matches, reward the killer for playing a fair match so they don't feel like the earth stopped spinning when its a 3K or less. Killers are slugging everyone at 5 gens.

    Maybe re-buff toolboxes. It's too difficult to get survivor objectives done with so many slowdown perks. Add in some more pallets. Remove deadzones, there needs to be more perks to help dodge a hit. Now we have another killer, namely the Nemesis that can hit through obstacles. Too many killers such as the Huntress that denies pallets and windows. Survivors have no options to defend against such killers.

    Ahhhhhh? Gen speeds are so fast every chase I get into cost me a gen or two ,if not the whole game survivors are already boosted,and you don't need to win every chase as a survivors you have two hook states and two health states.

  • This game isn't tilted to either side. Like everyone makes it out to be.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2288775#Comment_2288775

    heres a magic trick

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2WL1C4PISBQ9/image.png

    see this here, just press this button and most of your problems should disappear

    when it looks like this your succeeded in pressing the button

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MU6DAWHYAA8I/image.png

    suddenly better players (not that much better but better is better)

    plus other benefits

    In my case:

    • 5 dodging Killers before the match even starts
    • A lot of dodging Survivors because the lack of players means people play with another all the time, meaning if they don't like someone, they'll dodge.
    • Cheating Neas
    • Farming teams, leaving you as a standalone BP farming cow.

    I tried crossplay off many times as well, it's horrendous.

‹ 1 2