Not feedback, discussion. Should player stats be linked to the forums?

Basically you can now link your profile to the forums, in doing so your basic stats such as time played, rank average and survivor:killer % can be seen. Other stats could be included.

Basically the idea is to have forum posts etc. More understanding and clear, is this person new and has stuff to learn? Are they a vet player? Do they play this side etc.? Which would provide alot of info about said person.

Basically sorting fake/bait posts, separating experiencd from new so we get an understanding of who's struggling where etc. Signed up players get a small bonus monthly as well as completing surveys with the linked account gives extra bonuses.

Reward those who contribute to feedback without hiding behind false statements like "I'm a killer main and it's to easy" "I'm a killer main and swf is balanced" etc.

Thoughts?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Personally I'd like to link mine, I always do the surveys and I'd like the devs to know who is actually giving them the information. And I'd also like forum members to also see my stats to remove doubts etc. And when listening to advice they know I'm experienced etc.

    Oh and rewards are nice

  • That would be rad, being able to link your BHVR account to your forums account so you can flex your stats. I want that.

  • @glitchboi said:

    That would be rad, being able to link your BHVR account to your forums account so you can flex your stats. I want that.

    Flex all you want lol, at least the stats would show facts as well as help the devs gain more data from linked players

  • I know not what you are asking for - but - myself and a bunch of friends use this site to look at one another's stats: https://dbd.onteh.net.au/

  • If it means I'd finally get to see my own stats on console then I'm all in.

  • Nah. I'd rather not give people a new excuse for dismissing comments/users they don't like. This would just drive up the elitism.

  • @Orion said:

    Nah. I'd rather not give people a new excuse for dismissing comments/users they don't like. This would just drive up the elitism.

    It's not to dismiss people, but having new players talk about balance I feel the devs should know they're new players even if we cant. People will always be rude to others as that's just how it is but showing stats alongside their experiences would help for a better understanding

  • @Lx_malice said:

    If it means I'd finally get to see my own stats on console then I'm all in.

    Go to PlayStation wrap up if you're on PlayStation

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236048#Comment_2236048

    It's not to dismiss people, but having new players talk about balance I feel the devs should know they're new players even if we cant. People will always be rude to others as that's just how it is but showing stats alongside their experiences would help for a better understanding

    Feedback from new players is important as well, if you want player retention. Furthermore, it's blatantly obvious when someone only recently started playing (often they'll literally tell you that themselves).

    There is no reason why experience should be tied to opinions unless your goal is to dismiss people or otherwise make their opinions "count less".

  • @Orion said:

    Nah. I'd rather not give people a new excuse for dismissing comments/users they don't like. This would just drive up the elitism.

    Im kinda on the same page. Yes linking your profile to your stats would weed out the newbies claiming they know what they're talking about but it cuts both ways. I tried getting into Star Craft 2's forums and anytime I posted an idea or my opinion on something. The first thing people did was look at my profile and saw I didn't have 10000+ battles under my belt and my opinions were automatically dismissed.

  • I'm with @Orion & @EvilJoshy on this. I'd be fine for linking your game accounts to the forum - great way to stop all the alternate accounts that get created! But having stats to show who was worthy to give an opinion (which is what it would boil down to), would be pretty bad and create something completely elitist.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

  • Would be good to have access to it.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm with @Orion & @EvilJoshy on this. I'd be fine for linking your game accounts to the forum - great way to stop all the alternate accounts that get created! But having stats to show who was worthy to give an opinion (which is what it would boil down to), would be pretty bad and create something completely elitist.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

    We practically do this now. When someone makes a thread complaining about something I tend to look out the amount of posts they have. If it's 1 then I assume it's a new player that doesn't know what they're talking about or it's an alt account. If we link they're profile to their forum account I can picture majority of people will set their profile to private and people will assume "Your new aren't you? That's why your profile is set to private"

  • Terrible idea. I play a game where this is the case, because the Forum-Account is created automatically when someone creates an Account for the game. And while this does not really show the most relevant stats (but those can be seen on third-party sites and the name is obviously the correct one), it shows the winrate. And this can easily be used to shame players.

    Now, to be fair, most of the time those players who have bad stats are those who complain most about the game (and you dont get shamed for bad stats, e.g. I am not amazing at said game, but I am not dumb, so I will not complain about stuff and know that I am the problem why I dont win enough, lol), but, this can easily happen here as well.

    "You are only Rank 5 Killer? You have no idea what we are tallking about"... It would just give another reason to dismiss peoples opinions.

    Also, while this would help with the "You dont play Killer/Survivor"-mentality, seeing the Rank of the person can mean exactly nothing. There are Killer Main-Streamers who really dont play Survivor often and are at Rank 15 or something as Survivor who have more understanding of balance than some other Streamers who are Rank 1 on both sides and claim all the time that they play both sides.

    So it would not even be a reliable indicator if someone is experienced in a role or not.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236122#Comment_2236122

    We practically do this now. When someone makes a thread complaining about something I tend to look out the amount of posts they have. If it's 1 then I assume it's a new player that doesn't know what they're talking about or it's an alt account. If we link they're profile to their forum account I can picture majority of people will set their profile to private and people will assume "Your new aren't you? That's why your profile is set to private"

    We practically do this now.

    When someone makes a thread complaining about something I tend to look out the amount of posts they have.

    Do you see the discrepancy there?

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm with @Orion & @EvilJoshy on this. I'd be fine for linking your game accounts to the forum - great way to stop all the alternate accounts that get created! But having stats to show who was worthy to give an opinion (which is what it would boil down to), would be pretty bad and create something completely elitist.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

    Yeah that's a fair point. However one thing that'd be kinda cool is statuses on these forums, like being able to see when someone is online on the forums and when someone is online on DBD. Would probably be difficult though.

  • Which stats do you get with the Playstation wrap up?

  • What you played in 2020. It's obviously not completely up to date, but it's close.

  • I did and I remember I only had like a few hundred hours for 2020. Anyways I don't believe you can check it anymore. Other than hours I'd like to check other Dbd specific stats like the way steam tracks them. Stuff like blink attacks, hatchets thrown, total sacrifices, etc. Would be nice.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Basically you can now link your profile to the forums, in doing so your basic stats such as time played, rank average and survivor:killer % can be seen. Other stats could be included.

    Basically the idea is to have forum posts etc. More understanding and clear, is this person new and has stuff to learn? Are they a vet player? Do they play this side etc.? Which would provide alot of info about said person.

    Basically sorting fake/bait posts, separating experiencd from new so we get an understanding of who's struggling where etc. Signed up players get a small bonus monthly as well as completing surveys with the linked account gives extra bonuses.

    Reward those who contribute to feedback without hiding behind false statements like "I'm a killer main and it's to easy" "I'm a killer main and swf is balanced" etc.

    Thoughts?

    Although I love the idea, I can see it going belly up due to members being harassed and pressured into linking their game account that have chosen not to do so. There’s already a few here with strong opinions, and get bullied for it. They’re likely to experience more “crap” thrown at them if they chose not to link their accounts to show stats.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236083#Comment_2236083

    Feedback from new players is important as well, if you want player retention. Furthermore, it's blatantly obvious when someone only recently started playing (often they'll literally tell you that themselves).

    There is no reason why experience should be tied to opinions unless your goal is to dismiss people or otherwise make their opinions "count less".

    Nothing like a “NOED is OP”, or “SWF is cheating” post to tell us how long a person has been playing.

    At least it’s a chance to help and educate...

  • @Lx_malice said:

    If it means I'd finally get to see my own stats on console then I'm all in.

    If you are on xbox there is technically a small screen for stats when you go to achievements

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm with @Orion & @EvilJoshy on this. I'd be fine for linking your game accounts to the forum - great way to stop all the alternate accounts that get created! But having stats to show who was worthy to give an opinion (which is what it would boil down to), would be pretty bad and create something completely elitist.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

    Two counter points that I think are completely valid, and also the reason why I think what you declare makes no sense to me.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    Yes, they are people so they are equally important. With this being said however, why would you think they're (A newer player to a more experienced player by a notable margin) opinions are equally important if we are talking about specifics to the game.

    I do not think this because I wouldn't even consider this a fair comparison to make. The reason for this would be someone who just started could not possibly have more understanding then even a casual yet alone the more experienced players. In turn meaning that they could not have basic understandings of strats, balance overall, game mechanics, ect.

    It wouldn't make sense if you were to do anything and treat X's to Y's opinions the same if X doesn't even have the required knowledge to understand the common understandings?

    That would be akin to getting a chess coach with a LOWER rating then you...

    Of course, there are plenty of times experienced players are not being rational, and say dumb things in the process that aren't validated. That is basically a given, but in general someone with more experience would be more likely to be correct over someone who has less experience by logic therefore why would you treat the opinions of the two as equally accurate??

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

    Yhea I suppose, but as it is right now is a "Haha, I am better then you and you can't disprove it or even investigate the claim" thing.

    I personally don't want this feature to come to the forums if it forces you to connect your steam to get here because I think everyone would get banned from the forums due to how critically a small interaction that a mod dislikes can get you jailed/banned.

    I do understand however that this is something that could be appreciated however, so I think it would be fine to have as a optional feature. Since the forums need some extra things as they haven't changed alot in recent and could use improvement.

  • I actually play on both xbox and ps. I have wayyyy more progress on my ps4 though. Wish sony would take a couple notes from microsoft.

    Screenshot_2021-06-01-16-05-32-704_com.microsoft.xboxone.smartglass.jpg


  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236650#Comment_2236650

    I actually play on both xbox and ps. I have wayyyy more progress on my ps4 though. Wish sony would take a couple notes from microsoft.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I5Y2Y3NZ9WKC/screenshot-2021-06-01-16-05-32-704-com-microsoft-xboxone-smartglass.jpg

    Wow, how do you have that many deaths in just 9 days of play time? Oc guy has 74 days and he's not that far off from you.

    I wonder what mine looks like.

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236728#Comment_2236728

    Wow, how do you have that many deaths in just 9 days of play time? Oc guy has 74 days and he's not that far off from you.

    I wonder what mine looks like.

    Probably because I main killer and they probably main survivor. They do have about 9x the amount of escapes.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236740#Comment_2236740

    Probably because I main killer and they probably main survivor. They do have about 9x the amount of escapes.

    Oh, makes sense.

  • I think an account should be linked to the Forum, for the sake of responsibility. I don't have a problem with there being an "optional" selection on top of that which displays one's stats. I don't think anyone should be forced to show them, but those of us comfortable (or wanting to strut) should certainly be able to do so.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236086#Comment_2236086

    I did and I remember I only had like a few hundred hours for 2020. Anyways I don't believe you can check it anymore. Other than hours I'd like to check other Dbd specific stats like the way steam tracks them. Stuff like blink attacks, hatchets thrown, total sacrifices, etc. Would be nice.

    I'd like to see my millions of blink attacks and sacrifices again 🤣

    It really would be

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Terrible idea. I play a game where this is the case, because the Forum-Account is created automatically when someone creates an Account for the game. And while this does not really show the most relevant stats (but those can be seen on third-party sites and the name is obviously the correct one), it shows the winrate. And this can easily be used to shame players.

    Now, to be fair, most of the time those players who have bad stats are those who complain most about the game (and you dont get shamed for bad stats, e.g. I am not amazing at said game, but I am not dumb, so I will not complain about stuff and know that I am the problem why I dont win enough, lol), but, this can easily happen here as well.

    "You are only Rank 5 Killer? You have no idea what we are tallking about"... It would just give another reason to dismiss peoples opinions.

    Also, while this would help with the "You dont play Killer/Survivor"-mentality, seeing the Rank of the person can mean exactly nothing. There are Killer Main-Streamers who really dont play Survivor often and are at Rank 15 or something as Survivor who have more understanding of balance than some other Streamers who are Rank 1 on both sides and claim all the time that they play both sides.

    So it would not even be a reliable indicator if someone is experienced in a role or not.

    And it would make people not believe baiters like Sluzzy.

  • That would just create more problems. People with thousands and thousands of hours would be listened to like the drivel they are spouting is the gospel truth, while others with good idea's and far better understand of game mechanics would be ignored as scrubs despite dedicating hundreds, if not thousands, of hours to DbD.

    For example, I come across a lot of veteran players that genuinely think this game is massively killer sided and that survivors don't ever stand a chance. They complain about killers such as Huntress and Wraith, while pretending that Nurse is fine and has plenty of counterplay because they almost never go agasint good Nurses.

    A single dip into the tournament scene would easily disprove all of these claims, but of course they don't care.

  • @Orion said:

    Nah. I'd rather not give people a new excuse for dismissing comments/users they don't like. This would just drive up the elitism.

    My thoughts exactly.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236225#Comment_2236225

    And it would make people not believe baiters like Sluzzy.

    a person named sluzzy apparently has a crap ton of blinks on nurse. I’ve also played with a survivor named sluzzy who was pretty dang good.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236173#Comment_2236173

    We practically do this now.

    When someone makes a thread complaining about something I tend to look out the amount of posts they have.

    Do you see the discrepancy there?

    Well I meant we already judge people by how many posts they have. If we added a way to link to your steam profile it would get even worse.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236264#Comment_2236264

    Well I meant we already judge people by how many posts they have. If we added a way to link to your steam profile it would get even worse.

    I know what you meant, but I wanted to note that your examples are all about what you do.

  • I've been wanting this for a while. It wouldn't stop people from having a voice, and I think it would be good to know the types of comments and posts made by the different types of players.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236577#Comment_2236577

    I'd like to see my millions of blink attacks and sacrifices again 🤣

    It really would be

    Have you seen @Sluzzy's Nurse stats?

    They're kinda crazy.

  • That would be interesting to see

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm with @Orion & @EvilJoshy on this. I'd be fine for linking your game accounts to the forum - great way to stop all the alternate accounts that get created! But having stats to show who was worthy to give an opinion (which is what it would boil down to), would be pretty bad and create something completely elitist.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

    A player who is complaining about about something they don’t understand (looping, specific killer counterplay) does not have a valid opinion on balance. Devs shouldn’t be taking balancing feedback from people who don’t put in the proper time to learn. You should have to learn the game to have success: it shouldn’t be instant. If it is, i’d say that the game is probably bad.

  • The billy ones are impressive, but I don't really think the blink ones are. To be fair though, Sluzzys obviously not a Nurse main, so I shouldn't expect anything else.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236122#Comment_2236122

    A player who is complaining about about something they don’t understand (looping, specific killer counterplay) does not have a valid opinion on balance. Devs shouldn’t be taking balancing feedback from people who don’t put in the proper time to learn. You should have to learn the game to have success: it shouldn’t be instant. If it is, i’d say that the game is probably bad.

    Just because they are new doesn't mean their opinion isn't valid. What absolute foolishness is that?

    New players experiences matter just as much as someone with 8K hours and their opinions on balance should be noted just the same as everyone else.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237516#Comment_2237516

    The billy ones are impressive, but I don't really think the blink ones are. To be fair though, Sluzzys obviously not a Nurse main, so I shouldn't expect anything else.

    Sluzzy is 26th overall in BP earned with over 1 billion.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237522#Comment_2237522

    Sluzzy is 26th overall in BP earned with over 1 billion.

    Thats impressive.

  • @Orion said:

    Nah. I'd rather not give people a new excuse for dismissing comments/users they don't like. This would just drive up the elitism.

    Why is your brain so large?

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm with @Orion & @EvilJoshy on this. I'd be fine for linking your game accounts to the forum - great way to stop all the alternate accounts that get created! But having stats to show who was worthy to give an opinion (which is what it would boil down to), would be pretty bad and create something completely elitist.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

    @Mandy said:

    I'm with @Orion & @EvilJoshy on this. I'd be fine for linking your game accounts to the forum - great way to stop all the alternate accounts that get created! But having stats to show who was worthy to give an opinion (which is what it would boil down to), would be pretty bad and create something completely elitist.

    New players are just as important as veteran players and their opinion is just as valid - having stats showing on the forums would get those newer players points of view completely written off.

    The whole "stats on show" would just make the discussions a big "I've got 2 more hours than you so I know better" type of thing, which isn't what we are looking for here at all.

    Well its once again not to dismiss people but instead provide more information to the devs etc. Even if the information is always completely private I feel it would give better feedback to everyone on the team. This way if new players are struggling you will have more information as to why etc. Plus I feel itd be an extra way to encourage and reward players that take the time to leave feedback through surveys etc.

  • No, they shouldn't be linked to the forums.

    They should be linked literally everywhere

  • That info listed in public heck no it be warped into dismissing people's opinions and thoughts just based on their hours or rank or whatever. if only I could see it, absolutely.

    How would this even work for Xbox? Stats there and on console in general are usually locked up right behind UEA stuff...

‹ 1 2