Pride month charm is worring me...

As I saw the livestream yesterday and saw the charm. I found it really cool and the charm looks really good.

But then I did the mistake and read the chat and Twitter...

So many (Bad word here) people who write garbage like "I tunnel every one who is wearing that" and stuff that goes in the ddos direction....

I don't know if this charm is "ready" for this community and so many people reacting poorly.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • I'm gonna have this charm on all my characters.

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    DbD, the first game where you can kill lgbt and their supporters (or bully them if they are killers)

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    would kek if I get banned for stating a fact

    I mean it's not a fact. There are quite a few games in history that have done this.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218594#Comment_2218594

    its a meme picture that i thought was funny.

    though if current discord conversations im having are anything to go by anything above a single flag does seem to make a whole lot of people really angry for no apparent reason.

    It is a funny meme but I have a strong feeling that a lot of people would get very 'upseto' if 'heteros' was switched with 'homos' in this meme. Maybe not you as you seem to have a sense of humour, but people overzealous about these things tend to be pretty keen on maintaining double standards.


    On this topic however, do not capitulate to a few idiots doing idiot things. Chances are a lot of them are just trolls that won't do it nor truly care about this, wanting to just trigger people like what's going on here. Nonetheless, don't let threats get in the way of your safe and easy politics to gain karma for your brand, it'll only embolden the idiots to keep doing this and bully the organization into playing it extra, EXTRA safe.

  • The chat on the stream in YouTube were spamming "cringe" while the pride charm was being shown. Children are wack, I tell ya.

    But y'know what? It will work for my "tunnel me" build, so I'm happy. And I'm also glad LGBT is finally represented, even if it's just a charm. As someone who is LG(B)T, I'm happy :D

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218636#Comment_2218636

    okay maybe not autism speaks because that "charity" is harmful as ######### from what i remember but i agree with having people represent themselves how they want

    Did you ever see that extremely awful autism speaks commercial in the 2000s?

    They literally said they are going to use voodoo herbs and prayers to cure autism. It was so terrible.

    Let's not promote autism speaks at all.

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    DbD, the first game where you can kill lgbt and their supporters (or bully them if they are killers)

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    would kek if I get banned for stating a fact

    Even among multiplayer games overwatch, siege and smite got there first (with LGBT characters, not just charms)

  • @glitchboi said:

    The chat on the stream in YouTube were spamming "cringe" while the pride charm was being shown. Children are wack, I tell ya.

    But y'know what? It will work for my "tunnel me" build, so I'm happy. And I'm also glad LGBT is finally represented, even if it's just a charm. As someone who is LG(B)T, I'm happy :D

    Really? Bunch of degenerates.

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218831#Comment_2218831

    the first slasher game.

    I can already see countless bitching and accusations "you X because I had pride charm, you *****"

    Never seen it happen in other games with them. Anyway if someone wants to complain in postgame chat they will find a reason to, charms or not

  • Bring it. I don't think I would notice a difference from a normal game as is.

    I'll wear it with pride.

    Want to tunnel me or camp me? That's fine ^.^ I am not fussed.

    I understand there are people who will target others for this, but it is only because they are immature children.

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218848#Comment_2218848

    Just saying it would be another "reason" for ######### to #########.

    Like, I remember being called racist by people playing claudette (usually claudette, but sometimes Adam, Tapp and others) because I killed them. LUL

    Ha, that's pretty funny

  • @Samtar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218721#Comment_2218721

    Im talking about this part:

    So many (Bad word here) people who write garbage like "I tunnel every one who is wearing that" and stuff that goes in the ddos direction....I don't know if this charm is "ready" for this community and so many people react like brain dead kids.

    As In "Who cares enough about to do that?"

    But I assume you misinterpeted that as being against LGBT thus you are now acting like I kicked your dog?

    im not acting like you kicked my dog lmao? im just tired of people saying they dont care immidiately followed by "but"

  • @Wafflecat said:

    Bring it. I don't think I would notice a difference from a normal game as is.

    I'll wear it with pride.

    Want to tunnel me or camp me? That's fine ^.^ I am not fussed.

    I understand there are people who will target others for this, but it is only because they are immature children.

    I admire your pride and confidence

  • @Mineguy said:

    As I saw the livestream yesterday and saw the charm. I found it really cool and the charm looks really good.

    But then I did the mistake and read the chat and Twitter...

    So many (Bad word here) people who write garbage like "I tunnel every one who is wearing that" and stuff that goes in the ddos direction....

    I don't know if this charm is "ready" for this community and so many people react like brain dead kids.

    I don't necessarily agree with pride, but I don't think people will target them specifically. Honestly charms are hard to see in general and I think if we find survivors (from afar especially) you won't see the charm.

    Tunneling/slugging will still happen and if they say it afterwards then ban them.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218830#Comment_2218830

    im not acting like you kicked my dog lmao? im just tired of people saying they dont care immidiately followed by "but"

    Never said "but" in my comment, I just simply said that I dont think anyone would care that much about it to specifically target some people.

    Note that the dog part was an exaggeration, I know that you know that I didnt actually kick him. Just so you dont misinterpret that like my original comment.

    (Note, This comment got eaten once before so dont blame me If they suddenly appear twice.)

  • So folks are actually triggered by a rainbow flag charm, (which makes no discernible difference to gameplay) in a video game, now?

    That's silly, I'm not gonna lie...

    I don't really have anything else to say on this topic; apart from that the charm should come out, regardless of how many people complain.

  • @Samtar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218875#Comment_2218875

    Never said "but" in my comment, I just simply said that I dont think anyone would care that much about it to specifically target some people.

    Note that the dog part was an exaggeration, I know that you know that I didnt actually kick him. Just so you dont misinterpret that like my original comment.

    (Note, This comment got eaten once before so dont blame me If they suddenly appear twice.)

    I dont think anyone would care that much about it to specifically target some people.

    Then you clearly don't know much about this community.

    Note that the dog part was an exaggeration, I know that you know that I didnt actually kick him. Just so you dont misinterpret that like my original comment.

    I don't even have a dog.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218902#Comment_2218902

    I dont think anyone would care that much about it to specifically target some people.

    Then you clearly don't know much about this community.

    Note that the dog part was an exaggeration, I know that you know that I didnt actually kick him. Just so you dont misinterpret that like my original comment.

    I don't even have a dog.

    You should get a dog their pretty cool! Personally i more enjoy a cat in some cases though. And yeah i can sadly see that happenin.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218935#Comment_2218935

    You should get a dog their pretty cool! Personally i more enjoy a cat in some cases though. And yeah i can sadly see that happenin.

    its tempting but im also allergic :)

  • @Dabihwow said:

    I like that they are adding and LGBT charm, adding more connections to the community. But if people are gonna tunnel over a charm, thats ######### pathetic. Get a grip, ya'll who cares it's just a charm. But what excites me the most about the charm is that I hope it leads to opening up more to the community. I mean why just stop at the LGBT charm, I wanna see a charm for autism speaks, and so on just so people can show representation in the game

    As someone who is autistic irl I don't like autism speaks, although representation one way or another would be kickass.

  • Yep, I'd assume the Twitch chat was a lot more calmer and just spammed KappaPride or something. Who knows though

    The YT chat also spammed "cringe" when they were showing the streamers.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218636#Comment_2218636

    As someone who is autistic irl I don't like autism speaks, although representation one way or another would be kickass.

    Yeah I found out recently Autism speaks, is uh... yeah, Let me edit that real quick

  • The homophobes can eat my DS and enjoy my thiccness shaking at the exit gate <3

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    Making charms like this is only gonna lead to bad things which sucks but that's just how people how. They simply should not bother because it ONLY leads to bad things. I don't care that much because it doesn't do anything to me but there are people out there who will get ######### on for using it an I feel bad for them. If they simply DO NOT release anything like this it'll be fine. I dont think its gonna have a big impact either way but its better to have nothing then to make something that only leads to bad things.

    I don't agree and that's an incredibly negative way of looking at it, that it will ONLY lead to bad things. It may lead to bad things - but not doing something because you are afraid of pissing off BAD people is not the way to make progress.

  • @NVerde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218550#Comment_2218550

    I don't agree and that's an incredibly negative way of looking at it, that it will ONLY lead to bad things. It may lead to bad things - but not doing something because you are afraid of pissing off BAD people is not the way to make progress.

    This. If we didn't do something for fear of upsetting a few #########, we'd still be living in caves.

  • Just taking a nap.

  • @Samtar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218875#Comment_2218875

    Never said "but" in my comment, I just simply said that I dont think anyone would care that much about it to specifically target some people.

    Note that the dog part was an exaggeration, I know that you know that I didnt actually kick him. Just so you dont misinterpret that like my original comment.

    (Note, This comment got eaten once before so dont blame me If they suddenly appear twice.)

    Welp, you got banned quickly.

  • I’d argue that the player is not ready for the charm. Not the other way around.

    This is going to be a learning experience for some. I don’t doubt that.

  • It isn't just this game, it's common on any social media, vocal minority of morons. When a sports team changes their pic to support pride you see horrifically ignorant comments, almost makes you ashamed to support the same team, before remembering these people are simply narrow-minded intolerant #########.


    If anything it makes me want to use the charm more to show support for the community even if not a part of it, and bonus of annoying them because if any DbD player deserves true toxicity on them it is those spouting that bigoted small-minded rubbish.

  • A general characteristic of the internet in general is that when you're open about yourself and something that's out of your control but are proud of some people will use it as an oppertunity to put you down to feel better about themselves and how 'better' they are.

    Personally, I'm optimistic this won't happen too often - Players in this game can be outright bad sometimes but from my experience its usually just because they're mad at dbd. Sometimes it goes past that, of course.

    I wonder if anyone's ever been tunnelled for running the pineapple pizza charm though.

  • @MintberryCrunch said:

    It isn't just this game, it's common on any social media, vocal minority of morons. When a sports team changes their pic to support pride you see horrifically ignorant comments, almost makes you ashamed to support the same team, before remembering these people are simply narrow-minded intolerant #########.

    If anything it makes me want to use the charm more to show support for the community even if not a part of it, and bonus of annoying them because if any DbD player deserves true toxicity on them it is those spouting that bigoted small-minded rubbish.

    It is a beautiful thing for someone to support a community even if they don't identify as part of it - it makes my lil gay heart swell, thank you.

  • I'd wear or decorate my killer hooks with a pride charm.

    I already have many friends who belong in the LGBT community and I'll always stand with them.

  • I'm happy we're getting a pride charm, and I'd be happy to have queer characters and skins -- I do always have the thought in the back of my mind that wearing them would be an express train to getting bullied, but I'm already on that train half the time anyway, so...

  • Well you can take solace in the fact that it's a bunch of edgelords and wannabe-contrarian provocateurs that feel the best place to make their thoughts and feelings known is by spiting people on a video game. And who could blame them, nobody would take them seriously in any real-life setting.

  • @Satelit said:

    We already get targeted irl,nothing new for us

    Exactly. I’ll have the charm on all of my characters. Being tunneled is nothing compared to things people and said and done to me in person. Kiss my rainbow and deal.

  • Chances are that if someone is tunnelling someone or camping someone because of a charm, they aren't very good at the game and need to get a life.

  • I will admit that I rarely notice charms, either. I only notice them if I’m hanging on a hook and I’m bored so I start looking at the killer’s charms, or I’m being healed and the camera pans in such a way that it’s focused on the character’s charms. Or if they’re glowing.

  • @Orion said:

    They'll be banned. Easy enough.

    You can't be banned for tunneling

  • DBD has a fairly large and healthy community of individuals who fall under the LGBTQ+. This charm is only a problem to the people who are close minded and hateful. Although it sucks that some people might actively seek out and target the individuals using this charm, ultimately, those people will get banned and the community will be better for it.

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218831#Comment_2218831

    the first slasher game.

    I can already see countless bitching and accusations "you X because I had pride charm, you *****"

    That's what I'm worried about

  • You can be banned for spouting homophobia in the chat, though.

    Why are you worried about false accusations? I've killed plenty of survivors, but I've never been accused of racism, homophobia, or anything like that. Even if I had been, I'd know that was a false accusation, which would be irrelevant.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219614#Comment_2219614

    You can be banned for spouting homophobia in the chat, though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219619#Comment_2219619

    Why are you worried about false accusations? I've killed plenty of survivors, but I've never been accused of racism, homophobia, or anything like that. Even if I had been, I'd know that was a false accusation, which would be irrelevant.

    You specifically said tunneling. That's what I was referring to. You didn't say anything about chat.

    Chat is currently useless considering that they're censoring such basic words and even character names anyway.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219614#Comment_2219614

    You can be banned for spouting homophobia in the chat, though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219619#Comment_2219619

    Why are you worried about false accusations? I've killed plenty of survivors, but I've never been accused of racism, homophobia, or anything like that. Even if I had been, I'd know that was a false accusation, which would be irrelevant.

    With that new autoban system and the charms plus x4 survivors dying will be an unsafe time for killer. Specially if they have the pride charms every game then start reporting for griefing over a charm.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219630#Comment_2219630

    You specifically said tunneling. That's what I was referring to. You didn't say anything about chat.

    Chat is currently useless considering that they're censoring such basic words and even character names anyway.

    I actually didn't say the word "tunneling", that was OP. However, OP also said "stuff that goes in the ddos direction", which is straight-up illegal.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219630#Comment_2219630

    With that new autoban system and the charms plus x4 survivors dying will be an unsafe time for killer. Specially if they have the pride charms every game then start reporting for griefing over a charm.

    That's why we need to voice our opposition to an autoban system. However, such a thing is in the future, and won't come before the charm. Therefore, for now, there's no reason to be worried about false reports.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219630#Comment_2219630

    With that new autoban system and the charms plus x4 survivors dying will be an unsafe time for killer. Specially if they have the pride charms every game then start reporting for griefing over a charm.

    You're anticipating getting banned for killing survivors? As the killer? So killers are going to be obliged to leave any survivors alone who have a charm?

    You usually live up to your username more.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219642#Comment_2219642

    That's why we need to voice our opposition to an autoban system. However, such a thing is in the future, and won't come before the charm. Therefore, for now, there's no reason to be worried about false reports.

    Indeed. Ever since the autoban got announced, I've been just playing killer before it gets released due this community and the ability to mass report each match just because of a lost even though I avoid hooked survivor's and try to be chill, there will group's who get a kick out of ruining someone's day. You know damn well they'll release the new system either way.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219642#Comment_2219642

    You're anticipating getting banned for killing survivors? As the killer? So killers are going to be obliged to leave any survivors alone who have a charm?

    You usually live up to your username more.

    No. I don't have faith in behavior to filter out real issues and just massive witch parties.

  • It sucks but ultimately it isn't about those people its about pride and supporting each other as human beings if that upsets them then they can go kicking and screaming all they want its 2021 already

  • We can not stop doing good thing just because bad people get upset. That argument always drives me mad...

    Let people be mad. Add all the lgbtq flags!

  • @Orion Just wanted to clarify that if it just auto-bans racial slurs or slurs towards sex, I'm on board. Also, I really enjoy your conversations. I don't always give input because you usually say what I was going to say in almost every post lol. Keep up the amazing discussions and thank you for worrying about my concerns. It's honestly refreshing.

1 2 3 4 … 6