What are we supposed to do against farming now?

Someone sees me being camped on the hook (still quite common), and they bum rush it and unhook me in the killer's face, only to get me downed again.

Before the struggle change, I could just let go, die, and the farmer would get downed as consequence for their actions.

Now, there's nothing I can do about it.


Like I've said before, we NEED a way to kick people away from the hook to prevent this. Yeah yeah... "It'll cause trolling" Not as much as the farming that's going on.

Someone not letting you unhook them when the killer is nowhere nearby? Leave them!

Someone trying to farm you off the hook? Too f-ing bad.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Just bring DS/Unbreakable.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Just bring DS/Unbreakable.

    Those don't help dude. They prolong it, but not stop it.

    Besides, the farmer still got away with farming me with no punishment at all.

  • ######### does this have to do with "defending the hook"?

    I want to punish people who run up and unhook me in the killer's face. What the hell are you on about?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165192#Comment_2165192

    I mean. What else am I supposed to get out of "we need a way to kick people away from the hook" ? How is a survivor supposed to rescue you...If you need a way to kick them away from the hook..?

    How is it a hard concept to believe that if the killer is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME... You shouldn't be unhooking me. That's textbook definition "farming".

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165210#Comment_2165210

    So you want a way to kick survivors away from the hook ?

    If the killer is right in front of me? Yes.

    If the killer is nowhere near me? No.

    VERY simple concept. I don't like being farmed. No one does.

  • @dadadadadada said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165189#Comment_2165189

    Explain to me how is ds/unbreakable dont help you when you get farm the killer cant pick you up and if he do you give him a 5 src stun and run away dont stop at the first loop you see. You run at 4 meter per sec he run at 4,6 meter per sec he is stun for 5 sec he wont be on you for a while this give your team some time to finish gen split aggro etc... Whitout those perk you would have been hook right away and the killer could have all the momentum but you deny it with your DS

    Explain to me how the killer can't just go right back to you after DS the same way they can if they have to break a pallet or vault a window.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165216#Comment_2165216

    Ok. Your comment read to me. We need a way to get killers away from the hook. Kicking a survivor away and not letting them get you would be hilarious

    It's not always killers camping. It's often survivors that are already being chased, bringing the killer back to the hook and unhooking me because they have the IQ of a McChicken.

  • Run DS, its on you if you cant escape.

  • @Palkia123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165216#Comment_2165216

    But then people can just do it on purpose when the killer isn't near you then get the rescuer killed by the time the killer gets back... just be happy I came back for you at all

    Umm no. I'm not going to be happy that you're farming me for points in front of the killer.

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    Run DS, its on you if you cant escape.

    Escaping isn't the issue... ffs I swear you guys don't even read the post.

  • @Palkia123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165216#Comment_2165216

    But then people can just do it on purpose when the killer isn't near you then get the rescuer killed by the time the killer gets back... just be happy I came back for you at all

    You're not wrong that this would be used for trolling, but at the same time, I have no reason to be happy when Meg rushes straight at me with Bubba right on her ass, I have 40 seconds left before I hit struggle, and there was a David who was crouching in an LT wall waiting for Bubba to go a safe distance away before Meg ran through with her pants off and brought him back.

  • I want to be able to kick them in the head or better yet, trap their head in my thighs of steel and cause them to go into dying state.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165236#Comment_2165236

    You're not wrong that this would be used for trolling, but at the same time, I have no reason to be happy when Meg rushes straight at me with Bubba right on her ass, I have 40 seconds left before I hit struggle, and there was a David who was crouching in an LT wall waiting for Bubba to go a safe distance away before Meg ran through with her pants off and brought him back.

    THANK YOU!

    FINALLY! Someone actually read the post!

  • Just play the game out. Why be an infant?

  • @Zixology said:

    Someone sees me being camped on the hook (still quite common), and they bum rush it and unhook me in the killer's face, only to get me downed again.

    Before the struggle change, I could just let go, die, and the farmer would get downed as consequence for their actions.

    Now, there's nothing I can do about it.

    Like I've said before, we NEED a way to kick people away from the hook to prevent this. Yeah yeah... "It'll cause trolling" Not as much as the farming that's going on.

    Someone not letting you unhook them when the killer is nowhere nearby? Leave them!

    Someone trying to farm you off the hook? Too f-ing bad.

    here is what is to be done

    group up with friends. stop being bad. Avoid forums because no sympathy here

  • You could do nothing vs farming before, hook suiciding wasn't instant even before, someone just hooked had enough time to be unhooked without their input as the unhooker can unhook before the struggle phased properly began. It's the same now but even more slow which is good for the game, hook suiciding shouldn't be encouraged.

    It's the killer's choice to punish the farmer, if he likes survivors who farm their teammates he might just let him go as he helped him kill you all. Luckily most killers are pretty nice players so they usually either punish the farmer or kill everyone equally.

  • @malloymk said:

    Just play the game out. Why be an infant?

    Found the guy who farms people off hooks.

    @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247638/what-are-we-supposed-to-do-against-farming-now

    here is what is to be done

    group up with friends. stop being bad. Avoid forums because no sympathy here

    People have different schedules my guy. Plus, how does getting farmed off the hook against my will mean I'm bad. I'd love to hear your explanation for that one.

    @Kebek said:

    You could do nothing vs farming before, hook suiciding wasn't instant even before, someone just hooked had enough time to be unhooked without their input as the unhooker can unhook before the struggle phased properly began. It's the same now but even more slow which is good for the game, hook suiciding shouldn't be encouraged.

    It's the killer's choice to punish the farmer, if he likes survivors who farm their teammates he might just let him go as he helped him kill you all. Luckily most killers are pretty nice players so they usually either punish the farmer or kill everyone equally.

    People farming others off the hook in the killer's face isn't good for the game. There's no way to convince me that you're right. It's flat out griefing and is even reportable. Problem there is that reporting people doesn't do anything.

  • @Zixology said:

    Someone sees me being camped on the hook (still quite common), and they bum rush it and unhook me in the killer's face, only to get me downed again.

    Before the struggle change, I could just let go, die, and the farmer would get downed as consequence for their actions.

    Now, there's nothing I can do about it.

    Like I've said before, we NEED a way to kick people away from the hook to prevent this. Yeah yeah... "It'll cause trolling" Not as much as the farming that's going on.

    Someone not letting you unhook them when the killer is nowhere nearby? Leave them!

    Someone trying to farm you off the hook? Too f-ing bad.

    I mean if you truly dont want to deal with this then you should probably make some friends and swf instead of solo queue'ing.

  • @Zixology said:

    Someone sees me being camped on the hook (still quite common), and they bum rush it and unhook me in the killer's face, only to get me downed again.

    Before the struggle change, I could just let go, die, and the farmer would get downed as consequence for their actions.

    Now, there's nothing I can do about it.

    Like I've said before, we NEED a way to kick people away from the hook to prevent this. Yeah yeah... "It'll cause trolling" Not as much as the farming that's going on.

    Someone not letting you unhook them when the killer is nowhere nearby? Leave them!

    Someone trying to farm you off the hook? Too f-ing bad.

    What would be better are emots on hooks so you can tell them go or get away. Like a thumbs up or thumbs Down.

  • @Zixology I'm not saying it's good but sometimes it's the correct play (in scenarios vs camping killer, hooked survivor beiing almost dead so you farm them hoping they have DS so they get a shot to use it). Mostly, it's done out of ignorance as far too many survivors are extremely boosted and wouldn't understand what safe unhook is even if it hit them in the face.

    I'm saying that hook suiciding is bad and not healthy for the game as far more often it's abused as "Legit DC" when some entiteled survivor doesn't like somethinh like getting downed early.

    Overall I don't see what's the big deal anyway, you die either way farmed or self killed so the only difference is that the farmer get tiny bit of BP, loses emblem points and dies too. Farmes usualy farm because they're bad at DBD not because they want to griefe you.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165256#Comment_2165256

    Found the guy who farms people off hooks.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165258#Comment_2165258

    People have different schedules my guy. Plus, how does getting farmed off the hook against my will mean I'm bad. I'd love to hear your explanation for that one.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165260#Comment_2165260

    People farming others off the hook in the killer's face isn't good for the game. There's no way to convince me that you're right. It's flat out griefing and is even reportable. Problem there is that reporting people doesn't do anything.

    make more than 1 friend

    stop getting caught = very good

    getting caught = bad

    TL;DR stop making excuses, because thats all your doing. making excuses

  • I think hook interactions would need a few changes to make this work. Otherwise it would be a mess with trying to prioritize kicking away, unhooking, cancelling unhook, and killer grabbing all at the same instance.

    1. Remove cancel unhook ability- this is already super glitch and inconsistent. Survivor has to commit to unhooking

    2. Remove killer unhook- also a big part of the glitches. Replace with unhook survivor being exposed during the animation only.

    3. Lengthen unhook process- this would allow both the person on hook and the killer to respond properly. It's a bit too fast to respond while on hook tbh. Make it maybe 2 or 3 seconds? I believe it's 1 now

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247638/what-are-we-supposed-to-do-against-farming-now

    I mean if you truly dont want to deal with this then you should probably make some friends and swf instead of solo queue'ing.

    Not everyone I know always wants to play DBD at the same time I do. Plus, I'm pretty sure most people here seem to think that SWF is "toxic" and should be removed. So make up your mind. Are you okay with SWF or not?

    @Micheal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247638/what-are-we-supposed-to-do-against-farming-now

    What would be better are emots on hooks so you can tell them go or get away. Like a thumbs up or thumbs Down.

    I thought about it, but it won't stop people. They'll still have the ability to farm.

    @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165272#Comment_2165272

    Judging by his posts, it's probably pretty difficult for him to make friends.

    Think what you'd like buckeroo. Thanks for your wonderous contribution to the discussion.

    @Kebek said:

    @Zixology I'm not saying it's good but sometimes it's the correct play (in scenarios vs camping killer, hooked survivor beiing almost dead so you farm them hoping they have DS so they get a shot to use it). Mostly, it's done out of ignorance as far too many survivors are extremely boosted and wouldn't understand what safe unhook is even if it hit them in the face.

    I'm saying that hook suiciding is bad and not healthy for the game as far more often it's abused as "Legit DC" when some entiteled survivor doesn't like somethinh like getting downed early.

    Overall I don't see what's the big deal anyway, you die either way farmed or self killed so the only difference is that the farmer get tiny bit of BP, loses emblem points and dies too. Farmes usualy farm because they're bad at DBD not because they want to griefe you.

    The big deal is people farming others and getting away with it. If someone isn't punished for doing something wrong, then they will continue to do it. Considering this new system, I'm half tempted to just DC if someone runs up to me while the killer is next to me.

    @dadadadadada said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165228#Comment_2165228

    Im to lazy to do the math but if you run 4 meter per sec and the killer run at 4,6 meter per sec after 5 sec you will 20 meter on the killer this is too far away for a chase to start so the killer need to go near you again and this take a lot of time. You have the number do the math and whitout any loop or window vault and a flat field you will know how much time it take for you and the killer to come in contact

    I'll do the math for you since you said "Im to lazy": Killers (including Nurse while blinking) are faster than survivors. You cannot just out-speed a killer out of a chase indefinitely.

    @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165268#Comment_2165268

    make more than 1 friend

    stop getting caught = very good

    getting caught = bad

    TL;DR stop making excuses, because thats all your doing. making excuses

    I have about 20 people in a personal Discord who play DBD... Being an adult means people have responsibilities. We don't all go to school and get home at the same time.

    Also, anyone who says "just don't get caught" loses all credibility. The fact that you say that tells me you either only play Killer, or just not at all.

    @IWasLeft2Die said:

    I think hook interactions would need a few changes to make this work. Otherwise it would be a mess with trying to prioritize kicking away, unhooking, cancelling unhook, and killer grabbing all at the same instance.

    1. Remove cancel unhook ability- this is already super glitch and inconsistent. Survivor has to commit to unhooking

    2. Remove killer unhook- also a big part of the glitches. Replace with unhook survivor being exposed during the animation only.

    3. Lengthen unhook process- this would allow both the person on hook and the killer to respond properly. It's a bit too fast to respond while on hook tbh. Make it maybe 2 or 3 seconds? I believe it's 1 now

    Honestly, never thought of that. It sounds like a really good idea! That would be perfect!

    Grabs in general are very buggy, so replacing it with exposed would work out nicely. And increasing the animation time would make people more likely to get caught in the act of farming and even prevent the possible trolling that could come from a kicking mechanic.

    Thank you for actually reading the post and having enough brain power to process it maturely.

    Much appreciated! :)

  • @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247638/what-are-we-supposed-to-do-against-farming-now

    here is what is to be done

    group up with friends. stop being bad. Avoid forums because no sympathy here

    tbf how is being farmed being bad at the game exactly? The person on hook is not at all at fault in these situations.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165272#Comment_2165272

    Not everyone I know always wants to play DBD at the same time I do. Plus, I'm pretty sure most people here seem to think that SWF is "toxic" and should be removed. So make up your mind. Are you okay with SWF or not?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165274#Comment_2165274

    I thought about it, but it won't stop people. They'll still have the ability to farm.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165278#Comment_2165278

    Think what you'd like buckeroo. Thanks for your wonderous contribution to the discussion.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165281#Comment_2165281

    The big deal is people farming others and getting away with it. If someone isn't punished for doing something wrong, then they will continue to do it. Considering this new system, I'm half tempted to just DC if someone runs up to me while the killer is next to me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165286#Comment_2165286

    I'll do the math for you since you said "Im to lazy": Killers (including Nurse while blinking) are faster than survivors. You cannot just out-speed a killer out of a chase indefinitely.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165289#Comment_2165289

    I have about 20 people in a personal Discord who play DBD... Being an adult means people have responsibilities. We don't all go to school and get home at the same time.

    Also, anyone who says "just don't get caught" loses all credibility. The fact that you say that tells me you either only play Killer, or just not at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165290#Comment_2165290

    Honestly, never thought of that. It sounds like a really good idea! That would be perfect!

    Grabs in general are very buggy, so replacing it with exposed would work out nicely. And increasing the animation time would make people more likely to get caught in the act of farming and even prevent the possible trolling that could come from a kicking mechanic.

    Thank you for actually reading the post and having enough brain power to process it maturely.

    Much appreciated! :)

    Lol no worries. Yeah I feel like that's a pretty good middle ground that addresses a number of issues without favoring one side too much

  • A lot of what you are probably considering farming is just hook trading. And depending on where you are at in the hook timer and how much the killer is proxy camping, the hook trade is almost always better than letting you go into phase 2.

    Straight up farming and bailing almost never happens in my games.

  • @Zixology Doing something wrong is all solo surivors know how to do. If you don't like playing with bad teammates that much, find yourself a 4 man SWF.

    People in solo que are terrible most of the time, farming is the smallest of terrible things solo survivors fail at or do.

  • honestly never understood why, at any other point in the game, i can hold shift and block people from healing me, but when i'm on the hook it just stops being a feature

    give it a visual cue if you must - the survivor brings their legs up and curls up on the hook - just allow me to not consent to the unhook, please. there are many cases outside of getting hook farmed where i don't want to be unhooked right away, like if my gen's almost done or if there's a hex totem right next to me or i'm next to an exit gate that's not open yet. let me drop the hint that they should do the other thing first.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165238#Comment_2165238

    Escaping isn't the issue... ffs I swear you guys don't even read the post.

    100% agree with your idea.

    As a solo survivor it is very frustrating getting farmed and loosing a hook state because some people don't know what a safe hook rescue is.

    Being able to kick away others would be nice. I would also like to suggest a shove animation to quickly get people to stop healing you when the killer approaches. Some people hang on for too long and by the time you have gotten them to release its too late :<

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    Run DS, its on you if you cant escape.

    1. Why should you have to use a perk just to stop teammates doing something stupid?
    2. That's a one time use - what if you've already used it, it's just tough?
    3. How do you propose escaping when someone unhooks you right in front of the killer and they don't have BT?

    I don't understand the mentality of arguing against the proposal, which would prevent people doing something that harms the team and just annoys people.

  • @Micheal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247638/what-are-we-supposed-to-do-against-farming-now

    What would be better are emots on hooks so you can tell them go or get away. Like a thumbs up or thumbs Down.

    They would still farm you

  • @malloymk said:

    A lot of what you are probably considering farming is just hook trading. And depending on where you are at in the hook timer and how much the killer is proxy camping, the hook trade is almost always better than letting you go into phase 2.

    Straight up farming and bailing almost never happens in my games.

    I wish I was in your games then.

    @Kebek said:

    @Zixology Doing something wrong is all solo surivors know how to do. If you don't like playing with bad teammates that much, find yourself a 4 man SWF.

    People in solo que are terrible most of the time, farming is the smallest of terrible things solo survivors fail at or do.

    People have lives and schedules my guy. Not everyone can play DBD with each other at the same time.

    @deckyr said:

    honestly never understood why, at any other point in the game, i can hold shift and block people from healing me, but when i'm on the hook it just stops being a feature

    give it a visual cue if you must - the survivor brings their legs up and curls up on the hook - just allow me to not consent to the unhook, please. there are many cases outside of getting hook farmed where i don't want to be unhooked right away, like if my gen's almost done or if there's a hex totem right next to me or i'm next to an exit gate that's not open yet. let me drop the hint that they should do the other thing first.

    Yes! Thank you! The "don't heal me" button has been a God send against people trying to pick me up in front of the killer! I wish for something similar to work on hooks!

    @NVerde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165238#Comment_2165238

    1. Why should you have to use a perk just to stop teammates doing something stupid?
    2. That's a one time use - what if you've already used it, it's just tough?
    3. How do you propose escaping when someone unhooks you right in front of the killer and they don't have BT?

    I don't understand the mentality of arguing against the proposal, which would prevent people doing something that harms the team and just annoys people.

    For real. So many people here are actually advocating for farming people off hooks. ######### has this place come to?

    Thank you for being sensible.

    That's another problem on it's own. We don't know who does and doesn't have BT. That's also why I think survivors should see each others loadouts in the pregame lobby like on mobile. As well as having a HUD indicator if someone approaching you has BT.

  • That's just a bad save not farming, Survivors lose points if your immediately downed again.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165272#Comment_2165272

    Not everyone I know always wants to play DBD at the same time I do. Plus, I'm pretty sure most people here seem to think that SWF is "toxic" and should be removed. So make up your mind. Are you okay with SWF or not?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165274#Comment_2165274

    I thought about it, but it won't stop people. They'll still have the ability to farm.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165278#Comment_2165278

    Think what you'd like buckeroo. Thanks for your wonderous contribution to the discussion.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165281#Comment_2165281

    The big deal is people farming others and getting away with it. If someone isn't punished for doing something wrong, then they will continue to do it. Considering this new system, I'm half tempted to just DC if someone runs up to me while the killer is next to me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165286#Comment_2165286

    I'll do the math for you since you said "Im to lazy": Killers (including Nurse while blinking) are faster than survivors. You cannot just out-speed a killer out of a chase indefinitely.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165289#Comment_2165289

    I have about 20 people in a personal Discord who play DBD... Being an adult means people have responsibilities. We don't all go to school and get home at the same time.

    Also, anyone who says "just don't get caught" loses all credibility. The fact that you say that tells me you either only play Killer, or just not at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165290#Comment_2165290

    Honestly, never thought of that. It sounds like a really good idea! That would be perfect!

    Grabs in general are very buggy, so replacing it with exposed would work out nicely. And increasing the animation time would make people more likely to get caught in the act of farming and even prevent the possible trolling that could come from a kicking mechanic.

    Thank you for actually reading the post and having enough brain power to process it maturely.

    Much appreciated! :)

    more excuses, mr excuse maker.

  • Yeah, but you do know who has BT after you've been unhooked. This is why you should play it out instead of killing yourself as some sort of angsty protest.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    That's just a bad save not farming, Survivors lose points if your immediately downed again.

    They still get 1k. The only miss out on the extra 500 for a safe unhook. And, more often than not, it's not a bad save from ranks 10-1.

    More lack of contribution I see. Very insightful.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165713#Comment_2165713

    They still get 1k. The only miss out on the extra 500 for a safe unhook. And, more often than not, it's not a bad save from ranks 10-1.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165728#Comment_2165728

    More lack of contribution I see. Very insightful.

    more excuses i see. so very productive on improving yourself

  • @malloymk said:

    Yeah, but you do know who has BT after you've been unhooked. This is why you should play it out instead of killing yourself as some sort of angsty protest.

    Like I said above, the devs should make it so that survivors can see each other's loadouts before the match starts like on mobile. And/or, give us a HUD icon if someone is saving us with BT.

    If everyone who did this had BT, I wouldn't have made the post.

  • @LilCrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165751#Comment_2165751

    more excuses i see. so very productive on improving yourself

    Let's start your contribution here.

    Please tell me, oh enlightened one, how I can "improve myself" when someone farms me off the hook against my will. I'll wait.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165752#Comment_2165752

    Let's start your contribution here.

    Please tell me, oh enlightened one, how I can "improve myself" when someone farms me off the hook against my will. I'll wait.

    by all means. wait.

    while you wait. you might as well IMPROVE yourself, by not making more excuses

  • @Zixology said:

    Someone sees me being camped on the hook (still quite common), and they bum rush it and unhook me in the killer's face, only to get me downed again.

    Before the struggle change, I could just let go, die, and the farmer would get downed as consequence for their actions.

    Now, there's nothing I can do about it.

    Like I've said before, we NEED a way to kick people away from the hook to prevent this. Yeah yeah... "It'll cause trolling" Not as much as the farming that's going on.

    Someone not letting you unhook them when the killer is nowhere nearby? Leave them!

    Someone trying to farm you off the hook? Too f-ing bad.

    How about, stop trying to leave the game the moment it stops going your way? You should be the one who is banned for leaving games or suicide on hook.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165744#Comment_2165744

    Like I said above, the devs should make it so that survivors can see each other's loadouts before the match starts like on mobile. And/or, give us a HUD icon if someone is saving us with BT.

    If everyone who did this had BT, I wouldn't have made the post.

    It would be nice to have more info.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165256#Comment_2165256

    Found the guy who farms people off hooks.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165258#Comment_2165258

    People have different schedules my guy. Plus, how does getting farmed off the hook against my will mean I'm bad. I'd love to hear your explanation for that one.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165260#Comment_2165260

    People farming others off the hook in the killer's face isn't good for the game. There's no way to convince me that you're right. It's flat out griefing and is even reportable. Problem there is that reporting people doesn't do anything.

    As I understand it: Farming someone off a hook isn't greifing, and it (probably) isn't reportable.


    Playing the game poorly isn't against the rules, it plays back to the theory of the game being player agency, where the player gets to decide if they want to be a team player, or out for themselves. They can choose to save you when they like, or they can even choose to let you die on hook. Farming is selfish and strategically unwise, but not against the rules


    Them bodyblocking you in a corner for a significant amount of time, thats greifing and reportable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If they're camping hook and you dont want your team to save you then you realize your dead right? And you get 0 bp cause you did nothing that game.

    Guess you didn't read the post then... at all.

    @Palkia123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165709#Comment_2165709

    I'm sorry, but that's a terrible idea, there would be so much perk synergy going around it'd just be the perfect team every game

    It works pretty well for the mobile version without causing issues. Plus it would be a good buff to solo survivors without at all buffing SWF.

    @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247638/what-are-we-supposed-to-do-against-farming-now

    How about, stop trying to leave the game the moment it stops going your way? You should be the one who is banned for leaving games or suicide on hook.

    You do realize that you're promoting farming someone off the hook, right? Something that is bannable under the griefing section.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165774#Comment_2165774

    Guess you didn't read the post then... at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165779#Comment_2165779

    It works pretty well for the mobile version without causing issues. Plus it would be a good buff to solo survivors without at all buffing SWF.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165783#Comment_2165783

    You do realize that you're promoting farming someone off the hook, right? Something that is bannable under the griefing section.

    No, i'm promoting you all getting banned for leaving the game before it is finished like literally every other team based multiplayer game. You can report and punish farming separately.

  • you clearly dont know what it feels like to get unhooked in the killers face and pay for your teammates action

  • there is a reason ds/unbreakable is meta. i know having to waste an entire perk slot just to be able to play the game is boring, but its the most you can do

  • The fact that hook suiciding is discouraged with this new struggle system is good in my opinion. But hook farming is a problem yes, though I would argue if someone wanted to farm you off the hook with the old struggle mechanic, they'd very likely do it before you can actually suicide after the animation.

    Kicking a survivor away from you when hooked could work. I do fear it could be abused though, even unintentionally, when the hooked survivor doesn't realise the survivor coming for them despitte the killer nearby is their last hope. Or they don't know that the survivor who is unhooking them has Borrowed Time. And of course there is the problem with trolling, although I could see that problem decreasing after like the first week or so. Still, there are survivor players that can get ticked off by anything, so they'll resort to griefing. Wasting survivors time by having them come run all the way over to you and then not letting them unhook you can screw over the entire survivor team.

    So I'm kind of torn on this idea. A much simpler way to try and discourage hook farming would be to award survivors with no Bloodpoints for the unhook actions, and instead award them all the Bloodpoints once it's a safe unhook.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    I think hook interactions would need a few changes to make this work. Otherwise it would be a mess with trying to prioritize kicking away, unhooking, cancelling unhook, and killer grabbing all at the same instance.

    1. Remove cancel unhook ability- this is already super glitch and inconsistent. Survivor has to commit to unhooking

    2. Remove killer unhook- also a big part of the glitches. Replace with unhook survivor being exposed during the animation only.

    3. Lengthen unhook process- this would allow both the person on hook and the killer to respond properly. It's a bit too fast to respond while on hook tbh. Make it maybe 2 or 3 seconds? I believe it's 1 now

    This would be awful in my opinion, since having survivors exposed while unhooking and increasing the unhook animation time would be a huge buff to camping killers, and that's the last thing this game needs. It would be nearly impossible to unhook a survivor against a killer who is camping, because the survivor unhooking would just go down immediately and not even be able to unhook the other survivor.

    I don't even want to imagine that.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165290#Comment_2165290

    This would be awful in my opinion, since having survivors exposed while unhooking and increasing the unhook animation time would be a huge buff to camping killers, and that's the last thing this game needs. It would be nearly impossible to unhook a survivor against a killer who is camping, because the survivor unhooking would just go down immediately and not even be able to unhook the other survivor.

    I don't even want to imagine that.

    With that though the survivor on hook could kick the unhooker away to cancel the animation though making the unhooker no longer exposed.

    Right now grab essentially doesn't work because of how glitchy it all is. I dont see hook denying working if the animation window stays as short as it is tbh

‹ 1 2