What are we supposed to do against farming now?

Someone sees me being camped on the hook (still quite common), and they bum rush it and unhook me in the killer's face, only to get me downed again.

Before the struggle change, I could just let go, die, and the farmer would get downed as consequence for their actions.

Now, there's nothing I can do about it.


Like I've said before, we NEED a way to kick people away from the hook to prevent this. Yeah yeah... "It'll cause trolling" Not as much as the farming that's going on.

Someone not letting you unhook them when the killer is nowhere nearby? Leave them!

Someone trying to farm you off the hook? Too f-ing bad.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165236#Comment_2165236

    Umm no. I'm not going to be happy that you're farming me for points in front of the killer.

    So, if you have the ability, you would just kick the survivor that tries to rescue you from a camping killer, highly likly dooming him for a down. So, if afterwards you realize he had bt and you did him wrong, what compensation should he get?

    Also, if the killer camps you and there is no way to unhook you savely, are you staying in the game as long as you can if noone comes for you?

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165968#Comment_2165968

    With that though the survivor on hook could kick the unhooker away to cancel the animation though.

    Right now grab essentially doesn't work because of how glitchy it all is. I dont see hook denying working if the animation window stays as short as it is tbh

    I mean, I think there is enough time to press unhook denying in the right time. If anything though, they should then just implement it so holding the unhook denying button prevents survivors from unhooking. Butt increasing the time to unhook a survivor is not a good idea. It was decreased for a reason. If you then add to that survivors getting exposed while unhooking, and camping killers will have no problem at defending a hook at all anymore. It would be broken. With those changes, it would be pretty much impossible for the camping killer to not hit the unhooking survivor while they unhook for like 2 or 3 seconds, which would then end in an instant down. Not to mention that the killer wouldn't even have to drop the survivor in order to just slug them and keep on camping the hook.

    I sure would stop playing survivor if I knew that the game was 100% over for me as soon as I get camped. We definitely can not make it even easier for killers to camp someone.

  • @Zixology said:

    Someone sees me being camped on the hook (still quite common), and they bum rush it and unhook me in the killer's face, only to get me downed again.

    Before the struggle change, I could just let go, die, and the farmer would get downed as consequence for their actions.

    Now, there's nothing I can do about it.

    Like I've said before, we NEED a way to kick people away from the hook to prevent this. Yeah yeah... "It'll cause trolling" Not as much as the farming that's going on.

    Someone not letting you unhook them when the killer is nowhere nearby? Leave them!

    Someone trying to farm you off the hook? Too f-ing bad.

    Maybe play the game?

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165983#Comment_2165983

    I mean, I think there is enough time to press unhook denying in the right time. If anything though, they should then just implement it so holding the unhook denying button prevents survivors from unhooking. Butt increasing the time to unhook a survivor is not a good idea. It was decreased for a reason. If you then add to that survivors getting exposed while unhooking, and camping killers will have no problem at defending a hook at all anymore. It would be broken. With those changes, it would be pretty much impossible for the camping killer to not hit the unhooking survivor while they unhook for like 2 or 3 seconds, which would then end in an instant down. Not to mention that the killer wouldn't even have to drop the survivor in order to just slug them and keep on camping the hook.

    I sure would stop playing survivor if I knew that the game was 100% over for me as soon as I get camped. We definitely can not make it even easier for killers to camp someone.

    Yeah I could see holding a button down before a survivor tries to unhook working. I would still want to do away with the whole grab mechanic due to inconsistencies and replace with exposed, even if the window stayed the same.

    Camping killers do suck and I'd like more counterplay to camping but that's somewhat of a seperate issue imo.

  • Gotta admit, as a solo queuer I'll make bad rescues just for dailies and such. Getting kicked away would stop me from doing that.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166018#Comment_2166018

    Yeah I could see holding a button down before a survivor tries to unhook working. I would still want to do away with the whole grab mechanic due to inconsistencies and replace with exposed, even if the window stayed the same.

    Camping killers do suck and I'd like more counterplay to camping but that's somewhat of a seperate issue imo.

    Fair enough, but as long as camping isn't somehow nerfed heavily, making survivors exposed while unhooking is not an option in my opinion.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166084#Comment_2166084

    Fair enough, but as long as camping isn't somehow nerfed heavily, making survivors exposed while unhooking is not an option in my opinion.

    Yeah maybe a camped survivor could get a much higher chance to unhook and have a built in BT like effect?

  • There's WAY too many survivors that unhook someone while they're mid-chase without BT so the killer will down the survivor that was just unhooked while they dead hard away. I think there should be a higher penalty for unsafe unhooks. I think unhooking should reward minimal blood points and that once it has registered as a safe unhook is when the player receives a large amount of BP.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165239#Comment_2165239

    So, if you have the ability, you would just kick the survivor that tries to rescue you from a camping killer, highly likly dooming him for a down. So, if afterwards you realize he had bt and you did him wrong, what compensation should he get?

    Also, if the killer camps you and there is no way to unhook you savely, are you staying in the game as long as you can if noone comes for you?

    This is a separate topic that I've brought up a lot before as well. BT should be a HUD element so that we know if someone has it. Also, if a survivor is getting camped, they should get X amount of distraction points for every gen completed since they are technically distracting the killer as there is currently no incentive to stay in the game if you're being camped. However, camping killers isn't the topic here.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    You want some entity to prevent unsafe unhooks.

    The other alternative is you dying on hook. Obviously you dont want to talk about that or consider that. Clearly I cant read.

    Yes. I do not want to be farmed. Why is that a hard concept? Why are people actually advocating for farming?

    Enlighten me on how players are supposed to do that if they're farmed off the hook.

    @ProfGameAndTalk said:

    Gotta admit, as a solo queuer I'll make bad rescues just for dailies and such. Getting kicked away would stop me from doing that.

    I ask then that you stop contributing to the problem. You can easily get hook saves without farming.

  • @bm33 said:

    There's WAY too many survivors that unhook someone while they're mid-chase without BT so the killer will down the survivor that was just unhooked while they dead hard away. I think there should be a higher penalty for unsafe unhooks. I think unhooking should reward minimal blood points and that once it has registered as a safe unhook is when the player receives a large amount of BP.

    That's also a good way of doing it.

    I'd even go as far to say that you shouldn't get ANY points until it's a safe unhook.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166177#Comment_2166177

    That's also a good way of doing it.

    I'd even go as far to say that you shouldn't get ANY points until it's a safe unhook.

    @AssassinZodiac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166177#Comment_2166177

    I agree with this. There should be a lot higher bloodpoint penalty for unsafe unhooks. Then the farming issues would resolve itself over time with minimal effort. At least in green ranks and above. Yellow ranks will always farm each other no matter what in my opinion, due to inexperience and ignorance of correct plays.

    It's something I noticed with farming players, when you look at end screen it's a "#########, how did they get so many blood points??" and it's because unhooks gave them a ton of BP even though they weren't safe AND they're getting escape chase points. It's easy BP for them. Remove the easy BP from farming and it'll atleast cut down on it.

    Also I would say make it so altruism emblem won't go past bronze if they have multiple unsafe unhooks in a game. Similar to how if you're hooked once you can't get iridescent in survival. If someone unsafe unhooks players more than twice in a match they can't get more than bronze in that category.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166143#Comment_2166143

    Yeah maybe a camped survivor could get a much higher chance to unhook and have a built in BT like effect?

    I honestly don't know what they could do. Decreasing the bleedout timer speed if the killer is close would be one idea as well, but that would need to take other aspects, such as not working when the killer is in a chase or a survivor is within that radius of the hooked survivor, into account as well.

    The problem with the exposed effect is that the camping killer could easily prevent the survivor from even unhooking, meaning the camped survivor would remain on the hook while the killer now also has another survivor downed that he just slugs.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166147#Comment_2166147

    I honestly don't know what they could do. Decreasing the bleedout timer speed if the killer is close would be one idea as well, but that would need to take other aspects, such as not working when the killer is in a chase or a survivor is within that radius of the hooked survivor, into account as well.

    The problem with the exposed effect is that the camping killer could easily prevent the survivor from even unhooking, meaning the camped survivor would remain on the hook while the killer now also has another survivor downed that he just slugs.

    Yeah that all is true and i can agree with a lot of this. I do think something should be done about the grabs though but I don't know what is the best solution honestly

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166189#Comment_2166189

    Not advocating for farming. Its advocating for your survivors life. If you dont want to be farmed then you team will do gens and not save you. You get no points. rip. Simple.

    Kindred

    DS

    Camaraderie

    Etc.

    I'd rather die on first hook than let someone farm me for points. It's just scummy to do that and we all know it.

    None of those perks help against farming.

    Kindred will just give info. If they wanna farm you, they still will.

    DS won't even proc until AFTER they already farmed you.

    Camaraderie will be wasted because they farmed you.

    Etc is nothing.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166231#Comment_2166231

    I'd rather die on first hook than let someone farm me for points. It's just scummy to do that and we all know it.

    None of those perks help against farming.

    Kindred will just give info. If they wanna farm you, they still will.

    DS won't even proc until AFTER they already farmed you.

    Camaraderie will be wasted because they farmed you.

    Etc is nothing.

    Don't farm me so I can suicide, right?

    Sometimes it has to be done and there is no other option.

    If you're complaining about being farmed off a hook you're most likely a detriment to the team anyway.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166008#Comment_2166008

    This is a separate topic that I've brought up a lot before as well. BT should be a HUD element so that we know if someone has it. Also, if a survivor is getting camped, they should get X amount of distraction points for every gen completed since they are technically distracting the killer as there is currently no incentive to stay in the game if you're being camped. However, camping killers isn't the topic here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166039#Comment_2166039

    Yes. I do not want to be farmed. Why is that a hard concept? Why are people actually advocating for farming?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166061#Comment_2166061

    Enlighten me on how players are supposed to do that if they're farmed off the hook.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166101#Comment_2166101

    I ask then that you stop contributing to the problem. You can easily get hook saves without farming.

    Ohh you mean farmed off hook I'm dumb sorry I thought you meant farming bp I didn't read

  • Agreed. Since you need to fail 2 skillchecks to die, at least make skill checks appear faster.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166008#Comment_2166008

    This is a separate topic that I've brought up a lot before as well. BT should be a HUD element so that we know if someone has it. Also, if a survivor is getting camped, they should get X amount of distraction points for every gen completed since they are technically distracting the killer as there is currently no incentive to stay in the game if you're being camped. However, camping killers isn't the topic here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166039#Comment_2166039

    Yes. I do not want to be farmed. Why is that a hard concept? Why are people actually advocating for farming?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166061#Comment_2166061

    Enlighten me on how players are supposed to do that if they're farmed off the hook.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166101#Comment_2166101

    I ask then that you stop contributing to the problem. You can easily get hook saves without farming.

    Nope, I will not stop farming hook saves. When I get a garbage daily to expose four people with Ghostface I'm going to hit the trashcan to get a new daily. When the new daily is to get three unhooks with Feng, I'm gonna get the three unhooks as fast as I can so I can go right back to my super-fine Kate skin.

  • It most certainly is. No where did I say it wasn't. Stop imagining things.

    @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166240#Comment_2166240

    Don't farm me so I can suicide, right?

    Sometimes it has to be done and there is no other option.

    If you're complaining about being farmed off a hook you're most likely a detriment to the team anyway.

    Imagine advocating for farming people... ffs

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Killing yourself on hook is a pretty unhealthy way to react to a teammate unhooking you near the killer and given that you apparently do that I'm pretty happy it's harder to do that now lol. For all you know they're running BT and they decided they'd rather trade with you than let you struggle.

    This is why I've been wanting a HUD element to tell when someone has BT and/or let all survivors see each other's loadouts in the lobby screen.

  • Don't think this would work. Why? If they're in a swf they would have their buddies get them WGLF stacks. Everyone deserves an equal chance and honestly I don't see sand bagging as big issue from my experience maybe low ranks.

  • I am going to remind everyone in here to keep the discussion civil and respectful; its gotten out of hand a few times, and I know you can discuss this without resorting to insulting the commenter!

  • @Unifall said:

    Don't think this would work. Why? If they're in a swf they would have their buddies get them WGLF stacks. Everyone deserves an equal chance and honestly I don't see sand bagging as big issue from my experience maybe low ranks.

    This is irrelevant. You don't get stacks for farming people.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166396#Comment_2166396

    This is irrelevant. You don't get stacks for farming people.

    You wont get stacks at all with this idea.

  • You will if you don't farm.

  • @EQWashu said:

    I am going to remind everyone in here to keep the discussion civil and respectful; its gotten out of hand a few times, and I know you can discuss this without resorting to insulting the commenter!

    It would be helpful to take the issue of getting farmed back to the devs to see if they have any ideas on how to fix this issue.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165178#Comment_2165178

    ######### does this have to do with "defending the hook"?

    I want to punish people who run up and unhook me in the killer's face. What the hell are you on about?

    The killer wants you to give up and die. You're only making the killers job easier and hurting your fellow survivors. Not all of them are farming you for points, two are off doing something else, and even the one who is trying to rescue you right in front of the killer may be naïve enough to think they're actually helping.

    All in all, getting farmed doesn't hurt you any more than just dying on hook anyway, so why not let yourself get rescued? There's a chance, albeit small, that you'll escape.

1 2 ›