LGBTQ survivor/killer when?

I really wish dbe would hurry up with the character. Weve gotten so much hetero representation, why not the LGBTQ community too? Its been almost a year, and oh boy is BHVR taking their time.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161193#Comment_2161193

    My opinion isn't an attack on you. Anyways, much like most people, I'm just gonna back away from this now. It's not worth it.

    Don't come into a discussion, call the people discussing it cringe, then back away when people don't like being called cringe??

  • @Lunarknight said:

    Imagine caring about a fictional characters sexual preference

    Imagine caring about what other people care about

    Don't you have something to do. That, you know, you actually care about?

    Or is it that you do care and like most others you try and use a mask of indifference to hide your distaste for the idea?

  • I want pride charms now :(

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    I want pride charms now :(

    Oh you will be pleasantly surprised (probably some time in June)

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    As a gay person myself, whenever these topics come up I just cringe and want to crawl under a rock and hide.

    Gay people get hooked and die the same way as straight people. A gay sociopathic killer is just as murder-y. I couldn't care less to have "representation" in the pool of people running for their lives from a chainsaw wielding freak.

    I'm so sick of the militant push by a small minority of people to shove to rainbow into everything lol.

    Thank you for having your mind in the right place. I just wish others could share in your ability to use logic.

  • How many times are we gonna talk about this tired and dead topic? The same answer comes about every. Single. Time.

    JUST WAIT

  • Considering this thread is for people to express their support for a LGBTQ+ character in DBD, I’m not sure why those of you coming in here specifically to cause an argument get mad when we defend our position. If sexuality doesn’t matter to you, that’s your perspective, but that doesn’t give you the right to invalidate how we feel.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161213#Comment_2161213

    Don't come into a discussion, call the people discussing it cringe, then back away when people don't like being called cringe??

    I didn't call YOU cringe. I said these topics sometimes make me cringe.

    But you want the truth? I find people get overly hostile in these convos. And that's the problem. If anyone pushes back, or God forbid, questions the Rainbow they get inundated with accusations and venom. And yeah, it makes me cringe because I feel people should be able to speak freely without a woke mob coming for them.

    I know I'm a bad Gay who indulged in wrong think, so I'll just sit back and wait for the bombardment of outrage.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161221#Comment_2161221

    Nah, they haven't given out release dates too much in advance precisely because they learned from their mistakes. Or did you mean something else?

    Sorry, not wasting my time with you.

  • You know what I find funny? The people who very much do not care even a little bit about sexuality or gender identity in video games going through 12 pages of comments to upvote all the randoms who are also swearing they don't care.

    If you didn't actually care you wouldn't have clicked on this thread at all.

  • I'd imagine something like this.

    Trickster, what is your sexual orientation?

    "Knife."

    No, who do you like?

    "Victims."

    No, like what turns you on?

    "Screaming."

  • @Bard said:

    I'd imagine something like this.

    Trickster, what is your sexual orientation?

    "Knife."

    No, who do you like?

    "Victims."

    No, like what turns you on?

    "Screaming."

    We stan that asexual rep

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    You know what I find funny? The people who very much do not care even a little bit about sexuality or gender identity in video games going through 12 pages of comments to upvote all the randoms who are also swearing they don't care.

    If you didn't actually care you wouldn't have clicked on this thread at all.

    @brokedownpalace said:

    You know what I find funny? The people who very much do not care even a little bit about sexuality or gender identity in video games going through 12 pages of comments to upvote all the randoms who are also swearing they don't care.

    If you didn't actually care you wouldn't have clicked on this thread at all.

    Period. There’s plenty of other threads for them to go into, but they seem to be obsessed with this one out of them all. Pretty telling.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    While I agree with the first half of what you're saying, trying to make someone's sexual orientation into a basic political issue is part of the problem.

    Being LGBT isn't political. Our lives-- who we are-- is not a political issue. It's just our lives.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160089#Comment_2160089

    But this isn't a game where that matters.

    None of the lore "matters", yet people only seem to complain about it when it's LGBT people asking for equal treatment. Curious.

    They're saving it for the dating sim.

  • As so it was homophobic okay bestie

    20210504_022158.jpg


  • Why is this even a debate? There's no valid argument against adding someone LGBT.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161269#Comment_2161269

    Oh you will be pleasantly surprised (probably some time in June)

    Incoming? Would be great to see bhvr go a bit beyond the usual show of support and make a bit of money for relevant charities for some premium cosmetics too tbh; that would be absolutely amazing.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161243#Comment_2161243

    I didn't call YOU cringe. I said these topics sometimes make me cringe.

    But you want the truth? I find people get overly hostile in these convos. And that's the problem. If anyone pushes back, or God forbid, questions the Rainbow they get inundated with accusations and venom. And yeah, it makes me cringe because I feel people should be able to speak freely without a woke mob coming for them.

    I know I'm a bad Gay who indulged in wrong think, so I'll just sit back and wait for the bombardment of outrage.

    From this post alone, it seems like you might be the cringe one my guy.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161243#Comment_2161243

    I didn't call YOU cringe. I said these topics sometimes make me cringe.

    But you want the truth? I find people get overly hostile in these convos. And that's the problem. If anyone pushes back, or God forbid, questions the Rainbow they get inundated with accusations and venom. And yeah, it makes me cringe because I feel people should be able to speak freely without a woke mob coming for them.

    I know I'm a bad Gay who indulged in wrong think, so I'll just sit back and wait for the bombardment of outrage.

    But you want the truth? I find people get overly hostile in these convos. And that's the problem. If anyone pushes back, or God forbid, questions the Rainbow they get inundated with accusations and venom. And yeah, it makes me cringe because I feel people should be able to speak freely without a woke mob coming for them.

    I just want to ask- what arguments do you have against adding lgbtq+ representation into DBD, or media in general? Are there any arguments against it, or do you just not like it through some gut feeling?

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161282#Comment_2161282

    From this post alone, it seems like you might be the cringe one my guy.

    Probably!

  • @Satelit said:

    Why is this even a debate? There's no valid argument against adding someone LGBT.

    Exactly, I don't get the point of arguing for something that is bound to come. Sure its not now, but it will come later. I may not be able to speak up for the LGBT but what I can say is that you know what I'm waiting for an Autism speaks charm. Everyone has a right to express themselves, whether they are LGBT+. Autistic, etc.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161270#Comment_2161270

    Incoming? Would be great to see bhvr go a bit beyond the usual show of support and make a bit of money for relevant charities for some premium cosmetics too tbh; that would be absolutely amazing.

    I would love something like their charity case DLC! Maybe with community made pride cosmetics, that would be cool!

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161295#Comment_2161295

    So you like to kill babies?

    See? What i said has absolutely no sense. You dont know the context behind that, so please talk with your virtual girlfriend, and get away from stuff that is not your business. Good day

    virtual girlfriend

    Okay which part of me saying that I had a boyfriend earlier wasn't clear?

    So you like to kill babies? See? What i said has absolutely no sense.

    No, not particularly. That holds no relevance to the current conversation, however. As you admitted.

    Difference being, what I said does have relevance to the conversation, as you were calling the inclusion of lgbtq+ characters "a mistake". Which, ngl, kinda textbook homophobia.

    image.png


  • @Satelit said:

    Why is this even a debate? There's no valid argument against adding someone LGBT.

    bUt It DoEsNt FiT dBd So CrInGe ItS pAnDeRiNg

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161320#Comment_2161320

    virtual girlfriend

    Okay which part of me saying that I had a boyfriend earlier wasn't clear?

    So you like to kill babies? See? What i said has absolutely no sense.

    No, not particularly. That holds no relevance to the current conversation, however. As you admitted.

    Difference being, what I said does have relevance to the conversation, as you were calling the inclusion of lgbtq+ characters "a mistake". Which, ngl, kinda textbook homophobia.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1H4EPF0YCZO0/image.png

    Someone on the internet who i dont know and im not gonna see in my life called me homophobic. Im crying right now believe me or not. Im unistalling fortnite.

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161344#Comment_2161344

    Someone on the internet who i dont know and im not gonna see in my life called me homophobic. Im crying right now believe me or not. Im unistalling fortnite.

    i really wasn't aiming to make you cry- apologies. i'll try and be nicer in future, but it's difficult when youre a bigot :karutcDonkerydoo:

  • @miketheratguy said:

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    I understand where you're coming from, but a person's sexuality is not political. It's who they are. Please don't conflate the two things because that is very insulting to people who are part of a minority group.

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160018#Comment_2160018

    Nurse and wraith are a comfimed couple. Theres a few others i cant remember, but yeah

    that's cute

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160062#Comment_2160062

    He doesn't. In the films (the original ones, the remakes don't count) it's made clear that he's severely mentally impaired and doesn't understand most things. In the original movie there's a scene of him shown panicking not understanding why random hippies are even showing up at his home. There's nothing deliberately "trans" about Bubba any more than the Three Stooges dressing in drag made them trans.

    Everything has to mean something nowadays. Everything has to have a label. Everyone has to "stand" for something or be espousing some kind of personal beliefs. This is a game where killers kill survivors. The lore is great but if it starts going "woke" and politically correct for the sake of making everybody happy it's going to have the opposite effect.

    If I, as a white male, can play as Meg in this game and enjoy myself, or play as Franklin or CJ in Grand Theft Auto and enjoy myself, it says to me that I don't need a character to represent ME and whatever I may happen to believe in in order to enjoy the game. That's how it should be. It's a video game.

    The point (which I suspect other posters have already made, I haven't finished reading through all the pages yet) which you yourself have unwittingly demonstrated, is that you, as a straight white male, do not feel the need for representation in a game because you are already heavily represented in all aspects of society. So you can play as someone 'not you' and for you it's no big deal. But it is a big deal for others who don't see themselves represented as freely. Check your privilege.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161270#Comment_2161270

    Incoming? Would be great to see bhvr go a bit beyond the usual show of support and make a bit of money for relevant charities for some premium cosmetics too tbh; that would be absolutely amazing.

    It would be great if they did cosmetic packs like they did with Charity Case where the proceeds go to specific charities. McLean has bunch of cosmetics that were never "officially" released, think he said they were supposed to be part of cosmetic pack and then removed before release or something. They could take those extra cosmetics and put them in to raise money for charities.

  • It makes me laugh when people are like "iDk wHy iT's iMpoRtaNt" yet Nurse being mentioned that she has a husband wasn't important either

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160132#Comment_2160132

    I mean no offence but as a straight, white male you've been represented almost all, if not all, of your life, so it'll be difficult to get why representation is important. Just know that it's not a political agenda, it's a biological fact of people's lives.

    And, honestly, I mean this in the nicest possible way but your opinion doesn't hold much sway in this discussion for the facts mentioned above. Because you've been represented your entire life.

    To people with privilege, equality feels like oppression. They are fragile because they have never had to fight just to be who they are, which is what makes people stronger.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160179#Comment_2160179

    Yes, As a straight while male I have been represented and "included" in most walks of life. You're not incorrect about this. Implying that this is somehow a wrong that I should be held responsible for, as some of the rhetoric in this thread has done, isn't quite fair.

    Let me be perfectly clear here: I have nothing, NOTHING against gays, trans, or anyone else who is not straight. If any of you actually knew me you wouldn't be saying half the things that you are. It's not your obligation to understand, nor my obligation to explain. But the fact is that I don't care if the game has gays, Muslims, Democrats, Republicans, Christians, Atheists, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

    The only person I've seen here who seems to have an objective and neutral understanding of this discussion is Pulsar. My argument can be summarized in one sentence, which he did very eloquently (and I paraphrase) : I have nothing against certain types of characters being in this game. I just don't want them there to check boxes.

    As for the comment that I am homophobic, based on nothing about me other than the argument that I don't agree with using aggression and insults to shame someone into "diversity" and "inclusion" (a comment which I see has been deleted, by the way), that was absolutely uncalled for. Tell me: Did I use the "f" word to describe any of you, simply because I didn't like the points I thought YOU were making?

    "Implying that this is somehow a wrong that I should be held responsible for, as some of the rhetoric in this thread has done"

    Really? I'd love to see the examples of that. You're not a victim here, I'm not sure why you're acting like one?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161307#Comment_2161307

    I would love something like their charity case DLC! Maybe with community made pride cosmetics, that would be cool!

    This would be amazing, make it happen bhvr <3

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161282#Comment_2161282

    But you want the truth? I find people get overly hostile in these convos. And that's the problem. If anyone pushes back, or God forbid, questions the Rainbow they get inundated with accusations and venom. And yeah, it makes me cringe because I feel people should be able to speak freely without a woke mob coming for them.

    I just want to ask- what arguments do you have against adding lgbtq+ representation into DBD, or media in general? Are there any arguments against it, or do you just not like it through some gut feeling?

    If this was a genuine question, I'll try and answer it the best I can.

    Of course, I have nothing against adding someone non-hetero into games/media. Why would I? My issue is how it sometimes comes about and how it reflects on the gay community. I personally don't think sexual orientation is relevant in DBD. But when the topic comes up in situations like this, anyone who states anything against the notion of suddenly making sexual orientation relevant, often gets met with anger, insults and false accusations of bigotry/homophobia etc.

    These topics make me wince sometimes because I don't like seeing regular people who are not homophobic in the slightest labeled as such dishonestly because they have an opinion someone doesn't like. It makes the whole discussion of inclusion hostile, and makes people resentful when it's brought up in the future.

    So I can understand why some gay people would like to see more characters that *just happen to be gay/bi etc*. I would too, but I'd like to see this come about authentically. Like a show/game that was written that way originally. I think people have issues when it's forced into things largely irrelevant because it can come across as a political demand by the mob. Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is very politically charged these days whether we like it or not- and a lot of us just want hobbies where we don't have to think about politics.

    I've been writing this intermittently so if it's not perfectly coherent, sorry!

  • @Elena said:

    As a gay man, I hope they do it right.

    A nice nod to their sexuality in their backstory would make me abundantly happy, nothing big, nothing that defines that character, just a glance at their sexuality i.e "his/her/their boyfriend etc".

    This would be good. A mention in a background. Perfect. I'm just always afraid that when they try to add such a thing, people are never happy. Either the character *looks too gay*. Or *doesn't look gay enough*.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161197#Comment_2161197

    This would be good. A mention in a background. Perfect. I'm just always afraid that when they try to add such a thing, people are never happy. Either the character *looks too gay*. Or *doesn't look gay enough*.

    Well, I for one, would love a 4 man SWF dressed like the village people.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161060#Comment_2161060

    Given that the non-heterosexual stuff, just like the heterosexual stuff, will be in the lore, why did you feel the need to say this?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160091#Comment_2160091

    It will literally not affect you, you will not "see" anything unless you go out of your way to read the lore (that you claim not to care about).

    This goes back to what I said: nobody cares about the lore until it might have non-heterosexual references. Then it's a huge ######### deal.

    I said that I don't care either way. I thought I was super clear about the fact that a character's sexuality in this game doesn't bother me one way or the other because it's not something that I really think about.

    I feel like I there's just no way I can win here. I tried.

  • I dont really care whether a char is gay or not, as long as it isnt the central aspect of their personality. Tbh i couldn't care less what they mention in their lore, because i dont read that stuff anyway and as long as they dont run around waving a rainbow flag in game im totally fine with any backstory being created for them that represent these ppl. I can see why people care about this, i can see why people are against it. Generally hate oversexualization of characters tho.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161318#Comment_2161318

    If this was a genuine question, I'll try and answer it the best I can.

    Of course, I have nothing against adding someone non-hetero into games/media. Why would I? My issue is how it sometimes comes about and how it reflects on the gay community. I personally don't think sexual orientation is relevant in DBD. But when the topic comes up in situations like this, anyone who states anything against the notion of suddenly making sexual orientation relevant, often gets met with anger, insults and false accusations of bigotry/homophobia etc.

    These topics make me wince sometimes because I don't like seeing regular people who are not homophobic in the slightest labeled as such dishonestly because they have an opinion someone doesn't like. It makes the whole discussion of inclusion hostile, and makes people resentful when it's brought up in the future.

    So I can understand why some gay people would like to see more characters that *just happen to be gay/bi etc*. I would too, but I'd like to see this come about authentically. Like a show/game that was written that way originally. I think people have issues when it's forced into things largely irrelevant because it can come across as a political demand by the mob. Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is very politically charged these days whether we like it or not- and a lot of us just want hobbies where we don't have to think about politics.

    I've been writing this intermittently so if it's not perfectly coherent, sorry!

    yeah, I was genuinely curious so thanks for the reply.

    But when the topic comes up in situations like this, anyone who states anything against the notion of suddenly making sexual orientation relevant, often gets met with anger, insults and false accusations of bigotry/homophobia etc.

    The accusations of homophobia without, ya know, actual homophobia (such as "Don't add gay people that's a mistake" or "I do NOT want to see an LGBT. I even have a reason. LGBT propaganda is a CRIME in Russia. Go on, say [BAD WORD] but won't care.") I agree is a bit far, but just in terms of going aginast not making it relevant- it already is relevant thanks to David and Felix and Nurse and Frank and Julie. Especially Frank/Julie.

    So I can understand why some gay people would like to see more characters that *just happen to be gay/bi etc*. I would too, but I'd like to see this come about authentically. Like a show/game that was written that way originally. I think people have issues when it's forced into things largely irrelevant because it can come across as a political demand by the mob. Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is very politically charged these days whether we like it or not- and a lot of us just want hobbies where we don't have to think about politics.

    In terms of this, would you be okay if it was just a comment that got mentioned in passing. Like, "He was all alone- his friends had left him. Even his boyfriend was gone."? Because afaik that's what most people ask for and it seems like a fairly good solution. Or more like Nurse, where a relationship would be a large part of the lore but not a key integral bit?

    Just not Frank x Julie where the entire personality trait is gay, obviously.

    In terms of the politics thing, that's just frustrating. It shouldn't be political, and neither should race- they're just biological traits that people gotta deal with.

    But, yeah, thanks for the response :)

  • Looksie is pan and birtch is trans so poggers we literally just got them

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161603#Comment_2161603

    Well, I for one, would love a 4 man SWF dressed like the village people.


    100% agree with that inclusion.

    Also, I want Bubba to have a Lady Bunny skin


    Lady-Bunny-590x370.png


  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160597#Comment_2160597

    You make fair points, but near the end you kind of use having a negative opinion on something as equal to actively persecuting something.

    I'll give you a 100 percent true example of this. My fundamentalist Christian friend, who believes that all homosexuality is a sin and so forth, and voted against gay rights / gay marriage, has opinions that I don't share. He's a good guy - he's responsible, cares greatly for his family, counsels people in need, etc. But he has opinions that are against the gay community. People are three dimensional and I won't hate him for his feelings on the subject even if I think that they're extremely ignorant and judgmental.

    Meanwhile, I also had a friend who I believe was trans. I met both of these people while on the THQ forums where I eventually worked for a while. They didn't talk to each other much, they were two names in a sea of names in a very large community. But I became close online friends with both - the Christian (so named not to shame him, but because I'm withholding real names) and I developed a love / hate heated rivalry with each other because we're extremely opinionated people who disagree on a great many things, but who respect the hell out of each other for other things as well. The trans girl (I never got confirmation but always believed) simply looked up to me a great deal because I was a leader of the forum for a while.

    Long story short, she saw some of the comments that the Christian made and was irate about them. She found them hurtful, stopping just short of saying that they were insulting to herself and her lifestyle. I explained that while I understood her position, and agreed with it, it was not our place to tell him that his beliefs were wrong. We didn't live his life, we weren't raised in his household. We didn't read the books that he did, have the experiences that he had. Just because we ourselves agreed that homosexuality is not a sin doesn't mean that he doesn't have an equal right to believe that it is. It's not our place to tell him that he's wrong and has to change his worldview any more than it's his right to do the same to us.

    She was flabbergasted. She accused me of taking his side. I argued that no, I'm actually not taking anyone's side. It's a matter of moral relativism. Some people think that masturbation is a sin. Some people thing that certain words are evil. Some people thing that certain books should be banned. Some people think that certain things shouldn't be shown in movies. Who gets to decide these things? What makes someone the arbiter of how everyone else should feel about something? I explained to her that just because I thought the guy was wrong and ignorant in the expression of his beliefs, there is no fact that I am "right" to feel the way I do about mine. Is racism bad? In that it leads to harm, yes. Same with all forms of bigotry. But who am I to tell someone that they can't be racist? What if they spent their whole lives learning firsthand from terrible people that racism is justified? Who am I to tell that person that his beliefs aren't valid, that he has to agree with what I think is right? If someone hates a culture or ethnicity or species or movie or cartoon or color or food or type of car, what gives me the authority to tell them that no, they are wrong, and they have to feel the same way that I do because it's right? Isn't it presumptuous of me to act as if I know what this person's life was like and undermine everything they know just because I think that I'm good and they're bad? If I were to do that, how would I be any different than if he said that I'm a bad person for supporting homosexuality and that I should hate gay people otherwise there's something wrong with me and I'm going to hell?

    I feel that it's up to the individual - their upbringing, their home and family life, their formative years of development, their own personal feelings about who they are and what they think is right and wrong - to be shaped by their own lives. I feel that anyone should be allowed to hate who they want to hate, love who they want to love, be neutral to whatever they feel neutral about. It's when people start using their beliefs to hurt other people - to put them down, oppress them, interfere with their happiness, cause them harm, etc. - that the problems begin. In short, people have a profound number of differences, and part of successfully functioning in this world is to learn to accept those differences and not allow them to turn us into horrible people.

    In other words, as I've often said - what two consenting adults want to do behind closed doors doesn't raise my taxes, doesn't make my wait at McDonalds longer, doesn't cause me any physical harm. So why should I be bothered by it? But I have to be fair: At the same time, if someone hates those same people but doesn't otherwise cause them, or me, or anyone else any actual problems in life other than upset feelings and disagreement, why should I let that bother me either? I can't determine what's right for everybody, these are choices that they have to make for themselves. And two people who feel strongly opposed on various issues probably have reasons that, to them, make just as much sense as the other person's reasons make to them, too.

    The trans girl quit talking to me, which is a shame but it's her right. She decided that because I didn't fully oppose the Christian's right to have beliefs that differed from hers, and looked down upon her, then I must be as "bad" as he is. I simply tried to explain that I don't share his beliefs, I'm just not going to presume to tell him, or anyone else, that he has no right to have them.

    I can understand where you're coming from, but some things in life are just straight up right or wrong. I'm sure even serial killers are nice to their mothers - doesn't mean they are 'otherwise good people'.

    Hating someone for who they are because you don't agree with it due to religious indoctrination, cultural upbringing, or just plain ignorance is just fundamentally wrong and people who behave that way, and express those 'opinions' should be left for dust if they show absolutely no intention of evolving. Sometimes you just have to stand up and tell people they are straight up wrong and if they won't change they get out of your life. Obviously you will just see this as my opinion and take offense at being told that your opinion was wrong, but there are some things that really ARE that black or white.

    Your trans friend was right to drop you as a friend.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161070#Comment_2161070

    I said that I don't care either way. I thought I was super clear about the fact that a character's sexuality in this game doesn't bother me one way or the other because it's not something that I really think about.

    I feel like I there's just no way I can win here. I tried.

    Your actions don't match your words.

    People who are genuinely indifferent to something don't bother with it (see my analogy with what we do in science). They might take notice of the thing they don't care about, but they won't make however many comments you just made in this thread. For example, I noticed there's a thread titled "I am worried for BHVR.". From the title, I can probably guess what it's about, but I don't care, so I didn't even bother to click on it.

    If you truly didn't care, you would not be arguing this much. You wouldn't even have made a single comment. You'd have glossed over the thread entirely.

  • I would 100% pick up bubba as my main killer if they added this.

  • @NVerde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160646#Comment_2160646

    I can understand where you're coming from, but some things in life are just straight up right or wrong. I'm sure even serial killers are nice to their mothers - doesn't mean they are 'otherwise good people'.

    Hating someone for who they are because you don't agree with it due to religious indoctrination, cultural upbringing, or just plain ignorance is just fundamentally wrong and people who behave that way, and express those 'opinions' should be left for dust if they show absolutely no intention of evolving. Sometimes you just have to stand up and tell people they are straight up wrong and if they won't change they get out of your life. Obviously you will just see this as my opinion and take offense at being told that your opinion was wrong, but there are some things that really ARE that black or white.

    Your trans friend was right to drop you as a friend.

    Some of them even wear their mothers

  • @BadBunny said:

    I dont really care whether a char is gay or not, as long as it isnt the central aspect of their personality. Tbh i couldn't care less what they mention in their lore, because i dont read that stuff anyway and as long as they dont run around waving a rainbow flag in game im totally fine with any backstory being created for them that represent these ppl. I can see why people care about this, i can see why people are against it. Generally hate oversexualization of characters tho.

    wait till you hear about the pride flag charm

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161645#Comment_2161645

    Your actions don't match your words.

    People who are genuinely indifferent to something don't bother with it (see my analogy with what we do in science). They might take notice of the thing they don't care about, but they won't make however many comments you just made in this thread. For example, I noticed there's a thread titled "I am worried for BHVR.". From the title, I can probably guess what it's about, but I don't care, so I didn't even bother to click on it.

    If you truly didn't care, you would not be arguing this much. You wouldn't even have made a single comment. You'd have glossed over the thread entirely.

    The "I am worried for BHVR topic" is very nice, you'll be pleasantly surprised.,

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161318#Comment_2161318

    If this was a genuine question, I'll try and answer it the best I can.

    Of course, I have nothing against adding someone non-hetero into games/media. Why would I? My issue is how it sometimes comes about and how it reflects on the gay community. I personally don't think sexual orientation is relevant in DBD. But when the topic comes up in situations like this, anyone who states anything against the notion of suddenly making sexual orientation relevant, often gets met with anger, insults and false accusations of bigotry/homophobia etc.

    These topics make me wince sometimes because I don't like seeing regular people who are not homophobic in the slightest labeled as such dishonestly because they have an opinion someone doesn't like. It makes the whole discussion of inclusion hostile, and makes people resentful when it's brought up in the future.

    So I can understand why some gay people would like to see more characters that *just happen to be gay/bi etc*. I would too, but I'd like to see this come about authentically. Like a show/game that was written that way originally. I think people have issues when it's forced into things largely irrelevant because it can come across as a political demand by the mob. Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is very politically charged these days whether we like it or not- and a lot of us just want hobbies where we don't have to think about politics.

    I've been writing this intermittently so if it's not perfectly coherent, sorry!

    Sexuality is one of the most fitting things that can come into a horror themed game.

    It is not irrelevant because it's already a part of the game as background stories.

    This isn't something that's being forced here, surely if the developers wanted to put something LGBT related into the game just for the sake of it then we'd have something by now. It's literally been about a year since the announcement ( around that).

1 … 6 7 8 9 10 … 13