LGBTQ survivor/killer when?

I really wish dbe would hurry up with the character. Weve gotten so much hetero representation, why not the LGBTQ community too? Its been almost a year, and oh boy is BHVR taking their time.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Not trying to be a bigot, but why? Most characters and their backstories say nothing about their sexuality, for all we could know Trappy could be Bi.

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    Not trying to be a bigot, but why? Most characters and their backstories say nothing about their sexuality, for all we could know Trappy could be Bi.

    Nurse and wraith are a comfimed couple. Theres a few others i cant remember, but yeah

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    I really wish dbe would hurry up with the character. Weve gotten so much hetero representation, why not the LGBTQ community too? Its been almost a year, and oh boy is BHVR taking their time.

    As far as I know the sexual preferences for the various Survivors and Killers isn't specifically stated. There are one or two exceptions, like the Nurse who is married but for the most part BEhavior takes no stance (nor shows much interest) on where their fictional people fall. So you can apply whatever preferences YOU WANT to whomever you want and have whatever representation you require to be happy. Knock yourself out.

  • They can put me and my Homosexuall ass into the game. Would be perfect, and I could watch myself die slowly. It would be a win-win for everyone, except David, Felix, Wraith, and Oni who I would never leave alone.

  • @Dickslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247177/lgbtq-survivor-killer-when

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247177/lgbtq-survivor-killer-when

    Can you stop? It's a goddamn video game. Sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with it.

    Before you call me homophobic, just know that I'm gay.

    Well bhvr said there adding LGBTQ representation to the game. That was almost a year ago. Weve gotten so much hetero representation

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    They can put me and my Homosexuall ass into the game. Would be perfect, and I could watch myself die slowly. It would be a win-win for everyone, except David, Felix, Wraith, and Oni who I would never leave alone.

    Lmaoo lol

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160018#Comment_2160018

    Nurse and wraith are a comfimed couple. Theres a few others i cant remember, but yeah

    Where was that confirmed?

  • @Dickslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160027#Comment_2160027

    It doesn't matter. If you expect BHVR to keep a promise you clearly don't have much experience with them lmfao.

    Sexual orientation doesn't matter in this game, so I don't see a reason to add it.

    Nurse is confirmed straight. No sexual representation is out da window.

  • Nurse was married to a man, wasnt wraitqh so ishouldve worded that better. And wraith had a wife

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160035#Comment_2160035

    Nurse was married to a man, wasnt wraitqh so ishouldve worded that better. And wraith had a wife

    True, but since when has being married been a 100% accurate measure of sexual preference? :) Again, I think this entire notion, that our fictional skins for Survivors and Killers need their sexual urges defined is unimportant. You can have any one of these fictional people be as you want them in this regard. It doesn't require codification.

  • Old lady Bubba is already there, WDYM

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160041#Comment_2160041

    True, but since when has being married been a 100% accurate measure of sexual preference? :) Again, I think this entire notion, that our fictional skins for Survivors and Killers need their sexual urges defined is unimportant. You can have any one of these fictional people be as you want them in this regard. It doesn't require codification.

    Also, david had a girlfriend and was super homophobic type. Hes def str8

  • @Bumbus said:

    Old lady Bubba is already there, WDYM

    I mean he trans, but its a licensed killer

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160046#Comment_2160046

    Also, david had a girlfriend and was super homophobic type. Hes def str8

    Or is he? How do you know she isn't his beard, and his super homophobic attitude isn't a front? That isn't unheard of either is it? Again, why is this important? Seriously, leave it undefined and you can fill in whatever blanks you want. I think BEhavior has a lot more important things to do in regards to the game than this.

  • It wasn’t 100% confirmed but they have both matching cosmetics that imply it in their description.

  • Not to be rude or homophobic but... Why? This a game where killers chase survivors before they escape. This is all... pretty strange.

  • Matching clothes/cosmetics doesn´t mean that they are a couple.

  • @Bumbus said:

    Old lady Bubba is already there, WDYM

    Bubba isn’t trans, he is just wearing different clothes/faces for different occasions.

    it’s not even certain that he understands genders at all..

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't think it'd change the way they kill or are killed.

    Do you want more unconventional skins? It's the only way I can think of when you say "representation" in the actual game. That would be fine I guess. I wouldn't mind LGBT lore either, it seems very unimportant to me.

    OMG DADDY MYERS IS THAT YOU?!?!

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160056#Comment_2160056

    Matching clothes/cosmetics doesn´t mean that they are a couple.

    I didn’t say that though?

    i said it’s implied in the description of those cosmetics..

  • @Sleem said:

    Not to be rude or homophobic but... Why? This a game where killers chase survivors before they escape. This is all... pretty strange.

    we have a super diverse cast of characters, almost non of the backstories/lore is in any way relevant to the gameplay mechanics. There are also multiple mentioned heterosexual relationships.

    why should anything LGBTQ+ be excluded when we have all that already in the game?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160060#Comment_2160060

    we have a super diverse cast of characters, almost non of the backstories/lore is in any way relevant to the gameplay mechanics. There are also multiple mentioned heterosexual relationships.

    why should anything LGBTQ+ be excluded when we have all that already in the game?

    I wasn't taking sides, I was just asking why. But I'm not going to be a part of this argument/debate. Have a good night everyone.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160060#Comment_2160060

    we have a super diverse cast of characters, almost non of the backstories/lore is in any way relevant to the gameplay mechanics. There are also multiple mentioned heterosexual relationships.

    why should anything LGBTQ+ be excluded when we have all that already in the game?

    Exactly my point, why not have it in the game? Like do you need to come out too?

  • @Dickslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247177/lgbtq-survivor-killer-when

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247177/lgbtq-survivor-killer-when

    Can you stop? It's a goddamn video game. Sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with it.

    Before you call me homophobic, just know that I'm gay.

    This videogame has multiple mentioned heterosexual relationships mentioned in the lore as well as plenty of other stuff that’s not relevant for the gameplay.

    also it’s definitely horror themed and the horror genre was always heavily influenced by sexual topics.

    also the devs have already confirmed they want to be inclusive and have LGBTQ+ representation in their game.

  • @Sleem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160072#Comment_2160072

    I wasn't taking sides, I was just asking why. But I'm not going to be a part of this argument/debate. Have a good night everyone.

    I… just gave you an answer though…?

  • No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

  • @Dickslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160083#Comment_2160083

    But this isn't a game where that matters. If you think this is a horror game, then you might not understand this, but:

    1.) The devs don't keep their promises. Most people who play this game know this.

    2.) This game is not horror. It has horror characters in it, but it's not really horror, and even Cote has said this.

    3.) Sexual orientation isn't important. It has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever.

    But this isn't a game where that matters.

    None of the lore "matters", yet people only seem to complain about it when it's LGBT people asking for equal treatment. Curious.

  • @Dickslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160083#Comment_2160083

    But this isn't a game where that matters. If you think this is a horror game, then you might not understand this, but:

    1.) The devs don't keep their promises. Most people who play this game know this.

    2.) This game is not horror. It has horror characters in it, but it's not really horror, and even Cote has said this.

    3.) Sexual orientation isn't important. It has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever.

    I said it is horror themed. And with all the horror licenses (where sexuality is a very big topic in almost all of those licenses) i don’t think that’s a wron statement at all.

    1.) If they promise something it’s okay to at least expect it to be delivered.. (Ben though I think we should let them take their time and don’t rush it)

    2.) see above. Horror themed, as I said. Even Cote said it’s the ‚Walk of Fame for horror‘

    3.) it’s not important. That right. But that applies to literally everything mentioned in backstories and lore. Including heterosexual relationships. Your point?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160049#Comment_2160049

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160054#Comment_2160054

    Bubba isn’t trans, he is just wearing different clothes/faces for different occasions.

    it’s not even certain that he understands genders at all..

    He doesn't. In the films (the original ones, the remakes don't count) it's made clear that he's severely mentally impaired and doesn't understand most things. In the original movie there's a scene of him shown panicking not understanding why random hippies are even showing up at his home. There's nothing deliberately "trans" about Bubba any more than the Three Stooges dressing in drag made them trans.

    Everything has to mean something nowadays. Everything has to have a label. Everyone has to "stand" for something or be espousing some kind of personal beliefs. This is a game where killers kill survivors. The lore is great but if it starts going "woke" and politically correct for the sake of making everybody happy it's going to have the opposite effect.

    If I, as a white male, can play as Meg in this game and enjoy myself, or play as Franklin or CJ in Grand Theft Auto and enjoy myself, it says to me that I don't need a character to represent ME and whatever I may happen to believe in in order to enjoy the game. That's how it should be. It's a video game.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    So.. what’s your opinion of Zarinas and Yuis backstories? Or Neas archive lore?

    also why is being LGBTQ+ political at all? No one was asking for an political activist that fights for LGBTQ+ rights, you realize that’s a difference?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation.

    Who asked for that?

    Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them.

    Playing an online multiplayer game with strangers is not the way to get away from people. Also, the "personal agenda" of "treat me the same way you treat them" shouldn't cause you any discomfort, IMO.

    I don't want to know.

    Then don't read the lore. It doesn't matter, right?

    I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity".

    People being LGBT is not "divisive modern-day identity politics", it's just people being themselves. Fun fact: transgenderism dates back to the beginning of human civilization. If anything's not "modern-day", it's trans people.

    All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    But why? That's not relevant to gameplay. And if that should be included, despite not being relevant, why can't the devs include other things that other people care about? Why should you get special treatment?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160062#Comment_2160062

    He doesn't. In the films (the original ones, the remakes don't count) it's made clear that he's severely mentally impaired and doesn't understand most things. In the original movie there's a scene of him shown panicking not understanding why random hippies are even showing up at his home. There's nothing deliberately "trans" about Bubba any more than the Three Stooges dressing in drag made them trans.

    Everything has to mean something nowadays. Everything has to have a label. Everyone has to "stand" for something or be espousing some kind of personal beliefs. This is a game where killers kill survivors. The lore is great but if it starts going "woke" and politically correct for the sake of making everybody happy it's going to have the opposite effect.

    If I, as a white male, can play as Meg in this game and enjoy myself, or play as Franklin or CJ in Grand Theft Auto and enjoy myself, it says to me that I don't need a character to represent ME and whatever I may happen to believe in in order to enjoy the game. That's how it should be. It's a video game.

    Everything has to mean something nowadays.

    Most forms of art have some meaning behind them. The greats are usually great precisely because they have deeper meaning than what's on the surface.

    Everyone has to "stand" for something or be espousing some kind of personal beliefs.

    Nobody "has" to do anything, but it's great that people can do that. It's much better than the alternative, IMO.

    If I, as a white male, can play as Meg in this game and enjoy myself, or play as Franklin or CJ in Grand Theft Auto and enjoy myself, it says to me that I don't need a character to represent ME and whatever I may happen to believe in in order to enjoy the game. That's how it should be. It's a video game.

    That's fine and all, but other people play this game as well.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160091#Comment_2160091

    So.. what’s your opinion of Zarinas and Yuis backstories? Or Neas archive lore?

    also why is being LGBTQ+ political at all? No one was asking for an political activist that fights for LGBTQ+ rights, you realize that’s a difference?

    Asking for LBQT "representation" is asking to be singled out for one's identity. It's not necessary.

    It's no different than a Muslim saying "there should be a positive role model Muslim survivor".

    It's no different than saying "there should be a persecuted Mexican border crosser".

    It's identity politics. It's not being satisfied with what's on offer unless something is included that caters to one's own specific beliefs, agendas, or personal politics. I reiterate, there's enough of that in this world and most people are sick of it. I couldn't care less if any of the characters in the game are gay, bi, trans, black, brown, white, yellow, Liberal, Conservative, Christian or Atheist. I DON'T CARE. It doesn't effect the game, nor should it. These types of considerations are usually only requested by people who can't be happy unless they force others to include viewpoints that they (the people making the request) happen to align with. It's annoying.

  • It will happen eventually

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160020#Comment_2160020

    Well bhvr said there adding LGBTQ representation to the game. That was almost a year ago. Weve gotten so much hetero representation

    You wanna show a source for that info?

  • Can we have dbd dating sim already

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160103#Comment_2160103

    Asking for LBQT "representation" is asking to be singled out for one's identity. It's not necessary.

    It's no different than a Muslim saying "there should be a positive role model Muslim survivor".

    It's no different than saying "there should be a persecuted Mexican border crosser".

    It's identity politics. It's not being satisfied with what's on offer unless something is included that caters to one's own specific beliefs, agendas, or personal politics. I reiterate, there's enough of that in this world and most people are sick of it. I couldn't care less if any of the characters in the game are gay, bi, trans, black, brown, white, yellow, Liberal, Conservative, Christian or Atheist. I DON'T CARE. It doesn't effect the game, nor should it. These types of considerations are usually only requested by people who can't be happy unless they force others to include viewpoints that they (the people making the request) happen to align with. It's annoying.

    You do realize the irony of demanding that other people's "personal agenda" be excluded because your "personal agenda" is against their inclusion, right?

  • I normally stay out of these discussions, because they quickly turn nasty.

    However, I can see that both sides of the argument have good points. Just try to keep it civil and don't attack people for not sharing your views.

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    Not trying to be a bigot, but why? Most characters and their backstories say nothing about their sexuality, for all we could know Trappy could be Bi.

    Love how you have to say "not trying to be a bigot" before giving a very tame, harmless opinion because people will get triggered if you say it doesn't really matter.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160103#Comment_2160103

    Asking for LBQT "representation" is asking to be singled out for one's identity. It's not necessary.

    It's no different than a Muslim saying "there should be a positive role model Muslim survivor".

    It's no different than saying "there should be a persecuted Mexican border crosser".

    It's identity politics. It's not being satisfied with what's on offer unless something is included that caters to one's own specific beliefs, agendas, or personal politics. I reiterate, there's enough of that in this world and most people are sick of it. I couldn't care less if any of the characters in the game are gay, bi, trans, black, brown, white, yellow, Liberal, Conservative, Christian or Atheist. I DON'T CARE. It doesn't effect the game, nor should it. These types of considerations are usually only requested by people who can't be happy unless they force others to include viewpoints that they (the people making the request) happen to align with. It's annoying.

    Asking for LGBTQ+ representation in a game that already has multiple heterosexual relationships mentioned is only asking for equal treatment.

    so stop with your labeling. It’s not the same as asking for Muslim rep because we have no inclusions of any religious chars at all (except maybe Plague. But that’s not an actual religion of the real world. And the devs have already stated they don’t want to add ‚real‘ religion)


    if you actually don’t care you wouldn’t care. But you are heavily against it while you don’t seem to have a problem with the already included heterosexual relations.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I normally stay out of these discussions, because they quickly turn nasty.

    However, I can see that both sides of the argument have good points. Just try to keep it civil and don't attack people for not sharing your views.

    Hard to keep it civil when one side has people saying "What you want doesn't matter, only what I want matters".

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160117#Comment_2160117

    Hard to keep it civil when one side has people saying "What you want doesn't matter, only what I want matters".

    Again, that is their view.

    Just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to be uncivil.

    It is alright to disagree about things and it certainly doesn't mean whomever disagrees is anti-LGTBQ, it simply means they do not share your opinion on this particular issue and that is alright.

  • @Dickslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247177/lgbtq-survivor-killer-when

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247177/lgbtq-survivor-killer-when

    Can you stop? It's a goddamn video game. Sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with it.

    Before you call me homophobic, just know that I'm gay.

    Some of us actually like having representation in a game that's already prepresenting straight cis people despite being told that sexuality was never going to be mentioned.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160102#Comment_2160102

    Everything has to mean something nowadays.

    Most forms of art have some meaning behind them. The greats are usually great precisely because they have deeper meaning than what's on the surface.

    Everyone has to "stand" for something or be espousing some kind of personal beliefs.

    Nobody "has" to do anything, but it's great that people can do that. It's much better than the alternative, IMO.

    If I, as a white male, can play as Meg in this game and enjoy myself, or play as Franklin or CJ in Grand Theft Auto and enjoy myself, it says to me that I don't need a character to represent ME and whatever I may happen to believe in in order to enjoy the game. That's how it should be. It's a video game.

    That's fine and all, but other people play this game as well.

    Ah. I see. I get "special treatment" because I'm a straight white male, and the only way to change that is to force the game to have an equal amount of everything else. As I said, identity politics and forced diversity. Next time you see me demanding more straight white males, gimme a call.

    This is going in a very unpleasant direction. I can't believe that I'm unable to even play a game where killers stalk survivors without having to be lectured about privilege. Be who you want. Celebrate who you are. If you're LBGT, cool. If you're a hardcore Libertarian, cool. If you're a black woman in a wheelchair, cool. But quit making demands of everyone else to cater to your specific identities under the umbrella of "diversity" and "tolerance". This goes for gays, straights, whites, blacks, men, women, everyone. It's a ######### video game. Be happy that exists, play it, and leave politics at the door. This isn't a world demographics simulator.

    I'm leaving the discussion now before it gets worse.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160127#Comment_2160127

    Again, that is their view.

    Just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to be uncivil.

    It is alright to disagree about things and it certainly doesn't mean whomever disagrees is anti-LGTBQ, it simply means they do not share your opinion on this particular issue and that is alright.

    I didn't call anyone anti-LGBT, I pointed out the difference in attitudes. One side wants to be treated like the other is already being treated, the other side thinks what the former wants doesn't matter. They're dismissing everything a priori. How are you supposed to have a good-faith discussion with someone who doesn't care about what you have to say?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160129#Comment_2160129

    I didn't call anyone anti-LGBT, I pointed out the difference in attitudes. One side wants to be treated like the other is already being treated, the other side thinks what the former wants doesn't matter. They're dismissing everything a priori. How are you supposed to have a good-faith discussion with someone who doesn't care about what you have to say?

    Thank you.


    I couldnt have said it better

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160129#Comment_2160129

    I didn't call anyone anti-LGBT, I pointed out the difference in attitudes. One side wants to be treated like the other is already being treated, the other side thinks what the former wants doesn't matter. They're dismissing everything a priori. How are you supposed to have a good-faith discussion with someone who doesn't care about what you have to say?

    It is a sentiment being thrown around, see the comment above mine.

    I, personally, don't think sexuality has any place in a game about killing people and escaping a malicious god. It never should've been mentioned. It was though, and we can't exactly change that.

    The thing I fear the most is BHVR adding in token representation, where the character only exists to check a box. I hope they don't do that, but I've seen it happen a lot.

    Additionally, I've been called a racist by quite a few people because I "clearly targeted them using a Killer known for being racist." Considering the current climate of the world, those are dangerous accusations to be throwing at people, and I suspect adding in LGBTQ representation will make that worse. I don't think that should dissuade BHVR from adding in representation, but it is something to think on.

    Ultimately, as long as it is done tastefully, like how Nurse's backstory/husband was done, I have no issue with it at all, and that's all that matters.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160107#Comment_2160107

    Ah. I see. I get "special treatment" because I'm a straight white male, and the only way to change that is to force the game to have an equal amount of everything else. As I said, identity politics and forced diversity. Next time you see me demanding more straight white males, gimme a call.

    This is going in a very unpleasant direction. I can't believe that I'm unable to even play a game where killers stalk survivors without having to be lectured about privilege. Be who you want. Celebrate who you are. If you're LBGT, cool. If you're a hardcore Libertarian, cool. If you're a black woman in a wheelchair, cool. But quit making demands of everyone else to cater to your specific identities under the umbrella of "diversity" and "tolerance". This goes for gays, straights, whites, blacks, men, women, everyone. It's a ######### video game. Be happy that exists, play it, and leave politics at the door. This isn't a world demographics simulator.

    I'm leaving the discussion now before it gets worse.

    no one even mentioned your skin color or sexual orientation but you??


    people are asking for equal treatment and you feel attacked. Killers stalk survivors and those killers and survivor do have well-established lore. It would be stupid to exclude LGBTQ+ when we already have sexuality and self-identity included. It would be different if those were not present. But you never had any problem when those were added, even though your arguments could be used against those as well.

    please take your time and self-reflect your stand and try to view it out of a different perspective.

    (also i am not accusing you of being homophobic, but I ask you to try and be more open-minded and don’t treat any inclusion as a personal attack against you. It is not.)

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160107#Comment_2160107

    Ah. I see. I get "special treatment" because I'm a straight white male, and the only way to change that is to force the game to have an equal amount of everything else. As I said, identity politics and forced diversity. Next time you see me demanding more straight white males, gimme a call.

    This is going in a very unpleasant direction. I can't believe that I'm unable to even play a game where killers stalk survivors without having to be lectured about privilege. Be who you want. Celebrate who you are. If you're LBGT, cool. If you're a hardcore Libertarian, cool. If you're a black woman in a wheelchair, cool. But quit making demands of everyone else to cater to your specific identities under the umbrella of "diversity" and "tolerance". This goes for gays, straights, whites, blacks, men, women, everyone. It's a ######### video game. Be happy that exists, play it, and leave politics at the door. This isn't a world demographics simulator.

    I'm leaving the discussion now before it gets worse.

    So according to you, who I am is a political matter? Wanting to see others like me in a game where there's plenty of others like you is a political matter? Umm....

‹ 1 2 3 … 13