LGBTQ survivor/killer when?

I really wish dbe would hurry up with the character. Weve gotten so much hetero representation, why not the LGBTQ community too? Its been almost a year, and oh boy is BHVR taking their time.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160994#Comment_2160994

    The problem, as I see it, is that I seriously don't care at all about sexuality of any kind in this game. Which characters are gay and which are straight is something that would honestly never enter my mind. It's just not something I think about. Maybe that's unusual? I don't know. I just wanted a game where survivors tried to escape killers. When I first got it I had no idea how deep the lore went, and the fact that there are heterosexual relationships doesn't make the game any better or worse to me. I'm completely indifferent. To ME, it doesn't matter. It's a detail that does nothing to change my opinion of the game or its characters. So for that reason, them being gay really makes no difference to me. It's redundant information. If this were a dating simulator, as some have joked(?) then I would find the topic much more relevant. I can't speak for everyone else but that's why I'm not complaining about the heterosexuality in this game: I don't care about the heterosexuality, or any sexuality for that matter, in this game. That's not what the game is about to me. It's a level of detail that, for better or worse, I am honestly not concerned with.

    I they want to make everyone in the game straight, fine. If they want to make everyone in the game gay and / or trans, fine. If they want to remove all mentions of sexuality, fine. Again, for ME, these are details that have no bearing on my enjoyment of the game which is why I, perhaps in contrast to the others who came before, don't say anything about the relationships. I just play the game and don't think about them. When I'm being killed by The Hillbilly he's an #########, not the innocent child who was fed through a wall. When I attack a teabagging player, I don't care whether I like the character that I'm playing as. I don't consider the finer details when I play. I just play. That doesn't mean that I'm "right", or "better", it's just why I don't put as much stock into the lore as some of the rest of you do. To me the lore is optional, it's garnish for the main meal.

    Given that the non-heterosexual stuff, just like the heterosexual stuff, will be in the lore, why did you feel the need to say this?

    @miketheratguy said:

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    It will literally not affect you, you will not "see" anything unless you go out of your way to read the lore (that you claim not to care about).

    This goes back to what I said: nobody cares about the lore until it might have non-heterosexual references. Then it's a huge ######### deal.

  • The Devs never promised to add an lgbt character. They said it was something they were thinking about, but they weren't sure when to do it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160991#Comment_2160991

    i really don't mean to be rude here but, uh...

    yikes.

    that's all i can really say to that. yikes.

    no offence, but, yikes.

    Yeah, totally disgusting comment that hopefully will be removed

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161049#Comment_2161049

    That's not true?

    This game is about sex now??

    They actually listened on Twitter and added sex to DBD?

    That's not true?

    David has an ex-girlfriend. Felix has a girlfriend and is expecting a child. Nurse has a husband- Andrew, who's pretty integral to her lore. Frank and Julie, well... the less said about that Tome the better.

    Heterosexual relationships exist in DBD lore and have done since The Last Breath chapter released in August 2016.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161049#Comment_2161049

    That's not true?

    This game is about sex now??

    They actually listened on Twitter and added sex to DBD?

    Nobody was talking about sex? Having queer characters doesn’t mean there will be sex scenes in the game. It just means a character would have lore that acknowledges that they are LGBTQ+ and it really isn’t a big deal considering some of the DBD characters are explicitly straight.

  • @Awakey said:

    Not this again.

    I'm just going to leave my opinion here, and honestly if I get in trouble for it, I don't give #########. ATP it would just be suppression of my freedom of speech.

    I have no issue with a character being gay or bi or lesbian. While I feel it to be unnecessary and "catering" (one could say), I can swallow my pride for that and suck it up

    However, as a conservative and a proud believer of science I don't believe a trans character aligns with my beliefs about biology. I (and many others I know) wouldn't appreciate having one in the game. That's putting it lightly.

    Any replies to this comment need to be directed to my wall. I enjoy discussion.

    However, as a conservative and a proud believer of science I don't believe a trans character aligns with my beliefs about biology. I (and many others I know) wouldn't appreciate having one in the game. That's putting it lightly.

    You should look into the science of transgenderism. It's not the same as what we learned in high school biology. It's much more complex, nuanced, and confirms what trans people with gender dysphoria have been saying all along: they're in the wrong body.

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    I really wish dbe would hurry up with the character. Weve gotten so much hetero representation, why not the LGBTQ community too? Its been almost a year, and oh boy is BHVR taking their time.

    I kinda feel like they’re putting it off as much as possible to be honest. Literally all it would take is a simple throw away comment in the character’s lore that states that the dude had/has a boyfriend or that the lady had/has a girlfriend. I think most people would be quite happy with that but they haven’t done anything for some reason. Some people may be upset that they didn’t get a super flamboyant character but personally, I think that if anything, the first openly gay character being super flamboyant would be kinda homophobic. I’m not trying to speak for anyone here, I’m literally just a straight dude with minimal knowledge on all this stuff but I think just having the average joe or jill be gay would be better. Which makes the complete lack of any rep thus far kinda jarring considering how easy it would be.

  • It’s honestly always funny to me when people say they ‘don’t care’ if someone is gay, but will write a novel about why media shouldn’t have gay people and if it does, it’s woke, forcing it down their throats, etc.

    Horror has always been a genre with a large queer fan base, and that should be represented in DBD.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161049#Comment_2161049

    That's not true?

    This game is about sex now??

    They actually listened on Twitter and added sex to DBD?

    uhm. No. Sexuality was almost there from the beginning, with introduction of the Nurse. And that wasn’t because of the Twitter crowd you mentioned.

    Nurse, Felix, Oni, David, Legion (seriously read the archive lore…), to some extent Wraith and Ace (both implied in cosmetic description), then we also have That pig lady from the tome 1 story that literally used sex to lure in men and kill them.


    and there is probably more I don’t think of just now.

  • @Awakey said:

    Not this again.

    I'm just going to leave my opinion here, and honestly if I get in trouble for it, I don't give #########. ATP it would just be suppression of my freedom of speech.

    I have no issue with a character being gay or bi or lesbian. While I feel it to be unnecessary and "catering" (one could say), I can swallow my pride for that and suck it up

    However, as a conservative and a proud believer of science I don't believe a trans character aligns with my beliefs about biology. I (and many others I know) wouldn't appreciate having one in the game. That's putting it lightly.

    Any replies to this comment need to be directed to my wall. I enjoy discussion.

    I'm not going to take a position on your stance because, as I said in previous posts, every individual has a right to feel how they like about things of this nature. I just wanted to say that "freedom of speech", while varying between countries, in the US at least means "the government shall not make laws restricting your freedom of speech". This doesn't apply to forums like this one, or restaurants, or what have you. It just means that you can't be arrested for going out into the middle of the street and saying that you think Dexter is the worst show in the history of television. Even THAT comes with caveats, as certain types of speech - mainly that which is threatening - can, in fact, land you in prison.

    Just saying. :)

  • Legion is kind of a trans gender js , no hate js. That blight costume says a lot , do what you will with this post

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247177/lgbtq-survivor-killer-when

    I kinda feel like they’re putting it off as much as possible to be honest. Literally all it would take is a simple throw away comment in the character’s lore that states that the dude had/has a boyfriend or that the lady had/has a girlfriend. I think most people would be quite happy with that but they haven’t done anything for some reason. Some people may be upset that they didn’t get a super flamboyant character but personally, I think that if anything, the first openly gay character being super flamboyant would be kinda homophobic. I’m not trying to speak for anyone here, I’m literally just a straight dude with minimal knowledge on all this stuff but I think just having the average joe or jill be gay would be better. Which makes the complete lack of any rep thus far kinda jarring considering how easy it would be.

    congrats mr. straight dude you want what we want too, or most of us. subtle hints instead of full blown W O W T H A T ' S G A Y

    which, as you said, it's easy. a single pronoun change.

  • @Awakey said:

    Not this again.

    I'm just going to leave my opinion here, and honestly if I get in trouble for it, I don't give #########. ATP it would just be suppression of my freedom of speech.

    I have no issue with a character being gay or bi or lesbian. While I feel it to be unnecessary and "catering" (one could say), I can swallow my pride for that and suck it up

    However, as a conservative and a proud believer of science I don't believe a trans character aligns with my beliefs about biology. I (and many others I know) wouldn't appreciate having one in the game. That's putting it lightly.

    Any replies to this comment need to be directed to my wall. I enjoy discussion.

    „However, as a conservative and a proud believer of science I don't believe a trans character aligns with my beliefs about biology“

    uhm. I don’t think you actually meant science here. Maybe Scientology or something similar?

    science is not a belief. And transgenderism can be explained biologically and is really nothing unnatural or anything..

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161080#Comment_2161080

    congrats mr. straight dude you want what we want too, or most of us. subtle hints instead of full blown W O W T H A T ' S G A Y

    which, as you said, it's easy. a single pronoun change.

    I’m glad we’re in agreement then! Here’s hoping they stick to their word and do something soon. Although now that Pride month is soon on the horizon, they may just wait to give rep then. It would be kind of insulting I imagine that it took them a year to do it but hey, it came eventually right? Considering how slow Behaviour are at literally everything, it may not have been a personal slight against the lgbt community, or at least I hope it wasn’t.

  • Well, I'm my points across early on.

    This has turned into quite the mess.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161090#Comment_2161090

    I’m glad we’re in agreement then! Here’s hoping they stick to their word and do something soon. Although now that Pride month is soon on the horizon, they may just wait to give rep then. It would be kind of insulting I imagine that it took them a year to do it but hey, it came eventually right? Considering how slow Behaviour are at literally everything, it may not have been a personal slight against the lgbt community, or at least I hope it wasn’t.

    i dont think its a personal slight, as we know chapters and lore is planned 6-18 months in advance so it could be they were in the planning stages when they released the statement

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161090#Comment_2161090

    I’m glad we’re in agreement then! Here’s hoping they stick to their word and do something soon. Although now that Pride month is soon on the horizon, they may just wait to give rep then. It would be kind of insulting I imagine that it took them a year to do it but hey, it came eventually right? Considering how slow Behaviour are at literally everything, it may not have been a personal slight against the lgbt community, or at least I hope it wasn’t.

    June is the resident evil dlc though :/ we’ll have to wait a while for anything more than the upcoming gay charm

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161116#Comment_2161116

    June is the resident evil dlc though :/ we’ll have to wait a while for anything more than the upcoming gay charm

    it could be in a rift who knows

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161090#Comment_2161090

    I’m glad we’re in agreement then! Here’s hoping they stick to their word and do something soon. Although now that Pride month is soon on the horizon, they may just wait to give rep then. It would be kind of insulting I imagine that it took them a year to do it but hey, it came eventually right? Considering how slow Behaviour are at literally everything, it may not have been a personal slight against the lgbt community, or at least I hope it wasn’t.

    Unless it's in Plague or Bill's rift lore the next opportunity would be in the fall when the next chapter after RE chapter releases, assuming it's an original chapter.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161116#Comment_2161116

    i dont think its a personal slight, as we know chapters and lore is planned 6-18 months in advance so it could be they were in the planning stages when they released the statement

    True true. Personally, I think they shouldn’t have announced it so early if they weren’t going to release rep for a year but maybe they just did it at the time to get people excited?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    Well said.


  • As a gay person myself, whenever these topics come up I just cringe and want to crawl under a rock and hide.


    Gay people get hooked and die the same way as straight people. A gay sociopathic killer is just as murder-y. I couldn't care less to have "representation" in the pool of people running for their lives from a chainsaw wielding freak.

    I'm so sick of the militant push by a small minority of people to shove to rainbow into everything lol.

  • Someone’s sexual orientation can be important to people without it being their entire identity. It has a huge impact on our life experiences, so shoving it aside as ‘unimportant’ is not okay.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    As a gay person myself, whenever these topics come up I just cringe and want to crawl under a rock and hide.

    Gay people get hooked and die the same way as straight people. A gay sociopathic killer is just as murder-y. I couldn't care less to have "representation" in the pool of people running for their lives from a chainsaw wielding freak.

    I'm so sick of the militant push by a small minority of people to shove to rainbow into everything lol.

    I understand your perspective, but just because something isn’t important to you, why does it mean it can’t hold value for others?

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    As a gay person myself, whenever these topics come up I just cringe and want to crawl under a rock and hide.

    Gay people get hooked and die the same way as straight people. A gay sociopathic killer is just as murder-y. I couldn't care less to have "representation" in the pool of people running for their lives from a chainsaw wielding freak.

    I'm so sick of the militant push by a small minority of people to shove to rainbow into everything lol.

    im glad it doesnt matter to you.

    to some people, it's incredibly important.

    it couldve easily helped me through the absolute darkest time of my life.

    representation is important to some people and placing it as "unimportant" and "cringe" is just... it's not really it, chief, no offence.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    As a gay person myself, whenever these topics come up I just cringe and want to crawl under a rock and hide.

    Gay people get hooked and die the same way as straight people. A gay sociopathic killer is just as murder-y. I couldn't care less to have "representation" in the pool of people running for their lives from a chainsaw wielding freak.

    I'm so sick of the militant push by a small minority of people to shove to rainbow into everything lol.

    I'm so sick of the militant push by a small minority of people to shove to rainbow into everything lol.

    People are just wondering when the LGBT character the devs said was coming is actually coming. It's like asking a shopkeep when he'll have an item he said he was going to get.

  • We aren’t asking for much, all it would take is a line or two in a character’s lore. This isn’t too much to ask.

  • Don’t mind me, I’m just noting down the names of people making homophobic / transphobic remarks so I know who to ghost on this forum.

    B87A5B2B-7862-4F75-92AB-3D4C20D0DE2D.gif
  • There was a post last night about doing something for Pride Month.

    A few people suggested Pride Charms so both survivors and killers could rep what they wanted to (which I also agree with).

    Given that a lot of players like bright cosmetics it would also be nice to get some pride skins ^^

    I'm all for representation and more in depth lore for survivors and killers (i like getting to know characters better). I was happy when Overwatch showed characters relationships (Torb, Tracer, Soldier, Reinhart, Phara/ Ana, poor Widow). More lore the better! Straight, LGBTQ, kids, heartbreak. I love it all!

    If their were at least pride charms people could rep a character how they imagine them which I think is a lot of fun and makes it flexible for dev and players. Yes that can be seen as a cop out but I think its a step in the right direction.

  • To the 3 who jumped on me immediately, I'm fine with how @Orion put it- that wondering when a character will be released if it was promised, no problem. I find that reasonable. It's just that these threads always devolve into attack/defense scenarios. Or if people who aren't homophobic in the slightest god forbid, disagrees, they can often get accused of being a bigot when *they really really aren't*.

    Maybe I'm spoiled living in Canada (isn't Behavior Canadian?).

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    As a gay person myself, whenever these topics come up I just cringe and want to crawl under a rock and hide.

    Gay people get hooked and die the same way as straight people. A gay sociopathic killer is just as murder-y. I couldn't care less to have "representation" in the pool of people running for their lives from a chainsaw wielding freak.

    I'm so sick of the militant push by a small minority of people to shove to rainbow into everything lol.

    Asking for equal treatment instead of explicit exclusion is now „militant pushing“

    lol

    talking about cringe.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    To the 3 who jumped on me immediately, I'm fine with how @Orion put it- that wondering when a character will be released if it was promised, no problem. I find that reasonable. It's just that these threads always devolve into attack/defense scenarios. Or if people who aren't homophobic in the slightest god forbid, disagrees, they can often get accused of being a bigot when *they really really aren't*.

    Maybe I'm spoiled living in Canada (isn't Behavior Canadian?).

    I mean.. you were the one attacking here..

    and yes BHVR is based in Canada/Montreal.

  • As a gay man, I hope they do it right.

    A nice nod to their sexuality in their backstory would make me abundantly happy, nothing big, nothing that defines that character, just a glance at their sexuality i.e "his/her/their boyfriend etc".

  • @Elena said:

    As a gay man, I hope they do it right.

    A nice nod to their sexuality in their backstory would make me abundantly happy, nothing big, nothing that defines that character, just a glance at their sexuality i.e "his/her/their boyfriend etc".

    That's what people want.

  • @Elena said:

    As a gay man, I hope they do it right.

    A nice nod to their sexuality in their backstory would make me abundantly happy, nothing big, nothing that defines that character, just a glance at their sexuality i.e "his/her/their boyfriend etc".

    Yeah, that’s what the majority of the „pro LGBTQ+ inclusion“-crowd here is asking for. Same treatment as heterosexual relationships have been treated and we are good.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160018#Comment_2160018

    Love how you have to say "not trying to be a bigot" before giving a very tame, harmless opinion because people will get triggered if you say it doesn't really matter.

    Have you seen the community? Its very easy to offend people here.

  • Wow, this topic sure always gets crowded with comments, doesn't it?

    From what i recall from a dev comment, they said the team starts work on chapters very early, i think they said a year.

    I wager we don't have one yet because the chapters of the last 12 months were already being made.

    And that's of course no guarantee the one after the RE chapter will include a character of the alphabet.

    Heck, they might not make it a new chapter at all, but make it a thing with an existing character using the Archives.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161189#Comment_2161189

    I mean.. you were the one attacking here..

    and yes BHVR is based in Canada/Montreal.

    My opinion isn't an attack on you. Anyways, much like most people, I'm just gonna back away from this now. It's not worth it.

  • @Boss said:

    Wow, this topic sure always gets crowded with comments, doesn't it?

    From what i recall from a dev comment, they said the team starts work on chapters very early, i think they said a year.

    I wager we don't have one yet because the chapters of the last 12 months were already being made.

    And that's of course no guarantee the one after the RE chapter will include a character of the alphabet.

    Heck, they might not make it a new chapter at all, but make it a thing with an existing character using the Archives.

    I do remember they said one of the characters already in the roster was created with being LGBT in mind.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161193#Comment_2161193

    My opinion isn't an attack on you. Anyways, much like most people, I'm just gonna back away from this now. It's not worth it.

    You outright said people who wanted an LGBT character were doing a "militant push" and that the whole thread made you "cringe and want to crawl under a rock".

    It might not be an attack on @Mooks specifically, but it was definitely hostile.

  • No bhvr. You make too many mistakes but dont fall for this one. Just please

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161211#Comment_2161211

    I do remember they said one of the characters already in the roster was created with being LGBT in mind.

    Cool.

  • Imagine caring about a fictional characters sexual preference

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    No bhvr. You make too many mistakes but dont fall for this one. Just please

    Nah, they haven't given out release dates too much in advance precisely because they learned from their mistakes. Or did you mean something else?

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161193#Comment_2161193

    My opinion isn't an attack on you. Anyways, much like most people, I'm just gonna back away from this now. It's not worth it.

    calling people cringey and accusing them of „militantly pushing“ isn’t an attack?

    (and if you didn’t meant me, who in this discussion did you mean?)


    but I guess you don’t want to discuss, which is fair enough. So bye and have a good day. Next time, if you don’t want to be part of a discussion don’t come in and call it cringe and then leave, please.

  • @xEzekanarioX said:

    No bhvr. You make too many mistakes but dont fall for this one. Just please

    How is having lgbtq+ characters or relationships in dbd a "mistake"?

  • @Lunarknight said:

    Imagine caring about a fictional characters sexual preference

    Your comment seems to imply you do in fact care :)

  • @Bangarang said:

    Don’t mind me, I’m just noting down the names of people making homophobic / transphobic remarks so I know who to ghost on this forum.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AI9DQJ7ZQ45N/b87a5b2b-7862-4f75-92ab-3d4c20d0de2d.gif

    Bestie same

    Untitled Image


  • @Lunarknight said:

    Imagine caring about a fictional characters sexual preference

    Imagine caring about what other people care about when it shouldn’t bother you one bit.

1 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 13