Windows of Opportunity is the most underrated survivor perk

The information of knowing where pallets are, and what's been used is what makes this perk if not the best for solo queue. It's very helpful when you're being chased, and with the amount of info you have if you're good at looping then the killer is gonna have a hard time. I see this perk a little bit, but not that often. It's not the most meta perk in the game, but damn it is great to have on and just feel like I never want to take it off.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • I think the most underrated survivor perk is we'll make it. It is literally a godsend when your teammates are boosted and take unecessary hits in solo queue and is just great to have. It also counters sloppy.

  • I'd argue Windows is terrible, right when you need it the most it disables. A perk that helps much much more to make the killer have a hard time is deja vu.

  • Gotta go with Detective’s hunch for the most underrated honestly. Stops 3 gens, Stops Noed and other hex perks and is just great info all around

  • Its my favourite perk. But i never see other people with this profil icon.

  • Definitely a really good perk. There are times where it's actually saved me.

  • @Yords said:

    I think the most underrated survivor perk is we'll make it. It is literally a godsend when your teammates are boosted and take unecessary hits in solo queue and is just great to have. It also counters sloppy.

    Gotta love when your teammates run away when you have it though

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Gotta go with Detective’s hunch for the most underrated honestly. Stops 3 gens, Stops Noed and other hex perks and is just great info all around

    One of my favorite perks tbh. A teammate with Detective's Hunch is a really valuable one.

  • I don’t think this perk can really be called underrated as I see people using DH / WOO in a lot of my matches.

  • For solo i like- woo, kindred, lithe and q&q.

  • And you can see spirit phasewalk though the aura. Maybe intended. But its interesting to see

  • *Breakout joins the chat*

  • @Yords said:

    I think the most underrated survivor perk is we'll make it. It is literally a godsend when your teammates are boosted and take unecessary hits in solo queue and is just great to have. It also counters sloppy.

    I agree with this. You rarely see We'll Make It, but it can completely destroy a killers map pressure.

    I also think WGLF is quite underrated. I think people don't realize how crazy strong this perk is. Just near one person running this and slugging is heavily punished.

  • I’ve never tried Windows but I want it very badly, I’m sad I didn’t get it on the shrine when I had the chance.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080904#Comment_2080904

    One of my favorite perks tbh. A teammate with Detective's Hunch is a really valuable one.

    Detective's Hunch is a perk I can never remove from my build now, it's so useful. I hate Hex perks, so I'll be busy in the corner crushing the killer's bones >:D

    @Yords said:

    I think the most underrated survivor perk is we'll make it. It is literally a godsend when your teammates are boosted and take unecessary hits in solo queue and is just great to have. It also counters sloppy.

    We'll Make It is great as well, it lets you reset so fast when you need it the most.

  • I just need to know... Does it counter dream pallets and illusionary pallets?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080893#Comment_2080893

    I agree with this. You rarely see We'll Make It, but it can completely destroy a killers map pressure.

    I also think WGLF is quite underrated. I think people don't realize how crazy strong this perk is. Just near one person running this and slugging is heavily punished.

    Same with that perk, WGLF is also pretty good despite being situational. I actually frequently use both and when they are both active the killer just cannot snowball.

  • Only baby survivors use that perk

  • @GannTM said:

    *Breakout joins the chat*

    Honestly from my experience using it the wiggle speed increase is pretty negligible. You’d be better off running sabetour.

    If you commit to a full sabo build It is worth it then

  • @th3 said:

    I'd argue Windows is terrible, right when you need it the most it disables. A perk that helps much much more to make the killer have a hard time is deja vu.

    I'd say the cooldown on Windows is small enough that you can usually get it back when need to run to another point, and that's assuming you don't already know where to go because Windows already showed you another available pallet/window before it deactivated.

  • @Zixology said:

    I just need to know... Does it counter dream pallets and illusionary pallets?

    Nope dream pallets show up. Not sure about doctor pallets though

  • I agree that it's a very good perk, however I can't play with it at all because I find it incredibly distracting.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080997#Comment_2080997

    Honestly from my experience using it the wiggle speed increase is pretty negligible. You’d be better off running sabetour.

    If you commit to a full sabo build It is worth it then

    I run it with Sabotuer sometimes and it has saved lives.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081101#Comment_2081101

    I run it with Sabotuer sometimes and it has saved lives.

    Yeah it’s great with synergy perks but by itself is rather weak similar to something like Dance with me

  • @Mikeyjanuary11 said:

    Does the perk highlight fake pallets?

    Yes it does

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081121#Comment_2081121

    Yeah it’s great with synergy perks but by itself is rather weak similar to something like Dance with me

    I want them to buff all of Yui’s perks tbh. It really bothers me how my main’s perks aren’t good. Any Means Necessary and Breakout are fun to use but situational, and Lucky Break is just a joke of a perk.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081126#Comment_2081126

    I want them to buff all of Yui’s perks tbh. It really bothers me how my main’s perks aren’t good. Any Means Necessary and Breakout are fun to use but situational, and Lucky Break is just a joke of a perk.

    Yep all my mains perks are kinda bad

    Jeff: Aftercare is amazing but breakdown and distortion are underwhelming

    Jane: Head on is decent but solidarity and poised are just trash

    Quentin: All his perks are very mediocre

  • @th3 said:

    I'd argue Windows is terrible, right when you need it the most it disables. A perk that helps much much more to make the killer have a hard time is deja vu.

    Take the perk with open handed and you get an increase in the pallet and windows auras.

    Make sure you look around when not in a chase and while you're in a chase remember where you saw pall and windows.

    Works perfectly

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080935#Comment_2080935

    Detective's Hunch is a perk I can never remove from my build now, it's so useful. I hate Hex perks, so I'll be busy in the corner crushing the killer's bones >:D

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080893#Comment_2080893

    We'll Make It is great as well, it lets you reset so fast when you need it the most.

    Yeah, it's awesome! Gotta crack those bones if ya know what I mean.

  • Or you could learn the map and pay attention to which areas run out of pallets. It takes some skill, but frees a perk slot.

  • it is one of the most underrated perks but not #1. i feel like we'll make it is the most underrated

  • @Mikeyjanuary11 said:

    Does the perk highlight fake pallets?

    no

  • @Erasox said:

    And you can see spirit phasewalk though the aura. Maybe intended. But its interesting to see

    Well there's your counterplay to know if she's phasing through a perk

  • @GannTM said:

    *Breakout joins the chat*

    Whips out Starstruck

  • @Yords said:

    I think the most underrated survivor perk is we'll make it. It is literally a godsend when your teammates are boosted and take unecessary hits in solo queue and is just great to have. It also counters sloppy.

    I second this.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    The information of knowing where pallets are, and what's been used is what makes this perk if not the best for solo queue. It's very helpful when you're being chased, and with the amount of info you have if you're good at looping then the killer is gonna have a hard time. I see this perk a little bit, but not that often. It's not the most meta perk in the game, but damn it is great to have on and just feel like I never want to take it off.

    This perk is in my build since 2 years

    I ALWAYS play with it

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Gotta go with Detective’s hunch for the most underrated honestly. Stops 3 gens, Stops Noed and other hex perks and is just great info all around

    A fellow Detective's gamer.

  • No one's convincing me to take Windows over my Alert, Leader, or Detectives.

  • It's definitely great, but the stupid part is that it deactivates right after you vault. I guess it's because you've already found a loop, but if you want to break away, then you've got nothing.

  • Windows of Opportunity needs to be able to tell the difference between Freddy's fake pallets and real pallets. Still it's really good otherwise.

  • @Zixology said:

    I just need to know... Does it counter dream pallets and illusionary pallets?

    No. Their auras show as well.

  • @Artick said:

    Or you could learn the map and pay attention to which areas run out of pallets. It takes some skill, but frees a perk slot.

    Yep. I’m gonna just magically know that as a solo working on gens on Lery’s, Midwich, Hawkins, and Gideon.

    Great tip.

  • @th3 said:

    I'd argue Windows is terrible, right when you need it the most it disables. A perk that helps much much more to make the killer have a hard time is deja vu.

    They key is to use it to plan your route before it goes down.

  • @Artick said:

    Or you could learn the map and pay attention to which areas run out of pallets. It takes some skill, but frees a perk slot.

    Okay so how am I supposed to know if someone wasted killer shack pallet if I'm on the other side of the map in solo? Do you think I have the powers to be in two places at the same time?

  • In that case... Yeah, I don't think I'll be using it any time soon. I don't see any viability beyond new players unless it can negate those.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081689#Comment_2081689

    In that case... Yeah, I don't think I'll be using it any time soon. I don't see any viability beyond new players unless it can negate those.

    That would be broken though. If a pallet Freddy went up against 4 WoO users, he’s almost entirely powerless.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082369#Comment_2082369

    That would be broken though. If a pallet Freddy went up against 4 WoO users, he’s almost entirely powerless.

    It would only be useful against two specific killers. And would still be useless unless those two specific killers were using specific addons. Fake pallets are not basekit for either of them. You think WoO would be OP in those specific instances. But things like Iri Head + Infantry Belt and Infinite Tier 3 + Tombstone are still in the game.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082383#Comment_2082383

    It would only be useful against two specific killers. And would still be useless unless those two specific killers were using specific addons. Fake pallets are not basekit for either of them. You think WoO would be OP in those specific instances. But things like Iri Head + Infantry Belt and Infinite Tier 3 + Tombstone are still in the game.

    You’re misunderstanding my point. No counter should be so strong that it renders a killer “without a power” (for all intents and purposes). This is the reason Lucky Break and No Mither do not counter Oni, in case of those outliers where all 4 survivors run those perks.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082425#Comment_2082425

    You’re misunderstanding my point. No counter should be so strong that it renders a killer “without a power” (for all intents and purposes). This is the reason Lucky Break and No Mither do not counter Oni, in case of those outliers where all 4 survivors run those perks.

    Honestly... They should. Why is it okay for Killers to have builds that completely counter survivors (the ones I said earlier) but it's not okay for survivors. Especially when it would only be one survivor out of the 4 in a match?

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082455#Comment_2082455

    Honestly... They should. Why is it okay for Killers to have builds that completely counter survivors (the ones I said earlier) but it's not okay for survivors. Especially when it would only be one survivor out of the 4 in a match?

    Because that’s the killers entire goal. A comparable problem would be if a killer could make it 100% impossible for survivors to repair any generators.

‹ 1 2