Windows of Opportunity is the most underrated survivor perk
The information of knowing where pallets are, and what's been used is what makes this perk if not the best for solo queue. It's very helpful when you're being chased, and with the amount of info you have if you're good at looping then the killer is gonna have a hard time. I see this perk a little bit, but not that often. It's not the most meta perk in the game, but damn it is great to have on and just feel like I never want to take it off.
Comments
I've literally had killers tell me in end game chat that I'm a great looper when I use this perk and I'm just like nooo I'm literally bad windows just carries me to the pallets LOL
But yesss, it's especially helpful for showing me vault locations so I can get my Lithe off.
Honestly I love love love this perk so much even if it is a little crutch-y like Spine Chill. It is an absolute godsend for me bcuz I'm still a bit new to the game (been playing half a year now).
Of course you won't have perfect information, but keeping track of everything you see while you move around the map will improve your gameplay considerably + you'll have one more perk slot. When you do notice shack pallet is down you remember than and avoid the shack in the future, if need be.
With Windows of Opportunity you don't have perfect information either. What if the perk is on cooldown? How would you know the shack pallet is down?
I'm not saying the perk is completely useless, but you can do most of what it does by learning the map and paying more attention to your surroundings. Then you'll be able to run another perk that will help you with things that are out of your control(like being tunneled). I just don't see the value in using a perk to do something you can do on your own.