Why is it so difficult to get professional developer answers

Yea hi you probably all remember my post yesterday

So I decided to try and get support from devs to find out if it's actually reportable and what do I find the support team that I spoke to sent me to this forum's rules page and I have already seen that however it's so unclear it says slugging is non reportable except this wasn't slugging this was mass slugging. Any other game has clear rules that if you do these things you're gone but not dead by daylight the rules are too flexible they need to update their rules otherwise too many toxic people will get away with this kind of thing.


And to conclude this rant I say devs if by some miracle you read this fix your damn game before another company launches one of the same kind because there's will most likely be better and your game will die.

Also on a sidenote this is no just about rules it's about all that is wrong with the game currently.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Yumyumtasty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025394#Comment_2025394

    The goal is to kill the survivor by hooks, not slug all 5 and leave them to bleed out with 0 hooks done the entire match, if you don't think that's toxic at all then you're delusional.

    There isnt a clear goal to the game actually. That's something BHVR has mentioned time and time again that wins and losses are subjective and they want players to have freedom to decide their win or loss. Slugging all 4 survivors could be this players definition of winning.


    Now as a side point I think this is not good to do and I hate the idea of subjectivity in this but it is what it is

  • @Yumyumtasty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025394#Comment_2025394

    The goal is to kill the survivor by hooks, not slug all 5 and leave them to bleed out with 0 hooks done the entire match, if you don't think that's toxic at all then you're delusional.

    The fact that the OP took a ban for this makes me not care at all what happened to be quite honest. I can tell you that I know for a FACT that the game will not ban you if you are a rare rage-quitter. So frankly I don't give a rip if the guy was T-bagging corpses, camping hooks or anything. The OP quits enough to get banned. People like that are exactly the reason I don't play survivor. Ergo, the OP will have nothing but my disdain.

    Let's assume the killer was indeed trolling. Congradulations, by disconnecting you just fed his ego and encouraged them to do it again.

    Just eat the 4 minutes and move on. Don't be a punk and leave.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024517#Comment_2024517

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024591#Comment_2024591

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024819#Comment_2024819

    Ok first page and I'm reading a lot of stuff that needs addressing.

    @REL1_C hey there, you said that UB should be basekit. I disagree there pal. If your teammates are not gonna get you up, and you cannot be bothered to run UB , then that's your issue.

    Most people run DS UB which will still be effective in the changed version as you can still take prot hits.

    Making DS UB take only one perk slot is stupid, and UB alone is powerful. Slugging is a tactic to provide pressure in high levels, and removing that would quickly need to be followed by a massive killer buff. And I mean gen speeds shooting right up, and punishing people more for getting hooked levels of buffed.

    @Phasmamain killers aren't the only ones who play boring playstyles *points to the thousands of people running DS UB BT DH*. It's also survivors. Neither of them are very fun, but killers feel forced to slug, camp or tunnel to secure pressure. The change to help them not be necessary, and give reason for these to be punished. Increase gen times. That's all they need to do. A simple numbers change (maybe add 20s to each gen, most 30).

    @Yumyumtasty we need perks to counter gen rushing, infinites (there still are, although breakable walls near these helps I guess), jungle gyms that spawn on quite a few maps, flashlights saves out of the ass and keys. Now tell me sir. What is this logic? Yeah, we could nerf everything I mentioned before into the ground. But that wouldn't be fair. Now then, you can run one perk, for a measly price of your bloodpoints that are free to get, to stop this. We all have to run perks to stop things we don't like.

    Now on a more serious note, it's not grieifing in most other games. For example, in league of legends camping a lane is infuriating and has very little counterplay for the player. But it's not bannable. Also the only thing close to this that's bannable is working with the other team/throwing.

    In csgo people camp all the time, but that isn't bannable even though it's boring as hell and toxic.

    In ######### apex, you can teabagg and not get banned, that's toxic. But it's not bannable. You can also leave someone to bleed out, that's not bannable.

    I cannot name one game, and I emplore you to name one if you can, that has a similar game structure to dbd that bans these sorts of things. Since you threw this accusation up I'm asking for evidence.

    Camping a lane is a strategy, leaving everybody on the ground to die is not. The equivalent would be keeping the enemy team in the game by not destroying towers and inhibs and letting minions finish the whole game while you farm them under their towers and people have been banned for less when a rioter was in the game.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025479#Comment_2025479

    That's because rioters are very entitled, and have connections to get people banned pal. Also it's not bannable if you do it anywhere outside of that. They won't ban you for that if it doesn't affect them, which is a double standard within itself, and the only factor that affects it there is them.

    I reckon if a behaviour employee got slugged and never hooked (killed by slugging, even though he was let back up ect..) then the same would happen.

    Doesn't make it bannable by the rules.

    In league, it's not bannable unless someone can be proven to be working with the enemy team. Not just not doing anything productive to the game (sitting in the game but not taking cs. Just XP). And most cases this happened in the past is where this happened to my knowledge it was always due to them working together (a completely different issue)

    And no, it's not the same as that because that would require both teams doing nothing. The killer isn't doing nothing, they have downed you. They have fought off the others and downed them. These aren't the same.

    It would be like getting to the enemy nexus, and not finishing for 15 minutes. Doing objectives like dragon and baron, but not finishing. They can't be banned for that.

    You also havent addressed how killers need perks to stop survivors, but when it's the other way round you don't care about it. How about we make Franklin's or lightborn basekit. No more blinds or items in general.

    Or how about corrupt or ruin or PGTW basekit as they are needed to stop gen rushing.

    But of course you'll be against this.

    I love how you defend ######### toxic behaviour just because it's "not bannable".

    I had people hold me hostage in league for an hour because they wanted to "punish" me, I just turned on my macro and let my character run down lane every 3 minutes with auto-attack on.

  • Different people are upset by different things, so, if a four-man slug makes you so upset you want to DC, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. But the bargain you make when you do that is taking the penalty. You're basically saying, "I hate this so much that I'm willing to eat the penalty to get away from it." There's nothing wrong with doing that, but the penalty needs to exist to discourage people from doing it lightly.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025950#Comment_2025950

    I'm not defending it.

    I asked you, as you said that it is bannable in every other game, name a game. You have failed to do so. Nor have you adressed my point again after pointing it out again.

    Should we make Franklin's basekit as keys are toxic?

    Should we make ruin/corrupt/ pop basekit as gen rushing is "toxic"?

    Should we make things for killers basekit to deal with toxic things? Cuz I'd be down if we did it for all sides.

    Again you're counting legit normal gameplay Strategy in your weak arguments. Name me one situation where you'd let all 4 survivors bleed out simultaneously, and I'm not talking 1 guy being chased for 5 minutes I'm saying 4 ppl are down within the first 2 minutes of the match while the killer hooks nobody. You can't.

    And I named a situation. You just wont accept it, most TOS have rules against griefplay, them not being enforced on every case is a different story.

  • I think it's already been mentioned, but I too will point out that the killer gets more points for a survivor DCing than they do for a survivor bleeding out.

    On a related note, I had a hell of a time doing that challenge to pick two survivors up during a match. The moment I made that challenge active, I couldn't get a slugging killer to save my life. Absolutely maddening. (I did finally get it, but it took a lot of matches.)

  • @REL1_C said:

    Unbreakable should be base, that would fix everything.

    It would break far more things than it would fix.

  • no one like being slugged but it part of the game like a lot of thing on both sides.

  • 4 minute ban, you've gotta be leaving a lot of matches to get that... Yet you want to blame the killer for taking advantage of bad teamwork? You keep talking about what he did after slugging 4 Survivors, what I want to know is how he got you all down. How did this killer you claim to be horrible managed to put 4 Survivors in the dying state without one of you picking up your buddy? Were you all clumped together trying to body block? Did all 4 of you decide to work on the same gen in the middle of the map? Real easy to blame the killer for taking advantage of the terrible situation you put yourself in.

  • if the killer wasn't hooking any of the survivors that's holding the game hostage and is reportable, op. just so u know for the future.

  • I mean, survivor queue is usually longer than 4 mins....

    surely you can manage.

  • It's been months since I've been in a match like that so it's not all the time. Either bring unbreakable or just recover and sit on your phone till you get picked up or die on the floor. These matches are rare so there's no need to be bothered by it. Just accept that it is what it is and move onto the next match.

  • OPs 4 minute ban comment went over a lot of y'all's heads. The bleedout timer is 4 minutes, a DC ban is 5. They are saying the bleedout time is the unskippable "ban." I swear reading comprehension and context clues these days are ######### atrocious.

  • @Guildar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026415#Comment_2026415

    Wrong.

    Slugged Survivors bleed out, so the game still ends. So there's nothing to report.

    It’s not wrong, devs have literally said themselves it’s holding the game hostage.

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026876#Comment_2026876

    It’s not wrong, devs have literally said themselves it’s holding the game hostage.

    It's not holding the game hostage.

    Please provide a source for your claim that a developer has said it is.

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026876#Comment_2026876

    It’s not wrong, devs have literally said themselves it’s holding the game hostage.

    The only way to hold the game hostage is when you prevent the game from from coming to a conclusion.

    Survivors refusing to do gens, and hiding around the map for 20 minutes is holding the game hostage.

    A killer bodyblocking the last survivor in a corner before the egc is holding the game hostage.

    Slugging 4 survivors and letting them all bleed out is a dick move, but not holding the game hostage.

    See the difference?

    Check your facts before putting out statements like that on the forum. 👍

  • @Guildar said:

    If you DC to the point that you have timeouts, it's 100% your fault. You can make excuses all you want, but you're DCing allot to start getting punished.

    One DC equals One 5 min ban maybe don't comment on something you don't know anything about

  • @OmegaXII said:

    I mean, survivor queue is usually longer than 4 mins....

    surely you can manage.

    Dunno where you are but here in the UK I find that morning from 8-5 are basically instant matches for us

  • I have already seen that however it's so unclear it says slugging is non reportable except this wasn't slugging this was mass slugging. Any other game has clear rules that if you do these things you're gone but not dead by daylight the rules are too flexible they need to update their rules otherwise too many toxic people will get away with this kind of thing.

    It is clear. You got your answer. Slugging is not bannable. Otherwise you'd have to make hooking Survivors bannable, and that is ridiculous.

    Slugging is doing the Killer's objective. Their goal is to kill (hence the name) the Survivors by any means necessary, whether that is by Sacrificing them, leaving them to bleed out on the floor or executing them with a Mori.

    And to conclude this rant I say devs if by some miracle you read this fix your damn game before another company launches one of the same kind because there's will most likely be better and your game will die.

    I don't think they need to worry, considering I can think of at least four other games of the same genre that have released and have died since DBD released.

  • Slugging is not reportable.

    that’s a clear and not flexible rule.

  • I dont think it makes any difference if they slug 1 person or slug all 4 and just watch them. It sucks, but its not breaking any rules.

    Though, you might be able to report them if it's like targeted behavior. Like they constantly queue into you and slug you out, but proving that might take more trouble than its worth.

  • @Mooks said:

    Slugging is not reportable.

    that’s a clear and not flexible rule.

    Cool so I'm gonna go slug a bunch of survivors until death we'll see what everyone thinks to the rules then yea

  • Slugging, camping and tunneling are NOT bannable.

    You cannot report people for it.

    The only person who broke a rule was you, via DC'ing.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027164#Comment_2027164

    Cool so I'm gonna go slug a bunch of survivors until death we'll see what everyone thinks to the rules then yea

    Go for it. It's just as reportable as hooking Survivors and repairing Generators.

    i.e not at all.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027164#Comment_2027164

    Cool so I'm gonna go slug a bunch of survivors until death we'll see what everyone thinks to the rules then yea

    This childish behavior is clearly the way to go.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027164#Comment_2027164

    Cool so I'm gonna go slug a bunch of survivors until death we'll see what everyone thinks to the rules then yea

    I'll make myself a sandwich while you stay in the trial to make sure nobody has Unbreakable and gets away. Easy.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027164#Comment_2027164

    Cool so I'm gonna go slug a bunch of survivors until death we'll see what everyone thinks to the rules then yea

    Yeah you are free to do so.


    of course there will be survs that don’t like it - just like you. But there is also counterplay to it: Unbreakable, Soul Guard, No Mither, WGLF to name a few.


    also if you are basing this on end game chat complaining then hooking, teabagging, SWF, flashlights, Moris, keys should all be bannable as well.

  • 4 min is not very long time. If ur teammate left u on hook for 2 min will u report your teammate? It's just doing the hook but twice. Btw if survivors don't always run small pp build the killer won't have to camp your slug

  • Even if it's slugging from the beginning and/or multiple survivors being slugged, it's not a bannable offense as the game eventually ends. If the killer were to hook everyone within, let's say 2 minutes and then those survivors keep struggling till the end, the survivors aren't also holding the game hostage by doing so.

    A unfun experience does not equal rules being broken automatically. Many people don't enjoy being camped, but it's not breaking the rules, etc.

  • @Yumyumtasty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024964#Comment_2024964

    The OP mentions specifically not hooking the slugged people which is not any tactic, it's just griefplay.

    So is crouching at the gate until the killer kicks you out or the timer almost runs out. Survivors do this literally every game to rub it in and piss the killer off.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026686#Comment_2026686

    Dunno where you are but here in the UK I find that morning from 8-5 are basically instant matches for us

    In America, whether I play with friends across NA in teams of various sizes or by myself, at night time it's about 5mins+ or more for survivor queue. (idk about killers, probably instant)

    We play with a survivor friend in Asia whose queues go much faster, 2mins or so.

    I'd be sad if I bled out for 4mins. I haven't played a game where I felt for sure like I could AFK, since I'm usually picked up and not slugged for the whole time. At least when I queue, I can tab out knowing I'm not in a game and my chances to find a game wouldn't change.

1 2 ›