Why exploiting bugs is a bannable offense?

It's the equivallent of a country punishing people for exploiting badly made laws. Do you blame the lead which killed JFK or the person who shot him? (It was me btw).

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • You blame the person who exploited the bug?

  • "Why can't I exploit bugs to gain a competitive advantage and get away with it"

  • @ExalyThor said:

    It's the equivallent of a country punishing people for exploiting badly made laws. Do you blame the lead which killed JFK or the person who shot him? (It was me btw).

    Why dont you go to sea and kill someone, you are outside of country boarders. There things that are forbidden by logic and common sense and dont need an explecit warning for normal people.

  • So what if you do it on accident? How do you prove it?

  • If exploiting a bug gains a competitive advantage and someone uses that regularly (so obviously knows about it), why shouldn't they be banned?

    The whole point is where it gains an advantage, for example when you could split the cosmetics that didn't result in a ban because it gained no advantage.

  • Dead by Daylight is an asymmetrical multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught and killed.

    You should read this.

  • Because it's easier to ban you than fix the game.

    Remember when forever mending legion was a thing and they banned people for using add ons in the game. What do you expect lol.

  • "Why is cheating a bannable offense? It's punishing the player for badly made code and ingenuity."

    That's what you sound like.

  • Not a valid comparison for bugs are not the equivalents to real life laws, ingame rules are equivalen to real life laws.

    And the ingame rule is very clear about exploiting bugs "While participating in the Game, you also agree to comply with certain rules of conduct that govern your use of the Game (“Rules of Conduct”), for example you may not: Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented, and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage." Read the EULA its crystal clear.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    Because it's easier to ban you than fix the game.

    Remember when forever mending legion was a thing and they banned people for using add ons in the game. What do you expect lol.

    I'm glad there is one sane person who responded.

  • Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented, and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage."


    Do the fat shaming spots in the swamp come under this? They’ve been there for so long it seems more like an intended feature

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Not a valid comparison for bugs are not the equivalents to real life laws, ingame rules are equivalen to real life laws.

    And the ingame rule is very clear about exploiting bugs "While participating in the Game, you also agree to comply with certain rules of conduct that govern your use of the Game (“Rules of Conduct”), for example you may not: Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented, and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage." Read the EULA its crystal clear.

    So by your logic I shouldn't use the needle and thread add-on because I know it boosts healing speed yet it's not documented so therefore I should get banned if I do dare to use it.

  • Because Bhvr is providing a service and, like literally every business ever, they are allowed to create rules that customers must follow in order to continue using that service. This is pretty simple stuff, and I'm going to guess you know that.

  • Always a solid time when the community gets a little bit better and safer :)

  • Psh. i've seen survivors abuse the no-pickup bug for the last 3 years. but if a killer can walk over a pallet. they get a ban instantly. Seems fun =D

  • They certainly didn’t ban the armies of fresh quentins during the wake up bug.

    But legion mending bug? Mori spam? Insta ban.

    I actually read on these forums from a mod mori spam wasn’t bannable “because the bleed out timer is still going” but got a 3 day for doing it to a SWF with clown. I guess demoralizing a sweaty SWF is an in game advantage but wake up increasing ~gens~ wasn’t.

  • Yeah we are here don't worry. Many games have bugs and glitches that players use and the devs just patch them out ASAP and sometimes even apologise for their mistake. But for some strange reason this game gets held to a different standard. I mean why fix the game and accept the mistake is theirs when they can ban people that have spent upwards to £200 on their game and dedicated hundreds or even thousands of hours playing it. Seems reasonable lol.

  • @ExalyThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013368#Comment_2013368

    So by your logic I shouldn't use the needle and thread add-on because I know it boosts healing speed yet it's not documented so therefore I should get banned if I do dare to use it.

    Its not my logic, its their rules, read the EULA, if you exploit a bug to gain an unfair advantage they are in their right to ban you if they find out, there is no room for logics, interpretation or twists.

    Also Needle & Thread does have the increased speed on its description, I dont know what you talking about.

    20210311193729_1.jpg


  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013435#Comment_2013435

    Its not my logic, its their rules, read the EULA, if you exploit a bug to gain an unfair advantage they are in their right to ban you if they find out, there is no room for logics, interpretation or twists.

    Also Needle & Thread does have the increased speed on its description, I dont know what you talking about.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ANJIALZQWSZH/20210311193729-1.jpg

    So should I be out here reporting every survivor who DCs for hatch? Cause that’s heavily abused and been in the game for years now.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013500#Comment_2013500

    So should I be out here reporting every survivor who DCs for hatch? Cause that’s heavily abused and been in the game for years now.

    I like your name. Is it a reference to D12's Purple Pills track?

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013500#Comment_2013500

    So should I be out here reporting every survivor who DCs for hatch? Cause that’s heavily abused and been in the game for years now.

    No, because the devs have already said they have a system in place to punish DCers.

  • I do agree with everyone, you should be awarded with a custom charm for the first person to find a bug.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Because Bhvr is providing a service and, like literally every business ever, they are allowed to create rules that customers must follow in order to continue using that service. This is pretty simple stuff, and I'm going to guess you know that.

    Well I paid hard earned cash for this service and I DO intend to speak my mind about one of the rules which make no sense.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013500#Comment_2013500

    So should I be out here reporting every survivor who DCs for hatch? Cause that’s heavily abused and been in the game for years now.

    Thats not a bug, a bug is a glitch in the code that creates something unexpected, people disconecting, the game counting them as dead and opening the Hatch if there is only 1 Survivor left is intended. In any case if you think it should be considered an exploit report them by all means, you may be right and its ban worthy.

    Examples of bugs would be the never ending Legion Deep Wounds timer, it was never intended to increase the timer over and over and a Survivor exploit which I cant really remember but I do remember some people got banned, I think it had something to do with permanent Sprint Burst.

  • Someone doesn't agree with me = they're insane.

    Your logic is absolutely flawless.

    image.png


  • So you wouldn't blame a robber if they robbed your home empty while you were gone because a country's badly-made laws allowed them to do so?

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013509#Comment_2013509

    Thats not a bug, a bug is a glitch in the code that creates something unexpected, people disconecting, the game counting them as dead and opening the Hatch if there is only 1 Survivor left is intended. In any case if you think it should be considered an exploit report them by all means, you may be right and its ban worthy.

    Examples of bugs would be the never ending Legion Deep Wounds timer, it was never intended to increase the timer over and over and a Survivor exploit which I cant really remember but I do remember some people got banned, I think it had something to do with permanent Sprint Burst.

    I know what it was. But like I said I never heard of anyone getting banned for the wake up glitch. Never heard of anyone getting banned for spamming doc when he ignored DS. Never heard of people getting banned when certain killers got free enduring against DS.

    But if you don’t count DC for hatch as an exploit I don’t know how you can be counting using addons freely available in the game as an “exploit” worth banning people over.

    Both are abusing the game mechanics to get an advantage. You can nitpick all you want. It’s just combing hairs.

  • https://youtu.be/fX1CgCqKJOo

    This survivor found a fat shame spot on Lerys years ago. They stood there healing and it was impossible for me to catch them. I had no choice but to break off and chase the other 2 which I caught by sheer chance. Then this person got the hatch which was right next to the spot. This was before the EGC and closing the hatch.

    https://youtu.be/ljyVZ98TA1w

    This video is pretty dark because geforce's shadowplay doesn't upload to youtube very well -.-

    This guy found a spot he could crawl on top of and it was impossible for me to pick him up. Every single time I got even close to this guy he would run to this spot. Eventually I used him as bait to injure everyone else. He died of blood loss after people stopped trying to heal him.

    You think you should be allowed to abuse exploits and ruin someone's game because the devs haven't patched it yet? Your some kind of special and I don't mean that in a good way.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://youtu.be/fX1CgCqKJOo

    This survivor found a fat shame spot on Lerys years ago. They stood there healing and it was impossible for me to catch them. I had no choice but to break off and chase the other 2 which I caught by sheer chance. Then this person got the hatch which was right next to the spot. This was before the EGC and closing the hatch.

    https://youtu.be/ljyVZ98TA1w

    This video is pretty dark because geforce's shadowplay doesn't upload to youtube very well -.-

    This guy found a spot he could crawl on top of and it was impossible for me to pick him up. Every single time I got even close to this guy he would run to this spot. Eventually I used him as bait to injure everyone else. He died of blood loss after people stopped trying to heal him.

    You think you should be allowed to abuse exploits and ruin someone's game because the devs haven't patched it yet? Your some kind of special and I don't mean that in a good way.

    Yes I should because that motivates the devs to fix them faster and as Kirkylad said, apologize for letting a bug pass trough and ruin people's games.

  • @ExalyThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013586#Comment_2013586

    Yes I should because that motivates the devs to fix them faster and as Kirkylad said, apologize for letting a bug pass trough and ruin people's games.

    They should do both. Fix the bug and punish the exploiter. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

  • @ExalyThor said:

    It's the equivallent of a country punishing people for exploiting badly made laws. Do you blame the lead which killed JFK or the person who shot him? (It was me btw).

    Just because someone thinks a certain law is bad does not mean it is. Same applies to the rules. If you don't like the rules associated with the game make your own with your own set of rules. I'm not sure how well it would do with a player base that is allowed to exploit without any repercussions. A game like that would be pure chaos.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013552#Comment_2013552

    I know what it was. But like I said I never heard of anyone getting banned for the wake up glitch. Never heard of anyone getting banned for spamming doc when he ignored DS. Never heard of people getting banned when certain killers got free enduring against DS.

    But if you don’t count DC for hatch as an exploit I don’t know how you can be counting using addons freely available in the game as an “exploit” worth banning people over.

    Both are abusing the game mechanics to get an advantage. You can nitpick all you want. It’s just combing hairs.

    There is a difference, the Hatch opening when disconecting is intended, the developers want it to work that way, someone DCs and if there is only one guy left it opens. Legion stacking Deep Wounds for minutes with 2 add-ons was unintended, they didnt want to code it like that but it just glitched, it was never supposed to work like it did. In any case, the Developers are the ones deciding whats an exploit and what is banable not us, you dont like it you can always decline the EULA.

    And I heard of people being banned for some exploits long time ago, it was before the Wake Up thing.

  • @Mandy said:

    If exploiting a bug gains a competitive advantage and someone uses that regularly (so obviously knows about it), why shouldn't they be banned?

    The whole point is where it gains an advantage, for example when you could split the cosmetics that didn't result in a ban because it gained no advantage.

    So stretched res bannable when?

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/234065/why-exploiting-bugs-is-a-bannable-offense

    Just because someone thinks a certain law is bad does not mean it is. Same applies to the rules. If you don't like the rules associated with the game make your own with your own set of rules. I'm not sure how well it would do with a player base that is allowed to exploit without any repercussions. A game like that would be pure chaos.

    Idk, the most successful game (league of legends) is not punishing bug exploiters, the devs actually look forward to make people find and exploit bugs, so they can fix them.

  • On the topic the rules behind exploiting are weird. Stuff like old wake up wasnt considered bannable. But nurse using the addon that had a chance to make you move at light speed was.What differentiates the two? Using a addon that could (not a guarantee) make you move very fast vs a perk that allowed you to do everything 15% quicker. I don't remember if infinite mend legion was bannable.

    https://youtu.be/UDF1laqgsx4


  • Dude was given a clear and correct answer- but never had any intention of listening to it or anything, just solely wanted to complain about game bugs.

    Why even disguise it as a question? Just complain and get it over with, quit trying to come up with some false sense of validation or pretending to ask a question you never had any intention of actually wanting an answer to. It's a waste of everyone's time.

  • The thread seems to be going back and forth and it has been answered already. If something is exploitable to give someone an advantage the other doesn't have, why would it not be bannable? Something that's harmless would most likely not result in a ban if it doesn't affect anyone, but if it's anything that gives one party an advantage, then it should be. When you play the game, there are a set of rules you agree to, the EULA of Dead by Daylight, the platform you're on and our game rules.