So about Billy..

I see so many people claiming that Billy was nerfed to oblivion and that hes un playable or not viable anymore.

Anyone who says this is either just jumping on a bandwagon, or you were never a good billly player to begin with.

The only major change that actually affects anyone whos good with him is the change to addons. The "overheat" is negligible for anyone who could even be close to being considered a good billy. "But but but.. I cant just facecamp and rev my chainsaw anymore!!!" Right. Doing so was stupid and nothing about it made you a good player. The heat goes down fast enough without addons that its literally ignorable, unless you are chainsawing across the map 4 times before finding anyone, which should never happen except aagainst maybe the scaredest blendettes in existence, and at that point the games an easy win anyway.

"But but but.. my instasaws!?!?!?!?" Again, not necessary in the slightest and they were an absolute crutch for mediocre billy players. Thats it. Nothing more.

"But but but.. I cant curve!!!!" Youre just bad at curving then. Nothing about curving has changed other than the speed addons being slightly more difficult to use, but again, they are not needed and any good billy can land curves without any addons. Yes, they helped. But much like instas, they were a crutch.

"But but but... he roars and its stupid!" Oh. My. #########. God. Damn. Get over yourself. You can dislike the roar, thats fair, but it in no way affects his gameplay. Not in any way at all.

"But but but.. animations!" Oh no. He looks different when performing x,y,z action. Again, no change to gameplay mechanics.

In short, you can still fake rev at pallet loops. You can still curve. Instas were never needed and have always been a crutch. The overheat is laughable to anyone with any competence.

Billy is fine. Hes not gutted. Hes still A tier easily. If you cant play him, thats fine, but it doesnt mean hes bad in any way, shape, or form.

Edit.. "I never see billy so he must be trash now" or something similar.. ok.. how often do yall see nurse? Blight? Both are considered very strong yet rarely played. Just because they arent common doesnt mean theyre bad.

Hop off the bandwagon and dump out your koolaid please. Open your eyes.

Comments

  • @glitchboi said:

    I mean the community ain't wrong, Billy is a lot more difficult to have fun with. If you want high-skilled plays you're gonna have to get Overheated at least once per game and it's ridiculous. Imagine you're about to get a perfect curve in a loop and then out of nowhere your chainsaw deactivates for like 10 seconds. It's ridiculous.

    All Billy needed was an addon rework. His new addons are pretty well-designed and the new instasaw requires effort to get downs with, so if they remove the Overheat mechanic and rework the addons relating to the Overheat feature then I'd be more than happy.

    In short, the Overheat mechanic discourages Billy players from going for skill-based plays.

    if you overheat then something must be wrong cause I played so many games as reworked Billy and I never overheated once and I didn’t use addons

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009135#Comment_2009135

    if you overheat then something must be wrong cause I played so many games as reworked Billy and I never overheated once and I didn’t use addons

    Do you curve in loops? Do you mindgame with the chainsaw in loops? Have you ever used double engravings on Billy after the rework?

  • I think Billy, just like nurse, was turned into a binary character. There are just 2 Types now, billys that get a 3-4 kill with only 2-3 gens done, and billys that are lucky when they get 1 kill. The same is true with nurse, with those killers, there is no middle ground anymore, there is beginner and expert, but never anything in the middle.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009142#Comment_2009142

    Do you curve in loops? Do you mindgame with the chainsaw in loops? Have you ever used double engravings on Billy after the rework?

    Curving short loops successfully is near impossible, ill give you that. Mindgaming via fake rev however, is incredibly easy. I stated in my original post that its still very much a thing. And yes, ive tried double engravings. Its not good. You are missing the point though. Ive stated multiple times in this discussion that using engravings is harder than it was before. Thats fine. You can still curve without them. They made some curves easier. Thats fair. But they are not nor have they ever been needed.

  • Nah.. they've been hinting at The Pig being next.

    To the topic at hand I don't play Billy much but man is his limp the stuff of motion sickness legends.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009149#Comment_2009149

    Curving short loops successfully is near impossible, ill give you that. Mindgaming via fake rev however, is incredibly easy. I stated in my original post that its still very much a thing. And yes, ive tried double engravings. Its not good. You are missing the point though. Ive stated multiple times in this discussion that using engravings is harder than it was before. Thats fine. You can still curve without them. They made some curves easier. Thats fair. But they are not nor have they ever been needed.

    I didn't mean fake revving, but anyways I'm just gonna say that Billy is no longer the skill-based killer he used to be, but he is now just a mobility-based killer who can instadown survivors in close proximity similar to old Bubba with the occasional instadown across the map. He lost most of his loved qualities.

    Billy is still a viable killer, but he's not the same. Was Overheat really necessary? You can argue that it prevents facecamping with the chainsaw, but Billies who did that were only making it more difficult for themselves.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009142#Comment_2009142

    Do you curve in loops? Do you mindgame with the chainsaw in loops? Have you ever used double engravings on Billy after the rework?

    Yes I have I curved at loops and was able to down successfully and I used double engravings and I never overheated when I played.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009149#Comment_2009149

    Yes I have I curved at loops and was able to down successfully and I used double engravings and I never overheated when I played.

    I honestly don't know what to say then.

  • An overheat mechanic and a roar was added..

    I’d be willing to bet money that if you disabled the ability to use addons at all but reverted Billy back to pre-roar Billy then he would likely be seen a lot more.

  • I'll have to give Billy another look. But from what I've seen, I didn't think he got hit too hard. I mean, his mobility is still ######### incredible.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009077#Comment_2009077

    Ive had randon branches stop me 2 times. Thats it. They really arent as big an issue as people wanna say. As for the engravings, I stated in my post that they are slightly harder to use now. However, they are not needed for curving. They help. But not needed. They are a crutch. They helped bad billys before the rework and now bad billys cant play billy.

    Imagine saying engravings were a CRUTCH, LMAO.

    If anything was a god damn crutch it were the addons that reduced charge time, definitely not engravings

    Also, engravings not needed for curving? Yeah bro, let me give the survivor 2 mins to react to my curve or give them enough time to get around the corner. I lost count how many times I wished I had doom engravings instead of Death engravings since that extra speed would've made the difference.

    Meanwhile, Blight's rush is faster than Billy's without addons.

    You have to be trolling with this post. I'm not even gonna take you seriously anymore.

    Or are you just better than everyone here?

    Imagine saying Billy is A tier lmao.

    I don't even remember the last time I've seen a DECENT Billy as survivor that knows what a curve is. Most are M1 or they'll only rev once they're breathing down your neck. Even then, they miss...

    -------------

    If what you were saying is right, you'd have more people agree with you but looks like you can't break more than 2 upvotes per comment & your main post is only 3 upvotes. Ignore this fact then.

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009133#Comment_2009133

    Imagine saying engravings were a CRUTCH, LMAO.

    If anything was a god damn crutch it were the addons that reduced charge time, definitely not engravings

    Also, engravings not needed for curving? Yeah bro, let me give the survivor 2 mins to react to my curve or give them enough time to get around the corner. I lost count how many times I wished I had doom engravings instead of Death engravings since that extra speed would've made the difference.

    Meanwhile, Blight's rush is faster than Billy's without addons.

    You have to be trolling with this post. I'm not even gonna take you seriously anymore.

    Or are you just better than everyone here?

    Imagine saying Billy is A tier lmao.

    I don't even remember the last time I've seen a DECENT Billy as survivor that knows what a curve is. Most are M1 or they'll only rev once they're breathing down your neck. Even then, they miss...

    -------------

    If what you were saying is right, you'd have more people agree with you but looks like you can't break more than 2 upvotes per comment & your main post is only 3 upvotes. Ignore this fact then.

    People have been making the silliest arguments. Just cuz yall are bad billys and cant play without OP ######### to carry you, doesnt mean billy is bad.

    Im done with this discussion as about half the replies are angry people thinking they were good with billy and refusing to accept that they werent and arent.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009260#Comment_2009260

    People have been making the silliest arguments. Just cuz yall are bad billys and cant play without OP ######### to carry you, doesnt mean billy is bad.

    Im done with this discussion as about half the replies are angry people thinking they were good with billy and refusing to accept that they werent and arent.

    "People have been making the silliest arguments. Just cuz yall are bad billys and cant play without OP [BAD WORD] to carry you, doesnt mean billy is bad.

    Im done with this discussion as about half the replies are angry people thinking they were good with billy and refusing to accept that they werent and arent."

    tenor (1).gif


  • I think most people agree the insta saw needed to go but the over heat mechanic wasn't needed. Since the change I hardly see him anymore, which is a shame because he was one of my fave killers to go against 😔

  • @Acromio said:

    If you don't think he's trash now, you never played him that much to begin with. The useless new addons and that ludicrous and completely unnecessary cooldown aren't even the most insulting part of his nerf. No, the most insulting part of it are the numerous shadownerfs they gave him in prior patches, those that messed with his movement speed when he charges the chainsaw, his maneuverability during the sprint, the narrowing of his FOV, etc.

    They completely destroyed him, just like the nurse.

    What are you talking about..??

    Don't know about Billy, but my nurse is still solid.. I still get 4k about 80%of the time.. it's actually boring.. but effective..

  • Never played billy but as a survivor I miss the old one. He was a little bit overused yeah but it was fun. Now I hardly see any billy and if I do it just isn't the same. He doesn't feel like a threat as he was before the nerf.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The real nerf to Billy was adding the unnecessary and nauseating head bobbing.

    Head bob

    Fov nerf

    Curve lock

    Terrain interference

    new maps have more and more junk in the way

    stupid obnoxious roar

    Loud af chase music

    all round unpleasant to play.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008719#Comment_2008719

    As I stated in the post, his addons were crutches. They are now fixed. Granted, I agree some of them are near useless but that doesnt change the fact that at base, hes still A tier easily. And again, in the post i stated that the heat is a laughable mechanic for anyone with competence. No one whos any good at all will ever overheat.

    "His add-ons are fixed now, granted some are near useless" 🤨

    Most of his add-ons are actually so situational that they are funny or even detrimental to his gameplay.

    Chainsaw cools faster when hit with a flashlight, chainsaw charges slightly faster after being stunned with a pallet, gain undetectable after landing a chainsaw down, and my favorite, a very rare that slightly increases charge speed but nerfs chase speed🤪.

    I've stopped using him because I can go through a full million bp on him and end up with maybe 10 to 15 usable add-ons.


  • 1q8woa.jpg

    Hadn't seen any for a hot minute until yesterday. I've seen Billys now for the last 2 days in red ranks, and honestly, he still catches bodies. he's also as obnoxious as ever to deal with in the right hands. I think you're spot on in your posts OP, and once people didn't see him as mighty as he was those "masses" flocked to the next best thing

  • people aren't playing him because it's boring and tedious

  • Billy and his addons needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Addons needs a massive buff and billy needs to be fixed,fov-animations-roar.

  • Billy may still be a very strong killer, but he is just absolutely miserable to play. That overhead mechanic is just so oppressive, it makes it so that you can barely use your chainsaw unless you're going to very quickly get a hit.

    If they're going to keep Overheart, they should revert it back to its first live-server iteration, where it existed almost purely to stop facecamping.

  • @Shoottokill_Shinsou said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233679/so-about-billy

    We all know he wasn't gutted. Anyone who says otherwise has some serious mental issues. Oh, and also, hi! This is one of my alt accounts. The one you know me from was Snap_Tobiyume.

    did u get banned on the other one?

    Edit: @Snap_Tobiyume you actually did hah?

    image.png image.png


    @MandyTalk @Rizzo90 @Gay Myers (Luzi)

    You played yourself

  • @Fuzzels said:

    I see so many people claiming that Billy was nerfed to oblivion and that hes un playable or not viable anymore.

    Anyone who says this is either just jumping on a bandwagon, or you were never a good billly player to begin with.

    The only major change that actually affects anyone whos good with him is the change to addons. The "overheat" is negligible for anyone who could even be close to being considered a good billy. "But but but.. I cant just facecamp and rev my chainsaw anymore!!!" Right. Doing so was stupid and nothing about it made you a good player. The heat goes down fast enough without addons that its literally ignorable, unless you are chainsawing across the map 4 times before finding anyone, which should never happen except aagainst maybe the scaredest blendettes in existence, and at that point the games an easy win anyway.

    "But but but.. my instasaws!?!?!?!?" Again, not necessary in the slightest and they were an absolute crutch for mediocre billy players. Thats it. Nothing more.

    "But but but.. I cant curve!!!!" Youre just bad at curving then. Nothing about curving has changed other than the speed addons being slightly more difficult to use, but again, they are not needed and any good billy can land curves without any addons. Yes, they helped. But much like instas, they were a crutch.

    "But but but... he roars and its stupid!" Oh. My. #########. God. Damn. Get over yourself. You can dislike the roar, thats fair, but it in no way affects his gameplay. Not in any way at all.

    "But but but.. animations!" Oh no. He looks different when performing x,y,z action. Again, no change to gameplay mechanics.

    In short, you can still fake rev at pallet loops. You can still curve. Instas were never needed and have always been a crutch. The overheat is laughable to anyone with any competence.

    Billy is fine. Hes not gutted. Hes still A tier easily. If you cant play him, thats fine, but it doesnt mean hes bad in any way, shape, or form.

    Edit.. "I never see billy so he must be trash now" or something similar.. ok.. how often do yall see nurse? Blight? Both are considered very strong yet rarely played. Just because they arent common doesnt mean theyre bad.

    Hop off the bandwagon and dump out your koolaid please. Open your eyes.

    This post is wrong on multiple levels.

    Number one, if he was strong, more people would use him. We see a ton of Spirits and freddys because they are strong. Players use the best characters

    number 2, Billy is way too high of a skill curve for way too little reward. If you are going to dump that kind of time into killer, you are much better off playing Nurse since she has much more potential. Billy is a waste of time.

  • You must be a godlike billy then because even 2016 billy mains dislike playing as billy

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233679/so-about-billy

    This post is wrong on multiple levels.

    Number one, if he was strong, more people would use him. We see a ton of Spirits and freddys because they are strong. Players use the best characters

    number 2, Billy is way too high of a skill curve for way too little reward. If you are going to dump that kind of time into killer, you are much better off playing Nurse since she has much more potential. Billy is a waste of time.

    The last line hurt.

    Billy players that know what a curve is, dumped a lot of hours & still play him are the underdogs.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008637#Comment_2008637

    Did you not read any of the post? I literally stated why hes not gone. Played less, sure. But hes still easily A tier. Hes played less because people decided to drink the koolaid and jump on the bandwagon of "oh hes so bad now" when nothing important actually changed

    Definitely was a bandwagon being jumped on with his nerf. It was probably because the community rated him as a balanced killer and his base kit got nerfed when it was supposed to be insta-saw removed.

    I think you got to ask yourself why play Billy when you can play Oni? I think that's where a lot of Billy players migrated to. He's much easier to land insta down hits and gets his power up quite easily. If Oni wasn't in the game I'd say the play rate of Billy would have remained popular.

    I do miss playing against Billy though. Always a treat to verse an OG Billy main.

  • Billy is a fun killer. It was designed so well, so even that huge nerf with unneeded overheat and new addons, half of which are useless -- did not kill the fun of playing Billy. So I still enjoy playing him. Until next nerf...

  • billy is an easy example of hivemind, he got changed and everyone dropped him like a stone because 'nerfed' just like how spirits appearances went down because she got collision removed

    community thinks changes = nerfs = useless for some reason

    everything you could do with billy before the overheat was introduced you can still do, you just cant charge your saw in 0.5 seconds anymore. Such a nerf!

  • @remoirel said:

    billy is an easy example of hivemind, he got changed and everyone dropped him like a stone because 'nerfed' just like how spirits appearances went down because she got collision removed

    community thinks changes = nerfs = useless for some reason

    everything you could do with billy before the overheat was introduced you can still do, you just cant charge your saw in 0.5 seconds anymore. Such a nerf!

    If that's the case....

    Where are the hillbillies ?

    I see more Nurse than I see Billy

    I see more Spirit than I see Billy. Spirit is a DLC killer. Billy is Free. Where are all the red ranks Billies?

    Nurse & Spirit got nerfed, same with Billy... Why are those two perming better than Billy?

    I haven't seen a good Billy in like half a year

    What's your argument?

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009959#Comment_2009959

    If that's the case....

    Where are the hillbillies ?

    I see more Nurse than I see Billy

    I see more Spirit than I see Billy. Spirit is a DLC killer. Billy is Free. Where are all the red ranks Billies?

    Nurse & Spirit got nerfed, same with Billy... Why are those two perming better than Billy?

    I haven't seen a good Billy in like half a year

    What's your argument?

    i... just told you? dropped because they cant run instasaw

  • @remoirel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009976#Comment_2009976

    i... just told you? dropped because they cant run instasaw

    nice argument, shame it's wrong

  • @remoirel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009976#Comment_2009976

    i... just told you? dropped because they cant run instasaw

    Billy wasn't all about insta saw...

    Those that abused insta saw are gone, those that actually mained him for good reasons are also gone.

    They removed insta saw but something else happened:

    • Unnecessary changes to his base kit.
    • FOV change
    • Bugs
    • Ghost saws
    • Garbage and uninteresting addons.
    • The horrible hitboxes on some of the reworked maps.
    • Garbage and clutter on the reworked maps
    • Idk about you, but I absolutely despise breakable walls. I love when they vault and I can't curve around trough the doorway because I have to either chainsaw the door or do the break animation if my chainsaw is about to overheat
    • Once you start revving your chainsaw you get an instant 5% heat buildup. Use this with engravings, see how much you like it.
    • The infamous overheat mechanic. Essentially limiting his power.
    • A limit on his gen patrol.
    • You have to become a 115% m1 limp Billy once your chainsaw overheats. Imagine designing a killer's power only to limit it afterwards. Is this what you wanted your killer to become?
    • Curving & Trial n' Error curves are now more punishing. Trying to mindgame with your chainsaw now you also have to keep note of your overheat ontop of the charge. Trying to mindgame two times will overheat your chainsaw.
    • The ear-shattering noise the chainsaw makes when it overheats.
    • Rage inducing moments when ur about to chainsaw someone but it overheats.
    • They also slowed his rush, he is slower than Blight in his rush without addons... You can literally react to a Billy that's trying to curve you without engravings
    • The ugly roar

    Big maps that were an advantage to Billy, now hurt him due to the overheat mechanic. What's a Billy got to do in a small map ? Gideon ? Hawkins? Midwitch outside of going trough the hallways since the loops are terrible and some of them have horrendous hitboxes...

    MUST I NAME MORE?

    OhTofu a widely known Billy main who has Full Legacy on him, who was extremely good at him has dropped Billy after the nerf and only plays him on requests / donations and videos for Youtube.

    LOOK AT THIS:

    image.png image.png

    These were the changes the BHVR balance team decided that were good.

    • Ontop of adding an overheat mechanic, they added more charge time to these addons
    • Death engravings is slower than a stack of PWYF. Doom engravings was only 2% faster
    • 3% and 7% are absolutely abysmal changes to his movement

    Mind you, the overheat mechanic after his rework was 2x more punishing. Imagine using engravings back then. Are you even AWARE OF THE ADDONS HE RECEIVED WHEN THE REWORKED GOT RELEASED ???? Buggy, uninteresting, broken, USELSS ADDONS.... And BHVR has the nerve to deem as a success.

    These changes were reverted after his backlash

    The biggest slap to the face of billy mains? Blight was released after shortly after

    Billy got the Demogorgon treatment.

    • Released / Reworked. Never to be touched again in a long while while only some numbers could've been tweaked to make him better.


  • For me the worst part of billy is the fov when charging the saw. Survivors abuse that aproaching you and is almost a matter of luck if you hit them or not.

    Bubba is better than Billy in everything except mobility. I was a main Billy back then, now I'm not anymore I still play him sometimes to have fun running around.

  • Billy has the worst addons in the game. He is my least favorite killer to play because bubba just outclasses him and billy's chainsaw is so trash to control. He has the wonkiest hitboxes and can easily get robbed. Bully magnet for whoever doesnt have hundreds of hours on him.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009119#Comment_2009119

    Relying on addons is a silly way to play. Base kit Billy is perfect. If you wanna say others are better because they have better addons.. like alright, why ever play anyone but iri and belt huntress

    he didn't say that the other killers are better because of their addons. He just said that his add-on are bad (most of billy add-on are complete useless or there too weak) he said that blight,bubba and oni are better then billy in one aspect of his ability (mobiliy, downing and snowballing) the now overheat mechanic make billy unfun. Newer players might be discouraged from playing him because they have to worry about overheating. I think the overheat mechanic should punish people who use his chainsaw too much but how it work now doesn't justify it and there was a time where it does punish people who excessively use the chainsaw while being fair and most people loved it till it got changed to What it is now. I Do think they should revert it back and change his addon to be more fun and unigue too then I won't be playing him anytime soon

  • Everyone agrees that they made a huge mistake nerfing him in every way possible. Bhvr shouldn’t only make immediate changes when survivor players are asking but they should please killer players too because whe paid for the same game and put the same amount of money on this game.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008697#Comment_2008697

    Because a lot of billys relied on instasaws or were just really bad with him. Now that they cant rely on instas and face camping with a revved saw, they quit playing him. Also the mob mentality of "oh man this dude says hes bad so he must be bad. Hey everyone, hes bad." And it just ripples because sheeple.

    You are so full of sugar honey iced tea.


    You act like you're the only billy player whose legacy or mained him from jump street. He absolutely has changed, and MULTIPLE people have confirmed this again and again.


    I was red rank with billy for over a year, stopped playing him because I wanted to try different killers for a while. When I played billy after the nerf, it was a night and day difference in perspective. His flick was definitely shadow nerfed, he cannot turn like he used to (my sensitivity hasn't changed in 4 years)


    And you want to talk bandwaggoning? Keep saying his overheat has NO EFFECT, like that isn't the dumbest crap, he can't feather like he before, he can't cross the map and return without risk, etc. It reduces his fun factor by a mile, and I've seen players such as Otz overheat and it cost them in chase, so miss me with that BS.


    Just because you can still win with him doesn't mean he wasn't changed for the worst. He's just not as fun anymore, period

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009260#Comment_2009260

    People have been making the silliest arguments. Just cuz yall are bad billys and cant play without OP ######### to carry you, doesnt mean billy is bad.

    Im done with this discussion as about half the replies are angry people thinking they were good with billy and refusing to accept that they werent and arent.

    Damn imagine saying killers like scott otz and tru3 are bad when all 3 of them have said in the past billy didnt need overheat. And otz is a tourney player.

  • the Overheat retired Billy's Experts. They are using another killer. I want Revving adds & Sprinting adds lowered a bit. Or Heat dissipates at a rate is increase. I miss Hillbilly.

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008790#Comment_2008790

    Once again. His changes only affected people who were bad with him to begin with. I play him at reds, against reds all the time, and I land saws consistently. Jukes happen. Im not a god. But even still, ive never over heated while trying to saw someone. And if you read some of the replies, multiple people have said they dont overheat even when new to his rework. If YOU cant play him, thats fine. The issue isnt with him, its with you.

    “He’s not bad you are”- someone who doesn’t play billy


    Even billy mains who had over 5k hours in him alone don’t even play him anymore because he’s so dog. You’re a survivor main in disguise if you think you’re ever getting a chainsaw off against any good survivor who isn’t out of position

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009983#Comment_2009983

    Billy wasn't all about insta saw...

    Those that abused insta saw are gone, those that actually mained him for good reasons are also gone.

    They removed insta saw but something else happened:

    • Unnecessary changes to his base kit.
    • FOV change
    • Bugs
    • Ghost saws
    • Garbage and uninteresting addons.
    • The horrible hitboxes on some of the reworked maps.
    • Garbage and clutter on the reworked maps
    • Idk about you, but I absolutely despise breakable walls. I love when they vault and I can't curve around trough the doorway because I have to either chainsaw the door or do the break animation if my chainsaw is about to overheat
    • Once you start revving your chainsaw you get an instant 5% heat buildup. Use this with engravings, see how much you like it.
    • The infamous overheat mechanic. Essentially limiting his power.
    • A limit on his gen patrol.
    • You have to become a 115% m1 limp Billy once your chainsaw overheats. Imagine designing a killer's power only to limit it afterwards. Is this what you wanted your killer to become?
    • Curving & Trial n' Error curves are now more punishing. Trying to mindgame with your chainsaw now you also have to keep note of your overheat ontop of the charge. Trying to mindgame two times will overheat your chainsaw.
    • The ear-shattering noise the chainsaw makes when it overheats.
    • Rage inducing moments when ur about to chainsaw someone but it overheats.
    • They also slowed his rush, he is slower than Blight in his rush without addons... You can literally react to a Billy that's trying to curve you without engravings
    • The ugly roar

    Big maps that were an advantage to Billy, now hurt him due to the overheat mechanic. What's a Billy got to do in a small map ? Gideon ? Hawkins? Midwitch outside of going trough the hallways since the loops are terrible and some of them have horrendous hitboxes...

    MUST I NAME MORE?

    OhTofu a widely known Billy main who has Full Legacy on him, who was extremely good at him has dropped Billy after the nerf and only plays him on requests / donations and videos for Youtube.

    LOOK AT THIS:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZCI5UX1ELISI/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C6Z3KP6JJLK0/image.png

    These were the changes the BHVR balance team decided that were good.

    • Ontop of adding an overheat mechanic, they added more charge time to these addons
    • Death engravings is slower than a stack of PWYF. Doom engravings was only 2% faster
    • 3% and 7% are absolutely abysmal changes to his movement

    Mind you, the overheat mechanic after his rework was 2x more punishing. Imagine using engravings back then. Are you even AWARE OF THE ADDONS HE RECEIVED WHEN THE REWORKED GOT RELEASED ???? Buggy, uninteresting, broken, USELSS ADDONS.... And BHVR has the nerve to deem as a success.

    These changes were reverted after his backlash

    The biggest slap to the face of billy mains? Blight was released after shortly after

    Billy got the Demogorgon treatment.

    • Released / Reworked. Never to be touched again in a long while while only some numbers could've been tweaked to make him better.

    This exactly, and people that say "oh you needed insta saw to win" clearly are the ones that complained about billy because they are bad against billies.

    What Pilot said here all is true.

1 2 ›