Quitting to give someone hatch
I hope you all get banned for it. So stupid and frustrating after securing yourself a win to some salty survivors who can't lose.
I hope you all get banned for it. So stupid and frustrating after securing yourself a win to some salty survivors who can't lose.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Dcing is not punished
Even fogstreamers that are supported by BHVR regularly derank by DCing, that should tell you enough
Dcing is not punished
Even fogstreamers that are supported by BHVR regularly derank by DCing, that should tell you enough
Streamers who do it, it's even more gross
Not only steamers, fog streamers which are officially supported by the devs
Tried to play it out fair, but the killer was too sweaty.
Your options are to either finish the Gen or one of you dies, get good pls that's so cheap
There was no way we could get the gen done against an overcharge hag like that. That's on us, sure, but there is no need to get so salty when given the option to kill a Survivor.
After i spent all game winning and earned the 4k? "i'm not letting him get the hook on me" dc's "take your 3k". I'm salty? LOL
Killers whining about this are the same that slug a survivor to get that 4k. Why would someone lie on the ground for 4 minutes. If I know a survivor is on the hatch I gladly dc to not give the killer his 4k. Its a teamgame 1v4 not 1v1v1v1v1.
That's right. I don't support dc usually, but that guy lost all bps by doing that... I think it's just beautiful
The second match in this video is relevant to the conversation. Skip to 27:15
Hello new forum member, how are u doing?
So killers are allowed to dc from a group of toxic swf? k
There's perks like Unbreakable and No Mither to counter slugging noobcake. Sounds like you got owned and can't take an L.
Guess what, chosen perks are randomly helpful, especially as a survivor. I think everyone will agree on how many times survivors have "wasted" perk slots.
So if someone has unbreakable while the killer is slugging, good for that survivor!
Not to mention that the killer should be really stupid to slug a no mither user since it can be seen at the very beginning of the match.
EDIT: i'll give back your "owned", @chemical_reject is taking a nap.
I've done teams of mixed and we all had one or the other, you know it works for those versatile few that don't rely on 1 build.
I have quit to give someone the hatch, i refuse to get slugged and left on the ground several minutes. I'm not playing that game. It is the only time i DC and it isn't anywhere near enough to ban me based on the amount of games i play.
I haven't been playing that long, for sure, but it is completely cheap. Sure, they lose BP for doing it, but they're also cheating the killer out of a Hook.
Yes, I use the word cheating intentionally. There are mechanics built into the game to win.
You can use a perk, the other survivor could escape and come heal you after you recover, The other survivor could get hooked and kill themselves attempting to escape, (Or 4% of the time actually escape), and come heal you. You could use DS after getting picked up, you can wiggle free.
Survivors have tons of options to get back up and keep going when downed. Its the killers job to try and kill all four survivors.
You can think its justifiable cheating if you want to, but lets not pretend its intended gameplay mechanics.
Wait people should be banned for giving a fellow survivor a sporting chance to survive? I'm assuming you mean dying on the hook. The poor killer has to settle for a 3k?
What a cruel world we live in.
I'm sure it doesn't matter. Why can't i have my victory if i downed all of you?
I thought this was going to be about survivors purposely not struggling to give their teammate the hatch. Which is possibly the single highest source of anger I have felt playing this game.
The amount of times someone cost me huge so they could have their struggle points is beyond insane now. Don't get me wrong. I go for the save. But if we are playing the type of killer who just isn't going to let it happen. There is no point. Im not gonna unhook you so he can just smack you right down then chase me over to the hatch. Which is always right near the hook in these instances. He will briefly give me openings to get it because the person is still struggling. But after the person dies I have no chance. Only because he is watching how much struggle they have left.
Just got cost 21,000 because of this. To top it off the killer always acts like a jerk in this situation. Motion to the hatch and dance around. Whoa, a DC and a Noed and you coudl win? What a hero!
Because downing everyone doesn't guarantee you a 4k. Its like a survivor asking why can't they all escape just because all the gens got repaired.
Dc is why I gave up on getting evil incarnate...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9hkeHDbKZs&feature=youtu.be
Geez, that's a bit much.
I will get all of my struggle points.
Special place in hell for me, and i can afford it.
I won't DC to give someone the hatch, but I'll stop struggling when they find it and give the universal sign that they are about to escape. Teabag mania ftw! DC'ing is kinda foolish though. No BP, depipped, and add a notch on the DC softban line. I'd rather see someone escape though, so giving up on the hook when they find the hatch is reasonable.
Slugging is a legitimate tactic and should just be accepted. There's plenty of opportunity to block it by playing smart and healing/decoying as needed. If you aren't keeping an eye on your teammates, sucks to be you when you're the last one standing and 3 others are either dead or creeping along the ground bleeding out.
Could always uh, remove the hatch...
Just wow
If the game is over im not button mashing let alone to stick it someone else and potential deny them the hatch.
I'd generally agree, craze about 4K is stupid, 3K is nice enough.
But DC is not the way to go about it.
I kind of get why people DC when being slugged or at least some of them. They know they've lost and they'd rather not wait a minute to inevitably be hooked and would rather DC just to go on to the next game.
In this circumstance I feel like some sort of suicide / forfeit option should be a thing. The body of the survivor stays on the ground so the 4th survivor can't cheaply escape through hatch and the 3rd to last survivor can move on without waiting when they know for sure they're dead. I'm not a fan of it personally but I know a good amount of DC's in this scenario are just people wanting to move on to play another game and know they've lost.
I feel your pain. I had to wait for rank reset back when you could derank to 20 so I could play with new players just to ensure I played with people who didn't realize DC'ing was an option and even so I ended up playing a 25 minute match where 10 minutes of it was me camping hatch to ensure the 4k so I never had to try and do that again. Full disclaimer on the hatch camping it was on a map with a cornfield and I couldn't see anything.
If you can't handle being in Dying State, in a game called Dead by Daylight, perhaps the game is not for you.
Grow up guys.
Holding me hostage for 4-5 minutes while you look for the other person i guess is ok?
Did you just called slugging "Being held hostage for 4-5 minutes :'o "
LUL
Disconnecting to bail out your friend?
ABSOLUTELY REPREHENSIBLE!
If you played good, you deserved the 4K.
The hatch mechanic should be changed, so not only one survivor is able to escape.
I'm not going to sit on the ground and bleed out because you NEED to find that last person to secure your "victory" if crows start circling i'm out. If you are using it in the middle or beginning of the game to slug with knockout and or 3rd seal that is different and an actual strategy. 2 dead 1 downed and you leave them to find the fourth is not the same game play.