No, Iridescent hatchet is not toxic you are.

Often when I use Iri Hatchet I'll get messages from survivors, a few of them disconnect, and their message is the same. They call me toxic or trash and seem to be outraged. Who is being toxic here? A killer, by nature, is automatically perceived as toxic because, yes it is my mission to slice you and hook you until you die. So survivors see themselves as saints sometimes and the hypocrisy just gets to me. I'm just playing the game and using add ons offered in the game. I'm still at a mid level with huntress, so if I go in with no good perks or add ons, gens pop instantly and if they are high level survivors, by 4th gen I'll probably have 1 hook if that. So, if I get a 4k with my perks and add ons and 4 or all gens have been completed, then it was a good run on both sides. What is toxic is directly contacting your opponent to spew your insults and then claim it is they who are toxic. This game is a great insight into humans and monsters, so we should look at ourselves in the mirror and ask, am I the monster?....

I have fun most of the time when I'm a killer but get weird messages sometimes from survivors because the "sensed" I was mad and I should "git good". If i was not tunneling or camping, just don't. Any other killers out there having good times then suddenly a survivor thunder cloud enters your dms?

Comments

  • Love going against ir hatchet, gives her a more commanding presence. Also like that teammates start playing smart instead of running straight at the killer.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974303#Comment_1974303

    Who isn't in red ranks at this point? It's literally so easy to get there. Rank doesn't mean skill for this same reason. Also, hatchets are super easy to hit. Its called holding them. So it's actually pretty easy to hit 100% of the time.

    My point was regarding how often huntress is able to hit with her hatchets. I see many huntresses missing shots but also getting great ones. In my opinion iri heads aren't THAT OP. But you are arguing with my opinion rather than discussing it.. yawn

    There really isn't anything to argue about. You seem like the type of person who could start an argument in an empty room, so it doesn't matter what myself or anyone says 😂

  • If I get hit with an iri hatchet, particularly if the killer is one that can hit a fly from 50 miles away, I will kill myself on first hook and move on. I don’t have time for BS.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974259#Comment_1974259

    I have 8k. I'm a legacy II nurse main.

    Dbd is the only game I play. I am exactly like one of those players.

    You may be proud of that fact, but if you want to know the truth most people find that kind of thing sad. There are flavors in the world other than chocolate. Live a little.

  • Honestly, the easiest fix to Iri hatchets will be to make them override other add-ons, seeing as that's something they've shown they can do *cough*Hag*cough*

    Even then they'll still be used. But they'll be strong, rather than busted like they are now. The part isn't inherently toxic, it's the player. And if you, by your own admission, are being very polite, less efficient, and having a plan to kill everyone you meet?

    Then by my metrics you're a stand-up fellow. I'm told my opinion is worthless, but you have my pat on your back. Screw those losers who DC because they think they're too good for a game! The only acceptable reason to DC is because the internet cut out or if you have a pressing emergency I guess but I'd just go idle or suicide to give the killer a bit of love myself, I donno? !

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974346#Comment_1974346

    I wasn't actually. My first account got banned for name-calling. It was deserved, however, it was only supposed to last for a month. It still hasn't ended, and it's been around 1 1/2 months after it was supposed to. So I made a new account. It got banned with no explanation. Same thing for the next 6. This is my eighth account on here. I'm a big bleach fan, and if you see a person with a bleach related name, it's probably me. Oh, and my first account was called hillbillyclaudmain69, by the way. I made it about a year ago, when I finally got interested in the forums. As you can tell by the name, I had taken a break from nurse and was maining billy then. I did lose my legacy, so I guess I can't show it to you. I ended up breaking my pc out of anger and now I'm on ps4-5.(I only get to use the Ps5 when no one else in my family of five is, since I already own the ps4.) Since I can't show you my legacy, here's a link to a video on my YouTube channel, on which i would recommend skipping the cringey intro.

    https://youtu.be/jWN_KZoD8ng

    Making other accounts after getting banned will get you banned again. At least if they find about it. You shouldn't speak about it lol.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974059#Comment_1974059

    You have only 700 hours? Come back when you have at least 3k. Then your experience will matter.

    Yeah, you don't set the cut off for people's experiences mattering buddy.


    As for the OP, you used the most obnoxious addon in the game and are surprised they're mad? Not saying they weren't a bunch of little shits, but you can't claim innocence when you're chucking insta downs with hit boxes the size of a mini fridge.

  • I called it training wheel for learning huntress. Just like how hag's mint rag is for her.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974326#Comment_1974326

    I've been on ps4 for the past three years. It doesn't make you miss. That's just an excuse bad players make.

    No, it absolutely isn't just "an excuse bad players make". Naturally the design and use of a controller makes it harder to aim and make small adjustments vertically and horizontally quickly but accurately. This is why most shooter games have some form of aim assist that slows down your aim horizontally when your sights are aimed closely to a target. On Keyboard, however, you're aiming using your wrist and forearm which gives far more control and ease with adjustments and allows for more accurate flicks.

    That isn't even getting into the fact that PS4 has God awful stuttering issues and frame rates, and those only make an already difficult killer worse.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1973717#Comment_1973717

    No chance of winning is not true. You can beat them easy, admittedly if the Huntress is a bad aim.

    That said I played her with iri heads once and I wasn't missing too many shots, but there was like an unbreakable, a kobe and a deliverance which reset the game 3 separate times. It was crazy and I would have lost to survivor perks no doubt without Iri head. The whole game is just becoming a battle of crutches

    I love how you managed to twist that around to make it a problem with survivors once again. Truly remarkable.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974133#Comment_1974133

    Yeah, you don't set the cut off for people's experiences mattering buddy.

    As for the OP, you used the most obnoxious addon in the game and are surprised they're mad? Not saying they weren't a bunch of little shits, but you can't claim innocence when you're chucking insta downs with hit boxes the size of a mini fridge.

    I can understand iris can be obnoxious, but it's part of the game. I'm not doing trick shots, blind shits, slugging, or doing anything outside of what is designed to be part of the game. But then survivors dm me with insults and call me the toxic one simply for having iri heads. And in that situations, who exactly is being toxic?

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974218#Comment_1974218

    Honey, huntress is easy. You are just bad with her. Its actually pretty hard to miss with those truck sized hitboxes. Nurse is the hardest killer in the game, and therefore shouldn't be nerfed. Understand?

    "don't nerf X because difficult" is still one the dumbest excuses for defending imbalance that I've ever heard, especially when the mechanical skill required for X is not even hard or complex to begin with.

  • It's not toxic or sad, it's in the game to use so use it. You still have to hit the survivors, and any survivors with a decent amount of time in the game knows how to dodge hatchets. It's the same as Bubba insta-down chainsaw or Ghostface exposing you, if anything iri heads are harder to hit with.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Iri head is toxic as you pretty bring it knowing you’ll give the survivors no chance of winning. It’s like survivors bringing OoO in a SWF with a key

    Your objective is to get hooks not necessarily just kills

    Incorrect: The Killer's objective is to kill all 4 survivors. Hooks are just one method of achieving that goal. A good method, don't get me wrong, but the objective is to ensure no survivors escape.

  • The only change i’ll ever make for iridescent hatchets is:

    • The projectile speed of the hatchets are 30% faster.
    • The hatchets ignore gravity and they’ll fly straight.
  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1973717#Comment_1973717

    Incorrect: The Killer's objective is to kill all 4 survivors. Hooks are just one method of achieving that goal. A good method, don't get me wrong, but the objective is to ensure no survivors escape.

    This game still has no win condition tbf

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974365#Comment_1974365

    Iri heads are OP when combined with infantry belt. No one said anything about them being OP by themselves. And yes, at the moment I find arguing very interesting. Being able to ruthlessly crush someone's opinions, hopes, and dreams simply through your words is interesting, at the very least. I personally find it beautiful. That's why I argue so hard. Because it's interesting.

    @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974346#Comment_1974346

    I wasn't actually. My first account got banned for name-calling. It was deserved, however, it was only supposed to last for a month. It still hasn't ended, and it's been around 1 1/2 months after it was supposed to. So I made a new account. It got banned with no explanation. Same thing for the next 6. This is my eighth account on here. I'm a big bleach fan, and if you see a person with a bleach related name, it's probably me. Oh, and my first account was called hillbillyclaudmain69, by the way. I made it about a year ago, when I finally got interested in the forums. As you can tell by the name, I had taken a break from nurse and was maining billy then. I did lose my legacy, so I guess I can't show it to you. I ended up breaking my pc out of anger and now I'm on ps4-5.(I only get to use the Ps5 when no one else in my family of five is, since I already own the ps4.) Since I can't show you my legacy, here's a link to a video on my YouTube channel, on which i would recommend skipping the cringey intro.

    https://youtu.be/jWN_KZoD8ng

    Are you ok?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Iri head is toxic as you pretty bring it knowing you’ll give the survivors no chance of winning. It’s like survivors bringing OoO in a SWF with a key

    Your objective is to get hooks not necessarily just kills

    I'm sorry this is going to be snide as... but this is the kind of dumb ######### the OP is talking about.

    Iri head doesn't stop you needing to hook people, nor is it an auto win. Its one less health state from a hatchet hit, which is very strong but your point about "getting hooks not just necessarily kills" make no sense whatsoever. Iri head shortens chases, it doesn't circumvent hook states.

    Yes its powerful and in the hands of a good player somewhat oppressive but that can be said of any good addon in the hands of the right player. Is it "toxic" no.

    If you think shorter chases is the equivalent of SWF with OoO and a key I think you are placing to much emphasis on iri heads impact.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1973717#Comment_1973717

    I'm sorry this is going to be snide as... but this is the kind of dumb ######### the OP is talking about.

    Iri head doesn't stop you needing to hook people, nor is it an auto win. Its one less health state from a hatchet hit, which is very strong but your point about "getting hooks not just necessarily kills" make no sense whatsoever. Iri head shortens chases, it doesn't circumvent hook states.

    Yes its powerful and in the hands of a good player somewhat oppressive but that can be said of any good addon in the hands of the right player. Is it "toxic" no.

    If you think shorter chases is the equivalent of SWF with OoO and a key I think you are placing to much emphasis on iri heads impact.

    To be fair, it doesn't just shorten chases. It also reduces the effectiveness of DH, as you can't use it when uninjured. It makes unhooks incredibly unsafe as the unhooked is easily instadowned. Bodyblocking is much less effective as well.

    It's definitely not toxic, but combined with the infantry belt, it is certainly over powered (provided the huntress can actually hit with hatchets).

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1973717#Comment_1973717

    I'm sorry this is going to be snide as... but this is the kind of dumb ######### the OP is talking about.

    Iri head doesn't stop you needing to hook people, nor is it an auto win. Its one less health state from a hatchet hit, which is very strong but your point about "getting hooks not just necessarily kills" make no sense whatsoever. Iri head shortens chases, it doesn't circumvent hook states.

    Yes its powerful and in the hands of a good player somewhat oppressive but that can be said of any good addon in the hands of the right player. Is it "toxic" no.

    If you think shorter chases is the equivalent of SWF with OoO and a key I think you are placing to much emphasis on iri heads impact.

    My problem is that it makes a very balanced killer completely broken for little cost (2 hatchets if your running belt)

    It’s like if wraith had an addon that allowed instadowns off of surprise hits.

    Iri head huntresses tend to slug since you can get 3 people down so long as your aim is good and that will circumvent hook states if they 4 man slug

    I do believe a good iri head huntress would beat a 4 man object pretty much every time bar a couple of maps.

    It cannot be said for any other good addon since the next best addon is probably tombstone( Takes alot of time to charge and move slower) or pinky finger( Requires you to be close enough to hit m1 aswell as hitting direct bottle).

    The addon is busted and needs a huge rework period

  • Irihead is fine as long as you dont run ammo belt

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Irihead is fine as long as you dont run ammo belt

    I've never came across a huntress just running iridescent head without infantry belt. I would imagine that would be the same for most players.

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974965#Comment_1974965

    I've never came across a huntress just running iridescent head without infantry belt. I would imagine that would be the same for most players.

    That's because they're small pp, running ammo addons with irihead

  • Well Huntress normal hatchet hitbox is already busted, so using Iri Head is kinda a way for you to say to survivors : "I'm sweating hard to win"

    If it was "reduce hatchet number to 1" and you cannot equip any addon to get extra hatchet it would actually be pretty balanced.

  • @DeadByName said:

    Often when I use Iri Hatchet I'll get messages from survivors, a few of them disconnect, and their message is the same. They call me toxic or trash and seem to be outraged. Who is being toxic here? A killer, by nature, is automatically perceived as toxic because, yes it is my mission to slice you and hook you until you die. So survivors see themselves as saints sometimes and the hypocrisy just gets to me. I'm just playing the game and using add ons offered in the game. I'm still at a mid level with huntress, so if I go in with no good perks or add ons, gens pop instantly and if they are high level survivors, by 4th gen I'll probably have 1 hook if that. So, if I get a 4k with my perks and add ons and 4 or all gens have been completed, then it was a good run on both sides. What is toxic is directly contacting your opponent to spew your insults and then claim it is they who are toxic. This game is a great insight into humans and monsters, so we should look at ourselves in the mirror and ask, am I the monster?....

    I have fun most of the time when I'm a killer but get weird messages sometimes from survivors because the "sensed" I was mad and I should "git good". If i was not tunneling or camping, just don't. Any other killers out there having good times then suddenly a survivor thunder cloud enters your dms?

    Id be fine with iri head if it was impossible to carry more than 1/2. Punish you for missing shots and having to constantly check lockers. Make em a high risk high reward type of thing. They're overpowered and toxic because you can cary up to 4 with add-ons.

  • Use whatever you want whether that be 4 second chance perks as survivor or iri head add-on for huntress. Don't let people tell you how to play just because they don't like loosing on a video game. If it's in the game it's free reign to use. Not your fault the Devs are too lazy to rebalance any of it.

    Also I would just ignore survivors telling you, you can't use certain things because it's "cheap" "annoying" "op" all the while they're running their 4 second chance perks. Don't let those bozos dictate how you play.

  • There is a difference between toxic and unfun, people.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974365#Comment_1974365

    Iri heads are OP when combined with infantry belt. No one said anything about them being OP by themselves. And yes, at the moment I find arguing very interesting. Being able to ruthlessly crush someone's opinions, hopes, and dreams simply through your words is interesting, at the very least. I personally find it beautiful. That's why I argue so hard. Because it's interesting.

    For you to think you have that much power with words.. I worry for you. Have a nice day.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974588#Comment_1974588

    700 hours is nothing. She's a new player, therefore her opinion doesn't matter as it isn't accurate.

    So the majority of player's opinions don't matter because they don't have 3K hours in the game?

    That justification alone shows everyone here the limit to your intelligence.

  • Thats your opinion not a fact, learn the difference.

  • Who cares about 1 hatchet? And even 3 aren't a big thing. Most survs have DH anyway, so just don't heal and do gens as always.

  • @Amy095 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974536#Comment_1974536

    For you to think you have that much power with words.. I worry for you. Have a nice day.

    He has the power of God AND Anime on his side!!!!

  • Survivor main. I feel like sometimes the only one who's nice to killers. But, it's not toxic just not fun to play with. A match can be over in less than 10 minutes because no one wants to go for the save or touch a gen after 2 people have been hooked. Plus people just kill themselves anyway.


    I played a game and the first hook killed themselves the second was down the moment it happened the proceeded to kill themselves. Me and the other were hiding and she found me in a bush. Had her hatch ready and of course I had to ######### Kobe and get instant down. I will admit I was extremely toxic by disconnecting and it's not something I do often. It was just a bad Survivor night and I really just needed to back off from the game.


    But bring whatever you want and have fun. Just I feel like every iri is playing too sweaty and waiting 15 minutes to get into a lobby and have it ended in 4 doesn't make it all that worth it imo. But ignore they hate and just have fun!

  • @Katzengott said:

    Who cares about 1 hatchet? And even 3 aren't a big thing. Most survs have DH anyway, so just don't heal and do gens as always.

    DH is useless unless you've been hooked already, as you won't be injured dye to instadown.

  • IH isn't toxic sad or anything. What's toxic is the game's hitbox/server reg. What's really toxic is how the dev has addressed the glaring problems and the priority towards fixing these things. This causes people to abuse. Not just on Huntress, but cmon. I've seen plenty of hatchets land on the moon and still hit the player.

    If we had less things to abuse, the game would be a little smoother, but people are just jerks. You learn to live with it or not play. Welcome to DBD. Hitboxes are just the absolute worst thing. It makes me miss the old pallet vacuum lmao

  • Iri Hatchet isn't toxic. Just absolutely broken and unfair.

  • @DeadByName said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974588#Comment_1974588

    I can understand iris can be obnoxious, but it's part of the game. I'm not doing trick shots, blind shits, slugging, or doing anything outside of what is designed to be part of the game. But then survivors dm me with insults and call me the toxic one simply for having iri heads. And in that situations, who exactly is being toxic?

    This Is a case of nobody's hands being clean. You know going in that people despise iridescent head. Yes it's in the game, but so is people using DS aggressively. They're both just not cool.

    Too your point though, they are obviously being toxic.

  • I think we can close this thread so we can stop feeding the real toxicity here, that snap tobydoby guy.


    Nothing good to say but to start arguments, spends more time on the forums arguing than playing the game.


    I think we've discussed the topic enough :)

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974588#Comment_1974588

    700 hours is nothing. She's a new player, therefore her opinion doesn't matter as it isn't accurate.

    According to you. You don't get to gate keep the validity of opinions. You want to disagree with what they think that's certainly your right. You however don't unilaterally get to dismiss them because of an arbitrary number of hours in a game.

    I'll add i completely disagree with them. Their entire position was ridiculous.

  • In my opinion Iri head isn't "toxic". It can just be kinda boring. I mean, I'm new to this forum but I get the feeling that a lot of people have the notion that something not being fun and something being toxic are one in the same. I personally don't feel that way. I don't find any perks or add-ons toxic. With maybe an exception made for Insidious. I think that perk's whole purpose is to troll lol

  • I wouldn't look down in iri heads as much if 1. belt didn't make the oppressive control god combo when that's what they're trying to balance away from on each side 2. Huntresses' hitboxes weren't complete shizen, 3. They actually had a counter

  • When combined with infantry belt its ridiculous. You don't have to be amazing at hatchets to hit. Any half way decent player can.

    The add on needs a nerf so it doesn't stack with infantry belt or you can only insta down with hits further than 24 meters away. That was only the really skilled Huntress players can get it rather than anyone who can simply aim two meters in front of them.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974649#Comment_1974649

    Ive played on both. Console doesn't make you miss. Lag spikes, maybe, but as a console player, that happens far less than people say.

    Lag and freezing issues are fairly frequent on console. If you're on console, your platform and controller puts you at a disadvantage and doesn't allow you to hit many shots consistently that are routine for a PC player.

    A controller doesn't allow for quick but small, precise movements. This is because there is no sort of aim slowdown.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975343#Comment_1975343

    If you are a new player, you don't have the experience to make accurate opinions about the game. No, they don't matter unless you have experience to back it up.

    700 hours isn't a new player. That's plenty enough time to have accurate opinions, especially in a game like this.

  • Iri hatchets are for unskilled huntresses... git gud and you don't need that stuff.

  • They don't appear any more toxic or broken than any other add-on of a similar rarity. Doc gets to apply all his side effects or make survivors shock each other. Myers gets the ability to mori anyone he can stalk long enough and catch, trapper gets insta-down traps. Etc. That's why you get 1 per bloodweb if you are lucky, and they cost 7k points.

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975420#Comment_1975420

    DH is useless unless you've been hooked already, as you won't be injured dye to instadown.

    Well, what's the problem then?

    Don't get me wrong. As many huntress mains i don't find IRIs skillfull. And there comes the balance. Because IRIs are used by not huntress mains, which are not really good with her anyway. The only thing i would change is that the insta only should prog at >20m.

  • Don't you know? Anything that can one shot a survivor is toxic and low skill.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974915#Comment_1974915

    My problem is that it makes a very balanced killer completely broken for little cost (2 hatchets if your running belt)

    It’s like if wraith had an addon that allowed instadowns off of surprise hits.

    Iri head huntresses tend to slug since you can get 3 people down so long as your aim is good and that will circumvent hook states if they 4 man slug

    I do believe a good iri head huntress would beat a 4 man object pretty much every time bar a couple of maps.

    It cannot be said for any other good addon since the next best addon is probably tombstone( Takes alot of time to charge and move slower) or pinky finger( Requires you to be close enough to hit m1 aswell as hitting direct bottle).

    The addon is busted and needs a huge rework period

    All good points and pehaps there needs to be more of a downside to iri hatchets but none of it is inherently toxic. Which is what the OP was talking about. Even if someone feels iri head is unblanaced its not an excuse to send vitriolic crap to another player post game.

    People talk about it like the whole game is ruined because of this one powerful addon, when if play you stealthy then you can largely avoid it. Switch up your tactics against an iri head huntress to avoid the killer rather than loop the killer.

    People seem so obsessed with one style of play that anything that has a powerful counter to that one style of play needs to be burned from the game ASAP. Its a kind of infuriatingly narrow view.

    Anything powerful seems to get watered down so that people can loop more effectively making the game less varied and more generic with each change.

    I don't mind going up against powerful addons because they mix the game up, make it scary and make you really think about how you play survivor. Otherwise its run around the rock 3 times drop pallet rinse and repeat till caught or lost.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1974961#Comment_1974961

    All good points and pehaps there needs to be more of a downside to iri hatchets but none of it is inherently toxic. Which is what the OP was talking about. Even if someone feels iri head is unblanaced its not an excuse to send vitriolic crap to another player post game.

    People talk about it like the whole game is ruined because of this one powerful addon, when if play you stealthy then you can largely avoid it. Switch up your tactics against an iri head huntress to avoid the killer rather than loop the killer.

    People seem so obsessed with one style of play that anything that has a powerful counter to that one style of play needs to be burned from the game ASAP. Its a kind of infuriatingly narrow view.

    Anything powerful seems to get watered down so that people can loop more effectively making the game less varied and more generic with each change.

    I don't mind going up against powerful addons because they mix the game up, make it scary and make you really think about how you play survivor. Otherwise its run around the rock 3 times drop pallet rinse and repeat till caught or lost.

    Stealth isn’t really a counter tbh but yeah people sending death threats and the likes are just pathetic

1 2 3