No, Iridescent hatchet is not toxic you are.

Often when I use Iri Hatchet I'll get messages from survivors, a few of them disconnect, and their message is the same. They call me toxic or trash and seem to be outraged. Who is being toxic here? A killer, by nature, is automatically perceived as toxic because, yes it is my mission to slice you and hook you until you die. So survivors see themselves as saints sometimes and the hypocrisy just gets to me. I'm just playing the game and using add ons offered in the game. I'm still at a mid level with huntress, so if I go in with no good perks or add ons, gens pop instantly and if they are high level survivors, by 4th gen I'll probably have 1 hook if that. So, if I get a 4k with my perks and add ons and 4 or all gens have been completed, then it was a good run on both sides. What is toxic is directly contacting your opponent to spew your insults and then claim it is they who are toxic. This game is a great insight into humans and monsters, so we should look at ourselves in the mirror and ask, am I the monster?....

I have fun most of the time when I'm a killer but get weird messages sometimes from survivors because the "sensed" I was mad and I should "git good". If i was not tunneling or camping, just don't. Any other killers out there having good times then suddenly a survivor thunder cloud enters your dms?

Comments

  • It's not toxic, it's just ridiculously powerful. As such, I can't blame survivors for DC-ing whenever I bring it. Of course, when I do bring it, I usually bring it with the intent of being toxic, but that's just a correlation.

  • @Katzengott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975543#Comment_1975543

    Well, what's the problem then?

    Don't get me wrong. As many huntress mains i don't find IRIs skillfull. And there comes the balance. Because IRIs are used by not huntress mains, which are not really good with her anyway. The only thing i would change is that the insta only should prog at >20m.

    No problem from my perspective. I'm just pointing out some other "benefits "of Iri heads that you might not have thought about. As I previously said they are not toxic, just oppressive as hell.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    It's not toxic, it's just ridiculously powerful. As such, I can't blame survivors for DC-ing whenever I bring it. Of course, when I do bring it, I usually bring it with the intent of being toxic, but that's just a correlation.

    I don't blame them, but I do wonder why they don't realize the only ones they screw over with a dc is their own team. I mean, the killer is still good, counts almost as much as a sacrifice for them, meanwhile the survivors are down a person with nothing to show for it, and the one that disconnected doesn't even get the pity bp they would had they died on first hook.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1975599#Comment_1975599

    Their position was ridiculous. And yes, i know that hours don't matter. But experience does, and imo 700 hours isnt enough to be experienced enough to make judgements about the game like that.

    So if according to you, hours don't correlate to experience, why do you keep using your 8000 hours as a justification for why your opinion matters more than others do?


    What denotes experience in your opinion?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976331#Comment_1976331

    I don't blame them, but I do wonder why they don't realize the only ones they screw over with a dc is their own team. I mean, the killer is still good, counts almost as much as a sacrifice for them, meanwhile the survivors are down a person with nothing to show for it, and the one that disconnected doesn't even get the pity bp they would had they died on first hook.

    Well, it's just that nobody wants to play against iridescent head huntress, so at that point it's really not even worth thinking about your team.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume I'm not trying to pick on you by the way, just curious as to your way of thinking.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976342#Comment_1976342

    Well, it's just that nobody wants to play against iridescent head huntress, so at that point it's really not even worth thinking about your team.

    I guess I get that, I've definitely had survivor matches I knew from early on would suck, but I don't DC, because then it just becomes a sucky situation I didn't even get any points for. Rather just suicide on hook if I'm going to quit.

  • See.... that attitude just makes you a try hard or sweaty gamer. If you need those kinda add ons to kill everyone. Sure, the survivors died because they didn't "git gud" but you're also not really that good either if you're relying on such broken add ons. Nice try though.

  • Iri heads are no more toxic than Bubba running his chainsaw which he has EVERY match. Iri heads at least take skill to connect. There's other killers who have insta downs. Either you want all insta downs taken out or what? It's not fair to whine about one form of insta down.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976099#Comment_1976099

    700 is a new player. That may seem like a lot of hours, but in actuality, it isn't.

    Ah yes, only 29 days of their life spent playing DBD. What a newbie to the game.

    Literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

  • Spending 29 whole days playing one game isn't new. Just because you sit and do nothing but play this game all day and night doesn't take away from the fact that 29 days for the average person is a ######### load of time in one game. That amount of time doesn't translate to being "new" to the game whatsoever.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977172#Comment_1977172

    That's still new. New enough not to have an accurate grasp on how game mechanics work, how good the average player is, etc. Just looking at that person's argument proves that.

    It literally doesn't even come close to the actual definition of new. I knew by 350 hours how the game worked nearly inside and out, the game doesn't have insane hidden secrets and tactics that you find out and master after like 5k hours. It's extremely simple, and doesn't take much learning whatsoever. Somehow with your 8k hours you yourself don't realize that though.

  • They think it is "toxic", because it is a range attack. But you need good aim to hit, even with those wonky hit detection and you can have a maximum of 3 hatchets.

    So basically, you run close to the survivor and then you try to hatch him / her. So actually, you are a myers or bubba, that has no problems against pallets / windows because you can shoot over or through them.

    Oh and everyone that played huntress know, that she has literally no map pressure. It's like with deathslinger.

  • Iri is not toxic.

    Keys are not toxic.

    Both need a nerf and shouldn't be used in the current state.

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    See.... that attitude just makes you a try hard or sweaty gamer. If you need those kinda add ons to kill everyone. Sure, the survivors died because they didn't "git gud" but you're also not really that good either if you're relying on such broken add ons. Nice try though.

    No, if they all died it was because I out skilled them for that match. It idiotic to think everytime you win it's because the other players suck. They mens you suck if you only beat sucky players. And I'm saying this because so many have that attitude. Especially in fighting games. "Hah you suck bro". Well, do you ever beat anyone good?

    And speaking of sweaty and try hard, best example is hooking 1 of the 4 live survivors during EGC. Lol. All the tricks they have come out. Such try hards. I'm just here chillin admiring my hooked trophy.

  • How can you state that and also state "Your objective is to get hooks not necessarily just kills"?

    You're contradicting yourself, not to mention trying to push your definition of what killers are "supposed" to do onto other players.

    Sorry, no dice, especially when you're not even consistent with yourself.

  • No it is quite toxic and will be a good thing when it is deleted from the game.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Iri head is toxic as you pretty bring it knowing you’ll give the survivors no chance of winning. It’s like survivors bringing OoO in a SWF with a key

    Your objective is to get hooks not necessarily just kills

    The add-on itself isn't toxic, it's crutch I agree, but like others have said, it isn't toxic. It's only toxic if the player is using it for the sole purpose of pissing off the other side.

  • It says for the killers objective to do anything in their power to kill the survivors so whether it be bringing tombstone or iri head or tunneling and camping your doing your job. Does that mean its okay? Yeah. Its in the game and the devs don't seem rushed to fix it. Its like freddy where people dc when they see the clock. Im not even a loop abusing freddy and the amount of premature dcs are halarious.

1 2 3 ›