Jesus Christ will you people calm the hell down for 5 minutes

look, I get it, New UI isn't great and is scattershot as hell, the new animations are stiff and if I can go one game without some sort of random hitbox tomfoolery whether it be killers with extendo-arms or weapons phasing through survivors I would buy a lottery ticket, but all I've seen on the forums is 2 groups of people angrily yelling at each other like they're planning to go to war.

Just.. take a deep breath and calm down, make a cup of coffee, put on some low-fi jazz, and argue with actual discussion instead on yelling like a group of drunken frat boys arguing over which girl is prettier

Comments

  • @PGJSF said:

    I disagree. Devs need to see the rage, or they’ll never understand how big they messed up.

    this rage looks very pathetic imo

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933754#Comment_1933754

    They didn't mess up big, though. The state of the Binding of Kin DLC at launch? That was a big mess up. This is a purely cosmetic issue that is more of a matter of personal taste than anything else. I don't love the HUD, but it's fine. You'd think the devs murdered everyone's dogs with how the reaction has been on the forum. This is the forum crying wolf about the devs destroying their game and I feel it's just giving them less reason to take feedback seriously when something really is broken.

    People notoriously hate any UI changes, regardless of whether or not they're good or bad, until they get used to them. That's worth considering when considering lots of day 1 hate for a new HUD.

    If people would actually frame their arguments well and stay civil instead of just angrily spamming about things that would be a lot more constructive and helpful for the developers.

    Changing how survivor movement works is changing 99% of the survivor’s gameplay. They changed 50% of the entire game (gameplay wise) in a way that most of the player base doesn’t enjoy. And lied about that.

    If that is not messing up big I don’t know what that is.

  • Okay I respect your opinion but the game still sucks to me and I won’t just shut up about it.

  • @Aldofer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933850#Comment_1933850

    omg the toxic milenna community is coming to dbd, i need to leave asap

    yea they just need to do this "Return from whence thou cam'st. For that is thy place of belonging.

  • I agree that nobody should be personally attacking the Devs etc - that's completely unacceptable, but if people don't express their feedback, it'll never be heard.

    People are frustrated because the Devs implement poorly executed changes and then when the community gives them feedback through surveys and the forums it's completely ignored. People are complaining because they care about the game - they're not just doing it for the sake of complaining.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933814#Comment_1933814

    People didnt ask for that change, you are right. But they kept asking for things that might make this change nessessary. A LOT of people want to buff solo survivors to swf level informationwise. So the hud needed to change. Maybe not in the way they choose, but you cant display additional information by leaving everything like it was.

    It is just that people dont know what it takes to deliver the things they demand. More information, but dont change the ui? show me how its done.

    What does UI have to do with solo survs needing a buff? Survs need information perks built into their kit and then nerfed accordingly. The only thing the UI needed imo was a totem counter. I also think survs should be able to see everyone's build in the lobby but that's probably a debate for another thread. My point is though that's another thing that has nothing to do with the UI.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934479#Comment_1934479

    How does changing animations change gameplay? As far as I know this is cosmetic only. And how did they lie about the animations?

    it is absolutely not purely cosmetic. Survivors locomotion has changed in every way, even gameplay wise, but this comment would be thousands of lines if I were to explain how. There are already tons of detailed explanation on the forum about this.

    The lying part is because they implemented the new animations in the PTB and received lots (I mean LOTS) of negative feedback about it, but then they said they had to test it on the console players (because there is no PTB on console) to decide what to do about it. Few hours after they released the patch, a community manager wrote instead that the patch is out and can’t be reverted, making us assume it wasn’t a test at all.

  • Those 5 minutes were up two years ago.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933800#Comment_1933800

    When has anyone tried calming down on the forum?

    How has the constant anger spam helped colorblind players?

    If you were a developer would you be more likely to listen to the person screaming at you or the person that gave a thoughtful, measured, and logical response?

    Because the angry one screaming might have been a thoughtful and logical customer, but they gave that customer a reason to change

  • @Bwsted said:

    If colorblind people calmed down, they would've got nothing from this company.

    BHVR's track record shows us that calming down is definitely not the way to go.

    If you want to be passive and submissive, that's your call.

    If a twitter account with over 70k didn't publicly call Almo out, they wouldn't have said 'we've been working on a cor blind mode for months.' Yeah. The OP doesn't understand BHVR's modus operandi.

  • I've closed an aye for ui and animations but hitboxes are worst than ever now. I can't play survivor without getting dedicated, is not something "sometimes" but every fking hit

  • I was calm for more than 5 minutes. Now I will complain about this change..it's really bad.

  • I know right? These people need to chill

  • @Bwsted said:

    If colorblind people calmed down, they would've got nothing from this company.

    BHVR's track record shows us that calming down is definitely not the way to go.

    If you want to be passive and submissive, that's your call.

    Methinks denying accessibility is a bit more extreme than an update that isnt favoured by a large amount of the community (which many people over exaggerate how bad it is, ui is weird sure, its not great, the animations take a lot of getting used to, I've already pulled off a few 360s and a couple moonwalks today, but they don't screw movement, just muscle memory! The only issues really are the hit boxes and bugs like the emblems and match scoring and new fat shame etc.)

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    They want us to stop! If we stop then they'll think we're now fine with it!

    that's fair, but there's a difference between being critical of a change and yelling and screaming about it.


    It's hard to tell through text I understand that but making topics like the ones I've seen as of late sound like people just yelling and screaming over the smallest things.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934501#Comment_1934501

    Could you link me one of these detailed explanations, then?

    They clearly wanted more feedback than the initial impressions of a small group of PC players before making any changes. There was never any chance of them reverting the animations in this patch if they wanted to get feedback from console players. The console players just got the changes yesterday. Were you expecting 11 AM 4.5.0, a few hours of console feedback, and then 5 PM 4.5.1 with all new animations removed? Like what could they have possibly done lol

    No I couldn’t do a research right now I’ll try to sum up some of the core points:

    1. you can’t quickly flick left/right like before. This means where you would try and fake a direction to dodge a Huntress/Deathslinger shot, now you will be hit no matter what.
    2. you can’t 360 anymore
    3. it seems to be harder to fake a vault because the injured animation is weird to see from the killer perspective
    4. you can’t spin on the ground. Aside from removing the meme, this means solo queuers cannot communicate if they didn’t recover. I don’t consider this point to be important, but hey, it does exists.
    5. because of the new robotic standing animation it is way harder to instantly hide behind objects without crouching
    6. the injured animation is messing with muscle memory (something like the Freddy’s lunge effect) because it feels a lot slower, hence people are wasting pallets early only to be hit through them because hitbox is even more messed up

    There is more, but as you can see not only the gameplay has drastically changed at high levels of play, I also think that removing the memes is kind of killing the identity of the game itself.

    edit; also please note that aside from modifying gameplay elements, the new animations are killing the immersion for many players. Which, in a game like DbD, is... not good.

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934516#Comment_1934516

    No I couldn’t do a research right now I’ll try to sum up some of the core points:

    1. you can’t quickly flick left/right like before. This means where you would try and fake a direction to dodge a Huntress/Deathslinger shot, now you will be hit no matter what.
    2. you can’t 360 anymore
    3. it seems to be harder to fake a vault because the injured animation is weird to see from the killer perspective
    4. you can’t spin on the ground. Aside from removing the meme, this means solo queuers cannot communicate if they didn’t recover. I don’t consider this point to be important, but hey, it does exists.
    5. because of the new robotic standing animation it is way harder to instantly hide behind objects without crouching
    6. the injured animation is messing with muscle memory (something like the Freddy’s lunge effect) because it feels a lot slower, hence people are wasting pallets early only to be hit through them because hitbox is even more messed up

    There is more, but as you can see not only the gameplay has drastically changed at high levels of play, I also think that removing the memes is kind of killing the identity of the game itself.

    While most of those are true, you can still 360, still a lot harder though

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934497#Comment_1934497

    Why do you say the feedback is being ignored? UI changes don't happen overnight, and neither does getting used to UI changes.

    I can understand that changes take time, but it's BHVR's failure to even recognize that poor changes have been made that's frustrating the community. Ever since the UI changes were first publicized, the community has been very vocal as a whole about their negative opinions on it. PTB came along, we tested the changes, and pretty much everyone hated them after testing them. People put time into completing the surveys and posting constructive feedback on the forums for the Devs to take in and work on.

    And here we are at the final release with: no response to our feedback from the Devs and a patch that's full of major bugs from the PTB that have still not been fixed.

    Nobody expects them to be super-human, we all know they're amazing people irl, but it's the brick wall they're building between themselves and the rest of the community that's incredibly annoying - especially for players who have been here for a long time and have put thousands of hours into the game and its community.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934582#Comment_1934582

    While most of those are true, you can still 360, still a lot harder though

    On Pc, maybe. On consoles, you can’t.

  • I knew when the new hud was coming out people would've been up in arms, sadly thats the dbd community for you, but that doesn't mean thats everyone

  • Yeah you can

    I did a couple last night successfully I might add. You're not trying hard enough

  • I never really could on console before lmao. At least not very well.

  • I estimate I've spent roughly around $250 CAD on this game and the dlcs, archives, etc. I'm sure many others have spent much, much more. The people continuously funding this game have a right to voice their thoughts imo. With that said I feel like at this point the only two ways to get the devs attention (aside from complaining here) is to stop purchasing their content and/or stop playing the game period since the PTB and surveys don't seem to mean anything. When the numbers decrease maybe they won't take their player base input for granted.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @PGJSF said:

    I disagree. Devs need to see the rage, or they’ll never understand how big they messed up.

    We need a verified Twitter user to comment on the new patch. THEN they might understand...Or at least react.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934594#Comment_1934594

    Yeah you can

    I did a couple last night successfully I might add. You're not trying hard enough

    No I’m not trying at all I’m not going to play this game again lmao.

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934617#Comment_1934617

    No I’m not trying at all I’m not going to play this game again lmao.

    Ok

    If it makes you feel good do it

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933754#Comment_1933754

    No, people need to stop acting like a snotty ungrateful 8 year old who didn’t get the super nice expensive toy that they wanted for Christmas. It’s safe to assume most people here on the forums are over 18+ years of age yet they’re still acting like a 8 year old over a HUD system.

    Ok, you need to stop for a second and realize how much you're minimizing ppl's feelings with your dismissive rhetoric.

    I didn't get this game and dlc for free- did you? Did any one else? No, we all opened our wallets and paid to play DbD; which means this, or any other game/dlc that we pay for, is NOT a "gift".

    This is a business, they function to make money. And we feel upset that we paid for a product that doesn't deliver.

    If you pay someone to do your taxes and they make a mistake, are you telling me you keep quiet? If you pay for a toaster on Amazon and they send you a defective one, do you just keep it?

    A few ppl might be stepping over the line into hostile territory, but the majority of us are just speaking up because this is NOT the product we paid for. And maybe if enough of us speak up, we can finally talk to a manager 🤷‍♀️

  • I mean the anger is justified imo

    regarding just the UI they put it into the ptb without asking for any feedback on it beforehand, from what i understand what goes into the ptb is basically guaranteed to go into the live build in some form.

    That means when they decided to put the UI into the ptb they had no intentions of using the feedback to change it before it released into the live build, this is proven by the mountain of threads created pointing out all of it's flaws.

  • LOFL, had to give an upvote just for the title! Ironically, this turned into another forum of people strongly disagreeing with each other. Ideally, we wouldn't have to whine to get what we want from BHVR, but like some pointed out, it's what companies listen to.

  • @SOMENINJANAME said:

    LOFL, had to give an upvote just for the title! Ironically, this turned into another forum of people strongly disagreeing with each other. Ideally, we wouldn't have to whine to get what we want from BHVR, but like some pointed out, it's what companies listen to.

    truly i question why i thought this was a good idea, guess a little part of me still has hope that things will turn out better

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934735#Comment_1934735

    truly i question why i thought this was a good idea, guess a little part of me still has hope that things will turn out better

    Well I'm glad you did bro, these comments have me cracking up.

  • NO, THE DEVS MUST COWTOW TO OUR DESIRE OR WE QUIT, WE WONT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! WE AS A GROUP HAVE ALL AGREED THIS IS A DOX WORTHY BATTLE AT THIS POINT, YOUR TIME IS COMING DEVS!!









    Don't ban me, I'm not serious.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    I'm pretty calm about the changes now tbh. Started playing some functional games, and decided to take a break from DbD and just watch the train wreck until BHVR finally decide to get a grip and listen to their community.

    I started to play another game after the PTB, because I knew it was going to get past the PTB

  • @Jyn_Mojito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933791#Comment_1933791

    Ok, you need to stop for a second and realize how much you're minimizing ppl's feelings with your dismissive rhetoric.

    I didn't get this game and dlc for free- did you? Did any one else? No, we all opened our wallets and paid to play DbD; which means this, or any other game/dlc that we pay for, is NOT a "gift".

    This is a business, they function to make money. And we feel upset that we paid for a product that doesn't deliver.

    If you pay someone to do your taxes and they make a mistake, are you telling me you keep quiet? If you pay for a toaster on Amazon and they send you a defective one, do you just keep it?

    A few ppl might be stepping over the line into hostile territory, but the majority of us are just speaking up because this is NOT the product we paid for. And maybe if enough of us speak up, we can finally talk to a manager 🤷‍♀️

    So dramatic and so demanding over a damn UI HUD. Ok Karen.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934719#Comment_1934719

    So dramatic and so demanding over a damn UI HUD. Ok Karen.

    Sorry, but I didn't see any answers in your reply, just insults. If you could get those and the TPS reports on my desk, that'd be great 👍

  • Minimalistic, concise UI changed to obnoxious, spread everywhere UI. Didn't listen to community feedback. Survivors get hit from a mile away and killers can't go into a bus, gamebreaking. Lets look at the patch before that. Killer releases incomplete and bugged to hell. Fat shaming swamp maps. Gamebreaking. Perks released and don't work.

    Get a grip. Only BHVR somehow doesn't get held accountable for such low quality patches. Stop letting them get away with this.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933754#Comment_1933754

    No, people need to stop acting like a snotty ungrateful 8 year old who didn’t get the super nice expensive toy that they wanted for Christmas. It’s safe to assume most people here on the forums are over 18+ years of age yet they’re still acting like a 8 year old over a HUD system.

    People need to stop acting ungrateful? Sorry but first of all; we PAY for this game. We PAY for our cosmetics and spend OUR time playing a game to keep BHVR and THEIR employees stable throughout a global pandemic. THEY released a "PUBLIC TEST SERVER" to request OUR FEEDBACK on a change NO ONE asked for and they didn't even ask us about. Then when they received an almost unanimous cry of NEGATIVE feedback; THEY blatantly said THEY didn't care and were putting it through anyway. THEY used console players as a scapegoat; claiming that "Console players needed to play it first hand".

    So no.. We're not acting ungrateful. We're tired of having OUR time wasted. We're tired of being LIED to and we're tired of being treated like **** by the Developers.

  • HOW DARE PEOPLE share their opinion on a forum made to share opinion?!


    HOW DARE THEM?!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934385#Comment_1934385

    Let's imagine BHVR saw the reaction to the PTB and decided they needed to change the UI. What would you have had them do? Delay the patch, including the many other more consequential improvements it contains, in order to tweak it or revert it? It takes time to make these changes and there is basically no chance of anything more involved than minor bug fixes or number value tweaks making it into the final release that weren't in the PTB version. Not having a different UI ready for 4.5.0 does not mean that they're ignoring feedback.

    Still, the majority of posts on this forum whine about just about every single new patch and change. Reverting every change the forum doesn't initially approve of would would result in almost no new content being released.

    The elephant in the room is also that people notoriously hate UI changes for any software right after release, regardless of whether or not they're actually an improvement. A PTB is not enough time to get used to it enough to fairly evaluate it versus the old UI. It also might be more popular on other platforms, which wouldn't be apparent from a PC-only PTB.

    Please don't tell me that the whole UI team isn't able to move the UI elements down to the bottom like they used to be in 4 weeks.That's ridiculous

    The thing is,the UI is just objectively bad.There is absolutely no point in denying that.A good UI is able to give me all the important information i need after a quick look,which is absolutely NOT the case with the current one.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933754#Comment_1933754

    No, people need to stop acting like a snotty ungrateful 8 year old who didn’t get the super nice expensive toy that they wanted for Christmas. It’s safe to assume most people here on the forums are over 18+ years of age yet they’re still acting like a 8 year old over a HUD system.

    I swear y’all be rude behavior so hard that anytime people criticize them you come to their defense. A lot of people had said they didn’t like in ptb but look how they don’t listen to our feedback yet again. Then we have people like you saying we are acting like children because the don’t listen to any of the criticisms. People like is why behavior won’t change because act like they can do no wrong

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934591#Comment_1934591

    "The community as a whole" is not a fair assessment - the community is not a monolith and many people are neutral or prefer the new HUD. Users tend to hate UI changes in every piece of software regardless of how good or bad they are, so making changes based on the first impressions of a small percentage of the user base on one platform does not make any sense. They have no incentive to ignore feedback, though, and I'm sure they're not ignoring it.

    What "major" bugs are we talking about here? They did fix a number of bugs from the PTB and in 4.5.0 in general, but I haven't heard of anything large that's broken. Regardless this game has had more than its fair share of bugs since launch and we're all still here, so it's not like this patch is suddenly an example of the devs losing the plot.

    I don't have the same impression of the devs putting up a brick wall with the community. To pick a goofy example, if some members of the community say "I want shirtless daddy Myers" and the devs never address it, that doesn't mean they're not listening. It just means the community is not the only factor here. They need to focus on what is going to keep the game alive long term, which bug fixes and enhancements offer the most bang for buck, what is legally possible, etc., and I don't blame them for not feeling the need to break down the intricacies of every one of these decisions with us. On the contrary, I feel it's unreasonable for us to expect that level of transparency.

    I also honestly empathize with them not interacting with spiteful, incendiary posts and I feel they have done a decent job with their changes and communicating the motivation behind them. I'm close to deleting my forum account because I'm tired of the constant whining and I don't even work there.

    "The community as a whole" is definitely a fair assessment. Of course I'm not denying there will be some people who don't mind, but the vast majority are against this change. You only have to look at the polls for this. People aren't just saying it's bad because they don't like getting used to change - people are annoyed about it because it's an obectively poor design. The previous one was simple, elegant and concise from a graphic-design standpoint. Not scattered all over the screen, no over-complicated graphics - just a simple, clear UI that allowed you to access a lot of information at once very efficiently. There was absolutely no reason to change it.

    In terms of major bugs that are still here from the PTB, I'm talking stuff like being able to walk through solid walls on the reworked maps (no collision), jerky transitions during movement and the irritating hook audio bug. I know DBD has always been buggy, but it's astonishing that such major problems don't get fixed, even after players mention them on the forums again and again. Even regardless of the PTB, there are bugs that have been in the game for months - even years now potentially and still haven't been fixed. Take the infamous Nurse bug for example.

    I do a fair bit of programming myself (not game programming) and although I do realize how much of a pain debugging can be, it's clear that's it's not being done as well as it could be.

    Finally, in terms of the brick wall thing, I don't really think your example is particularly fair. "Shirtless Myers" is just a meme, I don't think anyone is genuinely expecting the Devs to listen to their opinions on adding stuff like that. I'm more referring to the lack of acknowledgment BHVR give towards common concerns the community has. That's all the community really wants - to be listened to. So many players (especially those who have been playing the game for several years now) have been alienated.

  • @bigboidom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933791#Comment_1933791

    I swear y’all be rude behavior so hard that anytime people criticize them you come to their defense. A lot of people had said they didn’t like in ptb but look how they don’t listen to our feedback yet again. Then we have people like you saying we are acting like children because the don’t listen to any of the criticisms. People like is why behavior won’t change because act like they can do no wrong

    Defending behavior. Don’t know why it put rude

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933873#Comment_1933873

    Why are balance decisions unique? Yes, many people on the forum get very tribal and hate anything that might shift the power balance towards the other side. Many people also don't like change, though, regardless of whether it's good or bad. The old HUD will always be better to them because it's what they're used to. Meanwhile, I guarantee you new players or people who aren't as resistant to change won't load into their first 4.5.0 and say "oh wow, this HUD is awful!" They'll just accept it and play the game, because it's really not that bad.

    The way I see it, it gives more information than the old HUD, it looks reasonably nice, and I love the UI scaling option (I use 85% - I think it looks a lot better). They now have an injured "slash" icon so the early complaints about colorblind accessibility have been addressed. I'm not sure what the issue is.

    Sorry, the new HUD is objectively bad. A HUD should give information easily. Either because you have EVERYTHING at the same place or that you have things a little bit spread out, but need to look at some things only during certain situations.

    This does not apply to the new HUD. Everything is all over the place. This might work on a Switch in Handheld-Mode or in a mobile game, but not when playing on a PC. I only have a 24 inch-Monitor, but I already have problems with eyestrain. People who play on larger Monitors or let alone a TV will have even bigger problems.

    Its fine if you like it. That does not mean that the HUD is good.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934719#Comment_1934719

    So dramatic and so demanding over a damn UI HUD. Ok Karen.

    So we being dramatic because we are criticizing behavior for not listening to our feedback like the keep saying they do. If you like the changes good for you,most of the people didn’t and they still decide to put it out. People of tired wasting money on this game when it seems like no problems get addressed and they only thing they seem to care about it how much can they get from us. And we have every right to criticize the game because we paid money to play it. Hope people keep putting forums to show that we not just going forget about this like all the other situations

  • @PGJSF said:

    I disagree. Devs need to see the rage, or they’ll never understand how big they messed up.

    My inner skeptic tells me that ship long since sailed.

    If the Twins Chapter release didn't serve as a firecracker under their asses, nothing will. And they've doubled down on everything they did wrong then.

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    NO, THE DEVS MUST COWTOW TO OUR DESIRE OR WE QUIT, WE WONT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! WE AS A GROUP HAVE ALL AGREED THIS IS A DOX WORTHY BATTLE AT THIS POINT, YOUR TIME IS COMING DEVS!!

    Don't ban me, I'm not serious.

    Exactly. I always love the "they're not listening to 'our feedback' line". "Our feedback"!? 50% of the opinions on the forums I'm pretty indifferent to. The rest of the opinions; some I agree with, some I think are absolute dog feces. This isn't group think over here. We're not some team of players with fully agreed upon opinions.

    My advice to those that are crying about the changes is to go play something else, temporarily or forever. I've been enjoying the patch.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933814#Comment_1933814

    Yeah but that’s the thing, sure, people didn’t ask for the new HUD and they don’t like it but it’s THEIR game. They make the final decision not us. We’re not their parents, they don’t need to be asking us for permission for every little thing. You can’t get upset over things like this when there are games that do things much worse than this. I’ll compare DBD to my 2nd favorite game, Mortal Kombat 11. Boy, oh boy was I pissed when I found out they randomly nerfed my favorite character mileena when she needed buffs and no one complained about her. Mind you, there’s no PTB for this and this was set in stone without warning. People are just ungrateful and that’s matter of the fact.

    Why do you think restaraunt waiters/waitresses ask you how your meal was when you finish eating it? It's because they want feedback, feedback that's enough to convince them that maybe they need to change something in their recipes.

    Let's look at this "PTB".

    The point of a PTB (as they claim) is to:

    1. Test the new content
    2. To look for bugs
    3. To give feedback

    Everyone who participated on the PTB did every one of those things, the vocal majority of the community admitted that they hated the HUD change and they would much prefer the previous version of a HUD similar to the old one but add the survivor icons and the hook counts. The developers asked for feedback in their survey, almost everyone gave feedback saying the HUD was terrible, what's changed? Nothing, the HUD is the EXACT same as it was in the PTB and they ignored all the feedback regarding it.

    You can sit there and preach that it's THEIR game, but as players, it's OUR feedback that matters, well it seemingly was until yesterday when the patch dropped.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934582#Comment_1934582

    1. You still can do this, for all the good this really does against Huntress or Deathslinger. The animation is just less twitchy now and more gradual.
    2. You can definitely still 360, it's just a little harder to do effectively. Same with moonwalking.
    3. I don't agree with this.
    4. You still can spin on the ground, just not the same way as before. I also wasn't aware that spinning was meant to communicate anything - 1100 hours and I've never seen someone do that as I approached that wasn't recovered. Usually you can tell if someone's been recovering by whether or not they've been crawling. If they hold still for a while, they're recovering. If they start crawling again after holding still for a while, they're ready to be picked up. Also how is this a meme?
    5. I'm not sure what you mean. Is this issue that the characters actually stand up straight now? It's not robotic lol, it's just how people look when they stand up straight. Before everyone was more hunched over.
    6. I don't think anything changed with the hitboxes, but people will learn and adjust if their muscle memory is off.

    You're right that it's not purely cosmetic, but the changes are very minor, not drastic. I still don't understand how changing the animations killed any memes or how these (apparently very underground) memes are important enough to be synonymous with the games identity. That feels like a stretch to say the least.

    From your point of view it may be a stretch. Meanwhile there are thousands of people who stopped playing the game and won’t come back unless this is reverted 😂 and there are 12 pages of comments under the community manager’s feedback post saying that the new animations are awful and kill immersion and atmosphere in the game. You can have your opinion and think differently, this won’t change the fact that the game health is now terribly worse than 2 days ago.

    Man the game is horrendous right now. 10 people saying otherwise won’t help the others come back.

  • While there is a lot of silliness in this thread, it is impossible to argue with the fact that DBD had become fundamentally broken for a lot of players after the compulsory update to 4.5.0.


    Personally, I don't mind the new UI, it took 2-3 matches to get used to. I don't mind the animation changes, even though the injured survivors do look silly,. While I like most of the map changes, the color pallete and the saturation on the Game appears incredibly high in comparison to how it used to look.


    I do mind the critical emblem bug that appears to be causing a large-scale rank reset for a lot of players active the last 24 hours.

    Additionally, it is inconceivable to me how any work on the fix for the already present significant hitbox issue, instead led to larger hitboxes as well as killers now fairly consistently being teleported to fronts of pallets after squeezing in an over-pallet hit and getting stunned (The timing of pallet stuns themselves is also buggy, with over-pallet hits having become far more common the last 3 or so months, but never before have I seen killers getting a free front of the pallet teleport after a hit-stun as well)

1 2 3