Why so upset about ds nerf ?

People complain that ds is ,,useless" because they get tunneled every game but now ds is an actual anti tunneling perk and not a 1 minute godmode ...

Comments

  • @Axx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921537#Comment_1921537

    They are the same. Most killer mains didn't wanted Ruin changed, and they don't want Undying changed. I can say the same. No killer perk should ever be changed to make the survivors experience better, but that doesn't change the fact that multiple killer perks have been changed due to the survivors experience. The Ruin change and Undying, even Enduring no longer helping with DS stun were changes made because of the survivor experience.

    That's not what the developer said, that's what you're inferring. I already outlined what the developers stated. If they said something else, I'm unaware of it. I also don't keep track of everything they say so perhaps they did say something about it. I also pointed out twice, that it's okay to make changes to perks to improve the experience for any role but in the case of DS, the changes are strictly in favor of the killer with no consideration to the perspective of the survivor. Ruin is much better imo but not morphing this into a debate about every perk in the game. If you have an issue with a specific perk being changed, you need to raise that issue on that perk. This is about DS and I made my point very clear.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    With the amount of requirements it has now imo they should make it usable twice with a 120 seconds timer. And I play mostly killer btw.

    For killer, right. And you have a survivor on your avatar.

    @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1918968#Comment_1918968

    I actually wouldn´t mind, if they take the 60 seconds timer completely away. After all, a good looper can prevent the killer from downing him for more than a minute. So why not make it a complete anti tunnel perk. But there would have to be a sideeffect of deactivating it during the EGC. Otherwise it would still be a guaranteed escape.

    I can already imagine toxic clowns running under your nose and interfering you from catching other survivors.

    @Nicholas said:

    I don't care about the deactivation conditions, what I do care about is that the changes are strictly from the perspective of improving the experience for the killer. DS is not the effective anti tunnel perk people make it out to be. You have to be picked up within 60 seconds, so I guess if your tunnel exceeds 60 seconds then it's not tunneling anymore. If you go down within 60 seconds and the killer slugs you, if he picks you up at the 61 second mark then I guess that's not tunneling. so according to the devs, tunneling can only happen one time, and it all has to happen within 60 seconds of being rescued and they have to pick you up because outside of these perimeters it's not tunneling?

    Who said that this perk should SAVE from tunneling? It only makes it more difficult. Tunneling is the same winning strategy as genrush. Why killers don't have a perk that adds another gen, if survivor has quickly returned to the almost finished regressing gen and touched it?

    @RoboMojo

    >When it gets changed it will be purely anti-tunnel which means it'll do nothing else. If you don't get tunnelled it does nothing.

    This works the same with many other perks. BT is not activated if killer is not around, Unbreakable if killer does not slug. Bamboozle may be useless for the entire match on some maps. POP may not work even once if killer can't find the right gen. Totem perks can be broken at the beginning of the game. Etc.

  • have you ever played at SEA ? u got downed and you have unbreakable but useless since killer would patrol near you until 60s passed or u wasted your unbreakable

  • @kaeru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919158#Comment_1919158

    My point is you shouldn't be upset about being tunneled if you wasted more than a minute of killer's time.

    People hate being tunneled because they get downed in 10 seconds right after unhook. It's ######### annoying because both killer and teammate drove you into that helpless situation. But if you run 60 seconds after unhook, you win. Killer lose a minute bacause he deside to tunnel you. And on top of that you want to punish him even more and run another minute. I think is not really fair to killer even if he tunneler.

    if you play solo survivor everyone try to save downed or hooked survivor more than you think. tunneling guaranteed you got 2 kills since people would jump to unhook u. 1 minute is useless since almost every other survivor tried to save u

  • With deactivation conditions which I've said on this forum numerous times which the devs have chosen to ignore, a killer can stop chase after a survivor has been unhooked and if they find that survivor with nurses calling, THEY ARE TUNNELING. The perk is useless. They can work on the objective and thinking they are safe, the killer can stop chasing and return to THAT SURVIVOR and TUNNEL. The perk is useless again. A ghostface can hide, wait for the unhook, wait for the survivor to heal or touch a gen AND PROCEED TO TUNNEL, the perk is again useless.

  • All I want is unhook to be taken off as a deactivation and I'm fine with it. And that's only because camping doesn't need to be made any easier than it already is. Everything else is stuff I suggested for a year.

  • People in DBD treat any change to either side like it's the end of planet Earth.

    It's not unique to one side either, despite what some may say.

  • @golubushka08 said:

    With deactivation conditions which I've said on this forum numerous times which the devs have chosen to ignore, a killer can stop chase after a survivor has been unhooked and if they find that survivor with nurses calling, THEY ARE TUNNELING. The perk is useless. They can work on the objective and thinking they are safe, the killer can stop chasing and return to THAT SURVIVOR and TUNNEL. The perk is useless again. A ghostface can hide, wait for the unhook, wait for the survivor to heal or touch a gen AND PROCEED TO TUNNEL, the perk is again useless.

    Play safer. First, heal, then make sure that killer is not around, then start repairing gen (And better not in the same place where you were hooked).

    In any case, this nerf, like Nurse's nerf, can be called fair karma, lol. Old Nurse has terrorized many players for a long time with no chance of winning. And survivors abused DS for a long time in situations not intended for that. So this nerf is their fault. As well as End Game Collapse.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919015#Comment_1919015

    can't wait for the freddy nerf to make fun of you lol

    Too bad I play all killers. I'm kinda having fun with deathslinger rn so better hope you don't get Matched against me

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It is not an actual anti-tunneling Perk, since you can still get tunneled and just slugged or the timer runs out during the Chase. But it is not useless.

    I'd be fine if they made not go down in a chase and let it activate twice (if you hit or miss it you can use it again the next time you're unhooked)

    They removed it's biggest problematic trait which was the abuse of the 60 immunity to being picked up to cheese objectives and saves now that's gone make it full anti tunnel

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1923727#Comment_1923727

    Yeah me too, im having fun with my PC swf using comms, hopefully u dont get matched with us

    Playing deathslinger takes skill, playing in a 4man on comms does not. I won't reply to you anymore because I'm clearly better and you're upset at me for some reason

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1924704#Comment_1924704

    Playing deathslinger takes skill, playing in a 4man on comms does not. I won't reply to you anymore because I'm clearly better and you're upset at me for some reason

    @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1924933#Comment_1924933

    Oh yes, pressing m2 and faking it takes a lot of skill, sure. And no, or then why the best swf of DBD use comms? your comment is so funny that it is worth a meme lmao "im clearly better than u"

    You're clearly better than me that all your post are about "Nerf Dead hard" - "Exhaust perk should have 3 tokens" - "Ds is op"

    If you're that good you wouldn't complain about this, so yeah you're the basic killer main that think he's good and if he looses is because of game design.

    This might just be the least impressive dick measuring contest i've ever seen.

  • This guy has something against me, in my post I bring up valid reasons as to why I think certain things are busted or unfair. I even have survivor gameplay so nobody can call me a trash survivor. I like to show gameplay instead of going back n forth which most people like to do

  • @odra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919472#Comment_1919472

    have you ever played at SEA ? u got downed and you have unbreakable but useless since killer would patrol near you until 60s passed or u wasted your unbreakable

    Yet again I present to you another GROUND-BREAKING revelation.


    Soul Guard is a teachable Unique Cheryl Mason Perk . It can be unlocked for all other Characters from Level 30 onwards: Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.Perks support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporari

    Thank me later.

  • anyway 8s is too short to be powerful and 3 perks DS UB SG just to make this things work seems to be too much last since this is silent hill eps and i still dont buy it

    i still have iron will and proove thyself better to have safe pip

  • @EndMePlease said:

    People complain that ds is ,,useless" because they get tunneled every game but now ds is an actual anti tunneling perk and not a 1 minute godmode ...

    kinda late answer but DS should atleast be activated after u get downed. so if he hits u after 40 sec he cant slug that last 20 sec and make the perk useless i mean u get 2 chances a match i run it on all my builds but i get to use it like once every fifth game

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I have not seen a single person complaining about it.

    Hell I've seen more people complaining about people being upset then actual people being upset.

    Kinda puts killers to shame with how they act when a meta perk of them gets changed

    You are talking like survivor perks were nerfed as always as killer perks and that is not a true. And yeah undying was too good but still more often they're nerfing killers perks and killers than survivor perks

  • Sounds like survivors are mad because they can’t abuse DS. Get good kids lol.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919001#Comment_1919001

    Basically this.

    I saw more killers upset about undying nerf (which was well needed) than I have seen survivors upset with the DS nerf (which was also well needed).

    Another difference at the time is that I did not see survivors posting this kind of posts either, but I might have missed them.

    I posted 3 posts complaining about DS and all got deleted without a reason. They were also posted at different days. They were deleted one by one, this is the reason I posted 3.

  • Well, it's not meant to be an anti-tunnel perk. Its original functionality was to be a second chance perk. They could have restricted its activation to something else other than anti-tunnel capabilities, since you can still not necessarily be tunneled, and if you are getting hard-tunneled, DS is a singular stun for 5 seconds, and now you're completely vulnerable to tunneling.

  • @Venoxxie said:

    I dunno what survivors you talk to but DS is most certainly not useless. If they say it is, it's because killers seem to get turned on by tunneling then acting all scared of DS (so why tunnel) so they slug for like 2-3 minutes because they dunno how to count to 60 seconds. That's the only reason DS might end up being useless.

    I dunno how much survivor killer mains play but if they do and they feel they never get tunneled all that often well, think of how many people are on this game. Those who claim they never get tunneled are not everyone. There are A LOT of people who get tunneled. Just because one killer main doesn't tunnel, doesn't mean no killers tunnel. Etc.

    However, the reason why people are mad is because out of all the op killer perks, the only thing really taking a hit is Undying. But bhvr is going after two loved survivor perks (one of which I rarely see used) because killer mains can't handle it. The reason people are mad is because the nerf is also unfair. Killers say it's balanced but if anything, it's able to be abused by killers. I read a forum about the Dev stream and no where in it does it clarify that if someone starts healing me, do I lose DS for that? Or what about moments where I feel safe because I thought the killer was in a chase across the map so I try to work on a generator to be useful but lolnope... the killer was on their way back to be rude to me and because I tried to be useful for all of 5-ish seconds, I lost out on 60 whole seconds of DS. What's the point in having it be a 60 second timer if anything we do will get rid of that within a split second?

    If anything it should have been:

    -60 second timer.

    -Timer goes faster by 4/3/2 % (numbers could be changed) when doing any action.

    -As soon as you are in the Healthy state or someone else is hooked, the timer goes away.

    ppl mad cause they are crybabies that's all.. :)

  • @EndMePlease said:

    People complain that ds is ,,useless" because they get tunneled every game but now ds is an actual anti tunneling perk and not a 1 minute godmode ...

    Because they can't do funny gen in face tbag click flash light scratch head and make monkey noises.

    Ooga booga me invincible for an entire minute and if you slug me I use unbreakable ooo ooo ahh ahh.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It is not an actual anti-tunneling Perk, since you can still get tunneled and just slugged or the timer runs out during the Chase. But it is not useless.

    Slugging someone who got unhooked isn't tunneling tf? If they found you cuz the person who rescued you is hiding are they supposed to just let you go???

  • @Rogueyboi117 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1918968#Comment_1918968

    Slugging someone who got unhooked isn't tunneling tf? If they found you cuz the person who rescued you is hiding are they supposed to just let you go???

    Yeah, because Killers only go for the unhooked person if they dont find the Unhooker. /s

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919194#Comment_1919194

    Those complaints make the game look like p2w. Like, i payed for the dlc, so i deserve that this perk stays like it is.

    *rolls eyes*

    Alot of people paid for hillbilly skins but they destroyed him so he is unplayable now,they lost alot more than a 5 dollar dlc

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014851#Comment_2014851

    Yeah, because Killers only go for the unhooked person if they dont find the Unhooker. /s

    Thats what generally happens to me yes, the unhooker usually is a blendette with iron will and immediately phases out of existence leaving me to chase the person who got unhooked, I'm not just gonna LET the person go, how would that be fair to me in any capacity? It sucks that I have to tunnel that person but I don't have a choice most of the time.

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919218#Comment_1919218

    Alot of people paid for hillbilly skins but they destroyed him so he is unplayable now,they lost alot more than a 5 dollar dlc

    Skins are not the same thought.

  • Its worse,it cost 2 times more, x the number of skins you buy. Its like painting a nice car that goes fast,different colors and one day the engine is missing.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Well, it's not meant to be an anti-tunnel perk. Its original functionality was to be a second chance perk. They could have restricted its activation to something else other than anti-tunnel capabilities, since you can still not necessarily be tunneled, and if you are getting hard-tunneled, DS is a singular stun for 5 seconds, and now you're completely vulnerable to tunneling.

    Correct. We all remember the old DS. However, that perk was not healthy for the game. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The only good thing about the Old DS, was that you could completely avoid it by juggling the survivor.

  • Those who say DS is a second-chance perk like unbreakable and adrenaline have no idea what they're talking about. With the upcoming DS nerf it's MORE THAN OBVIOUS it's core design is to escape a killer who downs you soon after being unhooked. I dunno how more obvious the core design of the perk can be.

  • @EndMePlease said:

    People complain that ds is ,,useless" because they get tunneled every game but now ds is an actual anti tunneling perk and not a 1 minute godmode ...

    Well I'm a survivor main and I have no problem with the new DS I think it's fair.but I think they should add where the killer puts you in the dieing state the timer passes.

    Because I had killers that would hit me right after getting off the hook. They just leave me on the ground and gard that area until my Ds is gone.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It is not an actual anti-tunneling Perk, since you can still get tunneled and just slugged or the timer runs out during the Chase. But it is not useless.

    It prevents the killer from downing you after being unhooked and rehooking you immediately after, therefore it's use is anti tunnel.

  • @Venoxxie said:

    I dunno what survivors you talk to but DS is most certainly not useless. If they say it is, it's because killers seem to get turned on by tunneling then acting all scared of DS (so why tunnel) so they slug for like 2-3 minutes because they dunno how to count to 60 seconds. That's the only reason DS might end up being useless.

    I dunno how much survivor killer mains play but if they do and they feel they never get tunneled all that often well, think of how many people are on this game. Those who claim they never get tunneled are not everyone. There are A LOT of people who get tunneled. Just because one killer main doesn't tunnel, doesn't mean no killers tunnel. Etc.

    However, the reason why people are mad is because out of all the op killer perks, the only thing really taking a hit is Undying. But bhvr is going after two loved survivor perks (one of which I rarely see used) because killer mains can't handle it. The reason people are mad is because the nerf is also unfair. Killers say it's balanced but if anything, it's able to be abused by killers. I read a forum about the Dev stream and no where in it does it clarify that if someone starts healing me, do I lose DS for that? Or what about moments where I feel safe because I thought the killer was in a chase across the map so I try to work on a generator to be useful but lolnope... the killer was on their way back to be rude to me and because I tried to be useful for all of 5-ish seconds, I lost out on 60 whole seconds of DS. What's the point in having it be a 60 second timer if anything we do will get rid of that within a split second?

    If anything it should have been:

    -60 second timer.

    -Timer goes faster by 4/3/2 % (numbers could be changed) when doing any action.

    -As soon as you are in the Healthy state or someone else is hooked, the timer goes away.

    "Out of all. Op killer perks undying is the only one that seems to be taking a hit"

    Pop, ruin, thanataphobia, doc's passive madness nerfed, perks that nerf slugging such as all for one and soul guard, instasaw billy removed, the see through shack, moris nerfed. Yeah you are right, survivors are clearly the only one being nerfed, killers are way too op, they should remove being able to hook a survivor on deathook all together, that would make the game way more balanced for the poor weak survivors. That are in no way stupidly strong.

  • @cburton311 said:

    true the abuse is gone, but i think the perk will not be used anymore. They nerfed it hard and in the wrong way imo. A lighter nerf would have been to deactivate it when the gates powered or the hatch opened. Then see how the meta shakes out.

    I guess we'll see how abusive the killers get.

    It's original and intended use way to punish killers for tunneling, it now does exactly that, whats the problem?

  • I mean i paid for MoM knowing itd be changed quickly and i didnt go around complaining demanding a refund.

  • ON topic though with the deactivation conditions id be fine with making ds timer infinite and have the heal only deactivate ds if its a full one. Since they still cant fully progress their objective and if say a wraith or gf decides to be sneaky they have to wait for the survivor to fully heal before smacking them.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2002347#Comment_2002347

    Correct. We all remember the old DS. However, that perk was not healthy for the game. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The only good thing about the Old DS, was that you could completely avoid it by juggling the survivor.

    As awful as old DS was, that's still the unfortunate intent behind the original iteration. Fortunately, I think having DS tied to some sort of limitation, such as being hooked, took off some of that pressure. Plus, DS is getting less and less popular to carry. I really don't think they should be trying to fit it into this mold of an anti-tunnel perk.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919261#Comment_1919261

    Or you know, you tried to get away from the hook and the killer still saw your scratch marks because they stay there for a while?

    Then don't sprint lol when I play survivor I sprint only when necessary bc as a killer main people give out their PO by sprinting everywhere then it leaves me wondering how people like that makes it into red ranks.


    Edit: fixed auto correct typo.

  • they complain since they don't know how to play and depends on ds to carry them.

  • @pigsaag said:

    they complain since they don't know how to play and depends on ds to carry them.

    I mean people complain every time something gets nerfed.

    Are people complaining about trickster being weak just because they don't know how to play?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068046#Comment_2068046

    I mean people complain every time something gets nerfed.

    Are people complaining about trickster being weak just because they don't know how to play?

    no, trickster is a joke. he is slow and requires to be focus on one survivor only, otherwise he would have wasted the time.

1 2 ›