Not a big fan of the mori nerf...

I mean, yeah, they needed a nerf. But they don't have any purpose now. They are literally detrimental your scoring, without any benefit. They just clutter up the blood web.

I think there could be a better solution to this.

Comments

  • They've made many things useless, "good" ol' momento moris are no different.

  • Ivory Mori should have been Ebony and these things should be really difficult as hell to find. Heck maybe even cap the ebony you can hold so its more difficult to hold more of these on mass.

    These offerings should be feared since you know...you're the goddamn killer and with its current state it's a joke.

  • If you think moris are useless now you didn't deserve the old moris anyway.

  • Offerings aren’t meant to act as free wins for either side anyway. At most offerings are supposed to act as minor buffs like the luck offerings.

  • @BattleCast said:

    Offerings aren’t meant to act as free wins for either side anyway. At most offerings are supposed to act as minor buffs like the luck offerings.

    This

    Also they are not useless, they allow you to bypass any form of save attempt the survivor or other survivor has when they get downed on last hook and depending on where you down them you save time or loss 2-3 seconds preforming the mori on them.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813067#Comment_1813067

    This

    Also they are not useless, they allow you to bypass any form of save attempt the survivor or other survivor has when they get downed on last hook and depending on where you down them you save time or loss 2-3 seconds preforming the mori on them.

    Unfortunately, this scenario doesn't happen often, at least with me. Sure, it comes in handy sometimes, but it isnt worth 7000 blood points.

    In my opinion, either make them 5000 blood points and decrease the chance of finding them, or rework them entirely.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    I mean, yeah, they needed a nerf. But they don't have any purpose now. They are literally detrimental your scoring, without any benefit. They just clutter up the blood web.

    I think there could be a better solution to this.

    No, this is a great solution. Mori's being useless means they are balanced like all of the other offerings now.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813214#Comment_1813214

    Unfortunately, this scenario doesn't happen often, at least with me. Sure, it comes in handy sometimes, but it isnt worth 7000 blood points.

    In my opinion, either make them 5000 blood points and decrease the chance of finding them, or rework them entirely.

    Offerings are supposed to be situational (e.g more fog/luck/hooks offerings erc.) except map offering sometimes.

    Would love if they would just swap the rarity of ebony moris with BPS.I need more points >.>

  • Can we turn in all of our mori's for bloodpoints?


    Like u know how they have gun turn in days where u get money for turning in ur weapons?


    Can we turn in our mori's so we can get bloodpoints?


    Or get a refund?

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813214#Comment_1813214

    Unfortunately, this scenario doesn't happen often, at least with me. Sure, it comes in handy sometimes, but it isnt worth 7000 blood points.

    In my opinion, either make them 5000 blood points and decrease the chance of finding them, or rework them entirely.

    provide a better rework then, there isn't one out there i have seen in all my time in dbd that has no flaws other than the boring one we got. Almost every post on a Mori rework mentions Mori's limited to survivors on death hook and the responses were pretty much "I wouldn't mind it but..." or "I'm sure they could do better" but no good solution other than that gets brought up.

    Also that scenario is as common as you make it, all you have to do is find the person as soon as they are unhooked and boom instant pressure since your chasing an already injured survivor with no protection since you bypass it with the mori. It is extremely common once EGC starts since your only good option is to camp and go for the savior but if BT isn't used with a mori you can even kill the unhooked without worry.

  • I'm not a fan either, but hey what can you do.

  • I just use them for getting rid of irritating survivors so they're fine for me.

  • "I can't tunnel and mori off of first hook their useless now" Lets be real this is what you mean. If you try and claim you hook survivors twice before using them then you wouldn't have a problem with them now.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    I mean, yeah, they needed a nerf. But they don't have any purpose now. They are literally detrimental your scoring, without any benefit. They just clutter up the blood web.

    I think there could be a better solution to this.

    The question you need to ask yourself is Why did you play moris in the first place?

    Was it to see a cool kill animation that's different then just watching a sky spider take the body away?

    or was it to get an advantage and take people out of the game faster?

    you can't do the second anymore and there are still a few advantages to a mori.


    you can avoid a saved DS.

    you can avoid people soboing hooks

    you can avoid borrowed time

    you can avoid body blocking squads

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/212899/not-a-big-fan-of-the-mori-nerf

    The question you need to ask yourself is Why did you play moris in the first place?

    Was it to see a cool kill animation that's different then just watching a sky spider take the body away?

    or was it to get an advantage and take people out of the game faster?

    you can't do the second anymore and there are still a few advantages to a mori.

    you can avoid a saved DS.

    you can avoid people soboing hooks

    you can avoid borrowed time

    you can avoid body blocking squads

    Just for confirmation, how would a mori help avoid bt? BT prevents an unhooked survivor from going down but a mori can only be performed on a downed survivor. Did you mean unbreakable or something like that, maybe?

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    I mean, yeah, they needed a nerf. But they don't have any purpose now. They are literally detrimental your scoring, without any benefit. They just clutter up the blood web.

    I think there could be a better solution to this.

    I actually made a suggestion that I asked be kept in general discussion for a while to get opinions and it was widely praised by both sides and picking up notoriety when it was promptly pushed to the T file (feedback). It would reward you for using it, but potentially gave survivors more time to wiggle free.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/212899/not-a-big-fan-of-the-mori-nerf

    The question you need to ask yourself is Why did you play moris in the first place?

    Was it to see a cool kill animation that's different then just watching a sky spider take the body away?

    or was it to get an advantage and take people out of the game faster?

    you can't do the second anymore and there are still a few advantages to a mori.

    you can avoid a saved DS.

    you can avoid people soboing hooks

    you can avoid borrowed time

    you can avoid body blocking squads

    Both. In some lobbies I'd equip it just to mow down asap because I recognized toxic players. But by and large hooking is boring. If each killer has unique ways to dispatch the survivors doesn't it just feel less bland?

  • @LeleLP said:

    "I can't tunnel and mori off of first hook their useless now" Lets be real this is what you mean. If you try and claim you hook survivors twice before using them then you wouldn't have a problem with them now.

    Not everyone plays the same. A lot of times I used moris as they're forced to be used now just to break up the monotony.

    However if I see a key and map in my lobby I should be able to tunnel them out at my leisure. That's why it's a KILLER offering.

    I hope they do fix it just for you 😜

  • @LeleLP said:

    "I can't tunnel and mori off of first hook their useless now" Lets be real this is what you mean. If you try and claim you hook survivors twice before using them then you wouldn't have a problem with them now.

    Moris after the second hook are basically useless. They just replace the third hook while giving less BP..

    Why should anyone use them now when they dont give the killers any significant benefits.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    I mean, yeah, they needed a nerf. But they don't have any purpose now. They are literally detrimental your scoring, without any benefit. They just clutter up the blood web.

    I think there could be a better solution to this.

    It’s an offering slot anyways. Offerings should be meant to improve personal score at the end of the match or choose a map maybe. It should not have an effect on the outcome of the game by giving you any sort of advantage. Survivors don’t have one. Why should you?

  • @theplaggg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813898#Comment_1813898

    Moris after the second hook are basically useless. They just replace the third hook while giving less BP..

    Why should anyone use them now when they dont give the killers any significant benefits.

    The main argument is that it denies every form of attemting a last save for the downed survivor, be it by their own ds, wiggling (supported by breakout?), flashlights, bodyblocking or saboing the hooks

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    Ivory Mori should have been Ebony and these things should be really difficult as hell to find. Heck maybe even cap the ebony you can hold so its more difficult to hold more of these on mass.

    These offerings should be feared since you know...you're the goddamn killer and with its current state it's a joke.

    I agree and let me compare this to all the “ultra rare” keys I have on my Adam. I have 47 pink keys compared to only 14 rare purples. What sense this makes I have no idea. Their so called ultra rare offerings and addons are not ultra rare AT ALL.

  • @AskingForHelp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/212899/not-a-big-fan-of-the-mori-nerf

    It’s an offering slot anyways. Offerings should be meant to improve personal score at the end of the match or choose a map maybe. It should not have an effect on the outcome of the game by giving you any sort of advantage. Survivors don’t have one. Why should you?

    Not tryna sound like "that guy" but what u said can b countered by a simple argument, survivors don't have offerings that can change the game dramatically but they do have keys and that can be a dramatic game changer as well, now anyways to answer the post I'll say that I actually kinda agree with the nerf for the most part because those ebony mori's were dangerous as [BAD WORD] and I don't believe any offerings/items should b that strong.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813317#Comment_1813317

    provide a better rework then, there isn't one out there i have seen in all my time in dbd that has no flaws other than the boring one we got. Almost every post on a Mori rework mentions Mori's limited to survivors on death hook and the responses were pretty much "I wouldn't mind it but..." or "I'm sure they could do better" but no good solution other than that gets brought up.

    Also that scenario is as common as you make it, all you have to do is find the person as soon as they are unhooked and boom instant pressure since your chasing an already injured survivor with no protection since you bypass it with the mori. It is extremely common once EGC starts since your only good option is to camp and go for the savior but if BT isn't used with a mori you can even kill the unhooked without worry.

    All you have to do is find the person as soon as they are unhooked and boom instant pressure.... Oh you mean tunneling?!? I thought that goes against the survivor rulebook, what do you mean?

  • They did not buff nor nerf the moris. If you were using them correctly, they are the same. The stipulation was added for the rest of you, to make you play fair.

  • With now moris, killers just drop the game score spending 7000BP. That's funny.

  • Just enjoy the game

  • i will be a fan of mori nerf when the key nerf comes out

    you should not be able to move the win conditions closer to yourself on a whim( which is what old green and red moris did and what purple and red keys do now)

    the playing fields should be stable and level. right now survivor can significantly lower the win conditions with no equivalent for killer

  • Reading comments somehow old moris were completely overpowered and stupidly strong while also being useless and they are just fine like always

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    i will be a fan of mori nerf when the key nerf comes out

    you should not be able to move the win conditions closer to yourself on a whim( which is what old green and red moris did and what purple and red keys do now)

    the playing fields should be stable and level. right now survivor can significantly lower the win conditions with no equivalent for killer

    Sorry to break your bubble but i can guarantee key nerf won't be anywhere near same extent as they did with mories 🤣🤣

  • Mori's were always a detriment to points. They removed survivors from the game without getting all your hooks so you lost out on both bloodpoints from subsequent hook states and the emblems from those same hook states. As they are now you get some of those lost points and emblems back. Mori's were also never about getting points. They were about murdering the survivor yourself and not giving them to the Entity. So why would the Entity want to reward you if you are taking its prey like that?

  • There is literally no point in my opinion to use one now. It’s just faster to hook them a third time

  • @TitanByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1814049#Comment_1814049

    Not tryna sound like "that guy" but what u said can b countered by a simple argument, survivors don't have offerings that can change the game dramatically but they do have keys and that can be a dramatic game changer as well, now anyways to answer the post I'll say that I actually kinda agree with the nerf for the most part because those ebony mori's were dangerous as [BAD WORD] and I don't believe any offerings/items should b that strong.

    You cant compare an offering to an item so no survivors still didnt have a broken offering like killers. Quit grasping at straws seriously this whole key should have been nerfed at the same time complaint is garbage.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813898#Comment_1813898

    I can't eject that one dickhead from my game anymore, is what I mean.

    I play to have fun. If you're going to ruin it, I have no problem using that mori early.

    Aw poor baby you can't do that anymore you actually have to git gud.

  • That's more manageable then a mori after first hook.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813912#Comment_1813912

    Just for confirmation, how would a mori help avoid bt? BT prevents an unhooked survivor from going down but a mori can only be performed on a downed survivor. Did you mean unbreakable or something like that, maybe?

    yeah that sorry wrong one

  • @theplaggg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813898#Comment_1813898

    Moris after the second hook are basically useless. They just replace the third hook while giving less BP..

    Why should anyone use them now when they dont give the killers any significant benefits.

    actually no they don't a mori gives you the same points that a sacrifice does.

  • @Marigoria said:

    If you think moris are useless now you didn't deserve the old moris anyway.

    after 2020 and realizing I was right about people I'm no longer as shocked to see that got 20 upvotes as I would have once been shocked to have seen that years back. Just like it isn't as easy as some expect to shame and ridicule people into holding their opinions to themselves, let alone their statement of facts, on a video game it isn't any easier to convince people to hop onto the least desired side of a video game as an unpaid entertainer running a digital soup kitchen on their computers for survivors' sole fun and laughs either. So you'll have to try harder than that to convince any killers that inevitably come skimming down this thread to continue doing something that becomes less and less fun for them.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813317#Comment_1813317

    provide a better rework then, there isn't one out there i have seen in all my time in dbd that has no flaws other than the boring one we got. Almost every post on a Mori rework mentions Mori's limited to survivors on death hook and the responses were pretty much "I wouldn't mind it but..." or "I'm sure they could do better" but no good solution other than that gets brought up.

    Also that scenario is as common as you make it, all you have to do is find the person as soon as they are unhooked and boom instant pressure since your chasing an already injured survivor with no protection since you bypass it with the mori. It is extremely common once EGC starts since your only good option is to camp and go for the savior but if BT isn't used with a mori you can even kill the unhooked without worry.

    What do you think about the idea thrown around where an ebony can kill a single stage hooked survivor but requires all survivors having been hooked at least once?

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/212899/not-a-big-fan-of-the-mori-nerf

    No, this is a great solution. Mori's being useless means they are balanced like all of the other offerings now.

    The point is that this nerf makes moris more detrimental than good now. The issue with moris and keys are that they end the game prematurely. Now, moris don't have that issue which is fine, but it's not gonna stop someone from camping and tunneling until second phase. I'm fine with them being useless but they shouldn't be useless. This honestly should be base kit, and make moris different and change the playstyle slightly.

  • @CrashMADDS13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813328#Comment_1813328

    What do you think about the idea thrown around where an ebony can kill a single stage hooked survivor but requires all survivors having been hooked at least once?

    It can be held by the survivors and in cases where the survivors are getting destroyed as in hook to hook the mori can activate like normal. Good swf's are also a problem as it is not uncommon to not see 1 of the survivors until very late in the game and if they think you have a mori that survivor will play extra safe and you can't take the time to find them.

    It is either too weak of a nerf or too strong due to survivors since you NEED to find all of them, even a solo can prevent you from getting it if they think you are using it.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813067#Comment_1813067

    This

    Also they are not useless, they allow you to bypass any form of save attempt the survivor or other survivor has when they get downed on last hook and depending on where you down them you save time or loss 2-3 seconds preforming the mori on them.

    Thank you

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1814453#Comment_1814453

    Sorry to break your bubble but i can guarantee key nerf won't be anywhere near same extent as they did with mories 🤣🤣

    dont crush my dreams

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813317#Comment_1813317

    provide a better rework then, there isn't one out there i have seen in all my time in dbd that has no flaws other than the boring one we got. Almost every post on a Mori rework mentions Mori's limited to survivors on death hook and the responses were pretty much "I wouldn't mind it but..." or "I'm sure they could do better" but no good solution other than that gets brought up.

    Also that scenario is as common as you make it, all you have to do is find the person as soon as they are unhooked and boom instant pressure since your chasing an already injured survivor with no protection since you bypass it with the mori. It is extremely common once EGC starts since your only good option is to camp and go for the savior but if BT isn't used with a mori you can even kill the unhooked without worry.

    This argument is inherently flawed. I can critique a movie without being able to create a better one.

    I never said that I was pro-mori. I just said the "rework" felt empty. Moris should be powerful, just not as powerful as they were.

  • @LeleLP said:

    "I can't tunnel and mori off of first hook their useless now" Lets be real this is what you mean. If you try and claim you hook survivors twice before using them then you wouldn't have a problem with them now.

    Please don't comment on my posts if you aren't going to be respectful.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813317#Comment_1813317

    provide a better rework then, there isn't one out there i have seen in all my time in dbd that has no flaws other than the boring one we got. Almost every post on a Mori rework mentions Mori's limited to survivors on death hook and the responses were pretty much "I wouldn't mind it but..." or "I'm sure they could do better" but no good solution other than that gets brought up.

    Also that scenario is as common as you make it, all you have to do is find the person as soon as they are unhooked and boom instant pressure since your chasing an already injured survivor with no protection since you bypass it with the mori. It is extremely common once EGC starts since your only good option is to camp and go for the savior but if BT isn't used with a mori you can even kill the unhooked without worry.

    They could've made it to where Moris could not be used until all survivors have been hooked at least once. There you go.

    But I also dislike what Moris do for the game, so I'm happy with where they are now

  • @NightWolfsFury said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1813328#Comment_1813328

    They could've made it to where Moris could not be used until all survivors have been hooked at least once. There you go.

    But I also dislike what Moris do for the game, so I'm happy with where they are now

    Jesus the amount of times i see this you realize that it has more flaws right?

    That idea swings between too weak of a nerf and too strong depending on what survivors you go against along with the situation. At worst you go against a strong swf who gen rushes and you don't have the time to find all survivors and you have to go after who you see and if you try to find whatever survivor you haven't hooked that survivor will hide. you can also get a survivor that likes to play stealthy which is more likely once they see the hidden offering. At it's best for the killer you get back to back chases and hooks on all 4 survivors and the nerf does nothing.

    That idea is very simple and im positive the devs considered it as well but they choose mori's on death hook since they thought it was more balanced and it is compared to that idea since it is equal regardless of what survivors you go against or how they play.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    I mean, yeah, they needed a nerf. But they don't have any purpose now. They are literally detrimental your scoring, without any benefit. They just clutter up the blood web.

    I think there could be a better solution to this.

    How are they detrimental to your scoring? If anything, they're less detrimental. If you mori someone on last hook, you're getting the same amount of points as hooking that survivor 3 times. With the old mori, you lost an entire hook states worth of points.

‹ 1 2