Why is Bubba able to down up to all survivors in one attack?

I'm not judging things, but having this happen in about every other match I really have to ask: Who thought that a good idea?

I've never seen it with Billy, but with Bubba it's a regular occurrence that he'll chainsaw into a group of survivors (upon unhooking or healing) and insta down everyone within a certain radius.

I've seen groups of 2 and 3 go down, and heard tales of all survivors falling in one attack.

How is that not a broken mechanic? His attacks cooldown is irrelevant if no one can run anymore.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • In order for him to multi-down, you have to be in a bad position in the first place

  • Maybe dont stand ontop of other survivors when his chainsaw starts going brrrrrrr. Like seriously i saw this so much at lower ranks where survivors would stay on the gen too long and itd often end up in a sub 5 minute games with a 3k and a mercy hatch because they refused to divide and conquer

  • It does feel kind of strange. When ghost face exposes me I atleast feel its kind of fair, most of the time he had to work for that expose in order to insta down me. With other killers like Myers who get insta downs they have to work for it.

    But Bubba and Hillbilly? Nah they get free insta downs and people defend them. Why not just give Myers and Ghostface insta downs with no requirements then?

    Why is it fair for the chainsaws to just have low effort insta downs?

  • I love how almost everyone is like "you're playing wrong". This mechanic is clearly broken. If all a killer has to do is stand in the basement hook with 1 perk (insidious) and wait to get a 4k something needs to change. He can even down you when someone rescues with bt.


    Or how about when he proxy camps on the hill.


    Or when he camps a basic hook.


    Sure we can ignore the survivor on the hook. Get 2-3 gens done and lose the match anyway. Leaving the hooked man to have a pleasure of literally sitting there the whole match. Or we can try and save hoping he's not like every bubba out there who uses these strats.


    And let's not even talk about using him best perk bbq.


    Bubba needs a small rework. I propose a slight speed decrease OR the ability to only hit something with the chainsaw twice at which point the power stops. There's no reason he should be able to chase me up the basement steps while I have bt after downing 2 others.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    For everyone not having any reading comprehension apparently:

    We are talking about situations where it is NOT possible to scram and scatter.

    So you are saying that the sole counterplay against bubba... is not to play.

    Because the issue is common situations: unhooking, healing.

    By your justification for this nonsense, again, the only counterplay bubba has is not to play.

    So, running away from the killer is still playing, this ain't a situation like 'countering DS is slugging' or something. If bubba is camping a hook, your still playing the game when you get gens done instead. We all feel bad for the hooked guy but that's a Dev confirmed part of life. Bring BT if this is a huge issue for you, will alleviate some situations.

    You don't see camping killers at high ranks because it's a boring and ineffective strategy if survivors don't feed you trades and downs. High rank bubba is the only fun bubba, because in that case the killer is also playing the game.

  • That is his power and he have nothing else, so he is mediocre at best.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    For everyone not having any reading comprehension apparently:

    We are talking about situations where it is NOT possible to scram and scatter.

    So you are saying that the sole counterplay against bubba... is not to play.

    Because the issue is common situations: unhooking, healing.

    By your justification for this nonsense, again, the only counterplay bubba has is not to play.

    All the posters here could do is go off of what you type so maybe it's less about the reading comprehension and more so what you've presented to us. The responses to your inquiry so far has been reasonable.

    List examples? What do you mean situations where it's not possible to run?

    Bubba is easy to counter, put some distance between him by use of a solid object. For example: I zig zag between trees.

    As others said, when you hear that terror radius run. Don't group up in one place

    Don't unhook in front of killer.

    I'm trying to be a good boy and stay away from the us vs them but I have to wonder if survivors even want to be challenged anymore. Don't think I am approaching you in bad faith, but dayum bro.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    TL:DR

    If your all standing next to each other that Bubba can down all of you in a single sprint. He deserves the 4k because you didn't split up.

    Man, I wish I knew how to play chainsaw killers. A 4K after taking down an entire group sounds like it's really rewarding to pull off

  • if you see him doing that a lot, you and your team are playing wrong. Don't group up against an AoE attack.

  • Everyone posting tl;dr reasons: Bubba's just a pay-to-win killer for people who need one IMO. My opinion ain't worth much but I've played against a respectable amount of Bubbas and I've never felt any "wow, what a skillful killer, props to you my dude" respect for any of them 😬

    Kick my guts inside out, stomp me like a bug and leave me clenching my fist cursing your mother as Billy and I'll be respecting you under all my butthurt...no offense but I'm honestly not sure Bubba mains even understand what the term "mind game" means 😆

  • Every other match? Broken? Uh, yeah, I guess anything can be considered broken if you play the exact same way every game against every killer.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/203801/why-is-bubba-able-to-down-up-to-all-survivors-in-one-attack

    It’s not a broken mechanic.

    Survivors staying close together against leatherface are simply making a bad play.

    Hear the TR? Split up. Scram.

    Unfortunately players get to used to how one killer works and refuse to adapt to bubba. So much I see when I play him just crazy amounts of misplays over aultrism, I shake my head at really you need to learn to not group don't do blatant farming and keep your distance and respect him for the beast he has become!

    🐷♥️

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1730836#Comment_1730836

    Unfortunately players get to used to how one killer works and refuse to adapt to bubba. So much I see when I play him just crazy amounts of misplays over aultrism, I shake my head at really you need to learn to not group don't do blatant farming and keep your distance and respect him for the beast he has become!

    🐷♥️

    The one i love and shake my head at: unhooks occurring mid chase against bubba.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1732693#Comment_1732693

    The one i love and shake my head at: unhooks occurring mid chase against bubba.

    CowabungaItIS2.jpg


  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1730974#Comment_1730974

    Again, because bubba can do this thing, so many play him like utter scum, aka camping in every form is a given.

    So you might as well throw the game immediately

    Like another user said earlier, do safe hooks away from him or get his attention with fast vaults away from him. I typically run Diversion for these issues. If you insist on unhooking in front of him, run BT and DS combo.

    If he is face camping hook, do gens and report him at the end. He will lose the game and depip. Hopefully depips enough to a rank you won't see them at again.

    Until they come out with a harsher punishment for face camping, that's all you can do.

    Lastly, when I do pay Bubba, I rarely find anyone bunch up like that. You must be playing yellow or green ranks for that to happen.

  • If Bubba wasn't able to down more than one survivor in one attack, he would have been the worst killer in the game. If you're trying to hook in front of him, don't complain when he downs you and the unhooked survivor.

  • When you are against Bubba, thats NOT what you do.

  • @WestX said:

    It does feel kind of strange. When ghost face exposes me I atleast feel its kind of fair, most of the time he had to work for that expose in order to insta down me. With other killers like Myers who get insta downs they have to work for it.

    But Bubba and Hillbilly? Nah they get free insta downs and people defend them. Why not just give Myers and Ghostface insta downs with no requirements then?

    Why is it fair for the chainsaws to just have low effort insta downs?

    Because they have a Charge time to use them and you can counter them with lockers, vaults, pallets, loops etc. Which should be more than enough options.

  • @DurkaDurka said:

    Imagine if his chainsaw was no longer an insta-down, but did NOT grant survivors a speed burst. So it'd be likely -but not a guarantee- to get a second hit on a healthy survivor. That'd be fun and still balanced probably.

    You shouldn't really nerf an ok killer tbh.

  • Why are survivors able to take 2 hits from paranormal serial killers, get skewered on a meat hook, and still teabag and sprint away like nothing happened...

    It's a weird game man

  • Because you grouped up against Bubba, therefore, you had it coming, I don't know what to tell you

  • @WanderingKnight said:

    I love how almost everyone is like "you're playing wrong". This mechanic is clearly broken. If all a killer has to do is stand in the basement hook with 1 perk (insidious) and wait to get a 4k something needs to change. He can even down you when someone rescues with bt.

    Or how about when he proxy camps on the hill.

    Or when he camps a basic hook.

    Sure we can ignore the survivor on the hook. Get 2-3 gens done and lose the match anyway. Leaving the hooked man to have a pleasure of literally sitting there the whole match. Or we can try and save hoping he's not like every bubba out there who uses these strats.

    And let's not even talk about using him best perk bbq.

    Bubba needs a small rework. I propose a slight speed decrease OR the ability to only hit something with the chainsaw twice at which point the power stops. There's no reason he should be able to chase me up the basement steps while I have bt after downing 2 others.

    The best way to fix it is to take away the multihit. it's that simple.

    Bubba players often play as scummy as they do because that very mechanic rewards it. Billy has a harder time to multihit, so there it's easier to actually counter. But with bubba playing like a complete douchecanoe gets encouraged and rewarded by the design.

    What I find hilarious, however, is seeing some people here wail on about 'you're playing wrong' when the mechanics means 'playing right' means giving up on the match (giving up on hooked survivors, not healing others), being the same people who throw a tantrum about how 'you can stealth against deathslinger and not every shot lands' is not a correct statement and ol' caleb should be removed from the game cause he's no fun to face...

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1732332#Comment_1732332

    The best way to fix it is to take away the multihit. it's that simple.

    Bubba players often play as scummy as they do because that very mechanic rewards it. Billy has a harder time to multihit, so there it's easier to actually counter. But with bubba playing like a complete douchecanoe gets encouraged and rewarded by the design.

    What I find hilarious, however, is seeing some people here wail on about 'you're playing wrong' when the mechanics means 'playing right' means giving up on the match (giving up on hooked survivors, not healing others), being the same people who throw a tantrum about how 'you can stealth against deathslinger and not every shot lands' is not a correct statement and ol' caleb should be removed from the game cause he's no fun to face...

    Would you be fine with his aoe-attack if camping was mechanically impossible? Just curious.

  • Bubba is another example of how BHVR overbuffs killers. If he is going to be able to use his chainsaw for an eternity now, then there needs to be a lot more defenses on the map.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Bubba is another example of how BHVR overbuffs killers. If he is going to be able to use his chainsaw for an eternity now, then there needs to be a lot more defenses on the map.

    There are enough defenses. You just refuse to use them.

    https://youtu.be/eDWYzM8KBcM

    But let me guess: Nearly 3 minutes for 1 hook (out of a maximum of 12) is not enough. Bubba should be even MORE loopable.

    What some people don't seem to understand is survivors have "up to" 3 lives EACH.

    Technically a 3 minute chase shouldn't even be possible no matter what.

    Just learn how to loop. Bubba has the exact same counterplay as before.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733433#Comment_1733433

    There are enough defenses. You just refuse to use them.

    https://youtu.be/eDWYzM8KBcM

    But let me guess: Nearly 3 minutes for 1 hook (out of a maximum of 12) is not enough. Bubba should be even MORE loopable.

    What some people don't seem to understand is survivors have "up to" 3 lives EACH.

    Technically a 3 minute chase shouldn't even be possible no matter what.

    Just learn how to loop. Bubba has the exact same counterplay as before.

    20200731154105-1.jpg

    No pallets right here for as far as you can see. I can't refuse to use something if they don't exists. As the number of pallets decrease, the power of killers increase. It's a horrendous trend.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733448#Comment_1733448

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XC1KCQUCKP5A/20200731154105-1.jpg

    No pallets right here for as far as you can see. I can't refuse to use something if they don't exists. As the number of pallets decrease, the power of killers increase. It's a horrendous trend.

    How is Bubba more problematic than Billy, Oni, Myers, Ghostface or even regular M1 killers when the whole map is a death zone, though?

    I thought you were referring to "normal" rng. That picture is just a mess and shouldn't even happen.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    For everyone not having any reading comprehension apparently:

    We are talking about situations where it is NOT possible to scram and scatter.

    So you are saying that the sole counterplay against bubba... is not to play.

    Because the issue is common situations: unhooking, healing.

    By your justification for this nonsense, again, the only counterplay bubba has is not to play.

    Or maybe, play smart and don't go to areas where that's possible in the first place. And don't heal vs killers that can easily down you in one hit.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1731071#Comment_1731071

    Why do people assume I am talking about regular situations?

    I am very explicitly talking about moments where you have to be together, like unhooking something. No gameplay mechanic, no killer power should mean that unhooking someone is impossible because the killer-player is a douchebag and camps AND is rewarded for that.

    Or am I wrong?

    Dont unhook vs a camper. Do gens, and the killer only kills one person.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1730974#Comment_1730974

    Again, because bubba can do this thing, so many play him like utter scum, aka camping in every form is a given.

    So you might as well throw the game immediately

    You don't have to save. If anything the bubba is throwing by camping.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733471#Comment_1733471

    How is Bubba more problematic than Billy, Oni, Myers, Ghostface or even regular M1 killers when the whole map is a death zone, though?

    I thought you were referring to "normal" rng. That picture is just a mess and shouldn't even happen.

    It's a bloodbath for all killers. But I see these deadzones all the time.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733477#Comment_1733477

    It's a bloodbath for all killers. But I see these deadzones all the time.

    I guess we can agree this kind of rng-mess needs to be figured out. I have seen that kind of death zone on Macmillan maps myself. Really shouldn't be a thing.

    However it really isn't a Bubba issue when there's literally nothing to defend yourself. It's a rng issue and turns about any killer into an unstoppable force.

  • If the survivors allow him to down all of them in one hit then that's on them.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    Because its his power, and if you don't like it play around it because 90% of its counterplay is not being out of position and the other 10% is not putting yourself in that position to begin with.

    if you are upset because you unhooked someone in front of the killer and went down then you are probably doing something wrong "hint its the unhooking in front of the killer part"

    Would you mind assisting me with the correct counterplay to a basement-camping Bubba? Who camps each survivor he gets down there? I guess "Wait for hatch." Would be your suggestion? Basement Bubba's are a disease with no cure.

  • Bubba noticed you survivors were not keeping 6ft apart during this trying pandemic. So he is helping you stay 6ft apart by knocking you down and then seperating you.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733448#Comment_1733448

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XC1KCQUCKP5A/20200731154105-1.jpg

    No pallets right here for as far as you can see. I can't refuse to use something if they don't exists. As the number of pallets decrease, the power of killers increase. It's a horrendous trend.

    Gotta love autohaven maps... BHVR did such a good job """balancing""" that realm in the mid-chapter ages ago didn't they lmao.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    For everyone not having any reading comprehension apparently:

    We are talking about situations where it is NOT possible to scram and scatter.

    So you are saying that the sole counterplay against bubba... is not to play.

    Because the issue is common situations: unhooking, healing.

    By your justification for this nonsense, again, the only counterplay bubba has is not to play.

    If you're healing or unhooking within sweep range, you 100% deserve to die

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    The better question is why did you misplay so badly he was ABLE to take out 2-4 people in one ability. Not why can he in general

    No, the question is why can he do it. No other killers can, and it makes him super noob killer friendly.

  • @Survivalofthemeta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1730798#Comment_1730798

    Would you mind assisting me with the correct counterplay to a basement-camping Bubba? Who camps each survivor he gets down there? I guess "Wait for hatch." Would be your suggestion? Basement Bubba's are a disease with no cure.

    welp let me give you some math,

    assuming it takes around 15-20 seconds to find a survivor at the start of a game

    and it takes the bubba 40-50 seconds to down them

    and 15 seconds for transport

    17.5+45+15= 77.5 seconds

    1-2 gens minimum should be done

    and if they see he is camping just finish the rest of the gens with the 120 seconds the bubba gives you and leave

    or just lose its your teams choice really

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733553#Comment_1733553

    welp let me give you some math,

    assuming it takes around 15-20 seconds to find a survivor at the start of a game

    and it takes the bubba 40-50 seconds to down them

    and 15 seconds for transport

    17.5+45+15= 77.5 seconds

    1-2 gens minimum should be done

    and if they see he is camping just finish the rest of the gens with the 120 seconds the bubba gives you and leave

    or just lose its your teams choice really

    The thing is people who complain about Bubba usually don't get downed in 40-50 seconds. They usually get downed in 4-5 seconds.

  • I remember downing all 4 survivors with Bubba, it was a guaranteed win, I was pretty excited because doing that is a pretty cool thing. It was the survivors fault for being out positioned and I was there, so I capitalized.


    But it didn't matter because someone brought unbreakable and extended the game by another 10 minutes.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1731478#Comment_1731478

    No, the question is why can he do it. No other killers can, and it makes him super noob killer friendly.

    He can do it because its how he works. Maybe if you stopped trying to tbag the chainsaw more people would live

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    I'm not judging things, but having this happen in about every other match I really have to ask: Who thought that a good idea?

    I've never seen it with Billy, but with Bubba it's a regular occurrence that he'll chainsaw into a group of survivors (upon unhooking or healing) and insta down everyone within a certain radius.

    I've seen groups of 2 and 3 go down, and heard tales of all survivors falling in one attack.

    How is that not a broken mechanic? His attacks cooldown is irrelevant if no one can run anymore.

    Survivors who bunch up are asking for it if they are going up against a Bubba. Even a Billy. The common practice is to heal right under the hook. Why would someone not go back to the hook for a quick two downs because the survivors decided to heal right there? I can see how it's frustrating and when it happens to me I am pissed, but I can't look at this and say "YEAH HOW DARE HE... USE HIS POWER!"

  • because he's mother ######### BUBBA!!!!!!!!

  • Why does DS allow 60 seconds of immunity.

  • It takes a second to rev up. Windows are your best friend against him!

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733448#Comment_1733448

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XC1KCQUCKP5A/20200731154105-1.jpg

    No pallets right here for as far as you can see. I can't refuse to use something if they don't exists. As the number of pallets decrease, the power of killers increase. It's a horrendous trend.

    I think this is the only thing you've ever said here that I agreed with. Dead zones are a huge problem. An issue with poor map design. Both sides suffer through it however, it has nothing to do with "killer bias"

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733655#Comment_1733655

    The thing is people who complain about Bubba usually don't get downed in 40-50 seconds. They usually get downed in 4-5 seconds.

    well this just tell them the tested tried and true

    image.png


  • I second this opinion.


    Bubba being able to down more than one SURV in one chainsaw sweep has always been a HUGE problem in my opinion.

    It should bebase kit maxed at 1, with some kind of add-on upping it to 2.

    This would fix the hook camping issue with Bubba.

  • @PubStar87 said:

    I second this opinion.

    Bubba being able to down more than one SURV in one chainsaw sweep has always been a HUGE problem in my opinion.

    It should bebase kit maxed at 1, with some kind of add-on upping it to 2.

    This would fix the hook camping issue with Bubba.

    I disagree. It's not like it's a guaranty that Bubba will get more than 1 or 2 downs if survivors make smart decisions. If 2 or 3 survivors go down into the basement to unhook 1 survivor, why should we expect that Bubba to not get 3 downs?

    The problem survivors (like myself for the longest time) have with Bubba is not knowing when to save and when not to save. Not knowing where to be and how to properly avoid being chainsawed.

    It's like Nurse or Spirit in the sense that we make poor decisions because we maybe don't know how their power works. Once you learn how Nurse teleports and how to spot an opportunity to force a bad teleport, you're able to avoid the majority of her attacks with being able to mind game on the same level as the killer.

    We don't like Bubba because we don't know how to avoid his chainsaw. I use to hate Billy because I was crappy at avoiding his dash and now that I know how it works, I'm more than confident that I can avoid the majority of things from Billy.

    This can be true with Bubba as well. He isn't suppose to be an easy killer to avoid, just like he isn't suppose to be an easy killer to get kills with, but if you understand what he can and can't do, you can play around those issues.

1 2 3